UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #51
Snorby
Snackin'

The two stare each other down, giving weak, breathy battle calls. One way or another, this battle ends right here, right now. Warrior pants lightly, his natural resistance to tiring stopping himself from being too exhausted. Meanwhile, Nico, who by rights should be rather peppy, is panting rather heavily after that incredibly exerting Thunder attack last round. After another moment of staredown...
Spoiler: show
Warrior finds it in himself to spring into action, fist glowing with fighting energy. Before Nico can react, Warrior has planned his fist between Nico's eyes. The Luxray's pained shrieks are drowned out by the ensuing explosion, and both are thrown backward. Warrior lands neatly on his feet, ready for more, while Nico, shaky and furious, scrambles to his feet and begins to glow yellow with electric energy. Stamping his foot on the ground with a mighty roar, he lances a powerful bolt of electric energy toward Warrior, who takes the attack full force with a bloodcurdling wail of pain. Warrior falls to one knee, and Nico looks shaky on his feet. The two are hanging on by threads, and it's still anyone's game, even during the last moments of the matchup...

Spoiler: show
After an instant that seems like an eternity, Warrior's eyes begin to glow a faint blue in color. A thin, blue stream of energy shoots out from Warrior, just as Nico begins to create stars of energy for Swift. The energy, reaching Nico before he can fire his attack, appears to enter his mind through his eyes, which now glow an eerie blue similar to Warrior's. Nothing happens. After a moment, however, the stars surrounding Nico dissipate into shimmering golden energy, and Nico's expression dulls. He slumps forward, the mental assault having been too much for him, as the blue hue fades from Warrior's triumphant eyes.

Nico is unable to battle! Next Pokemon and orders from Luka!

Warrior is in desperate need of a break and so weak that a stiff wind would end the next matchup.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 01:07 AM   #52
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

"Nico, return! You did splendidly, thank you!

Ryder, let's go!
Hit him with an Aqua Jet. If he's still up, finish him with a Sonic Boom."

--
--
PASBL - TL3 | Wild Future - Thea Reding
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Lucario188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #53
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Good job Warrior.

Protect yourself and attempt to fake out the Boom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 PM   #54
Snorby
Snackin'

Nico is recalled by his trainer, who congratulates him on a job well done. The trainer, looking determined to turn the match around, tosses a Poke Ball onto the field. Out of it pops Ryder, a peppy looking Floatzel. Warrior looks on the brink of unconsciousness and can only stand idly by as this new challenger summons a torrent of water and rushes forward, slamming into the Medicham and putting him out of the match for good. Ryder grins confidently, ready for his next opponent, as Warrior crumples onto the ground, having been too tired to get up his protective barrier in time.

Warrior is unable to battle! Josh, your next Pokemon and orders!

Ryder used like, no energy at all and is still untouched.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:25 AM   #55
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Amélie, take centre stage.

Blow that Floatzel a Sweet Kiss, then spray a Toxic while he struggles with that.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 10-08-2015, 01:49 AM   #56
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

I'm sorry for not posting in so long. Thank you for waiting for me~

"Ryder, use Quick Attack to dodge the Sweet Kiss and attack, then Baton Pass to Sedge."

--
--
Quote:
Old 10-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #57
Snorby
Snackin'

Sorry for the wait ^^;

Now that Warrior has been recalled, Josh unleashes his next champion- a Nidorina by the name of Amelie (no I'm not using an accented e it makes my life more difficult :p). She kicks off the round by blowing a confuzzling kiss toward her Floatzel adversary. Ryder wants no part of it, and dashes around the projectile, hitting Amelie for a tiny bit of damage. Amelie retaliates by jabbing her horn into Ryder's stomach, knocking him back and injecting some venom in him while she's at it. It would appear he's been poisoned. He wants no part of this, and decides to pass the glowing white Baton he has formed straight to Sedge the Marshtomp. Ryder out, Sedge in. Fun stuff, unless you're Amelie, who gulps in fear of the disadvantageous battle to come.

Ryder took no damage but was toxic poisoned. Used some energy, and is restoring it in his ball.

Amelie took a very small hit and didn't use much energy, great for two.

Sedge is fresh as a daisy.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #58
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

No problem Snorby! I'm sorry for the wait.

Sedge, start with an Earthquake. Follow up with a Mud Bomb, intercepting their Hidden Power if you see it coming.

--
--
Quote:
Old 11-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #59
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Do I get an apology too?

Anyway, sorry to disappoint, but we won't be taking that one lying down.

Amélie, disorient with Supersonic before he can fire off that Earthquake and set up Toxic Spikes while he's confused.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 11-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #60
Snorby
Snackin'

FUCK YOU JOSH NO APOLOGY FOR YOU

jk ilu bby

Sedge is ready to pummel Amelie into the dirt. Like seriously, Sedge can already see the Nidorina's face in the dirt. It will be glorio- OH GOD WHAT IN FRESH HELL IS THAT NOISE

oh.

It's Amelie screaming her fury at the terrible matchup she's in for the moment. I see. Well apparently it worked, because now Sedge is super addled, and the matchup got slightly less terrible for her. Cool beans.

Anyway, Sedge is too busy seeing quintuple to care much about the match at the moment, so he can't really be arsed to Earthquake. Amelie smirks at his opponent's incapacitated state, before deciding to vomit up some spikes all over the field. Eugh, they're all purple and gooey. Disgusting. For whatever reason, they're emitting a gas of some sort, and the gas makes Sedge begin to glow purple as well, clearly poisoned. The whole being poisoned thing seems to have made Sedge just a little more lucid, and he manages to fire off the Mud Bomb he was asked to- just at a rock about three feet to Amelie's left rather than at the Nidorina herself.

Sedge didn't use much energy. Quite peppy, confused and poisoned. Amelie will be good for two. The only damage this round was Sedge's poison damage.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:01 AM   #61
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

son of a bitch it's my turn to order

Set up a cubic Reflect and stay on your toes. If he fights through that confusion, stick an Ice Beam through him.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 12-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #62
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

"Sedge, try to Refresh yourself, then attack with Earth Power."

--
--
Quote:
Old 12-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #63
Snorby
Snackin'

While Amelie is busy constructing herself a pinkish cube of energy for protection (always use it, kids!) Sedge pushes through his confusion to start glowing with a soothing, greenish aura that clears his mental troubles. While it also clears his poison, it doesn't really matter since the toxins in the air just poison him again straight away. However, Amelie's new shield does her little good when a column of ground energy erupts from beneath her, causing the Nidorina to squeal in obvious pain. Angered, she retaliates with a powerful, icy bolt of energy. Sedge cringes from the blow, but stands strong, knowing his advantage is great.

Sedge's confusion is cleared, and both sides are in the first third rather comfortably, though Amelie is trailing a bit. Sedge is great for two, Amelie might like a break soon. Ice and Psychic for Amelie are both at half.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #64
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

"Start with another Earth Power. Then get through their Reflect with a Mud Shot, intercepting their Hidden Power they use it."

--
--
Quote:
Old 12-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #65
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Burst Agility forward to dodge Earth Power, using the momentum to boost a Double-Edge. Knock your opponent over to stop their Mud Shot.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-05-2016, 04:01 AM   #66
Snorby
Snackin'

Need to drop this in light of my most recent TA. Sorry, guys.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:19 AM   #67
Connor
Who Knows?

I'm the best and I'm commandeering this here face off. Let's get this done.
Connor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #68
Mercutio
Banned

I actually already took this in the queue it wss just to complicated to ref at 1am lol.

If you want it feel free.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:13 PM   #69
Connor
Who Knows?

Glaring at his opponent, evidently irritated that he hasn't quite managed to make his type advantage work for him yet, Sedge raises a leg high, determined to see c hurt. Allowing a dull brown aura to engulf his blue tinged limb, he roars a defiant cry as he brings it hammering into the ground, small tufts of dirt exploding into the air as the energy snakes towards Amélie. The Nidorina has other ideas though, a wide, fanged grin crawling across her face as she crouches low to the ground. With a sharp burst of energy through her legs, she shoots off like a rocket, her arcing trajectory taking her well away from the ensuing explosion of earth and energy. Continuing her run, she arcs with a sharper motion, set on ploughing through the body of Sedge, but the Marshtomp is already readying his next blow. His mouth bulges with sodden energy, and with an almighty cry, he unleashes a barrage upon Amélie just as she is upon him. The result is a slosh of dull energy, some of the orbs managing to burst over the skin of Amélie while some are sent reeling off target as the Marshtomp is tackled to the ground, his slick skin managing to set him free as Amélie attempts a pin.

Sedge holds a very slim lead, with Amélie just entering the second third, Sedge about to follow. Sedge is looking a fair bit fresher, though that isn't saying much - Amélie is tuckered while Sedge is looking a bit strained.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:42 PM   #70
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Give him another Supersonic.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 01-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #71
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

"Cover your earholes, then use another Mud Shot."

--
--
Quote:
Old 01-26-2016, 03:25 PM   #72
Connor
Who Knows?

Knowing that she is backed into something of a corner, Amélie resolves to turn the tables, the Nidorina readying herself and her attack. Her throat begins vibrating at an incredible speed, creating a dull droning sound which reverberates throughout the arena. Sedge is having nothing of this though, thrusting his arms over his ears and leaving the sound unable to affect his mind. With a wide grin on his face, and the opposite on that of Amélie, Sedge advances on the Poison type, flooding his mouth with a dull brown aura. Opening it wide, he unleashes an unbelievable volley of orbs upon the body of Amélie, the orbs smashing over her body and leaving her grunting in pain.

Sedge has carved a reasonable lead for himself this round, but is still tired despite the low energy round. Amélie is much fresher, but has started to drop through her second half.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:15 AM   #73
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

I'm so sorry. Josh, I know I said I'd order on Tuesday; some stuff came up and I didn't have enough time to sit down and do this. Now that I've reread everything I'm ready to go though!
Connor, if you're still down to ref we would super appreciate it!

"Let them know we're still fighting by making an Uproar, then hide yourself behind that large boulder. If you're targeted with Hidden Power, Protect yourself."

--
--
Quote:
Old 07-22-2016, 06:12 PM   #74
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck

Drown him out with Screech and bring down the boulder on top of him with Rock Smash.
Quote:
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #75
Connor
Who Knows?

Coming off the back of a long wait, Sedge nods at his trainer, before grinning at his foe. His smile has a certain malicious edge about it though, and he inhales sharply, looking to put the hurt on his foe. Amélie has other ideas though. Opening her own mouth, she unleashes an abrupt shriek the reverberating tones leaving Sedge shuddering and clasping his arms over his ears. The Marshtomp staggers back, his technique interrupted entirely, and he rushes towards a nearby rock for cover. Amélie, once again, is determined to see this obstacle be proven to be little in the face of her determination. Rushing forwards, she leaps into the air, smashing a rather deft limb through the rock. Her power carries her through, and she smashes the well struck blow into the face of Sedge, the Marshtomp showered in a hail of rocks to add insult to injury.

Both roughly tied heading through their second thirds. Sedge refreshed following that breather, Amélie good for two.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL