UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 07:02 PM   #101
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Naruxami:
As her Skitty’s first Pokemon battle neared a close, Elka cheered Mochi on with words of encouragement. Pascal joined in, mewing out excitedly for Mochi to hear. Mochi mewed back and smiled happily between heavy breaths as she attempted to catch her breath and prepare for another round of battle. As the Fearow looked like it was about to unleash a finishing move out of sheer desperation, Elka honed her focus on the task at hand and thought up a strategy for Mochi to counter it. Mochi listened intently to her trainer’s plans and steeled herself for whatever the Fearow would bring next.

Flapping its wings, Fearow cawed loudly and took to the air. As Mochi took a step back and readied herself, Fearow tucked its wings and plunged forward, spinning rapidly. Fearow connected with the earth, kicking up soil in every direction while its Drill Run drew ever closer to the small Skitty. Mochi took a deep breath and bellowed out her best Hyper Voice to blast the charging bird backwards. Like a top knocked off its axis, the Fearow spun out of control and rolled scross the grass violently. Before it could get up, Mochi pounced on the opportunity, Tackling it in the gut. As the dust settled, the Fearow lay motionless below the panting Skitty, completely unconscious. Mochi has gained 3 Levels!

With the imminent danger now over, Elka and her Pokemon could finally breathe a sigh of relief. Mochi was quite exhausted at this point and could probably use a long rest. Now that she could reassess the situation, Elka turned her attention to the Teddiursa. However, while her attention had been taken off of the young cub, it had left its cowardly perch on the tree branch. Looking around frantically, she could spot it a short distance away pushing its picnic basket along down the hill as it tried to make its escape. What will Elka do?
Elka watched from the sidelines, the battle could go either way at this point, this was a fact she was well aware of. Mochi was huffing with exhaustion, as was the hulking bird that stood before the small cat. It was kind of ironic seeing a bird squaring off against a cat without losing almost immediately, but this seemed to be the case in Pokemon training. The Fearow seemed determined to win, probably in an attempt to regain it's pride, which was slowly being stamped down by the small pink cat. The glares between the two were growing more intense as the Fearow prepared it's last ditch effort at stomping out the cat Pokemon. It prepared a drill peck, slamming itself into the earth similar to a dangerous spinning top. The Skitty steeled herself, letting out her best Hyper Voice despite her somewhat exhausted voice. The Fearow, like the top is was emulating, falling to the ground as it spiralled out of control and kicked up various bits of dirt and grass. Mochi realised that her victory was upon her, jumping forward and giving the Fearow a solid tackle in the gut. There was a brief cough, followed by the dust settling --- and the small cat standing victorious next to the large motionless bird.
Mochi grew from Level 3 -> Level 6.
* Mochi learned Foresight!
Elka and Pascal cheered, rushing towards the small Skitty. Her legs looked a little shakey, and she was most certainly huffing out heaving breaths --- but she certainly seemed proud of herself. Elka braced her elbows on her crutches and opened her arms, allowing the small cat to jump into them. She pet the Skitty along it's back and gave her a kiss on the top of her head, she most certainly deserved a rest after all that work.

"You did great, Mochi! But I think it's time for a rest, don't you?" Asked Elka, the Skitty nodded vigorously, happy to return to it's Pokeball for a much needed rest. "Now we just have to grab that Teddi-" Elka stopped herself as she turned towards the tree, noticing that the Teddiursa was now gone. She glanced around frantically, trying to spot the little cub. Pascal pulled on her bag strap, directing her attention to the little bear pushing it's picnic basket greedily down the hill. Elka puffed out her cheeks, how utterly rude! Mochi had risked her life to save that creature and it had the nerve to run away? She needed to teach it a lesson in manners, she at least expected a thank you.

"Hey you!" She shouted at the bear, limping as fast as she could on her crutches with Pascal running a few feet ahead of her. "You get back here!"
Old 06-30-2017, 08:03 PM   #102
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Raves:

You detailed the events you and your Pokemon had experienced, the young woman’s face looking more and more concerned. She moved to your side to look at Tori, taking note of the mushroom you were holding and its effects on your Pokemon.

“I’ve heard of this before,” she nodded somberly. “Paras are very docile Pokemon, but when the evolve and that mushroom takes over…” The woman shuddered at the thought.

You instructed your Sandshrew to clean up some of the damage in the area. Dutifully, he stuck his claws deep into the soil and began to Till it, bringing fresh soil to the surface where new plants might get a chance to grow. The Roselia looked delighted with Glasspine, and surrounded him once more, likely showering him with compliments.

“Well thank you for protecting these sweet Roselia, I’m sure the Queen Roserade will appreciate that.” The brown-haired woman said with a smile. She was looking over the mushroom you had retrieved. “I know this is called ‘tochukaso’, it's the kind of mushroom that Paras carry. I’m afraid I don’t know too much about it though. I’m usually over with the Petlil…” She paused and seemed to be lost in thought. You watched as realization spread over her face and she spoke again.

“I know someone who can help! He shouldn’t be busy right now, so I could take him to you if you’d like?” She looked back over to your Pokemon. Glasspine had sat down, looking exhausted. “Oh but your poor Pokemon, would you like to heal them up at the ranger’s cabin first? I could meet you there if you’d like.”

She stood and dusted off her apron, then went to collect the fallen Roselia in her arms. They looked to be still conscious, but their eyes were still a blank white. “I’m Petunia by the way. I didn’t get your name?”

As she waited for your answer, the Roselia that had gotten your attention before approached you. It placed one foot behind the other, then gave a deep curtsy. The flower looked incredibly grateful to you, not to mention impressed with your strong Pokemon.

Sandshrew gained 2 Levels!
Nidorina gained 1 Level!

----------------------------

Brave Saix:

Though you opted for Julian’s choice, both your Pokemon looked ready to help with your search. Your Passimian took the rope from your hands, and effortlessly scaled the cliff. He tied the rope to the lowest peg. Without looking, he let the rest of the rope fall back down to you, and you had to dodge to avoid it hitting you in the face. You located a rock jutting out just above your eye level, and grabbed on to it as your first hand-hold. Trying your best to ignore the pain from your Larvitar-induced bruise, you pulled yourself up and found indents in the wall to settle your feet in. Jill flapped at your side, keeping level with you as you slowly climbed your way up.

You were glad you had this rope. It allowed you to stay somewhat stable as you searched for the next hand or foothold. Though the cliff provided some shade, the sun beat down on your back. Had you brought sunscreen? You wiped sweat off your brow and took a look at how far you had come.

Or rather, how not far. You were only a few feet off the ground despite your efforts. You decided to take a break and start digging into the rock. You called up to Julian to let him know you were going to stop. After not getting a response, you looked up and saw no sight of him. So much for the Teamwork Pokemon. You did notice, however, the tip of his tail hanging off the edge of the cliff, right before it quickly slipped out of view.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:28 AM   #103
Kyuu-Tales
Heistin'

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyuu-Tales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Kyuu-Tales - “Wait, wait, there’s been some kind of misunderstanding!” You shout as you wave your hands in front of you. The ranger decides to hear you out and after listening she turns toward her Pidove to tell him to stand down too. However, it would seem that it's completely unnecessary since he apparently already forgot the situation and is pecking away at the ground again. The wild Shinx though, has other ideas and continues to go through with the Tackle it had planned, Aiolia follows his orders and makes no attempt to dodge and is hit directly causing him to tumble across the ground a bit. Aiolia is starting to look quite worn down at this point but he still stays strong and gets back onto his feet. “Shinx, please stop this!” The ranger tells the Shinx to stop which only causes it to show its teeth and growl at her. It has decided it has had enough of this and picks up the cub it carried out of the den and encourages the other two to run ahead while the Shinx follows. They take off over the hill, but this area is so open you don’t really lose sight of them as they create some distance.

“I’m sorry I jumped to conclusions because I let my emotions get the better of me. This place is open for trainers to interact with the wild Pokemon, it’s just that I’ve been keeping an eye on this family since the cubs were born and my heart has been breaking for them.” She walks over to her Pidove and kneels down patting him on the head before looking back at you. “My name is Kamri, I’m a ranger but I was only hired very recently. Watching that family was one of the first things I’ve done here. That Shinx is actually not the parent to those cubs, it had just noticed that they were alone and has been taking care of them ever since.” It would seem you have gained her trust because now she is being very friendly while telling you what she knows about the family of Shinx. “Those cubs were born right after I was hired, which was around 5 weeks ago now. Their mother is a Luxio and they were doing great until three days ago. You see, the Luxio actually had four cubs, but one morning when I arrived to watch them there were only three and the Luxio seemed very panicked. She was raising them in that gathering of trees over there but after one went missing she came out here and dug out this den, putting the three remaining cubs inside of it and then left, I assume in search of her missing cub.” She points to the west where you can see a small gathering of trees in the distance, as she explains the story her voice occasionally goes quiet, it’s clear she feels some guilt over this. “I should have followed her but I was worried about the cubs so I kept watch, right around the end of my shift was when that Shinx showed up. It sniffed out the cubs and I was scared at first but it just took over acting as their parent almost as if it had been sent to do so.”

She walks up to the den and reaches her arm far inside, pulling out the tarp for your tent which is now dripping wet. She hands you the tarp then returns her Pidove. “The Shinx was heading north and couldn’t have gotten far with all of those cubs. I’m going to go track them down and make sure they are alright. I’m sorry if I’ve caused you any trouble, you can go ahead and get back to camping now if you would like.” She begins to quickly move in the direction the Shinx took the cubs, only looking back briefly to give you a wave. Now that you have your tarp back, what will you do?
Seiko could feel tears welling in her eyes as she listened to the ranger's tale from start to finish. She bit her lip. Looks like I've gone and messed things up yet again. Seiko's stomach soured to think that she was responsible for depriving the band of Shinx cubs that which they almost certainly needed. All she'd wanted was to lay low for a few nights, yet her obtrusive behavior and thoughtlessness had brought another grief.

Seiko turned to stare at the expanse of blue overhead the instant the ranger reoriented herself and took off. She stood a few seconds before lolling her head and slumping forward. Not a cloud in the sky. Twenty-twenty hindsight, she could have probably--no, most definitely--made do without the tarp. A ranger on duty seldom strayed very far from their base of operation, in this case likely a cabin or shelter of some sort. Had she just been willing to put forth the effort to trek around until she found one...

Now's not the time for regrets. Seiko shook her head and balled her fists at her sides. Her Pokemon alternately studied her and exchanged worried glances among themselves as she wrestled with her guilt. The trio flinched at the sound of fingers snapping followed by mumbling.

"...That's what we'll do."

"Hey Kamri," Seiko called out as loud as she could after the woman's retreating back, indicating the grove west to no one in particular. "Don't worry! I'll bring back the mother safe and sound!"
Old 07-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #104
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Maskerade:

You felt your aggravation growing and beginning to take over your mind. You had gone through the proper schooling, had done countless hours of research, yet this simple riddle had stumped you. To top it all off, your assistant who you had just come to rely on had taken an embarrassing spill down the stairs. The event had interrupted your train of thought, which at first had been an annoyance, but then…

You excitedly realized you were on the edge of a breakthrough. You just needed to review the riddle once more, making sure you really were on to something. The line suddenly stood out to you, as if it had been highlighted, bolded, italicized, and underlined. The step!

You called your Pokemon back, who begrudgingly returned to your side, disappointed that it had not yet found anything. The Water-type watched as you leaned in towards the wooden step, inspecting it carefully. To an untrained eye, it may have looked like an ordinary step, the wood warped a bit with age. However, you were a professor, and you knew your observation skills were incredibly sharp.

You placed your hand on the step, moving it slowly across its surface. Your fingernail caught on an indent, a splinter finding its way into your finger. You bared the pain as you lifted a piece of wood up, and revealed a hollow opening.

“HYA! HYA!” Staryu cried in excitement of your findings. You reached into the opening and pulled out a rolled-up piece of paper, identical to the one you had found before. You carefully unrolled it, and Staryu came to your side to read over your shoulder. The text, written in the same handwriting, read:

You surveyed the area once more as a calm breeze flew by. You noticed a couple leaves carried along with the wind. A few windchimes jingled lightly. The Stone Shrine, quiet as ever, still had more for you to discover.
For all his intellectual prowess, Rorik had to recognize he was a pretty clumsy man. His line of work hadnever demanded much in the way of physical precision, and perhaps someone more dexterous would have been able to avoid hurting himself, but of course he had to go and stab himself in a wooden splinter. The pain, he knew, was nothing compared to what Pokémon routinely went through in their battles, but hey – he was no Pokémon. Enduring pain wasn’t his strong suit.

“Hngh… Arceus damnit!”

The cry startled Staryu, who stepped backinstinctively, but the sharp pain went as quickly as it had come, and a couple of seconds afterwards, the Professor was already resuming his investigation, somewhat embarrassed that he’d made such a fuss over something so insignificant.

Soon his suspicions were confirmed and his investigation bore fruits. He’d surpassed the mysterious riddler, only to find the game was far from over – concealed within the wooden step was a second parchment, a tiny roll of paper with yet another test.

Rorik read through the documents contents, rose back to his feet and removed the splinter from his finger with a smile on his face.This time, he wouldn’t be made to play the fool.

Even in the arid region where the Stone Shrine had been constructed, there were signs of life – small, nigh-imperceptible, but they were there. Even then, as he looked around, the wind carried those signs as it blew.
Even the most ill-prepared of scientists knew there could be no life without water. Conversely, inanimate objects had no such necessity. The Shrine itself could not drink; neither could the stones that surrounded it. But something else did, though not with a mouth – water was so scarce in these parts that in order to survive, it was necessary to stretch and explore and break rock if necessary, a thousand growing fingers that avidly drained what few droplets they could find.

“Staryu,” said Rorik with a hint of triumph in his voice, “let’s see where the wind is plucking these leaves from.”

For whatever reason, the riddler is luring us away from the Shrine…

-----

Registering for the upcoming event please!
Trainer Name: Rorik Pine Holstadt
Pokémon: Munchlax (M), Staryu
Traits in order of importance: Elegant, Unique, Cool, Cute
Old 07-01-2017, 10:52 AM   #105
Rotom310
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Rose Garden: A colorful garden that has been beautifully maintained. Roses among maybe other kinds of flowers of all sorts of colors and shapes make this scenic area a must-see for those who have come to sightsee. The fragrant aroma has made this garden the home for a number of species of grass and bug type Pokemon. (Please reply in springgreen)
Breathing in the fresh mountain air, Drew Boyd found himself the most relaxed he'd been in quite some time. Between establishing his base, freeing Corvinus from a capricious pseudo-deity, and the shenanigans on the way to Goldenridge, it felt like he'd barely had a moment to rest, let alone relax. (And of course, the less said about his misadventures right after coming to this region, the better.) Yep, it had definitely been a great idea to come to the Cloud Garden. Glancing up at the cloud cloaked summit, Drew knew that at some point his competitive side would win out, sending him out to beat the trials and climb to the peak. As much as the Cloud Colosseum called to him, though, today he had a different destination in mind. Hiking up into the Galea Foothills, Drew let his mind start to ponder the circumstances that brought him here.

Ever since joining his motley crew on that journey to Goldenridge, Zylia had been about as far from a team player as was possible without outright quitting. She'd been surly, she'd been dismissive of any ideas not her own or Stealth's, and she'd outright told everyone to go fuck themselves on more than one occasion. So, to say that Drew had been surprised when the violet Roselia slammed a brochure down onto his desk with a forceful "We're going here." before walked away would be an understatement. Not at pushy display, or even the lack of any sort of tact. But the fact she'd even let him know? That managed to nonplus Drew. Until that moment, he'd been half expecting to wake up and find her gone, vanished into the night. It hadn't been until later that night, when Stealth quietly explained how the Roselia couldn't remember anything of her past beyond a certain point and hoped to jog any sort of memory, did Drew understand. After that, who was he to say no?

Back in the present, Drew pulled the brochure out of his hoodie pocket. He glanced towards the map, making sure he was headed in the right direction. As he moved to slip the pamphlet back into his pocket, his eyes caught on the picture Zylia had circled. A chuckle escaped his lips. "Well," he mused, "if any place were to jumpstart a Roselia's memories, the Rose Garden would be my first choice too."

----

It's about time I did something. Throwing my hat in the ring.

Trainer Name: Drew Boyd
Partner Pokémon: Zylia (Shadow Roselia), Rotom, Ace (Pidgey), Donnie (Grubbin)
Please list the following themes in order of importance (1 Being Most-Important, 4 Being Least Important): Unique, Cool, Elegant, Cute
Old 07-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #106
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Jerichi:
While he listened to Primrose sleepily mumble about fairytales that bore a striking resemblance to his current situation before falling back asleep, Lucas hoped to hear more clues about what he should do next, but the opportunity faded with the heiress’ consciousness. Giving up for now, he joined Petunia as they exited the gazebo. Maybe he’ll have a chance to hear more of the story later, but for now it was time to break from his detour and head up to Liligant’s domain in the northeast.

The two of them left the central area of the garden with Horologie in tow and made their way into Liligant’s domain. Unlike the rose-filled area they had been in before, there was a much more wild beauty to the landscaping in this area. The flower beds were filled with flowers of all different shapes and colors, and there were a few Petilil and Cottonee scattered about the beds happily soaking in the sunlight. Some Ledyba buzzed about here and there, enjoying the atmosphere as any visitor would.

Happy to be along for the ride, Petunia posed Lucas with a selection of options on how to handle his current task. He could either approach Liligant directly as he had with Roserade, or perhaps Lucas could snoop around in Liligant’s treasure room. Not thinking himself much of a thief, Lucas decided that it was probably a safer option to settle things with the queen of the lilies directly. He asked Petunia for some advice on how to best handle his audience with the queen.

“Hmm,” Petunia responded, pressing her index finger to her lips while in thought. “I would say that it’s best to be up front with her. She doesn’t take kindly when she thinks people are hiding things from her. If she does open up to you, I would warn you to not get too greedy with her offers.” As she finished talking, they had arrived at Liligant’s throne area, which appeared in stark contrast to the one where Roserade resided. While Roserade’s throne area was very organized and precise, the flowerbeds were very linear and focused on the queen. In contrast, Liligant’s throne room was a spacious, circular area, where the queen’s flowerbed lie in the middle and was surrounded by smaller flowerbeds of Petilil in every direction. The queen herself had her back turned to the visitors, busily attending to one of her children. “Your majesty,” Petunia spoke up, quietly clearing her throat to catch Liligant’s attention. The flower queen turned around to eye Lucas up and down. What would he do?
Lucas felt particularly out of his element. Even with the advice and recommendations of his guide, he was not exactly sure what would make sense. He very much doubted that Queen Liligant would just hand over part of her treasure just at an outsider's request. He knew that he would need to offer something in exchange. Unfortunately, he didn't have anything to offer, other than maybe his services, but he wasn't sure what exactly it was he would be able to do. He also wasn't exactly sure what even he would say. He decided he would just mimic what he did before and say what he thought in the moment.

He approached the throne, bowing and being sure not to make eye contact. "Your majesty," he started, "I have been sent as an envoy from the kingdom of Queen Roserade. I bring a request directly from the queen, who requires a seed from your collection. I unfortunately lack any sort of offering, but he has authorized me to fulfill any request you may have. I am at your service."

As he has been for basically for the entirety of this little political journey, he had no clue if this was actually going to work or not. And even if it did, it seems that his little fetch quest was only just beginning. He hoped that the poor Budew would be able to hold out just a little bit longer so he could get what he needed to rescue the bud from the Sunflora...

Member Post

Old 07-01-2017, 09:05 PM   #107
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
CLOUD GARDEN

Stone Shrine: A small shrine made out of stone. It is located at the base of the Starline Falls in a clearing filled with jagged rock formations. Many rock and ground type Pokemon can be found here. The shrine is home to one of the two trial leaders for the Galea Foothills. (Please reply in lightslategray)
To say Mt. Zephyria was large would be quite the understatement- the gargantuan structure was a testament to Gaia's will to see her husband again, its peak piercing through the clouds so that they circled it. And somewhere up there, both a sanctuary for mystical pokemon and a gathering place for those from beyond the stars stood, waiting for competent travelers to reach them. Oh, what mighty rewards they were for clearing the mountain's mighty slopes!

Chroma smiled to herself as she made her way through a stony ravine near the terran behemoth's foot. Of course, said mountain and the pokemon that lived on it weren't the only things standing between her and the riches of the heavens. In order to gain access to the peak, one first had to clear two "trials" at the foothills, find a way up the mighty waterfall that roared in the distance even now, and then beat another pair of tests. Of course, information on those last two trials was not as readily available as the initial pair, but the trainer had no doubt that they'd be more difficult than the first two. Which was saying something, since she had no way to clear the one in the forest unless the the trial captain was willing to supply her pokemon with saws yet.

"Of course, there's point in putting off the one we can probably complete right now," she said, to nobody in particular. With the sun beginning to set and dye the world orange, she had decided to recall her pokemon so that they could preserve their strength for the real challenge ahead. "It should still be fun time if we wind up losing in the end regardless, though, and it could give me some vital information for Round 2!"

~ ~ ~

Signing up for the War of the Roses!
Trainer Name: Dichromatia Scmeltzer (Chroma)
Partner Pokemon: Louise (Mawile), Brue (Tangrowth), Butternut (Pumkasaur), Elenchos (Inkay)
Please list the following themes in order of importance: Unique, Elegant, Cool, Cute

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 07-02-2017, 12:45 AM   #108
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo - After Wildfire had been rudely attacked and thrown into a tree you turn toward the trainer that revealed himself shortly after. “What is your problem? Do you just randomly attack people wandering through the forest for fun?” You angrily yell at the trainer, not understanding why someone would do such a thing. The boy lets out another laugh, this one was a little shorter. “Who knows.” It is then that Wildfire prepares for battle after you shout off commands while at the same time the Scyther closes in and Night Slashes at Wildfire with its scythe arm, it is a hit but Wildfire is prepared now and braces itself. Scyther tries to dodge out of the way as Wildfire uses Swift and shoots a trail of stars at it but it’s no use because the stars hit it directly as it attempts to shield its face with its arms. You watch the battle intently, not taking an eye off of the Pokemon as they battle it out. The Scyther begins to run toward an area between some trees but it is immediately hit backwards once Wildfire leaps at it, smacking into it hard with Aerial Ace, once again Scyther was unable to dodge. This is when you realize that the trainer hasn’t said anything in a while and their Pokemon seems to be taking a lot of hits out there. At that moment, you begin to smell smoke, you look over to where the trainer was once standing and all that’s left in his place is a fire that is beginning to grow as it begins to engulf a nearby tree trunk. Wildfire goes in to attack Scyther with Crush Claw, this time Scyther finally manages to not only dodge but also completely escapes. Vanishing through the trees, leaving you and Wildfire alone with the fire that has been left behind.

“I smell smoke! I think there is another fire over there! Where are all of these fires coming from?” You hear a voice in the distance followed by the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching. Suddenly you hear the sound of leaves rustling above you, is it the wind? You look up and see a brown blur quickly fly out of a tree, disappearing almost as fast as it appeared. You couldn’t quite make it out because it was gone almost as quickly as it had appeared but there was definitely something up there. Looking back at the fire, it is still somewhat small but getting larger with each passing second. What will you do?
The boy only laughs at Melissa's demand as his Scyther closes in to land a Night Slash on Wildfire. "Who knows." Melissa shot the boy a glare and then turned back to keep an eye on the battle.

It quickly became obvious that Wildfire had the upper hand against the opposing Scyther, easily landing hit after hit and keeping it from fleeing the battle. Embarrassingly, it took Melissa more than a moment to realize that the boy hadn't given his Scyther any commands recently, or even said anything in a while. At the same time, she noticed the smell of smoke and she looked over at where the boy had been standing, backing away at the sight of fire racing up a nearby tree trunk.

"Okay, what is going on here?" she muttered under her breath as the Scyther dodged Wildfire's Crush Claw and disappeared into the trees. Wildfire frowned after the Scyther before turning back to Melissa and uttering a worried "Quil!" at the nearby fire.

"Yeah, I know." Melissa put some more distance between herself and the fire. "So much for not trying to set the forest on fire, huh?"

"Qui-il." Wildfire nodded and then tilted his head to the side. "Cyndaquil?"

"Probably a good idea. Mud's supposed to smother fire, right?"

Wildfire was just preparing to use Mud-Slap to try to put out the fire when both of them caught the sound of voices in the distance. "I smell smoke! I think there is another fire over there! Where are all of these fires coming from?"

"Well, shit." Melissa exchanged glances with Wildfire. "Think we're gonna get falsely accused?"

"Qui-il," Wildfire replied glumly, looking back at the fire and kicking at the ground.

Suddenly, there was a rustling above their heads and both of them looked up, spotting something brown(?) darting out of the tree. Melissa made a note to remember which direction it'd gone, but turned back to deal with the fire in front of them.

"Yeah. Let's try a Mud-Slap to smother the fire. If that doesn't work, I can always call out someone else."

Wildfire nodded and prepared to try to put out a fire instead of setting one, while Melissa glanced around to attempt to pinpoint where the people would be coming from. If they could get a head start, for whatever reason they might need, well, hopefully things would work out.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #109
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan - You were completely shocked to find that a Wishiwashi had decided to treat your poor baby as food. But, you were briefly distracted and nearly fell into the river when you heard the little girl screaming from behind you! Good thing you didn’t drop little Mimi. After processing everything that is going on, you decide that you are in a position to handle both of these situations! And that you do!

Mimi has tears streaming down her face but still tries to put on a brave front and listens to your orders. She reaches down with her adorable little arms and begins to Tickle the Wishiwashi in hopes that if it laughs it will open its mouth and be forced to let go! And laugh it does, however, it still doesn’t seem to be interested in letting go anytime soon. The laugh is more like, strange gurgling noises coming from its throat. But for the time being, Mimi persists and continues to Tickle the Wishiwashi hoping it will give in.

Meanwhile, you energetically whip around and fall to your knees, but quickly get back up and dig into your bag! You pull out a cute pink Love Ball with a heart on it and send it flying releasing an adorable pink Pichu. Peach was fired up and totally ready for a fight! She begins to shoot a stream of stars toward the Minccino and it’s so distracted with chasing the little girl that it’s a direct hit! Since it had no chance to brace itself against the impact, it begins to roll and tumble away from the girl. It stands up and looks down at itself only to see that it is also now covered in dirt. Now, that little angry face it had on while chasing that little girl was nothing compared to the face it has now. Now it’s a look of pure rage and it is being aimed right at Peach! Minccino appears to have forgotten about the little girl entirely and is now charging toward Peach at full speed. At the same time, Peach is also charging Minccino. They collide! Minccino Pounds Peach into the ground with its tail, static seemingly has no effect this time. Peach gets back up and grabs onto that same tail and begins to whip the Minccino around in circles, building more and more momentum until finally, she lets go. The Minccino flies through the air and eventually slams into the ground, tumbling across it once more and is now covered in even more dirt. This time it stands back up and takes a good look at itself and tears begin to form in its eyes but it still has a face of rage. It begins to charge at Peach once again, this time ready to give her a serious Pounding since the first time clearly didn’t get the message through.

Because the Minccino has its sights set on Peach, the little girl has managed to run over to you with tears still falling from her eyes. “Thank you so much.. I was so scared..” Right then, Mimi has given up on tickling the Wishiwashi, she knows that if it hasn’t worked yet then it’s not going to. She resorts to your second command and uses her Confusion to send the Wishiwashi flying! And she succeeds! There's just one problem, it still doesn’t let go so she goes flying along with it. She is yanked out of your hands and flies through the air and right into the little girls arms. The little girl had a good catch and holds Mimi out in front of her to get a good look. She gasps! “Soooooo CUUUUUTE!!” The girl is full of pure joy as she stares at the Mime Jr. her eyes are sparkling. “You’re mine now! And you’re going to be mine forever!” She seems to have completely forgotten that you are present because the only thing that seems to exist in her world outside of herself right now is Mimi. Suddenly, she takes off, running away with Mimi who still has the Wishiwashi attached. It would seem you’ve just had your Pokemon stolen, by a little girl no less. And Peach is in quite a situation herself since she has incurred the wrath of Minccino. What are you going to do?
What was Alice going to do? Have a breakdown, probably. "Hey, that Mime Jr is mine you little shit! Mimi!" She called nastily after the fleeing girl, both livid and terrified at the same time. She had saved that kid and they had stolen her baby! With a fucking toothy eating grabby fish attached! Was she blind?! Dumb?! Obviously both?! Alice hoped that Wishiwashi changed targets and ripped the child's ankles off or just went straight for the face. There were probably psychics that could erase that sort of trauma from Mimi's mind, right? Frick!

"Pii! Pichuu!" Peaches was just as concerned, but clearly had her own issue to deal with, and Alice's gaze switched back to the battle. They didn't have time for this. Peaches tried to minimise the damage with a defensive curl, and then deflect the other mouse flying with a momentous spin. Her tail lights up and the Pichu swings it hard when the mouse gets close, having eaten the hit in the hope that she could swing her opponent away.

"Listen, Minccino, look! That girl you were chasing, she just stole my Mimi! I don't have time to fight you! She might be dead by the time I find her at this rate!" Alice appealed desperately, and the electrician was surprised to hear it. Her trainer sounded frighten and rushed, but the Pokemon couldn't blame her. Every second spent here, the shiny mimic grew further and further away from them. "We don't have time to fight you! If you help us chase her I'll quite frankly let you have at her, we would've been better off that way! And I've got some food you can have. Berries, poffin, pokeblocks galore! But either join us or leave us. Peaches, we gotta go!"
Old 07-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #110
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:

Deoxys:
As the sun set over the Cloud Garden, the shadows grew larger over the trees by the minute. Hiero faced a decision as he stood at a literal fork in the road. Should he just go straight to the woodcutter’s cabin, or dare he investigate the loud THWACKING noises he heard in the other direction? In the end, curiosity got the better of him, and Hiero and Junpei decided to go check the sound out.

The path to the west was barely a blazed trail with tons of underbrush impeding their way. However, Hiero knew he was going the right way as he followed the sounds. As they got closer and closer, the noises stopped, probably alerted by the rustling through the woods that Hiero and Junpei were making. As they entered a clearing, they came face to face with a large man holding an axe.

“Whoa there,” the man greeted with a sigh, “It’s just a traveler. You startled me there for a minute.” He was a burly man with a thick red beard, red hair, and a red plaid flannel shirt. “Did you possibly get lost? Or were you investigating the noise I was making? I’m Samuel Flint, by the way,” he continued, setting his axe down against a tree and extending a hand to shake.

“As you can see, this here is the site of one of the Cloud Garden trials and I’m its captain. If you’re considering taking in the challenge, why don’t you help me carry some of this firewood back to my cabin and we can go over the details in the morning. You’re welcome to stay the night.” Looking around the clearing, visibility was getting worse as the shadows continued to creep across the forest. Hiero could spot a massive fallen tree which had many cuts on it and slivers of wood had been sawed off. Samuel had been chopping up one of those slivers in order to make firewood. As Samuel began to collect the firewood, should Hiero choose to take him up on his offer, or would he rather explore the forest a bit at night?

Samuel Flint's grip was incredibly firm, Hiero noted as he shook the trial captain's hand. He pulled back and considered the captain's offer for a moment, hesitating briefly and looking to his Heracross as though he had expected some sort of second opinion. Jun was spacing out while, staring at a distant tree before darting his attention to Hiero and tilting his head in confusion. He wasn't really sure what he had expected; the Pokemon was still trying to fit into the team and had only just begun to bond with its trainer.

"Thank you very much for the invitation, Mr. Flint. My Heracross and I have no problem making your life a bit easier by helping you carry the extra firewood here back to your cabin. And if you don't mind, I'll gladly take you up on your offer to stay the night."

However, Hiero had no intentions of just heading to the cabin, grabbing a bite to eat, and hitting the hay. The forest was just as alive at night as it was in the day, and Hiero did not want to miss the opportunity to see it for himself. Hiero walked over to a pile of firewood and began to stack it neatly onto a sheet to wrap it in as he considered his plans for the evening.

1. Help Samuel back to the cabin. Hiero wanted to help the trial captain out. Since Samuel had offered a place to stay, it was the right thing to do.

2. After eating, go out for a walk at night. Hiero loves exploring at night, and given that the Cloud Forest was one of his favorite (and most nostalgic) areas in all of Fizzby, he didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see it for himself firsthand.

3. He wanted to avoid staying out to late, as it would be rude to his host. He would make sure to inform Samuel of his intentions before he did so and would do his best to be back at a reasonable hour.

Heracross was going to need the night to rest, though - he didn't know it yet, but he had a big day ahead of him tomorrow.

==========

Also signing up for the event.

Trainer Name: Hiero

Partner Pokemon (Please state no more than four and no less than one, Attacks/Stats not needed):

Noppera (Mimikyu)
Tomoko (Mareanie)
Jotaru (Lombre)
Jinbe (Spheal)

Please list the following themes in order of importance (1 Being Most-Important, 4 Being Least Important):

Cool, Unique, Cute, Elegant.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #111
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Welcome to the Cloud Garden, Median Dia!

Median Dia:

A sense of calm spread over the Stone Shrine as the sun set slowly behind Mt. Zephyria. Something about this time of day compelled distant Nincada to chirp. Overhead, a flock of Murkrow called to each other, planning where they would rest their wings for the night. You recall your Pokemon and walk up the few steps to the courtyard of the shrine.

The large outcropping that looms over the shrine casts a long shadow. You notice it is immediately much cooler in the shade. You are alerted to the jangling of bells and the sound of hands clapping. You spot the figure of a girl knelt at the shrine. She dons traditional red hakama and a pure white haori, her long black hair neatly tied back into a low ponytail. You observed the scene which, aside from the Carbink floating up and down next to the girl, seemed to be frozen in time.

Your eye catches something that breaks the stillness, the statue in front of the shrine suddenly coming to life and moving. The creature leaps from its perch and shakes itself off. You realize that this was not a statue at all, but the Midday form of Lycanroc. It jumps into a ready stance as a bipedal creature approaches it. The Lycanroc lowers itself, looking ready to pounce on the other Pokemon. Instead, it begins wagging its tail furiously, and jumps to lick the Midnight Lycanroc’s face. The red Rock type looks delighted, returning the kisses to the maw of the other Lycanroc. The two suddenly stop as they become aware of your presence. Though you were just standing there, the Wolf Pokemon seem wary. The pair stares you down intently.

Your goal is to attempt the trial, and you know the girl praying at the shrine was likely the Trial Captain you had heard of. Dare you approach her guard dogs, and break the concentration of the Shrine Maiden?

-------------

Maskerade:

Your pride in solving this next riddle so quickly uprooted the throbbing pain still in your finger. You’re back to your old self now, a brilliant scientist not stumped by riddles meant for children. You did not need to go out on a limb for this answer, it came naturally to you. There was no beating around the bush, you and Staryu knew exactly where to head next.

“HYA” Staryu exclaimed. It began to lead the way, walking particularly fast for a creature more attuned to the water. You followed close behind, knowing that the two of you were now more or less on the same wavelength. On your way in, you were focused too much on the shrine itself to take much notice of the surrounding area. You saw now, though, that you and your Pokemon were headed to a small grove of exactly what you were looking for. Trees.

A breeze blew past again, strong enough to remove some leaves on a nearby tree. The leaves swirled around you and Staryu, before continuing on towards the shrine. Though it wasn’t quite a forest, there were too many trees to count. Their close proximity to each other created a canopy above you, and the sunlight shone pleasantly through the branches. A new question began to eat at your mind: Where to look? The grove created a number of places where one could hide another scroll of paper. You pondered, and Staryu seemed to be doing the same, pointing itself towards different trees. It’s gem suddenly lit up as a gray and brown shape emerged from a knothole and scampered across the path. It came to a halt, long, brown-tipped ears perked at attention. Its large eyes widened in fear, and after a moment of calculating the best escape route, it turns and bounces deeper into the trees. Before it leaves, your sharp eyes notice that it was holding something in its mouth.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:54 PM   #112
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Brave Saix:

Though you opted for Julian’s choice, both your Pokemon looked ready to help with your search. Your Passimian took the rope from your hands, and effortlessly scaled the cliff. He tied the rope to the lowest peg. Without looking, he let the rest of the rope fall back down to you, and you had to dodge to avoid it hitting you in the face. You located a rock jutting out just above your eye level, and grabbed on to it as your first hand-hold. Trying your best to ignore the pain from your Larvitar-induced bruise, you pulled yourself up and found indents in the wall to settle your feet in. Jill flapped at your side, keeping level with you as you slowly climbed your way up.

You were glad you had this rope. It allowed you to stay somewhat stable as you searched for the next hand or foothold. Though the cliff provided some shade, the sun beat down on your back. Had you brought sunscreen? You wiped sweat off your brow and took a look at how far you had come.

Or rather, how not far. You were only a few feet off the ground despite your efforts. You decided to take a break and start digging into the rock. You called up to Julian to let him know you were going to stop. After not getting a response, you looked up and saw no sight of him. So much for the Teamwork Pokemon. You did notice, however, the tip of his tail hanging off the edge of the cliff, right before it quickly slipped out of view.
"Oh for the love of... Julian get back down here!!" Sypher yelled as her craned his neck outward to check for any sign of the lemur. Not seeing anything, he grunted in anger before pushing himself to scale the cliff. "Jill fly up there and keep an eye on him."

Agitated, he found the crack in the cliff that ran with the line of pegs he was attached to. Up he climbed muttering curses at the Passimian. He would briefly pause every so often wiping the sweat from his brow. As he finally reached the top, he rolled over catching his breath. He wasn't sure how long it had taken, only that the sun had left a burn and is muscle were burning from the strain.

"He... He... He... Holy Crap... Next time cave first..." He panted. Picking himself up he began to scan for either of his pokemon.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #113
Patches
Shake it!

Kyuu-Tales – You stand there thinking about everything that had transpired and feel a lot of regret. Had you only known the situation beforehand, you would have never flushed them out of their home like that. Kamri is getting further away in her attempt to catch up with the cubs so before she is out of sight you call out to her. She pauses and turns around to listen to what you have to say. “Don’t worry! I’ll bring back the mother safe and sound!” her first reaction is to smile but that smile soon fades, leaving a look of worry on her face. “Please be careful!” Is all she says before she turns back around and continues running toward the Shinx, it’s not long until you lose sight of her over one of the hills.

Now it’s just you and your Pokemon, having made up your mind you begin to head in the direction of the grove of trees to the west. For some reason, the Luxio didn’t want to keep her cubs located there so there is a good chance you may be able to find some clues around their old den. After a short walk, you finally reach the grove of trees. It isn’t too large, maybe about 30 ft. around since the plains are very open. You enter the grove, taking your time to look around and examine the area. There really isn’t much here that seems out of the ordinary, all of the trees are mostly identical and there isn’t even any undergrowth on the ground. In fact, it looks like this area has been well maintained. Since everything is so identical, you have a hard time finding the place the cubs once called home. Finally, Aiolia seems to have picked up on a scent and gets your attention by pawing at your leg and nudging their head in a particular direction once you look down. You look ahead, in the direction he had been pointing out and notice a large hole at the base of a tree. Looks like that is probably where the Shinx had their den! You get a bit enthusiastic and start to head straight for it when suddenly, the ground begins to feel unstable.

Next thing you know the ground is gone and you fall into a hole along with your Pokemon, well except for Seiza who is now hovering above you at ground level. It takes them a few seconds to even realize there is now a large hole where the ground once was. Once they do though, they also join you in the newly formed pit. You stand up, brushing the dirt off of your clothes. The pit is only about an inch higher than your height so you should be able to just pull yourself out with a little work. Suddenly, you hear footsteps rapidly approaching and next thing you know there is a tall slender man standing over you, peering down at you. “Oh wow. I was just passing by and heard a loud noise so I ran over here. Are you alright?” He bends down, offering you a hand to grab onto. “Here, I’ll help you out.” You notice that your Pokemon appear to have become a bit uneasy, but the man seems friendly enough. What will you do?

--------------------

myahoo – After finally realizing the boy hadn’t made a peep in a while, you notice the fire that is beginning to spread quickly. The Scyther is now gone and it’s just you and Wildfire left to take care of this fire before it gets out of hand. Wildfire begins to use Mud Slap, he kicks at the ground sending large amounts of mud flying into the fire. It appears to be working, the fire had spread a bit at this point so he couldn’t put it all out at once but continues to throw more and more mud at the flame covered tree. While he is doing that you keep an eye out for whoever sounds like they are approaching, you’ve figured out that it’s actually directly behind where you two are and wait for their arrival.

First on the scene is a man who appears to be in his 20’s. He is wearing a tan sun hat with a matching tan vest and has a camera and binoculars hanging from his neck. By his feet there is a Piplup who is looking up at the man waiting for instructions. “Oh, it looks like someone got here before us.” He says once he sees that Wildfire is working tirelessly to get the fire out. A woman arrives shortly after him, she is dressed just like him, right down to the camera and binoculars hanging from her neck. Her reaction is a bit different than the man that came before her once she notices that the Pokemon putting out the flames is a fire type. “Y-you! They must be the reason these fires keep showing up everywhere! I just want to be able to enjoy my honeymoon but instead we have been constantly putting out fires since we’ve arrived here! Why are you doing this!?” She looks at you pointedly.

“Calm down Sarah. That little guy is clearly putting out the fire, he’s not starting it.” The man does his best to reason with his fiancé Sarah. “Don’t try to tell me I’m wrong Hank! That Pokemon is clearly-“ That’s when Sarah actually takes a good look at the situation. She watches as Wildfire finally manages to put out the last of the flames. “Oh, so he was putting out the fire but it still doesn’t mean he didn’t start it. I apologize but I’m going to be honest with you, I don’t think you should have your fire Pokemon out of its ball in a forest if it can’t control its flames.” It’s clear that Sarah has had enough of this for one day and just wants to find someone to blame. “Sarah, I think it’s clear that they don’t have any ill intentions here.” The man named Hank turns toward you. “We had worried these fires were intentional and had put our honeymoon on hold in order to solve it. We don’t want this forest burning down, we wouldn’t be able to come here and watch the birds anymore if that were to happen.” He chuckles and his Piplup begins to jump up and down happily at the mention of watching birds.

That moment is when you hear rustling above your head once again, looking up you see the blur quickly flying from branch to branch. It’s still hard to make out what it is but it’s definitely brown and tan. It quickly disappears again and both Hank and Sarah had noticed it too. “Oh boy! I think if we follow that blur we’re going to capture ourselves a beautiful picture!” Hank says to his family with a smile. Sarah seems to have forgotten her annoyance with you and quickly runs between the trees headed in the direction of the blur with Hank and his Piplup following suit. You turn back to where the boy once stood and now you notice there are matches sitting on the ground. It clearly looks like he was trying to set you up, good thing the people who arrived were just tourists and not law enforcement. You can also see some foot prints leading away from the scene. Do you follow them? Or maybe you should go tell Hank and Sarah what really happened here. What will you do?

--------------------

Meetan – You decide that you aren’t going to stand down and take any crap from a little girl and proceed to tell her off. The little girl just looks back at you while continuing to run and blows a raspberry at you. It would seem she has some backbone, even though she is a child you cursed at it didn’t really bother her. She is still very happy she’s the one that now has a shiny Mime Jr. With each passing second she is getting further away and you really don’t have time to battle it out with Minccino anymore so instead you try to bribe it into helping you. Without waiting around to see what the Minccino decides you and Peaches begin to run in the direction the little girl went in hopes of catching up to her before anything bad can happen to Mimi.

You had completely lost sight of the girl at first, panic was beginning to really set in as you began to run even harder as your adrenaline increased. Your thoughts are racing a mile a minute so you hadn’t really noticed that you were running over several picnics on your way, so there are probably some pretty upset people back where you came from now. Finally, you reach an area with about 30 children and one adult. It looks like these children are on a field trip of some kind. That’s when you spot her, still holding Mimi tight and she looks like she is being scolded by the teacher for running off. You storm your way toward her, ready to take back what’s yours and then she looks up and makes eye contact with you. “STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!” She yells, causing the teacher to look over and see who she’s talking about.

Right then, the Minccino from earlier decides to make an appearance. It darts past you, weaves its way through all of the other children and leaps at the little girl. Knocking her over, causing her to finally let go of Mimi and sending her and the Wishiwashi tumbling a few feet away. Suddenly being tossed like that also appears to have finally made the Wishiwashi let go and it’s now flopping on the ground. The Wishiwashi, however, appears to be pretty upset with everything that just happened and fires off a Water Gun meant for Mimi, but she rolls out of the way causing the attack to hit the Minccino and getting the little girl drenched in water. The teacher is now looking back and forth from the Minccino who was furiously cleaning dirt off of the little girl as she layed on the ground, to the Wishiwashi who just hit the girl with water, and then back to you. “You would dare have all of your Pokemon gang up and attack a helpless child!?” She is shocked by what she is seeing. “I’m going to have to ask you to take your Pokemon and leave us or else I’m going to have to make you leave by defeating you in a battle. What will it be young lady?” She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pokeball throwing it to reveal a Turtwig while looking very serious as she waits to see what you will decide. What will you do?

--------------------

Rotom310 – As you walk through the hills that eventually lead to the Rose Garden you realize you are more relaxed than you have been in a long time as you think back to what led you here. You were unable to resist after Zylia had made a most unexpected request, you found that you couldn’t say no. Especially since it was completely out of character for the shadow Pokemon to want your help with anything, maybe this journey will help bring you two closer in the end. Also, if any place is going to help a Roselia remember something, it would make the most sense for it to be a Rose Garden that does it.

After a long hike across the hills you’ve finally made it to the entrance of the garden. You can see that this is a place that really attracts tourists because there are plenty of people sniffing the flowers and enjoying the sights. It seems that most of the people are gathering around the center where there are beautiful rose bushes trimmed to look like Pokemon. One of the bushes is shaped like a Roselia and it makes you smile thinking about the one you have on your team. You make your way through the crowd, noticing that there are many different colored roses everywhere from the standard red to even ones that are rainbow in color. Roses aren’t the only flower this place has to offer though, as you come up to a sign post you notice the base of it is surrounded with purple tulips. The sign goes on to explain about the royal flower queens of the garden, one in particular that stands out to you is queen Roserade, who watches over the northwestern part of the garden. She is a similar species to the Pokemon that led you here which peaks your interest but you are drawn out of your thoughts by a sudden crash.

You look to your left where the sound came from and see an overturned flower cart with flowers now sprawled across the ground and an elderly man working to pick them back up. He is wearing a green apron with gardening gloves hanging from one of the pockets as well as what appears to be a variety of gardening tools sticking out of them. Based on that cart and his apron, he is probably a gardener that works here and picking up all of those flowers is taking him a lot of time, maybe because of his age. What will you do?
Old 07-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #114
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Raves:

You detailed the events you and your Pokemon had experienced, the young woman’s face looking more and more concerned. She moved to your side to look at Tori, taking note of the mushroom you were holding and its effects on your Pokemon.

“I’ve heard of this before,” she nodded somberly. “Paras are very docile Pokemon, but when the evolve and that mushroom takes over…” The woman shuddered at the thought.

You instructed your Sandshrew to clean up some of the damage in the area. Dutifully, he stuck his claws deep into the soil and began to Till it, bringing fresh soil to the surface where new plants might get a chance to grow. The Roselia looked delighted with Glasspine, and surrounded him once more, likely showering him with compliments.

“Well thank you for protecting these sweet Roselia, I’m sure the Queen Roserade will appreciate that.” The brown-haired woman said with a smile. She was looking over the mushroom you had retrieved. “I know this is called ‘tochukaso’, it's the kind of mushroom that Paras carry. I’m afraid I don’t know too much about it though. I’m usually over with the Petlil…” She paused and seemed to be lost in thought. You watched as realization spread over her face and she spoke again.

“I know someone who can help! He shouldn’t be busy right now, so I could take him to you if you’d like?” She looked back over to your Pokemon. Glasspine had sat down, looking exhausted. “Oh but your poor Pokemon, would you like to heal them up at the ranger’s cabin first? I could meet you there if you’d like.”

She stood and dusted off her apron, then went to collect the fallen Roselia in her arms. They looked to be still conscious, but their eyes were still a blank white. “I’m Petunia by the way. I didn’t get your name?”

As she waited for your answer, the Roselia that had gotten your attention before approached you. It placed one foot behind the other, then gave a deep curtsy. The flower looked incredibly grateful to you, not to mention impressed with your strong Pokemon.

Sandshrew gained 2 Levels!
Nidorina gained 1 Level!

As Alex explained the situation, the woman's concern only grew as Tori remained motionless save for breathing, as she explained the docile nature of Paras and how evolution changes their behaviour as the mushroom takes control. He had it figured out, given that fungi spread through spores, and his concern only grew as she identified the mysterious mushroom as tochukaso, which grew on the backs of Paras.

As the discussion continued, the Sandshrew began to till the damaged ground, turning over fresh soil to promote the germination of new seed, the surviving Roselia once again complimenting the dutiful yet tired ground type for the support to the garden. As the woman began to think, Alex looked over the mushroom and then to Tori once more, with further concern. Given the stance with the Parasect, she's probably infected with the spores...

His thoughts were interrupted by the woman once more, with the realisation she knew someone who could help, before advising he head to the ranger's cabin to recuperate after the fight, and while he was initially against the idea of rest when the Nidorina and Roselia were infected with what was likely a parasitic seed, the weary wave of Glasspine notified him that rushing around wasn't the best plan. Collecting the fallen Roselia, the woman introduced herself as Petunia, before waiting for his response.

"Ah, right. Alex, my Sandshrew there is Glasspine, or Glass, while Tori over there's my Nidorina," he replied, before retrieving the poison pokemon's ball and recalling her, more to try and delay the mushroom's effect than anything else. The Roselia who had approached him earlier gave a deep curtsy, grateful for his help and yet also impressed at his two pokemon. "You're welcome, little one, but the danger's far from over. You have my word however that I'll find a remedy for your friends before anything gets worse. Anyways Glass, a trip to the cabin would do us well, you could use a little rest while we try and get in contact with Petunia's friend."

With all said and done, Alex nodded to the gardener, asking her to lead the way.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #115
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan – You decide that you aren’t going to stand down and take any crap from a little girl and proceed to tell her off. The little girl just looks back at you while continuing to run and blows a raspberry at you. It would seem she has some backbone, even though she is a child you cursed at it didn’t really bother her. She is still very happy she’s the one that now has a shiny Mime Jr. With each passing second she is getting further away and you really don’t have time to battle it out with Minccino anymore so instead you try to bribe it into helping you. Without waiting around to see what the Minccino decides you and Peaches begin to run in the direction the little girl went in hopes of catching up to her before anything bad can happen to Mimi.

You had completely lost sight of the girl at first, panic was beginning to really set in as you began to run even harder as your adrenaline increased. Your thoughts are racing a mile a minute so you hadn’t really noticed that you were running over several picnics on your way, so there are probably some pretty upset people back where you came from now. Finally, you reach an area with about 30 children and one adult. It looks like these children are on a field trip of some kind. That’s when you spot her, still holding Mimi tight and she looks like she is being scolded by the teacher for running off. You storm your way toward her, ready to take back what’s yours and then she looks up and makes eye contact with you. “STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!” She yells, causing the teacher to look over and see who she’s talking about.

Right then, the Minccino from earlier decides to make an appearance. It darts past you, weaves its way through all of the other children and leaps at the little girl. Knocking her over, causing her to finally let go of Mimi and sending her and the Wishiwashi tumbling a few feet away. Suddenly being tossed like that also appears to have finally made the Wishiwashi let go and it’s now flopping on the ground. The Wishiwashi, however, appears to be pretty upset with everything that just happened and fires off a Water Gun meant for Mimi, but she rolls out of the way causing the attack to hit the Minccino and getting the little girl drenched in water. The teacher is now looking back and forth from the Minccino who was furiously cleaning dirt off of the little girl as she layed on the ground, to the Wishiwashi who just hit the girl with water, and then back to you. “You would dare have all of your Pokemon gang up and attack a helpless child!?” She is shocked by what she is seeing. “I’m going to have to ask you to take your Pokemon and leave us or else I’m going to have to make you leave by defeating you in a battle. What will it be young lady?” She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pokeball throwing it to reveal a Turtwig while looking very serious as she waits to see what you will decide. What will you do?
Even after all of this time, Alice was hardly the fittest person in the world, but adrenaline and desperation fueled the chase. Breathless apologies were called out to trampled picnics and interrupted miscellaneous gatherings, the baby mouse leading the charge with twitching ears and nose. Eventually, Alice found the girl-- and her class. Oh, fuck this.

"Stranger danger?! How dare you!" As an adult, she should have been the better one, but Alice was beyond furious. Big blue eyes glared daggers, and as luck would have it, the combined efforts of Miniccino and Wishiwashi freed Mimi, who ran crying to the blonde's ankle. Alice scooped her up, and with a loving kiss and apology, let her sit in her bag with her head bobbed out. Safe.

"What actually happened was that girl tried to steal my Mime Jr! Isn't that right, Mimi? And she didn't even notice or care that that wild Wishiwashi was trying to hurt her-- she just ran off with it attached!" Alice declared, and the tearful psychic nodded along, lip quivering. "And that happened after Peach and I saved her from the Miniccino! But when we realised that she was a thief, we asked the Pokemon to help us find her! But if you're going to insist on making assumptions, and excuse criminal behaviour from a lying student in /your/ care, then I'll quite frankly battle you for the satisfaction!"

Plucking a Love Ball from her bag, the young woman hurled it into the air, and out from it burst a flurry of hearts. Out of the lovely display was an extraordinary Abra: like the Pichu, its body was entirely pink. As far as anyone was aware, Axel looked to be in a perfect slumber.

"How's this?"

----
Trainer Name: Alice Hope
Partner Pokemon (Please state no more than four and no less than one, Attacks/Stats not needed): Swinub, Torchic, Pineco, Bagon
Please list the following themes in order of importance (1 Being Most-Important, 4 Being Least Important): Unique > Elegant > Cool > Cute

Last edited by Meetan; 07-04-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #116
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

lilbluecorsola:
There was excitement in the air as Jess and her quartet of grass Pokemon entered the Rose Garden. Volunteers were diligently preparing for an upcoming festival, scurrying back and forth to deliver supplies and other sorts of things. Intrigued by it all, Jess caught sight of a flyer and made her way over to sign up for the festivities. Filling out the registration slip, she included the names of her four little grass Pokemon, who watched her expectantly.

Once that was taken care of, the group began to wander around the garden and take in the sights. Freshly watered, the flowers glistened in the sunlight while the hedges stood tall and trimmed to perfection. After a short while of walking around, Jess could hear a melody of sorts, but upon closer inspection she could notice that the tone was a bit off. Eventually the source was discovered; a quartet of Flabébé and their composer Comfey. Once their haphazard song practice ended, Comfey let out a concerned sigh.

Jess was unsure whether she should meddle in the small fairy Pokemons’ affair, but after an encouraging nudge from Lance, she spoke up, catching their attention. The small Flabébés turned around, using their flowers like shields nervously. There was a red flower, an orange flower, a white flower, and a blue flower. When Jess offered her assistance to whatever was troubling the group of fairies, they all relaxed and the Comfey hovered forward. “Fey! Fey!” it exclaimed with a frown, gesturing to the group of Flabébés. They sounded off once more, “Fa!” “So!” “La!” “Ti!” before they stopped abruptly and stared longingly at an empty space in between the orange flowered Flabébé and the white flowered one.

Comfey coiled her tail around and pointed at one of her yellow flowers. She then pointed to the east, at a small orchard of fruit trees, tears nearly welling up in her eyes. From the looks of things, they must have been on an excursion in the orchard but were separated from their comrade, the Flabébé with a yellow flower. Comfey then hovered around Jess in a circle before gesturing to herself. If Jess would be gracious enough to help look for Flabébé in the orchard, Comfey indicated that she would tag along.

Muyotwo:
Muyo let out a sigh of relief as his first Pokemon battle in quite some time came to a close. He congratulated Yon Elekid on a hard fought battle and returned the electric Pokemon back to his Pokeball. Turning his attention back to the Farfetch’d, Muyo prepared to throw a Pokeball at Kennegi. However, the bird noticed this and gestured to the mountainside. While he had recognized Muyo’s abilities as a Pokemon trainer, Kennegi had unfinished business that he needed to take care of. Pleading his case to Muyo, the trainer relented and offered to see him through to the end of his story.

Watching the exchange unfold, Samuel smiled. “Good for you, huh, Ken?” he grinned, gripping the hilt of his axe. Muyo then asked Samuel the specifics on how they would be able to go up the mountainside. “Let’s see,” he replied, scratching his beard, “The best way to go up is by going up the Starline Waterfall, just west of here. However, in order to gain access to that, you need to clear two of the trial challenges here in the Cloud Garden. Lucky for you, you don’t need to look too far for one of them!” Samuel let out a laugh and gestured to himself.

At this point, Kennegi seemed to get as fired up as he was during the battle against Yon Elekid. “Woah, not too fast there, Ken! You’re going to wear yourself out!” Samuel reached into his satchel and pulled out an Oran Berry, tossing it to the Farfetch’d. Kennegi eagerly caught the berry and downed it. The effects were almost instant, reviving his health and energy like a Senzu Bean. Samuel then continued his explanation, “Well, it looks like Ken’s ready to help you out. C’mon, let me show you to the trial site. It’s not too far from here.”

As they began walking through a trail in the forest, Samuel added, “My trial is basically a competition to see who can cut through a big log the fastest. Here’s the catch though; we’ll be using three Pokemon, and only one of them can cut the log at a time. The other two can either try to disrupt the other team’s Pokemon or try to defend their own cutter. The Pokemon are permitted to switch roles between cutter and battler, but cutters aren’t allowed to fight on a turn that they are cutting.” As he finished talking, they had arrived at a clearing in the forest where a giant fallen tree lay before them. It had already been cut on both ends, leaving a perfectly cylindrical log about twenty feet long. “So what do you say?” Samuel asked, “Think you’re ready to take on the challenge? If you need some time, I’ll be ready whenever.” Kennegi looked up at Muyo to see what he would do. If Muyo did wish to take on the trial, the Farfetch’d was volunteering himself to participate as one of Muyo’s three Pokemon.

Trial Specifics:
Objective: A 3 vs 3 competition where one Pokemon attempts to saw through a fallen log while the other two may either defend the Cutter or attack the opposing team’s Cutter. First team to successfully cut through the log wins.
Rules: Issue commands to your Cutter to saw through the log. Alternating attacks will hone your technique while repeating attacks will dull your technique. The two battling Pokemon may attack the opposing team’s Cutter, or defend your Cutter from the opposing team’s Battlers. Cutters may not battle while they are cutting. Once per update you are permitted to shift roles between Cutter and Battler at the beginning of your turn.
Competition Field Description: In a small clearing in the forest, a large fallen tree rests on the ground. It has already had the roots and the branches sawed off, forming a perfectly cylindrical log. Cutters must cut on opposing ends of the log, about 20 feet apart. A dense forest of trees surrounds the area.

Naruxami:
Elka was elated as Mochi was able to finally bring down the nasty Fearow. Congratulating her Skitty, she returned Mochi back to her Pokeball to get some much needed rest. With that order of business taken care of, she turned her attention back to the tree branch where the cowardly Teddiursa had been perched only to find the cub missing. Elka panicked for a moment, thinking that she had missed her chance and the Teddiursa was gone, but the brown cub was soon enough spotted making its way down the hill, slowly pushing its picnic basket along.

Limping over to the Teddiursa in order to catch up to it, Elka scolded the little cub for running away. Teddiursa turned around and looked up at her, tears in its eyes. Elka was taken aback, and as she took a moment to contemplate what was wrong with the cub, Teddiursa wiped away its Fake Tears and picked up its pace, dragging the basket along a little faster. However, in its haste, the Teddiursa missed a small stone in its path and tripped over it, spilling the contents of its basket in the process.

Getting up to dust itself off, Teddiursa noticed that it had accidentally squashed a bunch of the berries that tumbled out of its basket. It looked at them in a state of panic, its eyes welling up with real tears this time over the loss of the berries. The berries seemed quite important to the Teddiursa, so this was a huge loss. It frantically searched through the remaining contents of the basket, but it was a lost cause. There were no berries left. Teddiursa collapsed on his read and began to cry. What will Elka do?

Jerichi:
The Lilligant queen looked at Lucas expectantly as he bowed and spoke of his mission. Upon mention of the Roserade queen, Lilligant’s gaze turned east and her eyes narrowed for the slightest of moments before her expression returned to normal. Lucas then mentioned his desire for a seed which Roserade had tasked him with procuring. “Lill…” she muttered quizzically, thinking to herself.

Lucas waited for a short moment while Lilligant contemplated in silence. It almost seemed as if she was frozen in time, leaving Lucas and Horologie perplexed by the matter. However, she quickly snapped out of it with a devious smile on her face, which she quickly covered up. “Gant!” she declared, hopping down from her throne and began heading down a path out the back of the clearing. “C’mon, I think we should follow her,” Petunia whispered to Lucas, following behind Lilligant. As they began walking, Lucas felt a slight chill as he detected the presence of something watching them from behind. Turning around, he spotted a lone Whimsicott staring up at him innocently. “Whim?” it mused with a whimsical smile plastered on its face. As Lucas turned back forward to follow the Lilligant, he instantly felt the presence behind him disappear, giving him another chill.

The three of them followed Lilligant through what felt like a maze of hedges, and Lucas was thankful he has Petunia here or else it might seem like he would never find his way back. Eventually Lilligant stopped in a small clearing in front of another room that was walled off with hedges. Lilligant’s treasures must be in there. Lilligant then gestured for Lucas to stand in one side of the clearing. “Lill!” she called out, and the Whimsicott from before suddenly fluttered down from the sky above like a feather. It landed on the other side of the clearing. Petunia stood patiently on the edge of the clearing. “I think she wants you to battle Whimsicott first,” she explained with a smile. What will Lucas do?

Deoxys:
As he shook Samuel’s hand, Hiero formed a plan in his head of how he wanted to spend his evening. He decided that he would lend Samuel a helping hand and grab a bite to eat before setting back out to explore the forest at night for a short while. He could then tackle how he wanted to prepare for the trial in the morning. As Hiero offered to help carry firewood back to Samuel’s cabin, the woodcutter smiled. “Appreciate it.” He then handed Hiero a small stack of chopped firewood that was bundled together in rope and give Junpei a small stack as well.

The three of them made their way back through the path and headed right on the fork in the road where Hiero had previously been. After a short while of walking, they arrived at Samuel’s cabin, a quaint log cabin in the woods. The fireplace had already been lit as smoke puffed out of the chimney. Samuel tanked the two for their help and began tending to a stew that had already been boiling over a stove. He gestured to the guest room for Hiero to make himself comfortable while dinner was being prepared.

Dinner consisted of a simple potato and beef stew with a roll of bread, and Samuel made small talk with Hiero as they ate. He explained how there aren’t many places to sleep in a forest for those who aren’t prepared, so he is used to having guests stay over. After dinner Samuel cleared the dishes and lent Hiero a flashlight to borrow for the night. Hiero thanked him for the meal before setting out to explore around for a little while.

Stepping outside of the cabin, the sheer darkness took Hiero a minute for his eyes to adjust. The forest had a completely different presence from earlier in the day, almost as if he were in an entirely new area. The warm summer air rustled the leaves in the trees above while the chirping of some Kricketot and Nincada could be heard in the distance. As Hiero set out into the forest, the sound of the leaves and twigs crunching below his feet seemed to reverberate throughout the forest.

After a few minutes of walking, Hiero stopped to gather himself and make sure he wasn’t getting himself lost in the dark forest. Looking around, he noticed that the sounds of the bugs had disappeared from this area. The silence was pretty eerie until it was abruptly broken by a pair of hoots. Darting his eyes up into the trees above, Hiero spotted two pairs of big eyes staring down at him. From the looks of it, they were a pair of fledgling Hoothoots, barely being old enough to leave their roosts. One of them tottered unsteadily on the branch where it was perched before losing its balance and suddenly plummeted towards the ground. It screeched and flapped its small wings to no avail. What will Hiero do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-05-2017, 11:05 AM   #117
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Jerichi:
The Lilligant queen looked at Lucas expectantly as he bowed and spoke of his mission. Upon mention of the Roserade queen, Lilligant’s gaze turned east and her eyes narrowed for the slightest of moments before her expression returned to normal. Lucas then mentioned his desire for a seed which Roserade had tasked him with procuring. “Lill…” she muttered quizzically, thinking to herself.

Lucas waited for a short moment while Lilligant contemplated in silence. It almost seemed as if she was frozen in time, leaving Lucas and Horologie perplexed by the matter. However, she quickly snapped out of it with a devious smile on her face, which she quickly covered up. “Gant!” she declared, hopping down from her throne and began heading down a path out the back of the clearing. “C’mon, I think we should follow her,” Petunia whispered to Lucas, following behind Lilligant. As they began walking, Lucas felt a slight chill as he detected the presence of something watching them from behind. Turning around, he spotted a lone Whimsicott staring up at him innocently. “Whim?” it mused with a whimsical smile plastered on its face. As Lucas turned back forward to follow the Lilligant, he instantly felt the presence behind him disappear, giving him another chill.

The three of them followed Lilligant through what felt like a maze of hedges, and Lucas was thankful he has Petunia here or else it might seem like he would never find his way back. Eventually Lilligant stopped in a small clearing in front of another room that was walled off with hedges. Lilligant’s treasures must be in there. Lilligant then gestured for Lucas to stand in one side of the clearing. “Lill!” she called out, and the Whimsicott from before suddenly fluttered down from the sky above like a feather. It landed on the other side of the clearing. Petunia stood patiently on the edge of the clearing. “I think she wants you to battle Whimsicott first,” she explained with a smile. What will Lucas do?
Following the queen into the hedge maze, Lucas could feel tension build. It seemed that Lilligant was looking for some entertainment, in the form of a battle... This was it - Lucas's first battle as an actual trainer. He admitted to himself to being a bit nervous as the Whimsicott floated down before him. He would need to put on a good show if he were to complete his mission. But now he had to think
- Whimsicott looked to be a Grass-type; it was not native to Kalos but he had heard of it before. Out of all the Pokémon he carried, one would be the best counter - Violette. It seemed fitting, after all, that his first battle would be with the first Pokémon he had been given. He tossed out the Poké Ball, the little fox appearing in a burst of gentle light.

"Ah, we accept your challenge," Lucas announced, "euh, but, first, just a moment."

He motioned to Violette, who pranced towards him. From his backpack, he pulled out the TM Jeri had given him - Aurora Veil - and the tiny gem (which Jeri called Icium Z) along with it. With a bit of string, he fastened the crystal around her neck, and with the TM case he scanned her with the disc, teaching her the move. He also reached into his bag and took out the six Rare Candies Jeri had provided, unwrapping them all and feeding them to the little Vulpix. With preparations finished, she trotted back into position, ready to begin.

"Okay, Violette, this is it. Let's do our best, cherie. Let's summon some hail with Snow Warning. Start with a Powder Snow and defend yourself with Aurora Veil."

Member Post

Old 07-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #118
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
Patches:
Although she was disappointed that her capture of Pancham was a failure, Patches had to force herself to move on, because there were more pressing matters at hand. Thanking Mio for a hard-fought battle, she scooped the tired Pikachu up in her arms. As Ciri the Swablu circled back towards her trainer, she chirped a few times to indicate that she had found something. With her trainer now in tow, Ciri began to lead Patches in the direction of the small wooded area.

Meanwhile, things were getting just as frustrating for Kei as they were for Patches. He attempted to comfort the Stufful with only the purest of intentions, but that seemed to get the poor bear cub in more trouble with the Timburr, who did not seem pleased by the intruder’s presence at all. Timburr shoved Kei off of Stufful with a forceful push, causing Kei to Growl in anguish and then threw a small temper tantrum by flickering Embers around with his tail.

At this point, the Mankeys have stopped their sparring match to come see what all of the commotion is about. To their surprise, this Charmander is about to start a small forest fire in their shabby wooden dojo. Jumping out of the ring, they scurried about to stamp out the small flames that had sprouted around the area. By now, Timburr was quite livid while Stufful was shaking where he stood. Prodding Kei with his wooden plank, Timburr tried to get the Charmander’s attention and get him to stop flailing.

“Tim… burr!” it angrily exclaimed, gesturing to the slightly charred burn marks on their dojo. He yelled at Kei that because of the damages, Stufful’s debt was about to go way up. Unless Kei wants to take Stufful’s place in the fighting tournament, that is. Timburr angrily pointed to the fighting ring, indicating that if Kei wanted to make a scene, he better do it in the ring. As he waited for his trainer to join back up with him, Kei now faced a decision. Dare he take Stufful’s place in the fighting ring?
Kei was now feeling guiltier than ever, he let his emotions take over which had caused a scene and now everyone’s attention was on him. He looked at the poor Stufful who was shaking on the spot and cowered a bit as he got prodded and yelled at by the Timburr. He never thought that his hug could make things so much worse but it’s clear that it did and he needed some way to make everything right. Tears were forming in his eyes again as he looked at the Stufful and that was when the Timburr told him that he could take Stufful’s place in the fighting tournament. Kei was very surprised by this new turn of events. Him? Intentionally participating in a fighting tournament? If left to make his own decisions Kei has, for the most part, always been a pacifist unless Patches is the one who asks him to battle. So being given the choice on his own he is definitely going to have to turn this down. At least, that’s what he thinks at first, but he looks at the Stufful once again and realizes that he has done nothing but make things worse for it ever since they met. Kei wants to say no but he needs to be able to show his new friend that he will do whatever it takes to stick up for them. He balls his little hands into fists and mentally prepares himself. Once he is ready, he gives the Timburr a nod and walks over and steps inside of the fighting ring.

Finally, after chasing Ciri for a while, Patches has reached the gathering of trees she was leading her to. She can’t help but notice all of the Pokemon gathered together along with Kei who is now standing inside of a shabby fighting ring. As Ciri chooses a branch to stand on, Patches' worry instantly vanishes after seeing that Kei is alright and it has now been replaced with interest and curiosity. “Whoa! I wonder what Kei is doing?” She prepares to run closer but Mio jumps out of her arms and blocks her path. “Pika pi.” Mio makes it clear that they should stay back and watch things play out for the time being. Patches gets the message and stands back for now as she waits to see what it is all of those Pokemon are planning.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 07-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #119
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Brave Saix:

You struggled your way up the cliff, finding that it was a bit easier when you had a rhythm going of hand, foot, hand, foot. Jill seemed worried about leaving you alone, but followed directions and flew up to find out where Julian had gone.

The Noibat perched on the top of the cliff, noticing Julian right away in the tall, dead grass that dotted the land. He was poised in his signature stance, tail up in the air and hand wrapped around the berry he carried with him. Jill, confused, watched the scene play out.

“Pass!” Julian called out as he stood and tossed his berry deeper into the grass. It landed on a pink sphere, before being thrown back into the air and caught by Julian. He tossed the ball back to the sphere again, delighted each time it was sent back to him. You pulled yourself onto the cliff slowly, careful to not fall back down. Before you could ask Jill what was going on, she gestured towards the game of catch. You watched as the berry was tossed back and forth a few more times before Julian noticed that you and Jill were watching. Knowing you were probably going to scold him, he shamefully approached the pink sphere to retrieve his berry. He plucked it back up and began to return to the edge of the cliff where you and Jill waited.

“Whis?” Came a small sound from the sphere. It began to follow after your Passimian, yellow tipped-ears bobbing up and down. It reached with stubby arms to grab the berry back from Julian, but Julian pulled it away quickly, not wanting to share any longer. This move frightened the spherical Pokemon, who took in a sharp breath.

“WhiiiiIIIIIIIIISSSSSSMUUUUUURRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! !” It gave an uproarious cry that pierced you and your Pokemon’s ears. The Whismur’s mouth, wide open, continued screeching. You could tell that the sound was hurting your Pokemon, especially your Noibat’s sensitive ears. Julian didn’t seem to be willing to let the Whismur keep his berry, but there must be some way to console the poor thing?

-----------------

Raves:

Petunia smiled as you addressed the Roselia, thankful that you were kind to the Garden’s flowers. The Thorn Pokemon and its companions gathered together once more, and gave a small wave to you and Petunia before disappearing into a bush. With Tori safe in the Pokeball in your hand, and Glasspine at your side, you followed Petunia out of the garden. Before you left, you took a final look at the Rock Tomb that trapped the Parasect.

“It’s a bit of a walk, just so you know,” Petunia told you as you walked past clusters of rose bushes and tourists taking pictures. She looked down nervously at the Roselia in her arms now and then, but regarded you with a smile if you caught her eye

You had exited the Garden a while back, and now had come upon hilly Plains. A light breeze picked up and created zig-zagging patterns in the grass, which you could see some Pokemon poking their heads out of. Petunia led you to a cabin surrounded by a few trees. It had the iconic Pokeball logo on it, identifying it as a place where one could restore their Pokemon’s health. As you entered, Petunia went directly to the ranger manning the front desk, filling her in on why you and the Roselia were there. She dropped them off with the ranger and returned to you, then let you know that she would be back soon with the person she had mentioned before. You handed your Sandshrew over to the Ranger at the desk, who assured you she would get him back to fighting fit. You took a seat at the table while you waited. After a few moments, a Wigglytuff in a red vest placed Glasspine’s pokeball and a bottle of water on the table in front of you. It bowed slightly, then returned to its position behind the desk.

The door swung open suddenly, and a disheveled-looking man in a labcoat walked in, Petunia following behind him. She waved to you and guided the man to sit at the table.

“Persimmon, this is Alex, he’s the one who found that mushroom” Petunia explained, gesturing towards you. Persimmon squinted through his glasses, then took them off to clean the lenses. You spotted some mustard stains on the collar of his coat.

“Right nice to meet you Alan,” The man said as he adjusted the glasses on his face. You could see his eyes had dark bags under them, as if he hadn’t slept in days. The mess of dark green hair he had on his head had some pens poking out of it, and if you weren't mistaken, some plant life was tangled up in there as well.

“Alex,” Petunia corrected politely.

“Hm? Right, Alex. Right.” He muttered absentmindedly. “Right right so, tochukaso. Great find, I mean really. Such a fine specimen.” He had the bag with the mushroom in it, and was looking over it with great interest.

“Yes but what do we do about the Pokemon, Persi.” Petunia reminded. She looked like she had to put up with this often.

“Oh! The Pokemon. Yes yes….” He trailed off, trying to remember something. “Yes! Your Pokemon ate these? Not good. Not good at all. Disastrous I would say.”

“Disastrous?” Petunia gasped. She looked toward the Roselia, who the Ranger had placed in a box of fresh soil near the window.

“Quite. But um…. Not to worry! Not at all no. After all, I’ve made the antidote before. All we need is that Parasect, which you have. Of course. Right, Aaron?” He looked up at you with a grin, and pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

(please reply in lightgreen)

Last edited by morningstar; 07-05-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:27 AM   #120
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Special edition late night updates xd

Jerichi:
With the prospect of facing his first Pokemon battle, Lucas grew excited that he could put the Rose Garden espionage aside for now and focus on some action. As he started at the Whimsicott floating down from the sky, he called upon his best countermeasure against grass types, his shiny Alolan Vulpix named Violette. Before things got started however, Lucas called Violette over and prepared her with an array of items for battle, including a TM for Aurora Veil, an Icium Z-Crystal, and six rare candies, using all of them on the Vulpix.

Lilligant rolled her eyes, not usually one for waiting on others, but she allowed it anyway. Whimsicott simply stared intently at Violette the entire time, it’s seemingly fake smile never fading. Now that Violette was ready to battle, she stepped forward and squared off against the Whimsicott. As she psyched herself up to battle, a powerful wave of energy emanated from the Vulpix’s body and a chilling breeze blew across the area. Petunia crossed her arms in an attempt to warm her bare skin while Lilligant looked to the sky bemused. “Lill…” she commanded, and a pair of Petilil appeared out of seemingly thin air with big palm fronds. They held the leaves over Lilligant’s head like an umbrella and as if on cue, a couple of chunks of hail harmlessly bounced off of the palm leaves.

Whimsicott looked a little uncomfortable as the hail bounced harmlessly off of his thick, cotton-covered exterior, not because of the hail but rather the cold temperature. Violette started the battle off by breathing a Powder Snow at Whimsicott, but the tricky cotton ball was quick to counter with a Gust of his own. The winds collided and seemed to neutralize each other, but Whimsicott did feel some residual effects of the cold breeze. Violette then called upon her mystic polar energy to summon an Aurora Veil that enveloped her body, but as she did so Whimsicott quickly shot a Leech Seed at the Vulpix, tiny little vines wrapping around her body and transferring some of her life force back to Whimsicott.

Violette has taken minor damage from the Leech Seed while Whimsicott has recovered the small amount of health he lost from the cold weather. Violette has used up slightly more energy than Whimsicott, but both Pokemon are still feeling fresh so far. Whimsicott began to puff up his large cotton ball, seemingly ready to fire off a Stun Spore very soon. What will Lucas do?

Patches:
Conflicted between his inner pacifist nature and his desire to rectify the anguish he had created for Stufful, Kei eventually decided that he would participate in the Timburr’s fighting tournament. The little Charmander wasn’t completely thrilled by the prospect of getting in the ring and fighting against other Pokemon, but he needed to put his best foot forward for the Stufful and show him that he was on Stufful’s side. The Stufful nervously watched on as Kei entered the ring and rushed over to his corner. “Full...” he whimpered, making a shoddy attempt at encouraging on his representative in the tournament.

Meanwhile, Patches had been trudging through the thicket of trees along with Ciri and Mio for a short while. Eventually the three of them finally arrived at the fighting ring, and Patches was immediately overcome with curiosity as she spotted her Charmander in a peculiar position. However, Mio was able to successfully prevent her trainer from meddling in Kei’s business and likely making things worse off.

Seeing the arrival of the human and her two Pokemon, Timburr eyed them warily. It relaxed a little as it watched Mio retrain her trainer and walked over to an old rusty bell that had been carried here. With a swing of its log, the Timburr struck the bell and rung it to signify the start of the battle. Waiting to see who his opponent would be, Kei watched as a Mankey climbed into the ring at the corner opposite to him. “Kee kee!” the Mankey cried out, putting up his fists ready to go. What will Kei do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 07-06-2017, 09:58 PM   #121
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
lilbluecorsola:
There was excitement in the air as Jess and her quartet of grass Pokemon entered the Rose Garden. Volunteers were diligently preparing for an upcoming festival, scurrying back and forth to deliver supplies and other sorts of things. Intrigued by it all, Jess caught sight of a flyer and made her way over to sign up for the festivities. Filling out the registration slip, she included the names of her four little grass Pokemon, who watched her expectantly.

Once that was taken care of, the group began to wander around the garden and take in the sights. Freshly watered, the flowers glistened in the sunlight while the hedges stood tall and trimmed to perfection. After a short while of walking around, Jess could hear a melody of sorts, but upon closer inspection she could notice that the tone was a bit off. Eventually the source was discovered; a quartet of Flabébé and their composer Comfey. Once their haphazard song practice ended, Comfey let out a concerned sigh.

Jess was unsure whether she should meddle in the small fairy Pokemons’ affair, but after an encouraging nudge from Lance, she spoke up, catching their attention. The small Flabébés turned around, using their flowers like shields nervously. There was a red flower, an orange flower, a white flower, and a blue flower. When Jess offered her assistance to whatever was troubling the group of fairies, they all relaxed and the Comfey hovered forward. “Fey! Fey!” it exclaimed with a frown, gesturing to the group of Flabébés. They sounded off once more, “Fa!” “So!” “La!” “Ti!” before they stopped abruptly and stared longingly at an empty space in between the orange flowered Flabébé and the white flowered one.

Comfey coiled her tail around and pointed at one of her yellow flowers. She then pointed to the east, at a small orchard of fruit trees, tears nearly welling up in her eyes. From the looks of things, they must have been on an excursion in the orchard but were separated from their comrade, the Flabébé with a yellow flower. Comfey then hovered around Jess in a circle before gesturing to herself. If Jess would be gracious enough to help look for Flabébé in the orchard, Comfey indicated that she would tag along.
As Jess approached the composer (called a "Comfey" apparently, according to her Pokédex), she and her chorus cowered suspiciously at first, the latter raising their flowers in front of them as shields. Upon hearing her offer to help though, a collective sigh of release washed over them as they lowered their petals. Frowning, Comfey floated forward and motioned at the choir to continue, to which Jess's group stiffened, bracing in turn for another round of shrill shrieks and squeaks when the ringing in their ears had only just ceased. To their relief though, the fairies sounded off singularly this time, and individually each had an adequate command of its assigned note when asked to perform one by one. It was the absence of altitude, the highest register of harmony among their ranks, that caused the whole ensemble to collapse and fall apart.

Comfey curled her tail around, twisting in concern as she indicated towards one of her yellow extensions. (Cross-checking against a quick headcount, Jess noted that there was indeed a lack of golden luster she recalled seeing the last time she encountered a gathering of similar kind.) The Comfey then pointed to the east, in the direction of a small orchard of fruit trees. Tears emerged in her eyes as it became clear their corn-colored comrade had been separated from them whilst on a harvesting excursion.

Comfey then uncoiled fully, encircling Jess in a ring of rosies as she gestured determinedly to herself. The girl took this to mean that if she were willing to lend a hand, Comfey would willingly accompany the search party, acting as the responsible (literal) ring-leader in charge. Jess nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry, we'll help you find your friend." Turning to Hoshiko and Lilac, she added: "Hoshi, Lila, why don't you two stay here and help the others keep practicing, while Iri, Lance, and I go look for the missing Flabébé?"
Old 07-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #122
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo – After finally realizing the boy hadn’t made a peep in a while, you notice the fire that is beginning to spread quickly. The Scyther is now gone and it’s just you and Wildfire left to take care of this fire before it gets out of hand. Wildfire begins to use Mud Slap, he kicks at the ground sending large amounts of mud flying into the fire. It appears to be working, the fire had spread a bit at this point so he couldn’t put it all out at once but continues to throw more and more mud at the flame covered tree. While he is doing that you keep an eye out for whoever sounds like they are approaching, you’ve figured out that it’s actually directly behind where you two are and wait for their arrival.

First on the scene is a man who appears to be in his 20’s. He is wearing a tan sun hat with a matching tan vest and has a camera and binoculars hanging from his neck. By his feet there is a Piplup who is looking up at the man waiting for instructions. “Oh, it looks like someone got here before us.” He says once he sees that Wildfire is working tirelessly to get the fire out. A woman arrives shortly after him, she is dressed just like him, right down to the camera and binoculars hanging from her neck. Her reaction is a bit different than the man that came before her once she notices that the Pokemon putting out the flames is a fire type. “Y-you! They must be the reason these fires keep showing up everywhere! I just want to be able to enjoy my honeymoon but instead we have been constantly putting out fires since we’ve arrived here! Why are you doing this!?” She looks at you pointedly.

“Calm down Sarah. That little guy is clearly putting out the fire, he’s not starting it.” The man does his best to reason with his fiancé Sarah. “Don’t try to tell me I’m wrong Hank! That Pokemon is clearly-“ That’s when Sarah actually takes a good look at the situation. She watches as Wildfire finally manages to put out the last of the flames. “Oh, so he was putting out the fire but it still doesn’t mean he didn’t start it. I apologize but I’m going to be honest with you, I don’t think you should have your fire Pokemon out of its ball in a forest if it can’t control its flames.” It’s clear that Sarah has had enough of this for one day and just wants to find someone to blame. “Sarah, I think it’s clear that they don’t have any ill intentions here.” The man named Hank turns toward you. “We had worried these fires were intentional and had put our honeymoon on hold in order to solve it. We don’t want this forest burning down, we wouldn’t be able to come here and watch the birds anymore if that were to happen.” He chuckles and his Piplup begins to jump up and down happily at the mention of watching birds.

That moment is when you hear rustling above your head once again, looking up you see the blur quickly flying from branch to branch. It’s still hard to make out what it is but it’s definitely brown and tan. It quickly disappears again and both Hank and Sarah had noticed it too. “Oh boy! I think if we follow that blur we’re going to capture ourselves a beautiful picture!” Hank says to his family with a smile. Sarah seems to have forgotten her annoyance with you and quickly runs between the trees headed in the direction of the blur with Hank and his Piplup following suit. You turn back to where the boy once stood and now you notice there are matches sitting on the ground. It clearly looks like he was trying to set you up, good thing the people who arrived were just tourists and not law enforcement. You can also see some foot prints leading away from the scene. Do you follow them? Or maybe you should go tell Hank and Sarah what really happened here. What will you do?
While Wildfire worked on putting the fire out, Melissa figured out that the footsteps were coming from behind the two of them, so she turned to face whoever they might turn out to be.

The first person to appear was a man, about her age, in a tan sun hat, a matching vest, and a camera and pair of binoculars hanging from his neck, accompanied by a Piplup. Probably some kind of tourist, then, Melissa figured. The second person was a woman in a matching outfit and she immediately accused the pair of them of setting the fires. Melissa crossed her arms and glared at the lady. Falsely accused because Wildfire was a Fire-type, check. At least the other guy knew how to use his eyes.

Melissa let the guy deal with his wife, glancing back to see Wildfire put out the last of the flames and chirp a satisfied "Quil!" at her. He padded over to her side just as the lady, Sarah, said, "I apologize, but I'm going to be honest with you: I don't think you should have your fire Pokemon out of its ball in a forest if it can't control its flames."

Melissa immediately raised an eyebrow and exchanged glances with Wildfire, who'd put his fire out once the Scyther had run off. Was this lady for real?

"We had worried these fires were intentional and had put our honeymoon on hold in order to solve it. We don't want this forest burning down, we wouldn't be able to come here and watch the birds anymore if that were to happen," Hank explained with a chuckle, his Piplup jumping happily at the mention of bird-watching.

"Understandable," Melissa said, but everyone's attention was caught by rustling above their heads as a brown and tan blur darted away. The couple and their Piplup hurried off after it, thankfully leaving no other comments behind.

"...well, that was...irritating." Melissa looked after them for a moment, before shaking her head and turning towards where the boy had been standing. "Granted, I can understand why they came to that conclusion, but I kinda doubt they have a Fire-type of their own."

"Cyndaquil." Wildfire nodded his agreement and then tilted his head as he spotted something out of place. "Quil?"

"Are those matches?" Melissa crouched down and plucked the matches out of the ground, examining them as well as she could. "What the hell?"

There was also a trail of foot prints leading away from the scene and Wildfire followed them a few feet before turning back to look at Melissa.

"They did say something about having to put out previous fires, didn't they," she said thoughtfully, straightening up. For a moment, she considered bringing Prince out to help with them track the kid down, but decided against it. With Wildfire already out, she was probably already looking suspicious and it was only luck that it was two honeymooners who'd stumbled across them instead of rangers; if she brought her Houndour out too? It would likely end up a mess.

With a sigh, she nodded at the trail of foot prints and started following them. "Think they were trying to set us up?"

"Quil cyndaquil," Wildfire replied glumly.

"Yeah, me neither. It's too bad we don't have anyone who can track who isn't a Fire-type. That would've been nice to have right around now."

"Quil quil cyndaquil."

"Well, sure I could've, but then we'd end up finding berries or something, instead of this kid."

"...cyndaquil."

-----

And, assuming my last-minute decision isn't too late:

Name: Melissa
Partner Pokemon: Fawn (Skiddo), Vine (Snivy), Fletchling, Cirrus (Swablu)
Themes: (1) Elegant, Cool, Cute, (4) Unique
Old 07-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #123
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Welcome to the Cloud Garden, Median Dia!

Median Dia:

A sense of calm spread over the Stone Shrine as the sun set slowly behind Mt. Zephyria. Something about this time of day compelled distant Nincada to chirp. Overhead, a flock of Murkrow called to each other, planning where they would rest their wings for the night. You recall your Pokemon and walk up the few steps to the courtyard of the shrine.

The large outcropping that looms over the shrine casts a long shadow. You notice it is immediately much cooler in the shade. You are alerted to the jangling of bells and the sound of hands clapping. You spot the figure of a girl knelt at the shrine. She dons traditional red hakama and a pure white haori, her long black hair neatly tied back into a low ponytail. You observed the scene which, aside from the Carbink floating up and down next to the girl, seemed to be frozen in time.

Your eye catches something that breaks the stillness, the statue in front of the shrine suddenly coming to life and moving. The creature leaps from its perch and shakes itself off. You realize that this was not a statue at all, but the Midday form of Lycanroc. It jumps into a ready stance as a bipedal creature approaches it. The Lycanroc lowers itself, looking ready to pounce on the other Pokemon. Instead, it begins wagging its tail furiously, and jumps to lick the Midnight Lycanroc’s face. The red Rock type looks delighted, returning the kisses to the maw of the other Lycanroc. The two suddenly stop as they become aware of your presence. Though you were just standing there, the Wolf Pokemon seem wary. The pair stares you down intently.

Your goal is to attempt the trial, and you know the girl praying at the shrine was likely the Trial Captain you had heard of. Dare you approach her guard dogs, and break the concentration of the Shrine Maiden?
Nincada cries made for some decent ambiance, though Chroma imagined that they would a lot more annoying up close rather than at their current distance. Besides, they were mostly diurnal creatures- they'd be digging their ways back underground to sleep by the end of the hour. It wouldn't exactly be polite of her to yell at them while they were finishing up their conversations for the day, after all.

Finally, the namesake shrine came into view. Both it and the girl that served as its caretaker had a distinct air about them, akin to the rigid structure of ancient Kanjoh- though whether they were remnants of that time or fanciful recreations was hard to tell. Regardless what the case may be, it was obvious that she had caught the girl at a bad time, seeing as she was undergoing a ritual of some sort.

The stillness of it all was disturbed by a pair of stonelike canine pokemon suddenly springing to life and playing around as only canines can- even though the crimson one was bipedal. They stopped their frolicking as soon as they noticed the visitor's presence (how had they not done so earlier?) and quickly fixed their unhappy gazes on her- the crimson one having eyes that were literally glowing red didn't help ease the unease the glares gave in the slightest. "Relax, I'm not going to disturb your mistress," she said calmly as calmly as she managed. She sat down in a meditative position where she stood to emphasize her point. She wasn't in a hurry to get the trial done and knew better than to disturb a ritual of any kind unless absolutely necessary- if there was actual power involved, the results could be quite grisly. Besides, she had the whole night to work with- rushing things was likely to end in disaster for her, after all.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 07-09-2017, 11:11 AM   #124
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade:

Your pride in solving this next riddle so quickly uprooted the throbbing pain still in your finger. You’re back to your old self now, a brilliant scientist not stumped by riddles meant for children. You did not need to go out on a limb for this answer, it came naturally to you. There was no beating around the bush, you and Staryu knew exactly where to head next.

“HYA” Staryu exclaimed. It began to lead the way, walking particularly fast for a creature more attuned to the water. You followed close behind, knowing that the two of you were now more or less on the same wavelength. On your way in, you were focused too much on the shrine itself to take much notice of the surrounding area. You saw now, though, that you and your Pokemon were headed to a small grove of exactly what you were looking for. Trees.

A breeze blew past again, strong enough to remove some leaves on a nearby tree. The leaves swirled around you and Staryu, before continuing on towards the shrine. Though it wasn’t quite a forest, there were too many trees to count. Their close proximity to each other created a canopy above you, and the sunlight shone pleasantly through the branches. A new question began to eat at your mind: Where to look? The grove created a number of places where one could hide another scroll of paper. You pondered, and Staryu seemed to be doing the same, pointing itself towards different trees. It’s gem suddenly lit up as a gray and brown shape emerged from a knothole and scampered across the path. It came to a halt, long, brown-tipped ears perked at attention. Its large eyes widened in fear, and after a moment of calculating the best escape route, it turns and bounces deeper into the trees. Before it leaves, your sharp eyes notice that it was holding something in its mouth.
Finally, his confidence was renewed. No riddler would take the best of him! Not when he'd put in a decade of effort into his studies. Although now, a new challenge presented itself in the form of a curious grove near the shrine.

How do all these trees prosper in such an environment?

There was a famous saying in his land: "in Heiml, even the grass is stubborn." It was testament to the hardy, unbending nature of its people, as well as reference to the fact that plant life somehow could grow even in the absolute harshest of weather conditions in that country. But seeing these miniature forest rise in the arid outskirts of the Stone Shrine reminded him that impressive resolve could be found everywhere and not just back home.

Staryu was already busy scanning the area, a conglomerate of trees so close to each other that they formed a sort of natural maze - it made for a welcome and beautiful change of scenery from before, but without any further leads, it also made Rorik's job much harder than up until that point. Where could they possibly start?

Just then, the starfish emitted its strange sound to draw Rorik's attention. Looking ahead, the Professor spotted what Staryu wanted him to see: a local Pokémon suddenly appeared from behind one of the trunks and, alarmed at the presence of foreigners, quickly prepared to turn around and leave - but, more interestingly than the encounter itself, was the fact that the critter seemed to be holding something. Even if it turned out to be nothing of value, it was a clue worth chasing down, at the lack of anything more solid. And as such, time had come to recruit the aid of another.

Staryu has proven a precious partner up until this point, but if we lose that Pokémon in this grove, it will have no means of tracking it down. Fortunately, someone else does!

Dropping a second PokéBall to the floor, Rorik called out his only other partner, Gottfried's Munchlax. Yawning, his eyes suddenly sparkled at the brief sight of possible food - alive and kicking for now, but nothing that couldn't be remedied and turned into something properly delicious.

"Munchlax, did you catch a glimpse of that Pokémon? Then we need your help to chase it down," pleaded the Professor. "We'll be relying on your Odor Sleuth!"

As the bear took to the front of the group, fighting to pick up the creature's scent, Rorik and Staryu looked on with impatience - they absolutely could not let that lead slip through their fingers now!
Old 07-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #125
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

War of the Roses

The Rose Garden was buzzing with excitement on this hot summer day. The sun was shining brightly above the cloudless blue sky. A large welcome banner was strung across the archway of the entrance of the garden adorned with roses and a variety of other freshly picked flowers. Similar banners were hung throughout the garden as well as a myriad of colorful balloons tied up to various sign posts. The amount of traffic in the Rose Garden was at an annual high as a large number of tourists as well as residents of Galea Town had come to partake in the festivities. Seeing as the weather conditions were ideal, people couldn’t help making the trip to see all of the beautiful flowers as they basked gorgeously in the sunlight.

For those who were first time visitors to the Rose Garden, the garden consisted of a large rectangular plot of land that covered a vast expanse. The garden itself was divided into four quadrants in the northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest. Each quadrant was home to a different assortment of flower or fruit tree species and each one had its own ruler; the four queens of the Rose Garden. Formerly belonging to the original architect of the garden, these four queens now lived in the garden where they each established their own version of monarchy to rule over their domains. Roserade oversees the roses in the northwest, Lilligant over the lilies in the northeast, Tsareena over the fruit trees in the southeast, and Bellossom over the sunflowers in the southwest. All four flower queens had their own set ways, which usually ended up clashing in a difference of opinion. Most notably of all, it was obvious that they would not agree on which of them would be called the most beautiful flower in the garden. This subject ultimately became the reason why everyone had gathered today.

As visitors made their way to the center of the garden, a large ornate gazebo stood before them. The building was painted white and large enough to double as a stage; all of the outdoor furniture had been moved to the side in order to accommodate for the event today. Tall vine covered trellises ran up the support columns on the outside of the gazebo, which stood tall as the elevated building featured a staircase in the north, south, east, and west in order to access it. Like the entrance of the garden, many decorations had been placed around the gazebo.

The main attraction of the event for today was a fun filled competition consisting of games and contests all in order to see which of the four queens would represent the garden as the fairest of them all. Several Rose Garden volunteers collected event registration forms from hopeful applicants in the crowd and brought them up to the gazebo where they would be tallied and sorted. Once it was time to get things going, the four lead gardeners of the garden stepped forward at the top of the stairs of the gazebo to address the crowd of people and Pokemon.

~~~~~~~

The first of the four gardeners was a young woman in her twenties named Petunia. She had chestnut colored hair tied up in a bandana while an apron covered the rest of her clothes. Petunia always wore a friendly expression on her face as she was always eager to help out a traveler in need. She had a soft spot for observing the different flower queens of the garden and the squabbles between them. Her area of expertise rested on Lilligant’s quadrant in the northeast.

The next gardener up was an older gentleman named Poppy. He had a small frame with white whiskers on his face and a green beret on his head. Poppy liked to think of himself as an older man who still kept up with the trends and interests of the younger generation. He was still young at heart and likes to have fun with everyone he meets and is not above playing the occasional prank or two. He watches over Roserade and the rose quadrant in the northwest.

To the right of Poppy stood the next gardener, a 30 year old man named Persimmon. He had a tall and thin frame that was covered by a dirty white lab coat and a pair of thick glasses on his face. His hair was a dark green disheveled mess that looked as if he just rolled out of bed. Persimmon was the resident botanist of the garden, having moved to the Cloud Garden in order to study the diverse ecosystem of the Rose Garden. He is a bit scatterbrained most of the time, his mind often a tug-of-war between a number of different research subjects he was studying. His main field of study lies in Tsareena’s fruit orchard in the southeast.

The final gardener who stood on the far right was Peony, a teenage girl with hair that was dyed pink tied up in a long ponytail on the side of her head. Peony was a fashionable girl who always kept up with the latest trends. She wore a white blouse and a black skirt with a pink sweatshirt tied around her waist. She wore a number of accessories as well, including a pink scrunchie around her wrist. Peony took up working at the Rose Garden as a part time job to fund her shopping sprees and often wears a charming façade to hide the fact that she dislikes manual labor. She is in charge of Bellossom’s area in the southwest.

~~~~~~~

Approaching the microphone stand that was set up at the top of the staircase, Petunia addressed the crowd. “Good morning everyone! To all of those who have traveled near or far to get here, welcome to the Rose Garden! My name is Petunia, and I’m joined here by Poppy, Persimmon, and Peony. We have gathered here today for a very special event. It’s time to find out which flower is the fairest in all of the garden, but even more important than that, let’s have some fun!” She paused for a minute while the audience applauded. “Now then, without further ado, let’s introduce the contestants!”

The four gardeners parted to stand on the sides of the staircase, revealing the four flower queens who were standing behind them on the gazebo. As they stepped forward, each of them acknowledged the crowd in order to show off their best side. Bellossom waved to the crowd with a cute smile while she twirled her grassy skirt. Roserade struck a pose like a model and dazzled the crowd with her cool beauty. Lilligant stepped forward and gave the audience an elegant curtsy. Finally, Tsareena crossed her arms and showed off her long legs in a unique fashion.

The four of them stepped down to stand on the gazebo steps, not making eye contact with each other as Petunia approached the microphone once again. “And there you have it, folks! Our four most beautiful flowers of the garden! Last but not least, I would be remiss to leave out our wonderful sponsor for the event, heiress to the Nightingale estate and benefactor to the Rose Garden, Miss Primrose Nightingale!” Petunia clapped and stepped to the side as a young girl of about 12 years of age stepped forward from the back of the gazebo. She had long sandy blonde hair and wore a white sundress with a matching white sunhat on her head. She had a sleepy expression on her face, but she smiled to the crowd and gave a friendly wave. Behind her stood a Florges adorned with a mane of white flowers who elegantly bowed to the crowd as well. The four flower queens looked up at their former master’s daughter expectantly. One could almost notice a nostalgic longing in each of them for a brief moment before Primrose and Florges stepped to the side.

Peony received an envelope from one of the garden volunteers and handed it to Petunia. Taking the mic one more time, Petunia addressed the crowd once again. “Alright folks, it is finally time to announce the teams that will be competing today! During each of our contests during today’s event, these contestants will represent our four flowers on different teams, and the winners of each event will be awarded points for their team! Additionally, each individual contestant will have their own score tallied up, and there will be a special prize at the end for the individual with the most points!”

Petunia then opened up the envelope, revealing a list of the teams that were sorted for the event. “First off, we have Bellossom’s team! Representing Team Bellossom we have Jessica, Melissa, and Hiero! Next up is Team Roserade! Representing Team Roserade is Seiko, Sypher, and Drew! After that is Team Lilligant! Representing Team Lilligant is Lucas, Rorik, and Alex! Last but not least we have Team Tsareena! Representing Team Tsareena is Elka, Chroma, and Alice! Let’s give a hand for our teams!” The audience cheered along accordingly as Petunia finished speaking.

The four flower queens looked at their team members expectantly before departing to return to their home areas of the Rose Garden. Petunia handed off the microphone to Poppy grinned and waved to the crowd. “How is everyone doing today? My name is Poppy and I’ll be the host of the first event. What is it you ask?” He reached behind his back and produced a large water balloon. “What better way to beat the heat than to cool off with a little water!” Poppy let out a hearty laugh and tossed the balloon up into the air. A couple audience members gasped in fear of getting hit, but the balloon harmlessly splashed on the ground at the foot of the staircase hitting no one in particular.

“That’s right, folks! We’ve got ourselves a water war! The goal of the game is to take out the other three flower queens and the last team standing will be our winner! If you’re hit, you’re out! In this event, every contestant will send out a Pokemon to participate. Every round participants will be given one water balloon and the option to either target one of the other three camps or defend their queen, and when the round is over, they must return to their home base in order to refill. Several Pokemon from each area will participate in the event as well. Now then, let’s split up into our teams and get this thing started!”

~~~~~~~

The four gardeners then split up and gathered their groups together. Peony took Team Bellossom to Bellossom’s domain in the southwest. Poppy took Team Roserade to Roserade’s domain in the northwest. Petunia took Team Lilligant to Lilligant’s domain in the northeast. Persimmon took Team Tsareena to Tsareena’s domain in the southeast. Once they arrived, the gardeners notified their teams that they would be there to supply the Pokemon with water balloons each round and answer any questions the contestants might have.
Team Bellossom: lilbluecorsola, myahoo, deoxys
Bellossom’s domain consists of beautiful flower beds and walls of tall sunflowers that are perfect for hiding. Accompanying the team is a Sunflora, who will stay behind to defend Bellossom and two Glooms, who will go out to attack other teams.

Team Roserade: Kyuu-Tales, Brave Saix, Rotom310
Roserade’s domain consists of orderly walls of hedges covered with beautiful roses. They are straight and orderly in rows, so they’re easy to maneuver, but make good bunkers. Accompanying the team is a Jumpluff who will stay behind to defend Roserade and two Roselias who will go out to attack other teams.

Team Lilligant: Jerichi, Maskerade, Raves
Lilligant’s domain consists of a disorganized, chaotic maze of hedges adorned with colorful lilies. It’s easy to get lost if one isn’t careful. Accompanying the team is a Whimsicott who will stay behind to defend Lilligant and two Petilils who will go out to attack other teams.

Team Tsareena: Naruxami, Median Dia, Meetan
Tsareena’s domain consists of a beautiful orchard of fruit trees of every imaginable kind. Some trees are big enough to hide small Pokemon up in its branches. Accompanying the team is a Cherrim who will stay behind to defend Tsareena and two Steenees who will go out to attack other teams.
Now then contestants, it’s time to start the first event! Please send out one Pokemon to use for the entirety of this event and give them orders to either defend their queen or to attack another team! Please specify which team you wish to attack if you do so. The time limit to reply is one week from now, on Sunday, July 16th. Best of luck!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records