UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Sevii Islands

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2016, 11:51 PM   #151
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big's head tilts slightly as Alain explains the situation with the saw and his sick assistant and the battery that needs recharging. He gives a glance back toward the direction of the forest. "I guess that's no problem. Tiffany isn't here yet anyway. Plus this'll be a great chance to see some of those Blitzle and Zebstrika up close." He said with a nod. "Yeah I'll go ahead and do it."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:03 AM   #152
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Alain seems delighted when you offer to go and recharge the battery, "you are a legend lad, just let me go grab it for ya." Alain disappears into a nearby shed, you hear some bumps and crashes coming from within, even a couple of rough slurs. He soon emerges however, a strange metal slab under one arm and a hessian sack in the other. He hands you both the metal and the sack, "That's the battery, just lay it on the ground. There are Wacan berries in the bag, from my experience the Zebstrika and Blitzle tend to like them. They should be familiar with the process, once they see the battery and the berries they should come over. If I was you I would head north of here, there is a dam where a lot of Pokemon tend to head to for water. Be careful though, there are plenty of predators on the plains, don't expect every pokemon to be friendly."
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 11-12-2016 at 04:05 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #153
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big nods in response and let's out an "oof" under the weight of the metal and sack. He listens to the directions on where to find the Pokémon. "Alright I'll be careful. I will be back soon then." He heads off to the north in the direction he assumed to go. As he walked he had a little time to think by himself. I wonder if I can get an electric Pokémon from around here rather than in Goldenrod itself. He thought to himself. Then I can head over towards Mahagony or Blackthorn and try and find a ground Pokémon and go from there. At that point everyone should be fairly strong and we can start focusing on some of these gyms. I probably should stop by Mom's while I'm in Goldenrod though.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:43 AM   #154
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Thoughts of the journey ahead and hopes of acquiring an electric Pokemon entertain your mind as you leave the lumber yard, heading north into the Golden Plains. The grass reaches almost to your knees, making walking slightly harder but nothing you can't overcome. The temperature is blistering hot compared to what you have become accustomed to during your time in Azalea, although it is really probably only around an average temperature. Your venture through the plains is quite peaceful, although you don't see many pokemon, you see signs of there being plenty around. Flattened portions of grass where Pokemon may have been resting, foot prints in the soft ground and even the odd signs of a fight.

Looking into the distance you spy a glistening body of water, golden sunlight bounces of its smooth surface. As you get closer however, you get the feeling the ground is starting to shake. It only seems to get worse, you look around and spot a dust cloud do your left, glowing closer by the second. Sparks fly from within the cloud, you can hear the distinct beating of hooves as the cloud gets closer. You stop in your tracks, traveling any further could put you in the direct path of what you now realize is a stampede. You can now see the pokemon moving within the stampede, they are the Pokemon you had been looking for. Over ten Zebrstrika, and roughly twice that about of Blitzle are rushing as fast as they can, sparks fly from their bodies as they flee. A howl sounds out across the plains, promptly followed by another two in quick succession. Then you see them, a large Houndoom, flanked by two Houndour, pursue the Zebstrika and Blitzle. Flames erupt from their open maws, clipping the heels of fleeing electric Pokemon. A bright red flames bursts from the mouth of the Houndoom, striking the flank of a Blitzle towards the back of the stampeding herd. It trips the Blitzle up, causing him to tumble forward into the grass. The herd comes to a stop, they try to turn to the aid of the fallen Blitzle but they are two slow as the Houndoom and Houndour circle the fallen and injured Pokemon. It tries to get to it's feet to defend itself but it struggles to maintain it's balance, its haunches red and blistered from burns. Blitzle cries out for help, but the herd shows no sign of interfering, stricken by fear and not wishing to put themselves in greater danger.
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 11-12-2016 at 04:05 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #155
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big sighed as he took in the surroundings. He saw it from the bus on the way to Azalea but he was able to appreciate it much more by walking around in it. Adjusting to the heat he takes off his hoodie and ties it at the waist before getting to the final stretch of the dam. As he gets closer he feels the ground tremble a bit and scanning around he sees a stampede of the Pokémon he was looking for heading right toward him. He stops to give them a berth and as he does he hears a howl and suddenly realizes what likely caused them to stampede. A Houndoom and two houndour that soon take down one of the Blitzle. "Crap." He says and heads in the direction at a sprint after seeing that the rest of the herd was two skittish to save it and dumping the battery and bag of berries but making a mental note of where he left them. He pulls out the Pokeballs of Clara and Howard and lobs them as far ahead as he can. "Clara, Howard, quick! Clara give the two small Houndours a scald each! Howard give the big one a confuse ray and then a scald of your own!" He calls out frantically digging into his bag for a rawst and sitrus berry to help the young Blitzle.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:34 AM   #156
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Your heart races as you rush through the grass, adrenaline floods through your body as you reach for the two Pokeballs attached to your belt. As you reached the trampled track of grass formed by the stampede, you hurl the Pokeballs forward, one after the other. Howard and Clara burst out of their Pokeballs, it doesn't take long for them to work out that the situation is a dire one. Neither of them falter however, they know they need to be on their game here. The Houndoom spots the two new pokemon and with a snarl and a toss of his head, sends the two Houndour to deal with them. The two smaller pokemon obey the pack leader, they stop circling the Blitzle and instead begin to race across the ground towards Howard and Clara. Fire ripples across their bared fangs, their legs carry them swiftly, closing in on Howard and Clara quicker than you would like.

Runia is far from inexperienced when it comes to a fight, the encroaching opponents caused her little fear. A scalding hot stream of water bursts from her mouth, gushing through the air towards the closest of the two Houndour. It yelps in pain as it takes the unexpected hit, pausing for a moment as it's partner continues forward. It isn't long before the other Houndour is on top of Clara. He leaps, tackling the Vulpix into the ground as he sinks his flame coated teeth into her soft skin. Yelping in pain, Clara struggles free, sizing herself up against the opposing canine. It looks to be a fair match up, the two being of similar height. Seeing his comrade tackle Clara, the other Houndour makes his way for Howard, but not before the Psyduck's eyes turn a bright purple. A stream of light cascades past the approaching Houndour, who seems to think he has luckily avoided a hit. However, the intended target was not him, it was the Houndoom. Seeing the glint of light out of the corner of his eye, the Houndoom turns his head just in time to catch the technique head on. The light scrambles his senses, the Houndoom shakes his head as he paces around, distracted and confused. Howard doesn't have time to celebrate though, as the remaining Houndour jumps at him. Howard's size advantage helps him withstand the force of the tackle, however the Houndour crunches down on his left flipper, causing the Psyduck to cry out in pain.

With the Houndoom confused and the Houndour otherwise occupied, you rush towards the wounded Blitzle, which has managed to somewhat stabilize itself. Reaching into you scramble through your backpack as you get closer, you eventually manage to produce a rawst and sitrus berry. You stop a few feet away from Blitzle, who looks a bit unsure about you, even as you approach with the berries.

Clara continues to struggle with the Houndour she is facing, the two continuous nip and bite at each other, trying to establish dominance. Clara looks over at Howard and notices the Psyduck is in a similar predicament. Water fills her body once more, her inner heat brings it to a scalding hot temperature. Another boiling stream of water shoots from Clara's mouth, nailing the Houndour in the side and knocking him away from Howard. Taking the opportunity, Howard heats up a scalding batch of water of his own, quickly taking aim at the distant Houndoom. Gushing through the air, the scald hits its mark, hitting the confused Houndoom in the ribs. The pain and the force behind the attack seems to have cleared the beasts mind slightly. It's movements still not perfect, the Houndoom slowly approaches you and Blitzle, shaking its head from side to side as it slowly feels its head clearing. The two Houndour rush their respective opponents once more and a duo of cries sound out as they eat bite down. They sink their teeth in and show no signs of letting go. With the Houndoom approaching you, you can't help but feel like you might have run head first into a dangerous situation.
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 11-12-2016 at 04:04 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:06 AM   #157
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big's eyes grow wide as the Houndoom draws close and Houndour bite down on his Pokemon. His gaze quickly switches from the leader of the fire types to the more subordinate Pokemon. He swallows and plants himself firmly in front of the blitzle. "Clara! Howard! Two more scalds on the Houndoom from each of you! Hurry!" He says with more fear in his voice than he would have liked.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 04:04 AM   #158
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
As the Houndoom approaches, you feel fear grip you. You shout out to your Pokemon, the urgency in your voice is evident and Clara and Howard are quick to heed the call. The two fight to shake off the Houndour they are struggling with, eventually tossing the two rogue dogs into the grass. They begin to rush towards you, heat brewing in their bellies. Howard launches first, his bill opening as he fires a stream of scalding hot water towards the encroaching Houndoom. Steam billows of the attack as it slams into the alpha dog, who lets out a howl as his head swings in the direction of the attack. As his head swings around, the Houndoom is met by another scald, the origin of this one is Clara. The Vulpix hones the torrent of scalding water on the Houndoom, her feet carry her swiftly as she closes in on your location. Hot on Howard and Clara's heels are the Houndoom, embers flow from their mouths as they light up the rear of the Psyduck and Vulpix. As the embers start to settle in the dry grass of the plains, some of them begin to ignite. Smoke begins to billow up into the air as the flames grow higher. If left unchecked this could present an even bigger problem.

The Houndoom sees his pawns chasing Clara and Howard, for some reason he decides to leave them to it. Even as two more scalds blast into his ribs, his upper lip trembles and snarls as he approaches. The Blitzle tosses and struggles as the Houndoom approaches, it attempts to rise to its feet. You can see the flames dancing across the fangs of the Houndoom as it readies to attack, you flinch as it goes in for the strike.....

THUMP!

Through sheer force of will, the Blitzle rises to its feet and sinks both of its front hooves into the head of the Houndoom. The larger pokemon reels back, before slinking away through the grass. A howl sounds out as it retreats, the signal is heard by the two Houndour, who quickly turn tail and pursue their leader. Clara and Howard make it to your side as the Blitzle collapses back to the ground, clearly in pain and exhausted from the effort to get back to its feet. You watch the Houndoom carefully as it retreats, however it suddenly stops and turns back towards you. Suddenly a gigantic ball of fire erupts from the mouth of the Houndoom, crashing into the grass around ten metres away. A towering inferno breaks out, the grass is ignited and you now find yourself boxed in on two sides. The Houndoom continues its retreat until it and the Houndour are out of sight. Black smoke fills the air as the fire spreads faster, growing closer with each passing second. You look up to see Tailow circling in the air above you but you soon lose track of it in the smoke. Your Pokemon hug your side as they are gripped in fear, unsure what to do now.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:17 AM   #159
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big winces as the Houndoom closes in, taking four more scalds from both Big's pokemon. He had expected it to at least back down a little, or maybe be a bit distracted. His eyes fly open at the loud thump and found that the Blitzle had given the houndoom a solid kick to the head finally driving it off. He lets out a sigh despite the flames growing high around him. "Great job everyone." He says and looks to the Blitzle. "Thank you too." He looks over to the raging flames. "Don't worry guys, this we can take care of." He says. "Howard go ahead and do a water sport and then try to douse as much of the flames with a water gun. Clara do the same with some scalds."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:04 AM   #160
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
You stand stalwart as the flames continue to rise around you, you are confident that your team can handle the growing inferno. Howard begins spinning around, water gushes from his open bill as he acts like a living sprinkler system. Flames begin to disperse as the water sizzles and steam rises, the Psyduck cheers as he continues to spin and spray water. Clara begins to aid him as she starts spraying scalding hot water into the flames. She clears a section of the fire in the direction of where you had left the battery, luckily it seemed the fire hadn't spread that far yet. The earth beneath you begins to tremble but you are unsure what could be causing it and the smoke and fire limited how much you can see.

Hopefully the flames would be gone soon, Howard and Clara both continue to work tirelessly to put the flames out. Howard's water gun clears another large section of the fire, it seemed like everything would be fine. The ground began to shake even harder though, something was getting closer. As Clara's scald clears the last section of flame surrounding you, you notice that the fire has split off and is burning its way rapidly through the grass towards the Zebrastrike herd. The herd is beginning to panic as the ground begins to shake even more violently, then suddenly a cry bellows out.

MAMOOO

Something massive crashes down into the watering hole and sends a torrent of water crashing over the flames, dousing them instantly. The herd quickly calms down, they dont seem to be afraid of the giant, brown Pokemon that emerges from the water. Long white tusks curve out from either side of its snout, on its back sits a man, a Tailow resting on his shoulder.

"Great work Mamoswine, looks like we got here in the nick of time." The man directs the Mamoswine towards you, "You must be Big? Alain contacted me when he saw the smoke from his place, figured you might be in a bit of trouble. Looks like you handled the situation fairly well though, is something wrong with that Blitzle? My name is Bjorn, I work as a ranger here in the Golden Plains." Bjorn stands and then jumps, sliding down the tusk of his Mamoswine with no small amount of skill. He lands deftly on the ground and makes his way towards you, his Tailow flies circles around his head.

Howard has reached lvl 10!
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 12-19-2016 at 03:43 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:35 PM   #161
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big watches as his Pokemon spray water all over in hopes of dousing the flames but once it seems they get a hang of it the wind shifts and the flames go back up towards the herd. Big is about to tell Howard and Clara to shift focus when there's a huge splash and a mamoswine splashes water, putting out the rest of the flames. He lets out a huge sigh and nods to the ranger. "Yeah I'm Big, and I am extremely grateful for your help." He says. "Alain sent us to recharge his battery for him from the herd but there was a Houndoom and some Houndour attacking the herd, they got to this one but the four of us managed to drive them off but the fire was getting out of hand. But then you showed up." He leans down and gives his pokemon pats before recalling them. "But this Blitzle is not in great shape." He admits. "Oh yeah, the battery!" He heads over to where he left it and sets it up after making sure it wasn't damaged in the fire or soaked in water.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 12-19-2016 at 01:23 AM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:21 AM   #162
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
As you explain to Bjorn the events that had transpired, the ranger nods his head, "yes the Houndoom have been causing trouble of late, I am surprised you didn't get yourself hurt." Bjorn makes his way over to the Blitzle and drops down on his haunches as he checks the electric type out. He runs his hands over the Blitzle's smooth hide, a few sparks jump out as Bjorn touches a rather tender spot on the Blitzle's side. "Looks like it might have a bruised rib or two but it should be fine with a little rest and medicine. I will take it with me back to the ranger station with me. Let's exchange Pokegear numbers, just in case you want to check in on it or if something comes up." You exchange Pokegear numbers with Bjorn, who then turns and picks up the Blitzle before climbing back onto his Mamoswine. "I will leave you to your task, hopefully I will hear from you soon." Bjorn signals to his Mamoswine and the giant Pokemon takes off at a steady pace, as they head north towards Goldenrod City.

Ranger Bjorn's number added to Pokegear

With the Blitzle in safe hands and the Zebrastrika herd still hanging around, you collect the battery and berries given to you by Alain. You make your way over to the herd, place the battery down nearby and then scatter the berries around them. You back away and wait for the Zebrastrika to move in. It takes awhile but eventually a large male Zebrastrika, most likely the leader of the herd, makes his way over and begins munching on one of the berries. Soon the rest of the herd follow him and the battery is soon surrounded by Zebrastrika and Blitzle. Sparks jump from their manes and you notice they are being drawn to the battery, what a clever way of making use of a Pokemon's natural talents. Eventually the Zebrastrika have eaten all of the berries and the leader directs the herd away. Once they have cleared off you make your way over to inspect the battery and are pleased to see it has been fully charged. Battery in hand you make your way back towards Alain's lumber yard, hoping that Tiffany would have arrived by now.

You are happy to see the jeep parked out the front as you arrive back at the lumber yard, Tiffany must have returned from town already. Sure enough, Tiffany comes running out to great you, a worried look on her face. "Alain told me about the fire, are you alright? You look alright." Alain soon appears as well, he walks up and accepts the battery from you, "thanks for that, let me get this stuff finished for you so you can get going." Alain disappears into his workshop and a minute later the saw begins to buzz as Alain gets back to work.

As you and Tiffany wait patiently for Alain to finish, the Gym Trainer informs you of what transpired when she returned Madame Scarlet and Huckle to town. "I left them with the Police, looks like they will be put through some community service for quite a while, Huckle seemed pleased but I think they will have to keep a close eye on Madame Scarlet. I went to return the Venomoth to DJ Contesto but he said that it was given to them by an old man who was no longer capable of looking after it. He was impressed with Princess's evolution and decided to leave the Venomoth with me, I have decided to name her Duchess. So what happened to yo....." Tiffany cuts herself off mid sentence as Alain reappears, a load of lumber slung over his shoulder. He places it in the back of the jeep and makes sure it isn't about to fall out as soon as you take off. "There you go, that should be good to go now. Big I have something for you as a thank you for charging my battery, I didn't expect it to be so much trouble." Alain hands you a small bag which you open to find a few bits and bobs.

You received 1 Star Shard, $1000 and 2 Shuca Berries

You say goodbye to Alain and climb into the Jeep next to Tiffany. The Gym Trainer waits for you to put on your seat belt before starting up the Jeep and taking off. "Next stop the old shrine! So Big, what actually happened out there?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:27 AM   #163
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big accepts the reward graciously. "Thank you Alain, for the wood and this." He shakes the bag. "Though it wasn't too much trouble." He says getting into the jeep. As they pull away Big starts to tell the gym trainer what transpired without her. "So we made it through the rest of the forest without incident and soon I made it here to find Alain. And you weren't here yet so Alain asked me to go take his battery to charge it by leeching off some extra electricity from a nearby herd of Blitzle and Zebstrika since his assistant has been out sick and he can't do it cause he's scared of Zebstrika. So I went there and the herd was being attacked by a Houndoom and two Houndour so Clara and Howard fought them off with water attacks but they started a brush fire. And it was ok for a while but then it got out of hand but then a Ranger named Bjorn came with his mamoswine and put out the fire and so I got the energy for the battery and came back and you were here." He explains. "I'm glad to hear about you and the venemoth though."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #164
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
The trip passes quickly, partially thanks to the story sharing between Tiffany and yourself. The jeep soon steers off the main track and down a smaller trail which eventually opens up into a small clearing in the forest. A wooden shrine rests in the middle of the clearing, it seemed to be on its way to achieving its former glory but their was still plenty of work to be done on it. There are a handful of people and Pokemon at work on the repairs, most notably you spot Riho and Lindsey hard at work.

As the jeep comes to a stop, Lindsey quickly spots you and comes rushing over. "Big! I was wondering when I would see you again. Looks like you finally got those supplies, let me help you unload them." Lindsey helps you unload the supplies while Tiffany speaks with Riho. Once the supplies are unloaded, Lindsey shows you around the shrine and gets you to help her finish off what she was doing when you arrived. You just finish up when Tiffany and Riho make there way over to you.

"I think we are all going to head back to the gym now" states Tiffany, "everyone has done their fair share for today. Big you might want to go chase up your reward with DJ Contesto when we get back to the gym, you might also want to establish a time for your gym challenge if you still wish to challenge him."

With that set, everyone jumps into the jeep and Tiffany floors it back towards Azalea town. The sun is beginning to set as you come back into town, the gym is painted in orange light as Tiffany brings the jeep to a stop outside. Lindsey looks over to you, "so Big, are you going to challenge DJ Contesto or not?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #165
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big nods and after unloading the supplies he takes in the shrine with Lindsey. A shrine to the legendary Pokémon Celebi. I wonder if the shrine is complete maybe it will come back. It would be amazing to see... He goes along with rp the rest of them back to Azalea and thanks Tiffany for going with him.

He nods at Lindsey's question. "Yeah I will, that's why I came here in the first place... But I think we should maybe get a little more training in before we do though." He admits. "It just kind of snuck up on me. It always seemed like something that was going to happen eventually but now it here. Within reach..." He shakes his head. "I'm going to get some preperation done before some final training tomorrow before we challenge him, I'll meet you at the gym tomorrow ok?" He then heads off in the direction of the center.

Along the way his pokegear buzzes. It is a message from one of his online friends Victor. It seems he got a hold of that extra hidden power TM that they had been messaging back and forth about. He passes thought the automatic doors and drops his pokemon off with a nurse and heads to the nearby PC. He scrolls open to find that Jeri CO has sent him another package. Wow, this JeriCo is pretty generous to be sending all these things, they must really want to encourage trainers to be getting out there. He shakes his head and withdraws the various items 1 Leftovers, 3 Rare candies, 2 egg candies, 2 enigmatic candies, along with the TM for Hidden Power. He thinks for a bit drops the two Enigmatic candies into one of the envelopes of Orange Mail along with two star shards. He writes onto the piece of provided paper: "Thanks for the Hidden Power, and all the help you have given me. And not just talking about the TM. Hope your pokemon enjoy the candies and don't spend the shards all in one place." He seals the letter in the envelope and puts it into the computer where it zips off to whererever Victor happens to be. He gathers the items. "Great, these will help a lot to get ready."

He gathers his pokemon and finds a somewhat quiet corner to release them all at once. "Alright everyone. We are probably going to be battling the gym leader DJ Contesto tomorrow. He will use bug pokemon as well so we should be experts at handling them by now. I've also got a few things to help us get ready ok? First, everyone gets a rare candy. You've all been hard at work and I'm very proud. According to the pokedex, that should mean Clara you should learn Fire Spin and Confuse Ray and Howard you should learn confusion." He feeds them all the blue wrappered candy and they eat it happily as they level up. "Ok, now these next two are egg candies. They will help learn moves that you normally can only get from your parents if they know them. Now I did some research and Clara, I want you to try to remember what happened when you mixed your ember with princess's gust and try to learn the move Heat wave. Howard I want you to think really, really coldly. Like the snow. And see if you can learn Ice Beam." He turns Brittany. "Unfortunately we only have two but I do have another treat for you. These special leftovers should help you recover health in battle when you get the chance to snack on it." He hands the grass pokemon the apple core like item and pulls out the TM. "Lastly my good friend sent me tm for hidden power, this is something everyone can learn. Clara you should try to learn the rock type hidden power, Howard you should try for fire, and Brittany you should go for flying. I know they may be unfamiliar types but Victor says they will be good for coverage and he hasn't steered me wrong yet." He places the TM on each pokemon in turn and they all glow the color of the type of the respective hidden power they learn. "Alright good job everyone. Now let's get some rest, we will go over some general strategies at the gym tomorrow as we do some last minute training to get used to these moves." He heads for one of the rooms at the center and gets a good rest from all the excitement of the day.

In the morning he gets ready and heads for the gym and looks out for a familiar face, mentally going through how he wants to train the new moves and his strategy for each of the gym leader's pokemon.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 01-08-2017 at 02:54 AM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:01 AM   #166
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
You head off to the Pokemon Center to carry out a number of errands. You withdraw a number of items from the Jeri Co Machine, including a TM that was generously given to you by another trainer by the name of Victor. You send Victor something in return before going through your new loot and working out what to do with it. Gathering your Pokemon together you give each of them 1 Rare Candy and Clara and Howard each receive a Candy Egg. You then had Brittany some Leftovers and pull out your TM Machine. You place the Hidden Power disk into the drive and point it at each of your Pokemon, teaching them the move.

Howard reached lvl 11 and has learnt Confusion, Hidden Power (fire) and Ice Beam!

Clara has reached lvl 12 and has learnt Confuse Ray, Fire Spin, Hidden Power (rock) and Heat Wave!

Brittany has reached lvl 11 and learnt Hidden Power (Flying)!


With everyone looking stronger and more knowledgeable ahead of tomorrows Gym match, you leave your Pokemon with the nurse to heal over night before heading to a room to get some sleep. Nerves keep you up for a while but even they struggle to compete with your fatigue, which eventually consumes you as you fall asleep.

*****************************

Rising early to the sound of bird Pokemon in the distance, you take a shower and have breakfast before collecting your Pokemon from the nurse. With your Pokemon now completely health, you head back to the gym, intent on getting some training and preparation in. You are met at the door by Tiffany, Princess fluttering behind her. There was no sign of Lindsey yet, perhaps she would turn up later.

"Good morning Big", says Tiffany, gleaming smile on her face. "So I think you said you wanted to get some training in before your Gym battle later, is there anything in particular that I could help you with?"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:24 AM   #167
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
"Morning Tiffany." Big says kind of shaking himself the last bit awake. "As for training, I don't know that I had a ton in mind, no special combo moves or anything. But we did learn a bunch of new moves last night so we should probably practice them. Other than that I think we will just go over our strategy for the fight." He shrugs. "You are the gym trainer, do you have any suggestions? Things that successful trainers in the past have done?"
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:56 AM   #168
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Unsure of how exactly to kick off your training, you leave the option open to Tiffany who pauses for a few moments as she racks her brain for ideas. "Oh I have the perfect idea! So you may have notice now with your dealings with Bug Type Pokemon that their movement can be quite erratic? They tend to move in unpredictable patterns which can often make them a hard target. I will get Princess to boost up her defenses since we don't want her getting hurt, then you can practice trying to hit her."

With no other thoughts to what you should do, Tiffany's plan seems like the best course of action, at least to start with. You release Clara, Howard and Brittany from their Pokeballs, the trio seems excited to be back in the gym again. You instruct Clara to use her new Heat Wave, Howard to practice using his new Ice Beam and all three to practice using their Hidden Powers. With your Pokemon ready to go, Tiffany makes sure Princess won't get overwhelmed. "Princess, Defend Order to maximum strength!"

You watch for a few minutes as Princess shrouds herself in a swarm of buzzing energy constructs. She glistens with golden energy as her defenses rise through the roof, eventually reaching a point where they can no longer rise. "Excellent work Princess, even those super effective attacks will struggle to hurt you now. Alright let's get moving, no attacks just move around as fast as you can, make yourself a difficult target."

Princess begins to dart around through the air, her wings beat furiously as she darts from side to side, her flight pattern almost impossible to track. Clara takes the first shot, a blast of heat washes out from her mouth like a wave, the spread of the attack makes hitting the Vespiquen almost to easy. "Wow that attack will be helpful, I doubt DJ Contesto will have an easy time avoiding that." Howard joins in as a cyan bolt of ice energy erupts from his open bill, crackling through the air towards Princess. The Vespiquen darts to the side and the beam is lucky to catch a glancing hit, Howard appears a little disappointed. Brittany soon joins in, adding her Hidden Power to the barrage of attacks coming from Clara and Howard. The orbs of flying energy are a bit hit and miss, with Princess managing to avoid a large portion of them. They all continue trying to hit Princess, their accuracy obviously improving over time. They become more familar with the Vespiquen's movements, allowing them to compensate for its erratic movements. After a while Clara and Howard switch over to using their Hidden Powers. They train for almost half an hour before Tiffany gets them to stop, satisfied with their efforts.

"Okay I think we should stop there for now, they seem to have the hang of things. Did you say something about going over some strategies?"

Howard reached lvl 12!

Clara reached lvl 13 and learnt Roar!

Brittany reached lvl 12 and learnt Bide!
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:56 AM   #169
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big nods in response to Lindsey's suggestion. "And I would expect his pokemon among most to be really good at dodging then. Let's do it." He goes with her and watches as Princess raises her defenses through the roof. He encourages his pokemon as they try out the new moves, glad to see that the candies worked the way they should. He watches as they slowly get better and better at aiming the attacks. He also makes a mental note of how easily Clara seemed to be hitting with the heat wave. Eventually Tiffany believes they are somewhat improved and ready. "Yeah they really got good with the accuracy. Thank you for the help. And thank you too Princess." He nods to the Vepisqueen as well. "Yeah, we'll take a break and go over strategies, and after that we'll be as ready as we are going to be for the actual battle. If you have any tips to offer feel free to chime in."

He sits down in front of his pokemon as they rest and begins to go over the strategy. "Ok so from what I've researched, DJ Contesto will use a Ladyba, a Beedrill and a Sewaddle. The most important thing to remember is that you all have the right tools to deal with any of those if it comes down to it. Clara you have the major type advantage, you will be able to do the most reliable damage with Heat Wave and won't take nearly as much damage from the Bug moves. You will mainly deal with the sewaddle since it will take the most from your fire moves. After that you will be backup for the other two. Howard and Brittany, you will have the Beedrill and Ledyba, if he sends out the ladyba first Howard will go for it, using your ice beam to trump its Flying type, then go into the beedrill to get it burned with Scald. Brittany you will go for the beedrill mostly, using your stun spore to slow it down and your rollout to hit it with as much damage as possible. Plus you won't be able to be poisoned by the stinger. And if Ladyba comes after that you will continue up the rollout as much as you can. And Clara will be the last resort for all of those if something goes wrong. Everybody got it?" The pokemon nod tentatively, but rely on Big to remember this.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 01-09-2017 at 04:03 AM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #170
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Your team listens intently as you go over your planned match ups and tactics for the impending Gym Match. The team seems nervous, they understand the magnitude of this experience. They find comfort in your attention to tactics and your confidence, they all let out a cheer as you finish up your speech. Tiffany walks over to you and offers some advice.

"You guys better rush back to the Pokemon Center, you just used a fair bit of energy, you don't want to start on your back foot. Run to the Center and by the time you get back I will have DJ Contesto ready to go."

You follow Tiffany's advice, she has failed to leave you astray so far. You trudge back through the melting snow to the Pokemon Center, it only takes a few moments for the nurse to return your Pokemon. Assured that your Pokemon will be at their peak, you head back to the gym. As you are about to open the front door, Lindsey comes running up behind you.

"Big! I'm glad I caught you before your match started, are you prepared? That's a silly question, of course you are! I will be cheering for you, better not keep the Gym Leader waiting though!"

With Lindsey now at your side you enter the gym once more, making a beeline for the greenhouse. Tiffany waits for you at the entrance, an excited look on her face. "Big, guess what? DJ Contesto asked me the referee for your match! Follow me and I will lead you through to the special arena we use solely for Gym Challenges."

Tiffany leads you into the greenhouse, the increase in temperature is greatly appreciated. Tiffany leads you past the clearing where you trained with the Scyther to learn HM Cut, heading through a grove of trees you come out in another clearing. Tiffany comes to a stop in front of a wooden watchtower with a ladder attached to it. "Climb up here and prepare yourself, the match will start shortly."

Tiffany leaves you, as does Lindsey, who heads off to stand with the others who have come to observe the match. You climb the ladder to the top of the watchtower and find yourself looking out at the battlefield for todays gym battle. The arena consists of three main platforms, with a few gaps in between them bridged only by tight ropes made from sturdy Ariados silk. Pokémon could fairly easily walk traverse them. You recall Tiffany mentioning that if any Pokemon fall, they’ll be transported by a swarm of Combee back from where they came. You see Tiffany standing on a raised pedestal, a flag in each hand. Princess floats behind her, accompanied by a swarm of Combee.

Directly across from your watchtower is another, however this one bares the mark of the Gym Leader, DJ Contesto is not currently present though. You are wondering where the Gym Leader is when music suddenly thunders through the glass house. Tiffany suddenly produces a microphone and begins to introduce the match.

"Welcome everyone to this most exciting of experiences! This morning we get to a budding young trainer test his skills against our very own Gym Leader! Big has being working tirelessly in the area for the last few days, we have even just had reports in that the supplies he brought to the Celebi Shrine lead to its completion this morning!" Cheers ring out through the greenhouse, it seems you have amassed some supporters. "But! Will he have what it takes to defeat the Gym Leader? You know him, you love him, its DJ CONTESTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The music suddenly picks up and a large strand of string is shot through the air, sticking to the top of the glass house. Suddenly a man most certainly DJ Contesto, shoots through the air, being pulled through the air by an Ariados attached to his back. The Ariados retracts the string shot, pulling itself and the man through the air. Once they have reached the right height, the Ariados lets go of the man who somersaults through the air before landing deftly on the Gym leader's watchtower. You can now clearly see the man to be the Gym Leader, DJ Contesto. The Gym Leader throws his arms into the air, causing the crowd to erupt in applause and cheer. Contesto has the music lowered to a low hum, providing just a bit of soft background music.

"I must commend you on your efforts so far Big, you have aided this Gym and Town a great deal over the last few days. It is a pleasure to be facing you, although I must apologize as this experience will not be incredibly pleasant for you. I suggest you don't hold back, I will be coming at you with full force!" The Gym Leader thrusts a punch out in front of himself before pulling it back and posing. He selects a Pokeball from his belt, letting it expand in his hand. "Now for my first Pokemon, let's go Ledyba!" DJ Contesto curls the Pokeball up into the air above him, it bursts open in a dazzling display of light. The hum of beating wings is heard before a small orange and yellow beetle appears.

Ledy BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The bug type cries out as she begins circling the arena, eager to see who her opponent will be. Before you select your Pokemon, Tiffany cuts in to explain the rules of the battle.

"Each trainer will use 3 Pokemon for this battle. The Challenger may substitute his Pokemon at any time, however the Gym Leader will not be afforded this luxury. The battle will be over when all 3 of a trainers Pokemon have been defeated. If Big is victorious he will be awarded the Hive Badge, as well as a few other prizes. If Big is defeated he will be free to challenge the Gym again if he so wishes. With formalities out of the way, let us have Big's first Pokemon and get this match under way!"
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #171
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big nods to Tiffany. "Yeah that's probably a good idea." He says inwardly glad she made that call. He was debating whether a break would be enough for the gym battle or to go back to the center. He recalls the trio of pokemon and quickly heads to the center. As he makes his way back he is stopped by Lindsey at the door to the gym. "Heh, yeah, I think we are as ready as we are going to be. We have all the tools to win, that much I can tell, but this will tell us if we can do it. But we appreciate your support." He nods gratefully to her. He nods to Tiffany at her refereeing the match, grateful to have a familiar face on the field. He goes to climb the watchtower and wait for the match to start. While they get ready he quickly looks over the field to see the arena. He'll have the mobility advantage with Ledyba and Beedrill able to fly.

He jumps a small bit as the music starts, his nerves nearly getting the best of him. He watches Contesto's grand entrance. A little over the top for Big's standards. He replies to DJ Constesto's introduction after the music dies, mustering up more of a false confidence than he feels. "It's an honor to be facing you as well. And it's my pleasure to help out, it's my responsibility as a trainer. But it may not be as unplesesnt as you think, we are prepared." He says grabbing Howard's pokeball. "We are ready to have some fun. Come on out Howard!" He calls throwing the pokeball and releasing the yellow duck pokemon. "Start us off with a Hidden power and a scald!"
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #172
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Tossing a Pokeball towards the platform closest to you, you summon Howard out into the battle. The Psyduck looks around curiously, the magnitude of the situation somewhat lost on him as he slaps his hands to his temples.

"Ahhh the same Psyduck I got to see battle yesterday, a worthy adversary indeed."

Led Ledy BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Howard wastes no time getting started, he accesses a hidden power within himself, a power he has only just recently learnt to access. His bill snaps open and he fires a barrage of flaming fire energy orbs. The attack peppers the Ledbya as it zips to the side, groaning as it feels the pain of super effective attack.

"Your Psyduck's Hidden Power seems to be Fire Type, am I correct? That could certainly be an issue, Ledyba use Light Screen!"

Ledyba suddenly glistens with psychic energy as it waves its legs around in circles. A thin screen of condensed light forms in front of the bug type, you knew the screen would make it difficult to hurt with special attacks, at least until it faded. Howard doesn't seem to mind too much, he continues to push his assault. Boiling water erupts from his bill and gushes through the air towards the Ledyba. The attack hits the screen the Ledyba had produced previously, weakening its strength considerably before finally striking the bug.

"Bug Pokemon are full of tricks, they have to be adaptive and learn how to pick a situation that suits them. This situation doesn't suit Ledyba and that is why she will be leaving us for now. Ledyba use U-turn!"

The bug quickly accelerates, energy streaks behind it as it closes in on Howard. It slaps into his chest, causing him to stumble back a few paces as the Ledyba condenses back into energy. Contesto holds up the bugs Pokeball and it is drawn back inside, soon to be replaced by another bug type as the Gym Leader hurls another Pokeball into the arena. It bursts open and a small yellow bug swaddled in leaves appears on the platform in front of Howard.

"Meet Sewaddle, he will stand a much better chance against your Water type. Sewaddle show them your strength with a storm of Razor Leaves, then treat them to the majesty of a Silver Wind."
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 01-15-2017 at 10:02 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:17 AM   #173
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
"Crap." Big says as the Ledyba sets up the light screen. Most of his attacks are based on special. He was expecting the possibility of U-turn to even the switching playing field but the Light Screen came out of nowhere. "I guess that's why they made you the gym leader." He says and brings up Howard's pokeball. "You know the plan buddy. Come on back." He recalls the Psyduck immediately before the sewaddle can make any move. "Come on out Clara!" He says calling out his trusted starter. He glances up towards the sky to see if her ability was taking effect to maybe cancel out some of the light screens defense, at least for Clara's fire moves. "Alright Clara, start out with a fire spin to keep them in here with us for sure this time and then follow up with your Heat Wave!"
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #174
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
With Contesto setting up some nice defenses to cover against his weaknesses, you find yourself already at a bit of a disadvantage. On top of that, the Gym Leader using a switching move, while expected, presented you with a type disadvantage. Not for long though, you quickly recall Howard, the Psyduck is pulled back into his Pokeball by a red beam of light. You replace his Pokeball on your belt and select Clara's, the Vulpix would certainly have a massive type advantage here. You whip Clara's pokeball through the air and it bursts open as it hits the platform, leaving Clara in its place as it returns to your hand. The Vulpix lets out a high pitched howl and the sunlight seems to intensify, increasing the temperature inside the green house considerably.

"Oh, now this could be an issue Sewaddle", you can see a little dismay in Contesto's eyes. "It seems your Vulpix has the Drought Ability, that is surely going to heat this battle up."

Things certainly heat up when a column a swirling flames erupts from Clara, the intensity amplified by her ability. Sewaddle is soon surrounded by a towering inferno of flames, that continue to like at its body. The fire shows no sign of receding, it will stick around for a while and chip away at the Bug Pokemon's health.

"I must admit Big, that was a clever move. Not only will we be taking continuous damage from that attack, those flames will disrupt any attempts at switching. It appears we are stuck in here for a while Sewaddle, lets take a bit of bite out of their bark, with a Struggle Bug. Follow that with an Air Slash."

Suddenly the Sewaddle begins to shake. At first you consider it may be shaking in fear, but then a wave of bug energy erupts from the quivering insect. The energy crashes into Clara, who doesn't seem to take much damage from the attack at all. Then Clara begins to shake her head, the distressing display seems to have lowered her special attack. Now you see why Contesto ordered the move, between the light screen and the special attack drop, Clara would have to work harder to burn his Sewaddle. Clara doesn't seem to distressed though, she takes a deep breath before expelling a wave of flame and wind. The attack washes over the Sewaddle, who screeches in displeasure, however you know that the screen protecting it took a lot of the strength out of the attack. In rebuttal, the Sewaddle whips its head around, a slicing blade of wind shoots out from its leafy hood. The projectile slash through the air and slams straight into Clara's face, forcing her back a few steps.

"Excellent work Sewaddle, now another Air Slash, then lets continue to hassle them with another Struggle Bug. I must admit we don't have a lot of options against a Fire Type Pokemon, but we won't be making this easy for you Big." Contesto smiles, but you know that he realizes how bad this type match up is for him.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #175
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Big breathes deeply as Clara kicks up the fire spin to trap the sewaddle in from u-turning out again. However his fists clench again when the sewaddle comes out with the struggle bug. Between it lowering Clara's Special attack and the Light screen Big was starting to get frustrated. It'll return to normal once Clara switches out and gets a bit of rest. He reminds himself. But now I have to stop him from lowering it more. But how? ...Wait! "Clara! Go for another Heat wave, and then follow up with a confuse ray, just like Howard!" He calls out, remembering his pokedex telling him that Clara had learned the move upon leveling up.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Sevii Islands


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.