UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 03-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Justified alignment.

I hope this is the right place! I do a lot in the RP forums, where the formatting of a post or thread can be really important. Now, for anyone who might not know, justified alignment increases the spacing between words to render both the right and left edges of a text smooth and even -- it's basically if left and right align had a baby, and that baby was flawless. Now, I'm wondering if there's any way we could get justified alignment implemented for UPN forums? I personally find it to be a valuable formatting tool, but it's typically non-standard in forums, and requires some administrator fiddling to turn it on.

I thought if enough people saw the use in it, it might justify (/ba dum tish) someone going in and flipping the switches, so to speak. Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.

- Tate

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 03-21-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #2
deoxys
Fog Badge

I did some looking around. I'm not sure there are any 'switches' to flip for this. Not sure how familiar you are with it, but does it require adding some CSS to the system?

ex.

text-align: justify;

.postcontent {
text-align: justify;
word-wrap: break-word;
}

Something like this? Either way, totally up to Kuno
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #3
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Im afraid I'm not much help, personally. :c I just know it's technically possible. I admit I was being a bit flippant about the process when I mentioned flipping switches -- I would imasgine it would involve some tweaking to the source code.

Sorry, I know I suck; making suggestions with no idea how to implement them, and all! I just... have strong feelings about justify alignment. o3o

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #4
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

This kind of thing is usually something we'd have to involve moo in so it might be tricky to implement sadly.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
If it helps, there is a justify tag in BBCode that seems to allow for justified text. Though VBulletin doesn't have it by default, the admins can add some BBCode to the system, such as [j] and [/j] to account for justified text, and what Deo said about admin things has a hint of truth within. This link I found regarding BBCode is damn helpful as it also demonstrates how said tags work and provide examples, and even if Kuno can't or doesn't wish to implement justified alignment, you can easily set your own tags up.

[b]Additionally I learned about the noparse tag which stops tags from parsing and plops them down as typed, which looks a bit better than the standard code tag I see used sometimes.[/b]

EDITUM: One for tha admins here that explains how to add new BBCode in vBulletin.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #6
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Off-topic, but that noparse code is so neato. o:

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #7
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I know Kuno has added custom tags before but I don't have access to those functions.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 03-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

This is one of those things I guess I'll never understand? I don't know why anyone would need this.

That being said, people seem to want it so I added it.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #9
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Thank you so much, Lady Kuno! I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I think it boils down to my anal retentiveness. Having one edge ragged just looks so sloppy to me, and it drives me Golbatty. Anyway, you've definitely made my day~!

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #10
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

SMS Kaiser was the lead ship of her class of battleships of the Imperial German Navy. The ship was built by the Imperial Dockyard at Kiel, launched on 22 March 1911, and commissioned in August 1912 with ten 30.5-centimeter (12.0 in) guns and a top speed of 23.4 knots (43.3 km/h; 26.9 mph). Kaiser was assigned to the Third Squadron of the High Seas Fleet for the majority of World War I. The ship participated in most of the major fleet operations of the war, including the Battle of Jutland on 31 May – 1 June 1916, where she was hit once, suffering negligible damage. The ship was also present during Operation Albion in the Baltic Sea in September and October 1917, and at the Second Battle of Heligoland Bight in November 1917. After the war she was interned with other ships of the High Seas Fleet at Scapa Flow in Scotland. In June 1919 the commander of the interned fleet, Rear Admiral Ludwig von Reuter, ordered the fleet to be scuttled to ensure that the British would not be able to seize the ships. Kaiser's wreck was raised in 1929 and broken up in Rosyth in 1930. (Full article...)

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork