Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #601
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Caught my first Sudowoodo this morning.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #602
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Caught enough Kabuto to evolve a second Kabutops. This one has incredible CP, and isn't far from my top 12. Moveset isn't the best- Mud Shot and Ancient Power. But still, I can't believe this event- gave me enough Kabuto to evolve two of them! Still no Aerodactyl just yet, though.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:45 PM   #603
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Saw an Aerodactyl, it immediately ran away after one ball failed =(
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #604
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Actually got to go for a walk today. Still no Aerodactyl. Caught some more Omanyte and Kabuto. Left my Ditto and Kabutops in a few Valor Gyms, managed to collect a decent defender bonus. And finally- finally!- managed to stock up on more Poké Balls. Long overdue for that, I've been running dangerously low. Hoping to get enough Geodude Candy to evolve this high-CP Graveler I got my hands on- it'll be way stronger than my current Golem once it evolves.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:30 PM   #605
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Finally bought a Pokémon GO Plus today. Cool little device. I got, like, 92 Geodude Candy- not much longer before I can evolve my Graveler. Oh- and I caught an Onix this morning. Not my first Onix, but first one in a while. A Steelix is almost certainly not anywhere in the foreseeable future for me, between the lack of Metal Coat and the low quantity of Onix Candy. But I'll get there.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:24 PM   #606
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Give it time. I have 7 metal coats.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #607
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

You say that, but I've yet to see a Sun Stone and I'm on 5 King's Rocks, 4 Metal Coats, 4 Dragon Scales and 3 Upgrades.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #608
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So, seems like the Gym system is in for some major overhauls.

-Gyms now give items like PokéStops.
-Gyms now have six slots for Pokémon, each participating Pokémon must be a different species (so only one Weezing or Victreebel per Gym), and they are fought in the order in which they're put in the Gym, not in order going by their CP. When a Pokémon is beaten, its motivation goes down, which temporarily lowers its CP, making it easier to beat. When its motivation is gone, it leaves the Gym altogether. Players can feed berries to Gym Pokémon to restore their motivation.
-Raid Battles will be a thing. They cause a Gym to lose all of its Pokémon and allow nearby players to challenge a very powerful Pokémon. If beaten in the time limit, players get the chance to catch a very powerful Pokémon.
-New items- Rare Candy, which basically turns into the Candy of whatever Pokémon you use it on; Golden Razz Berries, which are basically better Razz Berries; and Technical Machines. Yeah. We're gonna be able to alter movesets! No more saving up to evolve yet another Magikarp just because I don't like the moveset my Gyarados got!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #609
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Not being able to get any more Ace Trainer gold medal is literally the worst thing. :/

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #610
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

You may be able to get it from feeding your team's pokemon berries, or from having pokemon in the gym. Depends on if they change the medal or introduce a new one.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:43 PM   #611
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OK, had a pretty good day in GO today. First off, caught a Qwilfish as soon as I left the house. That right there made my day. Then, I had the opportunity to get in on my very first raid battle. THe Raid Boss was an Arcanine. I played a decent role in wearing it down, and we beat it within the time limit, but I failed to catch it afterwards. I still got some Golden Razz Berries to show for it, though, as well as a Charged TM, which I used on Weezing, changing its Dark Pulse to... Shadow Ball. Oh, and I also caught a Pineco on the way home- first Pineco ever for me. And I had caught a Forretress a long time ago, too- I had Forretress long before I ever got a Pineco. Oh, and I left my Ditto in the Gym nearest my house.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:17 PM   #612
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Participated in another Raid Battle today. Much easier than the last one- I needed only use my Kabutops against this Quilava. And it was just me, too- I got to the Gym when the raid was half over, so I'm guessing everyone else in the area who wanted in had already gotten in on it. I even managed to catch this one. Weaker than my current Quilava, but hey, I'm saving up the Cyndaquil Candy, I'm gonna need that Typhlosion someday. Even scored a Rare Candy from this one- I'm gonna hold onto it, no idea what I'll use it on just yet. Who knows? Someday I might catch a legendary, and I might need it for that. Or I'll end up using it for an extra Ditto Candy- I haven't been finding any Ditto at all lately, and I've been catching every single Pidgey, Rattata, Magikarp, Sentret, Hoothoot, and Yanma I've seen. Or tried to, anyway- any of the ones that fled could have easily been Ditto.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #613
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

>catches a Sudowoodo with high CP
>moveset is Rock Throw and Stone Edge
>IVs are complete garbage

FFFFFFF-
Old 07-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #614
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I want to know... how the hell does a Gym in an area I know for a fact to be severely lacking in the Abra family hold a Raid featuring an Alakazam as the Raid Boss, and I end up being the one and only person showing up to take on said Alakazam? Friggin' waste of a Raid Pass, you can't solo that thing. Believe me, I tried. I couldn't not try- I still need Alakazam for the Pokédex. Like I said, the area is severely lacking in the Abra line. I have a Kadabra and seventy-something Abra Candy, but that's solely due to hatching Eggs, a small handful of out-of-town Abra encounters, and the occasional stroke of luck with an Incense. How the hell, with these circumstances, is a Raid Boss Alakazam not sufficient to lure in every Pokémon GO player in town? Weather wasn't even bad or anything.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:27 AM   #615
Lady Kuno

What level are you? 'Zam is definitely soloable. The only tier3 not soloable is Jolteon (but supposedly possible at max level with super perfect Pokemon).

Thankfully, even if you lose you can still rematch without needing another pass. Also you get a free pass every day so losing is not the worst thing in the world.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #616
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
What level are you? 'Zam is definitely soloable. The only tier3 not soloable is Jolteon (but supposedly possible at max level with super perfect Pokemon).

Thankfully, even if you lose you can still rematch without needing another pass. Also you get a free pass every day so losing is not the worst thing in the world.
Level 31. Alakazam was too strong. Even when I tried again- I knew it was packing Shadow Ball so I used primarily Normal-types, with all but Tauros and Blissey having CP in the 2000s (and even then they were close to it!). I even tried using Ditto, but even after Transforming, Alakazam was way stronger. I tried using a Sneasel, which would resist both its moves, and it lost faster than anything else I threw at it.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:55 PM   #617
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Level 31. Alakazam was too strong. Even when I tried again- I knew it was packing Shadow Ball so I used primarily Normal-types, with all but Tauros and Blissey having CP in the 2000s (and even then they were close to it!). I even tried using Ditto, but even after Transforming, Alakazam was way stronger. I tried using a Sneasel, which would resist both its moves, and it lost faster than anything else I threw at it.
The challenge with raids is usually not surviving but timing out. Blissey commonly gets picked as an attacker for me but is never worth picking unless youre being carried in a TTar raid by a bunch of people or something. You always want to focus on what is super effective and will do the most amount of damage. This is why Jolteon is one of the few t3s that you cant really solo (not a lot of good ground type attackers to kill it in time).

For Alakazam, I use Gengar and Ttars, even though Gengar generally melts (unless it has Focus Blast).

Old 07-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #618
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Yeah, I did try my Gengar the first time I took on Alakazam. Didn't last long at all. And I don't even have a Tyranitar yet, so that wasn't even an option for me. I'm planning to set my Pupitar as my Buddy Pokémon as soon as Dragonair's found enough Dratini Candy to evolve.

Took on another Raid today. It was only a Magikarp, but hey, still scored two Rare Candies from it, and I caught the Magikarp without trouble. Oh- and hatched a Skarmory today. New Pokédex entry right there.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:10 PM   #619
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Took on another Raid today. This one was an Arcanine. First time I ended up going up against it solo. Now, someone explain something to me- I leave my house, the Gym in question is an Instinct Gym, guarded by a lone Exeggutor. By the time I get there, which is at the end of maybe an eight-minute walk, it's a Valor Gym with five Pokémon put in there, leaving just enough room for me to slide my Kabutops in there. This means that five separate people came to the Gym during the Raid countdown (and therefore knew that a level three raid was about to go down), took back the Gym in the name of Team Valor (my town is Valor territory and don't you forget it!), left Pokémon in the Gym, and didn't stick around for the Raid. I don't even.

So yeah, first attempt at the Raid, I was going it solo. I went at it with my Kingdra, my Starmie, my Golem, my Rhydon, my Blastoise, and my Omastar, and the time limit fucked me over. Second time, however, a couple more Valor members showed up, and together we took down Arcanine. Couldn't catch it, though- ran out of Premier Balls in the attempt. And an embarrassingly large amount of those came from Arcanine dodging them, too. I mean, it could be worse- I already have an Arcanine I'm perfectly content with- but this is the second Raid Boss Arcanine to avoid being caught by me, and I'm starting to take it personally. I'd like to, just once, catch a Raid Boss Arcanine. Even if its IVs are in the toilet. Just to prove I actually can do it.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #620
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, another day, another Raid, another profound disappointment. You would think, with lots of Water-types at my disposal, that a Raid Boss Rhydon wouldn't be so tough to take down. You would think. There were two other players there helping me against Rhydon, and we still lost. We tried multiple times. Nobody else joined. When those two players left, leaving just me to make one final (doomed) attempt, I also left. I mean, it's not a complete loss, I needed to give berries to my Kabutops anyway. At least we of Team Valor still control that Gym.

Oh, yeah- I tried using some Grass-types as well the first time, such as Victreebel and Exeggutor. I also had my Starmie in the mix. Stopped using those the second time- Rhydon was packing Megahorn. Probably still could've gotten away with Victreebel, actually, but nothing was working in any case. You clearly need more than three people for level four Raids.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #621
Lady Kuno

Rhydon is tier4. Even with 4x weakness, you will need 5+ people for sure.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #622
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Today's Yuki's birthday, so let's enjoy this:

BORKED

An Australian Go player journeys 15 hours out of her way to get a Corsola.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #623
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

SAVE IT FROM THE SHARPEDO

The music alone was a treat to listen to. <3
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #624
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I don't know what feels better- finally adding Muk to my Pokédex, or adding it by getting a critical catch on a Raid Boss Muk. Or maybe it's finding out that said Muk has Poison Jab/Gunk Shot and spectacular IVs.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:41 PM   #625
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Went for a walk today. When I left, a level 2 Raid was counting down at the nearby Gym, and by the time I was getting back... it was still about half an hour off. So, I took a bit of a detour to a Pokéstop I've never been to before, and ended up catching my first Wobbuffet. IVs are crap, but at least I got a Wobbuffet now. Then I took on the Raid- the Raid Boss turned out to be a Magmar, which I defeated and subsequently caught with little trouble.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON