UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Mega Dunsparce UPN Day 2016!

It's that time of year! Although this year I was fairly busy and forgot until now. Shoutout to Jerichi for reminding me. Oops!

So what the heck did you accomplish this last year? Anything good happen? Anything bad happen? What about your life since joining this humble website?

As per the usual, post your UPN story and I'll allow you to be able to change your user title whenever you want. Ooh, fancy. Also I think I said something about posting here for three years and I'll allow you a one-time user name change.

So anyway, happy UPN Day!

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

My first UPN day as a real adult! Weird!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
Extroph
Oreburgh's Very Own

My first UPN day post. Let's see...

This year, I studied abroad for the first time! I went to Morocco and Spain. I told plenty of UPN friends and acquaintances about the trip beforehand and even shared pictures with them! I can post some on the Picture Thread if people are interested.

Other than that... I recently got my friend to join Wild Future! He's a hardcore Pokemon fan like myself, and I'm sure he will enjoy the RPG.

PASBL|FB|WF
Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
Trainer Level 3
C Grade Referee

Extroph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #4
Sneaze
Mrow?

I'm like 90% sure you didn't mean to include the word color there, Kuno.

Either way, happy UPN Day to all and to all a good... something.

Post stories new people!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #5
Fairfax
Diesel Jeans

Send a message via Skype™ to Fairfax
I joined UPN this year! Happy first UPN day to me!

I mainly joined to be a part of the ASB league, which I discovered through the Bulbapedia page, of all things. Since then, I've become an active part of the sub-community, and I just got my referee application approved last week! I've also finished my first year at University, and started cooking my own food. Don't know if that's related to joining UPN, but no one can prove that it isn't.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #6
Mercutio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
My first UPN day as a real adult! Weird!
Stop being young.

Kuno can you give me the power to edit other peoples' avatars to be pictures of my face? I feel like there are not enough pictures of my face.

Anyway hi everyone, UPN is pretty great.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:37 PM   #7
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Wait, user title color? =o

Anywhoo, not much really has changed for me this past year though RL has kept me busy. Cheers for another year!

Last edited by uhhhhh; 06-19-2016 at 01:45 PM.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #8
Beautiful Savage
Oh, hello

Oh boy, my first UPN day. How exciting.

I came here through ASB, and I'd like to thank everyone for accepting me into the community and all that. Certainly helped me through my busy Junior year of highschool, so that was nice. I've done a lot of cool stuff since then, touring in Peru and winning some big band competitions at what not. So yeah, thanks for having me. Here's to another year!

Also WF rocks and if you're not doing it you're missing out.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #9
RealMrGame10
CAN'T BELIEVE KH3 IS HERE

Mudkip UPN Day #2 (though it's the third I've been around for)

What's up, guys? You may or may not know me, but I'm RealMrGame10, sometimes called RMG or Rhee. I had a three-four month hiatus last year, but returned around New Years. What to say? I know that prior to my extended absence, I was still maturing and didn't really understand responsibility all that much. Which isn't to say I'm a lot better now, but at least I'm self-aware! lol. UPN has always been a safe haven for me of sorts, not just because the people are super awesome human beings (though a lot of you are) or even because I always have fun doing forum things here (mostly ASB), but because we're all so diverse in interests despite being drawn together in a Pokemon forum, and I absolutely adore being able to hear from people in Australia, Great Britain, and people right here in my home of the United States. It's been an awesome year so far. Thanks for everything, guys. Here's to a great one to come.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

D- Ref on PASBL
(PASBL squad!)
Let's go WILD
I will battle for cheap

lol who knows
RealMrGame10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #10
deoxys
Fog Badge

Okay, okay kiddies, gather around and let Grampa Deo tell you of a time long past.

...On second thought, nah. You get a TL;DR, it's been told a billion times:

Joined BMGf in 1999. Site moved elsewhere and I was unable to locate the page. Lurked old UPN. Old UPN goes down too. Don't find new UPN until 2003. Joined new UPN. Joined FB. Got up to a lot of shenanigans that 13 year old little shits get up to. Been around ever since. Upvotes to the left.

edit: yikes
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #11
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
I'm like 90% sure you didn't mean to include the word color there, Kuno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
Wait, user title color? =o
Yeah that was a mistake. Oops.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #12
Aposteriori
Banned

I joined UPN because I have a mutual love for Pokemon as my partner. This place has grown on me. I can't wait to see what other things come along as time progresses. Really looking forward to gen VII.

