Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

.hack//The Movie

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_movie/

http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/themovie/

YYYEEEEAAAHHHHH!

Long rumored to be the end of the end, the very last story to take place in the .hack universe (how many times have we heard that before?). Unlike the G.U. Trilogy this will be a whole new original movie, so it shouldn't suffer from quick cuts from one plot point to the next. Are you ready for the end of "The World"?
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Whoa, a new .Hack// movie? I know they had one before in the middle of one of the seasons. (and was required to see to understand what happened in the following episodes), but this one is a completely new one? Nice!! Can't wait to see this. But, I don't want The World to end.. I hope Aura is involved.

nice screens shots, it looks like it's a combination of Anime and 3D digital modelling, correct?
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #3
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Whoa, a new .Hack// movie? I know they had one before in the middle of one of the seasons. (and was required to see to understand what happened in the following episodes), but this one is a completely new one? Nice!! Can't wait to see this. But, I don't want The World to end.. I hope Aura is involved.

nice screens shots, it looks like it's a combination of Anime and 3D digital modelling, correct?
That 30 second teaser at the end of the first movie wasn't really needed to get into the Link era. The movie itself isn't canon anyhow. Aura is nice and all but her daughter needs love to. Zefie was so cute ^.^

This movie appears to be completely cgi. Its been done by the games developers who ya know did those nice looking Naruto PS3 games so it don't surprise me they can make something 3D look anime-ish!

Despite sinking $1500+ into it I dun want the series to end either. Maybe if the movie proves super popular it'll reinvigorate the franchise an get more going for it. A game based on the movie based on a game inside a game would create some sort of time paradox though... @_@
Old 08-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I thought "The World" already came to an end. At least, it's gone by roots.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I thought "The World" already came to an end. At least, it's gone by roots.
Roots/G.U. era was "The World R:2".
Link/Quantum era is "The World R:X".

Ya most of the original "The World" servers and data were lost in a fire at CC2 headquarters. They just keep bringing it back in different forms. No matter the revision, its still "The World"! I wonder what version the movie is set in? R:X is the portable version of the game and Sora (femme-Kite #2) looked to be playing on a portable much Tokio's.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Is Sora coming back?

I'd rather see a GU anime than a movie to end the series. GU sounds so interesting with Haseo being the reincarnation of Sora and Skeith, the Phase who killed Sora. It's not fair, roots is freakin' boring compared to the original .hack!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
That 30 second teaser at the end of the first movie wasn't really needed to get into the Link era. The movie itself isn't canon anyhow. Aura is nice and all but her daughter needs love to. Zefie was so cute ^.^

This movie appears to be completely cgi. Its been done by the games developers who ya know did those nice looking Naruto PS3 games so it don't surprise me they can make something 3D look anime-ish!

Despite sinking $1500+ into it I dun want the series to end either. Maybe if the movie proves super popular it'll reinvigorate the franchise an get more going for it. A game based on the movie based on a game inside a game would create some sort of time paradox though... @_@
hmm? I thought I remembered the movie being the final climax, intruducing a new character, and then the anime episodes skipped over that plot point, and went straight to the resolution, and included the new character I'd have never known without the movie introducing her.

Aura had a daughter? I don't remember that. Was she the AI girl in Twilight?

Hmm, that sounds neat. But, no, I don't know them. ^^;

That would be quite the paradox. I'm all for it! Maybe it'll make the universe explode, or implode. Or we'll simply vanish. I want more .Hack//
Old 08-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #8
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Aura is the "daughter" of the guy who created the world and (iirc) of Morgana as well. Regardless, she's the girl in .hack//SIGN that Tsukasa finds sleeping in the bed.
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
unownmew
Banned

I knew that, but;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Aura is nice and all but her daughter needs love to. Zefie was so cute ^.^
Who is Zefie?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Is Sora coming back?

I'd rather see a GU anime than a movie to end the series. GU sounds so interesting with Haseo being the reincarnation of Sora and Skeith, the Phase who killed Sora. It's not fair, roots is freakin' boring compared to the original .hack!
I dunno, Sora kinda had alot of time in the sun. Sign, Zero, .hack//, Roots, G.U. ...his stories kinda comes full circle. He is, like almost everyone else, in Link of course. Ya never got to play the G.U. games? That stinks! But how is Roots boring compared to Sign?! It had way more action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
hmm? I thought I remembered the movie being the final climax, intruducing a new character, and then the anime episodes skipped over that plot point, and went straight to the resolution, and included the new character I'd have never known without the movie introducing her.

Aura had a daughter? I don't remember that. Was she the AI girl in Twilight?

Hmm, that sounds neat. But, no, I don't know them. ^^;

That would be quite the paradox. I'm all for it! Maybe it'll make the universe explode, or implode. Or we'll simply vanish. I want more .Hack//
G.U. Trilogy movie covered the G.U. game series with some twists. It isn't canon and the only thing really important it had tacked on post-credits was name dropping the villanous organization for the "3rd Season" of .hack.

Ya Auras daughter Zefie is from the Legend of the Twilight manga. The anime series based on it isn't really considered canon and only had Aura. Poor Zefie no love ;_;

CC2: http://www.cc2.co.jp/ Also known as CC Corporation within the .hack universe. Self-insertion as... the badguys! Piros / Piros the 3rd is based on their company president to!
Old 12-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #11
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

- First non-teaser trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=52SX7SwkyhA

- The movies full title has also been announced:
".hack//The Movie: On the Other Side of the World"

- A regular & limited edition OST for the movie have been announced along with a cd single for its "outro theme".

- A manga has been announced and going by its title its a (probably) different and non-canon take on the movie. I say this cause many major .hack releases have been "re-imagined" in manga form. Sora is the name of the girl using Kites player character in the movie.
".hack SORA:On the Other Side of the World"

- But that's not all! Once again a new .hack game is being teased. Hopefully its not another cruel "oops I shouldn't have said that" moment!
http://andriasang.com/comzfp/new_dot_hack/

- The above was for reals! New game teaser site GET!
http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_game_project/index.html

- And finally something on the localization front... the 3 episode OVA series .hack//Quantum is coming out February 14th on BR/DVD combo pack. Saves me money but since I woulda bought a seperate BR & DVD release it means my collection only grows by 1 item >.>;

Last edited by Lindz; 12-22-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not a fan of the Pixar look for this project, but there's no denying that that city marketplace looks very impressive. So tell me something: why does the girl look so much like Kite? Why does her friend look identical to Balmung? Why is Balmung confessing to Kite at 0m55s?
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Not a fan of the Pixar look for this project, but there's no denying that that city marketplace looks very impressive. So tell me something: why does the girl look so much like Kite? Why does her friend look identical to Balmung? Why is Balmung confessing to Kite at 0m55s?
Sora looks like Kite because she's using his actual player model (and possibly data, no idea how that works). Quantum has a Kite/Blackrose/Balmung trio as the leads and its more or less explained during character creation players are able to choose designs based on famous characters of "The World"s past. And I guess he's confessing cause he is her love interest maybe? I dunno. I'm not spoiling myself on info until after seeing it for myself!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime