UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Warframe (AKA Ninjas with Guns in Space)

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Okay the story might be a bit outdated with the addition of the 'Second Dream' patch, but its not too inaccurate.

Been playing this for a week or two now, absolutely in love with it. Such a grindy game but the grind is so fun. This is one of the few games that is repetitive but feels like it'll never get old, purely because the combat system is unbelievable. Also the community is just great. Everyone i've met is super nice and helpful, and I've rarely come across anyone who seems like they might be an arsehole.

People call this game 'Pay-To-Win', but only if you don't feel like putting time into this game. Some aspects are quite annoying, like clan keys taking 12 hours to build, same with certain things you need for story missions. And sure it sucks that you have to wait 3 days to build your new warframe, but only if you're impatient and can't find things to do in the meantime. But like I said, this game is incredibly grindy, so you're expected to grind for resources & mods, level up your frame/weapons, and unlock new missions so you can unlock new planets. With most games I would just stop right there, but the combat in this game is so good that I could do it over and over and over again.

So, does anyone play? Discuss which Frames/Weapons you like, what builds you like to run, missions, story, etc. Favourite mission I've done has to be the T1 survival in the void. I was a much weaker frame (Loki Prime at lvl 18 ) but we managed to hold out for 1 hour before calling it. Got so much stuff out of it, loads of keys, prime parts, and affinity for all my things. Its kind of depressing when you're against Lvl 94 enemies and it takes like 2 minutes to kill the weakest enemy unit. I was only useful for Radial Disarm and Invis-Reviving/Life Support. It was so fun though.

Managed to score myself a Loki Prime set from a really nice guy the other day. Joined his clan and he said he'd trade me the full set for 30 Platinum. To put it into perspective, ordinary Loki is 75 Plat on the market. A full Loki prime set is probably worth around 100-150 Plat depending on who's selling.

Thats a fucking deal.

My stuff that I currently have:
Spoiler: show
Frames:
Excalibur: Max Rank
Loki Prime: Rank 23
Nyx: Unranked
Rhino: Building
Valkyr: Building Components

Primaries:
MK1 Braton (piece of shit): Max Rank
Boltor: Rank 27

Secondaries:
MK1 Kunai: Max Rank

Melee:
Skana: Max Rank
Heat Sword: Max Rank
Dual Skana: Max Rank
Galatine: Building

Companion:
Carrier: Rank 11
- Sweeper: Rank 16

Grinding for:
Nova Prime
Paris Prime
Latron Prime
Lex Prime
Sonicor
Old 12-23-2015, 01:12 AM   #2
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Used to play this on the PS4, but then other games happened and I ended up dropping it.

Is it actually worth picking back up, though? What changes have been brought to the game since early 2015?
Old 12-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #3
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crys View Post
Used to play this on the PS4, but then other games happened and I ended up dropping it.

Is it actually worth picking back up, though? What changes have been brought to the game since early 2015?
Loads of stuff. New combat system, new parkour system, new warframes/weapons/primes/missions/etc. Loads of stuff. Also the story was massively updated with 'Natah' and 'The Second Dream', which gives us loads of backstory on the Tenno, the Lotus and the Stalker.

So yeah, its definitely worth picking back up. I didn't play with the original parkour and combat systems but from what I've seen it looks vastly improved.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I picked it up on release on the advice of one of my friends, but didn't enjoy how much of an FPS it felt like.

It is EXTREMELY fast-paced and totally overwhelmed me even on the tutorial level.

Still pretty fun game and I might come back to it if, as you say, they fixed the combat and parkour systems. It made me a little dizzy to play it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games