I have accomplished relatively few things. I'm working on my medical degree, which is always kicking my ass but it will be worth it someday.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #13
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Okay, okay kiddies, gather around and let Grampa Deo tell you of a time long past.

...On second thought, nah. You get a TL;DR, it's been told a billion times:

Joined BMGf in 1999. Site moved elsewhere and I was unable to locate the page. Lurked old UPN. Old UPN goes down too. Don't find new UPN until 2003. Joined new UPN. Joined FB. Got up to a lot of shenanigans that 13 year old little shits get up to. Been around ever since. Upvotes to the left.

edit: yikes
Give me an html color you want broseph.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:44 PM   #14
Snorby
Snackin'

First UPN Day I've remembered to post for! Woo-hoo!

This has been an eventful year for me, full of ups and downs. I've found myself a nice girl, I got gud at ASB, I've joined and started having a lot of fun in WF, and have started managing to venture out of the ASB section into wider UPN- something I'm enjoying very much. On the downside, I've struggled with depression this year and my marks in school are consequently poor- not everything can be perfect! I've made some great friends this year both IRL and on UPN, and I'm looking forward to more good times here in the future c:

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #15
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Well damn Kuno, I thought you forgot!

Back when I was a wee 12 year old, I had access to the internet for the first time in my life, and pretty much the only thing I liked was Pokemon. A quick google search eventually led me to SPPf, and holy god, I found a community with thousands of people who liked Pokemon, just like me! This was pretty crazy at the time; in the era of YGO being the most popular thing on the schoolyard, I didn't think there was anyone who liked Pokemon anymore.

So, I trolled around SPPf for a few weeks, before I eventually came to the ASB subforum. I posted my squad, with a bunch of terrible sigs, and then posted in Open Challenges "I challenge Kyuu-Tales to a battle." She was the only trainer actively viewing ASB at the time, so I figured why not? Surprisingly, she humored me and took the match. S_M reffed. Within 20 minutes of ordering, S_M hadn't reffed, so I bumped him. What a surprise I was in for.

Being an ASB member of course, I needed to have a match over here on UPN, so in 2006, I created a UPN account. Most of my time here has been spent in ASB, although I was part of FB for a couple of years. By the time I entered university, I was only around on and off due to the workload I had. I've only come back recently, as I graduated.

10 years later, I'm a grad student at TAMU in mathematics, I'm published, have another paper in pre-publication status, and I'm getting paid to go to school. Fortunately, my hours now are going to be much better, so I plan to stick around this time!
Old 06-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #16
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Goomy GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Happy UPN day my dear loves!~ I've been a part of the community for three years now. It feels... Weirdly awesome xd. I can't wait to meet everyone coming to the meet up next month! Thank you all for supporting me as I went through High School. It was fun and nice.

Also, Kuno, since you have the post three years in this thread in a row, and I already had you change my username. Would it be possible to have a usertitle color? If not I perfectly understand! Keep making UPN great everyone

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:20 PM   #17
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
6 YEARS YEAH BOIIIIIIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
I've made some of the best and closest friends on UPN and hopefully next year I'll get to see a lot of them!

As little as you guys have seen me on here, I'm afraid it's only get worse as I start my college's nursing program in the fall ^^;
A year later and I can't believe that meeting my friends in real life is actually going to come true ;v; With about three weeks left to go the excitement just keeps getting higher! Nursing school is kicking my ass but I'm getting by, and even though I don't do much here on UPN anymore I still check the site every day ^^;

It's great how we still get new people that end up finding a home here, it makes me really happy~ I don't have much else to say since I've been doing this for a while and nothing important has happened really, but I just want to say thanks again to Kuno and everyone for being great friends <3

Sometimes I feel like I want to change my username to just "Daisy" but I dunno, I guess I'm not ready to handle that kind of change lol

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #18
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post

Sometimes I feel like I want to change my username to just "Daisy" but I dunno, I guess I'm not ready to handle that kind of change lol
I feel you... only reason I keep deoxys is because everyone here knows me as deo, and it was the name I picked when I first joined in 2003. Thing is, I only picked it because back then, getting a legendary Pokemon name on a Pokemon board was "special", and deoxys was available. Meanwhile literally everywhere else online I've unified my username under 'hiero', but I have given it thought and I just don't think I'll ever be able to change it from deoxys on here (again... but we won't talk about that)

Kuno: #8040bf... hopefully it's not too dark. Thanks man.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #19
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Oh yeah, this is a thing isn't it.

I'm surviving.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:30 PM   #20
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Hawlucha Oh shit I'm actually home for UPN day for once

Happy UPN Day everyone!!! This is my second year posting here on this day (but third year I've actually been around for it) and I just want to thank you all for all of the support and good times we've shared this year. I know my UPN activity may have dwindled since my departure from ASB, but this has also allowed me to venture a bit out to other parts of the site every now and then. Also, thanks to the Discord I can keep in touch with everyone no matter what, which is awesome.

Last year, I posted about how you guys were there for me to get me through the dark times. Well this year I'm glad to say that things have really been looking up. I graduated as valedictorian of my high school class, and I'm headed to Villanova in the fall to pursue a degree in Computer Engineering. I've got a summer job I enjoy with flexible hours and decent pay. I'm working through my social anxiety and have managed to find a really great group of friends, some of whom which will be coming with me to college next year. I've drastically improved my performance skills for both playing the piano and singing (and hopefully get some videos up to show you guys soon). Finally, I'm coming to terms with my sexuality and even came out to my brother about it, and he was supportive.

So yeah, I've been doing well lately, so I want to thank you guys for being there every step of the way, and I want you all to know that I'm always here if anyone wants to talk about anything at all. Love you guys!
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #21
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
And happy UPN day peoples!

As for stuff that happened over the last year... Uni started, and... that's about it. My life is boring and dull.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #22
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

On one hand being on UPN for two-three years surprises me, but on the other hand there are many people who have been on here for longer and make me seem generally young.

I'm also nowhere near graduating high school yet and other people are moving up in the world. Feeling kinda smol

Also nice post icon
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #23
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
On one hand being on UPN for two-three years surprises me, but on the other hand there are many people who have been on here for longer and make me seem generally young.

I'm also nowhere near graduating high school yet and other people are moving up in the world. Feeling kinda smol

Also nice post icon
Literally this.

Also because nobody remembers me hi im dirkac im an asshole and i joined because asb
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #24
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Inkay Lemme swim wit' mah peoples!

It is finally time... for my second UPN Day! What am I doing with my life?

So, over this past year, I've managed to survive the ridiculousness that was my Junior Year, built a greenhouse for a retirement home, narrowly earned my Eagle, and managed to cement myself as a member of the friendgroup I joined last year. Now I'm kinda stuck at home listening to my father complain about me being anti-social and his inability to work (he just got a major jaw surgery), never mind fact that all of said friends are currently out of state- heck, one of them's out of hemisphere!

I've decided to be pretty inactive in PASBL this year since I always wind up denying others of a complete match whenever school gets involved, and that's just kinda rude. I'll try my best to keep myself within the community, though, since I plan to get back to it once Senior year is over and done with. I'll definitely keep up with Wild Future, though, since that one doesn't have the strict time limits ASB does! I should probably act on that after this, huh?

Other than that, I really hope this next year will be a significantly better one than the past few have been- not just for me, but for everyone gathered here today. And with that, I shall make my exit!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 03:20 PM   #25
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I usually don't post on UPN Day because I'm already able to change around my user title but hey, I might as well at some point right?

Let's see...its been five years since I joined UPN. It seems like a lot but then I remember there is people who have been on UPN for a lot longer than I have. I started out on Serebii with ASB, came over to UPN, made some shitty squads, some shitty sigs, did some shitty things, then kind of came back from it? Went to FB, left FB, and I've been semi-active on the forums. FF is still my baby, I'm a double Earth badge girl, and what else can I see about my actual time here.

What I can talk about though is the bonds that I've formed with people here, the friends I'll never forget and even my boyfriend who I've had the delight of coming to know because of UPN. This was a home and a port during stormy weather, and well still is, and I'm pretty thankful for the community that is here; I probably wouldn't have survived if it wasn't for you guys.

Thanks for everything~.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork