UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #26
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I feel like Ability Patch removing an ability is fine.

But I think the other effects requiring specific caveats attached to them (like no Eevee line crap or Fizzy forms being a thing) should maybe disqualify them. At the moment, given the possibility of Fizzy Forms and potential evolutions to lines, I'm leaning towards a hard no still.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:19 AM   #27
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

With Regional Variants, we can easily say that they're only valid if the form is a branch in the evolutionary line (i.e. Raichu can have Surge Surfer because it had a choice between the two forms when evolving, but Corsola cannot have Perish Body because outside of name, it's effectively a separate line altogether). Since all of the entrants in the Fizzy Fright Fest covered the entire evolutionary line for their submissions anyway, codifying that into an actual rule in future competitions would let this prevent any Ability Patch-related cheese from that side of things.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #28
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I think the best thing with patches is just ability removal. Trying to get into semantics about explicit exceptions just causes the mechanic to be a lot more convoluted than necessary.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-19-2021, 05:41 PM   #29
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Coming in here as A moderator:
Ability Capsules will now be live for 1,000$ purchasable at the Dept. Store with the text included that it can change a Pokemon's ability to one's choice given that the Pokemon can have that ability naturally A announcement along with the items will be up sometime soon. In the meantime, This thread will remain open for further Discussion on Ability Patches.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:02 AM   #30
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
I think the best thing with patches is just ability removal. Trying to get into semantics about explicit exceptions just causes the mechanic to be a lot more convoluted than necessary.
Since it's been over a month since there was a post here... Does anyone have any objections to Ability Patches just being a Held Item that neutralizes the Pokemon's Ability?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-23-2021, 07:01 PM   #31
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Since it's been over a month since there was a post here... Does anyone have any objections to Ability Patches just being a Held Item that neutralizes the Pokemon's Ability?
Am cool with this.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:56 AM   #32
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
No personal Qualms

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 06-24-2021, 07:35 AM   #33
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Yes. While this is likely fine long term, I am against putting these out in any capacity at the moment as FB's economy is already in massive flux. It can wait a couple months until we have a solid idea of where the game needs to go moving forward.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development