UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #26
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Fairly sure you haven't posted this anywhere, but it may just be an obvious question: If I want to contribute Pokémon should I send you a list like this:

Slaking @ Leftovers
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
Nature, Ability, EVs

or can I actually save Pokémon and upload them or something clever like that?
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Talon87
時の彼方へ

There are two ways you can go about doing this.

Method 1:
Create the Pokémon in Pokémon-Online on your end. Save them in a box with a short unique name. Locate the box file on your computer. Get it to me somehow. I then place your box in my boxes folder, load up Pokémon-Online on my end, go to your box, withdraw your guys six at a time onto my team, and store them in the UPN CC boxes. I then update the UPN CC boxes for all to enjoy. This method puts a little more burden on you but I'd appreciate it as it removes a lot less from me. Between the two methods, this is the one I'm more likely to act upon in a timely fashion.

Method 2:
Create the Pokémon in Pokémon-Online on your end. With them on your team, go to the Team tab inside the team builder window and then look at the bottom left-hand corner. Do you see two buttons that say "Import" and "Export"? Click on Export. It'll produce a puretext summary of the six Pokemon currently on your team. Copy and paste this text into a PM and PM it to me. This method is much easier on you but much more time-consuming for me. Between the two methods, this is the one I'm more likely to stall on.

There are some other ways you can go about doing this (e.g. don't create anything on Pokémon-Online period) but I'm not very likely to be your best friend if you do that. The reason being, Pokémon-Online serves as a very, very convenient way to standardize everything. If people begin to write up their own lists from memory, they'll write things in different ways, arrange things differently, forget things, etc. And when this happens, I'll be sad. So ... don't do this please. ^_^; Please pick between Methods 1 and 2.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
I'll get you something from Method 1, it's not a whole lot extra effort for me as long as I can find a cunning method of getting the file to you. When do you want them by?
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #29
Talon87
時の彼方へ

There is no deadline. Ideally, "the sooner, the better," but I have a backlog of Pokemon sent to me via Method 2 from several different users, so you're in no rush. I'll confess that yours'll probably cut in line though if you're using Method 1. It's just much, much less time-consuming for me personally.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #30
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Method 1 it is. No homework tomorrow equals some free time to imagine some neat movesets. Also Seaking. Also, I would like to inquire, I saw in your files Pokemon with Levels ranging from 89 - 100, is there a particular Level cap we must abide to? Or any preferred Level we should put Pokemon in?

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 03-19-2012 at 06:10 PM.
KratosAurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

We have a Seaking already. That doesn't mean that you can't nominate one yourself, but ... you seem to be preoccupied with recommending a Rain Dance Seaking when that's exactly what we've got.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #32
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
We have a Seaking already. That doesn't mean that you can't nominate one yourself, but ... you seem to be preoccupied with recommending a Rain Dance Seaking when that's exactly what we've got.
Oh, my apologies, I shall give the Pokemon list a thorough once-over now, and see what we're missin'. Thanks for the heads up.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
KratosAurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
phoopes
Double Dragon

So a quick question here: Is this going to be Smogon-esque? What I mean is, will there be bans if a Pokemon is deemed too broken? Personally, I can see a few Pokemon being a bit OP, but I don't think it'll be anything too bad. Just wondering.

Also expect a whole box full of movesets within the next few days. I'm just not sure how to get a file from my computer to you, though, unless I had your e-mail address. Because I'm pretty sure I couldn't send a file from my computer to yours over a PM.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #34
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
So a quick question here: Is this going to be Smogon-esque? What I mean is, will there be bans if a Pokemon is deemed too broken? Personally, I can see a few Pokemon being a bit OP, but I don't think it'll be anything too bad. Just wondering.
We're loathe to ban an entire creature, so what we would most likely do is tweak it. For example ...
  • Mewtwo @ Calm Mind, Psystrike, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam is much too good. If we decide that he's a problem, we will probably replace Calm Mind with a garbage move. If he's still too good, we will replace one of either Thunderbolt or Ice Beam with a garbage move.
  • CompoundEyes Butterfree with Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder has caused no end of grief for teams that, due to their randomly-generated nature, are often times simply not equipped to take her down before it's too late. However, there are possible answers. Giving more Pokemon Lum Berries, priority moves, and Stealth Rock is a place to start.
  • Dragon Dance Salamence, Gyarados, and to a lesser extent Charizard have proven to be dominant players if they can get off the ground. However, we've introduced some antidotes already in the form of physically bulky ice (Glaceon) and whatnot.
However, at the end of the day, part of the authentic CC experience is sometimes losing 0-4 or worse to a team that happened to have an über with one or two great moves. So I don't think we'll be taking that out of the game. Everyone has an equal shot at getting that über so it's petty to be too sore about your 6-0 sweep turning into a 0-2 defeat at the last second when they pull out their Mewtwo or some such. Stuff happens. ^_^;

But to answer your question, yes, we are looking at banning certain broken things, but no, we won't be banning entire creatures. Not if we can help it.

And for the record, every single major threat in our metagame has been felled one way or another to date. Maybe not Mewtwo (can't say with 100% certainty), but certainly every other one. We've already had situations where a 3x DD Gyarados and his trainer or a 2x QD Butterfree and her trainer have both been defeated, so we know it's doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Also expect a whole box full of movesets within the next few days. I'm just not sure how to get a file from my computer to you, though, unless I had your e-mail address. Because I'm pretty sure I couldn't send a file from my computer to yours over a PM.
You can do what I did before moo gave me an FTP account: and that is to use MediaFire or Skype. Skype works if you see me on. (I am about to go afk for a while though while leaving the program open, so don't be bummed out if I don't answer your Skype PM. It's 100% nothing personal.) MediaFire works if you don't mind wasting their resources. ^_^;
Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #35
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Quote:
part of the authentic CC experience is sometimes losing 0-4 or worse to a team that happened to have an über with one or two great moves.
I ended up losing to a Weedle... Granted, I took out the rest of Daisy's team, but losing it all to a Weedle was baaaaaad...

If I have the time or energy, I might see about making a few poke's up. But that's a whole lot less likely than test battling... *grumbles about Weedles*

Spoiler: show
PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #36
phoopes
Double Dragon

>Talon

1. Well that's good to know. I'd hate to have a creature banned from Challenge Cup, lol.

2. I guess Skype will work, then. Not sure how to send a Skype PM, but I'll figure it out.

EDIT: By the way, what is your Skype name?

Last edited by phoopes; 03-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #37
Talon87
時の彼方へ

March 20 update:
- Unveiled the website to the public. It's still under construction. Anyone who wants to help with web design should contact me.

- Added 20+ creatures donated by phoopes. Several of them look like possible game-breakers but in the interests of fairness I've gone ahead and scrambled them in with the rest of the Pokemon that were in Boxes 4 and 5. If you notice any Pokemon being too good (e.g. your opponent can do nothing to stop this Pokemon in 9 out of every 10 games it shows up in), be sure to note who and why.

- Updated the links in the first and third posts of this thread to point back to the website.

Next To Do:
- go through the rest of Firewater's submissions

- test whether Lvl. 1 Sturdy Aron breaks the CC metagame or not.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #38
phoopes
Double Dragon

Love the way the site looks so far, even in its infancy. I especially like the fanart of Daisy's Yanmega... memories of a certain trolling I was the victim of during a tournament come to mind, lol.

Also coming soon: More OP movesets from phoopes for testing purposes to see what is lolbroken. But there'll also be some fun ones there, too. There's a devious Riolu set in the next batch.

EDIT: Also, I saw the list of Pokemon that are in the boxes so far, and I have a suggestion: Could you possibly specify the forms of Deoxys like you're going to do with the Rotom forms? For example, both Deoxys sets I gave you were Speed Form. But the list of Pokemon just says, "Deoxys." If there were some specification there (like there is when you listed "Rotom-H" instead of just "Rotom") that would be pretty cool of you. I know it's kind of nitpicking, but just thought I'd point it out to you, since I'm sending in at least one set for a different Deoxys form in the upcoming box.

Last edited by phoopes; 03-20-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #39
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I can do that, yes.

Also: you've already overwhelmed us with quite a lot of metagame-shattering sets. Please try to scale that back a bit for now. I'm not telling you "DON'T EVER SUBMIT THESE! " because, no, it's good that you submit them and we test them and we see whether they break the game or not and if they do we examine if we can patch the game's weakness. I'm just asking you to scale back for now because it's too much too soon. We need a lot more real (a.k.a. not trying to shatter the mechanics of the game and spoil the fun for everybody) movesets first.

If it helps you to picture what our standards are, Daisy's Yanmega should be the bar for brokenness. Any more broken than that (and as we both know he's not really broken) and we're talking -face territory.

That stated, Daisy was quite shocked (and very disappointed) EDIT: "just mildly disappointed" when she got your Blaziken but discovered that it didn't have Speed Boost. ^^; So it's not like you're alone in wanting OP playtoys.

Last edited by Talon87; 03-20-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Daisy's correction
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #40
phoopes
Double Dragon

It didn't have Speed Boost? Oh, that was a mistake on my part. But yeah, I've already made up a few OP sets, so I'll just keep those and make the rest just normal. For example, the six I have made up in the next box are two Arceus sets, two Rayquazas, and some pretty trollish Riolu and Murkrow sets. To be fair, the Riolu one works most effectively when you have entry hazards set, but it's still a really troll set.

tl;dr, I'll scale it back from now on.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #41
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
- test whether Lvl. 1 Sturdy Aron breaks the CC metagame or not.
I don't think so. It kind of requires sandstorms up to work because otherwise it would just die on the second round when it defeated its opponent because Shell Bell won't recover the HP.

Presuming you are not addressing some other potentially OP Lv.1 Sturdy Aron, naturally.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #42
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, we gave it Sandstorm since it couldn't learn Quick Attack like you'd suggested, so ...

EDIT: Like phoopes suggested. My bad. And phoopes? It can't learn Quick Attack.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #43
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
I don't think so. It kind of requires sandstorms up to work because otherwise it would just die on the second round when it defeated its opponent because Shell Bell won't recover the HP.

