UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 01-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #351
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, cleared out Cycling Road and Silph Co. Well, except for my rival and anything beyond, anyway- saving that for later. Brainstorm the Doduo- excuse me, Dodrio- is coming along very nicely, having caught up to the rest of the team. I have also defeated Koga's minions, and am ready to take on the man himself. No deaths since Stratos, but we came alarmingly close once- an Electrode's Self-Destruct left Marge with a mere 20 HP. That could have been disastrous! Well, anyway, about to battle Koga. Wish me luck!

EDIT: Holy crap, that Muk. I won, got the Soul Badge, taught Toxic to Manchin, the whole nine, but things could have gone a whole lot worse. Dusty was able to handle the first Koffing, but nearly died to Muk's Sludge. I switched Cheddar in, only to be in the same situation with him! Finally I brought in Marge, and from there, three Earthquakes just won me the whole thing. No deaths, thank Mew. So... now it's time for some Surf shenanigans!

EDIT II: Well, so much for catching something in the Power Plant. Brainstorm's Drill Peck critted, KOing the wild Magnemite. En route to Cinnabar, however, Squareknot the Tangela was sent to the PC. And then, once I actually reached Cinnabar, Reaper the Kabuto was sent to the PC. And with that, I think I'll call it a day for this.

Current
Party
Brainstorm the Dodrio (lv. 39)
Maelstrom the Gyarados (lv. 38)
Dusty the Butterfree (lv. 39)
Cheddar the Raticate (lv. 38)
Marge the Nidoqueen (lv. 38)
Manchin the Venusaur (lv. 39)

Boxed
Ozone the Spearow (lv. 8 )
Bloodbank the Zubat (lv. 8 )
Chompy the Bellsprout (lv. 12)
Houdini the Abra (lv. 12)
Scratchy the Meowth (lv. 10)
Steakknife the Sandshrew (lv. 14)
Blinky the Diglett (lv. 21)
Grenade the Voltorb (lv. 16)
Sunny the Vulpix (lv. 17)
Cosmo the Clefairy (lv. 12)
Chuck the Hitmonlee (lv. 30)
Battery the Gastly (lv. 21)
Homer the Snorlax (lv. 30)
Drake the Seadra (lv. 23)
Sheldon the Shellder (lv. 15)
Lisa the Venonat (lv. 24)
Jello the Ditto (lv. 26)
Omelet the Chansey (lv. 26)
Nemo the Goldeen (lv. 15)
Squareknot the Tangela (lv. 30)
Reaper the Kabuto (lv. 30)

Deceased
Stratos the Pidgeotto (Died to a Bird Keeper's Fearow on Route 18- Mirror Move copied Swift and critted)

Missed
Geodude (Rock Tunnel- was wearing it down with Marge's Body Slam, and one of them critted)
Tentacool (Viridian City- underestimated how strong Stratos's Swift attack was)
Psyduck (Cerulean City- accidentally had Dusty use Psychic instead of Sleep Powder)
Magnemite (Power Plant- Brainstorm's Drill Peck critted)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-21-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #352
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So, headed out east of Cinnabar (felt weird to not go up and down the coast!) to take on the Swimmers and whatnot. As I Surfed on Maelstrom, Ruby the Tentacool was sent to the PC. And then, at Seafoam Island, second time proved to be the charm for this particular species as Headache the Psyduck was sent to the PC.

After the Trainers at sea were dealt with, I went back to Cinnabar and headed into Pokémon Mansion, whereupon Hazmat the Muk was sent to the PC. I continued through the place, got the Secret Key and a handful of other items, and had Cheddar Dig me out. And now, I've destroyed Blaine's lackeys and intend to defeat the man himself, earn me my sixth badge. Wish me luck! Although between Marge and Maelstrom, I'm not so sure how big a role luck's gonna play in this.

EDIT: Ridiculously easy Gym battle is ridiculously easy. Marge plowed through Growlithe, Ponyta, and Rapidash. She would've soloed Blaine's entire lineup, only beating Rapidash got her to level up, so I decided to let Maelstrom handle Arcanine instead. As you can imagine, even with the level difference, there was no problem whatsoever. Anyway, this Card Key's taking up valuable bag space, so I'm thinking it's time I make it completely unnecessary- in other words, finish what I started at Silph. Rival battle, that one last Rocket, and of course, Giovanni. Not sure I'll need the Master Ball, but it's still a nice option to have all the same.

EDIT II: Yeah, Maelstrom and Brainstorm destroyed my rival, and as I type this, I recall that Silph Co. actually counts as its own area. Huh. Did not remember that in my Yellow Nuzlocke. So yeah, Loch the Lapras was sent to the PC. Then I let Dusty loose on that last Rocket, and then it was on to Giovanni, who proved just as easy for Dusty to handle as that Rocket had been. Seriously, don't underestimate Butterfree, even in the days before Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder was a thing. Never even took a hit, thanks to Sleep Powder (though I did go for Harden once or twice, just in case). So yeah, Master Ball get. Now it's on to... gulp... Saffron Gym. Friggin' Psychic-types... Back in my Yellow Nuzlocke, I had a very bad track record against them. Was very careful against the ones in Fuchsia Gym, but still, I can't help but worry...

EDIT III: Worries confirmed to be baseless. I leave the Saffron Gym with Marsh Badge in hand, and nothing dead to put to rest. Brainstorm was great in particular, though Dusty and Maelstrom had their moments as well. Now, of course, only one Gym remains. So I flew back to Viridian City on my Dodrio- picture that however you will- and proceeded to take on the Gym Trainers. Actually proved to be decent training, got a lot of levels out of it. Now all that stands between me and my eighth and final badge is to deliver one Boss Rocket. Here we go...

EDIT IV: And with that, that's eight badges under my belt, along with the disbanding of one evil team. The rival battle was actually tougher- Charizard threatened to be fatal to both Marge and Maelstrom, but in the end, some timely switches and Hyper Potions helped to avert certain disaster. I am now en route to Victory Road- and recall that I already caught Drake on Route 23, so yeah, nothing to catch until Victory Road (all you need is the first four badges and a Super Rod, and you can fish up some nice underleveled evolved Water-types. Seadra, Seaking, even Slowbro!). Now, I'll admit at this point that I attempted to keep wild Pokémon away with Max Repel, in the hope that I'd get to make Moltres my first encounter in Victory Road, as I did in my Yellow Nuzlocke. Alas, Slate the Onix was sent to the PC. And then... and then tragedy struck. Against a CoolTrainer, I was switching Cheddar out. I had meant to send in Maelstrom to take on this Dewgong, because it was wearing Cheddar down, but I selected the wrong Pokémon, as I was a bit distracted at the moment. RIP Brainstorm the Dodrio. Maybe if that Aurora Beam didn't crit... Had Cheddar Dig me out of Victory Road so I could retrieve Ozone the Spearow from the PC. Obviously, the trek through Victory Road is gonna pause for a little bit while I train this guy up some.

EDIT V: Alright. Ozone is now caught up with the others and also a Fearow. I also managed to level the others up a little bit as well. I think... I think we may be ready to take on the Elite 4. I just want to grab that Max Elixir from the Power Plant real quick... alright, and now just wanna replenish my supply of Hyper Potions and Full Heals... I tell you, one cool thing about Nuzlockes- you save a fortune on Revives! And Max Revives sell for a nice chunk of change, too! And just withdraw my other PP restoratives from the PC... geez, they really don't give you a lot of those in Generation I, do they? Almost tempted to just clone the Max Elixir via Missingno. Almost. I do my Nuzlockes glitch-free. And... here... we... go!

ELITE 4 EDIT I: Lorelei has been defeated, with no fatalities! Looking good so far...

ELITE 4 EDIT II: Bruno is also down! That's two!

ELITE 4 EDIT III: And Agatha has fallen! Three down!

ELITE 4 EDIT IV: No! No, no, no, no, no!! RIP Maelstrom the Gyarados... Friggin Lance's Gyarados friggin' critted with friggin' Hyper Beam... The best that can be said is that this was the only fatality against Lance. I had been counting on Maelstrom's Ice Beam to plow through the Dragon-types, but instead Manchin and Marge did it for me. Took this opportunity to use my Rare Candies, ready for the Champion. And what is it with me and my Nuzlockes and my Gyarados dying against Lance?! I mean, first Kraken, and now Maelstrom!

CHAMPION EDIT: ...RIP Ozone the Fearow. Man, my track record with Flying-types is crap this time around! Alakazam's Psybeam critted. Oh, and the bloodshed didn't end there! RIP Cheddar the Raticate... Died to Psychic this time. Things went better from then, until... Oh, man... RIP Manchin the Venusaur. Crit Hyper Beam from Gyarados. But then... Marge and Dusty, those heroes, they pulled through and led me to victory. My Butterfree and Nidoqueen were the only survivors of the entire team. But this isn't over. Not yet. My Generation I Nuzlockes aren't over merely when the credits roll, no. No, I have to either beat or catch Mewtwo. And to do that, I'm gonna have to put together a new party, train them up with the help of Dusty and Marge. So I withdrew a selection of Pokémon from the PC, bearing in mind the nature of this final foe. There is the Master Ball to consider, but... suppose Mewtwo's not the first encounter? I was gonna let it slide with my Yellow Nuzlocke for plot reasons because of the fanfic I wrote about said Nuzlocke, but that's not the case with this one. No, there's the possibility I'll have to defeat Mewtwo. So, Reaper the Kabuto, Houdini the Abra, Squareknot the Tangela, and Omelet the Chansey, they have all joined the team. Their training begins... in the morning. I'm calling it a day for now.

Current
Party
Dusty the Butterfree (lv. 48)
Marge the Nidoqueen (lv. 47)
Reaper the Kabuto (lv. 30)
Houdini the Abra (lv. 12)
Squareknot the Tangela (lv. 30)
Omelet the Chansey (lv. 26)

Boxed
Bloodbank the Zubat (lv. 8)
Homer the Snorlax (lv. 30)
Jello the Ditto (lv. 26)
Ruby the Tentacool (lv. 5)
Headache the Psyduck (lv. 30)
Hazmat the Muk (lv. 38)
Loch the Lapras (lv. 15)
Slate the Onix (lv. 45)

Deceased
Stratos the Pidgeotto (Died to a Bird Keeper's Fearow on Route 18- Mirror Move copied Swift and critted)
Brainstorm the Dodrio (Died to a Cooltrainer's Dewgong in Victory Road- accidentally switched it into a crit Aurora Beam)
Maelstrom the Gyarados (Died to Lance's Gyarados at Indigo Plateau- Hyper Beam critted and OHKO'd)
Ozone the Fearow (Died to my rival's Alakazam at Indigo Plateau- Psybeam OHKO'd)
Cheddar the Raticate (Died to my rival's Alakazam at Indigo Plateau- Psychic OHKO'd)
Manchin the Venusaur (Died to my rival's Gyarados at Indigo Plateau- Hyper Beam critted and OHKO'd)

Missed
Geodude (Rock Tunnel- was wearing it down with Marge's Body Slam, and one of them critted)
Psyduck (Cerulean City- accidentally had Dusty use Psychic instead of Sleep Powder)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-22-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:49 PM   #353
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The Mewtwo training is proceeding nicely, though the lack of anything able to learn Fly has slowed things down considerably. I'm starting to think I should've grabbed and revived the Old Amber instead of the Dome Fossil, although I certainly can't complain about the prospect of having a badass Kabutops by my side when I take on Mewtwo.

The newcomers are leveling up nicely. Not caught up to Dusty and Marge yet, but they're getting there. Houdini's evolved into Kadabra, though I'm not sure it was wise of me to delete Teleport, especially when Fly isn't an option anymore. I could go back to Route 18- everything in the grass there invokes dupes clause, so I could still catch something there... But not now. For now, I gotta work on leveling this stuff up.

EDIT: ...RIP Omelet the Chansey. I was training the team up in Pokémon Mansion, and a wild Muk's Sludge scored a crit. In a somewhat desperate act, I withdrew Jello the Ditto from the PC and put it in Daycare. I got the cash to pay for this, so yeah. Then I headed out to Route 18, whereupon Jetpack the Spearow joined the team. He'll be more or less a conveyance, getting me from training spot to training spot.

EDIT II: GAH! RIP Houdini the Kadabra. Maybe I should stop training in Pokémon Mansion. Ponyta. Stomp. Crit. This is a real blow- I was counting on Houdini's high Special and resistance to Psychic, he was gonna be crucial in the fight against Mewtwo. Withdrew Homer the Snorlax from the PC. His Yellow Nuzlocke counterpart saved my ass, perhaps this one will do likewise.

EDIT III: For once in this post, not reporting a fatality. The training's going rather well, actually, on all fronts. In fact, just now, Reaper evolved into Kabutops!

EDIT IV: ...Let's do this thing. The whole team's level 50, Jello included. Except Dusty, who is in fact at level 51. I'm in Cerulean City, Jetpack's in the PC, Jello's out of the daycare and on the team. I've equipped my Pokémon with moves. Status-inflicting moves. Stat-boosting moves. A couple of last resorts. I've got enough Max Repels to theoretically last me from the cave's entrance to Mewtwo, and a Master Ball at the ready if I can miraculously make Mewtwo my first encounter. I think it's almost a given that there'll be at least one fatality in Cerulean Cave tonight, but that's a risk me and my team have to be ready to take. I've been grinding more than I've ever ground before, and if we ain't ready now, if Mewtwo wipes out the whole team, I may just forfeit the Nuzlocke because I'm as ready as I'm ever gonna be. So, here... we... GO!!!!!

EDIT V: First encounter ended up being a Rhydon which I ran from because there's no point in catching it at this point. So much for Master Balling Mewtwo.

EDIT VI: These friggin' Electrode! I'm having to use a Hyper Potion on Marge after each encounter because they spam Self-Destruct and Explosion and they're so fast you can't escape...

EDIT VII: Miraculously, made it to Mewtwo without those Electrode destroying us first. OK... Squareknot, Dusty, Marge, Reaper, Homer, Jello... Let's do this.

Mew!: ...It's over. I sent out Squareknot. Sleep Powder. Spammed Growth and Swords Dance to no end, reapplying Sleep Powder as needed. And then, Body Slam. Body Slam. Body Slam. That's all it took. Mewtwo went down, a fight with six fewer fatalities than I had feared. It's over. I- no, we won. And with that, NUZLOCKE COMPLETE! I had a whole mess of backup plans- if Squareknot went down and didn't paralyze Mewtwo, I'd try paralyzing with Homer's Body Slam. If Homer died and still didn't paralyze, I'd have tried to freeze it with Reaper's Blizzard. If that failed as well, I'd bring out Dusty, use Sleep Powder, switch to Jello, and Transform- a plan B version of what I intended Houdini for, as it were, minus Thunder Wave. If I had managed to paralyze Mewtwo, I'd bring out Marge and give Horn Drill a shot. But none of that even had to happen.

Current
Party
Dusty the Butterfree (lv. 51)
Marge the Nidoqueen (lv. 50)
Reaper the Kabutops (lv. 50)
Homer the Snorlax (lv. 50)
Squareknot the Tangela (lv. 50)
Jello the Ditto (lv. 50)

Boxed
Bloodbank the Zubat (lv. 8)
Ruby the Tentacool (lv. 5)
Headache the Psyduck (lv. 30)
Hazmat the Muk (lv. 38)
Loch the Lapras (lv. 15)
Slate the Onix (lv. 45)
Jetpack the Spearow (lv. 22)

Deceased
Brainstorm the Dodrio (Died to a Cooltrainer's Dewgong in Victory Road- accidentally switched it into a crit Aurora Beam)
Maelstrom the Gyarados (Died to Lance's Gyarados at Indigo Plateau- Hyper Beam critted and OHKO'd)
Ozone the Fearow (Died to my rival's Alakazam at Indigo Plateau- Psybeam OHKO'd)
Cheddar the Raticate (Died to my rival's Alakazam at Indigo Plateau- Psychic OHKO'd)
Manchin the Venusaur (Died to my rival's Gyarados at Indigo Plateau- Hyper Beam critted and OHKO'd)
Omelet the Chansey (Died to a wild Muk in Pokémon Mansion- Sludge critted and OHKO'd)
Houdini the Kadabra (Died to a wild Ponyta in Pokémon Mansion- Stomp critted and OHKO'd)

Missed
Rhydon (Cerulean Cave- ran away because we're long past the point where it'd be useful)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-23-2016 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #354
Heather
Naga's Voice

Starting up a Yellow Nuzlocke. Survived Eevee. I am (maybe) prepared.

EDIT: AFTER RUNNING INTO A LEVEL 5 AND LEVEL 7 PIDGEY ON THE WAY TO GET OAK'S PARCEL I AM CONVINCED THE GAME WANTS TO KILL ME.

EDIT 2: So the first 3 catches are in! The team...

Nikola, Pikachu, Level 7
Subaki, Pidgey, Level 4 (Route 1)
Jeigan, Rattata, Level 3 (Route 2)
Elise, Nidoran-F, Level 6 (caught at level 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 02-27-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #355
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So I'm doing a Red version randomizer Nuzlocke. It's pretty cool. Somehow managed to get myself six badges so far despite so many members of the team dying all the time because Pokémon and movesets are randomized, and with the game being a mixture of Pokémon and moves from all generations, it can get pretty unpredictable. For example, I lost Ray the Mantine to a Seismitoad's Thunder Shock. Who'd have seen that coming, right? Well, anyway, here's what I got thus far:

Active team:
Jaws the Mawile (lv. 45)
Blitzen the Sawsbuck (lv. 46)
Tabasco the Magmortar (lv. 46)
DJ Skweekz the Dedenne (lv. 46)
Bubba the Azumarill (lv. 46)

Reserves:
Norbert the Charmeleon (lv. 24)
Ozone the "Fletchinde" (lv. 25)
Sal the Tropius (lv. 26)
Zeeba the Blitzle (lv. 26)
Marshall the Quagsire (lv. 15)
Tremor the Seismitoad (lv. 33)
Sirius the Mightyena (lv. 26)
Lance the Escavalier (lv. 30)

Deceased:
Remy the Darkrai (lv. 18)
Dusty the Metapod (lv. 14)
Autumn the Swadloon (lv. 27)
Dancer the Kirlia (lv. 19)
Shelly the Togepi (lv. 21)
Slicer the Fraxure (lv. 9)
Stewie the Ledyba (lv. 12)
Jack the Rayquaza (lv. 23)
Squishy the Zygarde (lv. 15)
Nemo the Goldeen (lv. 26)
Needles the Nidorino (lv. 25)
Wally the Mr. Mime (lv. 31)
Ray the Mantine (lv. 20)
Internet the Porygon (lv. 18)
Rhythm the Mienshao (lv. 25)
Asterisk the Starmie (lv. 28)

NOTES:
*Blitzen knows Fly. I love it. Kinda wish he'd get a Grass move, but still!
*Similarly, Tabasco has no Fire moves, but he's packing stuff like Seed Bomb, Bubble Beam, and even Night Slash, so no complaints.
*I did not expect DJ Skweeks to last this long. I caught him just outside of Rock Tunnel, either that or in Rock Tunnel, one of the two. Either way, I was losing Pokémon left and right around this time, but holy crap, this guy is awesome. I was originally just gonna call him "DJ Squeaks", but I decided to be silly. Now I kinda want a Dedenne in FB named DJ Skweeks...
*Bubba is my starter. The choices were Regirock, Swinub, and Marill. No regrets thus far as to my choice. :)
*Yes, Tremor is the same Seismitoad that killed Ray. I was only using Ray for HMs at the time, so it wasn't a huge blow, but still... Oh, yeah, Tremor was what I faced in place of Snorlax on Route 12.
*Considering adding Lance to the team. Not entirely sure just yet. I kinda want to see what Pokémon Mansion has to offer for a first encounter, and moreover, whether Lance can get Bullet Punch from a TM. That would be absolutely perfect.
*Autumn I bought as a Sewaddle from the Magikarp salesman. To this day I have no idea how happiness evolutions work in this, this being Red.
*Yes, I named the Zygarde Squishy. I could not resist.
*Needles was what I got in Celadon Mansion where there would normally be Eevee. He... did not last long.
*The Old Rod fishes up Rayquaza. And they start with Teleport. I had to luck out and find a Master Ball somewhere, then backtrack to Viridian City before I could catch Jack!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:58 PM   #356
Heather
Naga's Voice

So wait you randomized red to have gen 1-6 mon??? Holy wow

Also if you were going to make a Shelly joke with Togepi, the proper way would be to name it de Killer.

Quote:
Old 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #357
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
So wait you randomized red to have gen 1-6 mon??? Holy wow

Also if you were going to make a Shelly joke with Togepi, the proper way would be to name it de Killer.
Well, strictly speaking, I didn't randomize it myself. Believe me, if I was capable of that, first thing on the to-do list would be a modified version of the game with Koffing available as a starter. But yeah, found it somewhere online, it lets you set the options however you want (whether to add type matchups and moves from subsequent generations, which generations of Pokémon to add, whether you want 151 or 251 Pokémon in the game, which games to use music from, stuff like that), and generates a modified rom of Red with those specifications for you to download and play. I'm just glad I made it a rule that for this, losing the first rival battle doesn't kill your starter- my rival's starter, despite having supposed to have been Swinub, ended up being a Kirlia that pretty much thrashed Bubba. Literally, by using Thrash.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #358
Heather
Naga's Voice

well yeah I know that

So was it via a program like UPRandomizer or is it a web application? Because now I'm veeeeeeery interested.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #359
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
So, thanks to Heather, I've been enjoying a new way to nuzlocke. Basically, these are called Wonderdecks. I'll be posting my run through yellow with draws and stuff soon, but my deck is very interesting. Also, if people want to make a UPN deck it would be fun. So yeah, updates shortly!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:32 PM   #360
Heather
Naga's Voice

To explain what Lit is doing, have a rough draft of an intro for a run like this I plan to post on Nuzlocke forums:

So, without further ado, let's get-

NOW WAIT JUST A MOMENT.

Um...what was that?

I SAID, WAIT JUST A MOMENT.

AAH! Wha-who are you!?

I AM THE DUNGEON MASTER. I WILL PRESIDE OVER YOUR LITTLE VENTURE. HOPE YOU'RE IN SHAPE, THAT HOMESICK CARD WILL HAVE YOU WALKING A LOT.

Well, thank goodness I'm not doing all that legwork-

OH, YOU WILL BE.

What!?

THIS IS YOUR VENTURE, MORTAL. NO "CHARACTER" WILL TAKE IT IN YOUR PLACE.

Hey, hang on-

*FLASH, THUMP*

Owwww...what the!? A moving truck!?

LIKE I SAID. YOUR VENTURE.

Oooof...well, at least I'm dressed properly...

HOW FUNNY. YOU WILL BE ARRIVING SOON. GET READY, MORTAL.

Well, u-WOAH!

*CLUNK, THUMP*

OOH, BOX FALLS, YOU PASS OUT. WHAT A GRACEFUL START. I SUPPOSE I'LL MARK THE OCCASION WITH YOUR FIRST CARD. LET'S SEE...OH, THIS WILL BE A PERFECT PRESENT!

Quote:
Lock-In Y [BAD]
You may not change out your party members or make catches that would add to your current party until you defeat the next Gym/the League. Null if the League has been defeated. If you are precluded from a capture on a new route, you can capture there when the effect is resolved. If your party is full on the new route, you must capture as normal, but may not add the new capture to your party until the effect is resolved or unless you are in some way But Thou Musted, in which case, restore the proper party ASAP.
HAVE FUN, BUCKAROO. BETTER PRAY FOR A PRISON BREAK.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #361
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
You on the nuzforums too? Not sure if I've seen you round there.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #362
Heather
Naga's Voice

I have yet to change from Somerandomdude on there (which may or may not be why the deck thing I'm writing has me as the Trainer directly shhhhh)

Quote:
Old 09-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #363
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Started a Nuzlocke in X. Here's the general idea of the rules.

1: The usual stuff- only first encounter, must nickname, fainting equals death- standard Nuzlocke fare. Includes duplicates clause.

2: Encountering a Shiny signals a time-out of normal Nuzlocke rules- I am allowed to catch it regardless of whether it's my first encounter, and if it is my first encounter, I am allowed to not count it as my first encounter and just trade it to another game. Anything that faints against the Shiny is still dead, however. This also applies to legendaries.

3: The mandatory Pidgey and Snorlax encounters on Routes 2 and 7 respectively, I am allowed to not count those as their respective routes' first encounters if I so choose, since they're forced to be the first thing you find on those routes. It's basically at my discretion.

4: The Nuzlocke is considered complete upon the capture or defeat of Mewtwo, Zygarde, and the legendary bird.

5: Exp. Share will be... off.

Alright, so, picked Chespin, named him Walnut. Progressed through the game, got me to Route 2. Elected to not count the mandatory Pidgey as my first encounter, and so my first encounter wound up being a Scatterbug. Considering that my Vivillon all become the lovely Polar Pattern... I thought December would be a nice name for her. So yeah, currently training up Walnut and December a little before I proceed into Santalune Forest.

EDIT: Made it to Viridian- er, Santalune Forest, whereupon Harpoon the Weedle joined the team. Got some more training to do.

EDIT II: Made it through Santalune Forest, no fatalities. Harpoon evolved into Kakuna along the way as well. Then it was on to Route 3, at which point Shovel the Bunnelby joined the team. Ninja'd past the Trainers to heal up at Santalune City, and skipped on over to Route 22, where we welcomed Aaron the Riolu onto the team. Took a fair few Poké Balls, too. Now, just got to battle, battle, battle!

EDIT III: Took out all the Trainers except for the ones in the Gym. Last one got Harpoon to level 10, evolving him into Beedrill. Now to take on the Gym!

EDIT IV: OK... Time for the Gym Leader. Wish me luck!

EDIT V: Not a problem! I started with Shovel, but as soon as I realized he wasn't gonna do quite so well against Surskit, I switched to Walnut, selected Rollout, and, well, I won.

EDIT VI: Onward to Route 4! Got the Exp. Share and turned it off. Unfortunately, the Yellow Flower Flabébé which was my first encounter got knocked out by Shovel's Tackle. Working my way towards Lumiose.

EDIT VII: ...I would just like to note the cruel, cruel irony that only after taking out the last of three Protect-spamming Burmy did Aaron hit level 11 and learn Feint.

EDIT VIII: Arrived in Lumiose City! December evolved into Vivillon along the way. Taught Return to Shovel and Aaron, and also managed to scrounge together the cash for the Bulldoze TM, taught that to those two as well, and also to Walnut. About to hit up Sycamore's lab.

EDIT IX: Sycamore went down without trouble. Harpoon held his own rather well against Bulbasaur, Shovel's Bulldoze made quick work of Charmander, and Walnut's Vine Whip made even quicker work of Squirtle. Following this, Fuego the Charmander joined the team. And with that done, I think I'll call it a night.

Current
Party
Walnut the Chespin (lv. 15)
December the Polar Pattern Vivillon (lv. 12)
Harpoon the Beedrill (lv. 11)
Shovel the Bunnelby (lv. 12)
Aaron the Riolu (lv. 12)
Fuego the Charmander (lv. 10)

Boxed

Deceased

Missed
Yellow Flower Flabébé (Shovel's Tackle KO'd it)

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-10-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #364
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, time to get going on this again! Today, I endured all manner of unavoidable cutscenes (Diantha and Lysandre; Mr. Bonding; Korrina and Lucario), and finally made it to the tall grass of Route 5, whereupon Gourmay the Gulpin joined the team. Or rather, went to the PC. I may switch her onto the team in place of Harpoon, but I kinda want to give that Beedrill a chance- Arceus knows it's the easily-underestimated early-game Bug-types that usually go on to be unexpected Nuzlocke stars. I know he'd be far from my first exceptional Beedrill in a Nuzlocke... Anyway, headed out to Camphrier Town now.

EDIT: After Walnut took out a Kadabra I was quite nervous about, he evolved into a Quilladin. Used up all the Honey Trevor gave me to train against hordes, too.

EDIT II: Arrived in Camphrier Town! Aaron finally learned Force Palm, too.

EDIT III: Onward to Route 6. The... the dreaded battle approaches. I gotta make sure I'm ready. I think you all know the battle I'm talking about.

EDIT IV: I think there may yet be hope for that battle- Steak Knife the Honedge joined the team! Swapped her for Harpoon, at least for the time being.

EDIT V: GAAAAAAAAH! That Tourist with the Volbeat! So irritating! Had up so many Double Teams that Steak Knife was my only hope against it because of No Guard, so guess which of my Pokémon it took as its cue to spam Confuse Ray! Thankfully, not only did I win with no fatalities, but Fuego learned Dragon Rage and evolved into Charmeleon!

EDIT VI: ...OK. I've done all the training I think I can reasonably do... it's time to see just how badly these Furfrou will devastate my team. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it...

EDIT VII: ...I can't believe it. I made it past the dreaded Furfrou duo with no fatalities! December hit them both with Stun Spore while Steak Knife set up a couple of Swords Dances. Then I switched December out for Walnut and used Bite to try for some paraflinch on one Furfrou while Steak Knife went to town with Fury Cutter. I needed to use one or two Super Potions, but other than that, things went very smoothly. And to top it all off, December even learned Psybeam in the process!

EDIT VIII: OK, did the Parfum Palace thing, Aaron made short work of Snorlax, and once I had access to the entirety of Route 7, Aroma the Illumise was sent to the PC. Gonna just work my way across Route 7 now.

EDIT IX: ...Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great sorrow to announce the first fatality of this Nuzlocke. RIP Shovel the Bunnelby. Her life was tragically cut short by Tierno's Corphish's Vice Grip during the tag battle on Route 7. Meanwhile, in Connecting Cave, Tate the Meditite joined the team. Or rather, went to the PC- Gourmay the Gulpin was taken out to fill the void left by Shovel's untimely demise.

EDIT X: ...Well, that didn't last long. RIP Gourmay the Gulpin. I taught her Venoshock and Infestation, too... I had such high hopes for her. Alas, I misjudged several things. First, I believed a Venoshock would finish off the Pancham we were fighting. Then, I believed she could survive a Tackle attack with her remaining HP. I was wrong on both counts. Now, even at the risk of a little type overlap, I've decided to welcome Aroma the Illumise onto the team.

EDIT XI: Well, made it to Route 8. Cleared out some Trainers in the Battle Chateau, got Aroma caught up to the rest of the team. Had to backtrack to Lumiose and buy a TM for Struggle Bug, but it was worth it, I think. Also, Bacon the Spoink joined the team.

EDIT XII: Arrived in Ambrette Town. Scored a TM for Rock Smash, taught the move to Steak Knife. It slices! It dices! It smashes rocks! And speaking of which, it got me a nice encounter for Ambrette Town, down by the beach, and we now got another reserve in Rocky the Binacle. Might consider switching him onto the team, I actually really like Binacle and Barbaracle.

EDIT XIII: Headed to Glittering Cave. Along the way, Sandy the Sandile joined the team.

EDIT XIV: And now, in Glittering Cave, Molly the Kangaskhan joined the team. Gonna take on Team Flare now.

EDIT XV: Made it through, no problem, and now headed for Cyllage City. Oh, and Aaron evolved into Lucario!

EDIT XVI: Made it to Cyllage City, whereupon I swapped out Steak Knife for Rocky. Steak Knife may rejoin the team in the future, but at the moment, I'd like to work with Rocky.

EDIT XVII: ...Good lord. RIP December the Polar Pattern Vivillon. First encounter on Route 10? A freaking Sigilyph. Tried to paralyze her with December's Stun Spore. She never got off the move- Sigilyph went for the kill with Air Cutter. The best that can be said for this is that December was the only fatality in this battle. Also... Glyph the Sigilyph has joined the team. But... at what cost?

Current
Party
Walnut the Quilladin (lv. 20)
Aaron the Lucario (lv. 20)
Fuego the Charmeleon (lv. 19)
Aroma the Illumise (lv. 19)
Rocky the Binacle (lv. 18)
Glyph the Sigilyph (lv. 21)

Boxed
Harpoon the Beedrill (lv. 15)
Tate the Meditite (lv. 14)
Bacon the Spoink (lv. 13)
Sandy the Sandile (lv. 17)
Molly the Kangaskhan (lv. 17)
Steak Knife the Honedge (lv. 20)

Deceased
Shovel the Bunnelby (Killed by Tierno's Corphish's Vice Grip during the tag battle on Route 7)
Gourmay the Gulpin (Killed by a Youngster's Pancham's Tackle on Route 5)
December the Polar Pattern Vivillon (Killed by a wild Sigilyph's Air Cutter on Route 10)

Missed

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-10-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #365
Heather
Naga's Voice

>Illumise
I remember bringing one to the E4 in an AS Wonderlocke. Good old Tuxedo mask was a good help against Sidney.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #366
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I am not underestimating what Aroma could do for the team by any means. Plus, the addition of Glyph gives me hope- yeah, she threatened to destroy the team, but by some miracle of Arceus I managed to get that destructive power on my side.

Taking a little break from the Nuzlocke at the moment, but later tonight, I'll be attempting to level everyone up so they're all equal or greater than Glyph's level. Almost lost Rocky, by the way- tried to use him against some Psychic's Solosis, forgot that its Hidden Power type would be Fighting. That Binacle hung on with 1 HP. Couldn't switch to Aroma fast enough for my liking after that, but yeah, nothing died against that thing.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #367
Heather
Naga's Voice

I never said you were underestimating, I was just recounting my own experience with Illumise. It's one of my favorite Bugs, up there with Beedrill and Wormadam-Steel.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2016, 09:36 AM   #368
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Ah, OK. But yeah, I've come to like Illumise as well, ever since I started using one as my primary Sweet Scent user in Y (and later Omega Ruby). Back before Bank was out, I had gotten an Illumise named Sweet off of Wonder Trade. I was in need of something for Sweet Scent, so I figured I'd use that Illumise until Bank was out and I could bring in my stuff from previous games. Well, thing is, I turn on the Exp. Share, so Illumise always got a share of the Exp. Points from every horde I'd defeat for the purposes of EV training, and also from the Battle Chateau Trainers I'd take on after EV training was complete, since I almost never changed up my team afterwards. One time, one of the trainers knocked out the Pokémon I was trying to level up, and then I realized Sweet was about the right level to take them on, so I gave it a shot, and Sweet won. Since then, I started using Sweet to battle the hordes as well, whereas I'd previously take them on with Heliolisk's Surf. So yeah, Sweet is now level 100, I use her for summoning and taking on hordes, even after transferring everything else in from Black 2, and I've had a stronger appreciation for Illumise as a species ever since.

>Beedrill

Another one of my favorites. No surprise there, I think, but for Nuzlockes especially. I don't know if I ever mentioned in this thread that I once did a FireRed Nuzlocke- my Squirtle and Zubat were massacred by that Super Nerd's Magnemite near the beginning of Mt. Moon, so I had to use Lisa, my Beedrill, to get through there. And she did. A Modest Beedrill with Poison Sting and Fury Attack as her only damaging moves single-stingeredly got me through Mt. Moon. Moreover, she soloed my rival and got me up Nugget Bridge, though by that point she did have Twineedle to work with. I only wish she'd lasted even longer than she did, but alas, her life- and the Nuzlocke as a whole- came to an end in Diglett's Cave, in an eerily similar fashion to how I lost December- first encounter was one of Diglett Cave's famous overleveled Dugtrio. Nothing I had stood a chance.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #369
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, back in action! Trying to train up Rocky against hordes on Route 10.

EDIT: Alright, now I'm trying to level everything up to catch up with Glyph. Once that's done, it's off to Cyllage Gym!

EDIT II: OK- now for the Cyllage Gym!

EDIT III: Only Grant remains now. Wish me luck!

EDIT IV: And the Cliff Badge is mine! Aaron swept this guy with no problem!

EDIT V: Took the liberty of taking on more Trainers in the Battle Chateau. Proceeding onward to Geosenge.

EDIT VI: Made it to Geosenge with no problems. Just gonna take on Korrina now, and head on out to Route 11.

EDIT VII: ...RIP Glyph the Sigilyph. Switched her in to take the Power-Up Punches, but a pair of +4 Feints were just too much for her to take... At least it didn't get even worse, though. Fuego, Aroma, and Walnut really helped get the rest of the team through this.

EDIT VIII: And the team welcomes Bert the Sawk... or it would, except we got a Fighting-type on the team already, and another one on the way in my starter, so yeah, he's going to the PC. Dude nearly killed Fuego and Aroma, too! I'm talking, he left Aroma with 1 HP! Waaaaay too close for comfort. Just gonna catch something in Reflection Cave... after I heal up and buy more Great Balls.

EDIT IX: OH NO! NO! NO! RIP Fuego the Charmeleon... The hell was I thinking, using him to weaken a Roggenrola anyway?! Stupid, stupid, STUPID! >_< Oh, and the team welcomes Pebbles the Roggenrola, blah blah already got a Rock-type, blah blah PC, blah blah kinda devastated right now, blah blah Steak Knife and Sandy, blah blah taking a break.

Current
Party
Walnut the Quilladin (lv. 24)
Aaron the Lucario (lv. 23)
Aroma the Illumise (lv. 23)
Rocky the Binacle (lv. 23)
Steak Knife the Honedge (lv. 20)
Sandy the Sandile (lv. 17)

Boxed
Harpoon the Beedrill (lv. 15)
Tate the Meditite (lv. 14)
Bacon the Spoink (lv. 13)
Molly the Kangaskhan (lv. 17)
Bert the Sawk (lv. 22)
Pebbles the Roggenrola (lv. 22)

Deceased
Shovel the Bunnelby (Killed by Tierno's Corphish's Vice Grip during the tag battle on Route 7)
Gourmay the Gulpin (Killed by a Youngster's Pancham's Tackle on Route 5)
December the Polar Pattern Vivillon (Killed by a wild Sigilyph's Air Cutter on Route 10)
Glyph the Sigilyph (Killed by Korrina's Lucario's Feint in Geosenge Town)
Fuego the Charmeleon (Killed by a wild Roggenrola's Rock Blast in Reflection Cave and/or my own stupidity)

Missed

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-11-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #370
Heather
Naga's Voice

Reminds me of this one Y nuzlocke I did where I decided to grind my Charmeleon towards the Charizard stage in Reflection Cave. Except I was at rehearsal, and didn't notice the Wobbuffet I was fighting use Destiny Bond. Went ahead and killed it...RIP.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2016, 11:37 PM   #371
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

...Oh, geez. Wild Wobbuffet. I didn't even think of that. Thank Arceus I bought some Super Repels.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #372
Heather
Naga's Voice

Doesnt help that the one thing you can do is carry shed shell to be able to switch to someone with a status move...but the only way you can do that is use thief on Route 5 Scraggy and pray

Quote:
Old 09-11-2016, 11:44 PM   #373
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Doesnt help that the one thing you can do is carry shed shell to be able to switch to someone with a status move...but the only way you can do that is use thief on Route 5 Scraggy and pray
Well, I did just teach Sandy Thief, and Aroma's got Sweet Scent to call up those hordes... I think that'll be my first order of business when I resume this in the morning- backtracking to Route 5, trying to nab a nice little insurance policy for Reflection Cave.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:38 AM   #374
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Why not just lead with Honedge and run from the Wobbuffets? Shadow Tag doesn't trap Ghosts.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:26 AM   #375
Heather
Naga's Voice

Oh yeah, Steak Knife's still alive.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON