UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 09-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #526
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Les Miserables OST. Can't stop singing this, damn it.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:45 AM   #527
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Bang Bang - Jessei J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj

Say what you want about those three women, but goddammit, the song is catchy as fuck. Those vocals and riffs.

All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor

Mellow with a snazzy dance. Reminds me a little of Lilly Allen.

Climax - Usher

Holy crow, this guy has range. That whistle register note. O____O
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #528
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Bang Bang - Jessei J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj

Say what you want about those three women, but goddammit, the song is catchy as fuck. Those vocals and riffs.
I'm having difficulties not listening to this, its a seriously fun song. ^^; I'm also biased to Ariana so. :3
Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #529
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
S.S.D. FANTASTICA - Claiomh = solais - someone's folk

Some of you may also know him as Arata Iiyoshi, aka one of the composers of PMD 1 & 2.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #530
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass

Pop song with a doo-wop feel describes basically everything she produces. I love it. Very unique sound, extremely catchy. This song is her current most popular song, but her music is very refreshing and fun all around. I recommend you check her out!

And that music video is perfect so.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #531
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I should not like this but I do. There is nothing good about this but I really like it.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #532
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Yes hello I would like one "unwatch" please
Old 09-29-2014, 12:29 AM   #533
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

Babymetal- Megitsune It's metal mixed with J-pop and those are two things that normally should not go together, but I can't stop listening.
Wins- 24 ~ Losses- 14 ~ Draws- 1
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15
Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 38

Friend Codes:
Spoiler: show
Y/Smash Bros- (I pay more attention to this one :P) FS- Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon; 1993-9521-9013

X- FS- Gyarados, Bibarel, Poliwhirl; 0645-5911-9507
ROFLMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #534
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
An indie song which I found completely by accident when I heard it in a commercial while in Seoul:

Happy For You - The Summer Set

BORKED

This song is amazing. It reminds me of Royal Concept crossed with fun, in a good way. Although the chorus drags a bit, the first verse catches my attention immediately. I'll be checking out the rest of The Summer Set's discography. They seem underrated.

EDIT: The Summer Set has a female drummer. Hold the phone, now I like the group even more. ^_____^

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 10-03-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #535
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Oh, whoa, so ... with your being in South Korea, I didn't make the connection between "South Korea" and "music" until just now, but your mention of "Happy for You" made me think of "Happy Birthday to Me" by Bulldog Mansion. Which in turn made me think of the entire There She Is! project. Definitely worth a listen 'n' look if you've never seen them before.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #536
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

This is such a cheesy "stop bullying/Born This Way" song directed at teens, but I needed this in my life right now.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #537
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #538
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbleucorsola View Post
This is such a cheesy "stop bullying/Born This Way" song directed at teens, but I needed this in my life right now.
Cute little song and music video. I don't remember any kids where I went to school being bullied as badly as the goth/emo girl, but I think that what the gay boy, the bulimic girl, and the scrawny boy encountered is very common. And of course even the goth/emo girl's experiences happen every day. I just never saw harassment on that level firsthand.

I don't really understand the skateboard one though. Is she in violation of a curfew law? Even so, why would the officer destroy her skateboard? I assume it's for the dramatic purposes of the music video, but that's just the thing: everything else in the video felt very realistic. Then suddenly "YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR BEING A SKATERGIRL!"

Wanted to think of another song that's similar to this one. James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" came to mind because of the chorus. This prompted me to search, out of curiosity, for a Japanese cover of the song. I have no idea why this song, "Alone", is being advertised as the Japanese version of the song, but it apparently comes from a J-drama called Ikemen desu ne and, judging just by the video contents, is about a girl trying to understand who she is and a lesbian with a handsome-boy face, the titular ikemen (good-looking guy), who falls in love with her. Thought the coincidental tie-in to your music video made it worth sharing.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #539
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Cute little song and music video. I don't remember any kids where I went to school being bullied as badly as the goth/emo girl, but I think that what the gay boy, the bulimic girl, and the scrawny boy encountered is very common. And of course even the goth/emo girl's experiences happen every day. I just never saw harassment on that level firsthand.

I don't really understand the skateboard one though. Is she in violation of a curfew law? Even so, why would the officer destroy her skateboard? I assume it's for the dramatic purposes of the music video, but that's just the thing: everything else in the video felt very realistic. Then suddenly "YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR BEING A SKATERGIRL!"
I wouldn't say the first guy is gay necessarily. He may just like to dance. Also I read in the comments apparently a lot of football players take ballet to work on their balance.

Yeah I don't get the skatergirl either, and the breaking of the board was pushing the cheesy realm of "KIDS RULE ADULTS DROOL". I would've rather seen her portion replaced with an overweight girl or something. (Notice everyone in the video is still rather attractive.)

Still, it's a sweet sentiment, even if sanitized to sell.

I honestly started crying since it was nice to just feel appreciated and see someone clearly happy to say it to strangers, and wanted to spread the message.

Also listened to this song of hers first. (From a Mekakucity Shintaro AMV with the second verse. *shot* I don't like how the vid makes the guy's part necessarily about a breakup but whatever kids and their silly romance.) Her singing and lyrics aren't the super-best, but the chorus is catchy if simple, and I like how genuine she seems in the end of both videos.

"This ain't the first time you've felt like this
This ain't the last time you'll feel like this
But it'll be fine if you can just smile"

=)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #540
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Bunch of old favorites, most of which I am sure I have linked here before.

"Yumegatari" as experienced at the climax of Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced
C-C-B's "Romantic ga Tomaranai"
"Tomadoi" from Hikaru no Go (spoilers in the comments)
"Baby Love" from Today's Class 5-2
Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku's "Te wo Tsunagou"

And then some really old favorites ...

The Penguins' "Earth Angel"
The Mamas and the Papas' "California Dreamin'"
Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

And then seeing the Rubettes' original cycles me right back around to Japan with ...

"Sugar Baby Love" from Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar

"密やかな恋の火を消さないで......消さないで..." ;-;
"Don't put out the quiet fire of love ... Don't put it out ..." Ugh just doesn't sound nearly as good in English. -.- That's poetry for you.

And now I'm curious to know what Cyndi Lauper sounds like in Japanese. *looks* Well ... it doesn't look like they ever dubbed over her songs, but we do have the Japanese attempt at the song title: ガールズジャストワナハヴファン Gaaruzu Jasuto Wana Havu Fan (sounds like fawn).
Old 11-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #541
McSweeney
Soul Badge

I like California Dreamin too. Flute solos are frickin sweet (like the one in Sis Puella Magica).

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #542
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

The English dub theme of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, just so good, one of my favorite songs from an anime.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #543
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"If I Had Words To Make A Day For You," many versions:I even listened to the piano version (psst! Daisy! You should totally try this one out! ;o ), but do be mindful of the fact that the final third of so of the video spoils the ending of the movie. So if you've never seen Babe before, you should see it before clicking that link. Actually, you should see the film before clicking the first link in the list too, come to think of it. Anyway! Enchanting song. Forever emblazoned in my mind as "the song from Babe." One of the best kids films of the '90s, hands down, especially for younger audiences (ages 3-10).
Old 11-17-2014, 10:14 AM   #544
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I forgot how much I legitimately enjoy that movie, even now, and the Saint-Saens in it.

The original symphony in full is oppressively long (the linked piece above is just one of four movements!), but it's one of the most popular symphonies out there partly due to the sheer energy of the piece (Not to mention how catchy this theme is. Seriously, it's almost as instantly recognizable as the Hungarian Dance no5).

You linked the original reggae adaptation of the Organ Symphony - the melody here is a little older than that :P
Old 11-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #545
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
I heard this in a stream and fell in love. (EDM)

Haywyre- Everchanging
Old 11-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #546
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Meghan Trainor - Lips Are Moving

Much like Cascada, I always dance at least a little bit to everything this woman produces.

EDIT: do not read the comments it is a bad decision that will end badly

Tay-tay is on a roll recently. Give it a listen before judging.

Last edited by Shuckle; 11-30-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #547
phoopes
Double Dragon

Sun Kil Moon - Ben's My Friend

Favorite song from what I think is my favorite album of the year.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:21 AM   #548
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Heathertraska has put out a new medley and its... Wicked!
Old 12-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #549
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Can somebody back me up on this so I know I'm not crazy and hearing things? I always thought that in the song from Grease "You're The One That I Want", Olivia Newton-John was singing, "Maintain my erection" but according to the lyrics, she's actually singing "meditate my direction". Ignoring the fact that the line makes no sense, I can accept that she's singing meditate instead of maintain, but "direction?" Sorry, but I don't hear a "D" sound at all. She clearly is asking John Travolta to maintain her erection! I specifically try to avoid this genre when I'm looking for hentai, I don't need to hear it on the radio too!

Go to 1:15 and listen for yourself (NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_864Y7G4tk

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #550
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Darn, I wish that you'd linked us to a version without onscreen lyrics provided and had also not told us the story first. "Can you guys go to this time and tell me what you hear her singing?" Because all I can think now is of the official lyrics, and then hearing her sing I go, "Yep, official lyrics are right, Mcsweeney is wrong." Hard to know what I would've thought without that bias of information. :\

I will say that the d is hard to hear, and that I can't be sure to what degree my brain is assisting the vocalist by filling it in for her and to what degree it's doing no such thing and I genuinely hear her enunciate the d.

My example of this phenomenon, though decidedly more family friendly than yours ^^; , is from Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". Skip to 0m50s in the linked video; the moment in question happens around 0m56s, 0m57s.

What I hear: "Oh Daddy dig, you know you're still Number One!"
Official lyrics: "Oh Daddy dear, you know you're still Number One!"

Even knowing the official lyric, I still hear "dig" there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment