UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #576
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You watch with delight as George undergoes his evolution into a Malamar. This was the exact swing in momentum you needed, this would be enough to turn the tide is this battle. As gem-like eyes of the Sableye begin to glisten, light gathers within the gems, light that could spell the end for Observe. The Psychic type detects the attack and recognising its potential, immediately takes evasive action. As the Sableye lets loose the Dazzling Gleam, Observe leaps into the air, somersaulting over the burst of fairy energy. He lands on the ground free of harm, he would continue to persevere. Now clear headed courtesy of his evolution and wielding a new found power, George rushes the Sableye, eager to get payback on the Sableye for the confusion it had put him through. George bashes the Sableye with one of his large tentacles, knocking the ghost backwards. Having climbed back to its feet, the Skuntank gets itself back into the fight, letting out a burst of flame that explodes across George's exposed back. Small embers strike Observe as well, it is only a small amount of damage but it is beginning to add up.

Observe can feel his health fading, but he knew there was a way he could use his condition to his advantage. Making a beeline for the Skuntank, the Medicham began to channel his pain, this would be a reversal of fates. A devastating punch leaves the Skuntank unconscious on the hard cavern floor, but then the Poison type's unconscious body begins to rumble. A gas begins to seep from the Skuntank, before Observe can react he is surrounded by it. Staring back at you, the Medicham has the faintest glint of fear in its eyes, he now knew what was coming. The gas suddenly ignites, exploding as Observe is hit by the Skuntank's aftermath. The Medicham collapses, unconscious and unable to continue. An enraged George lets out a massive torrent of flame which consumes the Sableye, knocking it unconscious as well. Letting out a pulse of hypnotic energy, George causes the grunts to collapse as well. The two men are soon snoring away, they would no longer be a threat.

The Meteor Form Minior in your arms wiggles free and begins to roll across the cavern floor. It comes to a stop near the ropes the two men used to descend into the cave. It knew its friends were up there somewhere, it needed to help them.

Myahoo- You happily climb into Jet's balloon, accepting his invitation to help him with the bird survey. You explain to him that you've been searching for a Pidgey, both other Trial Captains you had encountered had identified as the man to go to for all things bird related.

"They can be evasive little buggers I'll give you that", Jet smiles at you endearingly. "You wouldn't think a common Pokemon like Pidgey would be hard to find but the Cloud Harden is such a complex series of ecosystems with many territorial species. The Pidgey line is actually the first species on the list, there are some nests on the cliffs surrounding the Cloud Shrine where we should find them. We'll have to get into the air first though, Drifblim, take us up!" The Drifblim floating above Jet's head extends its arms down to grab metal rings on each corner of the basket. The Ghost then begins to inflate, quickly increasing in size. The slowly but steadily the basket begins to rise into the air, taking you higher as the ground slips away.

You ascend through a ring of clouds, your ears popping as you ascend into the higher reaches of the Cloud Garden. "Last time I did the survey there was a young mating pair of Pidgeotto who were sitting on their first clutch of eggs. They should be hatched and flying by now, ready to leave the nest and go out on their own. I'm certain one of them would be perfect for you. We should be coming up on their nest in a moment." As you approach the cliff, you begin to spot a multitude of nests, containing a range of different bird Pokemon. Staraptor, Swanna, Braviary, Honchkrow just to name a few, you had never seen so many bird Pokemon in the same place before. You scan the nests and eventually spot the pair of Pidgeotto that Jet was talking about. However as you get closer, you notice Jet is looking concerned. Where were the Pidgey?

"This isn't right, they should be here", Jet certainly sounds concerned. Jet releases a Pokemon from its Pokeball, the Emolga lands on the side of the basket, awaiting instruction. "Emolga, search the nest for egg shells", the Electric type glides across to the nest and begins to search. The Pidgeotto do nothing to stop it, they seem familiar with this process. "If there are egg shells then the babies have hatched and left already, hopefully that is the case. A few minutes pass before Emolga glides back to the basket, clutching something in its hand. "What have you got there?" The Emolga hands Jet a pink feather, it certainly wasn't the eggshell the trial captain was hoping for. "This isn't from any bird Pokemon I have encountered before, have you seen anything like this before Melissa?"

Biggggg5- Isaac seems relieved when you accept his request for assistance. You'd come to the orchard hoping to find such a task and it seemed like you had found one. You recall Tex, the Grubbin could use some rest, the Sitrus berry would have helped with her health but her stamina would still be flagging.

"I've been too busy around the orchard to check myself, but I believe the troop live in a small cave set into the bank of the Starline River. With the Simisage troop on the back foot I've got to go make sure Simisear doesn't take advantage of the situation, so I'm afraid we are going to have to leave you. Call into the farmhouse if you find them or can't find them, either way I'll pay you for your efforts. The river is south east of here, the might not be easy to find, but I'm certain you can manage. Simipour is a sweetheart, there isn't an aggressive bone in her body so she shouldn't cause you much issue, I just hope she is okay."

Isaac looks around before locating a small plume of smoke beginning to rise above the trees. "It seems we are already late, come on Lady!" The Herdier barks and races off towards the smoke, the boy following behind her. "Find Simipour and the Panpours! Its the only way we can stop this madness!"

Old 10-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #577
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- Isaac seems relieved when you accept his request for assistance. You'd come to the orchard hoping to find such a task and it seemed like you had found one. You recall Tex, the Grubbin could use some rest, the Sitrus berry would have helped with her health but her stamina would still be flagging.

"I've been too busy around the orchard to check myself, but I believe the troop live in a small cave set into the bank of the Starline River. With the Simisage troop on the back foot I've got to go make sure Simisear doesn't take advantage of the situation, so I'm afraid we are going to have to leave you. Call into the farmhouse if you find them or can't find them, either way I'll pay you for your efforts. The river is south east of here, the might not be easy to find, but I'm certain you can manage. Simipour is a sweetheart, there isn't an aggressive bone in her body so she shouldn't cause you much issue, I just hope she is okay."

Isaac looks around before locating a small plume of smoke beginning to rise above the trees. "It seems we are already late, come on Lady!" The Herdier barks and races off towards the smoke, the boy following behind her. "Find Simipour and the Panpours! Its the only way we can stop this madness!"
With Tex secure in her pokeball Big stows the net ball and turns to take in the details. He nods along. "You go take care of Simisear then, we will be sure to find Simipour." He says as Isaac rushes off. He looks up to the sky through the trees and squints, trying to see where the sun in the sky. "Hmm, southwest should be this way... I think." He says to himself. Frowning he takes the great ball and ghost ball off his belt. "Come on out Mysteria and Wake." He calls out two of his newer pokemon. Mysteria gives her creepy grin and Wake just looks around curiously. "Alright you two, we are looking for a missing Simipour. Mystria, I know the sun isn't your favorite but I'd like you to use your claws to climb one of these trees real quick to help us get some bearings? At the very least we should be heading southwest." Mysteria gives a wink, which is very odd considering her gemlike eyes, and makes for the closest and tallest looking tree. Wake looks up at Big waiting for orders and big just smiles and gives the water type a reassuring rub on the head. "I don't need anything specific right this second bud. I just thought you'd be useful to have around if we are looking for a water type. You'll be able to get in her head better." Mysteria lets out a snicker at that comment from her position on the tree, the context of which is a little disturbing. But Wake nods and they get ready to move on once they have a heading from Mysteria.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #578
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Heather:
With the issue between Marcus and Kimmy seemingly resolved, Mint was able to turn her attention to the helpful little Oricorio from before. Eager to oblige the Oricorio on its offer to join her party, Mint takes a moment to pick out a Pokemon with a type advantage and hopefully not crush her potential future partner too badly. Settling on her Trapinch, Mint asks both Pokemon if they were ready to fight and then quickly offers commands to Bantu while Oricorio prepares itself for battle.

As the antlion squares off against the small cheerleader bird, Oricorio lets out a confident Growl as if to remind the insect(?) who is higher up the food chain. Bantu sulks a little, but moves to strike anyway as he Feints left and then Attacks from the right as Oricorio is caught off guard. The faster bird quickly spins around and blasts the Trapinch with an Air Cutter for solid damage. Bantu Bites down on Oricorio’s leg in order to prevent being blown back, causing the bird to chirp in pain.

Oriocorio’s leg was stinging quite a bit from Bantu’s chompers, but overall seemed like it would still be able to move around just fine. Meanwhile, the slicing winds had cut right through the Trapinch’s weak special defenses, but Bantu was able to shake it off fairly well. The two Pokemon have traded similar blows so far but both remain fairly fresh with high energy and were ready to keep going. What will Mint do?

TheKnightsFury:
Recognizing the significance of this challenge for pack dominance despite the disparity in numbers in this situation, Jayson decided to let nature take its course and watched on as Fenrir charged forward to defend his mother. Tottering on the edge of the steep cliff face, barely hanging on for dear life, the Dusk form Lycanroc watched on in both relief and horror to see her pup again but in such a dangerous situation.

Fenrir promptly let out a shrill Howl that echoed off the mountainside to announce his arrival and challenge the Midnight form Lycanroc to battle. The tall red wolf smirked and stared down his opponent as he sized the much smaller opponent up. It appeared to not take Fenrir very seriously as it stepped forward casually as if to provoke Fenrir to attack. The Rockruff kicked up a Sand Attack but the Lycanroc simply smirked and closed its eyes. The Lycanroc simply laughed and spread its arms wide, offering No Guard to show that it wasn’t going to try and dodge anything and began Taunting Fenrir that it could take whatever he dished out.

The fur on Fenrir’s back bristled in frustration as he lunged forward and flanked the Lycanroc before biting into it with Thunderous Fangs. The attack hit cleanly, but yet the Lycanroc still seemed relatively unfazed by it. Rearing its paw up high, Lycanroc looked about ready to retaliate with a devastating blow to Fenrir before the Dusk form began barking uncontrollably in fear of her pup’s life. Midnight sneered and turned to look at her, displeased that she would interrupt their battle. Shrugging Fenrir off, he turned to fully face Dusk and began approaching her on the cliff’s edge. What will Fenrir do?

Ironthunder:
It was a peaceful sunny day as Liawe made her return to the Cloud Garden, a welcome sight compared to her chilling previous experience. Basking in the comfort of the sun’s warmth, the fledgling trainer inspected the Pokemon that had decided amongst themselves who would be accompanying her on this journey. There was Caeda the Skarmory, Carl the Starly, Summer the Vulpix, Calem the Caterpie, Mae the Combee, and Tantei the Dedenne. As her Pokemon came out one by one, several of them seemed eager to eat some lunch, so Liawe decided that they might as well have a small picnic atop the nearest hill.

Despite the Galea Plains featuring lush grassy meadows for seemingly miles on end, the nearest hill that Liawe and her Pokemon climbed seemed to be somewhat gravelly. She paid it no mind however, as she picked out a good spot and spread out a small blanket. With her Pokemon all gathered around, they hungrily waited as Liawe procured a small assortment of sandwiches and berries. The smell was enticing and all six Pokemon seemed to be ready to dig in when suddenly everyone began to look around a little confused.

Liawe was perplexed, unable to decipher at first what was triggering the creatures’ heightened senses, but soon enough she heard it too. There was an unusual ringing sound, like high pitched metal creaking, but no one was able to pinpoint where it originated. Everyone began to look around curiously when all of a sudden Tantei gasped. The hungry little Dedenne was first to notice that their picnic had suddenly disappeared, blanket and all, with nothing but a hole in the ground remaining. What will Liawe do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:48 PM   #579
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Myahoo- You happily climb into Jet's balloon, accepting his invitation to help him with the bird survey. You explain to him that you've been searching for a Pidgey, both other Trial Captains you had encountered had identified as the man to go to for all things bird related.

"They can be evasive little buggers I'll give you that", Jet smiles at you endearingly. "You wouldn't think a common Pokemon like Pidgey would be hard to find but the Cloud Harden is such a complex series of ecosystems with many territorial species. The Pidgey line is actually the first species on the list, there are some nests on the cliffs surrounding the Cloud Shrine where we should find them. We'll have to get into the air first though, Drifblim, take us up!" The Drifblim floating above Jet's head extends its arms down to grab metal rings on each corner of the basket. The Ghost then begins to inflate, quickly increasing in size. The slowly but steadily the basket begins to rise into the air, taking you higher as the ground slips away.

You ascend through a ring of clouds, your ears popping as you ascend into the higher reaches of the Cloud Garden. "Last time I did the survey there was a young mating pair of Pidgeotto who were sitting on their first clutch of eggs. They should be hatched and flying by now, ready to leave the nest and go out on their own. I'm certain one of them would be perfect for you. We should be coming up on their nest in a moment." As you approach the cliff, you begin to spot a multitude of nests, containing a range of different bird Pokemon. Staraptor, Swanna, Braviary, Honchkrow just to name a few, you had never seen so many bird Pokemon in the same place before. You scan the nests and eventually spot the pair of Pidgeotto that Jet was talking about. However as you get closer, you notice Jet is looking concerned. Where were the Pidgey?

"This isn't right, they should be here", Jet certainly sounds concerned. Jet releases a Pokemon from its Pokeball, the Emolga lands on the side of the basket, awaiting instruction. "Emolga, search the nest for egg shells", the Electric type glides across to the nest and begins to search. The Pidgeotto do nothing to stop it, they seem familiar with this process. "If there are egg shells then the babies have hatched and left already, hopefully that is the case. A few minutes pass before Emolga glides back to the basket, clutching something in its hand. "What have you got there?" The Emolga hands Jet a pink feather, it certainly wasn't the eggshell the trial captain was hoping for. "This isn't from any bird Pokemon I have encountered before, have you seen anything like this before Melissa?"
"They can be evasive little buggers I'll give you that." Jet smiled at her. "You wouldn't think a common Pokémon like Pidgey would be hard to find, but the Cloud Garden is such a complex series of ecosystems with many territorial species. The Pidgey line is actually the first species on the list." Melissa perked up at that. "There are some nests on the cliffs surrounding the Cloud Shrine where we should find them. We'll have to get into the air first though. Drifblim, take us up!"

The Ghost-type grabbed a ring on each corner of the basket and slowly inflated to lift them into the air. Melissa nervously watched the ground fall away, but as the basket remained stable, she cautiously relaxed and looked upwards. They passed through a ring of clouds, Melissa shivering at the chill and then popping her ears to equalize pressure, as they headed to wherever the nests were.

"Last time I did the survey, there was a young mating pair of Pidgeotto who were sitting on their first clutch of eggs," Jet said as they continued to rise. "They should be hatched and flying by now, ready to leave the nest and go out on their own. I'm certain one of them would be perfect for you. We should be coming up on their nest in a moment."

Melissa eagerly scanned the cliff for the Pidgey line, spotting Staraptor, Braviary, Honchkrow, the swan-like Unovan birds that she thought were called Swanna maybe? and many others before spotting the Pidgeotto that Jet had probably been talking about. She glanced back at him, excited, but he looked worried. Another look and she felt a pang of concern as well. He'd said there were supposed to be young Pidgey, but there didn't seem to be any around.

"This isn't right. They should be here." Jet called out an Emolga and Melissa grinned briefly at the sight of it. "Emolga, search the nest for egg shells."

The Emolga glided over to the nest and poked around in it, barely disturbing the Pidgeotto. Huh. She hadn't exactly thought about how Jet was doing the survey, but that was pretty straightforward

"If there are egg shells, then the babies have hatched and left already," Jet said as they watched his Emolga search. "Hopefully, that's the case."

Several minutes later, Jet's Emolga glided back with something pink in its hand. "What have you got there?" A pink feather? Melissa glanced over at Jet in confusion. "This isn't from any bird Pokémon I have encountered before. Have you seen anything like this before Melissa?"

Melissa shook her head and pulled out her Pokédex to see if it might be able to recognize the feather. "I can't think of anything with pink feathers off the top of my head. Could it be a new species moving in?"
Old 10-23-2018, 04:14 AM   #580
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post

TheKnightsFury:
Recognizing the significance of this challenge for pack dominance despite the disparity in numbers in this situation, Jayson decided to let nature take its course and watched on as Fenrir charged forward to defend his mother. Tottering on the edge of the steep cliff face, barely hanging on for dear life, the Dusk form Lycanroc watched on in both relief and horror to see her pup again but in such a dangerous situation.

Fenrir promptly let out a shrill Howl that echoed off the mountainside to announce his arrival and challenge the Midnight form Lycanroc to battle. The tall red wolf smirked and stared down his opponent as he sized the much smaller opponent up. It appeared to not take Fenrir very seriously as it stepped forward casually as if to provoke Fenrir to attack. The Rockruff kicked up a Sand Attack but the Lycanroc simply smirked and closed its eyes. The Lycanroc simply laughed and spread its arms wide, offering No Guard to show that it wasn’t going to try and dodge anything and began Taunting Fenrir that it could take whatever he dished out.

The fur on Fenrir’s back bristled in frustration as he lunged forward and flanked the Lycanroc before biting into it with Thunderous Fangs. The attack hit cleanly, but yet the Lycanroc still seemed relatively unfazed by it. Rearing its paw up high, Lycanroc looked about ready to retaliate with a devastating blow to Fenrir before the Dusk form began barking uncontrollably in fear of her pup’s life. Midnight sneered and turned to look at her, displeased that she would interrupt their battle. Shrugging Fenrir off, he turned to fully face Dusk and began approaching her on the cliff’s edge. What will Fenrir do?

Jayson couldn't believe he had failed to account for the Midnight Lycanroc's No Guard ability. Perhaps it was the intensity of the situation, or maybe he just wasn't as good as he thought he was. This wasn't time for self doubt however, he needed to be on his game, he couldn't make a similar mistake. Jayson quickly recalled everything he knew about Midnight Lycanroc, including what he had learned from his earlier encounter. Lycanroc was fond of the move Counter, if Jayson left Fenrir open to a direct Counter it would certainly spell the end for the brave pup. The only way to circumnavigate that was to attack with special attacks, with which the Rockruff only had a few. They needed to play smart. The Midnight Lycanroc had just turned its back on Fenrir to finish off his mother before she could recover. With its back turned it wouldn't be able to prepare a Counter, giving them a slim window of opportunity to get a good hit in.

"Fenrir quickly use Foul Play to turn the Midnight's power onto itself. Follow up with an Earth Power before keeping its attention on you with a Snarl." If they could give Fenrir's mum enough time to get back to her feet, she might just be able to finish the job that he and Fenrir certainly weren't equipped for. The Honedge on Jayson's back began to groan, clearly displeased with him. He was keeping it from joining the fight, but mostly because he needed a last line of defence in case the pack decided it was time for the intruder to pay.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #581
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- You watch with delight as George undergoes his evolution into a Malamar. This was the exact swing in momentum you needed, this would be enough to turn the tide is this battle. As gem-like eyes of the Sableye begin to glisten, light gathers within the gems, light that could spell the end for Observe. The Psychic type detects the attack and recognising its potential, immediately takes evasive action. As the Sableye lets loose the Dazzling Gleam, Observe leaps into the air, somersaulting over the burst of fairy energy. He lands on the ground free of harm, he would continue to persevere. Now clear headed courtesy of his evolution and wielding a new found power, George rushes the Sableye, eager to get payback on the Sableye for the confusion it had put him through. George bashes the Sableye with one of his large tentacles, knocking the ghost backwards. Having climbed back to its feet, the Skuntank gets itself back into the fight, letting out a burst of flame that explodes across George's exposed back. Small embers strike Observe as well, it is only a small amount of damage but it is beginning to add up.

Observe can feel his health fading, but he knew there was a way he could use his condition to his advantage. Making a beeline for the Skuntank, the Medicham began to channel his pain, this would be a reversal of fates. A devastating punch leaves the Skuntank unconscious on the hard cavern floor, but then the Poison type's unconscious body begins to rumble. A gas begins to seep from the Skuntank, before Observe can react he is surrounded by it. Staring back at you, the Medicham has the faintest glint of fear in its eyes, he now knew what was coming. The gas suddenly ignites, exploding as Observe is hit by the Skuntank's aftermath. The Medicham collapses, unconscious and unable to continue. An enraged George lets out a massive torrent of flame which consumes the Sableye, knocking it unconscious as well. Letting out a pulse of hypnotic energy, George causes the grunts to collapse as well. The two men are soon snoring away, they would no longer be a threat.

The Meteor Form Minior in your arms wiggles free and begins to roll across the cavern floor. It comes to a stop near the ropes the two men used to descend into the cave. It knew its friends were up there somewhere, it needed to help them.
The battle was nearing its end, and Terri smiled, knowing this full well. Observe had evaded the Dazzling Gleam while George landed a Payback on the Sableye. Then, the Medicham used his alarming lack of hit points to his advantage, landing a Reversal that knocked the Skuntank clean out- though the Skuntank got the last laugh as its Aftermath activated, knocking Observe out in turn. Enraged by this, George let fly an Overheat that knocked out the Sableye as well. And following this, the freshly-evolved Malamar took a little initiative, and cast Hypnosis on the grunts, so they too lost consciousness.

"Good thinking, George," smiled Terri. "And congratulations," she added.

"Thank you," grinned George. "I must say, I feel much more powerful now." A statement that would seem ominous coming from a Malamar, considering the reputation the species was cursed with, but Terri knew better than to let such stereotypes affect what she thought of her Pokémon- she knew George to be too kind-hearted, too sweet, to ever dream of misusing his immense hypnotic powers unless he or those he cared about were in danger.

Terri then approached her unconscious Medicham. "It's OK, Observe, you battled hard. I'm proud of you," she smiled. But just before she could try and think about how she was going to grab hold of Observe's Luxury Ball, that was made easier for her- the Meteor Form Minior wriggled free from her grasp and started rolling across the cavern, stopping at the ropes the grunts had used to gain entrance in the first place.

The Minior is clearly worried about its friends, Andromeda remarked telepathically. Terri, we should help, yes?

Terri nodded. "And we will," she agreed. Arms now free, she held out the Luxury Ball. "Observe, undo," she added, withdrawing the Medicham. "Take a good rest," she murmured before minimizing the ball and putting it safely away. Then, she looked at her pair of Psychic-types- the grunts now unconscious, Andromeda felt safe in letting up on the Camouflage, no longer needing to be ready with the element of surprise.

"Then let's go!" said George.

Terri nodded, and led the way after the Minior. Once they caught up, Terri crouched down to address the Rock/Flying-type. "It's OK," smiled Terri. "We're gonna help you help your friends." Then, she stood back up, looking up the ropes. "Maybe we should climb them," she murmured. "Those ropes have to lead somewhere, maybe to some kind of vehicle they're using, and if we can get in, we can find out more about what's happening- we still don't know, after all, what they actually intend to do with the Minior. Hmm," she gave a small sigh. "I wish I could just fly up there..." she murmured. However, she didn't seem to be letting such things as an inability to fly get to her- the young Trainer grabbed a rope, intent on climbing it. George was ready to fly up alongside Terri, possibly catch her should she fall, while Andromeda took it upon herself to carry Minior by using Psychic as she followed them- she didn't believe it would be wise to leave the little guy in there all by itself- they didn't know when those grunts would wake up, after all.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:01 AM   #582
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Biggggg5- A new task required new Pokemon and you quickly release a pair from their Pokeballs. Mysteria the Sableye and Wake the Marill seem pleased to be on the job, the ghost was grinning somewhat maliciously while the blue rodent seems rather curious about his surroundings. With Isaac dashing off, you decide the first thing you should do is locate the river, but for that you would need to get your bearings. At your direction, Mysteria scuttles along the ground and quickly scales the tallest berry tree she can find. The Sableye has no issues climbing, her sharp claws were designed for climbing around caves, a much harder task than scaling a tree. It was mid afternoon by now, making it easy for the ghost type to determine which way was west. Determining which way was south was a bit harder but eventually she returns to the ground, pointing a clawed hand in one direction. Trusting your Pokemon, you head off in the direction Mysteria had decided is southwest.

You've walking for almost half an hour when the doubt starts to build up. Had Mysteria gotten it wrong? Had she sent you northwest instead of southwest? Your doubts are suddenly washed away as Wake bursts ahead, it seems he senses something! As you chase him through a thicket of bushes you quickly have to slam on the brakes, else you end up joining the Marill in the river.

The Starline River, you'd found it! Wake floated around in the crystal clear water, the current was gentle, just how the Marill liked it. Mysteria eyed off the water, she wouldn't be joining the blue mouse in the water. Now you had found the river, you just had to locate the cave where the Simipour were said to dwell. Looking around there was no sign of the any caves. The bank on this part of the river was quite low, however looking across the water, you notice the other bank is quite steep. If there was going to be a cave in the bank, it would likely be somewhere on the other side of the river....

Myahoo- You inspect the feather, but you're as lost as Jet, you had no idea what this feather could belong to. Hoping that technology is the answer, you pull out your Pokedex and give the mysterious feather a scan. The Pokedex beeps and boops, a spinning signal seems to take up the screen for the better portion of a minute before the device responds.

"Scan incomplete, insufficient material. Search incomplete, Pokemon belongs to Egg Group: Field." It seems the Pokedex can only do so much with a feather, you still didn't know the Pokemon but you had gained some more information, perhaps that would narrow down the possibilities.

"Keep thinking on it Melissa, this could be more important than simply finding you a Pidgey. If something or someone has taken these eggs than more Pokemon could be at risk. Let's continue with the survey for now and see if we can find any more clues." Jet directs his Drifblim around as you continue to inspect nests and record Pokemon numbers. You have a bit of hope when you go to count the Pidgeot, but all of the couples seem to be egg-less at the moment, crushing your chances of getting a Pidgey from somewhere else. You count some Fearow, Swellow, Staraptor and even a couple of Braviary, but as Jet's Emolga checks the nests for more strange clues it fails to find any. It seemed like the lone feather was the only clue you were going to get, any working out what it belonged to was your only chance of getting the Pidgey you desire.

Missingno. Master- Recalling Observe into his Pokeball and congratulating George on his evolution, you quickly follow the Minior over to the ropes. You reassure the Rock type that you would help rescue its friends, but first you had to scale this rope! Gripping it with both hands you begin shuffle your way up, George floats alongside patiently. Thankfully you are light and lean, making it rather easy to shimmy your way up the rope. Andromeda lifts off the ground, her gem glowing as she uses telekinesis to lift the Minior off the ground and into the air. Everyone was now off the ground and before you know it you're out of the cave. The morning sun was shining bright, but you're attention was quickly drawn to the large aircraft hovering overhead. You continue up the rope and George eventually helps you up into the aircraft. Looking around the compartment you find yourself alone, thankfully. There are two doors, one to the rear and one towards the front of the aircraft. The cockpit likely resided ahead, while what was in the rear of the aircraft was largely unknown.

Andromeda soon touches down on the aircraft, she releases her psychic grip on the Minior letting it hit the metal floor with a plonk. The Rock type rolls around unsure, it couldn't sense its comrades. They had to be around here somewhere, likely being confined to prevent their escape. The longer they remained prisoner, the more likely they were going to come to harm. It was time to get a move on, the longer you stayed still the more you risked losing the element of surprise.

Observe gained 2 levels
George gained 3 levels
Andromeda gained 1 level

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 10-28-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #583
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- Recalling Observe into his Pokeball and congratulating George on his evolution, you quickly follow the Minior over to the ropes. You reassure the Rock type that you would help rescue its friends, but first you had to scale this rope! Gripping it with both hands you begin shuffle your way up, George floats alongside patiently. Thankfully you are light and lean, making it rather easy to shimmy your way up the rope. Andromeda lifts off the ground, her gem glowing as she uses telekinesis to lift the Minior off the ground and into the air. Everyone was now off the ground and before you know it you're out of the cave. The morning sun was shining bright, but you're attention was quickly drawn to the large aircraft hovering overhead. You continue up the rope and George eventually helps you up into the aircraft. Looking around the compartment you find yourself alone, thankfully. There are two doors, one to the rear and one towards the front of the aircraft. The cockpit likely resided ahead, while what was in the rear of the aircraft was largely unknown.

Andromeda soon touches down on the aircraft, she releases her psychic grip on the Minior letting it hit the metal floor with a plonk. The Rock type rolls around unsure, it couldn't sense its comrades. They had to be around here somewhere, likely being confined to prevent their escape. The longer they remained prisoner, the more likely they were going to come to harm. It was time to get a move on, the longer you stayed still the more you risked losing the element of surprise.

Observe gained 2 levels
George gained 3 levels
Andromeda gained 1 level
Terri was by no means the strongest person physically, but her small size and light weight were definitely points in her favor right now. Her faithful Malamar hovered alongside, ready to catch her should she fall, but this was not looking to be a concern. With Andromeda and the Minior close behind, the group exited the cave, and found themselves entering some sort of huge aircraft hovering overhead.

Soon, they were in. Terri and George were standing on solid floor once more, and Andromeda was close behind, releasing her psychic hold on the Minior, who rolled around uncertainly. This prompted Terri to kneel down and address the Rock/Flying-type. "It's OK," she whispered. "Your friends have got to be in here somewhere. Let's find them, OK?" With that, she stood back up and looked around. Two doors- one led to the rear, the other to the front. And the one leading to the front likely led to the cockpit, Terri reasoned. If they wanted to be discreet about this, then making their presence known to whoever was piloting this damn thing was probably not in their best interests. No, they had to explore, they had to find out where the Minior were, and if they were really being helped or if they were being held against their will.

We should exercise caution, Andromeda suggested telepathically. Should I use Camouflage?

Good idea, Terri thought back, nodding. Then, she slowly led the way over to the rear door, ready to open it and lead the way through. Andromeda, once concealed, made to follow, and George would follow as well, but first, the Malamar intended to see if Minior wanted to be carried or could follow just fine on his own. Either way, George intended to keep an eye on Minior, make sure nothing happened to it while they sought out its friends.

*Observe grew to level 44!*

*Observe grew to level 45!*

*George grew to level 31!*

*George learned Light Screen!*

*George grew to level 32!*

*George grew to level 33!*

*Andromeda grew to level 36!*
Old 10-30-2018, 11:09 PM   #584
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
Myahoo- You inspect the feather, but you're as lost as Jet, you had no idea what this feather could belong to. Hoping that technology is the answer, you pull out your Pokedex and give the mysterious feather a scan. The Pokedex beeps and boops, a spinning signal seems to take up the screen for the better portion of a minute before the device responds.

"Scan incomplete, insufficient material. Search incomplete, Pokemon belongs to Egg Group: Field." It seems the Pokedex can only do so much with a feather, you still didn't know the Pokemon but you had gained some more information, perhaps that would narrow down the possibilities.

"Keep thinking on it Melissa, this could be more important than simply finding you a Pidgey. If something or someone has taken these eggs than more Pokemon could be at risk. Let's continue with the survey for now and see if we can find any more clues." Jet directs his Drifblim around as you continue to inspect nests and record Pokemon numbers. You have a bit of hope when you go to count the Pidgeot, but all of the couples seem to be egg-less at the moment, crushing your chances of getting a Pidgey from somewhere else. You count some Fearow, Swellow, Staraptor and even a couple of Braviary, but as Jet's Emolga checks the nests for more strange clues it fails to find any. It seemed like the lone feather was the only clue you were going to get, any working out what it belonged to was your only chance of getting the Pidgey you desire.
Her Pokédex emitted a series of noises as it attempted to identify the feather before saying, "Scan incomplete. Insufficient material. Search incomplete. Pokémon belongs to Egg Group: Field."

Melissa frowned. "Well, that didn't help much."

"Keep thinking on it, Melissa. This could be more important than simply finding you a Pidgey. If something or someone has taken these eggs, then more Pokémon could be at risk. Let's continue with the survey for now and see if we can find any more clues." Melissa agreed as Jet directed his Drifblim around, inspecting nests and recording Pokémon numbers. She briefly got her hopes up when they checked in with the Pidgeot, but all the pairs were eggless.

Frowning, Melissa pulled up a list of all the Flying-types on her 'Dex and scrolled through them in between helping Jet count birds. Jet's Emolga didn't find any other clues and Melissa only found one bird with pink feathers: the Alolan P'au Oricorio. Which...didn't seem quite right to her. Fiddling with the settings so she was looking at a list of Pokémon in the Field Egg Group, she skimmed through them, mostly on the lookout for anything pink or with feathers. She paused on Weavile. Wait a sec...

She pulled up Weavile's description, but it only mentioned Alolan Sandshrew and Vulpix as prey. Looking at its pre-evo, though, Melissa began to have a hunch. Pulling up Sneasel's information, her heart dropped at what she read. 'Steals eggs from the nests of bird Pokémon' and 'pokes holes in eggs so it can slurp out the insides.'

"Uh, Jet?" Melissa showed the Trial Captain what she'd found, probably a bit wide-eyed. "I think I've found our culprit."
Old 11-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #585
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- Deciding it was best to avoid alerting the pilot to your presence, you head out to search the rest of the aircraft. George picks up the Minior, who seems happy for the assistance and Andromeda reapplies her camouflage, disappearing in an instant. Heading through the doors, you find yourself in a narrow corridor. You head through in single file, you pass a couple of doors but the Minior seems to be interested with something further down the corridor. Eventually reach you the door at the end of the corridor, you hesitate for a moment before opening it.....

The Minior leaps free of George's grasp as it spots its friends, trapped in a tight containment chamber. The Miniors could barely move and they lacked the same cheeriness they possessed when you first encountered them. Looking around the room, it seems to be a makeshift lab, there was a decent amount of tech, as well as a computer that has been conveniently left on. Perhaps the computer contained the information about what was intended for the Minior. The Meteor Form Minior begins to slam into the containment unit, attempting to free its friends. However it fails to even scratch the surface, perhaps brute force wasn't the answer here. Andromeda takes guard by the door, it was unlikely this room would remain unoccupied for long. The Minior continues to try and break its friends free, eventually cracking a piece from its shell. This is the first opportunity you have to get a glimpse of the Minior's core colour, the stunning indigo glow is quite a sight.

Myahoo- It took some investigating, but eventually you solved the mystery of the mysterious feather. However the joy of success quickly faded when you realised what it meant. If Sneasel had indeed stolen the eggs, they likely never hatched. As you tell Jet the discovery, the Trial Captain's face drops. "Not again." Not again? Had this happened before? If it had happened before, then maybe Jet knew more....

"Sneasel were a problem years ago, when I first took on the role of Trial Captain. It took a while but eventually I managed to stop them from stealing eggs, but it seems that time has pasted. I'd completely forgotten about it until now, if the Sneasel have started stealing eggs again, those responsible need to be stopped before the habit spreads. Melissa would you do me a favour? Would you head to the Snowfall Steppe? Track down the Sneasel responsible and make them regret their actions? I'll finish up the survey here, then meet up with you when I can." Jet stuck both of his pinkies in his mouth and let out a high pitched whistle. Moments later, a Pidgeot swooped down beside the balloon. "My Pidgeot will give you a lift down and you can give me a call on this walkie-talkie if you find anything." Jet hands you the device. "There is still a chance the Pidgey hatched before the Sneasel could eat the eggs, but if they did they'll be stuck in an area they aren't equipped to survive in." There was still a glimmer of hope, a chance you could get the Pidgey you were search for, but that hope was fading quickly. Would you accept the task?

Old 11-02-2018, 06:35 PM   #586
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

TheKnightsFury:
Recognizing the sheer threat that the Midnight Lycanroc posed, Jayson quickly racked his knowledge of the species and thought to adjust his strategy for a better way to counter it. As the bipedal wolf turned its back on Fenrir to stare down his struggling mother, Jayson called out new orders to the wolf pup.

With the Lycanroc’s back turned to Fenrir, the Rockruff had him right where he wanted him. The imposing Midnight form reared up its fist, ready to smash it down on the struggling Dusk wolf, but Fenrir came in and slammed into Midnight’s leg. The act of Foul Play caused Midnight’s knee to cave and the off balance wolf’s fist swung and missed its target, hitting itself in the side for some excruciating damage. Midnight growled furiously and retaliated, smashing Fenrir back with a Reversal of strength. It wasn’t nearly at full power, but the super effective hit was enough to sting quite a bit.

Getting back to his feet, Fenrir began to glow a golden color as the Power of the Earth began to flow through him. A small fissure cracked across the ground from Fenrir to Midnight, and a wave of golden energy blasted the taller wolf. Midnight was clearly enraged now, at this pup’s feeble attempt to interrupt his coup. The Rockruff’s hits were beginning to add up, and the evolved form was ready to put a stop to it. Fenrir Snarled angrily at Midnight who didn’t seem too bothered about dropping his special fortitude. All he cared about right now was physically bashing the pup’s skull in. The Dusk form growled and barked frantically, fearing for her child’s life, and despite clinging to the side of the cliff for dear life, she struggled to climb back up and prepared to shoot a flurry of rocks in Midnight’s direction.

Midnight smirked menacingly, having for the opportunity he was looking for. He dashed over to the mother at blinding speed and clocked her clean with a Sucker Punch that sent her flying over the edge.
AWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo…

Her howl echoed across the mountainside as it grew fainter until it abruptly stopped. Time seemed frozen as everything went deafly silent. The Midday Lycanrocs all looked around as Midnight turned to face Fenrir with a huge twisted grin on his face. Fenrir simply stared forward at the cliff’s now empty edge where his mother previously was. It was hard to comprehend what was going through his head, but the Rockruff suddenly began howling uncontrollably in return, hoping to hear another response from the bottom of the mountain. The blood red moon continued to beam down on the battlefield, but the light had suddenly grown a bit lighter.

Jayson looked to the east. A faint glimmer of light poked out from the side of Mt. Zephyria, growing brighter and brighter as the sun had faintly began to rise over Fizzytopia. If it weren’t such a tense situation right now, it would have been breathtaking to sit and witness. The duality of the celestial objects danced in the twilight of the sky above, with the moon still present but beginning to fade while the sun emerged in a swash of spectacular colors. The red of the moon swirled with the black and blue of the sky and the yellowish orange of the sun. Midnight suddenly began to feel a bit exhausted as the energy of the night had just barely begun to fade and turned to tower over Fenrir. It was time to end this charade and finish his usurpation.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-02-2018, 07:08 PM   #587
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:
Recognizing the sheer threat that the Midnight Lycanroc posed, Jayson quickly racked his knowledge of the species and thought to adjust his strategy for a better way to counter it. As the bipedal wolf turned its back on Fenrir to stare down his struggling mother, Jayson called out new orders to the wolf pup.

With the Lycanroc’s back turned to Fenrir, the Rockruff had him right where he wanted him. The imposing Midnight form reared up its fist, ready to smash it down on the struggling Dusk wolf, but Fenrir came in and slammed into Midnight’s leg. The act of Foul Play caused Midnight’s knee to cave and the off balance wolf’s fist swung and missed its target, hitting itself in the side for some excruciating damage. Midnight growled furiously and retaliated, smashing Fenrir back with a Reversal of strength. It wasn’t nearly at full power, but the super effective hit was enough to sting quite a bit.

Getting back to his feet, Fenrir began to glow a golden color as the Power of the Earth began to flow through him. A small fissure cracked across the ground from Fenrir to Midnight, and a wave of golden energy blasted the taller wolf. Midnight was clearly enraged now, at this pup’s feeble attempt to interrupt his coup. The Rockruff’s hits were beginning to add up, and the evolved form was ready to put a stop to it. Fenrir Snarled angrily at Midnight who didn’t seem too bothered about dropping his special fortitude. All he cared about right now was physically bashing the pup’s skull in. The Dusk form growled and barked frantically, fearing for her child’s life, and despite clinging to the side of the cliff for dear life, she struggled to climb back up and prepared to shoot a flurry of rocks in Midnight’s direction.

Midnight smirked menacingly, having for the opportunity he was looking for. He dashed over to the mother at blinding speed and clocked her clean with a Sucker Punch that sent her flying over the edge.
AWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo…

Her howl echoed across the mountainside as it grew fainter until it abruptly stopped. Time seemed frozen as everything went deafly silent. The Midday Lycanrocs all looked around as Midnight turned to face Fenrir with a huge twisted grin on his face. Fenrir simply stared forward at the cliff’s now empty edge where his mother previously was. It was hard to comprehend what was going through his head, but the Rockruff suddenly began howling uncontrollably in return, hoping to hear another response from the bottom of the mountain. The blood red moon continued to beam down on the battlefield, but the light had suddenly grown a bit lighter.

Jayson looked to the east. A faint glimmer of light poked out from the side of Mt. Zephyria, growing brighter and brighter as the sun had faintly began to rise over Fizzytopia. If it weren’t such a tense situation right now, it would have been breathtaking to sit and witness. The duality of the celestial objects danced in the twilight of the sky above, with the moon still present but beginning to fade while the sun emerged in a swash of spectacular colors. The red of the moon swirled with the black and blue of the sky and the yellowish orange of the sun. Midnight suddenly began to feel a bit exhausted as the energy of the night had just barely begun to fade and turned to tower over Fenrir. It was time to end this charade and finish his usurpation.
(Feeding two Rare Candies to Fenrir, boosting him to the all important lvl 25)

Jayson was frozen in disbelief, tears began to trickle down his face as he was forced to endure Fenrir's hopeless cries for his mother. She wasn't coming back, but the Midnight was coming to finish the job. It felt like all hope was lost, but then he looked to the east, morning light was beginning to peak around Mt Zephyria. A mix of colours from the moon, the sky and the rising sun, swirling together. Fenrir fell silent as he was captivated by the light, as he stared into the distance, the sky suddenly flashed green.....

Fenrir let out a tremendous howl, his body began to glow with a green light. His form warped and changed, his body grew larger and longer. As the energy faded, Fenrir let out another tremendous howl, shaking the mountainside. His bright orange fur was reminiscent of his mother's, but the fire in his eyes was 100% Fenrir. Like his mother before him, he had evolved into a Dusk Lycanroc, a rare and powerful variant. With the Midnight incoming, Fenrir prepared to Counter whatever it threw at him. An Accelerock would press his advantage before he'd go for an Iron Tail to finish the job. Jayson remained silent, still shocked at the events unfolding before him. With the sun rising and the blood moon's power fading, he was confident that the newly evolved Fenrir would be able to overcome the Midnight Lycanroc. He'd avenge his mother and dispose of this usurper, make him pay for the death of his beloved mother.

Fenrir evolved into Dusk Lycanroc!

Old 11-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #588
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master- Deciding it was best to avoid alerting the pilot to your presence, you head out to search the rest of the aircraft. George picks up the Minior, who seems happy for the assistance and Andromeda reapplies her camouflage, disappearing in an instant. Heading through the doors, you find yourself in a narrow corridor. You head through in single file, you pass a couple of doors but the Minior seems to be interested with something further down the corridor. Eventually reach you the door at the end of the corridor, you hesitate for a moment before opening it.....

The Minior leaps free of George's grasp as it spots its friends, trapped in a tight containment chamber. The Miniors could barely move and they lacked the same cheeriness they possessed when you first encountered them. Looking around the room, it seems to be a makeshift lab, there was a decent amount of tech, as well as a computer that has been conveniently left on. Perhaps the computer contained the information about what was intended for the Minior. The Meteor Form Minior begins to slam into the containment unit, attempting to free its friends. However it fails to even scratch the surface, perhaps brute force wasn't the answer here. Andromeda takes guard by the door, it was unlikely this room would remain unoccupied for long. The Minior continues to try and break its friends free, eventually cracking a piece from its shell. This is the first opportunity you have to get a glimpse of the Minior's core colour, the stunning indigo glow is quite a sight.
Moving carefully and quietly, Terri, her Pokémon, and the Minior proceeded through the door and down the corridor. There were a number of doors to either side, but Minior, Terri noticed, took no interest in any of them, seeming to instead want them to just keep going ahead. And, well, who was Terri to argue with that? Minior might possibly have sensed something.

Indeed, as they reached the end of the corridor and opened the door they found there, Terri's intuition was proven correct- Minior freed itself from George's grasp, for it saw none other than all its friends. Terri stifled a gasp as she saw just how tightly the Minior were confined in a containment unit.

While Minior made an effort to free its friends, Terri looked around. This seemed to be some kind of laboratory, with all manner of tech, and even a computer that was left on-

The computer. Terri made her way towards the computer. As outdoorsy and adventurous as she was, she was no stranger to computers. The research team at the Ruins of Alph had them all over, and Terri had no small amount of experience watching the scientists work on them, and sometimes she was even allowed to use them herself. It was never her favorite thing to do, but nevertheless, she was confident that if there was any information on this computer that might be of use to her here, then she would be able to find it. She had to find out, once and for all, what these people were planning to do with- or to- the Minior.

Her Pokémon weren't just slacking off, though. George approached the Meteor Form Minior. He'd have marveled a bit at the beautiful indigo glow (indiglow?) coming from the crack in its shell, but now wasn't the time for that. The Malamar gently extended an arm to stop Minior before it found out the hard way that its efforts were doing more damage to itself than to the containment unit, and offered to look over the containment unit, try and figure out a weak point, or a way other than brute force that might work to free the multitudes of Minior. And Andromeda was standing guard, invisible, ever vigilant. She was ready to telepathically alert Terri if anyone appeared to be coming, and was prepared to battle should the need arise- she figured her current invisibility would give her Hydro Pump an additional surprise factor if she saw the need to use it.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #589
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

TheKnightsFury:
From the depths of despair Fenrir could do little other than cry out in anguish. As his mind tried to comprehend what just happened, the Rockruff began to space out a bit, taking in the beautiful horizon as the sun began to rise in the sky. A powerful surge of energy welled up inside of him causing him to glow mysteriously. Fenrir’s canine body grew larger and spikier, taking on a unique form that resembled his mother’s; the elusive Dusk form Lycanroc.

Fenrir let out a ferocious howl that reverberated off the mountainside, catching the attention of all the Lycanroc around them. The Middays had all gathered around Midnight, recognizing him as their new alpha, but now with the emergence of Fenrir, a new suitable candidate had emerged into the fray, and the trial of leadership was open once again. Midnight scowled angrily, furious that it had gotten to this point. Ready to defend its title, Midnight faced Fenrir with the intention to meet the newly evolved Lycanroc with the same fate as his mother.

As Fenrir braced himself for combat, Midnight dashed up to him and jabbed him hard in the gut with a swift Sucker Punch. Fenrir gasped in pain but promptly returned the favor with a sharp Counter attack. The Dusk form then fired off a few razor sharp Accelerocks, catching Midnight off guard before following up with a hard Iron Tail. However, Midnight was more ready for this attack, and matched it with an Iron Head before following with a Rock Tomb to trap Fenrir underneath a pile of rubble. What will he do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-02-2018, 09:38 PM   #590
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:
From the depths of despair Fenrir could do little other than cry out in anguish. As his mind tried to comprehend what just happened, the Rockruff began to space out a bit, taking in the beautiful horizon as the sun began to rise in the sky. A powerful surge of energy welled up inside of him causing him to glow mysteriously. Fenrir’s canine body grew larger and spikier, taking on a unique form that resembled his mother’s; the elusive Dusk form Lycanroc.

Fenrir let out a ferocious howl that reverberated off the mountainside, catching the attention of all the Lycanroc around them. The Middays had all gathered around Midnight, recognizing him as their new alpha, but now with the emergence of Fenrir, a new suitable candidate had emerged into the fray, and the trial of leadership was open once again. Midnight scowled angrily, furious that it had gotten to this point. Ready to defend its title, Midnight faced Fenrir with the intention to meet the newly evolved Lycanroc with the same fate as his mother.

As Fenrir braced himself for combat, Midnight dashed up to him and jabbed him hard in the gut with a swift Sucker Punch. Fenrir gasped in pain but promptly returned the favor with a sharp Counter attack. The Dusk form then fired off a few razor sharp Accelerocks, catching Midnight off guard before following up with a hard Iron Tail. However, Midnight was more ready for this attack, and matched it with an Iron Head before following with a Rock Tomb to trap Fenrir underneath a pile of rubble. What will he do?
This fight was far from over. While Fenrir was certainly more of a match for the Midnight Lycanroc now, it was far from an uneven fight. The Midnight was still backed by the power of the Blood Moon. The two exchanged blows, neither refused to give ground. Jayson snapped out of his stunned state, Fenrir still needed his support, perhaps now more than ever. The Dusk Lycanroc was trapped within a Rock Tomb, but he wasn't about to let a few rocks get between him and revenge.

"Fenrir you can do this!" Jayson cheered, spurring his newly evolved Pokemon on. "Just send the rocks back at him with a Stone Edge!" Fenrir barked in reply, it was a great idea. He'd follow up with a Stomping Tantrum before going in for the finishing blow, he'd sink his Thunder Fangs right into the Midnight's throat.

Jayson could feel the Honedge on his back becoming uneasy. It didn't enjoy being left out of the conflict, Jayson was unsure how much longer he could keep it at bay. "Just a little longer Honedge", Jayson whispered. The sun would be up soon and the Midnight's advantage would dissipate. Without the power of the blood moon backing it, the Midnight would be no match for Fenrir, especially now that he had evolved. Jayson couldn't help but wonder though, what happens when Fenrir wins? Would he have to leave the Lycanroc here to lead the pack? He'd only just bonded with the Rock type, leaving it so soon would be heartbreaking. In the end he would have to do what was right, he just hoped it didn't have to come to that.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #591
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

TheKnightsFury:
Jayson could see that the Midnight Lycanroc was beginning to get desperate from its manner of attacking. Its advantage from the blood red moon was dwindling with every passing second, and it was eager to finish off the newly empowered Fenrir. Looking to capitalize on this, Jayson called out a strategy for his Pokemon to go for the finishing blow. Only time would tell if this plan would be a successful gamble.

Buried beneath the tomb of rocks, Fenrir began to channel the power of the earth within himself. Using what was readily at his disposal, the Dusk Lycanroc fired the boulders back at Midnight for a powerful Stone Edge. However, Midnight was anticipating this, promptly slamming into the now uncovered Dusk form with a crushing Counter attack. As he gasped for air, Fenrir began to throw a Stomping Tantrum although it didn’t live up to its full potential due to Stone Edge’s successful nature. The earthshaking attack hurt Midnight quite a bit anyway, but wasn’t enough to finish the job as it charged up to Fenrir and smacked him with a devastating Reversal, significantly stronger this time than it was before.

By now, the moon had really begun to fade into the ever-brightening sky, and the red coloration had almost all but vanished. Midnight was grasping at straws at this point, looking to the other Lycanroc to call for them to his aid. However, as his focus shifted off of Fenrir for a moment, the Dusk form seized the opportunity to sink his Thunderous Fangs into the Midnight’s neck. Midnight gasped for air, growling and barking hoarsely at the other Lycanroc to help him. The pack of Middays slowly encircled the two other wolves, looking ready to pounce. Fenrir started to brace himself, fearing the worst. Like a school of piranhas, they sensed weakness. There was blood in the water and they began to strike, taking small nips at Midnight at first before intensifying their assault in a flurry of claws and fangs.

Midnight couldn’t believe it, but all he could do was fend for his life. He had lost the right to be ruler in the eyes of the other wolves and darted away into the forest with his tail between his legs. A few other Middays followed in pursuit while the remainder stayed behind at Fenrir’s side. Some of these canines were actually his brothers and sisters, and it was like a bittersweet family reunion because of the cost it came at. Fenrir howled loudly into the morning air and was followed suit by the other Middays. Jayson was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief until he was shocked to hear another faint howl coming from up the cliff side.

“Looks like things are just about wrapped up here, aren’t they?” Jayson looked over to see Madoka slowly floating up onto the landing on the back of her Lunatone. The crescent moon’s eye was glowing bright as it seemed to be telekinetically hauling a cargo of none other than the Dusk Lycanroc from before. She was battered and bruised, but conscious enough to struggle to her feet upon landing. Fenrir and the other Lycanroc immediately went to her side, greeting her with joyous licks and nuzzles.

“You guys caused quite the commotion up here,” Madoka said, looking around. “But fortunately it was able to alert us just in time to break this one’s fall at the bottom. Tsuki was able to resuscitate her with a Pain Split just in the nick of time. I don’t think Lulu and Lala would have forgiven me if I let anything happen to their sister.” On cue, the shrine maiden’s own Midday and Midnight Lycanrocs emerged up from the steep hiking trail and made their way over to Dusk’s side. For now, all’s well that ends well. For his effort, Fenrir has increased by 5 levels! It was now up to Jayson to decide how to proceed from here.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-05-2018, 03:10 AM   #592
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Biggggg5- A new task required new Pokemon and you quickly release a pair from their Pokeballs. Mysteria the Sableye and Wake the Marill seem pleased to be on the job, the ghost was grinning somewhat maliciously while the blue rodent seems rather curious about his surroundings. With Isaac dashing off, you decide the first thing you should do is locate the river, but for that you would need to get your bearings. At your direction, Mysteria scuttles along the ground and quickly scales the tallest berry tree she can find. The Sableye has no issues climbing, her sharp claws were designed for climbing around caves, a much harder task than scaling a tree. It was mid-afternoon by now, making it easy for the ghost type to determine which way was west. Determining which way was south was a bit harder but eventually, she returns to the ground, pointing a clawed hand in one direction. Trusting your Pokemon, you head off in the direction Mysteria had decided is southwest.

You've walked for almost half an hour when the doubt starts to build up. Had Mysteria gotten it wrong? Had she sent you northwest instead of southwest? Your doubts are suddenly washed away as Wake bursts ahead, it seems he senses something! As you chase him through a thicket of bushes you quickly have to slam on the brakes, else you end up joining the Marill in the river.

The Starline River, you'd found it! Wake floated around in the crystal clear water, the current was gentle, just how the Marill liked it. Mysteria eyed off the water, she wouldn't be joining the blue mouse in the water. Now you had found the river, you just had to locate the cave where the Simipour were said to dwell. Looking around there was no sign of the any caves. The bank on this part of the river was quite low, however looking across the water, you notice the other bank is quite steep. If there was going to be a cave in the bank, it would likely be somewhere on the other side of the river....
Big watches as Mysteria makes her way up the tree and turns his attention to the Marill. "So Wake. Are you enjoying your place on the team?" Big asks when they hear a gagging sound from up on the tree. "Seriously, this sentimentality is disgusting." Mysteria comments from her place up on the peanut gallery as she climbs. Big rolls his eyes and proceeds to ignore her waiting for Wake's answer. The small water pokemon shrugs a bit and gives a slight nod and then throws a few shadow boxes. "You wanna battle, I get it." Big nods appreciatively. He is a little fascinated by the change in personality in the pokemon. When he had first met him as an Azurill he was so timid he wouldn't even get in the water he was native to, but after evolving he would even stand up against Vegeta when the grass pokemon would try to bully him. Big had a feeling this was related to some past trauma, as Wake had shown signs that he actually came from deeper underwater, so he should have been way more familiar than even a typical one of his species. But with no way to converse just yet he only had guesses to make. Mysteria suddenly lands in between the two, having jumped from her position on the tree. "Southwest is that way, I think I could see a bit of the river too." Big nods, a little wary of the ghost pokemon. She had been on the team even longer than Wake but her past and what she had done to that Gigalith had most of the team keep her at arm's length. She was a piece of work but Big had faith they could work out the differences. As long as she didn't get too much in trouble before they reached that point. The trio then starts in the direction Mysteria pointed out.

After walking for a while Big starts think Mysteria was pulling another one of her pranks when Wake suddenly senses water ahead and rushes forward. "Wake where are you going?" Big calls and rushes after him and they both end up in the river. "Oh." Big says. Mysteria snickers at her trainer. "No caves around here it seems." Big looks around lets try the other side." He recalls Mysteria, thanking Arceus that pokeballs are water proof. "Ok Wake. Let's try a Surf to get us both over to the other side." He asks his water pokemon. He couldn't ride the smaller water pokemon, but Wake should be able to pull him to the other side with the power of the TM.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:06 AM   #593
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:
Jayson could see that the Midnight Lycanroc was beginning to get desperate from its manner of attacking. Its advantage from the blood red moon was dwindling with every passing second, and it was eager to finish off the newly empowered Fenrir. Looking to capitalize on this, Jayson called out a strategy for his Pokemon to go for the finishing blow. Only time would tell if this plan would be a successful gamble.

Buried beneath the tomb of rocks, Fenrir began to channel the power of the earth within himself. Using what was readily at his disposal, the Dusk Lycanroc fired the boulders back at Midnight for a powerful Stone Edge. However, Midnight was anticipating this, promptly slamming into the now uncovered Dusk form with a crushing Counter attack. As he gasped for air, Fenrir began to throw a Stomping Tantrum although it didn’t live up to its full potential due to Stone Edge’s successful nature. The earthshaking attack hurt Midnight quite a bit anyway, but wasn’t enough to finish the job as it charged up to Fenrir and smacked him with a devastating Reversal, significantly stronger this time than it was before.

By now, the moon had really begun to fade into the ever-brightening sky, and the red coloration had almost all but vanished. Midnight was grasping at straws at this point, looking to the other Lycanroc to call for them to his aid. However, as his focus shifted off of Fenrir for a moment, the Dusk form seized the opportunity to sink his Thunderous Fangs into the Midnight’s neck. Midnight gasped for air, growling and barking hoarsely at the other Lycanroc to help him. The pack of Middays slowly encircled the two other wolves, looking ready to pounce. Fenrir started to brace himself, fearing the worst. Like a school of piranhas, they sensed weakness. There was blood in the water and they began to strike, taking small nips at Midnight at first before intensifying their assault in a flurry of claws and fangs.

Midnight couldn’t believe it, but all he could do was fend for his life. He had lost the right to be ruler in the eyes of the other wolves and darted away into the forest with his tail between his legs. A few other Middays followed in pursuit while the remainder stayed behind at Fenrir’s side. Some of these canines were actually his brothers and sisters, and it was like a bittersweet family reunion because of the cost it came at. Fenrir howled loudly into the morning air and was followed suit by the other Middays. Jayson was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief until he was shocked to hear another faint howl coming from up the cliff side.

“Looks like things are just about wrapped up here, aren’t they?” Jayson looked over to see Madoka slowly floating up onto the landing on the back of her Lunatone. The crescent moon’s eye was glowing bright as it seemed to be telekinetically hauling a cargo of none other than the Dusk Lycanroc from before. She was battered and bruised, but conscious enough to struggle to her feet upon landing. Fenrir and the other Lycanroc immediately went to her side, greeting her with joyous licks and nuzzles.

“You guys caused quite the commotion up here,” Madoka said, looking around. “But fortunately it was able to alert us just in time to break this one’s fall at the bottom. Tsuki was able to resuscitate her with a Pain Split just in the nick of time. I don’t think Lulu and Lala would have forgiven me if I let anything happen to their sister.” On cue, the shrine maiden’s own Midday and Midnight Lycanrocs emerged up from the steep hiking trail and made their way over to Dusk’s side. For now, all’s well that ends well. For his effort, Fenrir has increased by 5 levels! It was now up to Jayson to decide how to proceed from here.
As everything came to a close, Jayson was relieved to see Madoka float up onto the summit, her Lunatone carrying the still live body of Fenrir's mother. Turns out the Dusk Lycanroc was the sister of Madoka's two Lycanroc. After giving Fenrir plenty of time to check on his mother and bid farewell to the pack, Jayson thought it was best that they head off. He'd return to the Cloud Garden soon enough, but it was time to get back to the fort and check up on everyone.

"Farewell Madoka, I trust that you will see that Fenrir's mother is well cared for. I hope our paths cross again in the future." With that, Jayson was off, a long flight home would give him plenty of time to decide where to head next.

A few months had passed since he last entered the Cloud Garden, a lot had happened since then. His team was ever changing, ever growing. It was time for him to head up to the next level of the Cloud Garden, but to do so he would have to scale the waterfall. He'd hiked up to the Starline Waterfall an now stood staring into the crystal clear water. He looked around, where was she? He knew Marina often hung out down here, keeping an eye out for new trainers wishing to ascend to the next level of the Cloud Garden. Ryujin was looking around anxiously as well. He didn't enjoy waiting around, he was a Pokemon of action. Jayson knew that he would need a Pokemon to learn the Hidden Move Waterfall in order to scale the powerful Starline Falls. Ryujin would be perfect for the job, his burning desire for strength would drive them straight up the waterfall!

"So this is the Cloud Garden from father's stories?" Triton observed his surroundings. As a child he had always wanted to come here, the way his father described it had created a vivid picture in his mind. The real thing was even more beautiful, perhaps due to stimulus of his senses. The distant chirps and cries of Pokemon, the smell of a myriad of flowers, the crunching of soft grass beneath his feet. It was easy to forget the troubles that plagued him and his family, but he couldn't afford to forget. His father had sent them out to grow stronger, they weren't strong enough yet. The father he returned to wasn't the same, but Triton didn't blame him, who wouldn't be changed after going through something so terrible.

"I tell you what Oceanus, I could really use a swim!" Triton looked to the Prinplup waddling alongside him. The Water type let out a long groan, "Pluuuuuuuuuuup". Triton took it as a yes. They'd been following the Starline River towards the falls, but Triton saw no harm in swimming the rest of the way. "Tell you what Oceanus, how about a race?" The Prinplup dove immediately into the water, he'd played this game before. Triton dives in, pursuing the Prinplup upstream. He had no chance of catching the Pokemon, but Oceanus didn't know that and the Prinplup needed a good workout.

Oceanus was waiting for him as finally swam into the lake at the base of the falls. There were plenty of people around, picnicking on the lakeside and swimming in the water. Triton looked towards the falls, "looks like the only way is up Oceanus." The Prinplup swam over to him, coming to a stop just in front of his trainer. "Care to Waterfall the both of us up there? We might even find one of those Trial Captain's dad was always talking about."

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 12-28-2018 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #594
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Raves:

The kids look at one another with visible excitement when you propose a battle, but soon that excitement escalates into a childish argument of who should have, in their own words, “dibs”. It seems they can’t reach an agreement, each of them wanting to show off their “sick moves”, and at this pace they’ll never settle on anything. You’re just about to consider the possibility of facing all of them, if it got them to shut up, when an adult male’s voice is heard in the distance.

“Geez, there you guys are! I swear, I leave you alone for five minutes and you’re off to… oh, hello there.”

A man in his early forties appears from behind some foliage, impeccably dressed in Ranger gear with all the bells and whistles you would expect from one: massive backpack, check; Escape Rope tied to the belt, check; flashlight pinned to the jacket’s pocket, check. He seems friendly enough, waving at you as he sees you’ve taken care of the kids in his absence, though an actual smile is hard to make out beneath his thick red beard. You assume the mouth is somewhere in there, at least.

“Sorry if they caused you any trouble,” the Ranger continues apologetically as he walks over to you with an outstretched palm looking for a handshake. “This is my PokéScout class; I went to gather some wood to show them how to make a campfire, and apparently they all decided it was a great idea to run away. Name’s Linus, what’s yours?”

It was then that the girl with the Pignite let out an excited scream and began pointing at the two of you.

“Why don’t you two battle one another? Ranger Linus, you always say PokéScouts have to know how to fend for themselves, right?!”

“Yeah Mr. Linus, you do it! It’s gunna be awesome!”

Soon, every kid around you is shouting words of encouragement, eager to watch a proper battle between two adults. Linus, however, looks completely puzzled.

“Wait, where did this come from? A battle? Did you?...” Suddenly, he seems to put two and two together. “Were you challenging these kids to a fight?”

It seems the Ranger can’t quite come to terms with what to think of you: the man who kept his Scouts safe in his absence, or the man who was trying to pick a fight with a bunch of twelve-year-olds.

“… Eh, what the heck, why not; been a while since I had a tussle with anyone other than some wild Ursaring. Let’s just… try not to burn anything,” he says, tossing a glare at the Pignite Trainer who blushes. “Pick your poison, man.”

King Ghidorah:

After a long while has passed, you begin to feel concerned for Hochkrow. She should’ve been back by now… Overwhelmed by a sense of dread, you start running deeper into the forest, hoping to catch some trace of your partner. Bewildered, Throh and Jonah give chase, trying their hardest to catch up to you.

Nothing seems to happen for a while; everything is dead silent, and the further in you go the darker the forest becomes, which only serves to unsettle you even more. After a while, however… you feel something very light brush through your shoulder. You stop abruptly and stare at the ground. A feather?!

Your heart skips a bit, immediately assuming the worst. However, once you manage to steel your nerves, you realize this feather could not possibly belong to a Honchkrow. It’s red, yellow and blue… Suddenly, the rustling of leaves overhead begins again, as the wind picks up. Soon, countless feathers begin to rain down upon you, some entirely blue, some completely white, and a few more like the colourful one you just saw. Moments later, a figure dives down from the foliage above, startling you… until it lands at your feet and you realize it’s your precious Honchkrow!

Mercifully she seems unharmed, but she bears a deeply unsettled look on her face. In her beak, she carries some more colourful feathers, and points to the trees above with her beak, trying to tell you that something up there is very wrong.

“What… what’s going on? Honchkrow, did you find those rare birds for my sister?...” Jonah’s voice fades progressively as he completes the question, he too sensing that the answer is probably something he doesn’t want to hear.

Do you want to look deeper into this, or just tell Jonah to give up his pursuit? And even if you wanted to pursue this situation further, do you have any means of investigating the treetops yourself?
Old 11-08-2018, 08:23 PM   #595
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post

King Ghidorah:

After a long while has passed, you begin to feel concerned for Hochkrow. She should’ve been back by now… Overwhelmed by a sense of dread, you start running deeper into the forest, hoping to catch some trace of your partner. Bewildered, Throh and Jonah give chase, trying their hardest to catch up to you.

Nothing seems to happen for a while; everything is dead silent, and the further in you go the darker the forest becomes, which only serves to unsettle you even more. After a while, however… you feel something very light brush through your shoulder. You stop abruptly and stare at the ground. A feather?!

Your heart skips a bit, immediately assuming the worst. However, once you manage to steel your nerves, you realize this feather could not possibly belong to a Honchkrow. It’s red, yellow and blue… Suddenly, the rustling of leaves overhead begins again, as the wind picks up. Soon, countless feathers begin to rain down upon you, some entirely blue, some completely white, and a few more like the colourful one you just saw. Moments later, a figure dives down from the foliage above, startling you… until it lands at your feet and you realize it’s your precious Honchkrow!

Mercifully she seems unharmed, but she bears a deeply unsettled look on her face. In her beak, she carries some more colourful feathers, and points to the trees above with her beak, trying to tell you that something up there is very wrong.

“What… what’s going on? Honchkrow, did you find those rare birds for my sister?...” Jonah’s voice fades progressively as he completes the question, he too sensing that the answer is probably something he doesn’t want to hear.

Do you want to look deeper into this, or just tell Jonah to give up his pursuit? And even if you wanted to pursue this situation further, do you have any means of investigating the treetops yourself?
Hugo was relieved, to say the least, that his precious Honchkrow returned to him unharmed. The shower of colorful feathers would have made for a pleasant, almost joyous scene, if not for Honchkrow’s look of concern. She’s something. Something bad.

“So, uh…there’s a problem, isn’t there? What did you see up there?” he asked. Honchkrow responded flapping and squawking in a wild, frantic matter. For as talented as she was, she certainly was not very good at charades. Then again, she was a bird, after all. But aren’t they supposed to be good at mimicking?

Anyway, Hugo knew she was saying he need to do something, but how exactly was she expecting him to get up there? Climbing would take forever. She couldn’t carry him herself. Venomoth? No. Scizor? Not possible. Those were his only flying options. If only there was a way to catapult himself up there. If only there was a to…throw himself.

“Okay,” Hugo announced, feeling that it was better to say it and get it over with before he backed out. “These trees are high. I can’t fly, obviously. You can’t carry me. And climbing is time consuming. Honchkrow, I want you to fly back up to where you saw what you saw and signal us so we can find you.”

He turned to Throh.

“Throh, I’m going to ask you to do something that you’re probably not going to want to do.”

The Judo Pokemon eyed his trainer suspiciously.

“Once Honchkrow let’s us know where she is, I want you to use Circle Throw…on me. Throw me into the treetops where Honchkrow is. Got it?”

Throh, Honchkrow, and Jonah all recoil in surprise.

“Come on, it’ll be alright. Yeah? Right? Right. Don’t worry. I’m not worried. Don’t worry.”

Real convincing.

“Alright, let’s do this. Honchkrow, take off.”
Old 11-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #596
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

King Ghidorah:

Jonah looks at you, completely incredulous.

"Dude, you're so freaking cool! Kinda dumb too since you can die n' all, but so cool! But... how am I gonna know if you find anything up there? I kinda... don't wanna stay all alone down here. Think I can stick with your Throh for now?"

The question is valid; Jonah's a small boy after all, being alone in the woods is a scary prospect. When you decide what to tell the kid, Throh steps forward, apparently having made peace with what he's about to do per your instructions. At least, you hope he feels conflicted, instead of secretly being really excited to toss you around a bit.

*Throh gained 2 Levels!*

Honchkrow takes flight, disappearing behind the foliage once more, and Throh grabs you by the waist and starts spinning in place, gaining more and more speed as he goes. You don't know if you're about to throw up, pass out, or both (which would be pretty messy), but fortunately Throh is strong enough to toss you after only a few spins. It's possibly one of the most simultaneously exhilarating and terrifying experiences of your life as you fly upwards like a cannonball and the highest branches of the trees come into view. Those are some very thick branches.

It's practically a miracle that you manage to avoid crushing your skull against any of the multiple obstacle on your way through the foliage, but somehow, you make it. Your hands wrap around a branch just overhead, halting your momentum and allowing you to climb up for a better view of your surroundings (praying all the while that nothing breaks beneath your weight, sending you plummeting all the way back down).

Honchkrow is nearby, you can tell, but you don't need her to point you in the right direction. Your eyes quickly spot several large nests built from twigs scattered across the treetops... but all of them are empty, surrounded by feathers. The leaves surrounding the nests are tinted red.

If you want to take a better look around and inspect the nests or the foliage around you, the branches you're standing on should prove sturdy enough for now for you to traverse, albeit carefully. On the other hand, is staying up here safe? Should you risk it? Considering what apparently happened to the nests' inhabitants, this might not be the safest part of the forest to linger in...
Old 11-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #597
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- Sitting down at the computer, you quickly begin to search through the files, keeping an eye out for anything related to the Minior. George grabs hold of the Minior before it can do any real harm to itself. The Meteor form Minior was slowly chipping away at its hard shell, its Core form was starting to be unleashed. Andromeda continued to make excellent use of her camouflage, guarding the doorway should anyone come to stop you and your team. Still sifting through the files, you find one with a particularly intriguing name.

Step 4- Monitor and Retrieve

Monitor and Retrieve? Like retrieve the Minior? It was certainly worth a look. You open the file to find a bunch of coordinates as well as what appears to be a population count. Further down the page you find a final population count, alongside a set of coordinates and a date, today's date! Had they been monitoring the Minior and waiting for them to fall to earth? It still didn't tell you anything about what they intend to do with them. You keep looking, hoping to perhaps find Step 5. Eventually you track it down.

Step 5- Light It Up

Before you can open the file however, you are alerted by the familiar sound of Andromeda's Hydro Pump. A shout rings out from the hallway and it is soon joined by the rushing of feet and then a shrill alarm. George gives you a look, he can find no weakness in the containment unit. With your cover blown and the intended use for the Minior still a mystery, what would you do now?

Biggggg5- Recalling Mysteria, you jump into the water alongside Wake, the Marill seems to delighted to have you in the water beside it. Grasping the Marill's round body, you instruct Wake to Surf the pair of you across to the other side of the river. The Marill surges forward, cutting through the slow moving water almost effortlessly. It takes less than a minute for you to reach the far bank, you put your feet down and wade out of the river, doing your best to shake yourself dry. It was now time to search.

You trudge up river, your boots still soaked, however the sun was starting to dry out your clothes. The river bank was fairly consistent, it was steeper on this side but pretty much devoid of any notable features. As you round a bend in the river, you spot it, a fairly large hole in the river bank, just above the water level. Wake shoots ahead, dashing past of pair of large boulders to stand in the entrance of the tunnel. As you head in to stand beside Wake, the first thing you notice is that the tunnel seems to be plugged up with boulders. Wake looks at you with concern, these boulders didn't look like they were meant to be here. The Marill jumps up onto one of the rocks, his ears twitching. He calls out to you, it appears he can hear something on the other side!

Old 11-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #598
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
CLOUD GARDEN

There it stands, deep in the heart of Fizzy Bubbles. The majestic Mt. Zephyria reaches up into the heavens, peaking at a total of 12,000 feet. Lush forests and winding creeks line the veins of the mountain all the way up to a magnificent crown of clouds. In ancient times, it was referred to as “The Palace of the Gods” due to the belief that eternal wreath of clouds housed a deity at its summit. These tribes that settled on the foothills of Mt. Zephyria were rich in tradition and culture, as they lived with reverence to the nature that surrounded them in order to appease the gods above. Nowadays this region is known as the Cloud Garden; an ecosystem that is equally beautiful and unforgiving.

With the civilizations of antiquity long gone but not forgotten, a new age of modernity has settled. At the foot of the mountain, a small village marks the entrance to the Cloud Garden. Galea Town is positioned right on the great Fizzy Lake with a small harbor where adventurers and tourists may enter. The people in this village have a culture that is a fusion of both modern technology and ancient tradition. It is supplied by the Starline River which feeds into Fizzy Lake from the Starline Falls further up the mountain. The majority of the villagers live in Galea Town, but several ranger cabins and shrines are scattered up the mountainside.

Atop the summit of the Cloud Garden rests the great Cloud Colosseum; an ancient shrine that has been transformed into an arena for elite trainers who have earned the right of entry. Tournaments are held regularly, where the people of the village dedicate their battles to the gods of old. There are three tiers of areas in which travelers are permitted to visit in the Cloud Garden. In order to gain entry to the next tier up, one must have Pokemon well-equipped to handle the rough terrain.

The Galea Foothills:
The Galea Foothills covers the greatest expanse of land in the Cloud Garden. Beginning with Galea Town, adventurers may follow along the Starline River up across the plains and into the mountain. Other areas include the Starline River, the Rose Garden, Galea Plains, Cloud Forest, and the Stone Shrine. The boundary of the foothills lies at the Starline Falls, a giant waterfall that cascades down from the incline above.

[indent]Starline River: A calm river that flows down from the mountain and passes by the village on its way to the lake. The water is crystal clear in the shallower areas, darker in the deeper center. The river makes a great place for picnics and for those who enjoy fishing. (Please reply in skyblue)

"Ah what a wonderful day for fishing," Drake reached up to the sky and stretched out his back and arms, Yawning while he did so.

Drake had gotten up really early to hike out here to Starline river, wanting to enjoy a picnic with all his pokemon. He figured that while his pokemon played and explored a little, he could fish. Drake started to lay out the picnic blanket the basket sitting on top of it, while he pulled his fishing rod out from his pack.

Then Drake reached for the pokeballs on his belt, pulling off all of them, and tossing them in the air.
" Wolfie, Luna, Queenie, Voltsy, Oisin, Delia! Come on out!"

Wolfe the Growlithe, landed first, stretching and yawning much as Drake did.
Drake's Starter, Wolfie was Drakes first pokemon he had ever owned, and the two had a lot of adventures before they had come to Fizzytopia. Wolfie has a darker cinnamon fur where the orangey red would be, and lighter grey stripes in place of the black. He also has a green stripe above his left eye. His fur coloring makes his fur look sable colored in Drakes' eyes.

Luna the Lunatone floated down softly, its green eyes and star markings looked lighter in this early morning sun.
Queenie was next, the Vespiquen had no recolor markings yet, because she and Drake hadn't decided on what to have her look like, and it appeared to be the same with the next three pokemon.
Voltsy, after coming out of his Pokeball, started bouncing ( albeit in a weird floating way ) out of excitement. Oisin the Deerling was currently in his summer coat, looked around with a hint of sadness in his eyes, but he tried to hide it and be happy. The clearing by the river reminded him of his former trainer and his mate before she had traded him away to Drake, his new trainer. Drake treated him wonderfully, but Oisin was still a bit sad.

Finally, there was Delia. This Delibird looked way out of place here by the river, but so far she didn't show it. Delia is new to Drake's team of pokemon, having been only recently traded to him.
She doesn't know much about Drake, and in turn, he doesn't know much about her yet, but it is a work in progress.

" Okay guys, you go and play around for a bit, I will call you back when its time for lunch okay?"

All six of his pokemon nodded and dashed away, well, not all of them. Delia hadn't dashed away. Instead, she looked around nervously and looked back up at Drake. While she didn't know her trainer too well yet, she was more comfortable with him than his other pokemon.
"Oh, Delia. You don't want to play yet? Asked Drake as he dropped into a crouch to be eye level ( somewhat ) with her " You can come over with me and fish if you want, I know you like Salmon,"
He took her by her wing, and the walked and waddled over to the river edge. From there Drake casts his line and he sits down, to wait.

Ah... what a nice day.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 11-11-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #599
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Prof Enigma:

You're looking to enjoy a nice, peaceful fishing day by the shore of Starline River. Your teammates, all with the exception of Delia, have scattered off to explore the nearby forest, leaving you tasked with finding lunch.

However, things don't exactly go according to plan...

No matter how much you wait, nothing seems to bite, not even a nibble. The line stands perfectly motionless, for what feels like hours. You've always been told that fishing is a game of patience, but even yours starts to run thin after such a long period of absolutely nothing happening. It wouldn't be so bad if you were doing it just for sport, but you did promise your team you'd call them once lunch was ready. In fact, you particularly promised Delia some salmon, now that you think about it. All things considered, you're in a bit of a pickle. Wasn't this river supposed to be ideal for fishing? What are you doing wrong?...

"Ah, poor lad... seems nobody told ya, eh?"

The voice of an elderly man speaks up from behind you. You turn to see a man in his seventies, practically bald, dressed in a frankly hideous red flannel shirt and brown pants, with several different hooks and sinkers lined around his waist where a Trainer would usually keep his PokéBalls. The elder is clearly a fisherman, but you notice he isn't carrying a rod.

"Fish stopped bitin' 'ere months ago. That's why there ain't nobody else 'round doin' the same as you," he continues, sitting next to you uninvited. "Ain't no premium bait gonna fix that either, I'm 'fraid. There's somethin' wrong with the water."

Expecting your puzzled expression, the man reaches forward, cupping his hands, and retrieves some water from the river. When he pours the water on your own hand, you see what he means - it's hot.

"No fish wanna swim 'round these parts no more. Somethin's makin' the water too warm for 'em. Hope you weren't countin' on this haul for lunch."

Well, seems you're not getting any fishing done today. Do you want to go find food somewhere else in Cloud Garden, or this worth looking into a bit further?
Old 11-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #600
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Prof Enigma:

You're looking to enjoy a nice, peaceful fishing day by the shore of Starline River. Your teammates, all with the exception of Delia, have scattered off to explore the nearby forest, leaving you tasked with finding lunch.

However, things don't exactly go according to plan...

No matter how much you wait, nothing seems to bite, not even a nibble. The line stands perfectly motionless, for what feels like hours. You've always been told that fishing is a game of patience, but even yours starts to run thin after such a long period of absolutely nothing happening. It wouldn't be so bad if you were doing it just for sport, but you did promise your team you'd call them once lunch was ready. In fact, you particularly promised Delia some salmon, now that you think about it. All things considered, you're in a bit of a pickle. Wasn't this river supposed to be ideal for fishing? What are you doing wrong?...

"Ah, poor lad... seems nobody told ya, eh?"

The voice of an elderly man speaks up from behind you. You turn to see a man in his seventies, practically bald, dressed in a frankly hideous red flannel shirt and brown pants, with several different hooks and sinkers lined around his waist where a Trainer would usually keep his PokéBalls. The elder is clearly a fisherman, but you notice he isn't carrying a rod.

"Fish stopped bitin' 'ere months ago. That's why there ain't nobody else 'round doin' the same as you," he continues, sitting next to you uninvited. "Ain't no premium bait gonna fix that either, I'm 'fraid. There's somethin' wrong with the water."

Expecting your puzzled expression, the man reaches forward, cupping his hands, and retrieves some water from the river. When he pours the water on your own hand, you see what he means - it's hot.

"No fish wanna swim 'round these parts no more. Somethin's makin' the water too warm for 'em. Hope you weren't countin' on this haul for lunch."

Well, seems you're not getting any fishing done today. Do you want to go find food somewhere else in Cloud Garden, or this worth looking into a bit further?

"Well, I am glad I always bring back up lunches for if any of my pokemon are still hungry.... but yeah, I am glad I wasn't fishing for the whole meal,
Drake turns to the old man again " Do you want to join us for lunch, it only seems fair, I brought another sandwich."
Drake nods over his shoulder to the picnic basket, and with his mind, he reached out and lightly contacted all of his wondering pokemon to tell them it is lunch time.

Delia, who, when the old man popped up, had hidden behind him. Turning slightly Drake picked up his delibird in his arms and got up, carrying her over to the picnic blanket, then he came back over to offer his hand to help the old man up.
" I think I want to investigate the river farther upstream after we are done with lunch, would you care to join us on that too?" Drake asked as he held out his hand.

Meanwhile, all of Drakes pokemon trickled back from where-ever they had wondered off to while He was fishing. Queenie smelled oddly of more honey... but Drake was used to this, so he ignored the sweet smell.
All of his pokemon gathered around the picnic basket, though, Wolfie was curiously watching Drake and the old fisherman he was with.

Delia, slid over behind Wolfie because out of all of the pokemon Drake owned, she was okay with Wolfie somewhat, more because he smelled like Drake.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records