Presuming you are not addressing some other potentially OP Lv.1 Sturdy Aron, naturally.
Level 1 Sturdy Aron with Shell Bell that knows Endeavor and Quick Attack, bro. Walled by Ghosts, but is guaranteed to take a big chunk out of at least 1 Pokemon, if not K.O. (Unless Spikes or Stealth Rock.)

EDIT:

@Talon

I swore that it could've learned Quick Attack. Must have been thinking of Rattata.

EDIT2: List of things that can counter Level 1 Aron.

Ghost type pokemon
Entry hazards like Stealth Rock and Spikes
Pokemon with Rough Skin or Iron Barbs ability
Pokemon with Sandstorm immunity and Leftovers
Pokemon with Mold Breaker ability
Other weather teams, especially Hail which ruins Sturdy
Attacks that hit multiple times in one turn like Bullet Seed
Dragon Tail and the like
Status like Burn and Sleep
Knock Off or Trick
Leech Seed
Fake Out

Anything I miss there? So no, I don't think it'd be broken.

Last edited by phoopes; 03-23-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #44
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

TALON.

YOU ARE A FUCKING GENIUS.

So this is what you guys were working on. Very cool, and I'll get working on some sets post-haste. And, to answer the question you asked just before I went offline- Yeah, I have Skype. Username is the same as it is here.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #45
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Talon should come on PO so I can ask him for advice on these movesets. ;_;

Finding myself with a large 'LEFTIES ON EVERYTHING' Problem. ;_;
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #46
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I figured we should schedule a beta testing blowout. If everyone shows up, then everyone gets to have fun with everyone. Should be good times. We'll shoot for Saturday, March 31, with a tentative time of 7pm EDT. (For reference, I submitted this post at 3:05pm EDT.) This might be a tad late for our English friends, but for our friends in Australia and North America, this should work out pretty well. If you can't make it but would like to make it, let me know and I'll consider changing the time and/or day, especially if a majority of people can't make one time but can mutually make some other time.

I will try to pry myself away from the Nobunaga game to continue to add some of your guys' suggestions to the creature pool and to update the boxes. When I do, I'll be sure to post about it here.

Anyone with any new suggestions, feel free to give 'em. If I don't get any, I think I will do another type and generational assessment of our current pool to try and figure out who we most badly need and, well, to then go ahead and add them. As usual, we're sorely in need of non-gimmick, non-game breaking NFE movesets. These probably won't interest most of you who are here for the possibility of a Battle Factory-style event, but for tournament drafts and for the true Challenge Cup experience, these NFEs are crucial to making everything work properly. That stated, feel free to recommend fully evolved creatures too.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:31 PM   #47
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I'm gonna be really busy this weekend. Any chance we could push the beta test until Monday?
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, the beta test is an ongoing thing that's already begun. ^^; This was just intended as a semi-formal event, a social get-together if you will, so that people could mark their calendars and sign on. Part of the problem with P-O can be that, much like AIM or Skype or whatever, it's chaotic: you sign on and you never know who you're going to find. I thought that by scheduling something, people like Kind (who I keep missing) and others could get to participate when activity is high rather than signing on only to glumly find that the no one else is on.

Still, there's one vote against this weekend already. Okay. If there are others, then I'll push it back to next weekend. The reason I picked a weekend is because it's the only day(s) of the week that work for all corners of the globe -- one man's 10am is another man's 5pm is another man's 12midnight, but since it's the weekend we're all able to sign on and do stuff. If I schedule it (say) Monday at 8pm, then you lose Europe (1am on a work week?). I can do that, but I'd rather not alienate our friends in the UK. So if not this weekend, then I'll probably just delay the semi-formal until the weekend after.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #49
phoopes
Double Dragon

I can't this Saturday unless it's something late like Midnight EDT. I'm gone from 9 A.M. until 10:30 P.M. Also, Sunday morning and afternoon don't work, but Sunday night would be good for me.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #50
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So, last weekend fell through. Let's try again for this weekend. Same place, same time: 7pm EDT tomorrow, Saturday, April 6. Yes? No?

Here's something to get the more artsy fans possibly interested in making some creature submissions: I was thinking we should probably try and incorporate some themed Pokemon. What I mean by that is, you create a Pokemon whose species, nature, and moves all fit together in a very fitting way. To give an easy example, say you picked Snorlax. You'd make his nature Lax and you'd give him moves likes Rest. But to give another, funnier example, suppose you were to pick Jynx. You might opt to make her nature Naughty. And to give her moves like Lick, Lovely Kiss, and Wring Out. Or to give a third themed example, you might make a Superman parody Pokemon who knows moves like Fly, Frost Breath, Agility, and Strength. These may not end up being the most useful things in the world -- certainly not compared with out hyper-competitive other fare -- but I thought it could be fun for the more creative of you to have fun submitting creations of this kind. We could even put them into their own category and have them fight only fellow themed Pokemon, I dunno. In any event, it was just some crazy thought I had. Don't let it distract you too much from the original goals of this project.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON