UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-21-2015, 09:46 PM   #226
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post

Here we have a salty youth who decided to express his frustration with Smogon Bird the best way he knew how.
...I just looked at that image again, and only just noticed that the Pokérus icon says Brave Bird. Missed that the first time.

EDIT: And that it's apparently Brave/Bird-type. Either a lot of this is very subtle or I'm not very observant.

Quote:

And here's our second in the Talonflame the Breeding Project Assistant series. This time we have a soft, postcard-like illustration depicting Serena and Talonflame biking around Prism Tower in Lumiose City. That's a popular spot for breeders, and one of my favorites too. Just hold down the D-Pad and go! But this artist decides to take it to the next level by depicting not just Serena on a bicycle but giving her a side carriage for Talonflame and the eggs to ride in as well. It even has Talonflame being the one to tell her when the first egg is starting to hatch! Adorable.
That is cool. Kinda feel like I'm the only one who hatched Eggs in Y by rollerskating back and forth along Route 7, though. And it's worked pretty well for me, too- it's actually gotten me a Shiny Hoppip and Illumise by complete accident, when my thumb slipped on the circle pad. But I'm getting off-topic here- I like how Talonflame is alerting Serena to one of the Eggs hatching. That's cute.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #227
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I, for one, always appreciate more Talonflame artwork. ^_^

It's amusing to read through the comments and see how much different people's egg-hatching habits vary. I was especially surprised that no one seems to share mine! Once I've amassed a full party of eggs, I have a designated route that takes me through the vast majority of the region without encountering any pokemon. Although, this was easier in Gen V, but I've managed to make it work in VI... Somehow~
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #228
Heather
Naga's Voice

My AS method is stick Volcarona in front (because I have like 5 from how many gen V runs I've done), ride circles around the Battle Resort, drop off hatchlings in the box, and pick up eggs as they're made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #229
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
My AS method is stick Volcarona in front (because I have like 5 from how many gen V runs I've done), ride circles around the Battle Resort, drop off hatchlings in the box, and pick up eggs as they're made.
Same here, only I use basically anything with Flame Body or Magma Armor. I restricted myself to Talonflame and Volcarona in Y (and a Fletchinder at one point, I believe), but now that soaring is a thing and breeding can be done within walking distance of the IV judge anyway, I feel free to use stuff like Magmortar or Magcargo- the latter of whom was actually my very first Flame Body Egg hatcher, and also the reason I elected to evolve my FB Slugma into Magcargo while posting in the Egg House.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:14 PM   #230
Talon87
時の彼方へ

(click for full size)

This artpiece from herzspalter affectionately tongue in cheek's the shocking news that we won't be getting a Pokémon Z.

This "Deal "-style picture of Drifloon skiing reminded me of Yuki. Sharing this principally for her. The picture comes to us courtesy of floons, a Tumblr account that follows the "ask a question, get a cute answer and sometimes fanart" vein of accounts.

This Zootopia crossover comes from kirbopher on Tumblr. I was reminded of Daisy when I saw it and am sharing it principally for her.

(click for full size)

This one comes from Kou's Pixiv account. Celebrating 20 years of Pokémon, we have an artpiece that can be interpreted several different ways. I like it.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #231
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:

This "Deal "-style picture of Drifloon skiing reminded me of Yuki. Sharing this principally for her. The picture comes to us courtesy of floons, a Tumblr account that follows the "ask a question, get a cute answer and sometimes fanart" vein of accounts.
This looks more like one of the Ice Climbers imo. Plus the back one's a Diglett on a snowboard.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:10 PM   #232
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

That was such a great scene xd Officer Buneary Hops looks so cute~ Thanks for sharing Talon!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #233
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:

Forgot to respond to this, but I am following the blog and saw the pic on tumblr. Love the fluffy coats. B)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #234
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Amazing what having to avoid spoilers for a year and a half can do ...

I've been looking up fanart a lot today, and one of the pieces I just recently found is my first big find I'm prompted to share with all of you. You remember the guy who did the really awesome fanart that shows Professor Oak looking at a photograph from his past? You know the one:

Well, apparently he's been working on a pet project off and on over the past five years. It's called 【王者の祭典】, which loosely translates either as "The King's Festival" or "The Champion's Festival". It's a story which, in its fourth chapter, culminates in Red, Green, and Blue all arriving at the titular tournament. It's now nine chapters in, and in the eighth and nine chapters, we get to see Green taking on his first-round opponent ... Karen, the Dark-type master and here a candidate for the Elite Four. When our story takes place, the original Elite Four -- Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance -- are all still present and accounted for. But Karen, Will, and Koga are all also enrolled in this tournament. And for her first opponent, Karen has the grandson of the world-famous professor from Pallet Town ...

(click any for full size; even bigger sizes are available from the Pixiv source)

The art is pretty darn good. The storytelling is not half bad either. It reads like an 8/10 fanfic or better, YMMV. If you want to start earlier, you can. (I later went back and read some earlier chapters.) If you want to start here, you can too. The two chapters, 08 and 09, do enough to show you both Green's side of things and Karen's. Earlier chapters might shed some light on why this particular fight might be a little traumatic for Green, but that's icing on an otherwise ready-to-eat cake.

When I read through these chapters, I frequently thought of you guys (in the ASB). It feels very much like what I imagine a dream ASB battle is to some of you. I'm sure there's lots here for some of you to hate, but I imagine for others it's going to be distilled Elysium even if you can't read what the characters are saying.

For those who can, it's a surprisingly well thought-out story. I like a lot of his headcanon takes on the various characters, even if they won't all overwrite my own. It's interesting to see what his interpretation of "the Evil Type" is. And because so much of the presentation reads like an episode straight out of the Johto League-era anime, it's kinda fun to see what his own "What if I got to write an episode of the Pokémon anime ...?" take on things is like.

So check it out if you like. Chapter 8 is here, and Chapter 9 is here.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:10 PM   #235
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Serena: When will our first kiss be?
Spoiler: show
XYZ 47

LOL
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #236
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hahaha, so, it's been a while since I last posted here. And it just so happens ... that I'm back with more Festival of Champions to share.

In January, Pixiv artist 清順(トンボ)posted the tenth chapter in their Festival of Champions series. You may remember that it was roughly one year ago when I posted about Chapters 08 and 09. So it's been a while to get here. But oh what a wait it was worth.

The artwork!

The intensity!

And best of all ...?

Someone's beaten me to the punch. I was thinking this might present a fun translation project, but it looks like someone my better has already taken it upon themselves to share this treat with the English-speaking world. So buckle up and enjoy, 'cause all ten chapters are available for you to read in English.

That smile of Umbreon's at the end though ... ^^;
Old 04-26-2018, 01:51 AM   #237
RealMrGame10
CAN'T BELIEVE KH3 IS HERE

Quote:
Hahaha, so, it's been a while since I last posted here. And it just so happens ... that I'm back with more Festival of Champions to share.

In January, Pixiv artist 清順(トンボ)posted the tenth chapter in their Festival of Champions series. You may remember that it was roughly one year ago when I posted about Chapters 08 and 09. So it's been a while to get here. But oh what a wait it was worth.

The artwork!

The intensity!

And best of all ...?

Someone's beaten me to the punch. I was thinking this might present a fun translation project, but it looks like someone my better has already taken it upon themselves to share this treat with the English-speaking world. So buckle up and enjoy, 'cause all ten chapters are available for you to read in English.

That smile of Umbreon's at the end though ... ^^;
Just read through all 10 chapters

this is some grade A good shit

I especially appreciate the occasional nod to Pokespe

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

lol who knows
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 08:18 PM   #238
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"...I have to live... I have to get home alive..."

(click for full size)

A fan artist posted this PMD-inspired fanart on Reddit and man. It's based off of this scene:

from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time.

Man. Just ... man.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #239
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Pixiv user Lychee has uploaded this charming collage of every type master (gym leaders, Elite Four members) from the seven generations of Pokémon games. It's a really fun concept! I love that it gives you a wonderful, fun sense of the similarities between the various characters who all gravitated towards the same type.

Take for example the Ground type. I've never seen Bertha look so awesome before! And this picture really gives you a sense of the gruff, silent severity of the Ground type trainers -- Hapu excepted, which one can only imagine she will grow into with time!

Or the Fire type! Just look at our firebrands! It's so great to see all six of them together like this, side by side, so you can compare and contrast them so easily. For all their differences in dress, culture, attitudes, beliefs, they all share in common that burning fiery passion that is so typical of Fire-type trainers!

At the same time, the differences between the trainers help to illustrate the different qualities or characteristics of each of the eighteen types. Take Ghost, for example. All of these trainers are our prototypical Ghost-type trainers. Each of them has one or more characteristics which we might associate with ghosts. Agatha's witch-like appearance, Morty's eyes that suggest "I see dead people", Acerola's "mufufu :3"-ness ... But at the same time, the trainers themselves can feel so different from one another. Agatha the old crone versus Acerola the naughty little girl. Shauntal the librarian (typically associated with introversion) versus Fantina the fashionista (typical associated with extroversion). All sorts of people can be attracted to the Ghost type -- their many differences give their group flavor, their similarities uniting them in common cause.

We also get to see the numbers: just how many gym leaders and E4 members have been of a certain type, and just how few have of others. Take Poison for example. This poor type has only seen representation four times across seven generations of games, among the fewest in the series. (Only the recently-introduced Fairy type has less.) And of the four Poison-type representatives, two are father and daughter, which somehow has the effect of making it feel like even fewer trainers are interested in pursuing Poison-type mastery. I'm calling it now: Gen 8 is either going to have a badass Poison-type Gym Leader or else it's even going to give us our first-ever Elite Four Poison-type master. (I mean, besides Gen 2-promoted Koga. ) Also can we take a minute to appreciate how adorable Janine looks in this picture? d'aww

Take a minute to look through all eighteen pictures on Pixiv. This is as good a time as any to register a Pixiv account if you haven't already. The pictures are all very cute and I had a fun time poring over each and every one of them. I hope you will too!
Old 11-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #240
Heather
Naga's Voice

I'm no good at navigating pixiv and all the moonrunes present there, how can I find the rest of the images?

Edit: I figured it out, dont mind me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 11-19-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:09 AM   #241
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Last week's episode revealed that, since the Alola cast visited Kanto, Suiren has been penpals with Misty, and they've been exchanging letters on what's been going on in both regions.

If Suiren can do it, is Ash keeping in touch with anyone?

I guess so!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:34 AM   #242
gooieka
Banned

My favorite fanart ever. Too large to directly post here so you'll have to click the thumbnail. I have a 40" posterized version of this in my apartment, with permission from the original artist. (Check out this picture's Comments section on Pixiv and you'll see our conversation! lol) Whoops, here's the original. I had to ask him for a text-free version, y'see.
gooieka is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON