UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 02-20-2016, 03:35 PM   #301
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Ok, can I have a collective 'rip Artur' pls?

-4 HP, -4 Mag, -1 Skl, -4 Lck, -1 Def. I am unsure as to how he is still alive/my highest levelled unit.
holy shit

rip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:07 PM   #302
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Quote:
Ok, can I have a collective 'rip Artur' pls?

-4 HP, -4 Mag, -1 Skl, -4 Lck, -1 Def. I am unsure as to how he is still alive/my highest levelled unit.
rip Artur
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #303
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah, you say that now.

I basically have to use him for the final chapters of SS because he's my only Light user with an S rank, and I'm horribly low levelled so I need to drag all the sacred weapons out for this to have a chance of winning.

Next time: An analysis of how badly Iron got fucked by levels, post-game edition!

EIDT: Beat SS finally, no fatalities (About 30-odd resets). 330 turns exactly, longest battle was Chapter 15 with 45 turns.

How the units turned out, for those who want to laugh at how badly they got screwed compared to average: [WARNING: In progress, this may take a while.]

Spoiler: show
Eirika- level 6 Great Lord
+1 HP, +4(+10 inc. stat boosters) Str, +3 Skl, 0 Spd, 0 Lck, 0 Def, -3 Res.

148 battles, 104 wins, 1 loss.

Oh gods Eirika. Chose her route first because it's apparently easier, but holy hell she sucked. I ended up using all my Str ups on her to pull her Str into double figures. She did redeem herself at the end though, especially when she took Sieglinde and actually doubled the final final boss.

Ephraim- level 3 Great Lord
0 HP, 0 Str, 0 Skl, -1 Spd, 0 Lck, -1 Def, 0 Res.

118 battles, 85 wins, no losses.

Ah, Ephraim. The source of much late-game grinding, along with Knoll. He wasn't too great in all, ended up using Metis' Tome on him to try and keep him valid. Eirika outclassed him tbh.

Seth- level 7 Paladin
+1 HP, +1 Str, 0 Skl, -2 Spd, +1 Lck, +2 Def, 0 Res.

70 battles, 54 wins, no losses.

ngl, didn't really use Seth too much. After experiences with Frederick in Awakening, I learnt to ignore the early-game prepromoted horseback unit. Literally, the last time I used him was on Ch 8 because I had to, and even then the most he did was sit on some stairs to stop thieves spawning.

Kyle- level 5 Great Knight
0 HP, -2 Str, +1 Skl, -2 Spd, +1 Lck, -1 Def, +1 Res.

170 battles, 122 wins, 1 loss.
One of the last units to get promoted, he ran pretty well all things considered. Probably my second best horseback unit.

Forde- level 20 Cavalier
-2 HP, +2 Str, -2 Skl, +1 Spd, -4 Lck, +2 Def, -3 Res.

152 battles, won 100, lost 1.

Oh gods Forde. He was always the worst Cavalier out of the three, buut somehow he did better than Franz this time.

Franz- level 20 Cavalier
-1 HP, 0 Str, 0 Skl, -2 Spd, -2 Lck, -2 Def, -2 Res.

128 battles, won 84, lost 1.

Oh gods Franz got dicked horribly. Hence why he never got promoted.

Gilliam- level 6 General
-1 HP, +4 Str, +1 Skl, -2 Spd, +4 Lck, -3 Def, +2 Res.

182 battles, 112 wins, no losses.

Holy hell Gilliam was a lifesaver earlygame. And later on, although he got replaced by Amelia by like, Ch 13.

Moulder- level 9 Bishop
+4 HP, +1 Mag, 0 Skl, +1 Spd, -2 Lck, +2 Def, +1 Res.

43 battles, 24 wins, 1 loss.

Ah, Moulder. The only one of the original three allies to actually be used throughout the story. Bishop gave him monster-slaying stuff, plus he was my only S rank staff user, so he had Latona for the final battles.

Vanessa- level 2 Wyvern Knight
+3 HP, +1 Str, -1 Skl, 0 Spd, -2 Lck, -3 Def, -5 Res.

132 battles, 80 wins, 2 losses.

Another late-game promote, but unlike Kyle, she didn't pick up much after promotion. Cormag and Tana were better tbh.

