UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 02-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
Talon87
時の彼方へ

#1 desired evo: Beautiful evolution for Jynx. And I tend to haaaate humanshape Pokémon too. But this has been long, long overdue. Probably not going to happen. But I would be okay with it even if it were like most of the Gen IV evos for pre-existing Pokémon: marginal stat gains, marginal movepool gains (if any at all!), more or less JUST a cosmetic change. I am fine with that. Though of course I would like to see something done about that abysmal base defense of only 35. >_< Coupled with a poor base HP of 65, it ain't pretty. (If the opponent has anyone with Pursuit, she will die unless she can outrace them and OHKO them herself. Add in Sucker Punch and yeah, this is why Jynx struggles outside of the lower tiers.)

#2 desired evo: an evolution for Mawile. Make it look better. Give it better stats. Oh good lord give it better stats. @_@ Normally I don't give a crap about shitty single-stage throwaways. Didn't really care when later gens (especially Gen 5) made Sableye useful. Don't care about everyone's favorite to bring up in these discussions, Farfetch'd. Don't feel like Volbeat or Illumise need evolutions. But something about Mawile makes me feel like she really does. "As you look now, you are dumb; and as you are now, you are weak; but if you were to get an evolution that capitalized on your design concept while making you look better and stronger, I might totally use you."
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

I'm hoping for a raptor fossil and a triceratops. I'm thinking Rock Dragon and Rock/Grass respectively. The former basically set up like a Raticate;quick and can be quite dangerous, the latter like Torterra.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #28
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Heck, we have Porygon-Z. Before Gen 4 you would have been laughed out of the thread if you had suggested that a Pokemon evolves by trade twice.

Perhaps the same will be said of Gen 6 and evolution stones, who knows.

I'm torn over a Mawile evo, because while I'd love to be able to viably use one outside of the ASB, I'm far too attached to the way it looks already.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #29
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Prediction: There will be a Mawile evo. Talon will be excitedly pleased, charge to get one...

and discover that there is only a marginal increase in stats and it is now dark/steel

Farfetch'd: o.O why would anyone want an evolution for this? Sure, it's not "competitively viable," but I don't think that's the point of a duck that is described as "tasty with leek." Though, Chansey did get an evo, so I guess anything can happen. Unfortunately, the most I can see happening to Mawile is that it gets Eviolite and that nobody wants to use its evolution because Bisharp is the better choice.

Jynx has potential (and needs the evo) though. Good choice.

Wanna see babby-Scyther and babby-Lapras prevos though squeeee
Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #30
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I cant fucking stop the kids from talking about spoilers at work.

"Hey did you hear the new Pokemon stuff?"
Me: Yes I heard everything
"Proceeds to talk about every spoiler anyway"

D:

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
I cant fucking stop the kids from talking about spoilers at work.

"Hey did you hear the new Pokemon stuff?"
Me: Yes I heard everything
"Proceeds to talk about every spoiler anyway"

D:
Are there new spoilers? Or is there just 1) the trailer we all watched and 2) the recent spoiler news that I think we all've been spoiled on despite our best efforts not to be? ^^;

Not really sure what you can do about this. Some kids are angels and others are mischievous devils. Whether it's promised punishments or rewards, whether you try to avoid the kids or whether you engage them, whether they love you or hate you, someone is probably bound to spoil you. I guess what you could try to do is something like this:

Kid: Hey, Mr. K! Did you hear about the newest Pokémon news?
Kuno: YeahIdidbutforgetaboutthat! Did you hear about the latest Halo news?
Kid: Uh, I--
Kuno: *start rambling on about some Halo news you read about that very morning*

And you could try to do this any time a kid tries to discuss Pokémon with you. Might confuse or hurt some feelings though of the kids who already know you're hugely into Pokémon. But if a lot of those kids graduated this year, then who knows, maybe you'll have mostly new kids to contend with and they won't know yet that Mr. K likes Pokémon.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #32
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Bets on what the generic Normal/Flying type is this time around? I'm hoping for a Robin that has fire typed moves for no reason.
Not really sure why you posted just-for-fun speculation in the spoiler thread rather than the non-spoiler thread. Let us join in too!

Even though it's a North (and apparently South as well) American bird, the cardinal would work well if we're going to France. Cardinal Richelieu and all that. It could evolve into a larger cardinal (lol) or possibly a bird of prey of some sort. Likewise, the blue jay may be North American, but it's still something new that they could try out.

When I think France, I don't think of flamingoes, but apparently their range includes all of Southern coastal France, so they could easily be our Gen 6 Flying/Water type if France is indeed where we're headed.

Whether we're going to England or France, a possible contender for a Normal/Flying bird would be the European Honey Buzzard a.k.a. the Common Pern.

In the end, they can grab animals from wherever they want. Japan does not have native populations of platypuses (Firefox shouted at me for typing "platypi" >_>; ), wolves, camels, or cacti, but that sure didn't stop them from placing those Pokémon in regions based off of Japanese geography. Likewise, I don't recall ever seeing any polar bears or zebras in the wilds of New England.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #33
Mercutio
Banned

Mostly because I give not even a tiny part of a shit about people who don't want to see spoilers, so it's best if I just stay in that thread most of the time. Otherwise I will post a spoiler here totally accidentally, someone will complain and I will make a big show of relentlessly not caring. Though I would move the post over to the correct thread.

Anyway, if we go to England then it will be Pidove everywhere. Those are good suggestions though. Since this appears to be your standard evolutions of things generation, I'm hoping for a Chatot evo in to a more colourful parrot (possibly with alternate sprite forms like Unown to be super colourful) but this is very unlikely.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Mostly because I give not even a tiny part of a shit about people who don't want to see spoilers
Translation: Kush doesn't give even a tiny part of a shit about Kuno. Got it.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
Lady Kuno

It was new spoiler stuff.

I don't tell my students I don't want spoilers because they'll take it as a personal challenge to spoil me, no matter how good of a student they are. I tell them we'll talk about it later or whatever and they start talking about it anyway. At least 2 students just today.

Don't be an asshole and post spoilers on UPN outside of the thread.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

There's new stuff? Surprised I didn't get spoiled when I hopped into the other thread to see if they were still arguing about {stuff loosely connected to last week's spoiler}. Well, that thread's back on ignore then.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #37
Lady Kuno

Yeah last weeks stuff. It's still new.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Mostly because I give not even a tiny part of a shit about people who don't want to see spoilers
Thanks
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #39
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
In the end, they can grab animals from wherever they want. Japan does not have native populations of platypuses (Firefox shouted at me for typing "platypi" >_>; ), wolves, camels, or cacti, but that sure didn't stop them from placing those Pokémon in regions based off of Japanese geography. Likewise, I don't recall ever seeing any polar bears or zebras in the wilds of New England.

...What platypus pokemon are there? Because I would've fan-squealed if I would of seen one. Platypus = cutest thing in existence, personally.

Hoping for a Cardinal in X and a Bluejay in Y.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #40
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I thought Psyduck was pretty platypus-y?
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #41
Toyo
hail

This is BW Psyduck's back sprite.

Tail isn't beaver-y or flat enough to be considered a platypus, personally. :P
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyoyo3131 View Post

...What platypus pokemon are there? Because I would've fan-squealed if I would of seen one. Platypus = cutest thing in existence, personally.
Psyduck has always struck me as a platypus-like creature. The bill is incredibly broad and of appreciable size. He's also a non-winged quadruped with stubby little claw-like hands, like a platypus and not like waterfowl.

And yeah, cardinals and blue jays are beautiful birds, so their inclusion would be pretty nice. Here's simply hoping they have decent stats, typings, and/or movepools if and when they finally do show up. If they never evolve, fine, but I don't want another Chatot. -_-;
Old 02-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #43
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Personally I think Psyduck is takes inspiration from both the platypus and ducks.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #44
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Personally I think Psyduck is takes inspiration from both the platypus and ducks.
I'd agree. It's a combination of them. Psyduck is awesome.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #45
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Sigh...

Just because the Pokemon is based on something, doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy of that creature. Seriously! People keep nitpicking about one minor detail which is different and claim it's not that animal.

And honestly, platypus tails aren't very beaver-ish either. In fact, Psyduck's tail looks very much like that of a platypus. It's arguably not as fat or as flat, but it is covered in fur.

Meanwhile, beavers have a flat, broad, and scaly tail.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #46
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I thought Psyduck and Golduck were based off numerous things, including ducks, platypi, and more modern depictions of Kappa.

Now I want to give a Psyduck a cucumber
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #47
deoxys
Fog Badge

Yeah I was always under the impression Psyduck and Golduck were based off of Kappa
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Yeah I was always under the impression Psyduck and Golduck were based off of Kappa
Did you even know what a kappa was when you first saw a Psyduck?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #49
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

No funny bowl haircut. No bowl of water on the head or even a bald spot. No turtle shell. Not seeing the Kappa here.

Meanwhile, all the basic platypus traits are on a Psyduck even down to the color and aside from the badassitude and blue shade, on Golduck as well.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #50
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
No funny bowl haircut. No bowl of water on the head or even a bald spot. No turtle shell. Not seeing the Kappa here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Just because the Pokemon is based on something, doesn't mean it has to be an exact copy of that creature.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News