UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 08-07-2019, 03:43 AM   #176
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

So.. I was hoping to have time before I left but I'm literally on an 8 in a row splint before I fly out for my vacation so I don't know if I'll be updating before September.

I'll try, but I'm just so tired... sorry for everyone waiting on me.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:44 AM   #177
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Hey guys, I know I'm not holding anybody up on updating, but you should probably know when one of your mods needs a break.

Recently a man was arrested in Norfolk on a red flag law because he expressed that he wanted to commit a mass shooting. He is virulently transphobic and it's come out (and I'm not even really supposed to know this) that there is good reason to believe he would have targeted the trans community on campus. I'm not uh, taking this too well so I am going to take a break for this for a while until this continiual feeling that I narrowly escaped death goes away.

I do plan on returning, but I'm not sure when. Sorry for this y'all.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:27 PM   #178
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Just figured I'd let y'all know that, as of today, I'm resigning from my position in the Hatchery. May the RNG of life treat y'all to the best rolls. I'm off to do mysterious, unnameable things, as is my nature. Hope to see y'all around.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:19 AM   #179
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hey guys! Just giving you a heads up that I'll be off to my semi-annual visit to CB's place for a couple of weeks soon, so during that time I won't be able to tend the calendar or the Boutique.

At worse, any SO or mod can feel free of updating the calendar in my absence. As for the Boutique, well I'm sure it can wait!

See you guys around! ^^

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:43 AM   #180
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Uh oh, where's Naru?

I'm severely depressed and the only advice I'm getting from people I know in real life is "stop feeling sorry for yourself all the time" but y'know... I'm allowed to be upset after finding out I wasted 5 years of my life in a direction that doesn't work out for me.

I'm taking a long hiatus from updating. I will likely not be updating again until some point in the New Year, as I dropped all my next semester classes. I'm not sure at what point in the new year and a lot of it depends on my mood. As such, I am not giving a date other than "approximately 2020". I need to focus on myself first and at the moment roleplaying really isn't bringing me the same joy it once did.

There was a point where I debated quitting Fizzy all together because I am literally miserable and I feel like although I've been part of this community for a long time... I feel like many people see me as only someone that updates their adventures and not as a person.

I no longer have plans to quit Fizzy, but as previously stated I do intend to do the bare minimum for a while. I'll still be on the discord to talk and answer questions and I'll still be doing the daycare every week (and hopefully remembering my Pokemon's birthdays) but that will likely be it until I can get my shit together. Hopefully everything will be back to normal on the Naru end in a few months and I can update and work on my own adventures again.

If you want your adventures in DG or AR to progress without me or to abandon them and move onwards all together, that is completely fine. With AR, you are free to ask someone else to take you over. With DG I'd prefer if you reached out to me first (as it is my zone) so I can see if either of my updators would be willing to take you.

Thank you for reading.

~ Naru
Old 01-20-2020, 06:17 PM   #181
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Hi everyone, if I could have your attention for just a moment here. I need to break some bad news. As of today, I'm going to be stepping down as moderator of Fizzy Bubbles. This decision has been on the backburner for a while now but some reflection on events that have happened in the last three or four months have cemented my decision. I need to spend 100% of my time and energy on myself and my schooling. I need to devote time, energy, and motivation to my schoolwork as the end of my Bachelor's degree finally comes into focus. I need to focus on my health (I have several health problems that need addressing currently and I also need to seek potential diagnoses for ADD and to see if I'm on the spectrum). I also need to devote time to my job and my passion, and that is going to eat enough time out of my ability to moderate that it's become clear that I should do the right thing and step down. Most of what has stopped me is a sense of pride and a fear that stepping down might lead to the loss of the values and viewpoints that began May of 2017 with the election of the first moderation team. But my stepping down from moderation will not mean I am leaving the community. I still intend to participate and potentially time willing update, and in addition, I have every intention of being loud and vocal about what I think the correct path for Fizzy Bubbles is, for better or worse.

I want to take a little bit of time to talk about what moderation means to me and the lessons I've learned from it. My departure may lead to someone else filling this role, and I want to leave behind something that can be helpful and informative for a new moderator, or to people who might moderate elsewhere. To start from the beginning, I want to talk about what it means to moderate. Back when I joined Fizzy Bubbles, the moderation team had already distanced themselves from the community and viewed the community as hostile, annoying, and confrontational. They viewed both moderation as an obligation but also as a VIP club, where gifts could be exchanged freely and corruption was unpersecutable. There was a clear air of favoritism towards the mods and anyone who they deemed worthy. It was an elitist, top down structure. A moderation that believed it was their responsible to keep FB running, and that they were the only ones who were either capable enough or allowed to. I view moderation as something completely different from that. Moderation isn't an obligation, its a service. As a mod I tried to make sure to put the community above myself, that I remembered that I wasn't given a position of power and importance but rather that I needed to work for the community. I was told that moderation was the quickest way to hate a community, and while there has been and always will be certain members I don't get along with, on the whole I learned that the community we have is quite competent, understanding, and cooperative. I fell in love with the community and realized what a positive, supportive community looked like. I created systems I wasn't going to benefit from because I had difficulties consistently playing, I worked to create fair systems, and when opportunities came up, such as becoming a ZA, I participated fairly like everyone else. I listened fairly, and while I'm not always the best at doing this, I did try to defer to the community opinion. Moderation has been a fantastic privilege, and the reward has been a thriving community. Our community might not be very big but its 2020, and that to me is an accomplishment.

The goal was to have a decentralized structure where moderators could really focus on their job, and that's moderating. Cultivating creativity, working with the community on new ideas, and being the voice of discipline. I think that has been more than accomplished. I'm quite proud of the legacy that the new FB has. While there are ways to improve, a damn good job has been done. I'll say it again: being a moderator of this community has been a fantastic privilege, and it is only my hope that the idea of moderators as community builders instead of authoritarians takes hold in more than just FB.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:48 PM   #182
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

So. The current situation will demand my almost permanent stay at work for the next few months. My daughter will be going away to live with my wife's parents until the epidemic in Portugal ends, whenever that is. Odds are very high that I'll be infected, but low that it'll be serious. Either way updating is off the table until further notice, I'll still try to order in the raids I'm in not to drag everyone down. Hope you understand, I'm... emotionally not in a very good place right now.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:43 AM   #183
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

I recently watched Marie Kondo and something about her words about sparking joy really put a lot of things into perspective for me. One, is that I have a lot of things in my life that do not spark joy at all… but rather add to my numerous stressors. The second that I realized, was that Fizzy was one of those things.

This has been long coming, probably since about August of 2019. During my period of being upset and angry with myself over school, personal life, etc. I turned to Fizzy for an escape, which is what it used to be when I first joined. However, as time crept on I slowly began to find myself feeling more and more overwhelmed by everything regarding Fizzy. What used to be an escape where I was able to roleplay and feel at ease had turned into more of a chore. Moderation duties, high expectations, being one of the few active updators. These are all factors that began to pile up and make me dread even opening up UPN or the Discord most days. When gyms were first introduced, I was super excited. It was another avenue to escape into… but slowly this too became a chore as my work schedule only ramped up further and further and I was finding it more and more difficult to even have time to myself.

I used to feel like I couldn’t leave Fizzy. It would leave way too many things high and dry, such as the other two moderators… my zone, my shop, my updatees. And I used these as a motivator to stay. However, I found myself growing frustrated at my own lack of free time, as well as my own… motivation slowly seeping away. I vented to friends about feeling frustrated that the thing I used to love was making me feel so drained, to which one replied: “then… why still do it?” Normally I’d think to mention zones, lack of updators, or something of the like. But… my mind drew forth nothing.

I realized I was sticking around for all the wrong reasons, and I wasn’t thinking about the most important person in all of this: Naru. I know that leaving… abruptly, will leave a lot of things up in the air. And, I do not mean to sound cold with how this is worded, I’m no longer letting that bother me. I have been miserable and stressed for the last three months, with the only thing actually keeping me sane and happy being my new group of friends as well as my loving boyfriend. With Fizzy doing nothing but adding more stress. Roleplaying wasn’t even appealing anymore, and everything felt more like a chore than actual fun. I love my characters, I love my Pokemon… but nothing about Fizzy was making me happy.

Don’t get me wrong here, I love the Fizzy community. I love all of you that are reading this, but… it’s my time to move along. I preach to other people to take breaks if they need to, and not to force themselves to do anything if they’re stressed/dealing with things --- so I think it’s time for me to follow my own advice for once in my life. But I wanted to at least give a reason for my departure and mention a few things with this long notice. I would also like to mention that… although with everything that’s been going on in my life this may seem sudden and like a bad idea made on impulse… I’ve had most of this typed up since December 2019.

For starters, to the moderation team: I’m sorry to both Gary and TKF. I did not approach either of you before posting this nor did I mention any serious ideas about leaving Fizzy. I know it seems cowardly and… well, unprofessional. But I was worried both of you would try to talk me into staying when I had basically made up my mind. I know, again, that me leaving leaves so much high and dry --- but I need to do this for me and I only hope that the two of you can forgive me and understand. I also want you both to know that I took care of everything regarding this, including messaging Kuno and Enzap on the BMG side of things.

To the community: Again, I love all of you. I’ll be leaving the discord shortly after this is posted, but that doesn’t mean goodbye. Any of you are free to add me as a friend and continue chatting with me, heck, if you have any servers you want me to be a part of just shoot me the link and I’ll be there.

Final Notes: As I need to do this, I will.
  • Dialga’s Gate is being relinquished to Lit. He may do what he chooses with it.
  • The daycare will be unmanned. Talk to Gary or TKF if you want the job.
  • My Pokemon are not up for adoption/trade. Although I have no plans to return, it is possible that I may do so in the distant future and would like to return to the team I’ve grown attached to.
  • Updatees, yeah, you’re the ones hit the worst by this. I don’t know how things are going to work on this end, especially considering me leaving just leaves Fizzy with even fewer updators.
  • Gym: yeah, my gym will vanish as well. Sorry to make you use a spot this month but I was really just hoping that something would relight the spark I once had for Fizzy.

And... I think that's about all I needed to say. I wish you all luck in all your future endeavors, and I hope that Fizzy will continue to flourish.

- Naru.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #184
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

This just might be because I'm currently stewing as a result of my own shitty temper, but honestly I'm not really sure if I should stay, either.

I honestly just feel like an outsider despite how open and welcome things truly are around here. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up with forums and forum culture. Maybe it's because I make myself hard to understand and in turn that makes it hard to understand others. Maybe I'm just a bad person.

I feel like this place is living in the shadow of worse times. Everywhere I go where the topic of FB and it's direction comes up. "TessB". "thank god we're nothing like it was when Tess was around". I'm not gonna say anything qualitative about Tess. I don't know them, I don't know what it was like, but I know that it's a haze looming heavily over this game and perceptions of it. I think this is contributing to my feelings of alienation.

I've always been an ideas person, I've always been a systematized person. I love systems, I love learning them, breaking them down, understanding them and putting them back together. This isn't to say that I'm also not a writer. I love writing, with or without this kind of mechanical analysis applied to it. The aim of that analysis isn't a want for people to listen to me above anyone else, but it is rewarding when people say there's a good point or two within all of my ramblings, certainly.

I feel like applying that passion and analysis to FB is like bringing up a sore spot, however. I know part of that is how I communicate ideas, but a lot of my suggestions feel like they've been met with pushback because it resembles TessB in some way. Again, I don't know if it's true, but considering how long and on people talk about how much "better" FB is and what we aren't doing anymore, it certainly feels like it. I don't think that's intentional on anyone's part. I think it's just a result of people who know the forum more than I do reacting to ideas that were perhaps tried before and didn't work, or would compromise some of the ideals that are now held in utmost importance to distinguish this version of the forum from a worse version that people don't want to go back to.

Feeling like your ideas are adjacent to a forum supervillain that you've never met is already one thing, but I guess another is that there's not really any drive here to be involved. There's no failure state for not updating, and I know that's a game-y way to interpret this all, but like I said, that's how I process a lot of my outlook on the world around me. I've always thrived and found the most satisfaction under an environment of challenge. Social conversations can be like a puzzle between two people, work is not only like a series of games, but in ways it's a challenge to optimize the time you take doing tasks. Too much pressure cracks me, but too little doesn't reward me, either.

I'm not saying that there should be punishments or whatever, just that the fact that there isn't anything here to push me to post also feels like I'm not really a part of the community, just an accessory to it. I wonder about how many people, especially those who don't use Discord, even know me or think much about me because of that lack of drive to participate.

The big straw that's currently threatening to break my back here is this:
Quote:
The reason why we have things available outside of zone is because not everyone has the time to write a reply or update, but still want to be able to progress in FB. That's a good thing. Raids have been a good thing for the community. For a genre of game where burnout is a constant, having these other ways to plays is important. Does that devalue the aspect of writing a reply or update? No, not at all. But if you're of the opinion that is makes adventures obsolete, then I hate to say it but this is probably not the game for you at this time.
I feel like this might be the truth. That FB isn't for me, and that I should leave. You know the saying: "If everywhere you go it smells like shit, maybe it's time to check your own shoes". I can't force FB to conform to my perceptions or preferences, nor would I want to make the game worse for other people just for my own satisfaction. So... The dissatisfaction has to be my own to deal with.

Not to mention, I just don't think I'm a pleasant person to be around. I lose my shit easily. I'm long-winded. I don't really let other people in on my train of thought and just kind of converse to myself about nothing. I'm always correcting people, I'm always trying to be the rightest person in the room, often to the detriment of the topic. I don't really feel adequate enough to be someone to depend on when I can just as easily fly into a rage to tell you to fuck off and die over a misunderstanding, or even just a shitty day. If Connor is reading this, he knows exactly what I'm referring to, and I just want to say I'm sorry for reading negatively into what you said, lashing out at you so harshly for what shouldn't have been a heated argument.

To the people who are still waiting on updates: I'm very sorry. I know CG has a really bad reputation of being unreliable and closed all the time and I was just another dry branch thrown onto that fire. I don't know how exactly to help fix that because all of my attempts to get things moving has ended in a total of nothing getting done.

I dunno. I'm not leaving yet, I don't really have the spine to throw everything to the wind when FB is going through rough shit. This is more of like a vent than anything. Is there a point to any of it? I have no clue, like I said I have no intentions of forcing people or things to change for me, maybe I just want the attention. I really have no idea other than the fact that I need to say something.

We're in some really shitty times. All I can do for now is sit indoors and wonder at all the things I've said and done and what I should do with myself. I hope everyone stays safe and finds something fulfilling for them to do in the meantime while the world rides out this absolute omen of a new decade.

Last edited by ShadowDRGN; 03-17-2020 at 02:32 PM.
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #185
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Seems I can't commit to this anymore. Not at present, and to be honest, not sure I want to in the future. Not that I don't love this place, I absolutely still do and will miss this game dearly - but I need to review my priorities for good, what with everything that happened and continues to happen around me. FB, and the internet in general, can't continue being a place where I devote the majority of my free time. It's just not something I want to do anymore, when I could be spending that time with the people I care about.

Best of luck to you all, and here's to the continued success of this lovely game, which has kept me engaged for the better part of eight years between accounts. Cheers everyone!
Old 09-01-2020, 06:58 PM   #186
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Okay, the burnout of closing two zones has really kind of caught up to me. I'm taking a week break from updating specifically just so I can get the creative juices flowing.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 09-01-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:09 AM   #187
Lil'twick
Insanity

So, life's been pretty shitty lately for me and I'm not really feeling up to do Fizzy Bubbles for a while. I'm going to finish my raids and the Halloween event this month, and maybe update once more to hit bi-monthly, but I'm not going to be primarily active besides that. I'm looking to return in full in November, but just wanted to give the community that heads up.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #188
Connor
Flashbacker

Been tapped out courtesy of the election. Give me two days or so to properly destress and I'll get updates out.
Old 11-06-2020, 06:11 PM   #189
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Second wave of the pandemic is absolutely kicking my ass at work, much more so than the first one. November will not be a productive month as far as creative writing is concerned. Apologies in advance to updaters and updatees, please understand. I'll still be around in a minor capacity (because FB is always a nice escape), and hopefully I can get back into the swing of things sooner rather than later. But right now... I'm pretty exhausted and the tidal wave still hasn't even hit us in full over here.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:43 AM   #190
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Alright, I’ve probably dragged this out long enough...

As most of you know my life is pretty hectic nowadays and is only going to get more so once we welcome our little bundle of joy into the world. I’ve been feeling like I need to step away for a while. I first came to FB at a time where I didn’t really have much going on in my life. Thankfully that’s changed, but I’m really thankful for the sense of belonging that FB granted me. It’s been an absolute pleasure participating in every aspect of FB. I won’t be completely gone, I’ll hang around the discord and may pop in every now and again. If I’m currently updating you in an adventure and you’d like to continue it, find an updater and I’m happy to pass on what I had planned. Also please don’t ask about my Pokémon, they’ll be staying put. Please be supportive of Gary as he goes about hiring new mods. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to return, I dare say I’ll miss the creative outlet after a while.

Best Wishes

TKF

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:19 PM   #191
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hey guys got a pretty bad cold over the weekend. Sorry I've been slow updating my raid by its hard to concentrate atm and I might not be able to update it until I'm better. I'll try to keep things updated, but it'll take a little longer than normal.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-14-2021, 01:41 PM   #192
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Just a note that I'll not be online from now until near the end of the month, since I'll be moving. This of course means I have to drop out of both raids I'm in, with apologies. I will deign to finish the current LB raid by the end of the month.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:47 AM   #193
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Hey everyone, just a quick update- the power grids in my state have been shut on and off for the past couple of days and until they are 100% restored don't have high expectations that I will respond back to you right away. I'll try to get to everything when it's possible but other than that please remain patient, thanks.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:31 AM   #194
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Hey. I'm gonna need to step away for a bit, hopefully not too long but... a while. To those updating or being updated by me, it's ok if you don't wanna wait around, but I'll be glad to resume where I left off if you're willing to wait. Cheers
Old 04-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #195
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Alright, it’s my turn now, but I’m going to keep things as civil as I can despite how much this has hurt me. I don’t think anyone could ever question the amount of blood, sweat and tears I’ve put into the game over the last few years. I did so for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. I left recently, then game back because I honestly couldn’t see myself not being part of this community. That changed yesterday, due to the actions of a handful of people. Do I think Gary didn’t say anything? Nope, I’m sure he did. Is he any different than me? Nope, I’ve said plenty of things about people on here who have struck a nerve with me at some point or another. Have people on here said horrible things about people on here to me? Yep. The thing is, this is a social game and everyone is going to have conflicts and want to speak to someone about how they feel and usually they’ll turn to someone they trust and will understand them. As I’ve said, I’ve done it, Gary did it, I’m sure everyone in this community has, to varying degrees. Some people will say Gary could’ve just apologised and we could’ve moved on, but he was never going to be given that opportunity, because this was a witch hunt from the get go. If you take notice of the people who are choosing to leave the community after this, you should probably consider why they’ve decided to do so.

If it hasn’t been made clear enough that this was all a planned assault, let me make it clearer.

Naru was welcomed back with open arms by Gary and myself. When she left we were both shocked and upset, but we were happy to see her back. To my knowledge, both of us had nothing but positive interactions with her since she returned.

Alice had mentioned to me multiple times in the past that her and Gary didn’t have the best relationship. Alice is someone that I’ve confided in at times and at points considered her a friend, although I’ll admit that recently we haven’t talked a lot. The other people that got involved I’m half confident didn’t intend to cause harm through it. Pretty much most of what Emi said was true, although some comes down to her personal perception. I personally had no issue with her not updating but I felt like she was disconnected from the community and wasn’t fulfilling her duties at the time. I do appreciate everything she did post Fizzylution. Shadow I have no idea where all that came from.

I’m not sure whether Alice intended this blowing up like it did and doing this much damage, but I’m certain Naru had every intention of causing as much damage as possible. If you don’t think this was a calculated attack, just look at the timing. She waited until Fizzypendence day for optimum impact, even having the nerve to wait until Gary finished the event that he’d spent months working on. If she really had such an issue with him for so long, why wait as long as she did to do something about it? I’m not saying she didn’t have anything to be upset about, but it is clear that she didn’t want this resolved, she wanted to cause harm.

Now the next part I can’t decide whether it is collusion or simply being opportunistic. Lit was the only other mod online when the real stuff went down, PP had gone to bed. His excuse for not getting involved is horrendous. His first job as a mod is to make sure that everyone in the community is safe. He sat back and watched as multiple people were dragged through the mud by both sides. Once it was clear that things were getting out of hand, he could’ve easily muted all parties and moved things into a private chat, or for the parties to wait for PP to be on so he’d have support to solve the issue. Instead he sat back and let the community turn on each other. Add in the fact that I have it on good authority that he was aware of this bubbling behind the scenes and you’ll see my issue here. He was then exposed when Gary dumped his screens, showing Lit is just as accussable of the sort of things Gary was. Speaking of screens, shall we discuss possibly the worst piece of acting ever witnessed? Mid dispute, in rolls Sniz, valiantly defending Gary. Not many of you would know their relationship, but its far from positive, especially considering the drama that occurred behind the scenes in the days leading up to the end of the festival. So Sniz puts himself up on a pedestal, a man of honour, someone whose word we can trust. Receives the ‘evidence’, of Gary’s transgressions, quickly flips over with a “yeah this is bad, we need a Vote of No Confidence”. Surely no one is blind enough to believe this. I’m sure there is evidence, but I sure as hell don’t trust the word of one person who is closely linked to those involved and has everything to gain from a power struggle.

Where to from here for Fizzybubbles? I really hope you find a way, if only for all the innocent parties involved here. Can’t express enough how disappointed i am that things played out like this, you all deserved better. Moving forward though, there are a number of things you need to consider.

Lit as Moderator- Failed to conduct his duties as a mod, was aware of the issue prior to it happening, has been shown to be guilty of the same thing Gary was (albeit with an incredibly weak excuse). If you want to rebuild, Lit should stand down and be re-elected. If the community wants him to continue, they’ll elect him again.

Moderator Election- Lit can’t be the only one to receive the votes. I plead for the community to request at least 2 community elected officials to receive the votes. A reminder that there are 5-6 people in FB that live in the same ‘house’, one of which is currently in power, the other has clearly been vying for power. Has a massive potential to swing votes and community decisions moving forward. You need to consider who is capable of putting the communities interests ahead of their own self interests. There are already a few candidates that I’d consider fit this criteria and bring a different element to the mod team that the community needs. Connor has experience, he pulls his weight and knows how to make the hard decisions. Enigma is young, but has grown in FB over the years. LBC has the trust of the community, knows where FB has been so can help to get it where it needs to go.

Apologies

The community- for the way this was came out and was handled. I’m aware a lot of the community has mental health trouble and this can’t have been an easy experience. If you’re not travelling well, please seek help and do something that gives you joy.

Blu3shift- man that was a whirlwind of a 2 weeks but it reminded me why I love RPing. I’m really sad I won’t be able to continue what I started, but thankfully I’ve left you in a position where it should be easy for someone else to pick you up once the dust settles.

People I’ve talked about behind closed doors- Plenty of you but please know that none of it was meant to cause harm, it was simply my way of unloading stress. From memory…..
Dragons- I had real issues with you when you started, didn’t like the way you approached things but over time I moved past that.
Danny- Pretty much the same as the above
Zorchic- Same as above
MM- I alway took issue with your ability to reply like lightning but dig your heels in when it came to updating even though it was clear you had the talent. Occasionally I needed to vent this out. There were other times where I didn’t like the way you went about things and needed to talk it out with someone.
Zelphy- There was a period of time where I thought you’d really matured and I got along alright with you. Recently you’ve driven me nuts.

Thankyou and well wishes
Thank you to this community for giving me a place to be creative and grow over the last few years. I’ve got this community to thank for a lot. I’m certainly more open-minded, I’ll be the first to admit that when I first joined UPN I was pretty bigeted and set in my ways. The people I’ve interacted with here have really opened my eyes and I can’t thank you enough for that. I won’t be deleting anyone, if anyone wants to reach out for more information or confront me about things I’ve said, I’m happy to do so in a clear and respectful manner. If at some point, the ‘evidence’ of Gary’s transgressions are shared to the public, I’d appreciate being shown them, just so I can have some sort of closure. I was always going to stick by my friends, warts and all. I’ll be heading off at some point within the next 24 hrs, once I’ve gotten all my loose ends tied up.

“This was not Fizzylution II, this was an un-Civil War” - TKF 2021

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #196
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Ho-oh

After taking the last few days to reflect on everything that went down on Discord, I don’t feel like Fizzy Bubbles is somewhere I want to spend my time any longer. As such, I’m going to be stepping down from my position as the GL for the Ancient Aerie as well as an updater and have decided to take my leave from the community and game too.

It’s been a blast rekindling my love and passion for Fizzy Bubbles during the pandemic and I will miss the game itself but it feels like the right time for me to head out at the same time. To the few friends I have remaining in the community, I’ll hopefully catch you again one day but in the meantime i’ll be around on Discord or social media.

Stay safe, be kind to one another and be careful who you put your trust in.

- PP/Zak
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #197
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Hey guys! This goes both for the people updating me and the ones I'm updating: I'm currently in the process of moving, so anything beyond pick up posts at the shops that I can get done on mobile is gonna have to be put on hold for now... sorry about that!
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 10:01 PM   #198
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Hey,

In the pursuit of finding something better to do with my time than wasting away endlessly scrolling through social media, I'm abstaining from checking Discord until I can fill that habit in with something else. I'll still respond to the occasional ping and the like, but for now please consider me off the grid.

I'm definitely still open to participating in FB, just pretend that it's 2013 and that I'm simply not going to be on top of every single reply/update/whatever that gets thrown my way.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:19 AM   #199
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Normally I would make this sort of announcement over Discord, but I'm gonna put it on the forum because I know not everyone I update for is on there, at the moment.

Starting on the 19th, I will likely be away from FB entirely until the 26th of June. Long story short, my mom has been working weekdays in my old hometown for about a year, but has asked to be transferred back to her old position starting in July.

I haven't been to that town in over 10 years, so this is my last chance to spend some time there and catch up with family there. While I will have internet, I will likely be out most of the day, so I won't have much time for writing.

Also, I know I haven't exactly been a speedy updater since March. I've talked about it before, but 2022 has been particularly rough to me, both medically and mentally. I feel like I'm on the verge of slipping back into depression again, and without meds to stabilize, I'm pretty much forced to try and use whatever coping mechanisms are available to me.

I will try my best to get as much work done as possible before my break, but please understand if I don't get around to certain things and have to leave them 'till the end of June or start of July.

I appreciate everyone's patience and support <3
Old 09-24-2022, 06:14 AM   #200
ShadowDRGN
Cascade Badge

Hurricane Fiona Update

Hey guys. This is gonna be a bit of a more literal absence notice than usual.

It's daylight again, and we managed to stay safe through the night. Morning assessment is mild damage to the roof and yard, but it was... terrifying, frankly. I couldn't stop thinking to myself how if anything happened, nobody I care about would know. I'm glad I have the opportunity to let you all know I'm okay.

The entire province of Nova Scotia is without power. I don't know when it's coming back, but it could take a significant amount of time. I'm burning data on my mom's phone to type this, and due to 2FA I can't log into Discord rn.

I will try to check back in tonight, but I will likely not be responding to any messages until I have power again. Wish me luck, and thank you for all the support last night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out