UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 06-20-2020, 07:19 PM   #351
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Just posting in here to teach TR Close Combat to my Snivy (40 Bond).

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:14 PM   #352
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
ATTENTION

Happy UPN day everybody! In recognition of our forum's day of celebration, we are presenting everyone with a small gift. Just quote this post before 11:59pm on Monday the 22nd of June and you can claim the following:

1x Shiny Umbreon Plushie (teaches Dark Pulse, one use only).

Generally on UPN day you share what you've been through in the last year, so feel free to share what your character/s, have been through this past year.
*Obtained the Shiny Umbreon Plushie!*

The past year, huh? It's certainly been an eventful one. It's... wow. It's already been over a year since I've introduced Willa Carnet. That's honestly kinda mind-blowing. But yeah- for those who don't know, a little over a year ago, I introduced a new Trainer character, and repurposed my Yanmega into her starter- previously, he was Keith's Yanmega, named Colin, obtained by Keith at the Adoption Center as a Yanma- one of the numerous adoptions done by yours truly back when the place first reopened post-Fizzbylution and was allowing everyone to adopt, like, once a week or something? Anyway, I reset the Yanmega's character and everything- Willa's Yanmega was caught by her in the Friend Safari in Kiloude City as a Yanma, and RP'd it as though Keith gave away Colin to a recurring NPC of mine who specializes in Flying-types.

Anyway, as I'm sure most of you are aware by now, Keith and Willa have been a couple for over a year now, and that ain't about to change. Each has also met the other's family- last Christmas, Willa got to meet Keith's parents, and in early 2020, she went with Keith to a Masters family reunion in Hoenn. And Keith got to meet and even battle Willa's mother- former Kalos League Champion Diantha. Willa's team had grown significantly in the past year- this time last year, her team was just Yanmega, Eelektross, and Mawile. Since then, she caught a Rowlet, a Lapras, a Skiddo, a Phantump, a Magikarp, an Absol, a Jangmo-o, and a Pancham, and has also adopted a Doduo and a Nosepass. She also got two Pokémon from her loving boyfriend, those being a Scatterbug and an Applin. Many of these have already evolved by this point, too. Keith's team, in contrast, hasn't grown very much in the past year, being so expansive already. Evolutions, however, have happened- Ricin and Leo have evolved into Alolan Muk and Flareon respectively, and Artemis evolved into a very unusually-colored Roselia at the same time her girlfriend, Willa's Dartrix, evolved into Decidueye. Most recently, Brighton evolved into Lanturn following a spectactular performance against a Dynamaxed Qwilfish, and most uniquely, his lures now give off a lovely purple light- repeated Thunderbolt attacks fired from his lures while he was poisoned drew said poison into said lures, and evolving shortly after helped cement them as part of the bacteria that provides the bioluminescence (wow, I actually spelled that right on the first try, holy crap, that word trips me up so much you have no idea). As far as new additions, like I say, there were few, but they happened nevertheless; when Galar's Pokémon were first introduced to the region, Keith had come down with a nasty cold, and Willa, knowing how badly her boyfriend wanted to explore and catch something new, went in his stead and ended up catching him a Pincurchin. Not too long after, Neville the Dragalge found love, and he was soon able to welcome his daughter, a Pyukumuku, onto the team. Fred, the aforementioned Pincurchin, regards George, this Pyukumuku, as a younger sister, and the two are practically inseparable. And, I'm told, chock-full of just the worst puns you could ever imagine. Most recently, Keith caught an Amped Form Toxtricity- she's loud, boisterous, and headstrong, and Keith wouldn't want it any other way. She's also the girlfriend of Terri's Mr. Mime, and while my breeding slots for 2020 are long gone by now, it's no secret that the two are planning to have themselves a baby Toxel to ring in 2021. There was also a bit of a farewell to be had, but more on that later.

But I got more characters than just Keith and Willa! Gavin Golurkson, everyone's favorite foulmouthed Shiny hunter... admittedly is in kind of a Shiny drought at the moment, and not for lack of trying. If we're being technical, he did catch a Shiny Trevenant in the tail end of 2019, but due to forces beyond anyone's control, that lasted all of two seconds. In that same day, Gavin had caught a Morelull, and Wes, his Aipom, even evolved into Ambipom. While Morelull helped fight off a Talonflame and Honchkrow that were trying to destroy the forest, she wasn't the best fit for Gavin's team, and he knew it; once he got home, therefore, he gave the Morelull to Terri Alph, which was clearly the right move, considering Increase is now a Shiinotic, very happy with her current Trainer, and might just be a bitt happier with certain unfolding events in my Secret Base, which I promise I will be replying to soon.

Speaking of Terri, I mentioned a Mr. Mime earlier, and indeed, she did catch one in the past year. Normal Form- no Mr. Rime in this guy's future. His name is Perform, but he's also known as the Loud Mime, and not without reason. Whether it makes for a good miming performance is your call, but it works for him, his teammates like it, and his girlfriend actively encourages it. I actually wrote up some backstory for Perform and Roxie in my Visionary Glade- The Mime Who Would Be Loud. Something I'd been meaning to do for some time before I actually did it. Besides Perform, Terri also now has a Mimikyu, another Pokémon whose significant other is under the ownership of Keith Masters; in this case, Crabbe the Swalot. And finally, Terri caught a Blue Flower Flabébé who had made fast friends with Help the Comfey. And if the current goings-on in the Morpeko raid are anything to go by, they might end up more than just friends...

This time last year, those four characters would have been it, but not this year, for a fifth Trainer character has joined the Pokémon Trainers of Sludge Wave Coast! Edward Tentacruel Starmie- just call him Eddie- is an aspiring cryptopokologist from Cinnabar Island, a young man intent on uncovering the secrets of Pokémon like Missingno. To that end, he left Kanto for Fizzytopia, with nothing but a bag full of supplies and a Voltorb to his name. He sought out Keith Masters specifically- the man, to quote Eddie, is not unheard of in the cryptopokology community. Indeed, Keith was able to recount his several experiences with Missingno. to Eddie. However, his fervor for research had caught the attention of Hermione the Weedle, and she voluntarily joined Eddie's team, instantly becoming his strongest Pokémon. Thanks to Keith's efforts, Eddie now has a laboratory in Sludge Wave Coast, so Hermione need not say goodbye to her family. And though a researcher he may be, Eddie is also a Trainer, and a damn good one, having caught a fairly large Togedemaru and adopted a Drowzee. Hermione remains the ace of his team thus far, having actually been the only Pokémon out of all of Sludge Wave Coast's Trainers to Dynamax thus far, having done so to great effect against a Gigantamax Appletun and contributing to the victory against it.

As for me? I'm pretty much the same as ever- taking opportunities to RP wherever they may pop up, including in the new raid battles, which have proven to be immense fun thus far. And I've actually been contributing even more this year, as I am now one of the new helpers for the FB Calendar, so every three weeks, I'm the one confirming all y'all's birthday presents. In addition, I recently was put in charge at the Move Tutor. And right now, I'm seriously happy seeing new members joining and old members returning.

As for this Shiny Umbreon Plushie, I'm gonna use it on... hmm... Y'know what? Pancham could use a new move.

*Pancham learned Dark Pulse!*
Old 06-20-2020, 10:51 PM   #353
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
ATTENTION

Happy UPN day everybody! In recognition of our forum's day of celebration, we are presenting everyone with a small gift. Just quote this post before 11:59pm on Monday the 22nd of June and you can claim the following:

Generally on UPN day you share what you've been through in the last year, so feel free to share what your character/s, have been through this past year.
Claim: 1 Shiny Umbreon Plushie

Not really sure what to say, Hyrem has been pretty quiet for a while, just been hiding and training, don't know when he'll come out of his little "timeskip", but will probably come up with some big post for it whenever it happens!

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:07 AM   #354
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Finally got around to figuring out what all needs movepool updates now...

*Aquarius learned Acid Armor!*

*Rui learned Flail!*

*Violet learned Flail!*

*Aletri learned Dragon Tail!*

*Aletri learned Metal Claw!*

*Six learned Spore!*

*Help learned Synthesis!*

*Andromeda learned Cosmic Power!*

*Andromeda learned Psybeam!*
Old 06-22-2020, 01:30 PM   #355
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

I deliberated this for quite a while, but I think it's time. Feeding 4 Rare Candies to Jukin, my level 16 Whismur.

Jukin grew to level 20!
Jukin learned Supersonic!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:12 PM   #356
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
ATTENTION

If nothing else, I've gotten something akin to more active as of late? At least, I was pretty stubborn with keeping up with the Raids even in the face of my fathers' increased scrutiny (aside from when I didn't participate in March because the whole COVID thing making it nearly impossible to consistently reply without tipping him off, anyway).

Honestly, though, I have no idea if I managed to achieve anything in 2019 proper, aside from Dynamaxmas- heck, I even managed to miss my FBirthday! Not my greatest moment, to say the least!

This year's already seen my first completed Zone Adventure in a long while (well, almost- I do have to write the closing reply still, but close enough), so hopefully this sort of progress will continue moving forward?

Anyway...

*Obtained Shiny Umbreon Plushie x1!*

And I'm gonna go ahead and use it on my malamar…

*Elenchos learned Dark Pulse!*

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:03 PM   #357
Sneaze
Mrow?

Don't mind me just teaching TR Flare Blitz to Joe the Houndoom (30 Bond).
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:12 PM   #358
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quickly teaching Custard the Togetic TR Hurricane and TM Flamethrower, Bond 50

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:46 PM   #359
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Teaching Stella the Dreepy the TM Breaking Swipe, Bond 20

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:00 AM   #360
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Doing a little something to make DG formatting easier.

Using these 16 Candies and TM Power-Up Punch on Fontaine the metang real quick...

*Fontaine learned Power-Up Punch!*
*Fontaine was elevated from Lv. 29 to Lv. 45!*
*Fontaine learned Psychic!*
*Fontaine learned Agility!*
*Fontaine learned Iron Defense!*
*Fontaine learned Meteor Mash!*

*What? Fontaine is evolving!
...Congratulations! Your Fontaine evolved into Metagross!*
*Fontaine learned Hammer Arm!*

Old 07-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #361
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Random discussion prompt:

If you were to visualize the region of Fizzytopia as a concrete, tangible landmass, what would it look like in your imagination? Is it an island, or is it connected to a larger continent? What kind of shape would it take?

You answer wouldn't necessarily be considered canon or anything like that, but it's just something I've been wondering for a long time. I like to imagine that there is some shared space that connects all of the zones in FB.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #362
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Random discussion prompt:

If you were to visualize the region of Fizzytopia as a concrete, tangible landmass, what would it look like in your imagination? Is it an island, or is it connected to a larger continent? What kind of shape would it take?

You answer wouldn't necessarily be considered canon or anything like that, but it's just something I've been wondering for a long time. I like to imagine that there is some shared space that connects all of the zones in FB.
I see it as it’s own continent.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #363
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

At this point, I see it kinda like Hoenn: an archipelago with a single massive "island" surrounded a few smaller ones, like Minnao and Springtide. We've got a generally more temparate than it, however, what with the sheer amount of snow during the winter an all.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:51 PM   #364
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm with Med here- I envision Fizzytopia as a large island with a number of smaller ones to be found in the nearby sea.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:51 PM   #365
Emp
Volcano Badge

I see it as a continent too.

And due to the diversity in climates, cultures and histories it would have to be a big one, similar to the Americas spanning from the northern hemisphere to the south. I could see the Arboreal Cradle being on or close to the equator but other than that I don't really have a headcanon for the locations of the other zones. Back when the Serebii Islands were around I imagined them all being in a long cluster, with the hotter, more volcanic islands close to the equator and the glacier islands in the arctic sea.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #366
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

I also agree with Median and Missingno. Master. I imagine Fizzytopia as a region that is larger than the others, with some outlying islands. Fizzytopia is the largest region imo, because of its many zones that are very different from one another. Other regions like Hoenn and Sinnoh have only one climate, and I imagine those regions being smaller than Fizzytopia. Now I know why there isn't an official map of Fizzytopia (I wondered about that when I was new to FB); the region is constantly changing and so a map would have to be updated frequently.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #367
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorchic View Post
Now I know why there isn't an official map of Fizzytopia (I wondered about that when I was new to FB); the region is constantly changing and so a map would have to be updated frequently.
I would love to make a large scale map of Fizzytopia, but I lack the artistic talent and cartography skills to do it justice lol. I did make a map of the Cloud Garden once before though using spritework from HGSS

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #368
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
I picture FB as a land mass shaped like Unova but with a more natural setting instead of big cities.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:03 PM   #369
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Using my TR Venom Drench on my Umbreon with 44 Bond.

*Cyanide learned Venom Drench!*
Old 07-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #370
Emp
Volcano Badge

Using my FB birthday candle to teach CM Blow-back to my Wailord, so he can put his blowhole to good use.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-23-2020, 02:58 PM   #371
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

I view Fizzy as one supercontinent similar to what EMP said, however, I also think of the whole earth that Fizzy is on being at least the size of or bigger than Jupiter because I imagine all the regions all there too, ( main and spin-offs together ) ( it also allows room for the other potential new continents that could be introduced later down the line )

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #372
Emp
Volcano Badge

Bulbasaur Bulbagarden broken link workaround

Just documenting the fix for broken Bulbagarden links here, should another unfortunate soul return to find their inventory annihilated by Bulba's site migration.

1) highlight and copy the seven digit code at the end of the broken URL: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f233/happy-halloween-valentines-day-2011-a-98448/#post2828515

2) paste the seven digit code into the highlighted section of the following URL: forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?posts/2828515/

Presto chango you have a working link again!

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #373
Sneaze
Mrow?

Teaching Tina the Pidove TR Heatwave

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:06 AM   #374
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Using my TR Liquidation on Lizzy the Sobble.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 09:00 PM   #375
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Feeding 1 Rare Candy to my level 20 Buizel.

Buizel grew to level 21!
Buizel learned Aqua Jet!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out