Ross- level 11 Beserker
+1 HP, -2 Str, -1 Skl, +4 Spd, -2 Lck, -2 Def, -2 Res

234 battles, 155 wins, 1 loss.

Oh gods Ross where do I start. He began horribly, being at -4 Str at one point, but he pulled it back eventually, and ended up beating the crap out of Lyon with Garm. Left both of them on 1HP. Never so terrified at a videogame in my life.

Neimi- level 10 Ranger
+3 HP, 0 Str, +2 Skl, -1 Spd, +4 Lck, -1 Def, 0 Res.

254 battles, 143 wins, 1 loss.

Ah, Neimi. Ther archer of choice for this run (when I felt I needed an archer). She levelled quickly, was my first promoted unit, and... kinda fell by the wayside after Jehanna until I gave her Nidhogg and sent her to slay a Dracozombie in the final chapter.

Colm- level 6 Rogue
-4 HP, -1 Str, -1 Skl, +2 Spd, +2 Lck, -3 Def, -1 Res.

144 battles, 66 wins, 3 losses.

Ah, Colm. One of the two thieves, also my fastest and the one who faced down three Tarvos and a Maelduin on the enemy turn, and came out untouched with 3 KOs.

Garcia- level 10 Warrior

228 battles, 163 wins, 1 loss.

Garcia, the unit oft forgotten because Ross exists. Picked up when Ross started sucking, dropped again when Ross was decent. He did tank a lot of stuff in Ch 20 though, so there's that.

Artur- level 14 Bishop

148 battles, 121 wins, 5 losses.

My highest levelled unit, wielder of Ivaldi and finisher of both the final bosses. I say 'finisher', others did the hard work for him (Ross first, then Amelia, Ephraim and Eirika second). He was god-awful statwise, but he somehow made it. If there was more than one base-level light mage, Artur would have been gone in an instant.

Lute- level 5 Mage Knight

143 battles, 123 wins, 6 losses.

Ah, Lute. The one unit I regret picking this promotion for, she would have been a much better Sage. As such, Saleh basically replaced her from the desert chapter onwards.

Natasha- level 10 Bishop

73 battles, 52 wins, 1 loss.

Oh gods. The cause of the most annoying reset, halfway through Ch 20, because she fucking sucked defensively, but still went into the final battle because she had Slayer and could probably be used to annihilate some reinforcements.

Joshua- level 3 Swordmaster
-2 HP, -4 Str, 0 Skl, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, -1 Def, +1 Res.

88 battles, 68 wins, 1 loss.

The last late-game promote, because his Str was the lowest in the army and didn't cross double figures until I promoted him at Rausten. Consequently, he got little if any action after the split, and definitely once Marisa showed up.

Tana- level 9 Wyvern Knight

197 battles, 152 wins, 1 loss.

It's Tana. My sole flier until I got Cormag, and even then Tana stuck around. Often the one doing the village runs or ohmygodGETTHEMTOAFUCKINGHEALERNOW runs.

Amelia- level 12 General

242 battles, 179 wins, no losses.

It's Amelia. What did you expect? She got S lances, doubled the final final boss with Vidofnir and almost died as a result.

Innes- level 8 Sniper.
-1 HP, +2 Str, +1 Skl, +3 Spd, 0 Lck, 0 Def, -1 Res.

92 battles, 53 wins, 1 loss.

ngl, didn't use Innes much outside of his recruitment chapter and the desert level, because Neimi was a thing and I don't really like archers that much anyway.

Gerik- level 9 Hero

152 battles, 119 wins, no losses.

Heroes are usually the best class in a Fire Emblem game, and Gerik did not disappoint. He ran all the way to the endgame, and probably would've gone further but I chose Marisa instead.

Tethys- level 2 Dancer
Used her in the recruitment chapter, and... that's about it really. So yeah, she was on base stats.

Marisa- level 13 Assassin

164 battles, 115 wins, 3 losses.

Marisa… She could’ve been great, but she rarely critted much. She was better than Joshua though, and I took her through to the endgame for the hell of it. She had Audhulma too.

Saleh- level 12 Sage
+2 HP, 0 Mag, 0 Skl, +3(+speedwing) Spd, -1 Lck, +2 Def, -1 Res.

70 battles, 62 wins, 2 losses.

Saleh… I think the numbers speak for themselves. Bit of a glass cannon. Still, he was worth the effort, especially after the Speedwing. He ran rampant against the Deathgoyles in Darkling Woods, and then helped snipe off some Gorgons with Excalibur later on.

Ewan- level 7 Druid.

140 battles, 119 wins, 1 loss.

Ewan needs no introduction.

L'Arachel- level 10 Valkyrie
0 HP, +1 Mag, 0 Skl, -1 Spd, -5 Lck, -3 Def, -2 Res.

68 battles, 33 wins, no losses.

Usually, I hate mid-game healers, they take too long to level. L’Arachel was no exception. But, she was worth the effort, a staffbot that could wreck most things.

Dozla- level 5 Beserker
+1 HP, 0 Str, +1 Skl, 0 Spd, 0 Lck, 0 Def, -1 Res.

70 battles, won 54, lost 1.

…Forgot this guy existed. He came around when Ross started getting good again, so he kinda… faded out.

Rennac- level 6 Rogue
-1 HP, 0 Str, 0 Skl, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, +2 Def, -1 Res.

68 battles, 36 wins, no losses.

Yeah no I barely used Rennac unless I needed a second thief for stuff like the desert chapter or those chapters with chests on both sides of the map.

Duessel- level 12 Great Knight
+1 HP, +1 Str, -1 Skl, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, 0 Def, -1 Res.

63 battles, 40 wins, no losses.

…Holy hell I used Duessel that little? Took the guy for most story chapters I had him for… Ah well, he was a true powerhouse where he actually fought.

Cormag- level 10 Wyvern Knight
-1 HP, 0 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, +1 Lck, 0 Def, +2 Res.

132 battles, 98 wins, 0 losses.

He soloed Morva with a Dragonspear. Enough said. He’s also my only unit with a capped stat and is still possibly my best flier.

Knoll- level 2 Summoner
+1 HP, -1 Mag, -2 Skl, +2 Spd, +1(+ Goddess Icon) Lck, +1 Def, 0 Res.

71 battles, 58 wins, 3 losses.

Ah Knoll, you never were very good were you? Promotion didn’t really help either. Nor did the Goddess Icon.

Myrrh- level 1 Manakete
Never used her, hence base stats.

Syrene- level 5 Falcoknight
+1 HP, 0 Str, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, -1 Def, -2 Res.

21 battles, 17 wins, 1 loss.

Yeah no Syrene got no actual use outside of a bit of levelling.

Most kills: Amelia- 179.
Most battles: Neimi- 254.
Most deaths: Artur- 5.
Best HP: Gerik- 54
Best Str: Garcia- 27.
Best Mag: Ewan- 25.
Best Skl: Eirika- 27.
Best Spd: Tana- 28.
Best Lck: Neimi- 27.
Best Def: Amelia- 27.
Best Res: Artur- 24. Myrrh has 27 with the Dragonstone but that doesn't count.

S ranks
Swords: Eirika, Seth, Colm, Marisa, Gerik
Lances: Amelia, Gilliam, Cormag, Tana, Kyle, Ephraim
Axes: Ross, Garcia, Dozla
Bows: Neimi, Innes
Light: Artur
Anima: Lute, Saleh
Dark: Ewan
Staves: Moulder.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 02-21-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #304
Heather
Naga's Voice

So I got Birthright and I've been playing it all weekend. These are not in chronological order.

First off, married Kaden, now have two adorable nine tails fox children capable of using dragon veins. Kara and Selkie are my adorable jelly beans.

Second off,
I DIDNT GET THE A RANK WITH KAZE I SORELY REGRET THIS EVEN IF IT WAS A GUIDE DANG IT I LITERALLY HAD JUST GOTTEN HIM MARRIED A CHAPTER OR TWO AGO AND HE JUST DIED IN A CUTSCENE

Third, lost Rinkah and Orochi on the boat. That falcon knight just WOULDNT DIE UGH.

Fourth, Mozu and Oboto became the Super Spear Girls. They're married. I DONT CARE IF IT SAYS A+ THERE ITS TOO CUTE AND THEY AINT MARRYIN ANYONE ELSE AND THERE WAS NO CANONICAL A+ CONVO SO I HAVE FANON AUTHORITY.

Lastly, cheesed Pleasure Palace Iago. Silenced his turret long enough to kill it's operator, then silenced him, had Mozu hit him with the Raider Naginata, leaving him in his undies for Hana the not Jumpluff to finish off. BEST BOSSFIGHT YET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #305
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Having issues with Ch. 5 of Conquest. Lol
Old 02-21-2016, 06:36 PM   #306
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
Yeah, I've heard it's a challenging map. Which difficulty are you playing on?

Anyways, been playing Birthright. Normal/Classic to get a feel for the game (and new mechanics) before moving onto harder difficulties. Not grinding since it'll make it easier. Only up to Ch. 15, but I'm enjoying this game way more over to Awakening. More focus on player phase actions, the new debuffing mechanics, nerfed Pair Up, etc, really improved the gameplay.

Also Takumi is amazing, possibly the best archer I've ever used. (Haven't played RD so can't comment on RD!Shinon)
Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 PM   #307
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Hard. I should probably just do Normal or something since this one is supposed to be challenging. IDK, my units are like levels 1-3 except for MC who is 6, and the enemies are all 7+.

I like it! But it's tough.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:50 AM   #308
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

9 chapters through Conquest, and I'm enjoying it more than I hoped I would. Playing on normal because I don't have everything figured out yet.

(very minor Conquest spoilers)
I plan on having Corinne marry Mozu. The prince/villager pairing just seems really cute to me.

I might have Arthur marry Effie. I'm not sure about the rest of them.

I'm glad they included the art from amie. It looks really nice. My heart kind of stopped when Elise showed up.

This game seems to ignore one big rule from other Fire Emblems, and that is when a unit is defeated in combat, that unit is dead. So many chapters scared me, because I had to defeat units that are obviously going to be allies later on.

I look forward to seeing what I can do with the capture system. I doubt I'll use many generic units, since it would kill levels and time I could spend with my characters.

I wonder if the thing Mr. Evil Emperor was talking to was Grima. That would be kind of lame, but what can ya do?
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #309
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
I got the Special Edition myself (literally only 5 copies came into the store where I bought it) and I'm playing Birthright first in Lunatic/Classic mode. Currently at Chapter 11 so far and loving every minute of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
Ugh oh yeah that chapter was horrible especially in Lunatic. I don't even know how I beat that with everyone alive to be honest. xd
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:02 PM   #310
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Conquest is where I want all my Fire Emblem games to be, but Jesus can it be unforgiving.

Miss an attack. Now a friend dies. FFFFFFF.

Up to Chapter 8 right now and I'm thinking of restarting the game with a different boon/banes. I went with Speed+/Luck- and I'm not really digging it. Anyone know if Speed is as important as it was in Awakening? Or if Luck is still the best weakness? I'm almost considering going for either Strength+/Luck- or Speed+/Magic-.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #311
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Never played an FE game before and decided to try special edition on hard/classic. Fun so far, up to chapter 8 or so.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #312
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Conquest is where I want all my Fire Emblem games to be, but Jesus can it be unforgiving.

Miss an attack. Now a friend dies. FFFFFFF.

Up to Chapter 8 right now and I'm thinking of restarting the game with a different boon/banes. I went with Speed+/Luck- and I'm not really digging it. Anyone know if Speed is as important as it was in Awakening? Or if Luck is still the best weakness? I'm almost considering going for either Strength+/Luck- or Speed+/Magic-.
Str+/Luck- is probably the best Boon/Bane for a physical Corrin, especially since you want to use swords. I did that for Corrin and he's been pretty good with that. Mag+/Luck- is also a great choice. Just don't make your Bane HP or Spd, just don't. Speed would be nice during late game, since I've heard enemies can get rather fast. Luck as a Bane is your best option, along with Res since Corrin's Res is not going to be good anyway.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #313
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Fort Kuno is open for visitors. If for whatever reason you want to come to my shitty fort.

13225-78530
88372-81860

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:52 AM   #314
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

>Lv. 16 Sakura with 60% Mag Growth rate
>only has 11 Mag from a base of 6 at Lv. 1

gdi Lunatic RNG. (In Fates Lunatic mode, your stat growths per level are already rolled once you start the game and is fixed so I can't soft reset to get a better growth ;;)
Old 02-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #315
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
>Lv. 16 Sakura with 60% Mag Growth rate
>only has 11 Mag from a base of 6 at Lv. 1

gdi Lunatic RNG. (In Fates Lunatic mode, your stat growths per level are already rolled once you start the game and is fixed so I can't soft reset to get a better growth ;;)
On the one hand, that seems kinda shitty for the reset-happy community that I have to imagine is most Fire Emblem players.

On the other hand, it seems like that's kind of a mixed blessing: it affords you a ton of peace of mind going forward. Rather than neurotically obsessing over hundreds of soft resets per battle, you can just beat a chapter with all units intact and move on with your life (and the game!). No need to play the same battle over and over again because this time you lost Unit A and this other time you lost Unit B and this other time you had everyone survive but the protagonist only got +1 in a stat where he really should have been getting +2 or better, etc.

Sympathies though. It reminds me of some of the Gen 3 troubles people had with the Latis.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:50 AM   #316
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I fucked up super hard with this run in Conquest.

I didn't know the maid was a upgraded class, so I wasted many kills on a unit who would never be any good. Her stats were so low that I thought she was a basic class.

It seems I should have made support couples alot earlier than I should have.

I fucked up HARD with Corrin. I didn't think the manakete powers used Mag, so I had his boon be str, and his weakness mag. I wanted a mag one in Birthright, but it's the Conquest one that class ups with a freaking tome! I use the dragonstone alot too. That extra defense is really helpful.

Few specifics (no real spoilers, but it has characters and whatnot)
The lack of good magic users is really discouraging. Elise is a fucking beast, but the others aren't so good. Nyx never hits and dies really quickly, and Odin is not only weak, but slow.

The two child units I have had the chance to obtain are weak. Percy was made from the two strongest units I have, but he's still worse than Beruka in every way. Kana is also pretty lackluster.

I kind of wish the Prince/Princesses weren't the typical upgraded units with bad stat growths. Elise is the exception (her growths are amazing), but everyone else....not so much. Xander has great starting def, and his weapon is excellent, but when he levels up, he usually only gets a luck point and maybe a res point.

I wish they had regular pegasus knights. I would have liked to make Selena one.

PS: I hate chapter 20 with a passion.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 02-26-2016 at 01:47 AM.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:49 AM   #317
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I got Birthright the other night. Been enjoying it

Address:
07825-50747
41860-21211
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #318
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I also got Conquest. I'm playing completely blind, went Mag+/Luck-. Well, I guess not completely - I didn't realize the maid class was promoted until this thread! I'll hold off on giving her more of that lovely experience.

I'm about to start Ch. 8.

So far I really like it, but am not really digging how much it focuses on making Corrin so powerful so early. This can make it hard to focus on training up other characters.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:42 AM   #319
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

>maid

Regarding Felicia/Jakob, yes they start as a promoted class but their stats are actually comparable to that of a basic class. (Think of them as Lv. 1 as compared to Gunter's, say, Lv. 20 + 1) They're not gonna hog the EXP if you give it to them unlike Frederick in Awakening.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #320
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Adding to the above, they're still very useful for their skills that support Corrin, and staves. Their internal level is set to be the same as a unpromoted unit, which is why they gain EXP at the standard rate. Gunter's pretty okay for Attack Stances though.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #321
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Conquest Chapter 11. Fuck you.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:45 PM   #322
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Yeah but Gunter's a special case.
see, Gunter starts good but is awful. He has Jagen-like growths according to serenes. His highest personal growths are 15% in HP and Luck, and it's like 5 to 0% elsewhere.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #323
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Quote:
Yeah but Gunter's a special case.
see, Gunter starts good but is awful. He has Jagen-like growths according to serenes. His highest personal growths are 15% in HP and Luck, and it's like 5 to 0% elsewhere.
That's why I said he's good for Attack Stance lol. By that, I mean have him next to the person in range of the enemy, enemy strikes the main unit, gets countered, and Gunter finishes them off.

That way, he doesn't take EXP from your main unit, he just makes the process of getting them EXP so much easier.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #324
Heather
Naga's Voice

>Bbb calls Kana lackluster

HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY KANA-BEAN, FOXY DRAGON SON WILL EAT YOU.

...I married Kaden if you couldn't tell. Kana is actually really good this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #325
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Depends on your version, the kids are apparently a lot worse in Conquest. Probably worth doing the chapters for them because lolexp, but they apparently aren't as good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games