UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-28-2015, 10:16 PM   #301
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Get: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS)

Remembering that Kaisa had encouraged playing this game before playing AA5 for maximum enjoyment, being encouraged by the reviews, and with $22 falling into my lap today, I went ahead and justified the purchase of yet another video game. ¬.¬; But this will probably be the last one for a long while.

Yay I own every single Ace Attorney game there is to own in NA once again? ^^;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #302
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Beat: Final Fantasy X
Spoiler: show
I know, I know, I'm like 15 years late on this one. And yes, this is standard def (I played the Japanese version for the language practice).

I finally took the time to finish the game all the way through and I have to say, my initial impressions as a kind were not wrong at all. This game is still fantastic even 15 years later. Sure, the voice acting is still pretty bad (even in the Japanese version there are some cringy moments) but absolutely everything else about it continues to be absolutely solid. When I played it as a kid, I don't think I fully appreciated the complexity and potential of the leveling and battling systems. The Sphere Grid is pretty ground-breaking and I've never seen any kind of leveling system since that quite captures the customizability and balance-mindedness of the Sphere Grid. If you actually play as intended, nothing is ever out of reach, but there's nothing that's absolutely a 100% pushover either. Every boss battle is satisfying and the turn-based system (which was a departure from the last few games they had done just before) is really elegant and multi-layered.

The story is still as deep and compelling as I remember it being, probably even more so now that I'm old enough to properly appreciate some of the true tragedy built into its core. It's sort of a shame that FFX-2 took that and shat all over it (something I've come to realize now that I've finally finished FFX), but as a stand alone title it's extremely rich and complex and makes me want to break open my copy of the HD Remake just so I can experience again and explore the nooks and crannies I skipped in this runthrough.

I'll be playing through X-2 for the fourth? (fifth? sixth?) starting sometime soon... maybe I can appreciate it a little more now that I've actually finished X...
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #303
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Get & Beat: Shovel Knight
Amazing game. Was already pretty hyped for this for a long time but never got a chance to play it till now. I'm currently uploading a 100% walkthrough on my channel, so if you're mildly interested, check it out right here. Will post my thoughts on it once it's complete.
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #304
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Get/beat:

Saints Row IV
I liked 3 enough to decide to get this and 2. This game is more silly and over-the-top than 3. I can't say I liked it any less or more than 3. Vehicles are useless now, which is a bit of a letdown, and notoriety means nothing, since you can just blow everything up. Actually the only point vehicles have is for something to throw at the enemies. On the plus side though....YOU CAN BLOW EVERYTHING UP! The references were pretty funny, and I loved the ending to one of the DLCs(spoilers obviously). Speaking of DLC, the DLC gun 'Merica is the most awesome thing ever. A minigun, rocket launcher, and flamethrower fused into one excessive clusterfuck of a gun. Afterall, isn't that what America is all about?! Some of the missions also got me curious about the earlier games, which leads me to-

Saints Row 2
It was $5 on PSN, so why the hell not? This was nowhere near as goofy as 3 or 4. Though that isn't completely a bad thing. The main character is a fucking badass this game. Some of the shit he/she pulled was brutal. I kind of wish some of that was in the later two games, while still being over-the-top. This game is more difficult than the other two games, so some things that were useless are actually useful here. Like having vehicles with good speed and armor, and allies. Allies are actually helpful, since some things can fuck you over, as opposed to you just jumping in and destroying everything yourself. My biggest gripe is that Johnny Gat looks stupid in this game. Thank God they changed his design.

The Last Story
They should change the name of this to "Cliche: The Game". This game was so unintentionally hilarious. On paper, the story and plot is actually kinda nice, but in practice, it's really sloppy. For gameplay, I liked it. A bit shallow, but fun.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #305
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Get/Beat:

Mass Effect Trilogy
This was $5 on PSN, but I freaking bought it for $25 fight before the sale took place. I was kinda salty. Anyway, babble about the individual games!

1: This was pretty fun. That can be said about all of them, I guess. Though I like this the least of the 3. The weapons don't have the versatility the other two games have, and there's so much copypasta in areas. Also it takes so many skill points to keep a sniper rifle from swaying like crazy. Though one thing I like about this compared to others is how much damage rockets and sniper rifles do to you. Get hit by one, and they down your ass. It gives you reason to prioritize them. For the most part, I consider this an unpolished prototype more than anything. Also the ending is freaking glitched to where it freezes after the final battle every time.

2: Thankfully they changed some of the more problematic things about 1. It's not as laggy/glitchy, and the classes/weapons are improved. Most importantly, there's no copypasting for freaking areas. Biotics are more useable, but also less potent. I loved singularity in 1. Sad it's not as effective, but I still like the change to make it more useable. Also, I'M COMMANDER SHEPARD AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHOP ON THE CITADEL!

3: Not many changes from 2, but I do really like how it directly carries you off from 2 level and skill-wise. The weapon weight system is nice though. Makes biotics even more spammable at the expense of limited weapons. It's all cool though, since that Geth assault rifle is all I needed. I also got to view that famous ending!
I get the rage, but it didn't bother me that much. I understand WHY they did it. You know, giving Shepard the ULTIMATE CHOICE and whatnot. A bit disappointing that it nullifies all of your previous choices, and went against the whole unity thing the game was pushing earlier though. I wish they atleast had some sort of epilogue for the people you were involved with.

I didn't go over the most important part of Mass Effect though. You get to motorboat them blue boobies! What can be better than that?!
Old 06-22-2015, 03:33 PM   #306
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Get: Witcher 2 and Empire: Total War

Steam summer sale gets! I'm reliably informed that I can and should skip the first Witcher, and as a big Total War fan (Shogun 2 is my fave of the three I have, ahead of Medieval and Rome) I couldn't resist Empire for less than Ł4.

Let's add them to my ever growing "to play" list then.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #307
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

List of games purchased in the Steam sale:

Child of Light
Hotline Miami
Grim Fandango: Remastered
To The Moon
Nidhogg
Transistor

And shoutout to based Muyo for gifting me The Bard's Tale <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:14 PM   #308
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Get: Kid Icarus: Uprising

So I've been meaning to get this for a while as I love Pit and Dark Pit in SSB4 and enjoyed Chuggaconroy's Let's Play of the game. I finally got it during Nintendo's E3 eShop sale on Saturday for about $25, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the game. Controls are sorta clunky but I'm learning to cope with it. So much stuff to unlock and do, probably won't 100% it for years though. :p
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:57 AM   #309
Sneaze
Mrow?

List of stuff from Steam sale that I sadly realize I may never actually play through... some things I've played before but repurchased due to having gotten rid of the physical copy at some point.

Bastion
Bioshock trilogy
Child of Light
Dishonored
Fallout series
Five Nights at Freddy's series
Hitman series
LEGO Batman series
LIMBO
Nihilumbra
Portal series
Spooky's House of Jump Scares

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:39 AM   #310
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Didn't get much this Steam Sale:

- RPG Maker 2003
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 (Eventually refunded cause it ran like ass on my comp)
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Prison Architect
- LISA
- Age of Mythology Extended edition
- Hatoful Boyfriend
Old 06-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #311
Selena
Aroma Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
Get: Kid Icarus: Uprising

So I've been meaning to get this for a while as I love Pit and Dark Pit in SSB4 and enjoyed Chuggaconroy's Let's Play of the game. I finally got it during Nintendo's E3 eShop sale on Saturday for about $25, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the game. Controls are sorta clunky but I'm learning to cope with it. So much stuff to unlock and do, probably won't 100% it for years though. :p
Hades' unlock board is pure evil, be warned if you want to 100% it.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #312
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Get: Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven

Was looking through stuff on Nintendo's channel and saw it's trailer for the eshop release. Looked fun enough and I've been meaning to play some sort of RPG so I picked it up on the eshop. It's been fun so far, but haven't gotten into much gameplay yet since there's a pretty long setup period where you don't do much but nod along.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:56 PM   #313
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

New console means new possibilities! I WAS going to wait until I could get a console + a hard drive, but fuck waiting! With Fallout 4, Disgaea 5 (which admittedly I don't care about anymore), and Dark Souls 3 up for preorder, I might as well get started!

Getto daze:

Bloodborne
I have finally gotten my mitts on this beastly beauty. Remember those crutches in Dark Souls known as instant backstabs and shields? GONE! I hope you can figure shit out without them! So far, this is quite a bit tougher than DS. The first boss alone took like 20 tries to beat. I am still figuring stuff out, but I enjoy the hell out of the game so far. While the gameplay is similar, it is still different enough to feel like something besides another Souls game. The weapons all seem very interesting. It just doesn't look like this game has as much replay value as DS does, with the limited weaponry and seeming lack of magic.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Sure, hating on Bioware games is the cool thing to do nowadays, but I figured I'd pick this up as well. I could have also picked this up for my PS3, but I might as well just wait for that animated flora! THE FLOWERS FUCKING MOVE, MAN! Actually a recent replay of Origins showed a pretty heavy lag, so I wanted to pick this up for a new console to reduce strain on my older one.

The Last of Us: Remastered
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! IT'S THE BEST MOTHERFUCKING GAME EVER! I AM SO GOD DAMN EXCITED! MY NIPPLES ARE DO FUCK DAMN HARD! Actually this came with the PS4. It was either this or Batman. Not the best choice ever, but I figured this would be better than a watered down Assassin's Creed, which I gave up on. So I chose the most overly hyped game ever!

Not sure what else I can pick up. Was thinking about Watchdogs, but that looks more like a "walking through a crowd" simulator than anything.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #314
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Finished!
Tales of Xillia 2

This was a good game, possibly my favourite out of the ones that I have played (Abyss, Graces, Xillia and Hearts R). It felt like a genuine extension of the Xillia universe, and the thing that I was most happiest about with the returning cast was that they were still completely in character. The only thing that I really thought marred the game was that Bamco had the weirdest decision to make Ludger, the protag, a silent character like in an old JRPG. Other than that, this was a really good game and I really suggest that people go and buy Xillia 1/2 in the current sale on the PSN in the EU region.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:37 AM   #315
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Completely agree, the whole Ludger as a silent protagonist thing really didn't mesh very well with me, seeing as I've played every Tales game since Symphonia. Silent Protagonists only work when everyone and the world around them is larger than life, like in Chrono Trigger, though I think it's fair to say that Xillia does a fairly good job of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:15 AM   #316
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Get/Start:

Dragon Age Inquisition
My experience with this started out pretty well. Aesthetically, this is alot better than Origins. My character looks like more than just a minor character, and she's also pretty expressive. Armor also doesn't look as stupid. The combat is better as well. You still spam attacks and wait for your skills to recharge, but things go faster. Sadly, I quickly grew bored. The game has several maps, and they're freaking huge. You would think this is a good thing, but with a bunch of sidequests to do, and random encounters along the way, it gets very tiring. Especially since the sidequests are the same thing over and over. Even worst about the sidequests is that there's hardly any reward for them. The only thing they give you is power points to unlock things in the main story (yup! You have to do tons of boring sidequests to progress in the main story!). No money, no rare equipment. I mean, some sidequests probably do, but they are few and far between. Such a letdown. I was actually pretty happy with this my first few hours in.

Watchdogs
Yup! I purchased the walking through a crowd simulator! The whole hacking aspect seems kinda cool. It's GTA where you control technology! The main guy is a climber. He can scale fences and other objects that would make a GTA or Saints Row main character sweat! I wonder how many times I will see the same person profiles. Or same person model with a different profile. Actually I think I saw an old woman and her profile said "newlywed".

I am iffy on the best game ever. I'm not dreading playing it or anything. Actually I kinda look forward to it. I'm just not sure if the download voucher I was given is linked to my profile or PS4. If it's linked to my profile, I will use the download voucher. If it's linked to my PS4, I will wait until changing the hard drive. I would like to think it's linked to my PSN account, though.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #317
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Beat: Kid Icarus: Uprising

I beat this around two-three weeks ago and forgot to post here. Anyway, this game was really good. I'd easily call it one of my favorite 3DS games. The gameplay was mostly great. The controls work great in flying stages but on the ground, pretty mixed. It's really annoying trying to use melee attacks since the reticle sometimes stayed as the ranged one. I played the game without using the stylus and used my thumb since it wasn't straining on my wrist. I'd say the controls aren't too bad once you get adjusted, but still not amazing.

The variety in weapons and Powers are really good. Weapon fusing actually carries a good amount of depth with trying to balance out stars, value, and modifications. I also like how the game rewards you for playing on higher difficulties, and for said difficulty being adjustable.

Story, well surprisingly not that bad but it's nothing to write home about either. Was fun to experience though. The characters were all great in their own ways. Loved the music from start to end too. Overall, I'd say it's worth getting if you can deal with the controls and don't have problems with the type of humor the game has.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 PM   #318
shinyturtwig
Pokemon Trainer

Get: Fire Emblem Awakening

I got the game a week ago and im already on chapter 21 ( I knew the ALL the plot before i got the game ). I love the game and found it has a great plot. I enjoy the little things the game has to offer, and Lucina's development as a character. I dislike some characters and found them unnecessary for plot. The graphics are rather average. I like the options I get for each character and how the react to other characters. One thing I dont like is, the multiplayer mode. I wish that had more tactician work. But over all, I say it is worth the buy.
shinyturtwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:09 AM   #319
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Beat: XCOM: Enemy Within (on Normal Ironman)

Since it was my first time playing through XCOM, I wanted to start it out on a difficulty I figured I could win. I had made mistakes and lost a few soldiers (Midgeorge and Jerichi being the two notables here on UPN), but thankfully none of them were big enough that I lost the entire campaign over it. So, alien invasion thwarted! At least in this universe. I am considering a second playthrough on Classic Ironman which would certainly bump up the difficulty and make it more possible for me to lose an enitre team of soldiers in one mission and/or lose countries that I don't stop from panicking.

But yeah, XCOM is definitely worth getting, and with XCOM 2 being slated for release next year I highly recommend playing through the first game at least once or twice. Also naming your soldiers after friends of yours is a great way to invest yourself in the game (though be prepared to be sad over your soldiers getting killed if you do that :P).

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #320
Heather
Naga's Voice

Get: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

Dear God I have been wanting to play Layton for ages. However, it's a bit awkward just getting into it now (like how they suddenly spring on you the fact that
Luke can talk to animals
). That aside. The character design is somewhat kooky in a good way, like the guy on the docks that you meet after your airship lands with the buck teeth and mutated Igor nose, the guy who got his suit from X/Y's O-Power man, and Moos. However, I think Moos is a pretty strange way of spelling Eustace, because that is all I can see in his face. The puzzles are engaging and fun (as is the general task of seeking out hint coins from ridiculous places like chimneys and gobs of snow hanging off of eaves). Not to mention how the evil group is basically meme!Illuminati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 09-16-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:58 AM   #321
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

So after looking for things to play until Fallout 4 releases, I found a few sales and this is what I came up with!

Get:

Jak Trilogy
This was on sale, so I figured I would try this. I started Jak and Daxter and it annoyed the piss out of me. The controls range from clunky to spastic, and I want to kill Daxter. I might try the other two games. Jak 3 seems full on edge, and who doesn't love fucking EDGE?!

Psychonauts
I thought this was XBox only. Oh well, this was like $1.80, and this shouldn't be the same irritating attempts at being trendy as Jak and Daxter. Haven't played yet, but I shall soon.

Resident Evil 4
I enjoyed it well enough on Gamecube, and the one I played was a friend's, so I should get my own version! I'm sure I'll enjoy my $4 replay.

La Pucelle Tactics
I feel like a dumbass for playing this game right before Disgaea 5 releases. I'm currently trying this. It's pretty fun so far. Apparently this isn't as over-the-top as Disgaea, and the story seems better. Also healing is actually useful.

Twisted Metal
I haven't played one of these since 4. This was free, so why not? This game can be frustrating, but the story mode is pretty damn cool.

Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut
I don't know much about Shantae, but eh, $2.

Super Time Force Ultra
This game has an awesome concept of abusing the fuck out of time travel, but it gets old pretty quickly. It was enjoyable enough for the whopping price of $0 though.

Rogue Legacy
Another game with a very interesting concept, but I just don't care for it. It's so easy to die, and while it makes you stronger and whatnot, it leaves almost no feel for progress with how the dungeon resets every life cycle. I also kind of wish there was more variety in the classes. Not just "knight with same swing type but different stats".

Minecraft
I thought for sure this would get me through that ever-hopeful November 10th, but nope. It was indeed addicting for the first week, but after getting like 50 diamonds, building a nice house ontop of a mountain, and building an enchanter by a zombie spawner, I was just doing the same things over and over again. I'm not done with the game though, so I guess I'll pick it back up after my irritation from my last sessions has worn down.

Beat:

Watchdogs
Remember how you're supposed to be super hacker guy? Well you're NOT! Actually compared to some of the other hackers, you're crap! Your skills are more akin to Niko Bellic. Yup....fuck hacking shit when your main skill is shooting everyone! There are stealth options and whatnot, but when everyone knows your there when you set off a grenade in someone's pocket, it's kind of pointless. Actually how the fuck is it that when you set off a grenade in someone's pocket, everyone knows you're there? Does every intruder go around setting off grenades with a magical hacking phone? Also car controls are fucking awful. You're forced through multiple car chases, but every car except for motorcycles feel like you're driving on ice. The game was okay, but nothing special.

The Last of Us Remastered
Got that new hard drive, so I decided to download and play this! It was actually pretty good. The ending made me uncomfortable, but wasn't cliche, which I guess is a positive in itself. The gameplay is like a more refined Resident Evil. I'm kinda glad I chose this over Batman. There's the multiplayer mode I haven't tried, but fuck playing with other people.

Next month I'll get Disgaea 5 and Tales of Zestiria, but I don't faith in either of those games.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 09-21-2015 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #322
Heather
Naga's Voice

Get: Etrian Oddysey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

ETRIAN ODDYSEY WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!? The premise is so simple, yet it opens itself up into a great story. A princess requests your help in performing a ritual, thus begins the legendary tale of Maxwell Smart and the Guild Control. There's a reason to explore the whole floor every time, and since the cartography is all up to you, you decide how things get marked down and whatnot. Something that isn't a take, chop, or mine point but is still something you'd want to return to for reasons? You decide the mark for that! Find a shortcut through a wall? Your choice, again!

Combat is great, and the Grimoires are so useful, and in almost never ending supply. The FOEs you see on the map may be things to avoid at first, but once you can handle them and have Grimoires? Be prepared to get a lot of Grimoires, and to be able to get them for a lot of FOE skills. Once you gain access to the Fafnir form as Flame Sabre, you'll be set to loose a devastating combo on tougher enemies: Activate Fafnir form, use Flame Wave, an upper form of Dlame Sabre only available in Fafnir Form. Have the princess, Arianna, activate Victory Vow and Attack Order the party. Then have Chloe, the War Magus, activate War Edge Power and use Guard Slash.The first few times I played this combo, Flame Wave dealt on the order of 550 damage in a single action. Now, it ranges around 1050. Suddenly, those Raptors your party keeps getting scared about are a lot less scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 05:12 PM   #323
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Get:

Disgaea 5
I beat this. Story and characters are very meh. I can't say I cared for any of it. Despite that, the gameplay itself is much more bearable. For the first time in a Disgaea game, I managed to get my characters to level 9999. The game does a much better job of leading you along through the levels than the other games do. Innocents are easier to deal with, and chara world is pretty nice. I also like some of the new classes. Sage, 9-tails, and Pirate are fucking boss! They should make a Disgaea story that revolves solely around the generic classes. I like them much better than the main characters alot of times.

Tales of Zestiria
Picked this up. I won't play it for a while, though. I would if I could finish before Fallout releases, but I doubt that. Hopefully this game won't be too crap.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:39 PM   #324
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Beat: Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds

Didn't finish 100%, but at least I got the storyline done yesterday, have 5-ish full hearts missing for the complete set, one step away from having the fully upgraded sword, and have missed 5-6 Maiamais.

I dunno if it was because I played it in two bursts (as in played it for hours on end, abandoned it for months, then got back to it to finish it) or what, but I felt that not only it was a bit short, but also that story-wise there was so much potential to be really awesome but Nintendo fell flat a bit and did something only pretty cool. I also thought the mechanism of buying your equipment instead of getting them in dungeons was strange and at the end useless, as I found it easy to collect enough rupees to get them early, and I ended up reaching the maximum of rupees (9999) like it ain't no thang.

Don't get me wrong though, there was a lot of things that LBW did right. The music is so gorgeous; I forgot how many times I spent rupees just to listen at the bar the acoustic guitar + flute remixes of various Zelda games. (I probably gonna get back on it just to do that XP) Heck, even the sound effects are fun by themselves (special mention to the return of the floor change one and the item-placing ones). The controls are top notch, and thank the gaming god they didn't use the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks touch screen controls that I despise. Nods to the other games are always cool. Putting aside the potential problem, the story is also pretty good, a nice reminiscence of simpler times. Hmmm, maybe that's why I felt it was missing something: they went a bit too simple...

Anyhow, despite the disappointments, it is all in all a solid game, great for Zelda fans.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 PM   #325
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Get/beat(ish):

Fallout 4
What a wonderful way to spend my vacation! Spend a whole week binging on a new Bethesda game! (No real spoilers, but people are sensitive, so....)
I didn't like the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system at first, but it does make it more difficult/impossible (haven't tried) to max everything like you could in New Vegas and 3. It also separates gun types for perks, so you have to invest in more than one perk if you want to use multiple types of guns. I wasn't crazy how you had a massive array of choices if you simply put points into your handguns skill in the previous games. Power armor now is what it always should have been. It requires fuel and maintenance, and it actually makes a large difference in your durability/stats. Though I wish they didn't spoonfeed you a suit of power armor, and it'd be nice if you needed training to wear it. Companions are now more useful, since you can have them pick locks or hack terminals. For this run, I went with a melee character, and I loved him. Running up to all of these people and cutting them all to pieces is so satisfying. Sadly "modifying" melee weapons is simply upgrading them. Armor upgrades are neat, but I wish I could do more with my undershirt. I did not like wearing a vault suit the entire game, because that's the only undershirt I could upgrade without the Railroad's help. Even then I never got to upgrade anything else until, like the end of the game. Speaking of Railraod (Actual Railroad quest line spoilers)
going into the Institute and blowing it up left a really bad taste in my mouth. It just seemed so wrong. I destroyed all of that helpful technology and killed all those innocent people to what, free what we assumed were slaves? It would have been nice if we waited, used my character's leadership position to let synths do whatever they pleased instead of mass destruction. Next run I'll see if the Minutemen are the equivalent of Yes Man. If so, that'll be cool.

Also psycho is awesome. Nothing beats having your character scream "FUCKING KILL!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games