UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

That Dupe Glitch

Be careful with it, but here's the since deleted original post on the nintendo forum.

"Pokemon Duplicating?

Yes thats right! I was testing it for hours last night. Until I finally got it. My first duplicate over the GTS System.
I'm not the type of person who likes to "cheat".
So why did I do it? Because I love to test glitches, I love glitches period.

So today I am proud to announce the FIRST glitch ever discovered on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

The Cloning Glitch
*Credit goes to Me(Saves), XERO, and ALTRIKDOUT21*

Rules:
* NO SPAMMING
* NO FLAMMING
* NO TRADING(including friend code/GTS Trade. THIS IS NOT ALOUD!)
* And use common sense guys. If I missed a rule. You all should know what it is...

Notes:
* You can clone both ITEMS and POKEMON
* You need WI-FI to be able to preform this glitch
* Your file is 100% Safe from being deleted(Your game has double save technology, where it stores the other saved file as a BACKUP)
* Make sure to ALWAYS offer your pokemon to a pokemon that no one will have. That way noone takes your pokemon during the process.
* If you wanna DUPLICATE a Item, Give the desired item to the pokemon you are willing to duplicate.

User Notes:
This is a new section where users can actually add notes that would be beneficial to the community. If you would like to add a "User Note" please PM me. Though I can't garentee all of your notes will be posted. Unless I find them very helpful.
* I found out that Dial-up users would have to wait 2 "ticks" after 8 1/2 turns for the cloning glitch to work for them. -NICK25

Instructions:
Step 1
Goto to the Global Trading Station(GTS). And Log in.

Step 2
Once your in the main menu of the Global Trading Station. Goto "Deposit". Since this is your FIRST time doing so. use a Pokemon that you don't care about.

Step 3
Depost the pokemon(that you don't like) into the GTS, make sure you offer it for a Pokemon that NO ONE would trade for it. Cause if someone trades for the pokemon in the GTS, Then the whole process goes bye bye.

Step 4
This is the hard part. It should even be considered as the main step into duplicating your Pokemon.
If you are afraid your Pokemon would be traded during the Process, then please refer to the Article about "Preventing Your Pokemon from being Traded".

After depositing your Pokemon It will now say: "Checking GTS's Status...." Then on the VERY RIGHT of that message. You will see a CLOCK.
The clock is considered as a LOADING CLOCK. Well this Little clock here is the KEY to duplicating your pokemon succesfuly.

Alright you want your Clock to go around 8 Times. On the 8th spin. SHUT YOUR DS OFF.
It DOESN'T have to be exactly 8 spins! If you cannot get it to go around 8 times, then please read the Article about "If your DS doesn't make it to the 8th spin".
Your goal is to shut your DS OFF 1 TICK before it the loading is complete.
*Make sure your not to close to your router for this. The Closer.. You are, the faster the connection.

Heres a little .Gif Animation (In my pictures). I hope this helps alot of people. If this animation has helped you with the glitch. Please PM me immediatly.

Step 5
Turn your game on. You should get a error message:
"Your file has been corrupted. Previous file will be loaded"

Don't worry. This is normal. Your file is SAFE. Don't belive me? Then please go somewhere else.

Step 6
Log back into GTS. If done correctly. you should have 1 POKEMON in your BOX/PARTY and the other in GTS waiting for your to retrieve it.

Step 7
LOGOUT AND SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!!!

If your DS doesn't make it to the 8th spin:
1. Deposit a Pokemon that has no value. Example: Bidoof, Starly, ect.
2. Once you deposit, you would find a message saying "Checking GTS's Status" along with a clock.
3. Count exactly how many spins it takes until the trade started. Repeat this step and log down how many diffrent results you've counted. Do it about 3-5 times.
4. After completing your log. See where your clock stoped MOST of the times. Lets say your clock always stopped at 7.30. Then next time you do it, you would shut it off at 7.25, or possibly 7.15.

Preventing Your Pokemon from being Traded:
Follow these 4 easy steps. And your Pokemon will be less likely to be traded.
1. Never, I repeat. NEVER ask for a Legendary Pokemon, Hackers ALWAYS go for them first.
2. Choose a Pokemon that no one would have in their box. EXAMPLE: Oddish, Starly, Mankey, Gastly, Ect.
3. NEVER ask for a level 9 and under Pokemon. ALWAYS ask for level 100.
4. To reduce the chances of your Pokemon being traded even more, is by specifying your Gender. This will reduce your Pokemon from being traded by a long shot."

Discuss.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: That Dupe Glitch

I look forward to slapping somebody as hard as I can across the back of his head, digitally, when I "steal" his Palkia fair-and-square in exchange for a Level 100 Abra. If everybody here agrees to raise one little tyke to Level 100, we could seriously pull this off. XD

That's really the only bad piece of advice I see here -- he's suggesting that people put it up in exchange for "Level 100s! Never below level 100!" Bullshit. The best tactic I've seen so far is to request an "impossible" creature like Below Level 9 Torterra. Now that's smart. The only people who could even POSSIBLY get that would be people using some sort of DS-capable GameShark. And I should hope that it wouldn't make it through the GTS anyway -- surely to God, Nintendo's got some sort of screen that checks for impossible creatures. -_-;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I found a glitch too! It also clones items, but it was for the Japanese version and I don't know if it carried over to the American.

===Ditto Item Duplication===
1) Enter a Double Battle in your game.
2) Send out a Ditto with no item and a Pokemon with the item you want to duplicate.
3) Have Ditto use Transform on the Pokemon with the item.
4) Switch the Pokemon that was stolen from with a Pokemon that can use Thief.
5) Use Thief on your own Ditto.
6) Win the battle.
Now the player obviously has two of that item.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Kuno and I disproved Loki's glitch for the English version of Pokemon Pearl. He tried Trick and Covet, I tried Covet and Thief. I tried Thief (specifically) three times on a Ditto who should have been holding a TM. I can confirm that at no point in the battle did Ditto reportedly have an item. It always said "No Item", when he was a Ditto, when he was a transformed Torterra, and when the battle was over.

Sorry, kids. You'll have to look elsewhere for cloning items.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:37 AM   #5
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

For anyone that's done this, there is 100% absolutely no way I can lose my data or the Pokemon I am putting up? >_> I'm super paranoid about these things.

I am asking because I need to dupe TMs for my team. I dont care about duping legends or shinys or anything but Nintendo is gay for giving out any 1time only TM and it's pretty retarded. So I want to dupe a couple of explosions (when I get it), stealth rocks, rock polish, roosts etc etc.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
Lady Kuno

Yay after trying all morning it finally worked with my test parasect w/up grade. >:3 Now to make some TMs.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm too afraid to lose my save data. ^_^; I figure I will try it out with the 3rd title of the D/P series if Nintendo hasn't rectified the bug by then. And if they have, oh well.

In the meantime ... could you be persuaded to duplicate Energy Ball (TM 53) and Shadow Ball in exchange for crap? It's a one-sided offer, but I have nothing to give, unless you're hurting for the three new evolution stones. I have 9 Dusk Stones, 8 Shiny Stones, and 5 Dawn Stones. So yeah, I'm not hurting in that department, and could trade you any number of these stones for your Mismagius/Honchkrow/Togekiss/I forget who else uses the Shiny Stone/Froslass/Gallade evolution purposes.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
Lady Kuno

Shadow Ball is easy to get cause it can be duped in Emerald. I'm sure Blast can get you one if you really want it. Also Energy Ball is a battle tower item. :P I'm mostly gonna focus on 1time only TMs because thats super gay.

I had a funny experience on the GTS before, on my 4th Stealth Rock I got disconnected completely from GTS when I tried to take my poke out. I thought I got banned or something but I just put away my original executor and it let me take it out. lol

Old 06-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #9
Loki

I have like at least 5 copies of every TM in Emerald. 10 Focus Punch TMs. 16 EQ TMs. 8 Shadow Ball, Psychic, T-bolt, Ice Beams, Flamethrowers, and a bunch of others.

And I'm only like 2 days away from beating the E4 and completing the Sinnoh sight 'dex unless I veer off of playing Diamond or something.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, I want "as many spare Shadow Balls as possible," but yeah, I'd settle for one for now.

Telling me that TMs purchasable in the Battle Tower are "already covered" is liking shoving a clod of mud down my throat. You know I can't handle the Battle Tower. It takes too fucking long. Read below for my latest ass-rapage by the Battle Tower:

So, I decided today to try and beat the WiFi group I lost to yesterday. I lost at Trainer 4. So I went to the WiFi lady and said, "Yes, I'd like to challenge the same room as before." And I played it. For 30 minutes. 30 minutes of my life I will never get back later, I had beaten all seven trainers and felt pretty psyched. But ... what's this? No Battle Points? wtf. So it was then I realized that you have to request a new room (or re-request the same room as though it was a new room) if you want to get the BP. Requesting the same room just counts as fucking offline practice. -_-;

Pissed off, I went to go do a Single Battle tour. My record was 14 straight wins, and in I went. On the second trainer, his Fearow was a girl and knew Attract. Two of my dudes are boys, and my genderless (Starmie) was dead. They both got Attracted, and not one of them, in five turns of battle, was able to launch a single attack at that Fearow. BULLSHIT.

0 Battle Points, and a broken Singles record. I fucking hate the Battle Tower. -_-;

So yeah. Unless you want me to think you're being assy and braggy, don't pass Battle Tower TMs off as "not worth cloning." Just say "Nah, that's okay, I don't need to clone 'em" or something. Not everybody has hours of their life to waste on the frustrating Battle Tower, Kuno. -_-;
Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
Lady Kuno

Stop doing the other crap and do the NORMAL battle tower. The one in the middle, standard battle. It's both really easy and 20 BP if you can beat the Tycoon.

Old 06-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #12
Talon87
時の彼方へ

*explodes* I just told you that I fucking lost at Trainer #16 because of Attract-hax and I'm fucking pissed with it. I'm DONE with Battle Tower. DONE. I'm going to get enough Battle Points to purchase a Choice Scarf and then that's it! I'm either never going to get the sexy BP-only TMs like Stone Edge, or I'm going to have to depend on your guys' charity. But since you're not feeling charitous enough to clone one simple BT TM when you're the guy who keeps saying they're all so easy to get, I guess I'm going to have to ask Reed or Muyo if they're willing to do the favor when I get back in 2 weeks. Or, later today if they're willing, ready, and reply in the next 18 hours.

Battle Tower takes way too fucking long. You get 3 BP per 30 minutes of time. So 1 BP per 10 minutes of time. That means, to get an item which costs 48 BP, it takes 480 minutes (or eight hours). Eight hours, just to get one fucking item. Ridiculous. *kicks GameFreak in the gonads until they no longer HAVE gonads*

It would totally be worth it if you could get Experience Points. But you don't. Not even for the WiFi battles. (I was misled ... somebody here claimed that when you fight WiFi, you level up. I forget who, and am too frustrated to look right now. -_-; But I'm fucking pissed, because there is NO WAY to gain Experience Points at the Satanic Battle Tower from Hell.)
Old 06-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I'll get you one for when you get back.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
Loki

Jeez. Your short temper is really kicking into overdrive. When your ulcer hits, don't say that your dad didn't warn you.

Anyway, a good way to counter Attract is to SWTICH. Assuming your Pokemon can take hits from Fearow, and your Pokemon are faster then Fearow, you really shouldn't have that many problems dealing with Attract.

And don't complain about losing to Attracthax, I've seen a Kecleon beat a Medicham that was passes 3 Speed Levels, a Swords Dance, a Substitute, an Ingrain, an Iron Defense, and 2 Calm Minds because of Attract.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
Lady Kuno

I found a more awesome way to clone glitch.

Quote:
I am assuming you already know the glitch. If you are like me, you probably spent a good few hours on this glitch and only got it to work a handful of times. You probably heard "wait 7.5 to 8 revolutions" or something of the sort. You probably heard, "get as far away from your router as possible." Well, those are both wrong, in fact you want to be able to see your router while you're doing this.

Anyway, first lets look at your router.(if you're using the Nintendo WiFi USB adapter then I"m sorry) I'm using a Linksys Wireless Router, I don't know the exact model off hand but its fairly new. If you have one then great. Anyway, there are three lights on that router. A steady green one on the left, a green light in the middle, and a green light that is always stuttering way on the right.(and id you want to be nitpicky, an orange one that lights up the Linksy's symbok)

What do these lights mean? Well, they are all unimportant to be honest, except the middle light, that is the one that is important, and if I recall correctly it's called WLAN, though I'm not 100% on that, I'm too lazy to get up and check right now. The name doesnt matter, in due time you will know what I'm talking about.

You may notice the light in the middle periodically blinking. That light basically blinks when ever data gets sent out or comes in from your router. Go ahead, test it out. When ever you click a link you'll notice this light blinks. Seriously, try it, refresh this page. Hit F5, you'll notice the light blinks every time you hit F5. It also blinks when ever you send an IM or recieve one. That's your computer recieving and sending out data to where ever. Get used to that blinking, because thats what you need to watch.

I disconnected all computers from the router to do this, if you have other people in your house using the computer or seeding torrents, then I am sorry, this just wont work for you. Go back to guessing at 7.0-8.5 revolutions. If you disconnect all computers from the router and notice the light is still blinking then that means you have some pesky neighbors, go get a hacker friend and brick their rig.

So, the only thing using my router was my DS. First of all, set up the glitch like normal and test out the blinking. Use a Bidoof. Choose your Bidoof, then the gender, then the level... after choosing the level its going to prompt you "Yes or No" hold it right here, this is where you're going to want to watch the light. After hitting yes this is where you'd usually start counting the revolutions. Instead, look at your router and hit yes. The instant you hit Yes you'll notice the light will blink, this is you sending out data. Well, about 10 to 15 seconds later you'll notice the light start blinking again, this is Nintendo pinging you back. Right after the light stops blinking, you'll notice the trade is going through. You can try this over and over again and you'll notice I'm right, and if you see blinks in between then, well something is sending out data using your router, its that simple.

Well, here's what you want to do to get the cloning glitch to work. Put your trade in, where you'd normally start counting revolutions watch your router like a hawk, you're going to have to not blink for about 15 seconds, so good luck. When you see the router blink for the second time, turn your DS off. You pretty much want to press the power button while the light is blinking and you want the power to be off before the light stops blinking, you have literally maybe a 25 millisecond window. I'd imagine this is easier with a DS light because you can just flick the switch down and not even look at your DS.
This worked really well for me, despite having a different router. My wireless light on the router constantly blinks at an even pace, and slightly faster blinking if something is sent/receieved. So even with something as annoying as that, I still managed to get it to work like 2/6 or so. Meanwhile the old method took me 2 hours this morning without a single sucess. :/ Yay for having 3 explosions. XD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON