UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 03-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Inukami!

Has anyone else heard of this series? Apparently it was aired last year from April to September, yet I don't remember anyone ever talking about this show. My roommate downloaded the first episode last night just to try it out and it was crazy. I highly recommend it to people just to see if it's their sort of humor or not. Um ... but yeah, here we go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon's summary
Youko is an inukami, a Canine Deity or "dog god" who assumes the form of a beautiful human teenage female with a long furry tail. She "belongs to" and at the same time "is the master of" Kawahira Keita, a teenage boy who fights evil spirits that wreak havoc in our world. The two have an interesting relationship wherein Keita is sexually attracted to Youko but does not want to date her whereas Youko wants Keita to be her boyfriend but only uses her sexy good looks to tease him. Looks like a romantic comedy of sorts. With tons of fanservice.
One of the first scenes in the series places Youko and Keita in the same bedroom with a very humorous, very sexually suggestive bit of dialogue and scenery going on. (My roommate actually almost stopped the video at this point! And I jumped off my bed to get a closer look! XD He who hates hentai, and I who love it ...) But the show isn't a hentai anime -- even the naked men (of which there are comically plenty) have their private parts censored out.

A lot of sex jokes.
A lot of sexy Youko.
A lot of silly battle animations.

I'm going to watch a few more episodes before forming a final opinion, because having just seen the first episode, I don't know what to think. Do I love the show? Or is it just another mindless fanservice comedy with no real depth to it? We'll just have to wait and see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inukami!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Re: Inukami!

I'm guessing the latter but there's nothing wrong with that.

I like it when exclamation marks and stuff are a factual part of a show's title. Like Negima!? and PUNCH OUT!!.

There's a town in Quebec called "Saint Louis du HA HA!"

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I thought I would say, I never got through Episode 2. Too much manmeat. I'm told that the show cuts back on the naked men the more you get into it, but ... I think I've had enough. The show is basically poorly-concealed (if concealed at all!) furry. Not saying that I hate furry, but furry for furry's sake is annoying because it means the material (be it a doujin or an anime) has no other redeeming features. It's just something to get furries' libido going and that's it. To me, furry (as a "genre") is something which ought to be treated like the icing for a cake and never as the cake itself.

My roommate, last I heard, was halfway through the show.

A mutual friend of ours, last I heard, loved the show but was also only halfway through.

*shrug*
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Aww....Inukami's not that bad. Sure, it has alot of manmeat, but it's not too much to make someone sick. I personally see it as amusing as a matter of fact. The episode 18 ending (I think I gave a link of it somewhere in my suggestion box) was one of the greatest endings ever, and it was nothing but manmeat. Come on Suigin, I know you don't really dislike manmeat do you

As for the furry thing. That's only a few episodes. If you would pay attention, Keita (the main character) hates furries because he doesn't want dog babies. This show isn't purely furry.

This is a very funny anime (well, some moments are annoying, but the good outweighs the bad). It also has some excellent characters like an underwear thief, an insane otaku (I love Keita's DBZ like battle with him =D), an evil villan with a deadly "6 inch cannon", and many more. I of course rated this as a very good and I don't take that back.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime