UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 03-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #76
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Hang on, even with Trick Room in effect I don't see why Seaking would sit there and take a Zap Cannon to the face. With a Curse boost he should be fairly able to get mostly out of the way, especially since Revier apparantly pushed him back some distance with Psychic and ZC is a slow-arse move to travel. The fact that he didn't land his previous attack should mean he's fairly able to see the move charging and anticipate it, thus only get clipped for minor damage/paralysis at best.

Also not sure how two Poison Jabs that did not connect have used all his Poison energy.

Also confused as to how a Pokémon can sit there and go 'I'm confused... so I can't Disable... so I'll dodge!' before getting hit with a Megahorn.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 03-09-2011 at 04:54 PM.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #77
Selena
Aroma Lady

3 things, 1 viable. First the non viable ones.

First of poison jab charges poison energy/whatever and dashes in, you don't need to connect to loose the energy.

Secondly about the confusion, that's why he was hit in the first place he was thinking too long, unless you mean that he shouldn't have been hit I don't get your point. You still hit him pretty hard.

As for zap-cannon, your sig makes him faster in the water, thus extra slow in trick room. Curse countered that, but seaking is still a fast swimmer normally and as such pretty slow in trickroom, without that curse it would have been slowpoke slow. I might lessen the damage a little, but not tonight...

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #78
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>First of poison jab charges poison energy/whatever and dashes in, you don't need to connect to loose the energy.

While this is true, I'm pretty sure that not all of the Poison energy would be lost unless there's a direct transfer into the target. Missing would probably use about half the energy of usual, but physical elemental attacks shouldn't use all of their type energy unless they make a clean hit.

>Secondly about the confusion, that's why he was hit in the first place he was thinking too long, unless you mean that he shouldn't have been hit I don't get your point. You still hit him pretty hard.

Point was that despite that consideration of orders he was still able to dodge in time to only get a 'partial hit', which doesn't make sense. By the time he's realised he should dodge, he should be clear-minded thanks to taking a Megahorn to the gut.

>Trick Room/speed shit

Up untill now you've been portraying Seaking as reasonably speedy thanks to the Curse boost. Not as fast as Revier, but still fairly fast. With Zap Cannon being a slow attack, it should still be fast enough to get a majority dodge on. I might also point out that his sig boost to speed isn't dependant on his physical strength like a normal speed boost.

Not trying to seem like a bitch, it just seems a bit inconsistant to me to have you reffing Seaking as somewat fast to suddenly being as fast as a paraplegic with no wheelchair.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 03-09-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 AM   #79
Selena
Aroma Lady

I'll edit the damage done later, but it will not be a complete dodge mind you. Also I should have said that megahorn hit for the majority, not for a slight bit, remember bug energy was already below half. As for physical elemental attacks losing their energy, I do it this way. Sorry but for me this makes more sense.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P

Last edited by Selena; 03-10-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #80
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Revier, now we Rest

Looks like I might be here to stay...

PASBL Trainer Level: 4 | 26-12-8 | 77 KO's | 199 TP | 0 SP
PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

[.:Badges:.]
Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge

Last edited by Insidious_Dreamer; 03-20-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Insidious_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #81
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Take the time to loosen up with an Long-term Agility*, then nail him with a Double-edge. If you're too paralysed to move let's use a Fully-charged Hyper Beam."

*Doesn't boost speed when paralysed - had a massive headache over whether Curse would be better but then remembered that.

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 03-21-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #82
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 11:

After some serious energy use, Slowking wisely decides to take a nap, and while he rests, Seaking tries to limber up a little with LT agility. It has to be noted however that paralyzes from a zapcannon is quite severe, and the agility doesn’t completely cure it. Still feeling too restricted in his movements SEAKING starts charging up a hyper beam to full level and fires it at the sleeping Revier, who wakes up in pain…. Only to slump down again as the hyperbeam was just too much.

Results:
Seaking used extreme energy and is basically fainted from that too, hanging by a thread, plus he still has some lingering paralyzes and used a hyperbeam.

Slowking is unable to battle, I_D send out your next pokemon please.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #83
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Send a message via AIM to Insidious_Dreamer Send a message via MSN to Insidious_Dreamer
Revier, we'll put this down to stupid fishes. Dont worry, we'll have our revenge.

Buzz, Battoru Sutations!

Let him fight against his paralysis and faint from exhaustion this round. Curse while you do this. Finish with Thundershock if he just doesn't seem to faint...

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #84
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Predictable. SEAKING, while you're fairly healthy I can't see you doing much here. Come on back.

Bradley, let's show 'em there ain't no party like an S-Club party."

Quote:
Bradley: Male Nidoking
Nidoking: (Poison/Ground) - Of the Nido monarchy, Nidoking has the higher offensive power, and any attacks it uses with its tail are 1.25 times as powerful. All Nidoran have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.
If not completely immune, Poison-types are highly resistant to poisoning.
Ground Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 75% the normal damage from electric attacks. If a Ground-type is wet, electric attacks affect it normally (unless the Pokémon is naturally wet/slimy, like Quagsire).
Bio: Under construction. A singer, he has a thing for Kush's Nidoqueen.
No Signature Move
"Earth Power. Twice for kicks."
Old 03-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #85
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

God dammit

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #86
Selena
Aroma Lady

I_D if you haven't figured it out yet, this has become very popular.

Round 12: Switching is the new black

I_D’s next combatant is Buzz Lightyear the Electabuzz who stares angrily at the fish, but not for long as a red(!) recall beam envelops the Seaking causing him to disintegrate and return to his pokeball. It seems that Dave considered him too tired and went with the tested and all popular switching shenanigans. Sending out Bradley the Nidoking in exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokedex/
Electabuzz: (Electric) If an Electabuzz sees the color red, it may launch into a blind rage. While in this rage, an Electabuzz’s attack is doubled, at the expense of a halved defense. A trainer may, with a note in their bio, however, say they’ve trained Electabuzz not to respond to red. However, Electabuzz will lose the ability to go into this rage if they do so.

Nidoking: (Poison/Ground) - Of the Nido monarchy, Nidoking has the higher offensive power, and any attacks it uses with its tail are 1.25 times as powerful. All Nidoran have sensitive hearing, at the expense of being more vulnerable to sound attacks.
Also just as the recall beam hit Seaking a gentle breeze blew some wind in Electabuzz’ eyes causing him to miss it and as such he didn’t saw the red, what a shame. Still his orders were pretty simple “curse up and watch him faint”. So he does that, the first part at least, because Bradley doesn’t faint. He attacks with earth power dealing some pretty heavy damage right off the bat and Buzz’ curse makes it so that I can’t let Buzz dodge for no apparent reason either. As Bradley hasn’t fainted Buzz prepares for a thunder shock but soon realizes that Bradley is a ground type and it won’t have any effect to burn the energy. Yeah pokemon are intelligent enough to know this stuff when switching shenanigans™ have just happened. Only then though, so watch out.

Also remember that I said that curse would make Buzz too slow to dodge, well I lied. Trickroom is still in effect and he was just surprised as it is hard to see an earth power coming. This time however Buzz’ luck is a bit better and he manages to use his speed to manage a partial dodge on the second one. He still takes a heavy hit and to make matters worse, trickroom expirers and he’s feeling sluggish right now.

Results:

Buzz took some ridiculous damage and is almost at the midpoint already, yeah I really should start reffing 150%/300%. Energy use was pretty much non-existent, still fine. Boosted and slowed.

Bradley case is completely reversed, using two earthpowers in a row has left him tired and a very heavy way below perfect. Still undamaged though.

Dave who is bad and should feel bad.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 03-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #87
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>using two earthpowers in a row has left him tired

He's fresh out the ball. Two Earth Powers does not a tired Nidoking make.

"Good start, Brad. Now Sludge Bomb and Sweet Kiss projectile."
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #88
Selena
Aroma Lady

Well distinctly more tired than Buzz is anyway.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 03-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #89
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Alright then Buzz, lets try a Skull Bash and then an Ice Punch

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 03-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #90
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 13:

Buzz starts the round by using some normal energy to create a white dome over his cranium and somewhat sluggishly runs over to Bradley. Bradley sees it coming and, due to curse, has plenty of time to aim his sludgebomb so he manages four hits. Although the skull bash dome protects Electabuzz from some damage. Also Buzz runs into Bradley for some damage. Bradley has a weird reaction to getting rammed in the gut, he sends some hearth formed projectiles at the Electabuzz, confusing him as he wonders why the hell he did that. Anyway Buzz seems to confused to do anything, but then he remembers something, something about punching. He strikes his arm wildly at the Nidoking for a light punch, forgetting to infuse said punch with ice energy.

Results:

Electabuzz took some damage, but skullbash dome and curse helped a little. He’s a little bit below the midpoint now. Energy use wasn’t too bad either, a very good way below perfect now. Also confused.

Bradley took his first damage, and both attacks were curse boosted, luckily Buzz forgot about the ice part. A good way below perfect. Energy use was very good leaving him a fairly heavy way above the midpoint.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #91
Selena
Aroma Lady

I_D if you have subsribed this is a reminder (otherwise you'll probably not notice this).

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #92
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Sees post
>'Oh cool, ID's asked a question and Milo's answered!'
>It's a bump

disappointedturtle.png
Old 04-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #93
Selena
Aroma Lady

>sees post
>"Wow he reacted really fast and Dave has even counter ordered"
> It's only a reagpost

Arg.png

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #94
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Sorry boys. Iron Tail and then Mega Punch, Buzz.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 04-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #95
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

No probs man.

"He's out of it, so give him an Earthquake to shake him up. Take his Iron Tail and respond with a second Earthquake, Bradley. Because this isn't predictable at all."

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 04-15-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #96
Selena
Aroma Lady

Round 14:

With Buzz out of this world and high in the heavens, Bradley unleashes a terrible EQ, sending ground energy through the poor Electabuzz and snapping him out of his trance. Enraged he charges his thin long tail in steel energy and whips Bradley for a harsh blow. Bradley only has an evil glint in his eyes as he once again sends a shockwave through the ground, this time enough to take Buzz down in some spectacular overkill.

Results:
Bradley took very good damage (before you complain Dave, still old scale). He’s a good way above the midpoint now. Energy use was very heavy and if he wasn’t tired last round, he is now, slightly below half.

Buzz is unable to battle, I_D can we have your final pokemon please.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Old 04-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #97
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

Yeah. Thanks to fucked up rules, we have this stupid situation where I no way of getting around the inevitable totally predictable orders Dave had. As a result, I'm not pissed off at all - really I'm not. Oh yeah, and this doesn't look like a walkover at all - really it doesn't.[/sarcasm]

Genryu defend our honour! By hiding! Yes yes. Good strategy. Release into the water, below the surface. Dragon Dance for kicks.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #98
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

You know you love it. Also stop being a wimp - I want a slot back sometime soon d:

"Chill for now with a Focus Energy, Brad. If you see any swirling water with your heightened senses then fire off a Sludge Bomb volley."
Old 04-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #99
Insidious_Dreamer
Marsh Badge

It's hard not to be when you go and use such stupid cheap tactics. And with the installation of the new rules, I now can't repeat the shitty thing you did to me. So, now that I'm at a serious disadvantage, you better stop laughing and keep your game face on.

I still have a few plans up my sleeve to make this a good run for your money.

PASBL Referee (C+)
| Squad | League Table |

Reffing Badge
Onslaught Badge
Old 04-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #100
Mercutio
Banned

Kush in being totally right shocker