UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 01-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Cinccino UPN PASBL 2.0: Rangeet vs Fairfax!

Quote:
Rangeet (C) vs Fairfax (A)
3v3
10 AP Limit
36 hr DQ
Switch=KO
Arena: Lawn Arena

*Some time earlier, at a Clubhouse in parts unknown...*

Spoiler: show
Meow-ha! i'm back!

Oh, Felyne, you're back! How was your stroll around town?

Just swell. Oh yeah, look what I found at that Battler's League place, nya. *He pulls out a large card, and hands over it to the boy.*

What's this, a Ref's request? Oh, cool! I've been itching to start doing this ever since I settled down here. I think i'll give it a shot, I hope the Trainers won't mind someone like me, i'd probably just cramp their style or something...I'd be more comfortable if I took someone with me.

Then consider you wish granted. What better assistant you can have but an Ace like me?!

Yeah, that'll indeed make things a little more interesting! Alrighty then, lead he way, Ace! *Chuckles.*

-

Now, that same pair arrives at the cleared lawn on time. The timid-looking Trainer seems to give off a spirited and youthful vibe. It also seems that he has a particularly unique and peculiar affinity with his pokemon. He arrives alongside one of his partners, a confident-looking Meowth who fancies himself one of exceptional talent...

Meow this was a good call, getting to witness a matchup between two Trainers. I just know. It makes you wanna get out there and take on something!

Yeah, no. I doubt I could be a match for a Pokemon...

That's alright, we can do all the fighting fur you!

Hehe, thanks! But you're right, it does get me excited! More importantly, the League is newly run, making this is a battle between equals, not a Strong vs Weak scenario. So all of you get out there and show us what you got!

Right, now that we're here, About the Arena:
Quote:
Lawn: One of the most basic battling arenas. A large, well kept lawn area, situated outside. Rocks can be easily summoned from underground for use in attacks like Stealth Rock, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily.
The simplest of battlefields, almost any pokemon will be fine here! But i'm afraid there's no water around here, so you may want to leave your Fish at home...

With that I guess we should wait for the Trainers to show up. What was that fellow's name again? Rangeet? I think they were meant to bring their squad first.
Trot Away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:25 AM   #2
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Thanks for accepting the challenge and match, Fairfax and Trot Away! :p

Pharah - Female Skarmory - Oran Berry - HP Electric(3)

Dante - Male Cubone - Liechi Berry - HP Electric(2)

Barbara Gordon - Female Ralts - Oran Berry - HP Ground(2)

CM Punk - Male Charmander - Lum Berry - HP Grass(1)

CH-47 "Chinook" - Staryu - Wacan Berry - HP Fighting(1)

Mr. Genetor- Male Elekid - Sitrus Berry - HP Grass(1)

GL HF!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
Fairfax
Diesel Jeans

Send a message via Skype™ to Fairfax
Thanks for picking up the match, Trot! Your reffing style is an absolute pleasure to read, and I've missed it.

Farigiraf - Male Girafarig @ Fighting Gem [HP Fire] (3)
Bully - Male Snubbull @ Evolution Charm [HP Ground] (2)
Bonedog - Male Cubone @ Rowap Berry [HP Electric] (2)
Yertle - Male Squirtle @ Ice Gem [HP Ground] (1)
Tilly - Female Lileep @ Big Root [HP Psychic] (1)
Magnus - Genderless Magnemite @ Shuca Berry [HP Flying] (1)

We begin with Farigiraf.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:36 AM   #4
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

"I will suffer. I will burn. Let hate prevail.

Enslave my soul but I'll NEVER SURRENDER!"

Dante, released at slightly further than usual distance. Let's start off simple- Earth Power, then Round. Replace the second with a Bulldoze if he tries a physical attack.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
Fairfax
Diesel Jeans

Grass Knot to trip up Dante's Earth Power, then dart in to close the distance before loosing a Hyper Voice.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:38 PM   #6
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 1:Make a mess! Make some noise!

And right on cue, our Trainers in question have arrived and are ready to go at it. After pleasantries they send out their partners. Looks like Fairfax's partner has been revealed to have two heads for the price of one, that's a Girafarig! He goes by Farigiraf, and he and his tail are ready to go to work. I wonder which side is leading, though...Ragneet in turn counts on a rather forlorn little fellow, a Cubone to be exact. Fueled by some sort of hidden hatred or sorrow, Dante has his mind made up and is ready to crush whoever gets in his way!

And guess who's doing just that, too! Anyway, let's see what these two are capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felyne's Notes

Girafarig (Normal/Psychic): Girafarig's head and tail are linked, so one head is not surprised unless they both are. The tail relies mostly on instinct, and will Bite at anything that comes near it, regardless of what it might be. The tail is also somewhat sensitive to smell, giving Girafarig a slight awareness of targets or threats behind them. Any attack executed with its hooves is 1.2x more powerful.

[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.

[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching, having higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This extends to GMs, where they will have a slightly better impression of Pokémon within their vicinity. Their Psychic support moves (such as Gravity and Magic Room) cost slightly less energy.

Cubone (Ground): A Cubone's face is covered by a skull, which it will not remove willingly. Cubone may not use its respective bone attacks if it is not holding its bone, but to compensate attacks using their bone will deal x1.1 damage due to the hardness of the weapon. Its Skull Bash attack takes slightly less energy than normal to use. Cubone can see in the dark.

[Ground]
: Ground-type Pokémon are considered to be immune to electricity while standing on the ground. If a Ground Pokémon is in the air, they take 0.75x the usual damage from Electric-type attacks, and will take neutral damage from Electric when wet. Ground types do not suffer from recoil damage when using Electric attacks in the water. Ground-type Pokémon are more adept at manipulating outdoor and 'natural' environments than other Pokémon and will spend less energy using Dig, Earthquake etc. This allows them to use Ground attacks on any surface, with the exception of Dig. They can also cause the ground to shake more vigorously when using Earthquake and Bulldoze.
Irony aside, Dante is definitely no Bonehead and decides to keep his distance. He twirls his prized tool around while radiating his familiar Power, no doubt he's readying a strong attack! Farigiraf sees this and wants to stop him before something hurty happens, his front hooves glow a Grassy green when he stomps them on the ground. He hopes that it will nail Dante in time, who's just about to slam his weapon onto the ground! When the Cubone does so, the grass suddenly grows and snags his feet, the resulting Knot surprises him and makes him flop. It doesn't look like much, but it smarts for a Ground type like him...Luckily he's a real lightweight. Farigiraf is sure that did the trick, but then the Earth, along with his high hopes, explodes under his feet in an outrageous burst of power! Both sides of him felt that one for sure.

Dante sits up and snaps the knot, then gives the Giraffe the evil eye. His Trainer told him to watch out if his opponent gets physical, so he holds his attack just in case. And it seems like his prediction was right, as Farigiraf, having shaken off the damage, books it right towards him!

Now Dante is at a clawssroads on what to do! Are they coming in for a close quarters attack, or is he just trying to close distance? And which one of his attacks should he do to stop it? That kind of hesitation can cost ya!

You're right, and in this case it costs the Cubone a good chunk of precious time to react. Enough for Farigiraf to suddenly stop short and let out a HUGE shout! His powered Voice sends a wavering, Hyper-loud soundwave that hits like a noisy brick on Dante's frame, effectively sending him sprawling! Mixed noises of pain and annoyance can be heard from the Cubone when he gets back on his feet, but now he's mad about the noise violation. To that end he belts out a shout of his own, it looses many snoundwaves that waver towards his opponent in a single Round! It's decibels aren't as dangerous as the last dirge, but it still makes its mark on Farigiraf, who unwillingly faces the music. He reels and his tail rants, but also shakes this off as well. More or less back where they started, both pokemon look ready to have at the other again.

Looks like there two are trading blows purretty well, and things can only heat up from here! Let's see who they hold up.

Dante got fairly hurt back there, leaving him slightly worse off than his opponent. Otherwise, he's still good and ready!

Farigiraf Took a bit less damage than his opponent, and used similar energy. He can also give it his best shot, and Grass energy could back up more moves.

Thanks for the recap, now let's see what Fairfax will do now.

Last edited by Trot Away; 01-05-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:57 PM   #7
Fairfax
Diesel Jeans

Telekinesis to lift Dante up into the air, then push him back with a Psychic wave, keeping him aloft.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:26 AM   #8
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Aim carefully and Toxic spray while you're being lifted, then Rock Tomb after the Psychic. Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #9
Trot Away
Espurrvasive

Round 2: Not now, but soon...

The playing field is even right now, but Farigiraf definitely wants it to lean over in his favor. And what better way than to mess up his opponent?! To do that he taps into his ever-present Psychic power, Dante raises his weapon in anticipation. But a direct attack isn't what his opponent was looking for, what the Cubone quickly finds out as he's suddenly being lifted into the air! It looks like Farigiraf is using some sort of Telekinesis to make it harder for Dante to get around. But Dante is savvy enough to not let this get him down.

Not like he CAN get down, anyway. Meowhaha!

In fact, he looks like he already has a plan; He gnaws on that tool of his real quick, it's soon covered in a sickly purple substance...That's when he concentrates the best he can...and throws it right at Farigiraf! It nails the Girafarig with a satisfying *CLONK!* in the head! It ricochets up and over, where Dante quickly catches it. The blow didn't really hurt, but the gunk that was on the bone got on Farigiraf and quickly sets into his coat. He's starting to feel a tad queasy, looks like a case of bad poison! It won't be long for him to find out that stuff was Toxic, and trouble ahead...

But Farigiraf has bigger things to worry about, for he wants Dante to get a taste of his Psychic powers first hand-- er, hoof! He concentrates hard while his tail snickers, he's just radiating with power...that of which is soon unleashed in one wicked blast of energy that, quite literally, blows the Cubone away! Left reeling a bit more, Dante has already had it with his opponent's Hocus Pocus. So he enploys a bit of power of his own. He spends his energy spawning a number of stone slabs that surround Farigiraf. Said Girafarig looks concerned, while his tail looks pretty unamused. With a swing of his bone, Dante lets the rocks drop and fall dangerously near Farigiraf! It's a practical Rock Tomb, he's cut off on all sides! Fairly distant now, Dante admires his work. While Farigiraf is probably already mulling over on how to get out of this jam...

Something tells me he won't be in there for long, so that Cubone better be up to more than just floating around!

Farigiraf Didn't take any damage at all! He did spend a good bit of energy, though. He can still give it his best, but better be careful not to push himself. He's been Badly poisoned, and will start feeling it next turn...A Rock Tomb blocks his way.

Dante took another hard hit and almost broke through his second third, and spending just as much energy as his opponent. He's looking similar in shape when it comes to staminya. Poison reserves are half of what they used to be, and Rock looks similar. He's under the effects of Telekinesis, it will last for about 2 more rounds.

I wonder what Ragneet will have his partner do now?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #10
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

If he breaks out, Icy Wind to freeze him a little.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #11
Fairfax
Diesel Jeans

Make a Wish. Use your natural psychic abilities to get an idea of where Dante is floating, then Psychic toss the rocks making up your tomb towards your foe, knocking him even further away if possible.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #12
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Bump.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL