UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-20-2016, 10:50 AM   #51
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
C'mon guys. I threw you so many bones. Let's join GMs to show off my battle skills! Let's start reffing to show off my laziness and predisposition for long absences!
If you could either battle or ref like Muyo, you'd have won the GMs and gotten an A+.

. . . Or at least you'd be arrogant enough not to admit that you were actually Muyo if you hadn't won them/gotten an A+.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #52
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Ah, hello. Sorry, I really do feel out of place here...

Anywho, you may or may not recognize me from the PASBL section. You know, that somewhat childish and cute-obsessed weirdo who's a WHOOOLE lot different then everyone else? Yep, that's me! I joined nearly two years ago. I don't usually enter the other sections, but I frequent the ASB a lot (It's about the only thing I bother to do here!). I've been through alot and made some fairly good relationships but try to avoid the not-so-favorable individuals. But it gets difficult for me because I have an uncanny...aversion to certain things mixing with other things, and that shys me away from interacting with other people as a whole...That said I still try to do my best to get along with folks and leave a little more positive atmosphere.

Sometimes it got tough, and I nearly gave up...But I managed to survive so far! Life itself has had its high climbs and slippery slopes, but all in all I am well. I am glad that summertime is finally here and i'm hoping that whatever it brings leaves good memories this time around. Hopefully I can get custom user titles now!

Well, that's as far as i'll go when it comes to the mystery that is myself. I'll get out of your hair now. See you on the flip side!

Last edited by Trot Away; 06-20-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:34 AM   #53
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

I live, I die, I live again!
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #54
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Better late than never I guess, so Happy belated UPN day :P
(Edit: and I see this is my third UPN Day, after 2013 and 2014 as I missed 2015)

I've disappeared for a good long while, almost 2 years, after I just got my first job, and since then quite a lot has changed, though I still make a shitload of hours which I'm quite fine with at least for the time being.

I have just signed a permanent contract which I'm really happy with, even though it doesn't have to mean a thing if the situation turns bad, it really does help so much here to get a mortgage for example. I also have a new girlfriend, love her to bits and we match perfectly in the sense we're opposites in all things that don't really matter, while we're completely on the same line when it comes to the important things in life. So much so in fact that I proposed last time I was in the Philippines (December) and she said yes so we're engaged!

There's a whole bureaucratic system coming our way now, with plenty of paperwork and all kinds of criteria to meet, but that's what we're focusing on now and I hope we'll have made a whole lot of progress by the time UPN day 2017 comes along.

Last edited by Escalion; 06-20-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #55
phoopes
Double Dragon

Hey just like last year I was away on UPN day but here I am posting late!

5th UPN Day. It's weird to me, I thought about it the other day and I realized that I've visited this website for over a quarter of the days in my life. I'm not too active in ASB anymore (though I'm in a match right now because lol why not) but I really am happy that this place exists. It's such a home for me on the Internet. And I can't wait to meet some of you next month!

As for real life, in the past year I finished my first year of college! I started out as a statistics major but I ended up changing to secondary education with a focus in math, so that'll be super fun once I start taking education classes. I'm still playing water polo in college, and I feel like we've been doing really well as a team and I'm also improving as a player (even though I'm sliiiightly gaining weight haha). I haven't had a lot of time for the piano but that changed now that I'm home for the summer. And I also have an apartment next year so I'll have room for a keyboard which will be really nice. So yeah, currently my life is in a really good place! And I'm happy to be posting here for a 5th year.

<3
Old 06-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #56
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

I was away on UPN day so better late than never I suppose.

UPN is a community I recently joined but I think it's one of the best. I've been a long time member of the SPPF forums (since 2008) but I never found the community as nice as this one. Everyone is so kind and helpful and made me feel right at home almost instantly.

Not to mention the interesting RPGs around like Wild Future, as well as the Fizzy Bubbles community.

As for real life and junk, I'm working on moving in with my boyfriend which is super exciting other than the fact he really doesn't like Pokemon. My bird is soon to celebrate his first birthday (the 21st of July, he's a cutie too) and I'm starting college for Elementary School Education with a minor in Humanities in September.

Stay cool people <3
Old 06-20-2016, 01:33 PM   #57
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I'll allow it since it's been 24 hours of my posting this thread.

Also reading all your stories, how is it everyone is in a relationship and I'm still sitting here like Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #58
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
If you could either battle or ref like Muyo, you'd have won the GMs and gotten an A+.

. . . Or at least you'd be arrogant enough not to admit that you were actually Muyo if you hadn't won them/gotten an A+.
Funny enough, I actually did win a GM
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #59
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Don't worry, Kuno, I'm still single. By no means am I 'ready to mingle', but I'm single nonetheless.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:33 PM   #60
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
I'll allow it since it's been 24 hours of my posting this thread.

Also reading all your stories, how is it everyone is in a relationship and I'm still sitting here like Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Preach it. But then my UPN Day post last year detailed about how I was single, so.

So about that username colour change...
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #61
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
So about that username colour change...
User title color change.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #62
Mercutio
Banned

No shit.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #63
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
User title color change.
That was a typo that got fixed. Even if I manually changed peoples user titles, you wouldnt be able to change your title again or else you'd lose the color. User titles work weird.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #64
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

The joke is that Kuno changed Deo's username colour, thus everyone will now nag him for that.

If that weren't obvious.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #65
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Thanks for the custom title enabling Kuno :o

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #66
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
The joke is that Kuno changed Deo's username colour, thus everyone will now nag him for that.

If that weren't obvious.
I wouldn't mind a color change either to be honest, to say the color pink of this text #FFB7C5 :x
Chances that I will ever want a name change are zero anyways so that wouldn't be a problem
Old 06-20-2016, 04:21 PM   #67
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Esca pls
Old 06-20-2016, 04:23 PM   #68
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Guys, guys, calm down! Differently-colored usernames denote people in positions of power- it makes it easy to spot the mods. The reason Deo was able to get his color changed is because he already was a Gold-n-Bold. The rest of us are just gonna have wait to earn that status!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:37 PM   #69
Mercutio
Banned

Can confirm: username colour denotes power over the mortals.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:22 PM   #70
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Overthrow the bourgeoisie! Let every Frenchman have equal to right to color!
Old 06-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #71
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Can confirm: username colour denotes power over the mortals.
Power over mortals and even some lesser immortals, from what I understand.

I think this is my 4th UPN Day...? Not sure if they had them back in '03-'05 because my memory is nonexistent. I'm disappointed that I lost a lot of my inspiration over the past year and let a lot of writing projects drop, particularly in the RP Forum, but I'm hoping to start something new very soon.

As for real life, I finally got a new job this past year that doesn't suck! It's eating my life, of course, but it's done much to improve my mental status (when I'm not running around screaming because a deadline is approaching, that is). Also, money is good. Just got a new laptop last week to replace my old, shitty one. It has a backlit keyboard~ <3
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:07 PM   #72
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
I wouldn't mind a color change either to be honest, to say the color pink of this text #FFB7C5 :x
Chances that I will ever want a name change are zero anyways so that wouldn't be a problem
Put on Momo no Soonansu board layout (the best layout), BOOM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:22 AM   #73
AK2
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to AK2 Send a message via Skype™ to AK2
Happy birthday UPN

I actually DO have a UPN story, but the time of night right now.... I will post it in the next couple of days. I'm not sure if Talon ever heard it before.

As inactive as I am, it's a nice corner of the internet, and i'm glad it's still here. Fondest memories being the summer of 99. Some of he best days of my life- take that Bryan Adams!

May UPN make it to 20, 30, whatever years it makes it! Remember, a board is only as strong as it's members, and the only thing I could wish for more for this board would be for more old members to pop in and share how their life is, and for the board continue to find new members who can grow with it and help it thrive.

To all UPNERS who have been here 6 months or longer: this will always be our tuft. To those who are newer members: welcome. This is a great home and community. It may not be as big as other pokemon boards (but honestly, has it really been about that for years now?), and it may not be as modern as Reddit, but UPN is a real gem in the vast ocean of the internet.

I never personally got along with Jaxel, but if your reading this some day: thank you for that board, you really created a magical community. To everyone who has continued the baton-pass and kept this board alive since 2001: thank you. You are the reason I am able to make this post tonight.

I hope that a bored 14 year old (my age when I joined) who is at home this summer and wants to find a "just right" message board is able to have the same magical summer I had once upon a time. You will not always get along with everyone, and sometimes the board may have very dry spells, but im sure you will make many wonderful friends, memories, and topic threads/posts.
AK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:13 AM   #74
sweetbbydoll
Kawaii ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Even if I manually changed peoples user titles, you wouldnt be able to change your title again or else you'd lose the color. User titles work weird.
But if you truly want to keep the color, you make it work! I always try to work out an avatar that would fit the user title...which I haven't changed in a good long time, either.

Well, I think this is UPN year 4 for me. I thought about changing my username but I'm ehhh. I'm fine with what I have already. Still don't have that Cascade Badge...jeez. That's probably due to not having much time to post now a days. Even my time in Fizzy Bubbles and Wild Future has slowed and I'm sure will come to a complete stop in some time. For now, I'll enjoy the memories, and look forward to future adventures.

Last edited by sweetbbydoll; 06-21-2016 at 01:19 AM.
sweetbbydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:22 AM   #75
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
My first UPN day as a real adult! Weird!
I actually thought you were a lot older than me 0-0

Spoiler: show

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork