Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 AM   #301
Char
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
BATPONY
YEYEYE.

I'm pretty sure they used Batman-esque music during the chase scene.

Also baby pony and the return of Pinkie sense was nice.

And Nyan Cat Rainbow Dash poster early on.
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #302
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
YEYEYE.

I'm pretty sure they used Batman-esque music during the chase scene.

Also baby pony and the return of Pinkie sense was nice.

And Nyan Cat Rainbow Dash poster early on.
Yeah, as soon as they showed Mare Do Well, I immediately thought of the 90's animated Batman theme music.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #303
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
I just realised you can see youtube vids on a ps3. In full screen.
...Yeah, definitely can't wait for this Sunday.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #304
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

We're all familiar with the "Princess Molestia" meme, are we not? Despite the fact that the only time she touches anypony in the show is when they run up to hug her. I think that they're assigning this characteristic to the wrong Pony, for while I was taking screenshots for new avatar possibilities, I came across this:

Spoiler: show

Step away from the Princess and put both hooves over your head, Twilight.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #305
deoxys
Fog Badge

Alright, let's get a good old fashioned brony discussion going on in here. It's been far too long.

How do you guys feel about season 2 compared to season 1 thus far? What are your thoughts on the prospect of a theatrical movie? How much influence do you think bronies have on the show now? I'd like to hear some of you opinions, or on other topics you may have as well... then mayhaps we can discuss?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #306
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

I really like how other ponies are reporting in to Princess Celestia rather than just Twilight. We need more Pinkie episodes though, there have only been like, 2 that I can remember off the top of my head.

I feel like a movie wouldn't be anything spectacular. It'd just end up being a prolonged episode more than anything.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #307
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

There are some cases where a prolonged episode could be a good thing- The Return of Harmony could've really used a bit more time (once they returned everyone to their rightful shade, Discord was down within ninety seconds). I'd look forward to a theatrical film, but I wouldn't trade more episodes of the show for it.

I'm really enjoying season 2 so far, but I think it needs more Pinkie Pie and more interaction between all of the mane 6 together- I really enjoy seeing all of the personalities bounce off each other, rather than confine things to just one or two ponies an episode. Also more songs, less Rainbow Dash please.

What's your favorite and least favorite episode of season 2 thus far?
Old 12-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #308
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

I wasn't saying a prolong episode was a bad thing, I'm just saying that a movie would essentially be a prolonged episode. Basically, instead of spending 3 weeks waiting on a 3 part episode, you spend like $7 on a movie.

Favorite ep of season 2: Luna Eclipsed/Sisterhoove Special. For the former, who doesn't love Luna? For the latter, it was really touching, I loved it.

Least favorite ep of season 2: Less than Zero. I don't really like Twilight Sparkle and an episode where she is all bitchy just doesn't cut it for me.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #309
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Season two has been steadily getting better. Then it crashed with Mare do Well. Hopefully today's ep will be awesome.

A theatrical movie...well, I'm afraid I'd have to pirate it, but I wouldn't mind at all.

(Also, deoxys, after watching MLP I hope you now realise why Bollywood randomly breaks into songs.)

Best episode, definitely May the Best Pet win. Worst...yeah, Mare Do Well.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:53 PM   #310
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post
Season two has been steadily getting better. Then it crashed with Mare do Well. Hopefully today's ep will be awesome.

A theatrical movie...well, I'm afraid I'd have to pirate it, but I wouldn't mind at all.

(Also, deoxys, after watching MLP I hope you now realise why Bollywood randomly breaks into songs.)

Best episode, definitely May the Best Pet win. Worst...yeah, Mare Do Well.
Mare Do-Well is getting a really bad wrap and I don't think it's deserving of it. It wasn't a bad episode, it just shed Rainbow Dash in a negative light and a lot of people don't like that. Even if it did, I think it helped her character grow. It showed how incredibly insecure she is and how much she "needs" attention and it was awesome. Really showed her as being flawed, helped her grow. Also, the whole superhero pony thing was great. Predictable? Sure. It was pretty clear where they were going right from the get go, as was "May the best pet win", but that's fine. I also loved all of the Batman references. It wasn't a great episode, but I still found it entertaining and it was ponies.

And no, I don't know why Bollywood breaks out into random song and dance. I still think it's dumb. MLP incorporates properties of musicals and Disney cartoons with the random songs routine, but movies like Ip Man shouldn't even go there if they want to retain their identity as being serious.

I mean, if the Matrix came out in theaters here and out of nowhere Keanu Reeves and Agent Smith started shuffling and singing or having a rap battle or something with a bunch of girls who come out of nowhere and start doing synchronized dance routines, it would completely ruin the movie's credibility of being "epic" and everyone would probably burst out laughing.

Back on topic, though... the new episode is all about Rarity, eugh. She's great and all, I guess, but I was hoping instead of clustering the individual Pony-centric episodes together, they would spread them out more over the course of the season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyo
There are some cases where a prolonged episode could be a good thing- The Return of Harmony could've really used a bit more time (once they returned everyone to their rightful shade, Discord was down within ninety seconds). I'd look forward to a theatrical film, but I wouldn't trade more episodes of the show for it.

I'm really enjoying season 2 so far, but I think it needs more Pinkie Pie and more interaction between all of the mane 6 together- I really enjoy seeing all of the personalities bounce off each other, rather than confine things to just one or two ponies an episode. Also more songs, less Rainbow Dash please.

What's your favorite and least favorite episode of season 2 thus far?
I completely agree. I feel like there should have been a Return to Harmony Part 3. 2 should have ended with all of them turning normal again, and 3 should have been more Discord shenanigans, followed by a full five minute showdown and the events that happened between defeating him and the ceremony at the end, instead of just skipping right from him being turned to stone to that.

And I agree again, I feel like a movie would only be fine with me so long as they didn't have to sacrifice episodes to do it. And yes, I'd want to see it in theaters, fuck that would be the coolest thing ever, I don't care. I'd get a couple my friends, one of whom is a brony and the others who want nothing to do with it, and force them to go (they would, too). If they could up the animation quality for the film, too, like they typically do, that would ROCK. OhmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmyGOSH MAKE IT HAPPEN HASBROBBadsvasd

And once again, mind read. The past few episodes have been "Pony-centric", which have been completely focused on one Pony or another instead of the forumla of last season, which was "Pony-centric in a group setting". I really hope it's not a permanent trend, but it's one that definitely started the moment Celestia said "From now on, all of you will write to me". That was their plot retcon to make new content, which is great, but in moderation. Like drinking. Or something like that.

Also I don't have a problem with Rainbow Dash. I don't think there needs to be less of her, either. It's just that we had two RD episodes in a row instead of two spread out, so people are kind of worn out from her for the time being, completely understandable. We haven't seen hardly ANY Pinkie this season aside from just her usual background character, and same for Fluttershy, Applejack has had a good amount of screentime but hopefully will also get her own "centric" episode at some point, Twilight has been very much a background character for a few episodes now (which is okay I guess, by putting her on the same level as all the other ponies instead of keeping her in the foreground like she was for most of Season 1), but I'm not used to it... RD needs a break and would be fine going back to a background pony for a bit, and Rarity... I think I will be feeling the same way after tomorrow.

SORRY for the long post, but I want to add one more thing I noticed about Mare Do-Well that bothered me in that the episode was talking about how boasting was a bad thing, but I feel like the whole parade at the end in honor of Mare Do-Well was kind of a sham and defeated the purpose of that moral, like the pot calling the kettle black. I know it was supposed to be more of a "Hey RD, u mad bro?" moment, but it kind of bugged me.

Fave ep - May the Best Pet Win or Sisterhooves Social (like T-dos, because it was so emotional).
Least Fave - Like everyone else, Mare Do-Well, but not for the same reasons. I found the overall story for the episode to be a bit more stale than normal for some reason... but I really enjoyed Dashie's character development, one of the best this season, ironically. It really showed the other side of her when she was being shown up and she wasn't getting the attention she wanted. She's just a pony like everyone else, but really, really insecure, and it was actually pretty sad, especially at the moment when she said "Why am I all alone?" and had tears in her eyes.

Holy shit guys, sorry for the long ass post. I won't blame you if you don't read it. God damn ponies, who knew this shit could be so deep?

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Old 12-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #311
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Rainbow Dash has always been my least favorite of the Mane 6, and though I do enjoy her character I think that she's at her best as a supporting character- and if she's the key of the episode she needs the other ponies to play off of more than the rest of the manes- see why the best young flyer and Best Pet eps were so much more enjoyable than Mare Do Well- Dash and Fluttershy play off each other exceptionally well, and both showed the other side of Dash's arrogance- the doubt- much better than MDW. After she's caught by the rock in Best Pet Rainbow's line about "Don't leave me, I'm the one who was supposed to win!" was quite telling about her insecurity, and I enjoyed it much more in that small dose, rather than the over the top "If only somepony were here to pat me on the back. Guess I'll have to do it myself!" bits of MDW which make her look much more full on arrogant than simply fronting insecurity. Rainbow has a neat niche of being able to play fairly well off of any of the other mane 6, but unlike the other main 6 she'll simply grate on you if she's left alone.

Answering my own question earlier: Fave ep of season 2 so far-

Had by far the most moments that have made me crack up, as well as giving an awesome personality to a pony they could've easily given in to fan theory on.

Least favorite ep of season 2 so far-
No prizes for guessing.

Predictions for this morning's episode:
Will there be a song?
Resentment against too much Rairty, or relief from too much Rainbow Dash?
Will Pinkie Pie get to do something?
Will Sweetie Belle be in this episode as well?
Which of the other mane 6 will play the most prominent role in this episode?

My predictions:
Yes, there will be a song.
Relief
No
Probably not, but she will be mentioned
Fluttershy.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Muyotwo; 12-03-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #312
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Predictions for this morning's episode:
Will there be a song?
Resentment against too much Rairty, or relief from too much Rainbow Dash?
Will Pinkie Pie get to do something?
Will Sweetie Belle be in this episode as well?
Which of the other mane 6 will play the most prominent role in this episode?
1. Yes. She was my favorite pony for a bit after her dress making song, hopefully she'll do another awesome one.
2. I quite like Rarity, so I'll go with relief from too much RD.
3. Unfortunately, probably not.
4. She should be, but we'll see. Maybe an epic duet with Rarity???
5. As you said, Fluttershy, considering her and Rarity are best buds.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:17 AM   #313
deoxys
Fog Badge

Will there be a song? - I want to say yes, but the Christmas special is in two weeks, and I have a feeling we'll get a song then since it's a pageant., and they don't usually throw songs close together. However, given the circumstances of the episodes synopsis, I'm going to say... probably.

Resentment against too much Rarity, or relief from too much Rainbow Dash? - Rarity has become an interesting character to me, because either I absolutely love her or I completely hate her, depending on the episode, so I can't say ahead of time. Sorry to beat around the bush on that one. I will admit relief from RD being the mane focus, though.

Will Pinkie Pie get to do something? - She'll have a moment like she did in the Applebloom episode, that's it. I do think she'll be a background character though.

Will Sweetie Belle be in this episode as well? - No, and there won't be mention of her.

Which of the other mane 6 will play the most prominent role in this episode? - Fluttershy and her being buds hasn't been reflected on hardly at all for a while, although they could make her the other "main" pony in the episode like they did in "Green is not your color" and have it be the reverse situation, but I highly doubt it. I'd also want to say AJ, since Applejack and Rarity play off each other really well since they're two sides of the same coin, but they already did that twice so I doubt it.

TLDR - I'm going to go with Twilight, ALTHOUGH a "Pinkie & Rarity" episode isn't one we've ever had, and that would be AWESOME
Old 12-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #314
deoxys
Fog Badge

Holy hell I just read the best thing ever:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddit post
First off, let me start by saying that I am a LARGE human being. I wouldn't consider myself fat, but I'm very broad and thick. I am 6'6" tall, weigh 230 lbs, and work out quite a bit, including 9 years of Russian martial arts training. I have a thick Russian accent and, needless to say, I can be an intimidating mofo.

I've been a brony for about 3 months, and have no shame in being so, wearing merch from the show, etc. As you can imagine, few people gave me shit about being a brony...this couldn't be said though for some of my fellow, smaller bronies. I was at my local mall the other day (proudly rocking a 20% cooler shirt) when I came across two punks verbally bashing a kid about my age, but far, far smaller.

I walked up in preparation to tell the punks too beat it, but what happened next made my blood boil. As I approached un-noticed from behind, I caught a single quote, "whatcha gonna do about it, little pony fag?" Oh it was on. As I reached the two punks from behind I decided that this opportunity was too good to pass up, and firmly set my hands (I have fucking baseball mits, guys) on their shoulders, and calmly asked, "So what up with this kid and ponies?" as though I was on their side. Punk number 1 says, "This little queer watches 'My little Pony', can you believe that shit?" By now the little kid has seen my shirt and knows the reference, so he's grinning from ear to ear. Punk number 1 turns back to the little kid and says "What the fuck is so funny?" I then proceeded to lift punk number 1 off the ground by the collar of his shirt, and spoke calmly "Give this kid shit again for watching one of the best shows on T.V, and I will not be so kind as to love and tolerate, but rather beat the living shit out of you." and dropped the punk down. By now, they've figured out what's going on and punk number 1 (with whatever shred of dignity he could muster) proceeded to rally his groupie and head out. The kid thanked me profusely and called me "the hero of Equestria".

Never in my life have I been more proud, and we now keep in touch, discussing new episodes and the like. While it may not teach 'love and tolerate' or be very humble, or very pony-friendly (sorry, but I wanted to use exact quotes) I thought you guys might want to hear the story!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #315
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

That story makes me all kinds of happy inside. ABL and I are planning on going to the Adelaide Brony meetup, should be an excellent time.

Forty five minutes until Ponies. Are you excited? Because I'm excited.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #316
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Rarity is so much more tolerable than RD solo, I can't even begin to say. And she's still only my #4!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #317
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Soooooong woooooooooooooooo!

Rarity looks pretty adorable in a beret.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #318
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Prediction checklist!:

Song: Very yes!
Resentment or relief?: Relief! Rarity's self-centeredness is somehow so much more bearable than RD's.
Pinkie Pie doing something?: Party Cannon! Not exactly a featured role, but better than what we've been getting.
Sweetie Belle?: No, but she didn't really consider moving, so not something that would really come up.
Most prominent non-rarity Pony?: Twilight, though count me as a fan of Fancy-Pants, he's the total opposite of Prince Blueblood who I hate.

I liked it! So much better than MDW, I had my typical "Big goofy pony grin" on my face the whole time. Huzzah!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #319
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

I want a Party Cannon.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #320
deoxys
Fog Badge

Sorry I wasn't on for discussing, I slept in, didn't get much sleep last night!

Predictions turned out:
Will there be a song? - Said "Probably". Fuck yeah.

Resentment against too much Rarity, or relief from too much Rainbow Dash? - Said "Eh" and "If Rarity has a good episode and not a shitty one"... it was such a relief, I didn't even realize it. Good episode.

Will Pinkie Pie get to do something? - Said "She'll have a moment like she did in the Applebloom episode, that's it. I do think she'll be a background character though.
" - "I NEVER GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT MY PORTABLE PARTY CANNON!"

Will Sweetie Belle be in this episode as well? - No, and there won't be mention of her. - Nailed it.

Which of the other mane 6 will play the most prominent role in this episode? - Said Twilight as the main secondary focus- Nailed it, but everyone else was there, too.

4.5/5 FUCK YEAH

Fuck yeah ponies. Good episode. Halfway through went "I really hope I see someone else soon". I think the episode heard me and made it great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyo
I liked it! So much better than MDW, I had my typical "Big goofy pony grin" on my face the whole time. Huzzah!
Hehehe, me too! I have this thing for smiling like a dumb kid on Christmas from one ear to the other when I'm watching ponies, and have a tendency to laugh hard at things that otherwise may not be funny XD
Old 12-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #321
deoxys
Fog Badge

Who is everyone's favorite background pony? I know I've previously stated that I don't have one and probably won't but I apparently lied. I'm growing more fond of the fans admiration of a lot of background characters, in particular my favorite being DJ P0n-3 (Vinyl Scratch). I kind of like Octavia, too, and Doctor Whooves.

also RARITY IS MAI WAIFU U GUISE HNNNNNGGGG

Last edited by deoxys; 12-03-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #322
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Granny Smith is my favorite background pony.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #323
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Your five favorite parts of todays episode?

Mine:
1. New Song!
2. Fluttershy tamed those garden birds, WOOOOO!
3. Conga line of destruction, coming through!
4. Rarity in beret! Very nice, even if it did conjure an image of Ned Flanders' dad into my head briefly
5. Fancy pants, you are my favorite non-princess Canterlotian

The downside?
Was kind of hoping this would end up being Rarity's opportunity to meet Luna, but at the same time I'm glad they're not going to overuse her. Mixed blessing.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #324
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

1. New song!
2. Party Cannon.
3. Fancy Pants is a pretty cool guy.
4. The part where that guy hit the croquet ball and it went nowhere, yet people clapped. I laughed pretty hard. Idk how to play croquet though, so correct me if that's how you're supposed to do it.
5. Conga line.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #325
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I won a couple of croquet tournaments when I was pretty young, and yeah those people are ridiculously polite- it's like golf, you clap no matter where the ball goes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment