UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2021, 09:57 PM   #51
Sneaze
Mrow?

I see no issue with this, given we have plenty of type boost items anyway.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:02 PM   #52
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Am fine with it.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 01:32 PM   #53
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

third mod agreeing
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 01:21 PM   #54
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So since discussion is back on the table, it's been no secret I've wanted this for some time now, so let's talk- the ability to set both Charizardites into one single Mega Stone accessory. This would obviously not allow the Charizard to like switch back and forth between its two Mega Evolutions at will in a single battle, but rather just gives you the choice which one to Mega Evolve it into without having to go and switch around held items.

And yes, this would mean allowing it for both Mewtwonites as well, but like, is that really a big problem? You already have to go through a dedicated legendary adventure to get Mewtwo anyway, still gotta acquire both Mega Stones. This wouldn't be allowing someone more power than they already have access to, it just makes things a bit more convenient for them overall.
Old 01-01-2024, 07:38 PM   #55
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
So since discussion is back on the table, it's been no secret I've wanted this for some time now, so let's talk- the ability to set both Charizardites into one single Mega Stone accessory. This would obviously not allow the Charizard to like switch back and forth between its two Mega Evolutions at will in a single battle, but rather just gives you the choice which one to Mega Evolve it into without having to go and switch around held items.

And yes, this would mean allowing it for both Mewtwonites as well, but like, is that really a big problem? You already have to go through a dedicated legendary adventure to get Mewtwo anyway, still gotta acquire both Mega Stones. This wouldn't be allowing someone more power than they already have access to, it just makes things a bit more convenient for them overall.
Yeah, we have talked about this as a mod team a few times and the answer is one stone per accessory. We wish for people to make a conscious effort between which mega stones they have equipped. We're fine with people swapping them in adventures, but it needs to be a conscious effort on which stone is equipped by a Pokemon.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 09:03 PM   #56
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, it's sad to see that my vision for a double Charizardite brace won't be happening, but I can't pretend I didn't see this as a valid possibility. Appreciate the answer all the same, just got some thinking to do before I go back to the Boutique now.
Old 01-06-2024, 07:59 PM   #57
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Has there been any discussion about rolling all of the individual Rotom-form items into a Rotom Catalog like it's portrayed in the games from SWSH onward? I understand why it would potentially not be approved but I'm sure that those reasons could be overcome with a "no switching in the middle of battle/an adventure" rule if it really came down to it.
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 05:16 AM   #58
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shift View Post
Has there been any discussion about rolling all of the individual Rotom-form items into a Rotom Catalog like it's portrayed in the games from SWSH onward? I understand why it would potentially not be approved but I'm sure that those reasons could be overcome with a "no switching in the middle of battle/an adventure" rule if it really came down to it.

Legit would be fine with this. I see no reason to keep them separate anymore other than go waste money.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:43 PM   #59
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, one thing I remember that came up in conversation last year and was kinda shelved for the time being- the notion of being able to get the Torque moves on a regular Revavroom. What are we thinking there? I for one am all for it, personally, and if the Move Tutor can be of use in making this a thing, you got my full cooperation on it.

EDIT: On that note, I do have something else to suggest as far as the Move Tutor itself goes; I would very much like if we could reverse the decision to forbid unnatural MT moves. I know the reason was to prevent every Pokémon from having Mew-sized movepools, but... they're already there as it is! There are 340 moves teachable via TM that in FB can be learned by anything and everything, and with the main series moving away from move tutoring as a concept, the overlap between TM moves and MT moves is growing just about constantly. In fact, to drive home my point, here is every single move that is teachable in FB as an MT move but not as a TM move:
  1. Ancient Power
  2. Aqua Tail
  3. Magnet Rise
  4. Rising Voltage
  5. Synthesis
  6. Worry Seed
  7. Corrosive Gas
  8. Gastro Acid
  9. Magic Coat
  10. Role Play
  11. Signal Beam
  12. String Shot
  13. After You
  14. Bind
  15. Block
  16. Covet
  17. Heal Bell
  18. Laser Focus
  19. Last Resort
  20. Power Shift
  21. Terrain Pulse
  22. Ominous Wind
  23. Steel Roller
  24. Ice Ball
  25. Dual Chop
  26. Twister
  27. Sucker Punch
  28. Baby-Doll Eyes

A relatively paltry 28 moves. Allowing these to be unnaturally teachable isn't going to break the game by any stretch of the imagination. It certainly didn't back when they actually could be taught unnaturally, some of these are actually still unnaturally teachable in FB via various custom items, and being real, most of these will probably become TM moves down the road at some point anyway. The only ones I could see not becoming TM moves are the ones that have been axed from the main series anyway, such as Signal Beam and Ominous Wind. And maybe String Shot.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-10-2024 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:29 PM   #60
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yeah I'm kinda with MM here, MT moves and TM moves are rapidly approaching the point where the former is a subset of the latter. There are vastly more TM-exclusive moves than MT-exclusive moves iirc, I'd have to update the charts to be sure. Personally I'd like to just do away with the distinction wrt the Move Tutor and just say that if you're willing to pay for it, it can be taught. ...I'd also genuinely consider just calling those moves TMs and moving forward with the times as the main games seem to be doing away with the concept of a move tutor.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:45 AM   #61
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I'd appreciate the restriction being lifted for the Calendar at least since I like to list all possible MT Moves (including cross gen) under one heading for spacing reasons, and having to look up which ones are legal each time gets bothersome especially with the bot down these days.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 01-13-2024 at 03:18 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 03:36 PM   #62
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
For the record: 28 exclusive MTs, 194 exclusive TMs. 139 moves are both.

WRT the calendar, I think we just go "2 natural TM/MT/EM moves, unnatural iff all pools are exhausted".
Old 01-13-2024, 07:04 PM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm personally not opposed to axing the natural stipulation for Calendar MTs. And honestly, on the subject of the Calendar, that's another thing. I feel like there could stand to be a little... more to the Pokémon birthdays, now that Contest stats and Bond have gone the way of the Coin. Admittedly I'm at a loss as to what, unless we're thinking just up the amount of levels, but even then I'm not sure that's the solution, either. Would love to hear more points of view on this.

>Calendar restricting TMs to natural as well as MTs

I'm not a fan of this, I'll be honest, and there's one thing in particular I want to bring up that kinda ties into my aversion to the "must have all Egg and natural MTs first" restriction in the first place- some people just don't want certain moves on their Pokémon. Like, for example, if my Seismitoad ever gets to the point where his only remaining natural MT moves are sound-based, and I can't teach him anything else in that slot in the Calendar, I'll straight-up forego a move in that slot, because Tinnitus is mute and I won't teach him any sound moves that require one's voice (Supersonic gets a pass because it's just him vibrating his head bumps). And then what? I'm locked out of unnatural MT moves on Tinnitus just because I want him to stay in character? Or I have to spend either a birthday milkshake or hard-earned Pokédollars to teach him a move he'll literally never use? This idea just lumps TMs into that problem as well- one of the few natural TM moves Cotton, my Slurpuff, has yet to learn is Rest. Cotton has Sweet Veil. He can't use Rest. Ergo, I won't teach it to him.

One of the things I love about FB is the freedom we get with teaching moves, and I feel like restricting them further, even just for the Calendar's purposes, doesn't fit with the spirit of the game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development