UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2018, 12:56 AM   #401
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You recall your smartass Zubat in favor of a more pure and innocent replacement, a newly born Chespin, though it tries its best for an intimidating scowl. The Alolan Rattata looks at the Grass-type and just starts laughing very hard all the while pointing at the Chespin. Apparently, this guy isn't the only one not taking you seriously, his Pokemon reflect his own personality as well. This, very understandably angers your Chespin, who Growls as an attempt to intimidate it. This causes the Rattata to laugh harder, but also gives it an attack lowering. Vegeta then runs up and gut punches the Rattata, powering himself up in the process.

Off to the corner of your eye, you notice two humanoid figures enter into a tunnel that's very close to where you are standing. You cannot tell much other than both are wearing kind-of raggedy clothing and they're both either young adults or older teenagers, one is a guy and the other is a girl, but your attention is snapped back to the battle in hand.

The Rattata whips it away with its tail, and focuses its energy to strike true to the Rattata. Vegeta readies another punch, but is surprised by the sheer quickness of the Rattata's next attack. Vegeta tries his best to meet the attack head on with his punch of power, but the Rattata is quite easily ends up with the upper hand in this fight, looking a bit roughed up but still ready to go, while the single strike Vegeta taken took out almost all of its health.

"Hahaha, did I call you a baby before? Nah, that's an insult even to babies," the man starts laughing it up even louder. He turns to his partners and says, "Hey guys, I'm comin' to join you sooner than I thought." His eyes narrow in some realization of horror at just how effortlessly the Shell is handling the other two Ribs.

The Duskclops just stood there tanking hits from the Woobat and the Elekid, both using Gust and Thundershock respectively, it not looking any weaker, more like it's much more annoyed. Eventually, the Ghost-type Pokemon thrusts its fist into the shadows before that ghostly energy punches the Woobat, dealing a crippling blow. It seems like this shell definitely has this battle under wraps already.

Your battle partner looks back at his own battle and just brushes it off with "eh, just, use your Bite or Quick attack or somethin' I don't care." He looks back at his fellow Ribs.
"OH! The rat thinks he's funny does he?" Vegeta finally speaks up, wiping his mouth harshly. Big isnt sure what the young fiesty pokemon is saying but he is sure it can't be anything good, though the idea of using the little one's temper to their advantage was immediately apparent. "Listen up you buck toothed mutant from a damn island in the middle of nowhere!" The chespin scowls even more. "I don't know who you think you are dealing with but if you have time to laugh you are no where near a match for me." Elsa lets out a small gasp at the inital harsh insult. "Where on earth did he learn this kind of language, or this kind of ego?" She says kind of stunned though Big isn't able to understand her words either. "Listen! Trainer!" Vegeta calls out to Big and turns his head slightly to look back at him. "Just give me one of those potions and i will waste this pathetic rodent." "Aren't you technically a rodent too?" Elsa asks. "Shut it Ice Queen." Elsa gives another more insulted gasp. Big is a little lost but his thought line is along the same lines as Vegeta's he goes for his bag for a potion ready to administer it. "Elsa, I need you to cover us, but you know how he gets, so if the rattata tries to interfere while i use the potion see if you can block it with an Ice Barrier." He then turns back to Vegeta. "When you get back out there you know what your best option is: two more Power-up Punches."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:08 AM   #402
Lil'twick
Myth Breaker
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,876
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
The Ribcage Mall.

Lil'twick
: Self-preservation on your agenda, your pursuit of Aimee leads you to an old warehouse, and the traitorous Shell within, with the girl in the midst of a large sandy beast. As you reveal Yuke, the Shell's sneer continues. "Riiight, whatever, you're not leaving here. Ever looked at the floor?" At his comment, your sight drifts to the ground, to find the whole floor of the warehouse covered in sand, and with a snap of his fingers the Palossand growls, beckoning the complete control of the sand to shift and billow behind you, blocking your escape path, trapping you and the Spheal, before the main body envelopes Aimee and swallows her into its core before turning to Yuke, the girl crying as the sand rips her grip off the floor.

Barking commands, the Spheal takes a breath as it spits out a gush of water towards the sand castle, the beast grunting as the gunfire douses its walls, and as the Shell laughs, you find the sandy body stiffening as the water compaction indeed bolsters its defensive properties. Shredder, on seeing this, reacts accordingly by bounding forward and snapping with fangs in assurance, as the Palossand rumbles in irritance. Despite the physical resilience, the boosted power of assurance certainly left its mark on the beast.

"You're a madman, I'll give you that. Shred them!" At the command, the Palossand raises its rampart arms up before giving a haunting wail as the sand beneath you all begins to swirl ferociously, as you and Yuke are caught up in a localised stormfront, the particles grazing into you like sandpaper, fittingly. Uncomfortable, Yuke nevertheless decides to go with his own storm, blowing a snowy gust at the sandcastle, and as the Shell spy watches confidently, the powdered chill comes into contact with the castle, causing it further discomfort, yet at the same time your hypothesis seems to be working, as the soaked segment of sand seems to be stiffening. Shredder, caught in the storm and already weakened, takes a moment to focus himself, putting his dwindling energy into biding his time.

With a point of its master's finger, the castle opens its maw as a great dark mass emanates from it and wraps around Yuke and Shredder, the Spheal suddenly wailing as the humming energy infests him, and as the bug energy starts to bite at him, he inadvertently releases a second flurry of powder snow into the castle's maw, chilling it from the inside as it visibly winces. Taking the opportunity, the Carvanha envelopes himself in water before jetting into the cold and damp wall section, with a battle cry the aquatic pokemon barrels clean into the section as a crunching sound echoes through the warehouse and the castle gives a pained moan, body compacting once more as one of its arms are smashed open, the critical strike delivering a fierce blow.

"What th - oh, cheap shot..." the spy snarls, as the castle's eyes focus on the wound, as it tries in vain to gather the wet and cold sand up. Your suspicions confirmed, you look towards the Carvanha only to find the fish has passed out, having put all it could into delivering a powerful blow as the Palossand shifts its attention to you and Yuke, with murderous intent. You can't see Aimee within, but her faint cries tell you she's still conscious at least, but the glower the castle's giving you, it's clear that the creature is taking things much more seriously. Yuke seems relatively healthy despite the wear and tear of the sand, which at this point is starting to cause you some considerable discomfort, while the Shell doesn't seem too fazed, likely used to things.

"Sap the life out of the seal, then lull the brat into eternal slumber," the Shell commands, as things take a drastic turn. You're down one ally, though the Palossand's taken a notable injury. What next, 'hero?'

"Wonderful!" Austin laughed, seeing the Palossand writhe as its arm froze off. His battle fervor was taking over, and there was no logic or reason in his mind. He was out for blood. If only he had his knife on him... Destroying the Sand Castle limb by limb would suffice.

The teen observed the warehouse, though it was a bit hard with the sandstorm obscuring his vision. The Carvahna was passed out in the corner, seeming to have given its all. Even if it didn't listen to Aimee... Austin could see the sharkling cared about her. After all, they did have some type of bond between them. He could hear Aimee screaming out, trying her hardest to fight for her life. Sand littered the floor... If only he had a way to clear it. Though, it felt like that wouldn't matter too much in the long run. His foe was without an arm for now. Yes, this was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

"You think you can beat me with that?" Austin scoffed, deeming the situation was in his favor. Or are you just stalling until the girl gives her out last breathe? I don't care at this point. Why should I? Kill her and I'll kill you." A deranged smile broke across Austin's face, and a somewhat demonic aura seemed to surround him.

"Now then, let us continue this litany of water and ice Yuke! Let this sinner repent! Water Gun again, focus down the other arm at this point! Then two more Powder Snows! A tad repetitive, yes, but if it works why change it up?" He ordered, trying to stifle his his laughter.

__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #403
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Marshal's Headquarters.

Maskerade
: Before Luc could commence, the interruption of his pokegear and the chilling news within left him shaken to the core, as the marshal stood by waiting, eyebrow raised in curiosity as Slice and Tremor are left in the dark. Fortunately, your arrival on the scene and reprieve of the Kalosian lifts the concerns as the officer shrugs and gives you a quick runthrough of the scene, explaining to you the requirements of the trial as the pair of pokemon look at you quizzically, yet relieved that the scary Seviper has upped and vanished too. One of your glances, however, quickly instills an air of authority and reminding them who's in charge.

With Shiou hovering by the generator, you discuss the plan of action with the pair, reinforcing the fact that they are the ones being tested, and not you. Gulping, the Drilbur nods while the Combusken gives a hesitant nod as you motion your group is ready. "Alright, timer starts now," the marshal responds, holding a stopwatch. Hobbling to the rubble pile, Tremor takes aim at the mound, starting at the side, and clenching claws together smashes into the rock pile, shattering some of the rubble to dust while Slice watches, waiting for the opportunity to get in. As the stones fall, the Drilbur gives a yelp, as the top of the pile topples over towards him, but the Combusken is swift to move, rushing in and pulling the mole away with the speed of an ace pilot in the air.

Shiou's attention pointed to the generator, the Gengar looses a weakened wave of electricity that connects with the generator, the device giving a small hum as the thunderous energy creates a current between the plates, the power meter on the device slowly building. Keeping momentum, the spectre steadily holds his charge while Slice admonishes Tremor on his carelessness, the Drilbur looking a little sorry for himself.

"Well, there's not as much weight on our victim now, that much I can say for certain," the marshal remarks, "and the generator's powering up gradually, though from what I see progress is still rather slow. You have two minutes left, make them count."

The rubble pile is a little smaller, but still rather large, and the dummy is nowhere in sight, while the generator's power meter reads 20% as it seems clear your group needs to approach this issue from a different angle, so to speak.
“Hm. It seems we have to stop pulling our punches,” said Sai under his breath. Their success had been moderate, but they were clearly not acting fast enough; besides, the Drilbur had proven every bit as clumsy as Luc de Beaufort’s tired expression had suggested when he handed the reigns to the monk.

“Tremor-san, if I may: the target’s survival rests on your shoulders, so it would be in your best interest to focus harder. Try maintaining balance while you strike.” Sai’s words were calm, almost pleasant, but the choice of words was deliberate. Nobody had ever been soft on him in Tatakami Tower, and he’d grown into who he was today by being constantly subjected to pressure; it was his firm belief that Slice and Tremor would have to find their own growth in the same manner, especially if they were to join the Marshalls.

Shiou’s efforts were also paying off, but in that too, Sai had to recognize he’d been too conservative. The machine’s power gauge indicated only 20% charge; for the two minutes they had left, they would all have to increase their efforts.
The monk closed his eyes, whispered a quick prayer and heightened his own focus.

I will not let your efforts go to waste, Luc-san.

“Everyone, pay attention now,” he finally spoke after concluding his brief meditation; his tone was noticeably harsher. “Slice-san, you will aid your partner in the task of whittling down the rubble; charge ahead with as many Double Kicks as it takes. Tremor-san, continue with Rock Smash, and if there’s a boulder you can’t break, see if your Crush Claw can get it done instead.”

Then, he switched his attention to Shiou, but with the Gengar, words were not needed. The phantom found all this extremely amusing, as was the case with any situation that tested the monk’s patience – nothing entertained Shiou more than seeing Sai struggle to maintain his composure and manners in the face of overwhelming incompetence.
The electricity that enveloped the phantom’s body began to coalesce around his right fist, in compliance with Sai’s silent instruction. The machine needed more power to start functioning, and Thunder Wave was insufficient with the time limit in place. As such, perhaps the stronger Thunder Punch, or however many it took, would finish the job…
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #404
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,457
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum (Shells): The once tranquil and revered Chalice Sanctum was conquered by the Shells when chaos erupted, and the cathedral sector is now under their iron grip. Located to the south-west, the expansive building complex is now a stronghold of the group, who seek to swoop into the vacuum of power and place their leader as undisputed Grand Duke of Goldenridge, at any cost. Their ruthless nature and determination means trouble for those who would cross them, but for those who wish to make something out of their deeds would be rewarded well. The link to the old Rockets means that some of the more dubious pokemon hang around the sanctum. Reply in Scarlet.
Step one on her road for vengeance is a quest for power. She remembered awfully well the ease with which she was defeated, and knew that if she wanted to have a chance, she had to become strong beyond belief herself. And thus, following the tip of a well connected friend, she found herself here. It was no secret to her that the Shells harbored at the Sanctum had some sort of connection with the old Rockets, and given her old past this perhaps meant a chance to start over from scratch. A chance for growth, to gain resources, and most importantly, to make the right allies.

Belinda knew the drill from this point onward, and the risks involved. She likely would have to prove herself in one way or another, and even then that probably wouldn't be enough to earn their trust given the situation at hand. That said, it was during war that the spoils were the sweetest, and where fresh new blood was at the highest demand. How could they possibly turn down a willing helping hand?
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #405
Lil'twick
Myth Breaker
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,876
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Tate:

The Smeargle considered your question, not really knowing how to respond. It seems it was born here, and was use to the dangers the city offered. Though, the didn't stop the Pokemon from looking happy when Pena found comfort in it. After the Tyrogue's round of obscenities towards you, the Smeargle gave thew Tyrogue a hug. Pena reacted exactly how you'd expect him to, and all the Smeargle could do was laugh. It certainly was troublesome if the two of them never met again. After all, this city was never kind to those who lived in it.

The Smeargle then came up towards you, and started to pull on your leg. Did it want to take you some place? It walked towards the wall, and drew a crude outline of a house. It wanted to show you its home. The normal type certainly seemed to have a great deal of trust in you at this point. It would certainly be a shame now if you parted ways and never saw each other again? It would be cruel. Yet life was cruel. Though, who would be hurt more. The colorblind Smeargle or Pena?

You look towards Pena, who seems to have calmed down by this point. You motioned at the picture the Smeargle drew, and asked him if he wanted to follow the Smeargle back to where it lived. After all, it was an offer to the both of you. After a bit of time, the Tyrogue nodded yes. Well, that was at least one yes for the beagle. All that was needed now was your consent.


__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #406
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With Kratos finally having conquered his demons, you recall the Golduck into his ball for a well earned rest. Bidding Jasmine farewell, you continue along the path, eager to find out what challenge confronted you next. The path seemed to get steeper, before long it gave way to stairs that continued to climb up the interior of the mountain. Sweat is dripping down your brow as you eventually reach the top of the stairs, the ground levels out and the path continues. Straight ahead you, about a hundred feet ahead of you, light streams in from outside. You continue along the path, shielding your eyes as you exit the cave, giving your eyes time to adjust.

The path hugs the side of the mountain, the space between the edge of the cliff and the wall of the mountain was no larger than six feet at its widest. You're still surveying your surroundings when you hear a terrifying roar. A grey streak bursts from the surrounding clouds, quickly dropping into a dive as it closes in on you. As it gets closer, you get a better look at the Pokemon, the most notable feature being the giant jaws. The Pokemon roars at you as it pulls to a stop, its giant wings flap gently to hold it level with you.

"Howdy there", a man pops up from the Pokemon's back. Fearlessly, he leaps from his Pokemon to land on the path next to you. "My name is Duke, nice to meet you partner", the man thrusts a hand at you, waiting patiently for you to shake his hand. "I hope Artemis here didn't startle you, she gets a bit excited when she knows it is time to battle." Duke looms over you, the man must stand atleast 7ft tall. His build was rather slender, although the vest he wore seemed to accentuate his shoulders. "You're getting really close to the top now fella", Duke laughed, "how about we get this over nice and quick? It'll be a long journey back for you when you lose." The Aerodactyl opened its giant maw, displaying its glistening which teeth before snapping its jaws shut. This fight would likely prove even harder, who could you trust to get you through this?
As Gary headed deeper into the cave, the trail took him up a steep slope through the interior of the mountainside. It felt like he had been climbing the rocky stairs forever until Gary was finally able to spot some light trickling in from the outside. A gust of fresh air hit his face as Gary peered outside and let his eyes adjust. It was a good thing Gary wasn’t afraid of heights, or else he might have never come out of the cave; open skies were around him in all directions with little room to maneuver. Even still, Gary was extra cautious to make sure he didn’t wander too close to the edge.

A screeching roar suddenly echoed across the valley as a massive grey blur shot out of the clouds and down the side of the cliff to where Gary stood. Gary was a bit surprised, but did not falter as he quickly analyzed the beast as well at the person who rode it. He had seen far too many dangerous and thrilling Pokemon and people over the last couple of days to let this bother him. Gary was in awe of the prehistoric Pokemon before him, only to take his gaze off of the Aerodactyl as its trainer hopped down to introduce himself.

The man known as Duke was polite, yet a tad overconfident as he already predicted Gary’s defeat before he had even sent out a single Pokemon. Gary was okay with it though; he wasn’t too interested in dragging out the formalities either. It had been a long trek up the mountain to this point, and Gary knew he had more to go after this. Clutching a Luxury Ball in his hands, Gary surveyed the landscape. He already knew that whatever Pokemon he sent out would be at a disadvantage from a mobility standpoint in comparison to the airborne Aerodactyl. He might as well double down on defense and embrace the mountainous terrain around him. “Come on out, Tyrant! Let’s make them take the fight to you rather than the other way around!”

Tossing the Luxury Ball, it popped open to reveal a Pupitar who quietly stood upright on his tail. The former Larvitar had spent a few months gorging on rocks and other minerals for nutrition, and ever since he had evolved into this chrysalis, Tyrant had been short on any kind of action or activity at all. Gary knew he had been storing up power all this time, so he figured it would be a good opportunity to put it to use. “Alright buddy, let’s start things by fortifying your defenses! Scatter some Stealth Rocks around you and then use Iron Defense! Finish things off by firing a Rock Slide at Aerodactyl!”
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #407
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post

Tate:

The Smeargle considered your question, not really knowing how to respond. It seems it was born here, and was use to the dangers the city offered. Though, the didn't stop the Pokemon from looking happy when Pena found comfort in it. After the Tyrogue's round of obscenities towards you, the Smeargle gave thew Tyrogue a hug. Pena reacted exactly how you'd expect him to, and all the Smeargle could do was laugh. It certainly was troublesome if the two of them never met again. After all, this city was never kind to those who lived in it.

The Smeargle then came up towards you, and started to pull on your leg. Did it want to take you some place? It walked towards the wall, and drew a crude outline of a house. It wanted to show you its home. The normal type certainly seemed to have a great deal of trust in you at this point. It would certainly be a shame now if you parted ways and never saw each other again? It would be cruel. Yet life was cruel. Though, who would be hurt more. The colorblind Smeargle or Pena?

You look towards Pena, who seems to have calmed down by this point. You motioned at the picture the Smeargle drew, and asked him if he wanted to follow the Smeargle back to where it lived. After all, it was an offer to the both of you. After a bit of time, the Tyrogue nodded yes. Well, that was at least one yes for the beagle. All that was needed now was your consent.




Tate refrained from teasing Pena over the hug, but only just barely -- in so many ways, the Tyrogue was like a child to the Johtonian, and much like a parent, Tate walked a thin line between wanting to encourage the Pokémon in all his endeavors and wanting to coo over his cute little face. Luckily for Pena, the former impulse won out over the latter this time.

When the Smeargle offered to take them to its home, Pena's face lit up. He did his best to downplay his excitement, endeavoring to look cool and disinterested, but Tate had barely uttered a "Do you wanna-?" before he nodded, more eagerly than was probably appropriate. Evidently, he was excited -- Tate figured he was just thrilled to have someone to share his passion for art with, regardless of the Smeargle's... artistic shortcomings.

"Alright," Tate relinquished, easily. They had come into the city purely for the purpose of vandalism, and didn't have much else planned for the day; what even was there to do in this hellhole town that didn't involve getting mugged, anyway? That they hadn't run into any Ribs in the notorious gang territory was in of itself a small miracle, although Tate wasn't worried, having established some small amount of rapport by having taken out the previously mentioned Ariados for the hoodlums. Taking a few minutes to securely re-pack the oversized backpack, Tate stashed berries, stones, and cans of spray paint before zipping and buckling every possible pocket on the bag -- no pickpockets were gonna get the better of them without some effort. Finally, while straining to slip the backpack onto both shoulders, Tate nodded resolutely at the pair of bipedal Pokémon.

"Let's go."

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseDiary (VG)

Active Team @ Mt. Cortoza

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:52 PM   #408
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,207
Meetan- Surrounded by chaos, you do your best to remain calm, despite being completely out of your depths. The fire had to be controlled, if it got out of hand, the enter neighbourhood could be reduced to ashes. You release a clutch of Pokemon from their balls. Lorin immediately takes the lead as he begins to fire Water Pulses into the burning building. Nina begins to mimic the Lotad, quickly gaining familiarity with the move as she helps to fight back the flames that were fast consuming the house. Peaches lobbed mud to try and help, the viscous substance slapped against the wood, helping but not as much as the water type moves were. Terry quickly follows your orders, releasing Muddy from his Pokeball and instructing him to join in. The little water type begins bathing the house in muddy water, which proves to be quite efficient at controlling and dousing the flames. With the building saturated, Nina lets out a chilling breeze, freezing the house, or what remains of it. The top half of the house was all but gone, the bottom was in better condition but still severely damaged. The Pokemon continue to put out the few remaining patches of fire, allowing you to turn your attention to David and his Marowak.

(Lorin, Peaches and Nina gained 1 level!)

The boy was still sobbing, while his Marowak clung to consciousness. Thinking quickly, you retrieve a Pokeball and summon forth Axel. The Abra was a touch shocked at the scene, he could sense the urgency. David and Janey nod as you warn them, before disappearing in a flash as Axel teleports them away. Almost a minute passes before the Abra returns, he gives you a firm nod, as if to say they had made it to the Pokemon Center and were in safe hands.

(Axel gained 1 level!)

In the time it took Axel to get David, Janey and Marowak to the Pokemon Center, the rest of your Pokemon as well as Muddy, had put out the remaining flames. Sirens blared as the Marshalls arrived on the scene, a number of the officers began taking statements from the crowd of shocked onlookers while the rest began inspecting the crime scene. A man dressed in a long black trench coat approaches you. He flips open his notepad and tosses his half smoked cigarette to the ground, stomping it out with his boot.

"These your Pokemon ma'am? I assume we have you to thank for swiftly putting out this fire? Any details you can give us to aid us in our investigation?" The man pulled a pen out of his pocket and waited patiently for your statement.


Sandaa- Deciding you would be at a mobility disadvantage regardless of choice, you decide that defense and a terrain advantage are your best bet. Selecting a Luxury Ball, you hurl it out in front of yourself. The ball bursts open, revealing Tyrant the Pupitar who rests himself upright as he glares at the Aerodactyl. Suddenly the Pupitar lets out a jet of compressed gas, launching himself straight up into the air a few feet before crashing back into the ground with a solid thud.

"Oh he's an aggressive one", chuckles Duke, "this should be interesting." As Duke kicks out the ground, you hear a strange sound. You look at Duke's boots, he had spurs on his boots. One spur in particular was quite fascinating, on closer inspection it was unmistakingly a mega stone! The stone than began to glow, resonating with another stone attached to a brace around Artemis's tail. The Aerodactyl was consumed by light, letting out a terrifying shriek as she underwent her Mega evolution. As the cocoon of energy cracked, the Mega Evolved Artemis reveals herself. The change was less dramatic than the others you had seen. Dark rocky protrusions had formed across parts of the Aerodactyl's body. It was likely more than an aesthetic change, the protrusions looked razor sharp, deadly in the right hands. "Have at them Artemis! Set up a Tailwind then drive through them with an Iron Head. Follow up by bathing them in a Dragon Breath!" Duke had issued his orders, the battle was about to start.

The battle was quickly underway, with Tyrant taking the initiative. The Pupitar let a pulse of energy out through the ground, stirring a couple of the nearby rocks as he lays out a trap. Artemis prepares herself as well, flapping her wings violently as she whips up a strong air current. The Tailwind blows from behind her, it would greatly increase her speed and likely make it harder for Tyrant to get at her. With his trap set, Tyrant glistens as he strengthens his defenses, overlaying his rocky carapace with iron reinforcement. He does so just in time as Artemis comes at him, flying so fast that she appears as a grey streak. Tyrant is sent crashing into the mountain as the Mega Aerodactyl slams into him with an Iron Head, the tough protrusions on her head increase the power of the attack. The Pupitar shows no signs of defeat, he was more than tough enough to handle a hit like that. Suddenly a clutch of rocks shoot out of the ground, peppering Artemis as she is blindsided by the stealthy tactic.

The Mega Aerodactyl screeches as she begins to retreat, opening her maw she belches a torrent of flickering blue flame. Tyrant groans as he endures the attack, but as the dragon fire washes over him, he feels his body stiffen. Unfortunately the attack has left him paralyzed, a disadvantage that he certainly didn't need. Thankfully he still manages to send a barrage of rocks hurtling towards Artemis. The Aerodactyl is deft and fast however, utilizing the strong breeze behind her and her already incredible speed, she manages to dodge almost half of the rocks.

"Not a bad first exchange", Duke grinned, "we're just getting started though! Artemis give them an Earth Power, then give them a Supersonic before going in for the Sky Drop!"
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #409
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- Deciding you would be at a mobility disadvantage regardless of choice, you decide that defense and a terrain advantage are your best bet. Selecting a Luxury Ball, you hurl it out in front of yourself. The ball bursts open, revealing Tyrant the Pupitar who rests himself upright as he glares at the Aerodactyl. Suddenly the Pupitar lets out a jet of compressed gas, launching himself straight up into the air a few feet before crashing back into the ground with a solid thud.

"Oh he's an aggressive one", chuckles Duke, "this should be interesting." As Duke kicks out the ground, you hear a strange sound. You look at Duke's boots, he had spurs on his boots. One spur in particular was quite fascinating, on closer inspection it was unmistakingly a mega stone! The stone than began to glow, resonating with another stone attached to a brace around Artemis's tail. The Aerodactyl was consumed by light, letting out a terrifying shriek as she underwent her Mega evolution. As the cocoon of energy cracked, the Mega Evolved Artemis reveals herself. The change was less dramatic than the others you had seen. Dark rocky protrusions had formed across parts of the Aerodactyl's body. It was likely more than an aesthetic change, the protrusions looked razor sharp, deadly in the right hands. "Have at them Artemis! Set up a Tailwind then drive through them with an Iron Head. Follow up by bathing them in a Dragon Breath!" Duke had issued his orders, the battle was about to start.

The battle was quickly underway, with Tyrant taking the initiative. The Pupitar let a pulse of energy out through the ground, stirring a couple of the nearby rocks as he lays out a trap. Artemis prepares herself as well, flapping her wings violently as she whips up a strong air current. The Tailwind blows from behind her, it would greatly increase her speed and likely make it harder for Tyrant to get at her. With his trap set, Tyrant glistens as he strengthens his defenses, overlaying his rocky carapace with iron reinforcement. He does so just in time as Artemis comes at him, flying so fast that she appears as a grey streak. Tyrant is sent crashing into the mountain as the Mega Aerodactyl slams into him with an Iron Head, the tough protrusions on her head increase the power of the attack. The Pupitar shows no signs of defeat, he was more than tough enough to handle a hit like that. Suddenly a clutch of rocks shoot out of the ground, peppering Artemis as she is blindsided by the stealthy tactic.

The Mega Aerodactyl screeches as she begins to retreat, opening her maw she belches a torrent of flickering blue flame. Tyrant groans as he endures the attack, but as the dragon fire washes over him, he feels his body stiffen. Unfortunately the attack has left him paralyzed, a disadvantage that he certainly didn't need. Thankfully he still manages to send a barrage of rocks hurtling towards Artemis. The Aerodactyl is deft and fast however, utilizing the strong breeze behind her and her already incredible speed, she manages to dodge almost half of the rocks.

"Not a bad first exchange", Duke grinned, "we're just getting started though! Artemis give them an Earth Power, then give them a Supersonic before going in for the Sky Drop!"
Things hadn’t worked out exactly as Gary had planned, and another one of his Pokemon was once again afflicted with an unwanted status affliction, but Tyrant had at least managed to fortify himself with the proper defenses as Gary had asked. Gary made a mental note to better train his Pokemon to handle status afflictions in the future before hoping and playing that Tyrant’s Shed Skin ability would come into effect sooner rather than later. He then wracked his brain for a counter strategy to handle Tyrant’s paralysis as well as Duke’s orders for his Mega Aerodactyl as he listened to the opposing trainer call them out.

With Tyrant’s paralysis, mobility would be at an even greater disadvantage than before, so Gary would have to think fast to get around it. Unfortunately for him, Duke seemed intent to keep up the offensive pressure with a ranged attack, something Tyrant would have a hard time dealing with even if he wasn’t paralyzed. For now, he would have to double down on his initial strategy to make use of Tyrant’s defenses and try to tank as much damage as he could. “Quick, Tyrant,” Gary called out as a thought popped into his head, “Summon up a Sandstorm to shield yourself!” Embracing the rocky terrain would be his best bet to victory, so Gary hoped the added sand would act as a buffer to the incoming ranged attack.

As Duke continued to issue his strategy, Gary countered with a plan of his own. “After that, try to cancel out Aerodactyl’s Supersonic with a deafening Screech of your own! And then, when it comes in to try and turn this into an aerial battle, Smack it Down to the ground!” Tyrant quietly nodded, ready to execute Gary’s plan.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:24 AM   #410
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,207
Sandaa- The fight was hard to call at this point, it was still too early to tell whether Tyrant had what it took to take down the menacing Mega Aerodactyl. The prehistoric predator had already stiffened him with paralysis and now looked to go in for the Super Effective strike. The Rock type crashed into the ground in front of Tyrant, sinking Ground energy into the earth. Tyrant tries to react, to defend himself but the Aerodactyl is too fast for him. The energy erupts from beneath him, dealing a devastating blow that leaves him groaning in pain. Despite the hit, Tyrant holds strong, his body loosens as his ability activates, clearing the Paralysis. As he crashes back to the ground he lets out a burst of sand that begins to swirl around him. Artemis's tailwind pushes at the swirling sand, reducing its coverage but it would still provide an additional defense for both Rock types.

Leaping back into the air, Artemis's giant jaws snap open as she releases a supersonic cry. Tyrant is more prepared this time, not being held back by the paralysis he matches the sonic assault with a screech of his own. The two sound attacks collide, canceling each other out, much to the delight of both parties. Tyrant perhaps celebrates his success too soon, as Artemis jets in and snatches him up in her claws. If the Pupitar wasn't scared of heights before, he likely was now as the Mega Aerodactyl climbs higher and higher into the sky. The two Pokemon lose sight of their trainers, all there was to see was clouds and blue sky. Reaching the peak of her ascent, Artemis quickly transitions into a dive, hurtling back towards the battle ground at breakneck speed.

Tyrant knew he had to do something, with the velocity the Aerodactyl was traveling at, even he could potentially be cracked open like a nut when he hit the ground. Grasped in the claws of the Aerodactyl, he could clearly see their Aerodactyl's right wing. Concentrating, the Pupitar forms a sharpened stone and prepares to strike. The pair finally come back into their trainers' views and Artemis prepares to drop Tyrant into the earth. However as she goes to loosen her grip on the Rock type, he fires his sharpened stone into her right wing, sending her off course. Artemis spins out of control, dropping Tyrant in the process. The Pupitar begins to fall, his current trajectory would have him missing the side of the mountain and plummeting right down to the ground and certain doom.

The Pupitar slips past the ledge and out of sight, for a moment your heart stops. Tyrant then bursts into view once more, launching himself back onto solid ground with a burst of compressed air. The Pupitar seems delighted to be back on solid ground. Artemis soon corrects herself, she seems to be struggling a bit with her right wing. The injury would likely reduce her speed, but with the Tailwind still behind her, the Mega Aerodactyl was far from handicapped.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #411
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,706
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark
: With the man lying on the bed waiting, you take the time to probe for information before anything troubling can arise.

"Rumor has it these Shells used to be a part of Team Rocket. What do you know about that?"
"The Shells and the Rockets? Yeah, the higher-ups, the ones running this band, they were part of a Rocket splinter group kicked out for being too rough for even their ilk if you can believe that crap. Most o' the grunts here though are just street thugs with a license, and the chumps in the cells here are basically slaves." He gives a cough before moving on to the second question.

"Who is this Rigel guy? Is he the 'Chief' those thugs were talking about earlier?"
He looks at you for a second, before looking a little more relaxed. "Hah, definitely not from 'round here are ye? Marquis Rigel von Argentus, heir to Goldenridge, Crimson Duke of the Ridge, and whatever other bollocks titles he has, he's one o' the two council members to make it outta the bastion before it went to ****. Says he killed most of 'em, he's the big guy in charge of the Shells, and a nasty piece of work, but he ain't the chief. No, chief's some geezer by the name of Rosenbark, would snap someone's neck for slighting him."

"Where are these 'dead grounds' they're gonna take you to anyway? I may or may not have a friend who wants to know."
"Friend, ye say?" The man pauses for a second as if in thought, but continues. "The dead grounds are basically the courtyard converted into some barbaric arena. Doomed folks and prisoners are chucked in there and the dogs of war are let loose on 'em for the entertainment o' the Shells. If ye're lucky you'll get killed quickly, but otherwise you're gonna get torn to shreds slowly. Me, I'm just hopin' that the suffering stops soon."

"What about your friend over there, the Litwick? What happens to it when they come to...well, dispose of you?"
"That guy? He's content enough 'ere. The little guys basically live down here, always did, and when I go another prisoner'll just be brought here to keep 'im fed. They don't mind much, the lantern gives them some protection from the air and they're ghosts anyways. Not much dyin' for them." The Litwick gives a little burp as Silas gives himself a shake, giving a small growl as the candle takes the opportunity to grab a quick snack of his energy, an ember's worth of energy sapped from the Houndoom as he voices his slight discomfort.

"So your fate's been decided...nothing anyone can do for you? Or your cellmate?"
At this, the man gives a sigh. "Nothin' the Litwick wants, but if ye're gonna be heading upstairs, there is a favour you can do fer a dyin' man," he pauses, before continuing. "There's a storehouse further up where they keep the possessions o' prisoners and slaves, and me ol' partner pokemon's still up there. If you can head up there and set 'em free to live their life, then that's as much as I can ask fer...they're in a dusk ball, shouldn't be too hard ta find."

"You seemed eager to tell me about some treasure, and maybe I am a thief...where might they keep the good stuff? And what even's worth keeping to these guys?"
"Aha..." the man gives a small throat laugh, "the siren song o' loot to a man is their downfall. Ye gave me a good chuckle, so lemme humour ya. Th' gems they speak of are special, ye see...some o' them power up moves, some o' them power up pokemon. The good stuff's in Rosenbark's tower though, he got some other underling running things around to th' north west, but the project allegedly got somethink ta do with them gems. The Shells see value in strength and power, so there's bound ta be more than just shiny trinkets up there...course, if ye are a thief and the Shells catch wind o' ye, then it's all but certain ye'll be seein' me in the dead grounds too for what remains o' the rest o' yer miserable life."

With all said, the man nods to the Litwick, which faces him as its flame flares up, and the man swiftly flops down unconscious. Giving a little wiggle of a waxy limb, the Litwick waves you on, before Silas alerts you to footsteps from down the hall. Looks like question time is over, and with information gleaned, getting out of these catacombs would be best, especially when you look at your hand and find that your human guise is starting to falter with your presence to the soul-sapping spectre...
{This is going to be a bit oddly formatted because I can't think of any other way to respond to the answers... ^^;}

1) "The Shells and the Rockets? Yeah, the higher-ups, the ones running this band, they were part of a Rocket splinter group kicked out for being too rough for even their ilk if you can believe that crap. Most o' the grunts here though are just street thugs with a license, and the chumps in the cells here are basically slaves."

"Kicked out for being too rough, you say?" said Michael. "So maybe there is someone here who was responsible for..." his voice trails off as he thinks about what happened that fateful night and the people in mind that could very well be walking these catacombs or the cathedral above.

2) "Hah, definitely not from 'round here are ye? Marquis Rigel von Argentus, heir to Goldenridge, Crimson Duke of the Ridge, and whatever other bollocks titles he has, he's one o' the two council members to make it outta the bastion before it went to ****. Says he killed most of 'em, he's the big guy in charge of the Shells, and a nasty piece of work, but he ain't the chief. No, chief's some geezer by the name of Rosenbark, would snap someone's neck for slighting him." Michael took the two names deep into his mind. Rigel and Rosenbark...okay, maybe they aren’t the Rockets I’m looking for, but they might know of them…I should at least pay this Rigel a visit, he sounds more reasonable to work with.

3) "Friend, ye say? The dead grounds are basically the courtyard converted into some barbaric arena. Doomed folks and prisoners are chucked in there and the dogs of war are let loose on 'em for the entertainment o' the Shells. If ye're lucky you'll get killed quickly, but otherwise you're gonna get torn to shreds slowly. Me, I'm just hopin' that the suffering stops soon."

“Seems like a gruesome end either way,” said Michael. And if Neemee’s body was there, there’d probably be nothing left of it by now…

4) "That guy? He's content enough 'ere. The little guys basically live down here, always did, and when I go another prisoner'll just be brought here to keep 'im fed. They don't mind much, the lantern gives them some protection from the air and they're ghosts anyways. Not much dyin' for them." At that point the Litwick burped with an air of satisfaction before Michael noticed a change in Silas’s disposition as it seemed that the small Ghost-type was cheeky enough to take a portion of the Houndoom’s energy. Small, but quite noticeable, judging from the way Silas started to angrily stare and growl at the Litwick, daring it to make a meal out of his energy again so he had an excuse to give a full-fledged Snarl at it.

5) The imprisoned man seemed contemplative and sighed at this particular question of Michael’s. "Nothin' the Litwick wants, but if ye're gonna be heading upstairs, there is a favour you can do fer a dyin' man." There was quite a pause before he continued. "There's a storehouse further up where they keep the possessions o' prisoners and slaves, and me ol' partner pokemon's still up there. If you can head up there and set 'em free to live their life, then that's as much as I can ask fer...they're in a dusk ball, shouldn't be too hard ta find." Michael nodded at this and was about to ask what kind of Pokemon was in the Dusk Ball, but maybe that information was better left as a surprise…

6) The prisoner seemed to laugh the most at this last question. “Aha...the siren song o' loot to a man is their downfall. Ye gave me a good chuckle, so lemme humour ya. Th' gems they speak of are special, ye see...some o' them power up moves, some o' them power up pokemon. The good stuff's in Rosenbark's tower though, he got some other underling running things around to th' north west, but the project allegedly got somethink ta do with them gems. The Shells see value in strength and power, so there's bound ta be more than just shiny trinkets up there...course, if ye are a thief and the Shells catch wind o' ye, then it's all but certain ye'll be seein' me in the dead grounds too for what remains o' the rest o' yer miserable life."

“...I’ll keep that in mind,” said Michael, not particularly concerned with the fate of death.

*****

He then watched as the man gave his cellmate the approval to drain his energy until he was unconscious, then the Litwick waved the two visitors goodbye. “Someone’s coming!” came the woof from Silas. “Thanks, Silas, we got what we came for anyway-”

Inadvertently, Michael looked down and immediately clutched his arm where his hand was fading and took a step back from the cell and hissed. “Greedy little punk!!” he spat in Banette language, glaring at the Candle Pokemon with his real Banette eyes for just a moment. “And to think I was worried about getting you out of here...maybe I oughta knock you out of that cozy lanturn of yours, out of your comfort zone! Or maybe a lack of prisoners? I wonder what it’d be like for a brat like you to starve?” Returning to his normal face, he turned towards the door. “We’re done here, let’s go, Silas.” Silas simply huffed at the Litwick before they both walked out, happy to be leaving that particular Pokemon behind. They would both make a mental note to talk Hyrem out of getting a Litwick should he ever think about it.

Sorry Neemee, you’re on your own for now, Michael thought, realizing he was leaving his guide behind, but there were matters more important to him at hand...like looking for the man’s Pokemon so he could release the Pokemon within, or where Rigel or Rosenbark might be so he could pay a visit to one of them.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #412
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- The fight was hard to call at this point, it was still too early to tell whether Tyrant had what it took to take down the menacing Mega Aerodactyl. The prehistoric predator had already stiffened him with paralysis and now looked to go in for the Super Effective strike. The Rock type crashed into the ground in front of Tyrant, sinking Ground energy into the earth. Tyrant tries to react, to defend himself but the Aerodactyl is too fast for him. The energy erupts from beneath him, dealing a devastating blow that leaves him groaning in pain. Despite the hit, Tyrant holds strong, his body loosens as his ability activates, clearing the Paralysis. As he crashes back to the ground he lets out a burst of sand that begins to swirl around him. Artemis's tailwind pushes at the swirling sand, reducing its coverage but it would still provide an additional defense for both Rock types.

Leaping back into the air, Artemis's giant jaws snap open as she releases a supersonic cry. Tyrant is more prepared this time, not being held back by the paralysis he matches the sonic assault with a screech of his own. The two sound attacks collide, canceling each other out, much to the delight of both parties. Tyrant perhaps celebrates his success too soon, as Artemis jets in and snatches him up in her claws. If the Pupitar wasn't scared of heights before, he likely was now as the Mega Aerodactyl climbs higher and higher into the sky. The two Pokemon lose sight of their trainers, all there was to see was clouds and blue sky. Reaching the peak of her ascent, Artemis quickly transitions into a dive, hurtling back towards the battle ground at breakneck speed.

Tyrant knew he had to do something, with the velocity the Aerodactyl was traveling at, even he could potentially be cracked open like a nut when he hit the ground. Grasped in the claws of the Aerodactyl, he could clearly see their Aerodactyl's right wing. Concentrating, the Pupitar forms a sharpened stone and prepares to strike. The pair finally come back into their trainers' views and Artemis prepares to drop Tyrant into the earth. However as she goes to loosen her grip on the Rock type, he fires his sharpened stone into her right wing, sending her off course. Artemis spins out of control, dropping Tyrant in the process. The Pupitar begins to fall, his current trajectory would have him missing the side of the mountain and plummeting right down to the ground and certain doom.

The Pupitar slips past the ledge and out of sight, for a moment your heart stops. Tyrant then bursts into view once more, launching himself back onto solid ground with a burst of compressed air. The Pupitar seems delighted to be back on solid ground. Artemis soon corrects herself, she seems to be struggling a bit with her right wing. The injury would likely reduce her speed, but with the Tailwind still behind her, the Mega Aerodactyl was far from handicapped.
Gary’s expression was a rollercoaster of emotion as he watched Tyrant’s battle against the Mega Aerodactyl unfold. His plan to use sand as a buffer for the ranged ground attack had failed as the paralysis made Tyrant a step too slow. However, that status was finally shed away as the Pupitar’s rocky exterior crumbled away slightly. Gary smiled as his plan to cancel out the supersonic noise worked, but then bit his lip as Tyrant was scooped up into the Aerodactyl’s rocky talons and lifted high into the sky. Tyrant had managed to free himself midair, but Gary’s jaw dropped as Tyrant’s heavy cocoon plummeted over the cliff side. “Tyrant!” he called out helplessly, his heart leaping out of his chest. He let out a deep sigh of relief as he shortly after witnessed the Pupitar propel himself back up onto the cliff.

“Geez, you had me worried,” Gary sighed again, examining his Pupitar to make sure he was okay. “How are you feeling?” Tyrant silently stood upright and nodded slightly, exhaling a small puff of compressed air, signaling he was capable of continuing the battle. Gary smiled and nodded back as he began to think of a plan to try and level the playing field with this fearsome opponent. Mega Aerodactyl was intimidating, but Tyrant was no pushover either.

As an idea popped into Gary’s head, he smiled and called it out. “Alright Tyrant, quickly Dragon Dance to power up and try and match the Aerodactyl’s speed a bit. Give it another Smack Down after that to keep it grounded and then ram it with your hardest Iron Head! This time, let’s keep on the offensive!” Tyrant quickly nodded once again, acknowledging his trainer’s orders.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #413
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,207
Sandaa- With Tyrant getting away with a close call, you decide to have him press the advantage. The Pupitar begins to dance and sway, building himself into a fury as his speed and attack increases. You happen to spot a bead of sweat run down Duke's brow, perhaps the confident trainer was beginning to feel the pressure?

"Push through Artemis!" Duke shouts, attempting to mask his concern with confident energy. "Agility to dodge the Smack Down, then follow up with a Rock Smash.Then bring the pain, smash them with an Aqua Tail!"

The Aerodactyl had a glint in her eye as Tyrant fired another stone at blistering speed, aiming to strike down her wing once more. Artemis wasn't going to fall for the same trick twice however and quickly barrel rolls out of the way with stunning agility, quickly surging forward as she prepares to strike a blow of her own. She rushes through the sand, striking out with a powerful kick that smashes into Tyrant's face, sending him tumbling backwards. The Pupitar rights himself, but he finds himself feeling weaker, the Mega Aerodactyl's attack had weakened his defence boost.

Before Artemis could retreat out of reach, Tyrant blasts himself forward, slamming his Iron coated head into the Aerodactyl's rear. The fossil Pokemon screeches in pain, the Pupitar certainly had more fight in it than she had anticipated. She turns back, intent on bringing the Pupitar down. Water swirls around the Mega Aerodactyl's tail as she lashes out, swinging the tail around and bludging Tyrant. The Pupitar groans in pain, the attack was incredibly effective and it left him feeling weak. Despite this, he could feel a strength growing inside of him, something that wanted to come out.

Tyrant has gained 3 levels!

"Nearly there Artemis", cries Duke, "Dragon Breath as you retreat back to that ledge. Roost and bat them away with a Steel Wing if they get too close!"
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #414
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Sandaa- With Tyrant getting away with a close call, you decide to have him press the advantage. The Pupitar begins to dance and sway, building himself into a fury as his speed and attack increases. You happen to spot a bead of sweat run down Duke's brow, perhaps the confident trainer was beginning to feel the pressure?

"Push through Artemis!" Duke shouts, attempting to mask his concern with confident energy. "Agility to dodge the Smack Down, then follow up with a Rock Smash.Then bring the pain, smash them with an Aqua Tail!"

The Aerodactyl had a glint in her eye as Tyrant fired another stone at blistering speed, aiming to strike down her wing once more. Artemis wasn't going to fall for the same trick twice however and quickly barrel rolls out of the way with stunning agility, quickly surging forward as she prepares to strike a blow of her own. She rushes through the sand, striking out with a powerful kick that smashes into Tyrant's face, sending him tumbling backwards. The Pupitar rights himself, but he finds himself feeling weaker, the Mega Aerodactyl's attack had weakened his defence boost.

Before Artemis could retreat out of reach, Tyrant blasts himself forward, slamming his Iron coated head into the Aerodactyl's rear. The fossil Pokemon screeches in pain, the Pupitar certainly had more fight in it than she had anticipated. She turns back, intent on bringing the Pupitar down. Water swirls around the Mega Aerodactyl's tail as she lashes out, swinging the tail around and bludging Tyrant. The Pupitar groans in pain, the attack was incredibly effective and it left him feeling weak. Despite this, he could feel a strength growing inside of him, something that wanted to come out.

Tyrant has gained 3 levels!

"Nearly there Artemis", cries Duke, "Dragon Breath as you retreat back to that ledge. Roost and bat them away with a Steel Wing if they get too close!"
(Using 7 candies to take Tyrant from 45 to 52. Tyrant gained 3 levels, taking him to lv.55!)

Gary winced as he watched Tyrant take a nasty Aqua Tail from the Mega Aerodactyl. Even with all of his hardened defenses, he knew that super effective attack had to hurt quite a bit. However, Tyrant stood tough through it all as the rocky cocoon got right back up and was literally shaking with determination. “You’re doing great, Tyrant!” Gary called out as he offered words of encouragement to his Pokemon. “Keep it up!” Gary didn’t need to tell Tyrant twice, as he could see the expression on the Pupitar’s face. Despite not having arms or legs to work with, the creature inside the shell looked possessed, as if he was ready to make use of every fiber of his being to get back at the opposing Aerodactyl.

It almost seemed like particles of sand had begun to trickle out of Tyrant’s shell as Gary listened in to Duke’s next orders for Mega Aerodactyl. Gary cursed under his breath as his opponents made plans to make a tactical retreat and rest up. Tyrant understood what the order meant too, and it just made him mad. It was almost as if they were taunting him to move his stubby body and try to reach them. That would be the last time an opponent would take him lightly, Tyrant wanted to make sure of that.

A hissing growl echoed from inside of the Pupitar’s shell as his body began to shake and crack in various parts as Tyrant started glowing. The growl turned into a bellowing roar as Tyrant’s eyes disappeared from the mask-like holes on his front and an array of spiked emerged from the top of the cocoon. Without warning, a pair of arms ripped out of the shell on either side followed by a pair of legs cracking through the shell’s previous stubs. Tyrant’s body continued growing up into the air as a number of spikes and a long tail emerged up and down his back. As Tyrant finally ceased glowing, an olive green dinosaur-like beast appeared before Gary.

“Oh my god, Tyrant! You evolved!” Gary couldn’t believe it and was abruptly cut off as the behemoth let loose another bellow that echoed across the mountainside. Sand began to Stream out of his body as Tyrant stared down his opponent, ready to strike. Sensing his Pokemon’s anticipation, Gary was ready to unleash him on the Mega Aerodactyl. “Go, Tyrant! Stone Edge! Don’t get it a moment to rest; once it starts roosting, shake it off its perch with an Earthquake! Don’t stop charging! Finish up your assault with an Iron Head!” There was an appreciative fire in Tyrant’s eyes as he listened to his orders. The Tyranitar roared and stomped his feet, ready to charge.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
MI:
BR:
DG:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #415
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 611
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: The prince of all Chespin rushes back to you to obtain its well-earned healing condensed in a spray bottle. Your opponent's Rattata, on the other hand was having none of that, it quickly opens its jaw as it leaps towards both you and your Chespin. But suddenly it finds that it is Biteing down on a Barrier of Ice created by Elsa.

The Rattata quickly dislodged its mouth from the giant ice block when it turns towards your Swinub. The rodent Quickly Attacks it, but this distraction leaves it wide open for your Chespin to get off not one, but two Power-Up Punches in a row. The Rattata succumbs to its wounds as it falls onto the ground.

Chespin receives 2 levels.

Its trainer is still distracted by the other fight that when he turns back around and sees what happened to his Dark and Normal type Pokemon, a visible shock rolls across his eyes. "W-W-Whaaaaa?" He shakes his head and pulls out a Pokeball. "Come back, Ratso!" He pulls out another Pokeball, and gets ready to toss it, "Come out, Chow!"

However, before he can throw out his Pokeball, an explosion happens in the background.

Earlier, in the other fight, the Elekid charged up a Thunder Punch and charged towards the Dusclops. But when the Pokemon tried to strike, it just backhanded the poor electric type, causing it to falter into a nearby generator powering the elevator. The gasoline within received the spark creating a makeshift explosion, that causes the freight elevator to collapse cutting you and your opponent off from the rest of the quarry, and with it a big portion of the quarry's wall is starting to quake.

You have a choice to make, you can either try to make for a nearby cave and hope it doesn't collapse on you or you could try to outrun the inevitable landslide, but that would mean you would have to go through the wreckage of the elevator. What will you do?
[/QUOTE]
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 03-13-2018 at 07:58 PM.
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #416
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
BEDLAM RIDGE
Areas:

Marshal's Headquarters (Marshals): Situated in the relatively stable north, the headquarters of the police force is a large compound with tight security, home to the Goldenridge Marshals in their fight to restore the name of Goldenridge to bedlam. The force has recently started a campaign against the Shells and Ribs, seeking to push them out of the city once and for all, and are willing to accept mercenary support from trainers willing to help out in the fight. The reinforced location seems to be more attractive to pokemon who enjoy a sense of justice and honour. Reply in Silver.
A... strangely dressed man stood in front of the Marshal's HQ. Having considered himself a sort of vigilante superhero ever since his circus days, Quentin always felt that it was his duty to help those in need. Sure, most people thought his view point was somewhat, well insane. Quentin just ignored those people, they obviously didn't know what they were talking about.

Ever since he had heard about the plight of Bedlam Ridge, Quentin had felt that he needed to do something to help, anything to help. Unfortunately, he hadn't been able to get away and actually help. That was until now. It was finally time for Quentin to help those in need, to be the hero he knew he was!

He took a deep breath, and opened the doors to the headquarters.

"Finally! I am here to help those in need!" Quentin announced, stepping through the doors.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:01 AM   #417
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 842



Marshals' Headquarters



[ PikaGod ]


You were born to be a hero; you know it to be true. Bedlam Ridge has fallen into chaos, the Marshals are struggling to keep the peace, and the civilians are suffering. Something has to change. That's where you come in. You are darkness. You are the night. You are...

...Quentin.

You announce your arrival with all the pomp and circumstance it deserves. The lobby of the headquarters, initially buzzing with activity, goes silent. A woman at the front desk stares at you, dispatch radio in one hand. An officer in full uniform, a densely packed manila folder in hand, blinks in bewilderment. There's a man pouring coffee at a small station in the corner who forgets about his drink in lieu of your arrival, until his cup overflows. He hisses and drops the mug on instinct as searing hot liquid pours over his hand. His pain breaks the silence, and with a trickle, the space slowly returns to work.

"Yes, can I help you?" The woman at the front desk asks, radio receiver still in hand. She beckons you over, lest you continue to stand there, blocking the front door. "Do you have a crime to report? You'll have to talk to an officer, in that case..."

She makes a vague gesture at a uniformed man with shaggy brown hair, who approaches the desk, picking up on the fact that he might be needed. He gives you a smile. Before you can answer the woman with your intent of purpose, however the radio in her hand crackles to life, he voice on the other end sounding terse and a little urgent.

"Dis...atch... This is Sierra 11...3... We have an incident at Cry...al Groves. Ribs a...tivity suspected. Requesting backup."

"Ribs?" The officer echoes, looking concerned. You catch a glimpse at his name tag; engraved in the metal plate is 'Sgt. Barnes.' He looks at the woman handling dispatch. "That far north?"

"I guess so," the woman sighs. She sounds about as unhappy with this turn of events as he looks. Pressing the button on the side of the receiver, she leans into the device in her hand, and responds: "Roger that, Sierra 1143. Backup is inbound."

Sgt. Barnes' nods, and checks his belt to make sure he has his Poké Balls on hand -- looks like he's 'backup.' He walks past you, heading towards the door; you could probably follow after him, if you wanted. Then again... he looked pretty concerned with whatever was going on at the Crystal Groves. Maybe it would be better not to try and involve yourself. You could stay here, and explain to the nice lady at dispatch your desire to help. Or see if anyone else needs help. The man who spilled his coffee mops it up in the corner, and Sgt. Barnes has begun untying a Mudsdale from a hitch just outside the building, while the dispatcher stares at you expectantly.

What will you do?




Crimson Sanctum



[ Balmund ]


You have a dark past, and dark desires. Some say that an eye for an eye makes the entire world blind, but what do you care? You want for revenge, plain and simple. You're willing to do whatever you have to in order to get it, as well -- even align yourself with people as sinister as the Shells. Although... your soul isn't exactly spotless to begin with, is it?

The magnificent stone cathedral stands before you in the distance, stained glass windows glittering in the orange glow of the evening sunlight. You've made it into the heart of the district unaccosted, and find yourself walking down the main road, sanctum of the Shells looming dead ahead. To your right and to your left, houses line the street; a tidy, upper-middle class suburb. There are cars in the driveways, and even children's toys in some of the yards. It's surreal how normal everything looks; you might not even know where you were, were it not for the flags hanging from porch mounts and poles, designating the households as being loyalists. It seems like loyal, capable members of the Shells are set up quite nicely.

Given where you are, you're a bit hyper-vigilant. To your left, you hear the creaking of a gate, and look up just in time to see a trio of children bolting out of a back yard, pistols in hand. For a moment they're too busy chasing after one another to notice you, but then the ring leader -- a freckled girl with huge blue eyes and a dense, trailing cape of fiery red curls spots you.

"Oi!" She yells. Then she charges you, her two friends hot on her heels. She comes to a halt in front of you, and points the gun in her hand at you. Her companions -- a little blonde boy in a blue shirt printed with a big white star, and a black-haired lad with sharp eyes do the same. Having three firearms pointed directly at you might have been terrifying... were it not for the bright orange tips at their muzzles that signified these were merely toys.

"What are you doing here?" She demands, in a thick brogue that you recognize as not being native to this area. She doesn't look a day over nine. "I know everybody on this block! You don't live here."

The miniature neighborhood watch stares you down. The dark haired boy cocks the hammer of his cap gun, looking way too serious. Clearly, they don't like you, a stranger, in their neighborhood. However, they're just children with toy guns, so... you could probably ignore them, and continue on your way to the cathedral. That might run the risk of them fetching their parents, though. Then again... you wanted to offer your services to the Shells, did you not?

The children have you at gunpoint, but not a very concerning gunpoint. The sanctum is but a stone's throw away; maybe 40 yards from where you stand. The longer you stand in the middle of the street, the more attention you bring to yourself.

What will you do?




Shanty Heights



[ Rotom310 ]


You've come to this sad place with a grain of desire to do something good; to make this world a better place. A creature follows you, and another creature follows it -- or so you're pretty sure -- and together the three-ish of you make for a bizarre, disjointed procession through the ghettos. You find, as you walk, that the people on the streets who are going about their lives the best can under the circumstances forced upon them, take pause when you pass by. Housewives picking through bruised produce at a shanty that passes for a market turn and watch you. Children playing stick-ball stop and clear the street, staring at you from the opposite sidewalk. It's unnerving in its ubiquity; every local you come across behaves the same. Is it you? Have you somehow done something wrong?

Your question is answered when a glass bottle goes sailing past your head, shattering on the ground less than a foot from the clawed feet of the Weavile who has become your tenuous companion. A look in the direction of origin reveals the assailant: a slightly overweight man with a receded hairline and a heavy mustache. He's standing on the porch of one of the shacks which pass as a home in this area.

"You get off this block!" He yells, at you and at the Weavile. Behind him, a middle-aged woman with long, mahogany hair comes out through their open front door, and grasps him by the arm, a frightened look on her face.

"Nikolai," she pleads, casting a worried glance at the Pokémon at your side. "Come inside, before you anger it-"

"No, Danielle!" He bellows, shaking her off. Beginning to go red in the face, he points a meaty finger at the Weavile, hand shaking with rage. "I won't let that monster terrorize us anymore! Have you forgotten what it did to the Quincy kid? To little Danny Hansen? To Melanie?"

The woman blanches, and then her face contorts, tears filling her blue eyes. She covers her mouth with her palm and swallows a sob, before speaking up.

"We don't know that it took Melanie!" She yells. The man shakes his head, and picks up a rusted shovel that had been leaning against the porch railing.

"I won't let that damn thing take another child, do you hear me?" He asserts, as he begins to descend the porch stairs. Around you, others have come out onto their lawn and stoops to watch the commotion. Some clutch their kids to themselves, others whisper and murmur in hushed tones. No one, not even the woman named Danielle, makes a move to stop his advance on you. Somehow, you've managed to walk into quite a bit of trouble, although you don't seem to be the source. Rather, the Sharp Claw Pokémon with you appears to be the source of the distrust and, now, violence. But what could he have done to these people? The man with the shovel is crossing his yard with purposeful steps, and you need to think fast.

What will you do?



134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:58 AM   #418
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,457
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post



Crimson Sanctum



[ Balmund ]


You have a dark past, and dark desires. Some say that an eye for an eye makes the entire world blind, but what do you care? You want for revenge, plain and simple. You're willing to do whatever you have to in order to get it, as well -- even align yourself with people as sinister as the Shells. Although... your soul isn't exactly spotless to begin with, is it?

The magnificent stone cathedral stands before you in the distance, stained glass windows glittering in the orange glow of the evening sunlight. You've made it into the heart of the district unaccosted, and find yourself walking down the main road, sanctum of the Shells looming dead ahead. To your right and to your left, houses line the street; a tidy, upper-middle class suburb. There are cars in the driveways, and even children's toys in some of the yards. It's surreal how normal everything looks; you might not even know where you were, were it not for the flags hanging from porch mounts and poles, designating the households as being loyalists. It seems like loyal, capable members of the Shells are set up quite nicely.

Given where you are, you're a bit hyper-vigilant. To your left, you hear the creaking of a gate, and look up just in time to see a trio of children bolting out of a back yard, pistols in hand. For a moment they're too busy chasing after one another to notice you, but then the ring leader -- a freckled girl with huge blue eyes and a dense, trailing cape of fiery red curls spots you.

"Oi!" She yells. Then she charges you, her two friends hot on her heels. She comes to a halt in front of you, and points the gun in her hand at you. Her companions -- a little blonde boy in a blue shirt printed with a big white star, and a black-haired lad with sharp eyes do the same. Having three firearms pointed directly at you might have been terrifying... were it not for the bright orange tips at their muzzles that signified these were merely toys.

"What are you doing here?" She demands, in a thick brogue that you recognize as not being native to this area. She doesn't look a day over nine. "I know everybody on this block! You don't live here."

The miniature neighborhood watch stares you down. The dark haired boy cocks the hammer of his cap gun, looking way too serious. Clearly, they don't like you, a stranger, in their neighborhood. However, they're just children with toy guns, so... you could probably ignore them, and continue on your way to the cathedral. That might run the risk of them fetching their parents, though. Then again... you wanted to offer your services to the Shells, did you not?

The children have you at gunpoint, but not a very concerning gunpoint. The sanctum is but a stone's throw away; maybe 40 yards from where you stand. The longer you stand in the middle of the street, the more attention you bring to yourself.

What will you do?



Of course she would be greeted by children. Those in the know are well aware of how useful little soldiers and scouts children tend to make. Bel would know; she started quite young herself after all, and the sight of the little runts pointing toy guns at her sure brought a flood of nostalgic memories into her mind. If she wasn’t overthinking things -and her own experience said she wasn’t- she could bet a limb on the notion that those kids were being supervised, and that she was being tested in the process. Children also had a way of lowering a grown-up’s guard, so there’s also that to be mindful of. From this point onward, whatever she does, ignoring them should be the last. Besides, when the ginger lass said she knew everyone on the block, Bel could bet she meant it, and such resource is too invaluable to pass up.

“Ah, ya got me ya punks.” Bel raised her hands in surrender before the might of the plastic firearms. She couldn’t help grinning a bit in amusement in the process. “Go easy on me will ya? I’m just a stranger looking for honest work. Y’all can call me Bellsprout.” A nickname earned during her days as a Rocket, originally meant to be demeaning and derogatory in nature, but later owned up in defiance. “And who are you supposed to be?”
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #419
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams
 
EpicSquirtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
BEDLAM RIDGE
The Temporary City Zone

Areas:
The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams (Neutral): The centrepiece of the city located fittingly in the middle, the Bastion of Dreams was the main government building, stretching into the skies, and where the Goldenridge Council met their bloody end. The enormous structure yet stands, but no side dares to contest for the obvious vantage for fear of what lies within. Legends state that the building was constructed above and around a shrine to a creature of unknown origin said to sway the minds of those who happened upon it. As a result, it is largely abandoned, and many of the valuable documents within are up for grabs, though rumours have it that the final survivor of the council resides within, watching the world crumble around her, with an enigmatic force keeping her safe. Even the deities know not what pokemon are brave enough to reside within, but one thing is certain: those who have ventured in...have never emerged again. Reply in Dark Green.
As an Admin of Team Catalyst, it wasn't unusual for Roxie to find herself on various field missions around the region.
Whether it was conducting research on a certain area, or collecting some valuable materials for the group, Roxie was almost always eager to prove herself.

But this time....things were different. It had only been a couple days since her trip to the Cliffs of Saigai, so it had come as quite a surprise to Roxie when her boss, Zack, had ordered her on a whole new investigation.
This wasn't just any investigation though, Roxie knew. During her stay with her great-grandmother, the blue-haired girl had heard about Bedlam Ridge many times, but never anything good.
A decaying city, caught in a turf war between the Shells and the Ribs. It certainly wasn't a place Roxie had been planning to visit anytime soon. But now, she didn't have much of a choice.

With the sight of the main government building coming into view, the young Catalyst Admin gave a nervous glance to her Munna, who was floating right beside her.

"You ok? If I didn't know better...you look almost worried, Roxie." Yume's voice rang in his trainers head.

"Wha-no! Don't be silly!" Roxie exclaimed. Even though Yume had caught her, their was no way the blue-haired girl was about to admit it to the Munna.

"Yes of course, how silly of me." Yume chimed. "I guess I just thought you might of heard the rumors of this place."

Roxie nodded. She HAD heard the legends about this place. Others had too, for neither the Shells or the Ribs had claimed the building as their own, or so Roxie had been told.

Which was exactly why Roxie's boss had wanted her to investigate the area. With the rumors driving almost everyone away from the government building, there had to be something of importance still inside, right?

As the blue-haired girl approached the entrance to the large building, she took the time to adjust the white toque on her head. As part of the mission, Zack had instructed Roxie to wear her street clothes, instead of the black lab coat that the Admins usually had to wear. Zack had claimed that this was to avoid standing out, but Roxie wasn't so sure how well that would work in an abandoned building.

"Alright, promise you'll stay close to me, ok?" Roxie asked, her attention on her Psychic type companion.

"I suppose." Yume chimed.

Satisfied with the Munna's answer, Roxie went to grab the door, but was quickly stopped by Yume.

"What are you doing? Don't enter from the front door!" The Munna insisted.

"Why not? Does it matter?" The young trainer questioned.

"What if someone's already inside? Entering from the front door will just cause us trouble." Yume explained. "It'd be much easier if we sneak in."

"I'm...sure it'll be fine." Roxie replied, though she was mostly trying to reassure herself then anything.

To this, Yume sighed. Though he knew his trainer to be rather reckless, he had been hoping her fear of the supernatural would have been enough to stop her from charging on ahead.

I guess some things never change. The Munna thought to himself as he followed his trainer into the building.
__________________
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #420
Lil'twick
Myth Breaker
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,876
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Tate:

With your consent, the Smeargle leads the way towards its home. THe walk through Ribs territory was quite peaceful, despite it being close to the heart of the gang's turf. Though, considering you getting rid of their pest problem, you at least had respect from the gang. They'd really only mess with you if they wanted to, not because you were technically trespassing. Seems the same could be said for the Smeargle. It didn't seem to have much use battle wise and was more of a pet to have around than a tool. Even so, the Smeargle was nice enough. After all, it did manage to get into Pena's heart.

You couldn't help but smile seeing how your Tyrogue was getting out of his shell. That there was someone besides you that the Pokemon coudl trust was reassuring. Maybe soon he'd be happily playing along with the the rest of your team instead of sticking his head in coloring books. You slightly chuckle at the thought, but who knows. Though, it wasn't time for daydreaming.

You return from your thoughts to the Smeargle standing next to an abandoned building. It moves a piece of wood paneling meant to keep people out, and shows the passageway into its home. The Smeargle heads inside, and Pena soon after. You're the last to do so, making sure to return the panel where it was. Green. All you could see was green. You look at the painter Pokemon to see it happy showing off its work. The Smeargle then heads back to it's current work... which seemed to be a giant, grassy field. You could tell that the Smeargle wanted to get out of this city, but at the same time this place seemed safe enough.

What do you do?

__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:26 AM   #421
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: The prince of all Chespin rushes back to you to obtain its well-earned healing condensed in a spray bottle. Your opponent's Rattata, on the other hand was having none of that, it quickly opens its jaw as it leaps towards both you and your Chespin. But suddenly it finds that it is Biteing down on a Barrier of Ice created by Elsa.

The Rattata quickly dislodged its mouth from the giant ice block when it turns towards your Swinub. The rodent Quickly Attacks it, but this distraction leaves it wide open for your Chespin to get off not one, but two Power-Up Punches in a row. The Rattata succumbs to its wounds as it falls onto the ground.

Chespin receives 2 levels.

Its trainer is still distracted by the other fight that when he turns back around and sees what happened to his Dark and Normal type Pokemon, a visible shock rolls across his eyes. "W-W-Whaaaaa?" He shakes his head and pulls out a Pokeball. "Come back, Ratso!" He pulls out another Pokeball, and gets ready to toss it, "Come out, Chow!"

However, before he can throw out his Pokeball, an explosion happens in the background.

Earlier, in the other fight, the Elekid charged up a Thunder Punch and charged towards the Dusclops. But when the Pokemon tried to strike, it just backhanded the poor electric type, causing it to falter into a nearby generator powering the elevator. The gasoline within received the spark creating a makeshift explosion, that causes the freight elevator to collapse cutting you and your opponent off from the rest of the quarry, and with it a big portion of the quarry's wall is starting to quake.

You have a choice to make, you can either try to make for a nearby cave and hope it doesn't collapse on you or you could try to outrun the inevitable landslide, but that would mean you would have to go through the wreckage of the elevator. What will you do?
[/QUOTE]

Vegeta rolls his eyes as he heads over to get healed from the potion. The Rattata comes in trying to interrupt the process but Elsa hums a quick tune and taps her nos to the ground springing up a beautiful ice barrier to block the attack. Vegeta whirls around the barrier now that he's healed and wallops the rattata with two more fighting type attacks knocking it clean out. "Hmm, it seems this baby pokemon beat your 'big tough rattata'" Big says. "Although I'm fairly certain that's an oxymoron." Elsa pipes up. "Ooh, Ice queen's got more fire than I thought." Vegeta gives a smirk, the closest thing to a positive emotion he's shown. "You don't even know what oxymoron means do-" She's cut off by the explosion of the Elekid's thunderpunch hitting the generator. Big's eyes widen as the cave seems to collapse. "Quick, come back Vegeta!" He completely ignores the gang members at this point and recalls the grass type who complains the whole while until his voice cuts out. "Oh come on, I could fight the rock slide, I'd crush tose ro-" Big quickly pockets the dusk ball and runs over to Elsa picking her up. "We gotta make it through the Elevator." He explains to the ice type. "But you gotta try to stabilize what you can with your ice beam on the way so we can make it that far." She nods and begins to aim for the structural weak points to reinforce them with blasts of ice as Big makes his way toward the elevator.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:47 AM   #422
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Meetan- Surrounded by chaos, you do your best to remain calm, despite being completely out of your depths. The fire had to be controlled, if it got out of hand, the enter neighbourhood could be reduced to ashes. You release a clutch of Pokemon from their balls. Lorin immediately takes the lead as he begins to fire Water Pulses into the burning building. Nina begins to mimic the Lotad, quickly gaining familiarity with the move as she helps to fight back the flames that were fast consuming the house. Peaches lobbed mud to try and help, the viscous substance slapped against the wood, helping but not as much as the water type moves were. Terry quickly follows your orders, releasing Muddy from his Pokeball and instructing him to join in. The little water type begins bathing the house in muddy water, which proves to be quite efficient at controlling and dousing the flames. With the building saturated, Nina lets out a chilling breeze, freezing the house, or what remains of it. The top half of the house was all but gone, the bottom was in better condition but still severely damaged. The Pokemon continue to put out the few remaining patches of fire, allowing you to turn your attention to David and his Marowak.

(Lorin, Peaches and Nina gained 1 level!)

The boy was still sobbing, while his Marowak clung to consciousness. Thinking quickly, you retrieve a Pokeball and summon forth Axel. The Abra was a touch shocked at the scene, he could sense the urgency. David and Janey nod as you warn them, before disappearing in a flash as Axel teleports them away. Almost a minute passes before the Abra returns, he gives you a firm nod, as if to say they had made it to the Pokemon Center and were in safe hands.

(Axel gained 1 level!)

In the time it took Axel to get David, Janey and Marowak to the Pokemon Center, the rest of your Pokemon as well as Muddy, had put out the remaining flames. Sirens blared as the Marshalls arrived on the scene, a number of the officers began taking statements from the crowd of shocked onlookers while the rest began inspecting the crime scene. A man dressed in a long black trench coat approaches you. He flips open his notepad and tosses his half smoked cigarette to the ground, stomping it out with his boot.

"These your Pokemon ma'am? I assume we have you to thank for swiftly putting out this fire? Any details you can give us to aid us in our investigation?" The man pulled a pen out of his pocket and waited patiently for your statement.
It looked like the Pokemon were making progress. They really were amazing, miraculous creatures. By the time Axel had returned, the group were basically done, and Alice thanked Terry for his help. "It seems like Axel got Janey and David to the Centre, too." Alice added, turning her attention to the marshalls that were spreading themselves among the populace. Better late than never, although their response time hadn't exactly been terrible. In fact, everything had happened incredibly fast, if Alice was honest.

One of the staff approached, "Oh. Nina the Vulpix, Peaches the Pichu and Lorin the Lotad are all mine. Axel the Abra, too. Muddy is Terry's Mudkip." She said, indicating the young boy beside her. "And yeah, we can tell you a lot around the situation." Alice said, and from that point on, she explained most of the day's events to him, insofar as they were relevant. Alice tried to keep it concise, adding in if something would link if it seemed like an unrelated tangent. She started off by explaining that the house belonged to a boy David and his abusive older brother who had been responsible for the fire, about how she didn't know him well and how they had met, about Marowak and how it had been obtained that day and how that was crucial to the entire mess. She did mention the kids as well, if only because they had been involved, and made sure to add that while alcohol could be found in the house Alice had made sure that none of these children had consumed any while she was there.

"If it would help, by the way, my Abra, Axel, can use his psychic powers to show you some of what happened. He's the one that teleported them to the Pokemon Centre, so he can give you an impression of the situation and a sort of... View into his witness account." Alice offered. "We could also go to the Pokemon Centre together if you want. I know I'm only a civillian, but I don't know how well David would respond to police presence or an interrogation on a normal day, especially not in this state. I'd like to be there for them as moral support at least while I can, and I know that once his brother realises he or these other kids have survived the Ribs'll come back for more. They clearly don't care at all about any of them or the consequences..."
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #423
PikaGod
Marsh Badge
 
PikaGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Marshals' Headquarters



[ PikaGod ]


You were born to be a hero; you know it to be true. Bedlam Ridge has fallen into chaos, the Marshals are struggling to keep the peace, and the civilians are suffering. Something has to change. That's where you come in. You are darkness. You are the night. You are...

...Quentin.

You announce your arrival with all the pomp and circumstance it deserves. The lobby of the headquarters, initially buzzing with activity, goes silent. A woman at the front desk stares at you, dispatch radio in one hand. An officer in full uniform, a densely packed manila folder in hand, blinks in bewilderment. There's a man pouring coffee at a small station in the corner who forgets about his drink in lieu of your arrival, until his cup overflows. He hisses and drops the mug on instinct as searing hot liquid pours over his hand. His pain breaks the silence, and with a trickle, the space slowly returns to work.

"Yes, can I help you?" The woman at the front desk asks, radio receiver still in hand. She beckons you over, lest you continue to stand there, blocking the front door. "Do you have a crime to report? You'll have to talk to an officer, in that case..."

She makes a vague gesture at a uniformed man with shaggy brown hair, who approaches the desk, picking up on the fact that he might be needed. He gives you a smile. Before you can answer the woman with your intent of purpose, however the radio in her hand crackles to life, he voice on the other end sounding terse and a little urgent.

"Dis...atch... This is Sierra 11...3... We have an incident at Cry...al Groves. Ribs a...tivity suspected. Requesting backup."

"Ribs?" The officer echoes, looking concerned. You catch a glimpse at his name tag; engraved in the metal plate is 'Sgt. Barnes.' He looks at the woman handling dispatch. "That far north?"

"I guess so," the woman sighs. She sounds about as unhappy with this turn of events as he looks. Pressing the button on the side of the receiver, she leans into the device in her hand, and responds: "Roger that, Sierra 1143. Backup is inbound."

Sgt. Barnes' nods, and checks his belt to make sure he has his Poké Balls on hand -- looks like he's 'backup.' He walks past you, heading towards the door; you could probably follow after him, if you wanted. Then again... he looked pretty concerned with whatever was going on at the Crystal Groves. Maybe it would be better not to try and involve yourself. You could stay here, and explain to the nice lady at dispatch your desire to help. Or see if anyone else needs help. The man who spilled his coffee mops it up in the corner, and Sgt. Barnes has begun untying a Mudsdale from a hitch just outside the building, while the dispatcher stares at you expectantly.

What will you do?
It seemed like a number of opportunities had presented themselves to Quentin. A number of opportunities that could truly have Quentin show the world what he was really like, really give him the opportunity to get his name out there. He really liked the sound of tailing the back up, but unfortunately for him, he didn't think that he would be all that much help with just his Qwilfish. Maybe he and Poisson would be able to work their way up to dealing with what he presumed was some serious gang activity.

Perhaps he would be better off trying to deal with some smaller level issues. After all he had to work his way up to Batman, maybe it was better to start off as Green Arrow.

"Sorry, I'm not here to report a crime," said Quentin, addressing the lady at the front desk. "I'm here to lend a hand anywhere a hand needs to be lended. To help anyone who is in a touch of trouble, or a breeze of bad luck. I am Quentin, and I! AM! HERE! TO! HELP!"
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles: Quentin
PikaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #424
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 842



Marshals' Headquarters



[ PikaGod ]


As awesome as tailing the backup sounds, you think it might be better to be a friendly, neighborhood vigilante before moving up to serious criminal activity. That's fine -- everyone has to start somewhere. You inform the desk clerk that you are Quentin and you are, in fact, here to help. She stares at you a moment, recoiled slightly from your enthusiasm. Finally, she sets the receiver in her hand down, and leans forward.

"If you'd like to join the Marshals, you'll have to apply to the training program," she says, matter-of-factly. She reaches towards a filing tray of papers to fetch you an application, but before she can pick a packet up, a horrible noise rips through the building. There's a sound of shattering glass, and a moment later a woman runs out of a back room. She grabs a broom from beside a water cooler, and then turns around and disappears into the room again; you can hear the sound of wood on various surfaces as she audibly swipes the broom at something. There's an inhuman screech, and then a small, brown rodent with bizarrely ringed eyes darts through the doorway, skittering underfoot before disappearing behind a large filling cabinet. The woman with the broom brusts out of the room, red in the face.

"That's twice today!" She yells, clearly at her wits end.

The receptionist sighs through her nose. She glances at you. "You're a Pokémon trainer, right?" She asks. "If you want to help, catch that Patrat. I don't know how it got into the building, but it's been causing trouble all week. "

What will you do?




Crimson Sanctum



[ Balmund ]


Your graceful surrender seems to please the children, the budding criminal masterminds happy to have 'defeated' you. They were in charge, now! The little girl smiled up at you, smugly.

"I'm Pepper," she informs. "This is James, and this is Stephen."

She motions to her companions in turn, using the muzzle of her plastic gun. The blonde seems to be James, and the brunette seems to be Stephen. James elbows her, lightly, and then leans in to whisper something in her ear. She frowns, and narrows her eyes at you.

"Don't move," she orders, thrusting the toy firearm in your face. She pulls the boys away, and they form a huddle a few feet from where you stand. Now and then, one of them casts a scrutinizing glance at you. Their judgement is palpable. Finally, they break apart and approach you, Pepper leading them with all the severity of a diplomat proposing a deal.

"You said you're looking for work?" She clarifies, tapping the barrel of her toy gun against her palm rhythmically. "I got a job for you. There's this kid, a couple blocks over. He's been taking our stuff, so we're gonna go take care of him. He's four grades higher than us, but you're way bigger than him. Help us get our stuff back, and we'll pay you."

Dealing with this bully sounds like a relatively worthy cause, and would probably ingrate you to them, but they're kids -- how much could they really play you? Pepper looks at you expectantly, waiting for an answer.

What will you do?




The Bastion of Vacuous Dreams



[ EpicSquirtle ]


You're more or less undeterred by the sinister threats associated with this place, and barge in head-long, despite the better hopes and dreams of your Munna. Fortunately, when you throw open the doors, you don't find a clandestine meeting, or other looters. You just find a very large, very empty room.

The first thing you notice when you walk into the atrium is that it's cold. It's almost as if you'd just opened the door to a walk-in freezer -- the temperature gradient is steep and severe. The many windows of the building let in some dim sunlight, but your eyes still need a moment to adjust. There's an abandoned reception desk towards the back of the room, and two elevators behind that. They're almost certainly out of order, but you can see what looks to be the door to a stairwell between them. Crossing the otherwise empty lobby, you notice the desk looks virtually untouched since the government closure; there are stacks of documents, office supplies, and even framed photographs of the former receptionist and her family. It's unlikely there would be anything really important kept at this level, but it might still be worth a look.

A sign by the stairwell indicates that there is both a basement floor, as well as several higher floors. Getting closer reveals that there is a cold draft coming through the cracks around the door. It's an unnatural cold; one which makes you uneasy. Maybe it isn't such a good idea to be wandering around in here? There is always the option to just leave, though that would be disobeying a directive.

What will you do?



134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:13 PM   #425
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post

Tate:

With your consent, the Smeargle leads the way towards its home. THe walk through Ribs territory was quite peaceful, despite it being close to the heart of the gang's turf. Though, considering you getting rid of their pest problem, you at least had respect from the gang. They'd really only mess with you if they wanted to, not because you were technically trespassing. Seems the same could be said for the Smeargle. It didn't seem to have much use battle wise and was more of a pet to have around than a tool. Even so, the Smeargle was nice enough. After all, it did manage to get into Pena's heart.

You couldn't help but smile seeing how your Tyrogue was getting out of his shell. That there was someone besides you that the Pokemon coudl trust was reassuring. Maybe soon he'd be happily playing along with the the rest of your team instead of sticking his head in coloring books. You slightly chuckle at the thought, but who knows. Though, it wasn't time for daydreaming.

You return from your thoughts to the Smeargle standing next to an abandoned building. It moves a piece of wood paneling meant to keep people out, and shows the passageway into its home. The Smeargle heads inside, and Pena soon after. You're the last to do so, making sure to return the panel where it was. Green. All you could see was green. You look at the painter Pokemon to see it happy showing off its work. The Smeargle then heads back to it's current work... which seemed to be a giant, grassy field. You could tell that the Smeargle wanted to get out of this city, but at the same time this place seemed safe enough.

What do you do?



Pena was, for a moment, absolutely enraptured by the artwork. The Smeargle was not a very good artist -- or at least Tate didn't think it was -- but the bizarre minimalism that came with its monochromatic worldview evidently piqued the Tyrogue's interest. Tate let the Smeargle show its work off to its rapt audience, all while glancing around at the many different features. As they arrived on the newest painting, Tate felt a pang of sadness. There wasn't much grass around here; just concrete and weeds. It must be truly awful to live in a place like this; an industrial hellhole of anarchy and violence.

"We could take you somewhere," Tate blurted, suddenly, eyes fixed on the image of grass. "Somewhere else, I mean. Out of this city. Anywhere you want, really. I mean-... if you wanted us to."

Tate shrugged, looking down at the Smeargle. "I always wanted to get away from where I came from," the trainer expressed. "There was a lot of sadness there, so I wanted to go somewhere really far away from it. That's how I wound up here. If you wanted to go somewhere far away, too, we could help you."

Listening as his trainer spoke, Pena then turned to the Smeargle, and nodded eagerly, evidently in agreement. With one hand, he saluted the Smeargle, almost as if to say, 'At your service.' Tate chuckled, the display heartwarming. It was really good to see Pena interacting with others; if nothing else, Tate owed the Smeargle a favor for bringing him out of his shell, a little.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseDiary (VG)

Active Team @ Mt. Cortoza

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.