UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #7051
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It's really strange. The way I figure it ...

If they published the same amount of each book: the earlier the volume, the harder it should be to find. People often buy just Volume 1 of a series. People often buy the first few volumes but then stop. People almost never skip the first few and start in the middle.

If they published fewer and fewer copies as the volumes continued: the later the volume, the harder it should be to find. If Book 6 is hard to find, Book 7 should be even harder. Book 10 should be all but impossible.

But neither of these two are the case. It's Book 6, uniquely, that is sold out everywhere. Only Book 6. Every other book is "common as dirt" and can be found for prices ranging from $10 to $13 routinely, all beneath the MSRP of $15.

I wondered if it might be scalpers. But ...

If scalpers were sucking up all the available copies of Book 6: then one would expect to see more resales (at jacked up prices) on eBay and the like. There are only eight vendors on Amazon right now. Only three offer the book in new condition. There are zero on eBay -- zero -- and none on Craigslist in Lafayette, Indianapolis, or the areas 150 miles nearby them. No one is reselling this book. It seems to be enjoying an authentic scarcity problem right now, one that your average scalper would find too tempting not to get in on.

So are the three New condition vendors on Amazon the three scalpers for the entire planet? Or is it something else?

It's just a really strange situation. Book was available for $10 as recently as November. Now it's vanished from every corner of the English Internet marketplace.

Like I said before, I'll probably have to just settle for a paperback to tide me over while I'm reading. I can always try and get a hardback for collector's purposes down the road.

EDIT: It is done. Went ahead and ordered a paperback copy in New condition off of eBay for $15 plus free shipping. More than I would have originally liked to have spent even on the hardcover version, but this was probably going to have to happen sooner or later and so I figured I might as well jump on the $15 new one since everywhere else I look people want me to spend $18 @ free or $14 @ you-pay-S&H (Amazon being in the latter camp) for Book 6 paperback. May as well save $3 and have the peace of mind that I'm not going to be without a physical means by which to read the book.

So now all I have to do is wait for a hardcover copy to come along, bid on it (assuming eBay), win it (assuming eBay) / purchase it outright (anywhere else), and then re-sell the paperback book I just purchased. Might lose $3-$6 along the way to S&H costs and eBay and PayPal getting their cut of the booty, but I've decided that's an affordable price to pay for the peace of mind that I at least have all of the books in my possession.

Last edited by Talon87; 01-09-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:07 PM   #7052
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
This looks promising so far. Neat premise, with writing good enough to make you think the obvious isn't so obvious. Let's hope this show keeps it up!

I also have some stuff from the previous season.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? S2
This was a pleasant treat. A cute moe-moe SoL that's still heartwarming and funny. This show really cranked the moe in high gear. The entire show was freaking diabetes inducing. I will miss it.

Yuru Yuri S3
This was okay, but not as good as the other two seasons. It still had its funny moments, but the whole thing seemed dumbed down. Though that's not entirely a bad thing, since some of the gags in the previous seasons I hated, this one made them less obnoxious. Sadly there was no "AKARIIIIIIN!". They should have kept some of Masahiko's gags.

Also Eiyuu Senki is translated, which I thought would never happen. I remember it having a translation project a few years ago, but it was C&D'd. Not sure what this has to do with Rance, but I think there's a connection somewhere. Atleast a character on the cover looks like Rance.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #7053
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Musaigen no Phantom World

It was just alright, could definitely get better though since I really like the premise. Hopefully they're able to develop Mai more than "walking pair of bouncing breasts" and actually make the fairy something more than annoying and pointless. Like, they didn't even bother explaining why she was there which imo kinda should've been done from the start? At least on a very basic level? But meh I love KyoAni and it's a really pretty show.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:06 AM   #7054
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
Divine Gate

It looks alright but hasn't really got all that much going for it from ep.1 apart from the MC's backstory. Also, I noticed Natsu's VA is the fire guy (I forget his name).
Old 01-10-2016, 03:27 AM   #7055
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Dagashi Kashi

Looks-wise, this reminds me of Dangan Ronpa. Perhaps lower budget, but the art is comparable.

Watching this anime is asking to slapping a horse's arse. It's amusing in theory, and looks like a good idea. Then you get kicked in the face and are full of regret until sometime afterward, when you can laugh about it. The only time you don't laugh is as your nose is being depressed into your cranial cavity.

Basically, the show is dull and dumb. It's cute, so I watched it, but it was painful. Now that I'm done, I can make fun of it. But there is no joy in Mudville, so I won't watch anymore unless the story breaks out as a hentai suddenly and out of nowhere.

Man, I sure picked 'em. And no way am I watching that KyoAni show.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #7056
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Bubuki Buranki

So, this anime is quite different from quite a few this season in that it appears to be completely original. The start of Ep.1 is kinda slow-paced and the whole premise is easy to understand but seems to be another 'magical weapon' anime. If anything though, the animation is very different and it is actually kinda bearable.

EDIT: Almost forgot, it also has mecha creatures.

Last edited by Chiko; 01-10-2016 at 06:42 AM.
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #7057
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicRein View Post
Bubuki Buranki

So, this anime is quite different from quite a few this season in that it appears to be completely original. The start of Ep.1 is kinda slow-paced and the whole premise is easy to understand but seems to be another 'magical weapon' anime. If anything though, the animation is very different and it is actually kinda bearable.

EDIT: Almost forgot, it also has mecha creatures.
>original
>magical weapons and mechs

Rein bby pls
Old 01-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #7058
Talon87
時の彼方へ

By "original" he means it isn't based on preexisting source material but is instead an original creation of the anime studio's. His word usage is perfectly fine.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #7059
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Speaking of original, remember last season where we had the same anime based on a light novel airing twice?

Well, apparently Japan is going for a threepeat.

Check this, Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL
Lux, a former prince of an empire named Arcadia that was overthrown via a rebellion five years earlier. Lux accidentally trespasses in a female dormitory's bathing area, sees the kingdom's new princess Lisesharte naked, and incurs her wrath. Lisesharte then challenges Lux to a Drag-Ride duel. Drag-Rides are ancient armored mechanical weapons that have been excavated from ruins all around the world. Lux used to be called the strongest Drag-Knight, but now he's known as the "undefeated weakest" Drag-Knight because he will absolutely not attack in battle. After his duel with Lisesharte, Lux ends up attending the female-only academy that trains royals to be Drag-Knights.
This is amazing comedy, so hilarious I could watch it ten thousand times and be no less amused. Kudos to the Trans-Pacific Partnership for encouraging the recycling of pre-existing plot ideas and using litigation to create the illusion they're original.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-11-2016, 12:03 AM   #7060
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Schwarzesmarken

This is kind of like the "Fate/Zero" of Muv-Luv Alternative's universe. You know it ends in tragedy, so watch how the tragedy unfolds.

Those who thought the real-world Soviet Union and Communism fell without a fight will be pleased to see it die a violent death, along with the rest of humanity, in this anime. It's deliciously evil and brutally jingoist, depicting the last Winter East Germany ever saw as one that snowed oil and blood.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-11-2016, 01:02 AM   #7061
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Speaking of original, remember last season where we had the same anime based on a light novel airing twice?
I still want to argue that they're different but that is really only at the end, also, Asterisk is gonna be a split-cur while Rakudai has no S2 revealed.
Although I do realise they are essentially the same otherwise, except for the MC in Rakudai actually choosing a girl.

Anyway, Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R looks to be a decent comedy but can anybody vouch for that? Laptop is being too laggy for anime watching.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:32 PM   #7062
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
something something winter season sucks; something something fuck cliche
I've come to the conclusion that stating this opinion ahead of a fair bulk of first episode releases was a mistake on my part. While yes nothing stands out this season to me as "HOLY SHIT THIS IS GREAT", there seems to be an alright amount of shows. Also, while not "great" per say, I recently watched an episode of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, this show catching my eye.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

I'm not sure if this is taking the VR MMO route, but if so it's doing a brilliant job of it. This "not sure" is coming from the fact that they haven't flat out stated anything yet, with only hints and nods to modern day technological advances, such as the cell phone. Rather than giving just the MC the unholy plot magic that is bullshit amnesia, they gave everyone bullshit amnesia, then proceeded to drop them in what you would think to be a fantasy MMO world (but fuck man we don't if that's the case yet) where it's survive or die. It's kind of entertaining, with some interesting humor, and outside of a few moments, hardly any raunch. I will say though that the raunch that was there was entirely unnecessary, and could have been spent better by setting up the plot more. Despite this and a few other flaws I can't be fucked to mention since I'm incredibly tired atm, this show has some potential, and I'm interested to see where it goes from here. It also has no CGI so far, which is always a plus.

Spoiler: show
The show opened up with the main party of 6 getting completely boned by a singular goblin, the supposed weakest enemy in the world of Grimgar. It was kind of funny.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:01 AM   #7063
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I saw Grimgar myself. I expected to hate it, but the slow-ish pace and less blatant RPG mechanics have made it more enjoyable than similar MMORPG-style anime. Really, the mere presence of those rules weighs the anime down, otherwise it would be pretty interesting.

It's also got its (small) share of cute girls. My goodness, when did I sell my soul for moe? I know I "gave up" about 4 months ago but it's pretty darn extreme now where the main advertising point of a show are the cute girls and their personalities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIM
DCD: Grimgar is apparently full of QTs
BBB: That name is very offputting
I totally understand where he's coming from. You can't properly verbize the title.

"Which Grim would you Gar"?

That makes the anime sound incredibly manly.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-12-2016, 12:10 AM   #7064
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Quote:
"Which Grim would you Gar"?

That makes the anime sound incredibly manly.
I now fully expect genderbent versions of those girls.

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:58 AM   #7065
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm

So, I'm liking this and I'm only up to 10:57/24:01 which means that it is doing it's job already, kinda. A massive appeal is the moe girls which I'm a sucker for. Finished Ep.1 and I recommend this.

Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R

Seems decent and has alright comedy while being a parody of magical girl anime, I'll keep with it for now.

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

You know what? I'll take one for the team and watch essentially the same anime a third time, I may not make it out alive.

Last edited by Chiko; 01-12-2016 at 02:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #7066
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut

I'd regret taking one for the team if not for the moe girls which I've already said to be a sucker for. This is basically Seikoku no Dragonar but with mech suits or it seems that way, and that isn't even original anyway.

Last edited by Chiko; 01-14-2016 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:42 AM   #7067
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just finished Book 2! (The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi) A few brief thoughts in case Essay-Post never comes:

Thank God for having seen Kyoto Animation's version of the finished film so many times. Really helped me to visualize where we were and to tolerate the uncertainty of the film's plot during production.

The epic climax, where Kyon makes to mightily slap a bitch, felt a lot less important in the book than in the TV series.

The book never has Shamisen speak on camera. My favorite scene of the entire movie appears to be a KyoAni addition!

I had forgotten the exciting DRAMA at the end of the book where the three factional representatives start to privately shittalk about one another to Kyon. (Mikuru warns Kyon not to trust Itsuki, Itsuki warns Kyon not to trust Mikuru, and Yuki most neutrally warns not to trust anybody -- herself included.)

Can barely keep my eyes open. Time to go sleep.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #7068
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A few additional things.

The franchise's length: Yuki has often told me that Tanigawa didn't originally intend for Haruhi to become a book series. After I finished Book 1, I kinda protested against this view. I was willing to agree that he probably didn't intend for it to become a 10-book series, but I felt that Melancholy and J.K. Rowling's own Philosopher's Stone bore enough resemblance to one another in terms of open-endedness, world-building, and so on that, much like Rowling's own Harry Potter series, I could believe that he hadn't intended for x many books but that he had definitely hoped for at least y many, where y > 1.

In Sigh's afterword, however, Tanigawa explicitly states that "spending only three seconds to come up with the title The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi has left me with a series title that doesn't seem quite right. I didn't expect this to become a series." Bold emphasis my own. If he's to be believed, then Tanigawa had only intended Melancholy to be a one-off novel. He never saw as far ahead as Sigh, much less Disappearance, or if he did then he did not imagine writing them down and publishing them for all to read. I still find it hard to believe, but it is what it is: the author himself is claiming what Yuki's always told me.

Boredom's place in the world: According to this same afterword, Tanigawa didn't so much write the third book in the series as he was "encouraged" to compile a series of short, world-building stories he'd submitted to The Sneaker magazine in one anthology. In order to motivate fans to purchase this collection of short tales, his editor nudged Tanigawa to write one additional original story that could be included in the book. So I imagine it, anyway, reading between his lines. And so we have Boredom: three tales that were already published in earlier magazine volumes coupled with one original story that couldn't be found anywhere else. Given Tanigawa's comment, "At the moment, I believe that the title will be The Boredom of Suzumiya Haruhi," I'm going to assume that the short story in Boredom that bears the same name is the one he wrote expressly for the book whereas the other three -- the Tanabata story, the island murder mystery story, and the vanished Computer Club president story -- were the ones that already existed.

Question: when, if ever, did Tanigawa quit submitting chapters to The Sneaker magazine and just start going straight to the book presses with his material? Wikipedia lightly explains that The Sneaker is how Haruhi got its start, and I remember that even from way back in the day in 2006. But did he keep on submitting chapters to the magazine all the way on up through Volumes 8, 9, and/or 10? Or did he quit submitting chapters to them once it was clear that he had on his hands a baby Harry Potter?

Speaking of The Sneaker: I just found out that their last issue was published in 2011. Hopefully the company is still doing stuff and they just put an end to "The Sneaker" label in favor of starting over under a new name. That semi-often happens in the eromanga industry.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:32 PM   #7069
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm not sure Philosopher's Stone is the best example, since how the narrative was structured at the end makes it apt as both the first and last book in the Potter series. By which I mean, the series archvillain has a confrontation with Harry after a series of talent-specific trials strip away his allies. Harry reconnects with his highly touted inner power to banish, but not kill said archvillain. Also, said archvillain uses techniques that look ridiculous later in the series (like casting spells with his bare hands) and doesn't kill anyone, so he's little more than a moustache-twirling Snidley Whiplash. The closest comp in my head to this is A New Hope.

Has Tanigawa written nothing in the past five years? I can sort of understand his precarious situation - he doesn't want to disappoint the fans, or himself - but I would have figured finances would have motivated him at some point. Or is he so wealthy there's no motivation?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #7070
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Has Tanigawa written nothing in the past five years? I can sort of understand his precarious situation - he doesn't want to disappoint the fans, or himself - but I would have figured finances would have motivated him at some point. Or is he so wealthy there's no motivation?
I don't know what the cause of no new Haruhi books even is. I can imagine a lot of possibilities but lack solid proof for any of them.

Possibility 1: he's got writer's block. He's written himself into a corner and he can't come up with a continuation or ending (either/or) that he can be fully satisifed with at this point.

Possibility 2: he's having a dispute with his publisher. The dispute has not been settled, and their contract has not yet expired so he cannot yet move on to a new publishing firm.

Possibility 3: his publisher, or he and his publisher, is/are having a dispute with some third party. (E.g. a dispute with Kyoto Animation.)

Possibility 4: he's sick.

Possibility 5: he's bored, distracted, or otherwise uninterested in working on the next book.

Possibility 6: rather than write a book, publish a book, write a book, publish a book, he's decided for this next block that he wants to have everything figured out at least three books in advance. And so ... he hasn't just been writing Book 11 for these past five years, he's also been writing Books 12 and 13 (and possibly more). And once he gets to the terminus (say it's 15 or 16), then he will resume releasing books to the world at a rate of about one every six months to a year.

Possibility 7: an idea he wanted to go with was entered into the public domain before he got a chance to put it into the book; and he's either a) worried that if he goes forward with the idea in his own book he'll face a lawsuit seeking a share of the profits or else b) worried that if he goes forward with the idea fans will think or feel one way or the other about him adopting a public domain idea into his series. So he's trying to come up with a new, not-yet-explored direction to take the story in ... but nothing he can think of satisfies him. He really, really wanted to do the idea that the fans already beat him to the punch on.

Possibility 8: the series has indeed reached a point at which it could end without ever having to continue, its proverbial Kaiji S2 ending, and he's vacillating over whether he should just let the series end here or whether he should press on. Pressing on would require him to write 5+ more books, say, while ending it here means he doesn't get the chance to write the one or two more books he was kinda hoping to write before he called it quits. So the series is unofficially over, because he can't commit to one fate or the other and doesn't want to lock himself into anything by opening his mouth. (I've been successful in avoiding spoilers and such for much of the later material, but as recently as today I have occasionally seen some fans espouse the view that the latest book "ended the series" and that there's nowhere left to go after this point. Not really sure what goes down in Books 10a and 10b, but if that's true then this Possibility No.8 gains some serious wings.)
Old 01-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #7071
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
I'm not sure Philosopher's Stone is the best example, since how the narrative was structured at the end makes it apt as both the first and last book in the Potter series. By which I mean, the series archvillain has a confrontation with Harry after a series of talent-specific trials strip away his allies. Harry reconnects with his highly touted inner power to banish, but not kill said archvillain. Also, said archvillain uses techniques that look ridiculous later in the series (like casting spells with his bare hands) and doesn't kill anyone, so he's little more than a moustache-twirling Snidley Whiplash. The closest comp in my head to this is A New Hope.
I actually agree with you that the comparison is not 100% accurate. But the reasons you proceeded to list off for why you disagreed with me are actually the very best ammunition for the comparison! ^^;

Spoilers for the first season of Suzumiya Haruhi follow. Don't click if you haven't finished the original first season!

Quote:
the series archvillain has a confrontation with Harry after a series of talent-specific trials strip away his allies
Where I am in the franchise, Haruhi lacks a clear-cut "archvillain." Asakura is a villain, and Haruhi is an arch-something. But rather than call her an "archvillain," it might be best to call her an arch...antivillain? I don't know. She is a non-traditional antagonist to Kyon's protagonist.

That stated, let's roll with Haruhi then as "archvillain." The end of Melancholy is not only the penultimate confrontation with said villain (the ultimate one being the one Tanigawa's reserving for the very end of the series), it's also the greatest peril Kyon's ever been in to date. ("To date" for the anime, anyway. Can't speak for Books 7-10.) All the other times, Itsuki and the others are warning Kyon about the possibility that Haruhi might scrap the world again for a new one. All the other times, they keep pointing back to the ending of Book 1 and saying, "Never again." "We can't allow this to happen ever again." It's at the end of Book 1 where we see the world in the process of being Noah's Ark'd. It's at the end of Book 1 where he kisses the girl, something he's not yet done since. (Anime only, again.) It's at the end of Book 1 that he has his most harrowing experience. You can easily compare this event with the end of Philosopher's Stone if you will.

The allies are similarly stripped away in this event. Mikuru can't follow. Itsuki can follow but only for a short time and then fades out. Yuki can't follow but can h4xx04 her way in, again only for a short time before fading out. It's not 100% similar to Harry Potter's "one by one, the allies fell" formula, but the premise is the same. Hero stripped of allies vs. antagonist in high stakes finale.

Quote:
Harry reconnects with his highly touted inner power to banish, but not kill said archvillain.
Kyon saves the old world -- for now. He doesn't ensure its permanent salvation. There is ever the looming threat that Haruhi may yet again attempt to Noah's Ark the place.

"Reconnects with his highly touted power" I will give you we don't have here, but meh, that's highly specific to Harry Potter and stories super similar to it. Just because Tanigawa doesn't want to reveal all the cards in his hand by the end of Book 1 doesn't mean he should have to if I'm to compare Melancholy with Philosopher's Stone, I'd say.

Quote:
The closest comp in my head to this is A New Hope.
Yes ... and Philosopher's Stone in the same boat! ^^; Lucas never intended sequels to A New Hope but surely had some ideas in mind because it was the universe he had created, goddammit, and he had some hopes or ideas of where to take the characters in the future. It's a similar thing for Philosopher's Stone, I feel. In hindsight, the book feels very, very much like "Book 1 of _" in a series of books. But if you look at it through the lens of, "It's only a one-off, it's only a one-off, it's only a one-off," you can see it too. It's a lot like A New Hope in that regard. A one-off with massive potential to be the first in a series of tales. Rowling closes enough doors to offer readers satisfaction should Philosopher's Stone have ever only been the only title in its series but leaves enough doors open to permit sequels. Whether knowingly or unknowingly. It's the same with Lucas. (Almost assuredly unknowingly, in his case.) It's the same with Melancholy, I feel. The way Melancholy ends, it's got a cute little bow on it that Kyon goes to tell Haruhi the truth about the SOS Brigade members ... but there are still so many unresolved issues, so many unanswered questions, that avid fans of the property would want to see dealt with in future volumes. Even if Tanigawa didn't intend for sequels, he wrote a book that is very, very conducive to the writing of sequels.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #7072
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Oh wait, was Melancholy where the anime ended? Maybe I'm getting confused here because when I see names like "Melancholy" and "Boredom" nothing springs to mind. You'd have to describe specific arcs like Snow Mountain Syndrome for me to know what you're talking about, and I only read the books that took place after the anime ended.

From what you describe, it makes me feel silly because yeah your comparison becomes quite apt. I was thinking Melancholy ends when they're making the video.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #7073
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I was referring to the end of Book 1, which also happens to be the end of S1 in Kyon / television broadcast order. Book 1 is six of the fourteen episodes from S1. It ends with ...

Kyon arriving in closed space shortly after falling asleep; finding Haruhi is there with him; multiple Celestials are there; Itsuki (who appears as a faint red energy silhouette) and Yuki (who communicates via the clubroom PC) both inform Kyon that their world is ending, Haruhi has subconsciously given up on the old world, she's on the verge of creating a new world, etc; and Kyon saves the day by kissing Haruhi.

I'm saying, if the story were to end at the end of Book 1, it'd be a lot like HP Book 1 or Star Wars Episode IV.

Quick little legend:
1 = Melancholy
2 = Sigh
3 = Boredom
4 = Disappearance
5 = Rampage
6 = Wavering
7 = I forget
8 = ditto
9 = likewise
10 = Surprise (Parts I and II)

1 is the core story of S1.
2 is the making of the student film, the core / second half of S2.
3 is half the short stories from S1.
4 is the movie.
5 is the other half of the short stories from S1, plus Endless Eight, plus I don't remember
6 is the Kyon buys a heater episode from S1, plus as yet unexplored stuff.
7 onward is fully new.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:58 PM   #7074
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Yerp. I deduced as much.

Oji-san to Marshmallow

This is a bit of a gag comedy. I wanted to recommend it to BBB as "what happens to the Mitsudomoe dad when he's at work". What it's about is this mid-20's attractive woman keeps hitting on her fat, bearded, middle-aged co-worker (named 'Hige' or 'Oji-san'). He's either oblivious to the aggression, or he tries to rationalize it as his co-worker is just being considerate.

Things get a little dicey when she flashes her marshmallows. No, not those marshmallows - Hige is romantically involved with the soft sugary confectionery in the same way Garfield is engaged to lasagna.

Episodes are 3 minutes long are are decent. Probably the biggest appeal to a lot of guys is this much younger woman aggressively pursuing an older man, in an almost yandere-like fashion. If Hige's aware of the attention he's getting, his (in my view, very measured) response is abject horror. Which is pretty socially acceptable to me.

Yay fat dudes.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-14-2016, 10:09 PM   #7075
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Suffice to say I just saw this on E-Hentai and was highly amused to learn that the source is an anime airing on normal TV this very season:

NSFW! 18+... only? I dunno. This is pretty tame. Sexual. But pretty damn tame. Meh ... don't click if you are easily offended by hilarious(?) male fantasies about breast physics!

Also the gifs are kinda large -- roughly 2 megs per, and there are four of 'em -- so I wouldn't recommend loading what comes next on anything that's gif-averse.

The name of the show is Musaigen no Phantom World, or Myriad Colors Phantom World as some appear to be calling it. Apparently the pictures I just shared come from the latest episode that aired only several days ago, so ... spoilers, I guess? Don't click if you're eagerly watching this series but haven't had a chance to watch the newest episode yet?

Is this one of the "BOOBS" shows you guys were talking about earlier? If it wasn't, it clearly needs to be added to your list. I love boobs as much as the next kyonyuu fan, but man ... I legit thought these were sampled from an H-anime! ^^; What the fuck sort of show is this? High School of the Dead's cousin?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime