UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 10-19-2018, 11:14 PM   #576
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You watch with delight as George undergoes his evolution into a Malamar. This was the exact swing in momentum you needed, this would be enough to turn the tide is this battle. As gem-like eyes of the Sableye begin to glisten, light gathers within the gems, light that could spell the end for Observe. The Psychic type detects the attack and recognising its potential, immediately takes evasive action. As the Sableye lets loose the Dazzling Gleam, Observe leaps into the air, somersaulting over the burst of fairy energy. He lands on the ground free of harm, he would continue to persevere. Now clear headed courtesy of his evolution and wielding a new found power, George rushes the Sableye, eager to get payback on the Sableye for the confusion it had put him through. George bashes the Sableye with one of his large tentacles, knocking the ghost backwards. Having climbed back to its feet, the Skuntank gets itself back into the fight, letting out a burst of flame that explodes across George's exposed back. Small embers strike Observe as well, it is only a small amount of damage but it is beginning to add up.

Observe can feel his health fading, but he knew there was a way he could use his condition to his advantage. Making a beeline for the Skuntank, the Medicham began to channel his pain, this would be a reversal of fates. A devastating punch leaves the Skuntank unconscious on the hard cavern floor, but then the Poison type's unconscious body begins to rumble. A gas begins to seep from the Skuntank, before Observe can react he is surrounded by it. Staring back at you, the Medicham has the faintest glint of fear in its eyes, he now knew what was coming. The gas suddenly ignites, exploding as Observe is hit by the Skuntank's aftermath. The Medicham collapses, unconscious and unable to continue. An enraged George lets out a massive torrent of flame which consumes the Sableye, knocking it unconscious as well. Letting out a pulse of hypnotic energy, George causes the grunts to collapse as well. The two men are soon snoring away, they would no longer be a threat.

The Meteor Form Minior in your arms wiggles free and begins to roll across the cavern floor. It comes to a stop near the ropes the two men used to descend into the cave. It knew its friends were up there somewhere, it needed to help them.

Myahoo- You happily climb into Jet's balloon, accepting his invitation to help him with the bird survey. You explain to him that you've been searching for a Pidgey, both other Trial Captains you had encountered had identified as the man to go to for all things bird related.

"They can be evasive little buggers I'll give you that", Jet smiles at you endearingly. "You wouldn't think a common Pokemon like Pidgey would be hard to find but the Cloud Harden is such a complex series of ecosystems with many territorial species. The Pidgey line is actually the first species on the list, there are some nests on the cliffs surrounding the Cloud Shrine where we should find them. We'll have to get into the air first though, Drifblim, take us up!" The Drifblim floating above Jet's head extends its arms down to grab metal rings on each corner of the basket. The Ghost then begins to inflate, quickly increasing in size. The slowly but steadily the basket begins to rise into the air, taking you higher as the ground slips away.

You ascend through a ring of clouds, your ears popping as you ascend into the higher reaches of the Cloud Garden. "Last time I did the survey there was a young mating pair of Pidgeotto who were sitting on their first clutch of eggs. They should be hatched and flying by now, ready to leave the nest and go out on their own. I'm certain one of them would be perfect for you. We should be coming up on their nest in a moment." As you approach the cliff, you begin to spot a multitude of nests, containing a range of different bird Pokemon. Staraptor, Swanna, Braviary, Honchkrow just to name a few, you had never seen so many bird Pokemon in the same place before. You scan the nests and eventually spot the pair of Pidgeotto that Jet was talking about. However as you get closer, you notice Jet is looking concerned. Where were the Pidgey?

"This isn't right, they should be here", Jet certainly sounds concerned. Jet releases a Pokemon from its Pokeball, the Emolga lands on the side of the basket, awaiting instruction. "Emolga, search the nest for egg shells", the Electric type glides across to the nest and begins to search. The Pidgeotto do nothing to stop it, they seem familiar with this process. "If there are egg shells then the babies have hatched and left already, hopefully that is the case. A few minutes pass before Emolga glides back to the basket, clutching something in its hand. "What have you got there?" The Emolga hands Jet a pink feather, it certainly wasn't the eggshell the trial captain was hoping for. "This isn't from any bird Pokemon I have encountered before, have you seen anything like this before Melissa?"

Biggggg5- Isaac seems relieved when you accept his request for assistance. You'd come to the orchard hoping to find such a task and it seemed like you had found one. You recall Tex, the Grubbin could use some rest, the Sitrus berry would have helped with her health but her stamina would still be flagging.

"I've been too busy around the orchard to check myself, but I believe the troop live in a small cave set into the bank of the Starline River. With the Simisage troop on the back foot I've got to go make sure Simisear doesn't take advantage of the situation, so I'm afraid we are going to have to leave you. Call into the farmhouse if you find them or can't find them, either way I'll pay you for your efforts. The river is south east of here, the might not be easy to find, but I'm certain you can manage. Simipour is a sweetheart, there isn't an aggressive bone in her body so she shouldn't cause you much issue, I just hope she is okay."

Isaac looks around before locating a small plume of smoke beginning to rise above the trees. "It seems we are already late, come on Lady!" The Herdier barks and races off towards the smoke, the boy following behind her. "Find Simipour and the Panpours! Its the only way we can stop this madness!"

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #577
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- Isaac seems relieved when you accept his request for assistance. You'd come to the orchard hoping to find such a task and it seemed like you had found one. You recall Tex, the Grubbin could use some rest, the Sitrus berry would have helped with her health but her stamina would still be flagging.

"I've been too busy around the orchard to check myself, but I believe the troop live in a small cave set into the bank of the Starline River. With the Simisage troop on the back foot I've got to go make sure Simisear doesn't take advantage of the situation, so I'm afraid we are going to have to leave you. Call into the farmhouse if you find them or can't find them, either way I'll pay you for your efforts. The river is south east of here, the might not be easy to find, but I'm certain you can manage. Simipour is a sweetheart, there isn't an aggressive bone in her body so she shouldn't cause you much issue, I just hope she is okay."

Isaac looks around before locating a small plume of smoke beginning to rise above the trees. "It seems we are already late, come on Lady!" The Herdier barks and races off towards the smoke, the boy following behind her. "Find Simipour and the Panpours! Its the only way we can stop this madness!"
With Tex secure in her pokeball Big stows the net ball and turns to take in the details. He nods along. "You go take care of Simisear then, we will be sure to find Simipour." He says as Isaac rushes off. He looks up to the sky through the trees and squints, trying to see where the sun in the sky. "Hmm, southwest should be this way... I think." He says to himself. Frowning he takes the great ball and ghost ball off his belt. "Come on out Mysteria and Wake." He calls out two of his newer pokemon. Mysteria gives her creepy grin and Wake just looks around curiously. "Alright you two, we are looking for a missing Simipour. Mystria, I know the sun isn't your favorite but I'd like you to use your claws to climb one of these trees real quick to help us get some bearings? At the very least we should be heading southwest." Mysteria gives a wink, which is very odd considering her gemlike eyes, and makes for the closest and tallest looking tree. Wake looks up at Big waiting for orders and big just smiles and gives the water type a reassuring rub on the head. "I don't need anything specific right this second bud. I just thought you'd be useful to have around if we are looking for a water type. You'll be able to get in her head better." Mysteria lets out a snicker at that comment from her position on the tree, the context of which is a little disturbing. But Wake nods and they get ready to move on once they have a heading from Mysteria.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #578
Sandaa
Yayyy

Heather:
With the issue between Marcus and Kimmy seemingly resolved, Mint was able to turn her attention to the helpful little Oricorio from before. Eager to oblige the Oricorio on its offer to join her party, Mint takes a moment to pick out a Pokemon with a type advantage and hopefully not crush her potential future partner too badly. Settling on her Trapinch, Mint asks both Pokemon if they were ready to fight and then quickly offers commands to Bantu while Oricorio prepares itself for battle.

As the antlion squares off against the small cheerleader bird, Oricorio lets out a confident Growl as if to remind the insect(?) who is higher up the food chain. Bantu sulks a little, but moves to strike anyway as he Feints left and then Attacks from the right as Oricorio is caught off guard. The faster bird quickly spins around and blasts the Trapinch with an Air Cutter for solid damage. Bantu Bites down on Oricorio’s leg in order to prevent being blown back, causing the bird to chirp in pain.

Oriocorio’s leg was stinging quite a bit from Bantu’s chompers, but overall seemed like it would still be able to move around just fine. Meanwhile, the slicing winds had cut right through the Trapinch’s weak special defenses, but Bantu was able to shake it off fairly well. The two Pokemon have traded similar blows so far but both remain fairly fresh with high energy and were ready to keep going. What will Mint do?

TheKnightsFury:
Recognizing the significance of this challenge for pack dominance despite the disparity in numbers in this situation, Jayson decided to let nature take its course and watched on as Fenrir charged forward to defend his mother. Tottering on the edge of the steep cliff face, barely hanging on for dear life, the Dusk form Lycanroc watched on in both relief and horror to see her pup again but in such a dangerous situation.

Fenrir promptly let out a shrill Howl that echoed off the mountainside to announce his arrival and challenge the Midnight form Lycanroc to battle. The tall red wolf smirked and stared down his opponent as he sized the much smaller opponent up. It appeared to not take Fenrir very seriously as it stepped forward casually as if to provoke Fenrir to attack. The Rockruff kicked up a Sand Attack but the Lycanroc simply smirked and closed its eyes. The Lycanroc simply laughed and spread its arms wide, offering No Guard to show that it wasn’t going to try and dodge anything and began Taunting Fenrir that it could take whatever he dished out.

The fur on Fenrir’s back bristled in frustration as he lunged forward and flanked the Lycanroc before biting into it with Thunderous Fangs. The attack hit cleanly, but yet the Lycanroc still seemed relatively unfazed by it. Rearing its paw up high, Lycanroc looked about ready to retaliate with a devastating blow to Fenrir before the Dusk form began barking uncontrollably in fear of her pup’s life. Midnight sneered and turned to look at her, displeased that she would interrupt their battle. Shrugging Fenrir off, he turned to fully face Dusk and began approaching her on the cliff’s edge. What will Fenrir do?

Ironthunder:
It was a peaceful sunny day as Liawe made her return to the Cloud Garden, a welcome sight compared to her chilling previous experience. Basking in the comfort of the sun’s warmth, the fledgling trainer inspected the Pokemon that had decided amongst themselves who would be accompanying her on this journey. There was Caeda the Skarmory, Carl the Starly, Summer the Vulpix, Calem the Caterpie, Mae the Combee, and Tantei the Dedenne. As her Pokemon came out one by one, several of them seemed eager to eat some lunch, so Liawe decided that they might as well have a small picnic atop the nearest hill.

Despite the Galea Plains featuring lush grassy meadows for seemingly miles on end, the nearest hill that Liawe and her Pokemon climbed seemed to be somewhat gravelly. She paid it no mind however, as she picked out a good spot and spread out a small blanket. With her Pokemon all gathered around, they hungrily waited as Liawe procured a small assortment of sandwiches and berries. The smell was enticing and all six Pokemon seemed to be ready to dig in when suddenly everyone began to look around a little confused.

Liawe was perplexed, unable to decipher at first what was triggering the creatures’ heightened senses, but soon enough she heard it too. There was an unusual ringing sound, like high pitched metal creaking, but no one was able to pinpoint where it originated. Everyone began to look around curiously when all of a sudden Tantei gasped. The hungry little Dedenne was first to notice that their picnic had suddenly disappeared, blanket and all, with nothing but a hole in the ground remaining. What will Liawe do?
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #579
myahoo
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- You happily climb into Jet's balloon, accepting his invitation to help him with the bird survey. You explain to him that you've been searching for a Pidgey, both other Trial Captains you had encountered had identified as the man to go to for all things bird related.

"They can be evasive little buggers I'll give you that", Jet smiles at you endearingly. "You wouldn't think a common Pokemon like Pidgey would be hard to find but the Cloud Harden is such a complex series of ecosystems with many territorial species. The Pidgey line is actually the first species on the list, there are some nests on the cliffs surrounding the Cloud Shrine where we should find them. We'll have to get into the air first though, Drifblim, take us up!" The Drifblim floating above Jet's head extends its arms down to grab metal rings on each corner of the basket. The Ghost then begins to inflate, quickly increasing in size. The slowly but steadily the basket begins to rise into the air, taking you higher as the ground slips away.

You ascend through a ring of clouds, your ears popping as you ascend into the higher reaches of the Cloud Garden. "Last time I did the survey there was a young mating pair of Pidgeotto who were sitting on their first clutch of eggs. They should be hatched and flying by now, ready to leave the nest and go out on their own. I'm certain one of them would be perfect for you. We should be coming up on their nest in a moment." As you approach the cliff, you begin to spot a multitude of nests, containing a range of different bird Pokemon. Staraptor, Swanna, Braviary, Honchkrow just to name a few, you had never seen so many bird Pokemon in the same place before. You scan the nests and eventually spot the pair of Pidgeotto that Jet was talking about. However as you get closer, you notice Jet is looking concerned. Where were the Pidgey?

"This isn't right, they should be here", Jet certainly sounds concerned. Jet releases a Pokemon from its Pokeball, the Emolga lands on the side of the basket, awaiting instruction. "Emolga, search the nest for egg shells", the Electric type glides across to the nest and begins to search. The Pidgeotto do nothing to stop it, they seem familiar with this process. "If there are egg shells then the babies have hatched and left already, hopefully that is the case. A few minutes pass before Emolga glides back to the basket, clutching something in its hand. "What have you got there?" The Emolga hands Jet a pink feather, it certainly wasn't the eggshell the trial captain was hoping for. "This isn't from any bird Pokemon I have encountered before, have you seen anything like this before Melissa?"
"They can be evasive little buggers I'll give you that." Jet smiled at her. "You wouldn't think a common Pokémon like Pidgey would be hard to find, but the Cloud Garden is such a complex series of ecosystems with many territorial species. The Pidgey line is actually the first species on the list." Melissa perked up at that. "There are some nests on the cliffs surrounding the Cloud Shrine where we should find them. We'll have to get into the air first though. Drifblim, take us up!"

The Ghost-type grabbed a ring on each corner of the basket and slowly inflated to lift them into the air. Melissa nervously watched the ground fall away, but as the basket remained stable, she cautiously relaxed and looked upwards. They passed through a ring of clouds, Melissa shivering at the chill and then popping her ears to equalize pressure, as they headed to wherever the nests were.

"Last time I did the survey, there was a young mating pair of Pidgeotto who were sitting on their first clutch of eggs," Jet said as they continued to rise. "They should be hatched and flying by now, ready to leave the nest and go out on their own. I'm certain one of them would be perfect for you. We should be coming up on their nest in a moment."

Melissa eagerly scanned the cliff for the Pidgey line, spotting Staraptor, Braviary, Honchkrow, the swan-like Unovan birds that she thought were called Swanna maybe? and many others before spotting the Pidgeotto that Jet had probably been talking about. She glanced back at him, excited, but he looked worried. Another look and she felt a pang of concern as well. He'd said there were supposed to be young Pidgey, but there didn't seem to be any around.

"This isn't right. They should be here." Jet called out an Emolga and Melissa grinned briefly at the sight of it. "Emolga, search the nest for egg shells."

The Emolga glided over to the nest and poked around in it, barely disturbing the Pidgeotto. Huh. She hadn't exactly thought about how Jet was doing the survey, but that was pretty straightforward

"If there are egg shells, then the babies have hatched and left already," Jet said as they watched his Emolga search. "Hopefully, that's the case."

Several minutes later, Jet's Emolga glided back with something pink in its hand. "What have you got there?" A pink feather? Melissa glanced over at Jet in confusion. "This isn't from any bird Pokémon I have encountered before. Have you seen anything like this before Melissa?"

Melissa shook her head and pulled out her Pokédex to see if it might be able to recognize the feather. "I can't think of anything with pink feathers off the top of my head. Could it be a new species moving in?"

Wild Future
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #580
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post

TheKnightsFury:
Recognizing the significance of this challenge for pack dominance despite the disparity in numbers in this situation, Jayson decided to let nature take its course and watched on as Fenrir charged forward to defend his mother. Tottering on the edge of the steep cliff face, barely hanging on for dear life, the Dusk form Lycanroc watched on in both relief and horror to see her pup again but in such a dangerous situation.

Fenrir promptly let out a shrill Howl that echoed off the mountainside to announce his arrival and challenge the Midnight form Lycanroc to battle. The tall red wolf smirked and stared down his opponent as he sized the much smaller opponent up. It appeared to not take Fenrir very seriously as it stepped forward casually as if to provoke Fenrir to attack. The Rockruff kicked up a Sand Attack but the Lycanroc simply smirked and closed its eyes. The Lycanroc simply laughed and spread its arms wide, offering No Guard to show that it wasn’t going to try and dodge anything and began Taunting Fenrir that it could take whatever he dished out.

The fur on Fenrir’s back bristled in frustration as he lunged forward and flanked the Lycanroc before biting into it with Thunderous Fangs. The attack hit cleanly, but yet the Lycanroc still seemed relatively unfazed by it. Rearing its paw up high, Lycanroc looked about ready to retaliate with a devastating blow to Fenrir before the Dusk form began barking uncontrollably in fear of her pup’s life. Midnight sneered and turned to look at her, displeased that she would interrupt their battle. Shrugging Fenrir off, he turned to fully face Dusk and began approaching her on the cliff’s edge. What will Fenrir do?

Jayson couldn't believe he had failed to account for the Midnight Lycanroc's No Guard ability. Perhaps it was the intensity of the situation, or maybe he just wasn't as good as he thought he was. This wasn't time for self doubt however, he needed to be on his game, he couldn't make a similar mistake. Jayson quickly recalled everything he knew about Midnight Lycanroc, including what he had learned from his earlier encounter. Lycanroc was fond of the move Counter, if Jayson left Fenrir open to a direct Counter it would certainly spell the end for the brave pup. The only way to circumnavigate that was to attack with special attacks, with which the Rockruff only had a few. They needed to play smart. The Midnight Lycanroc had just turned its back on Fenrir to finish off his mother before she could recover. With its back turned it wouldn't be able to prepare a Counter, giving them a slim window of opportunity to get a good hit in.

"Fenrir quickly use Foul Play to turn the Midnight's power onto itself. Follow up with an Earth Power before keeping its attention on you with a Snarl." If they could give Fenrir's mum enough time to get back to her feet, she might just be able to finish the job that he and Fenrir certainly weren't equipped for. The Honedge on Jayson's back began to groan, clearly displeased with him. He was keeping it from joining the fight, but mostly because he needed a last line of defence in case the pack decided it was time for the intruder to pay.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles