UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #151
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
First attempt at a stall team. This is in the NU tier.

Articuno WRECKS shit.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu5926509
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #152
phoopes
Double Dragon

I stopped watching after I saw you didn't have Walrein on your NU stall team. :P

(Works even better now that Hail is unbanned)
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #153
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
I stopped watching after I saw you didn't have Walrein on your NU stall team. :P

(Works even better now that Hail is unbanned)
I still like Articuno better because it has SubRoost + Pressure.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #154
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Also it wasn't a HailStall team. Which allows for more variety at the cost of no arena advantage.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #155
phoopes
Double Dragon

Any permaweather in NU is great, though. True last gen and true this gen as well. Hell, even 6 Ice types can get you to Number 3 on the ladder. The team is a bit out of date, but still, kicked ass.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #156
Emi

An OU battle between me and a good friend. It was really close at the end, and I seriously wonder why Chandy is UU when it can be so good in OU.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou6294125
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #157
phoopes
Double Dragon

Because it's pretty slow without a Choice Scarf and Shadow Tag hasn't been released yet. Pretty sure it'll make the jump once its DW ability gets released. Wouldn't be surprised to see battles like this one (not one of mine, btw) once it is released, as the possibilities for trolling people are hilarious.

EDIT: Oops, wrong one. I'll see if I can find the correct one in a bit. This is Entrainment Truant Durant + Arena Trap Dugtrio. Similar concept.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #158
Emi

Shadow Tag chandy, if we go by what happened to Gothitelle, will probably go to Ubers.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #159
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Shadow Tag chandy, if we go by what happened to Gothitelle, will probably go to Ubers.
If we go by what happened to Gothitelle, Chandelure will be banned from UU. The difference between the two is that before Shadow Tag, Gothitelle sucked. Once it got its new ability, it actually became useful, and too broken for UU. Chandelure is already useful in UU, so its viability isn't going to increase nearly as much as Gothitelle's. All we can say for sure is that it's definitely going to be banned from UU. Will it go to Ubers? It's a possibility for certain. However, I do think it will end up settling in OU.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #160
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

That Entrainment + Arena Trap thing is brilliant but man is it a huge dick move. Just like Moody Smeargle/etc.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #161
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Shadow Tag Chandelure was banned from OU, ages ago. Perhaps it was just a Pokémon Online thing? But as far as I've ever known, Shadow Tag Chandelure only enjoyed a brief tenure in DW OU before being completely banned from OU because it had far, far too centralizing an effect on the metagame. What happened, apparently, was that people had to quit running half of their teams because they were all choice Chandy set-up fodder; and people had to start running 1-2 dedicated Chandelure counters or at least 1 anti-Chandelure move, like Taunt, on their Chandelure-weak Pokemon. If you didn't, it was a no brainer what was going to happen to you. Turn a, in comes the Chandelure on a safe Pokemon of yours. Turn b, you desperately try to kill it while it just laughs and alternates between Calm Mind, Flame Charge, and Substitute. And then many turns later, on what we'll call Turn c, the Chandelure is ready to kill you -- and it does. And it proceeds to kill everything else on your team as well. "Can't outrace me 'cause of Flame Charge! ;D Can't withstand me 'cause of Calm Mind!" Some people wouldn't run Substitute so they could have dual coverage. Others would put all their eggs in one basket, hoping the opponent either didn't have a Normal type or a Flash Fire Pokémon. Others still, like that link shows, would sacrifice either speed (Flame Charge) or power (Calm Mind) for the ability to still have access to both Ghost and Fire STAB. Whatever the sacrifice, it didn't usually matter that much. And that's why the thing got banned.

If you guys are saying that Smogon, Pokémon Showdown, whoever hasn't banned this thing yet and they're planning on unleashing it once the DW ability becomes available in the real games, well ... all I'll say to that is, "Enjoy the briefest of parties! " 'Cause it ain't gonna last. People are going to bitch loud and hard about Shadow Tag Chandelure, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the consequence is that Chandelure finds itself in the No Man's Land that exists between OU, where it's too good, and Übers, where it's not good enough.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #162
Emi

Pokemon Online is a joke for testing out a pokemon that doesn't exist yet. The only reason they did that was because it was Shadow Tag Chandelure. I don't see tests for Skill Link Cincinno in there or Toxic Boost Zangoose in DW, so PO is silly.

Anyways, I agree with Talon. When the average team has Pokemon that are complete set-up bait(Terrakion comes to mind), Chandy is going to Ubers. And it will probably be really good in Ubers too. Especially since Ferrothorn is a big Pokemon there because of Kyogre.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #163
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Pokemon Online is a joke for testing out a pokemon that doesn't exist yet. The only reason they did that was because it was Shadow Tag Chandelure. I don't see tests for Skill Link Cincinno in there or Toxic Boost Zangoose in DW, so PO is silly.
Um, it wasn't a test. PO has allowed everyone in DW OU regardless of whether they're released or not, and before they created DW OU as a separate tier from regular OU, all those DW guys were floating around OU as well. That was where I used my own Shadow Tag Chandelure for a brief stint: before the games even existed outside of Japan, in regular OU.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #164
vegetunks937
Boulder Badge

i also play this game
vegetunks937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #165
phoopes
Double Dragon

This is a pretty cool way to troll an unprepared opponent.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu6959305

If you read the messages, the team is explained AND he makes a pretty good suggestion on what to do with the other two slots. Going to try that out and see how many wins/ragequits I can get.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #166
Emi

Sorry phoopes, but you're wrong. Lagging Tail is not overridden by Prankster. I just got fucked by a Scizor because of it.

Also, no on the Final Gambit. Assist can pull that up.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #167
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Sorry phoopes, but you're wrong. Lagging Tail is not overridden by Prankster. I just got fucked by a Scizor because of it.

Also, no on the Final Gambit. Assist can pull that up.
Explain how Prankster Purrloin outsped Azelf with Assist then? My guess is that Scizor used Bullet Punch, and when it comes to a +1 priority move vs. a Prankster boosted move, whichever Pokemon is faster goes first.

Also, point of Final Gambit is to get two quick KO's (possibly) to start the game. Then execute the Assist strategy.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #168
Emi

Quote:
Explain how Prankster Purrloin outsped Azelf with Assist then? My guess is that Scizor used Bullet Punch, and when it comes to a +1 priority move vs. a Prankster boosted move, whichever Pokemon is faster goes first.

Also, point of Final Gambit is to get two quick KO's (possibly) to start the game. Then execute the Assist strategy.
>Implying Azelf has priority

That is right, but you go last in the bracket, like he said. I lost because of Bullet Punch.

But Assist can pull up Final Gambit. As in you use Final Gambit.

Not to mention Extremespeed Dragonite and Lucario screw you over as well.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #169
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
>Implying Azelf has priority

But Assist can pull up Final Gambit. As in you use Final Gambit.
Okay. Yes, Azelf didn't have priority. That's why Purrloin outsped when it used Assist, because Prankster gave it +1 priority, which overrides Lagging Tail, as proven by the fact that a Prankster-boosted move went before a normal Azelf move. What is so hard to understand about that?

But you always lead with your Final Gambit Pokemon, so that doesn't happen in the first place. Again, what is so hard to understand about that?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #170
Emi

Quote:
Okay. Yes, Azelf didn't have priority. That's why Purrloin outsped when it used Assist, because Prankster gave it +1 priority, which overrides Lagging Tail, as proven by the fact that a Prankster-boosted move went before a normal Azelf move. What is so hard to understand about that?

But you always lead with your Final Gambit Pokemon, so that doesn't happen in the first place. Again, what is so hard to understand about that?
1) The Scizor used Bullet Punch. You went last because of Lagging Tail.

2) You still pull up Final Gambit. I've done it.

Quote:
From Bulbapedia

Assist calls up a move randomly known by one of the fellow Pokémon in its party (even fainted Pokémon) and fully executes the attack.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #171
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
1) The Scizor used Bullet Punch. You went last because of Lagging Tail.

2) You still pull up Final Gambit. I've done it.
1. I already explained why this happens. When your opponent uses a priority move and you use a Prankster move, whoever is fastest goes first. That's what I was told by one of the guys who helped out with the programming on PS.

2. Oh, I didn't know that. Thought as soon as it gets KO'd, Assist no longer pulled moves from that Pokemon. Sorry. Not going to be using Final Gambit then!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #172
phoopes
Double Dragon

Oh wait fuck it, I'm dumb. Sorry blaze.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #173
Emi

Quote:
Oh wait fuck it, I'm dumb. Sorry blaze.
It's okay. The strategy is a good strategy and all but a little hard to pull off without getting rid of priority, which is a problem in and of itself.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #174
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I know jack-all about comp, but wouldn't Toxic Spikes also fuck this up?
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #175
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
I know jack-all about comp, but wouldn't Toxic Spikes also fuck this up?
Yes, but it general you plan to dismantle the other person's team before hand.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON