UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Grovyle Intermediate Trainer Battle: Electric Blue Eye vs sweetbbydoll [FINISHED]

The second battle Levin would oversee in Kumo Castle. This time around, it was an interesting match-up: Ethan and Liza, both Cascadia adventurers, rumored to be closer than most Trainers in Fizzy Bubbles. This time, for a change, they'd be on opposite sides of the field - but Levin knew from experience that the best battles are the ones fought between closest friends.
Zion, on the other hand, knew nothing of bonds, friendship or romance, and the implications of this bout were completely lost on it. The Metang stood by the Saffron-native's side, as always, to collect and process any data its Trainer might overlook - both for the sake of fairness for all parties involved, and for Levin's own benefit later on.

- Welcome Ethan, Liza. Glad to see you made it on time. I guess it's time to find out if the bonds between you and your Pokemon are as strong as the one that ties you to one another! Have fun, and show me a great battle!

---

Electric Blue Eye vs sweetbbydoll
1v1
Intermediate Trainer Battle
72 HR DQ
Kumo City's King's Castle: The courtyard of this majestic castle floating in the clouds is approximately 50m x 50m wide. Rose bushes and thorny hedges line the walls of the courtyard while at the very centre stands a Kingdra fountain. It is forbidden to damage the castle or its grounds in any way, so if you do the guards Arcanine will be quick to intervene.
Hold Items: No
Heal Items: No

Rules:
- PM me your squad, held items, first Pokemon out and your first orders
- RNG determines who goes first
- First round is reffed
- Orders are reversed after each reffing
- Leave a link to your Profile in your first reply
- You can order up to 3 moves/actions each round; dodging or moving count as 1 action
- Battle ends when either Health or Energy reaches 0%
- Evolutions aren’t allowed mid-battle but can happen after the match
- For official attack descriptions, look here. Actual outcomes may vary based on ref discretion
- PM me any questions you may have at any point

Coin flip determined sweetbbydoll goes first.

Ethan vs Liza

VS

BEGIN!

Last edited by MarbleZone; 03-20-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue Eye
[spoiler]
Name: Jaws
Species: Garchomp
Level: 52
Type: Dragon/Ground
Personality: Jolly
Characteristic: Loves to eat
Ability: Sand Veil
Pokeball: Dragonball
Held Item:
Accessory:
Origin: The Cable Club
Happiness: 10
IQ: 3
Cool Stat. 20
Beauty Stat. 20
Cute Stat. 20
Smart Stat. 20
Tough Stat. 20
Level-Up Moves: Fire Fang, Tackle, Sand-Attack, Dragon Rage, Sandstorm, Take Down, Sand Tomb, Slash, Dragon Claw, Dig, Crunch, Dragon Rush
Relearned Level-Up Moves: Dual Chop
Egg Moves:
Move Tutor Moves: Iron Head, Outrage, Aqua Tail, Dragon Pulse
Technical Moves: Flamethrower, Stone Edge, Poison Jab
Hidden Moves: Surf, Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Whirlpool
Advanced Moves: Draco Meteor
Custom Moves: Chocolate Magic
Birthday: February 6th
Biography: A jolly dragon, Jaws has always been the life of the party. Originally owned by another trainer and traded for a Squirtle Ethan once hatched, Jaws has never had the misfortune to play ‘catch up’ when it came to strength, instead being the leader of the pack.

Dependable and a lovable guy, Jaws has a heart of gold that makes him gladly go the distance for a friend, which on two occasions has caused the dragon to evolve in order to lay a helping hand.

What lies ahead of him is anyone's guess but maybe someday he'll find something so many of us long for, someone to spend the rest of his draconic life with.

"What do you think is the matter with him?" a ghostly, dark voice smooth as velvet said as the companion next to him stood looking outside the base’s window.

"I don’t know…I’ve never seen him this miserable. Poor guy is even too upset to want to go gliding…"

"Well if we don’t do something quick, I’m afraid his state of mind will never change." The Gastly sighed.

What James, the Gastly, and his trainer, Ethan were discussing as they looked outside of the boy’s office toward the backyard’s battle field, was Jaws. The boy’s Garchomp, seating and waiting as he looked out in the horizon...

It happened about a couple days ago, when Ethan had introduced a new member to the team, a pink female Frillish the trainer obtained in a trade. Deigo, the boy’s Jellicent had been beyond words as he was mesmerized by her enchanting beauty. It took a couple of days for the old Pirate Captain to get up the nerve and ask the ghost jellyfish out but when he did, the two could be seen arm and arm together all the time.

During that time, Pokémon from his team received care packages from their significant others. Caleb the Teddiursa would sometimes get a package of freshly baked goods with a card from Honey on Liza’s team. James would at times get a spooky story written by Lucy, Liza’s Litwick that he would at times read to their child Jack and daughter Serena.

And even though, Chris the Snivy denied a Budew with a great big crush on him, on Christmas Day Rose was able trick the Snivy into kissing her underneath the mistletoe. Which had the snake-lizard rather cheery the rest of the day.

It seemed like everybody was being paired off…everyone, except the Garchomp…

But it wasn’t like he wasn't trying, he had tried since he was a Gible to win over the affections of a particular Charmander on Liza’s team with no avail. Sending over prey he had hunted himself! When he evolved into a Gabite, he learned to carve solid rock, making things like Hearts. Even that didn’t seem to work.

The only way he was ever going to win her over, was to show her how strong he was. That he was the type of dragon she could depend on!

"I just don’t know what to do-" Ethan said as he was cut off by the noise of his Pokegear vibrating on his desk. When he went over to look at it, he couldn’t help but glee.

He ran over to the field to tell his Garchomp the good news, Liza and Sam had excepted their proposal for the right of marriage!

--
"It’ll be great seeing them again, after all we’ve both grown since…well, the last time we were together." The boy looked toward the ground, kicking a rock as he and his trusty dragon type walked up the hill to their destination, Kumo’s King’s Castle. "I hope she forgives me, I didn’t mean to run off. It wasn’t like I had a choice, I j-just couldn’t put her through it! Me being arrested. What kind of life would that be for us? As I spent my days locked up for petty crimes…"

"Garrrr…"

"Ever since then, I’ve even quit stealing and am even pursuing my dream, so that we can have a life together. Wouldn’t it be great that we after both of us achieve our dreams, we settle down in a cottage together?! With all our Pokémon and kids, wow…I can hardly wait!"

"Garrr…"

"What’s the matter buddy? Feeling a little nervous?" the boy chuckled, "To be honest, so am I."

Reaching the clearing Ethan looked at the landscape where they were going to have their battle. And there at the other end of the field was Liza, the most important person in the world to him. The person that saved his life more times than he could count, because of her, he knew he had a future in this world.

"It’s good to see you again, I know we promised we couldn’t be together until we met our goals in life but at the end of the match, no matter the outcome…I’d really like to just take a long stroll somewhere. Wouldn’t that be nice?" he smiled before turning his attention to the ref, "Levin, always a pleasure. Now let's see if can't make this match one to remember!!"

"Liza, Sam, we won’t go easy on you," the gentlemen said as he looked at his Garchomp, who was ready to prove his worth to the firey dragon, he so wanted to be his wife.

I know it's going to be a little weird fighting the Pokemon you love but don't let that mess you up too much buddy... the trainer hoped..."Jaws cloak the arena in a Sandstorm! Then deal a devastating first blow with your Aqua Tail, finish with Stone Edge! Of course this goes without saying, be careful not to damage the field…" he said as he turned to look at the guardian Arcanine watching them…
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbbydoll
Samantha (♀ Charizard)
Level: 53
Type: Fire/Flying
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
Held Item:
Ball: Fireball + Ball Capsule + Fire Seal (A)
Encountered: Starter
Accessories:
HP: 10
IQ: 2
Contest Stat.
Cool: 100
Beauty: 20
Cute: 20
Smart: 20
Tough: 20
LM: Flare Blitz, Heat Wave, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Air Slash, Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen, Dragon Rage, Scary Face, Fire Fang, Flame Burst, Slash, Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Inferno
EM: Dragon Dance, Ancientpower, Crunch, Dragon Rush, Flare Blitz, Metal Claw, Counter, Dragon Pulse, Focus Punch, Beat Up
MT: Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Seismic Toss, Headbutt, Heat Wave
HM/TM: Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, Rock Slide, Attract, Overheat, Fissure, Skull Bash, Submission, Dragonbreath
AM/CM: Fire Pledge, Soft Boiled
DoB: October 3rd
Bio: Samantha is a feisty little Charmander who thinks that the whole world including her trainer must please her every move. Sometimes she's a bit of a tom boy but her "princess" feminine side shines through more. She is determined to get out of the life she’s living in now [the inside of a nursery] and live an adventure of her own in which she'll finally get rid of the pink shiny bow her trainer gave her and instead wear the "crown" she thinks she deserves.

The day had finally arrived as Liza and Sam made their way to Kumo City's King's Castle famous for its battle arena. As they flew up in the air, the gentle spring breeze and warm sun rays pressed against her cheek soaring hundred of miles off of the ground…Liza couldn’t get over how much fun it was to fly with her Pokémon, with the clouds between their knees. It was as much thrilling as it was a little frightening, of course as the adrenaline pumped through her veins she couldn’t help but feel even more excited for what they came all the way out here for…

“Can you believe it Sam? After almost two years of adventuring we'll finally reunite again. I wonder if he’ll think I look any different now, then when he last saw me…do you think I look okay?” she asked her Charizard for the hundredth time who by now simply repeated the same thing, “Char, Char…”

“I guess it’s a bit silly…still the last time I saw him, it felt like a dream…I was half asleep when he came in the middle of the night. I thought I had been dreaming, telling me he had to go…I can still feel that kiss he left on my forehead as I drifted into my dreams.” The lass trainer sighed, “We said we wouldn’t be together until both our dreams were fulfilled, I never thought how long that would take.” She said as she shook her head, “But today’s a special occasion, right? No point in thinking negative thoughts, I’m sure you’re excited as well, huh?”

“Char!” the Charizard beamed with a smile. Because, as much as this was a time for her trainer to reunite with the love of her life, for Samantha, it was the perfect opportunity to see if she really wanted to go through this arranged marriage her trainer had made years ago with Ethan’s Garchomp. Though unknown to her trainer, and any one actually…well besides Lucy the trainer’s Litwick, Sam had always had a baby crush on Jaws but being told who she had to marry just didn’t seat well with the Fire Type. She wanted to be free and live her life, be free to choice as well who her partner would be…Sam had only ever agreed to this battle that was going to take place, to see if the Dragon/Ground would be compatible with her.

“Look Sam! We’ve arrived!” the trainer pointed to the majestic courtyard.

~*~*~

Standing on her side of the field, Liza took a deep breath before looking up and seeing Ethan’s face, his blue eyes inviting her to dive deeper within them. Her heart was pounding inside her chest with excitement, she had planned before hand what to say but looking at him here, after so long, there were no words. No words to describe what she felt.

She turned to the referee, a man she had met before, the same man she had received her Teddiursa from. Liza acknowledged him, “Thank you for taking the match, Levin. I hope you enjoy it as well!”

“Char!” the Charizard roared as she moved from the side of its trainer into the field as she took a determined stand, if the Garchomp wanted to win her over he had better show some display of power.

With all the formalities out of the way the match could finally begin. Liza had to remember this wasn’t an appeal stage, this was a place for battle and quickly instructed her Pokémon what to do, “Sam, use Seismic Toss to start things off, before going into a Dragon Rage and trapping him in a Fire Spin!”
[/size][/color]

ROUND 1

A battle of love between two dragons in the prime of their lives. This should be a duel to remember, and one Levin would make sure to take notes of. That was, after all, the main reason why he became a referee in the first place - self improvement.
Charizard and Garchomp, the latter of which he'd owned a specimen himself, were two Pokemon he was particularly fond of. That the Elite Four would allow him to oversee a fight between these two was also a proof of confidence; a brawl between two creatures as powerful as these could get chaotic really soon, and it was up to him not to miss anything.

Jaws has the ever-so-slight speed advantage and gets his plan going first. Just as Samantha's wings propel her forward for her own first strike, the Garchomp roars loudly and summons a powerful gust of wind that sweeps across the arena.... carrying nothing at first, but soon tiny speckles of rock materialize in the swirling winds - nothing noteworthy for now, but both Trainers know it won't be long until the sandstorm rages!
Determined not to let Jaws prosper in his favourite battle condition, Sam is quick to retaliate while the Garchomp remains clearly visible. She wraps her arms around him and takes to the skies, dragging the opponent along with her; when she reaches her peak, she quickly divebombs and drives Jaws into the ground hard! However, the land-shark's retribution is swift, as he still manages to swing his water-infused tail into Samantha's side before she flies out of his reach, dealing considerable damage to the Fire-Type!
Infuriated, Liza's partner channels her draconic blood and lets loose a wicked purple blaze that engulfs the still-reeling Jaws. She then follows up with a fire spiral that circles the Garchomp before erupting in a pillar of dancing flames, trapping her opponent inside!
The flames occasionally graze Jaws's skin, feeling bothersome but not terribly damaging due to his dragon scales' natural resistance to fire. Through the Fire Spin, he locks eyes with Samantha on the other side and summons a multitude of pointy rocks; the Charizard has no time to react when the boulders suddenly shoot forward from inside the tower of fire, and the barrage connects full-force deals frightening damage, forcing her to land to nurse her battered wings and torso! Samantha has been terribly, terribly damaged this round with Jaws taking full advantage of her poorly-protected weaknesses...
As the opening round comes to a close, the winds begin to rage violently, carrying heavy amounts of sand as the sandstorm fully sets in...

Health: 77%
Energy: 63%
Stats: Eva +1

Health: 45%
Energy: 88%

Next orders: Electric Blue Eye

---

As always, PM me any questions.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

With the first round having become more favorable then he could've ever imagined, Ethan was over the moon. If he was anything, he was a man with a very competitive spirit. But I guess you'd have to be if you had the goal he so strived for, of wanting to conqueror the battling scene.

Of course as he savored how well everything had gone, he had to remember the match wasn't completely over, he wouldn't be able to do what he did earlier, the attacks ordered before used a considerable amount of Energy, if they were to repeat what they did and they had the misfortune to miss...he would be in big trouble despite the Health lead they had over them.

"Gar..." The Garchomp looked back at it's trainer, it was clear just looking at his face that he’s dragon felt some slight pity for having gone quite wild on his opponent.

"Don't worry buddy, they knew what they were getting themselves into when they agreed to this. Our pride may be on the line but so is theirs. How will it look if we showed weakness now? That wouldn't be fair to them. It wouldn’t be fair to us."

"Gar..." The Garchomp motioned in a sort of, I guess your right, sort of way.

"Now for us to be able to land a clean hit in the future we'll have to pin them down before going for the assault. So start off by using some Chocolate Magic, next use Sand Attack to make it even more impossible for them to land a hit, finally try to trap them in a vortex of water, with Whirlpool!!"

"I do apologize for being so blunt on the first turn, but let’s see Liza how much you’ve grown...shall we?"
Ethan smirked at his girlfriend.

Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 03-12-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Just like old times...you'd never let me win in anything. Not board games, not in tennis or video games. Come to think of it we never even had a real battle before this? Did we. I would be so focused in thinking of new ways to ‘show off’ my Pokémon that battling would be the furthest think from my mind. I guess this is the time to show you what we’re made of. I mean that battle I had with my Piplup and a swimmer's Lotad wasn't that difficult and that battle with Liza's Charizard could've turned out better but we learned a lot. It's time to show them how much we've grown! with a determined resolve Liza looked out to the field with her partner struggle to stand as it tried taking a breath from the pounding it had just received.

“Sam, I know the battle looks bleak right now, but we need to show them we aren’t who we were two years ago, we’ve grown so much. You especially, you can’t let this get you down.”

“Chaaarrrizard!” the fiery dragon roared.

“That’s a girl,” Liza smiled as her Charizard picked itself up steadily, “Oh don’t worry about me sweetie,” she said in a giggle looking towards Ethan, “I got a plan. You ready Sam?,”

“Charrrrrr,” the Charizard grunted.

“First take advantage of when he shoots his first attack to pinpoint exactly where he is hiding in the sand. Using your Dragon energy to Rush at him and strike hard! Follow by healing yourself with a Soft Boiled egg, lastly, when he goes in for his last attack, get as close as you can to the fountain and Dodge his move at the last second. I’m sure the Arcanine won’t like that. Hehe~”
Old 03-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

ROUND 2

The first round heavily favored Jaws with his timely exploit of Samantha's weaknesses. Ethan made the most of Liza's obligation to kick things off, but it remained to be seen if he could display the same skill when forced to go first himself.

Choosing to capitalize on the weather conditions, and Garchomp's natural affinity for battling in sandstorms, Ethan's approach is to make it as hard as possible for his girlfriend's Pokemon to land a hit. He has Jaws tap into his special move, one that only Fizzy Bubbles natives know how to use; the Garchomp releases a stream of molten chocolate at Sam... only to see the gooey substance immediately be caught in the swirling flames that still surround him and disperse harmlessly into the Fire Spin!
Sam, following Liza's instructions to the letter, bides her time until she pinpoints the spot where the chocolate blast collides with the blazing vortex... and immediately rushes forward to the only place where Jaws might be! Sand gets in the her eyes and grazes her skin as she gains momentum, and even knowing her foe's location, it's exceedingly hard to keep her eyes locked on the assumed position. Dragon energy courses through her body again and takes the shape of a huge wyvern head as it envelops her; jaws agape, the materialized Dragon Rush homes in on the target...
... but fails to make full contact! Liza watches as the sheer power of Dragon Rush causes the Fire Spin to disperse on contact, but unfortunately only seems to graze Jaws on the shoulder, courtesy of his nimbler movements in the sandstorm. Tough luck!
Just as Samantha turns around to face her enemy, Jaws quickly hurls some of the sand surrounding him straight at her face, causing her to flinch momentarily as she fight to get the particles out of her eyes to little avail. Realizing she needs to back away quickly, she flies towards the fountain at the center of the arena. Then, taking a moment to regain her composure, she shapes some of her remaining energy into a physical egg, which she readily consumes bringing her immediate relief. Refusing to let her sit idly and recover any longer, Jaws channels the water energy he has left into his mouth and spits out a mass of swirling water; the Whirlpool spirals along the ground, shaking wildly under the intense sandstorm as it progresses straight at Samantha. Her vision is blurry and her eyes teary, but by the time the water tower reaches her it's almost twice her size, clearly visible and threatening to trap her within... but remembering Liza's instructions, the Charizard flaps her wings at the last second and dodges to the side! The raging whirlpool slams into the fountain, causing the stone structure to shatter and the water inside the construct to float upwards as it joins that of the whirlpool itself!
Suddenly, an angry roar echoes across the garden. A massive Arcanine appears atop one of the castle's towers, locks eyes with Jaws and exacts his revenge for the damage caused to the palace grounds! It unleashes a powerful Flamethrower at the dragon, who is luckily resistant to the flames but still cringes at the intense heat. The round comes to an end with both Pokemon catching their breath and a furious guardian watching intently from above...

Health: 62%
Energy: 46%
Water depleted

Health: 89%
Energy: 58%
Stats: Acc -1
Softboiled used up

Next orders: sweetbbydoll

---

Last edited by MarbleZone; 03-13-2015 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Forgot that "the sandstorm rages" :P
Old 03-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #6
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

A chill ran up Liza's spine as the majestic Roar of the Guardian Arcanine echoed throughout the castle.

Such strength and beauty, she thought, Argh, I just can't wait to own one of my own!

“Char!” Samantha noticing her trainer losing focus for the battle, grunted at her back to reality.

“Sorry!” Liza said rather apologetically. “So how do you like us now Ethan? I'm not just that pretty little girl you used to tease about all the time now am I?” She smiled.

“Sam, so far so good but trying to find an enemy hidden in the sand is turning out to be more difficult then we could ever predicted. We know that he has a thing for you so, use your feminine wilds to Attract him and draw him out. Then get ready because this will be the best time to go on the offensive, use Dragon Claw to smack him and follow with a Mega Punch.”

*Muah~*
Old 03-13-2015, 09:17 PM   #7
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

The fact she was able to get the Arcanine up there to attack Jaws...that's some quick thinking.

"Yea, you aren't like you used to be...but still...the familiarity of seeing you again and talking to you face to face. It's nice. It's like nothing has changed." He sighed before gaining back his composure, "But don't think for a minute, just because you got the right idea that I'll let your Charizard try to seduce my Garchomp...even if he wants to..." Ethan said awkwardly.

This round hadn't gone according to plan at all, I didn't think that the Fire Spin from earlier would give us such a hindrance but at least it was gone now, even if it was unintentional by our opponents to be the ones to make it disappear.

"Jaws, look away from her Attract as you perpare to launch an all out barrage of Stone Edge to gather back the lead we once had! Then get in close and aim a Poison Jab to the gut!"
Old 03-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

ROUND 3

Charizard and Garchomp are completely into it now. Both Trainers have showcased their skills, both in offensive strategies and their tactical awareness - so much so that the scales keep tilting back and forth and the arena itself is showing the effects of this intense match!

Liza goes first and looks to make use of the relationship between the two adversaries. After all, it takes a special kind of drive to keep fighting and hurting your beloved until they pass out... so perhaps Jaws' aggressiveness will crumble under the hint of affection both Pokemon so desperately crave.
Samantha tries to look Jaws straight in the eye and let her love shine if even for a second; when feelings are true, there is a lot less need for physical seduction. But loyal to his master, the Garchomp reluctantly turns his gaze to the ground, avoiding the Charizard's own...

But how wise is it to look away from the foe in the middle of a battle? Samantha understands Jaws's reaction as an obedient Pokemon, but she wants to make Liza proud too, and there is no way her dragon blood would let her pass up on the chance to capitalize on a distraught opponent. Turning his eyes away might have prevented Attraction, but left Jaws wide open and the Charizard is quick to make the most of it! Despite the raging Sandstorm, Jaws is right there, and even through the veil of sand in front of her eyes after that earlier Sand Attack, it's impossible to miss the immobile target this time around. She bolts forward while charging energy in her right arm, and drills her Dragon Claw square into the Garchomp's chest for a clean hit!
Jaws is staggered by the brutal move and flinches briefly, while Samantha, mere inches away from him now, immediately follows up the massive hit with a close-range punch to the head that rocks him hard!

Jaws growls at the onslaught and now it's his time to make the most of Sam's proximity. Again taking advantage of her all-out approach, he summons a second storm of sharp rocks that all manage to collide with the female dragon's body with such a short distance between them! Again the technique proves terrifyingly effective against the part-Fire, part-Flying Pokemon, and Sam is sent back tumbling and reeling from the catastrophic exploit of her double weakness! However, after two Stone Edges and the summoning of such a massive Sandstorm, it seems Jaws has run out of Rock energy.
Sam struggles to get back up, but Garchomp slowly walks up to her, dragon instincts burning, and mercilessly drives his poison-infused claw into her gut, causing her to roar in pain yet again! And it seems the venom seeps into her system, because the wound oozes a purple liquid as Jaws pulls his claw away.... Samantha has been Poisoned!

The sandstorm keeps sweeping the field, and the tiny rock particles pelt Sam's skin for further damage, but she is so badly beaten up by now that all she can do is breathe heavily... until the withering flame on her tail suddenly erupts into a violent fire, suddenly empowered by Sam's Ability! Her body is beaten and bruised, but the fire in her eyes is renewed as she gazes at her opponent and lover!
Jaws, in turn, finally brings himself to look at the fallen Charizard, while he towers above her... however, the Garchomp took tremendous damage this round as well, and suddenly falls to his knees in utter pain as the adrenaline rush starts to fade, finally realizing the seriousness of the injuries Samantha inflicted on him.

The grand finale might just be approaching!

Health: 24%
Energy: 33%
Water depleted; Rock depleted

Health: 26%
Energy: 39%
Poisoned
Softboiled used up

Next orders: Electric Blue Eye

---

Last edited by MarbleZone; 03-19-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:43 PM   #9
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

"Jaws..."

As Garchomp took a moment to catch his breath, he looked at the delicate flower that was the Pokemon of his affections...Charizard.

He didn't mean to hurt her too badly...this of course was all to prove to the Charizard how strong he was. Show her, how dependable he could be towards her by showing her the strength he would use if ever there was a time that she needed protecting...he was a little foolish in this regard though, after the pounding she had shown him earlier, he knew now she didn't need anyone to protect her.

Difficult of breathing, he mustered up enough strength to say at least...I maybe loyal to my trainer but...I am a slave to my heart and the only thing I've ever wanted was to be with you.

Looking at the field, both dragons seemingly unmoving, Ethan had to think of a way to finish this without exhausting his partner's energy levels. The trainer looked at the night sky, the moon full and stars twinkling up above...that's when he realized there was one last thing he wanted to try..."Use Draco Meteor and if you still have the energy a Dragon Pulse as well, other wise dodge whatever comes your way!"

They might of been taking a big risk by gambling all they had on this last round..."But whatever happens now buddy, I'm proud of you."
Old 03-20-2015, 04:25 AM   #10
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

With fresh scars and a bruised ego, Samantha tries to stand tall pushing through her limits...her flame on the tip of her tail feeding off on her ambition to keep going as it begins to burn bigger and brighter then before!

Liza had seen this before, this was her Charizard's ability Blaze a skill that when the user was pushed against a corner was granted greater strength.

“Char!” The Charizard grunted toward the Garchomp but the trainer didn't understand what she might of been saying.

I came here to show you I didn't need anyone, that I could live by myself...but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the idea of having you by my side to fly around with and joke and laugh and hunt. Maybe you wouldn't be a terrible partner to be with. But that doesn't mean I'll let you win so easily, we still have a battle to get over but...maybe, just maybe I'll give you a shot after its all over.

With Samantha's energy reserves so low and the poison and sand slowly draining her of health, this might of been the last chance they had to win this. Liza never had experienced a battle like this before, blood pumping and her heart beating so loud it felt like someone was playing a concert in her heart...maybe there was another reason she felt this way perhaps, this was after all a special occasion.

With Charizard's tail flickering back and forth in a very hypnotic way...there was very little room for error. The trainer knew that Fire Type moves weren't going to be very effective against Garchomp but this was the best time to use them, when Charizard's ability was activated.

“Samantha, I want you to dodge as best as you can, I know you're hurt so it might not be possible but after that go into an Overheat and finish with a less intense but powerful Dragon Pulse!!”

With her hand to her heart all Liza could now was hope, “Good luck, Sam.”
Old 03-20-2015, 12:40 PM   #11
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

ROUND 4

This is it - the final clash between two powerful dragons raised to the peak of their abilities. Samantha is struggling with Poison and the unforgiving Sandstorm, but invigorated by her Blaze, whereas Jaws is at home in this environment but his body hurts the worst...

Both Liza and Ethan choose to go all-out this time, throwing caution out the window realizing that their partners probably wouldn't endure another round even if they make it through this one. The curtain call is now, and all parties involved want to go out with a bang. From atop the castle, Arcanine watches intently, the guardian too sensing the battle's climax approaching.

Jaws gets back to his feet with great effort, stares straight at Samantha and knows what he has to do. His body glows orange and he shoots a glowing sphere of Dragon energy into air, before an explosion of deadly fireworks lights up the night sky.
Sam is ordered to dodge the incoming armageddon, but knows she can't possibly afford to evade everything that's coming her way. She makes it to her feet as well and glares back at Jaws with fierce determination, then arches her head back and lets loose a massive pillar of white-hot fire straight at the Garchomp, aiming as best as she can despite the unwieldy recoil of such a powerful blast...

The meteor shower strikes, dozens of smoldering rocks crashing mercilessly into the Castle grounds, ravaging the arena completely; no matter how hard she tries, Sam is simply too exhausted (and focused on aiming her Overheat through all the sand) that she can do nothing when the storm hits; the meteors fall on grass, stone and foe alike, creating a terrifying explosion in an incredible display of power.
In the meantime, the Overheat wave homes in on Garchomp, who can barely remain conscious after the intense energy he just expended... and miraculously finds its mark as well, thanks to Samantha's herculean effort! The blast engulfs Jaws's body completely in its wake, burning his shark skin with unprecedented intensity, before arching upwards out of control and vanishing into the sky!

Sand, debris and burnt grass fill up the entire arena - until two cyan-colored beams glimmer through the dust briefly, followed shortly by the sound of two consecutive explosions. Neither Ethan nor Liza can see anything, but both can tell their respective Pokemon's Dragon Pulses found their intended target amidst the chaos... What will happen now?!

When the dust settles, massive craters fill the once-lush courtyard, now turned wasteland. In the center of the largest one is Samantha, eyes glazed over but still standing... for no longer than three seconds, before collapsing to the ground, unconscious!
On the other side of the arena is Jaws, breathing heavily, legs shaking but still able to stand, with a mere speckle of health left but enough to make him the vic... wait! From behind the waning sandstorm, a second pillar of flames makes his way towards the Garchomp, hitting him on his side! The fire feels unbearable on the already-burned skin, and all Jaws can muster is to glance sideways to find the one responsible. Just before he faints, he spots the guardian Arcanine, enraged at the utter devastation his Draco Meteor caused to the grounds the hound was tasked to protect. Jaws collapses shortly afterwards, and when it's all said and done.... both dragons are out!

Health: 0%
Energy: 22%

Energy: 24%
Poisoned
Softboiled used up

RESULT: DRAW

Samantha the Charizard gains 1 XP (deposit here)
Jaws the Garchomp gains 1 XP (deposit here)

---

Well this was completely unexpected! At least for me. Unless you two were actually aiming for a draw in this round when you threw all you had at one another, then it was a pretty wild coincidence!

EBE, you had the round and the match won based on sheer damage from Draco Meteor, but the area damage was much too large to be ignored. If Arcanine didn't attack Jaws, you'd have won this one, but what you had in power perhaps you lacked in strategic thought at the very end, or maybe you reasoned Garchomp would still be able to endure Arcanine's blast and keep going. You were almost right, but the damage added up just past the point of knockout! That previous round where Jaws looked away also tilted the scales a bit back in Liza's favor, it's a pretty risky move to order something like that when there are two more attacks coming at you that round! On the flipside, great exploit of Charizard's weaknesses - those two Stone Edges really hurt -, as well as Sand Veil + Sand Attack defensively, but in the end chance also plays a factor and Charizard's attacks still ended up landing most of the time.

Sweetbbydoll, great use of Softboiled to even the odds back then! I feared for the match when Sam's health dropped that much that quickly, but that's the math. But you bounced right back and managed to hold your own against a foe who could exploit your 4x weakness to Rock! My advice is to try and cover your bases a bit better when you have such massive weaknesses to your opponent's moves - Charizard can fly at will and you didn't use much of that ability defensively, meaning both Stone Edges really hit home and made your life harder.

All in all, I had a lot of fun reffing this match, however short it was - you really went hard on the offensive which meant there was no way this battle could've gone on longer, but both the history between your characters and the way you planned your rounds made it a blast to ref, so thanks for that. Looking forward to your next matches!

Last edited by MarbleZone; 03-20-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:51 AM   #12
Electric Blue Eye
Nearly gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
ROUND 4

This is it - the final clash between two powerful dragons raised to the peak of their abilities. Samantha is struggling with Poison and the unforgiving Sandstorm, but invigorated by her Blaze, whereas Jaws is at home in this environment but his body hurts the worst...

Both Liza and Ethan choose to go all-out this time, throwing caution out the window realizing that their partners probably wouldn't endure another round even if they make it through this one. The curtain call is now, and all parties involved want to go out with a bang. From atop the castle, Arcanine watches intently, the guardian too sensing the battle's climax approaching.

Jaws gets back to his feet with great effort, stares straight at Samantha and knows what he has to do. His body glows orange and he shoots a glowing sphere of Dragon energy into air, before an explosion of deadly fireworks lights up the night sky.
Sam is ordered to dodge the incoming armageddon, but knows she can't possibly afford to evade everything that's coming her way. She makes it to her feet as well and glares back at Jaws with fierce determination, then arches her head back and lets loose a massive pillar of white-hot fire straight at the Garchomp, aiming as best as she can despite the unwieldy recoil of such a powerful blast...

The meteor shower strikes, dozens of smoldering rocks crashing mercilessly into the Castle grounds, ravaging the arena completely; no matter how hard she tries, Sam is simply too exhausted (and focused on aiming her Overheat through all the sand) that she can do nothing when the storm hits; the meteors fall on grass, stone and foe alike, creating a terrifying explosion in an incredible display of power.
In the meantime, the Overheat wave homes in on Garchomp, who can barely remain conscious after the intense energy he just expended... and miraculously finds its mark as well, thanks to Samantha's herculean effort! The blast engulfs Jaws's body completely in its wake, burning his shark skin with unprecedented intensity, before arching upwards out of control and vanishing into the sky!

Sand, debris and burnt grass fill up the entire arena - until two cyan-colored beams glimmer through the dust briefly, followed shortly by the sound of two consecutive explosions. Neither Ethan nor Liza can see anything, but both can tell their respective Pokemon's Dragon Pulses found their intended target amidst the chaos... What will happen now?!

When the dust settles, massive craters fill the once-lush courtyard, now turned wasteland. In the center of the largest one is Samantha, eyes glazed over but still standing... for no longer than three seconds, before collapsing to the ground, unconscious!
On the other side of the arena is Jaws, breathing heavily, legs shaking but still able to stand, with a mere speckle of health left but enough to make him the vic... wait! From behind the waning sandstorm, a second pillar of flames makes his way towards the Garchomp, hitting him on his side! The fire feels unbearable on the already-burned skin, and all Jaws can muster is to glance sideways to find the one responsible. Just before he faints, he spots the guardian Arcanine, enraged at the utter devastation his Draco Meteor caused to the grounds the hound was tasked to protect. Jaws collapses shortly afterwards, and when it's all said and done.... both dragons are out!

Poisoned
Softboiled used up

---

Well this was completely unexpected! At least for me. Unless you two were actually aiming for a draw in this round when you threw all you had at one another, then it was a pretty wild coincidence!

EBE, you had the round and the match won based on sheer damage from Draco Meteor, but the area damage was much too large to be ignored. If Arcanine didn't attack Jaws, you'd have won this one, but what you had in power perhaps you lacked in strategic thought at the very end, or maybe you reasoned Garchomp would still be able to endure Arcanine's blast and keep going. You were almost right, but the damage added up just past the point of knockout! That previous round where Jaws looked away also tilted the scales a bit back in Liza's favor, it's a pretty risky move to order something like that when there are two more attacks coming at you that round! On the flipside, great exploit of Charizard's weaknesses - those two Stone Edges really hurt -, as well as Sand Veil + Sand Attack defensively, but in the end chance also plays a factor and Charizard's attacks still ended up landing most of the time.

All in all, I had a lot of fun reffing this match, however short it was - you really went hard on the offensive which meant there was no way this battle could've gone on longer, but both the history between your characters and the way you planned your rounds made it a blast to ref, so thanks for that. Looking forward to your next matches!
Witnessing the catastrophic destruction left after the wake of his Garchomp's most powerful move, Draco Meteor. Ethan waited as the dust settled to see that his dragon and Liza's were still standing, each in a crater created by the blasts. The landscape completely changed from what it once was, and Ethan finally understood what his social work once said to him when he was 10 years old..."Where ever you go, trouble will follow..."

Putting that at the back of his mind however, Ethan held his breath as Liza's Charizard buckled a bit before falling over unconscious it took everything he had not to jump for joy to rub it in her face when suddenly from amongst the dust a stream of hot red fire shot forth striking his still standing dragon, causing him to roar in agony before he too was knocked out unconscious.

"DRAW!!" the referee declared as Ethan ran over to his dragon laying on the floor, "Buddy you alright? Speak to me!" Ethan shook him before turning Garchomp a bit to the side were he came to see his dragon...smiling. He followed the dragon's outstretched claw reaching for the Charizard's hand, perhaps to hold it, the trainer figured as he smiled as well. Well done, Romeo.

He then turned his attention to Liza as he faced her, "It's been a long time," he said as he rose up from where he kneeled and walked over to her, poking her on the head, "I guess we went a little wild huh?" making light of the chaos they had brought to the land. Before opening his arms wide and took her in for a hug, "I'm sorry I worried you, I swear it won't happen again." He said in almost a whisper.

--

With their match finally over the trainer returned his Pokemon back to his capsule, suggesting to his girlfriend that it would be nice to drop off their respected Pokemon in the same Pokemon Center so they could share the same emergency room as they themselves ended up taking that stroll he had promised her earlier and talk about what each of them had been doing for the past two years.

Waving goodbye to the ref, and avoiding eye contact with the Guardian Arcanine who seemed to be whimpering over the destruction that they had brought to the castle, Ethan let out his hand urging Liza to take it so they could walk out together...

OoC: Thanks again for the fast referring MarbleZone, as well as the very well written rounds. It was a lot of fun, and you sir have a gift for writing, don't let anyone else tell you different!

As for your earlier statement, I'd be lying if I didn't think it could've been an option that the match was going to end in a tie (though technically I won...:P) but we were both seriously going all out, looking at the orders sweetbbydoll had I know she wanted to win this as much as, if not more then I did. Still a great match and one I'll remember and take with me when thinking about the future matches I'll participate in.

Oh, and collecting 1XP for my Garchomp, Jaws. He would thank you but he is currently snoozing.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:43 PM   #13
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
ROUND 4

Poisoned
Softboiled used up

---

Sweetbbydoll, great use of Softboiled to even the odds back then! I feared for the match when Sam's health dropped that much that quickly, but that's the math. But you bounced right back and managed to hold your own against a foe who could exploit your 4x weakness to Rock! My advice is to try and cover your bases a bit better when you have such massive weaknesses to your opponent's moves - Charizard can fly at will and you didn't use much of that ability defensively, meaning both Stone Edges really hit home and made your life harder.

As the ref made his final decision, Liza couldn't believe the match had ended in a Draw!

“What are the chances.” She said a bit disappointed she and Sam hadn't won it all. But they got what they really wanted from this whole experience, she got to see and be with her boyfriend again and Sam had finally seemed to have admitted to her feelings.

All that was left was to marry her dragon off, but the trainer thought it best to wait some time for some rest and relaxation. And of course, so the two dragons could get to know each other a little better.

She walked over to her dragon, bending low enough to allow her to softly pet Sam as she laid unconscious and unaware of the world. Liza got startled a bit as Sam moved a little, reaching over her hand toward the Garchomps who also had his extended out before clasping hers with his and knocking back out.

When Liza was approached by Ethan she pouted at him for poking her on the forehead, something he used to do a lot when they barely knew each other. But when he opened his arms for a hug she just had to forgive him, and held him tightly.

He wasn't for the mushy stuff but with a single hug she knew. “I missed you too.”

With no other reason to stay in Kumo City's King's Castle, especially after the ruin they had caused to the palace...the lass trainer thanked Levin for the entertaining time she had had here and apologized to the great and mighty Arcanine.

She would always remember this battle for years to come and cherish it always.

Taking Ethan's hand she leaned in close before kissing him on the cheek as they made their way to a bright future ahead of them.

~*~*~

Thank you for the wonderful match! Really it was a very fun read, the description was very informative and helpful in allowing me to picture everything in my head as if I was really there.

Also thanks for answering the questions I constantly had PM'd you about.

This was a blast!

Edit: Picking up 1XP for my Charizard, thank you again!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive