UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #2451
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I'm not sure Divine Wind and Mecha Phantom Beast really work together...don't see that they really would.

I'll give you a couple of duels.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #2452
Talon87
時の彼方へ

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!? O_O; I just faced my Mirror Self for my other major deck, the NurseBurn deck. Or at least, so I thought when the first game began.

Spoiler: show

However, once the games got underway, it soon became apparent that he was running a variant of mine. While he did have Simochi, I never once saw a Reficule. And while he did have many of the same traps and spells as me, the only creature we shared in common was Marshmallon. He had some Swift Scarecrows and some other cards not found in my NurseBurn deck, so the feeling of this being my mirror opponent wasn't quite as strong as last game. Still though. He had Gift Cards. That's good enough for me to prove he was at least running NurseBurn in spirit if not in practice.

Talon87: Good luck!
littlejim92: gl

Talon87: Dragon eff

Talon87: Bear's bottom eff
littlejim92: what did u do
Talon87: "Once per turn: You can send 1 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card you control to the Graveyard, then target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target."
littlejim92: ok

littlejim92: eff

Talon87: Targeting center Dragon.
Talon87: Gorilla's bottom eff

littlejim92 admitted defeat

Siding for next duel has begun (1-0-0)

Talon87 placed a counter on "Shard of Greed" in ST-1 (now 1)

littlejim92: -1400

Talon87 has lost 1400 life points
Talon87 has lost 500 life points

Talon87: Bear's bottom eff

Talon87 placed a counter on "Shard of Greed" in ST-1 (now 2)

Talon87: 2nd normal via Tensu

littlejim92: -1000
Talon87 has lost 1000 life points

littlejim92: hello
littlejim92: ?
littlejim92: can u please hurry
littlejim92: and stop taking so long
(I play an EEV here. Also, I'd honestly taken all of 90 seconds here to consider my options before pressing on to use EEV.)
Talon87: Traps. :p

(we move on to his turn, the first turn of EEV for him, and he draws)
Talon87: Show hand please.
(he places a card facedown on his S/T row after I ask this)
littlejim92: how
Talon87: Return that card to hand first.
Talon87: Then, on the bottom right near your name
littlejim92: y shud i show
Talon87: Because of EEV and the rules, dude.
littlejim92: oh
Talon87: So first, return that to your hand, please.
Talon87: And second, near your name on the bottom
Talon87: you should see two piles of cards.
littlejim92: no i shud only show u the 2 in my hand now becuz u activated it before i got th face down card
Talon87: Uhhhh no. lol xfd
Talon87: I ask to check during your Draw Phase.
Talon87: I get to see it whenever I want.
littlejim92: ok i don't care
Talon87: You can't hide cards from me.
littlejim92: i'm still gonna win
Talon87: Like hell you are! hahahahaha
(he finally shows me his hand. Two traps and one spell.)
Talon87: So you have to throw away the two traps.
Talon87: Because this is the first turn of EEV.
littlejim92: ok i'm gonna win

(he plays Upstart Goblin)
Talon87 has gained 1000 life points
littlejim92: yes
Talon87: Hand.
(he refuses to reveal but it's moot in a second -- he plays Soul Taker)
Talon87 has gained 1000 life points

(he draws during DP)
Talon87: Hand.
littlejim92: yesssssssssssss
Talon87: Reveal.
littlejim92: no this is the 3rd turn
Talon87: This is your SECOND turn of EEV.
Talon87: You've got this turn and the next one after that.
littlejim92 has called an admin
Talon87: Please do!
Talon87: I was about to myself. hahahaha
Talon87: "until the end of their 3rd turn after this card's activation"
Talon87: "THEIR turn"
Talon87: Not overall turns.
Talon87: Last turn was your first turn after I'd activated it.
Talon87: This is your second.
littlejim92: u not ok wa
littlejim92 has canceled the admin call

littlejim92 has lost 1600 life points
Talon87: Bear's top eff

Talon87: EEV, third turn.
Talon87: Reveal hand.
littlejim92: its amonster
Talon87: I'll be the judge of that.
littlejim92: its a monster
Talon87: Then you have nothing to hide!
littlejim92: ur so stupid
(He finally reveals his hand. It's a Swift Scarecrow.)

littlejim92 has lost 1600 life points
Talon87: +200 from the two spells.
Talon87: 1800 total.
littlejim92 has lost 200 life points
Talon87: Bear's top eff

littlejim92 has left the duel
Talon87: Good riddance to bad cheaters.

I'd say "dumb little kid" but if his number by his name has anything to do with his birth year then he's already 20 years old turning 21. A bit old to be cheating at Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Had he not ragequit...fled...whatever, I would have won this very turn anyway. He had just set down a lone S/T. My set spell on the far right was a Gyokkou. I'd have activated it, targeted his set S/T, safely summoned Gorilla, and safely swung for 2000, 2000, and 2200, easily netting me the win.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #2453
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

It's a shame DN doesn't support double duels.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #2454
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Proof that DN's rankings are total hogwash and make no sense.

my profile page
my previous opponent's profile page

As you can see, I have 27 wins and 0 losses while he has 18 wins and 12 losses. He has three more total games played than me, sure, but he's sitting at a 60% wins record while I'm sitting, only three games behind him, at a 100% wins record. Even if you gave me three losses right now, I'd still be at 90% wins. And yet? My ranking is lower than his.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #2455
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I seem to recall blaze saying that losing affords you more Experience, so that could be a factor. Though I don't know how much Experience factors into overall ranking.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #2456
Talon87
時の彼方へ

His experience is only a measly 6 more than mine. That really shouldn't be enough to explain why someone whose record is 60% wins is rated higher than someone with only three fewer battles and 100% wins.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #2457
Emi

That's a question I honestly can't answer.

Just went against UM's Madolche deck. I seriously hate that archetype. It is easily the most aggravating archetype I've gone up against. I might build a deck though that included Naturia support. Sure to cause ragequits.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #2458
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Just went against UM's Madolche deck. I seriously hate that archetype. It is easily the most aggravating archetype I've gone up against. I might build a deck though that included Naturia support. Sure to cause ragequits.

But you died a happy death in Yasuko's boobs arms. Hard to complain with an archetype like that.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #2459
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Madolche don't have any chests. That's one of the reasons RosenYubel loves 'em.

I dislike it too, but mostly because I don't like Leviair the Sea Dragon, and when Fallen Icarus used it against me it was the most aggravating summon ever. Leviair is basically a Monster Reborn for the Different Dimension, and it's a really badly designed card.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #2460
Emi

Tis a shame I already got a girl Talon. :P

Note: I find it hard to find good Yu-Gi-Oh fanart at times.

EDIT: I always find Leviair not to have enough power. Tis the reason I got rid of it in Dark World(though it did form a nice loop with Gates, Grapha, and Smog.)
Old 09-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #2461
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Risked another Match battle. My opponent was a goddamn YCS Toronto Dragunity+DR deck. -_-; Click to read how that went.

28-0, baby!

My opponent had had 17 wins and 4 losses. This was his fifth loss.

We played one arduous game that lasted about twenty minutes, at the end of which I emerged the victor 5500 to 0. We went on to side, but only a few seconds into that he typed gg. I thought it was a late gg for the last game so I replied back "gg", and then before I knew it he had quit and I was hearing the victory jingle for a second time in a row. No complaints from me! Because I was dying to take a break at that point, so much so that I honestly considered, towards the end of Game 1, whether I should offer him a draw should I win the first game. (I dismissed the idea and said "Just hang in there! " but man did I want to take a break!)

That deck really, really hinges on a few crucial pivots.
  1. Getting Stardust out and hoping that the opponent doesn't have reliable ways to return it to the Extra Deck or negate its effects from the Graveyard.
  2. Getting a Dragon Ravine onto the field and keeping it there.
He honestly got off to a fantastic start, one which made my stomach sink: Dragon Ravine and Stardust on his very first turn. (No, Doppel, he didn't get the Assault form out. But still. I'd say this was pretty disappointing for Team Talon to see him lead this strong right out the gate.) Making matters worse, he had an MST in hand and nailed my set Debunk. Ouch.

However, I managed to turn things around bit by bit. For reasons that are still beyond me (and pretty much cost him the match), he refused to attack my set creatures on his first and second turns. This allowed me to set down a Boar on Turn 1 and a Dragon on Turn 3 (my first and second turns, respectively) and then, on Turn 5, flip them face up and summon a Cardinal. Thanks to a Tensu and a Tenki on the field, I was able to use Cardinal's XYZ effect to return Stardust and Dragon Ravine to his deck; he never drew a second. I then returned Tenki and one of the materials to my deck, and used the Tensu that was out to summon Bear. Had Bear pop his Red Demon Archfiend thingamajig and began my counterassault. While he did clear my field a number of times -- of course! It's Dragon Rulers, what do you expect? -- I was able to squeeze out a Crimson Blader, who both dealt damage and bought me time, and later on I was able to squeeze out a second. This proved pivotal for me, and I think my opponent's decision to forfeit the entire match during siding was primarily because of his recognition that I had a relatively easy way to get Crimson Blader into play and the guy, once out, is a real menace to DR decks as he more or less mandates that either they block with a chump blocker but then don't get to summon big things next turn or else they skip a turn of creature summons in order to dodge Crimson Blader's effect but take a hefty 2800 damage in the process.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #2462
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That sounded like a brutal duel. I did not see the twist in the spoiler box coming.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #2463
Talon87
時の彼方へ

For pure amusement's sake, I decided to see if any of these names existed on DN. Sure enough they all do:

UPN:
  • Fopple (tried lots of permutations, but this was one of the only ones that existed)
  • Blaze (3800 wins and 3000 losses too! )
  • Kindra
  • Kindara
  • KRATOS (banned)
  • KratosAurion
  • kuno
  • morg
  • jaxel
Anime:
  • toradora
  • Taiga
  • aisaka
  • IKARI SHINJI
  • EMIYA
  • emiyashirou
  • madarame
  • genshiken
  • Kasukabe
  • Naruto (figures he would have 0 battles )
  • sasuke (AND SASUKE HAS 0 TOO! )
  • Kakashi (AND SO DOES KAKASHI! )
  • Jiraiya (aww, the spell is broken ^^; )
  • Haruhi
  • Mr.Tadakichi ( )
  • GonFreecs
  • guiltycrown (lol WHYYYYYYYYY )
  • Psycho-Pass
  • Kougami
  • anohana
  • Anaru
  • menma
  • gintama
  • HYOUKA
  • oreki
  • chitanda
  • lovehina
  • Narusegawa
Other:
  • zuko
  • aang
  • CaptainKirk
  • spock
  • oppenheimer
  • julio (he has negative 5 experience O_o)
  • CarlSagan
  • shenmue
  • RyoHazuki
  • landi
  • dictionary ("Last seen: never" O_o)
  • Weeaboo
  • Cupcake
Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #2464
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
>Talon didn't look for my name

Am dissapoint.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #2465
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Your name is your DN name, so there's not much point. I looked for variations that struck me as remotely possible. "Dallen Icarus", "Fallen Micarus", etc. would just be a waste of my time. Not to mention I was only reporting positive returns anyway. I searched for a few things more than what was listed above.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #2466
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Do you run The Gates of Dark World in your deck? Then boy have I got the newest DN avatar for you!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #2467
Emi

Oh God Talon why?

Just finished a couple of duels with UM again. This time it was my Pure Mermail deck against his Maldoche.

He didn't do tooooo well in the first match. He didn't realize that Catastor doesn't work on face-downs(and I explained to him why) so he ended up hitting my Moulinglace and doing nothing. I then stole his Catastor with Big Eye. :/P

The second duel was GRUELING. It was like the last round between me and Tdos in the tournament. His mistake? Sending out Tiaramisu on an Abyssgaios with one XYZ material left while Puddingcess was out. I negated both of his monsters after the detached material brought Puddingcess down to 2300(as it had +800 from Lesson) and negated them both with Gaios. And the with the help of Bahamut Shark, Abyssleed, Abyssgaios and an Abyss-Scale of the Kraken, I won the match. But it was literally anyone's game the round before. I was near convinced that I would lose.

EDIT: In case one is wondering what in the world I mean by Pure Mermail, its a deck that is nearly completely Mermail cards. This variant doesn't have the Atlantean cards that other variants do. I traded those in for Abysspike, Abyssmander, and Abyssleed. Also, Moulinglace the Elemental Lord is in there, but I only put in one copy of him. Oh, and I need to add Salvage. Forgot that. >_>

Last edited by Emi; 09-18-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #2468
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Up for Duels now if anyone is available. On as ElegantWineExpert, for those who have not yet added me.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 09-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #2469
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Waaaaaaaaait, Catastor doesn't work on facedowns?

Explain immediately, this is of great aid to my newest deckplan.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #2470
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Waaaaaaaaait, Catastor doesn't work on facedowns?

Explain immediately, this is of great aid to my newest deckplan.
Quote:
TCG Rulings
The effect of “Ally of Justice Catastor” activates at the very start of the Damage Step before face-down monsters are flipped face-up.[1]

If “Ally of Justice Catastor” or the opponent’s monster is face-down at the start of the Damage Step, the effect of “Ally of Justice Catastor” will not apply.[1]
From the Wikia.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #2471
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

So the battle step starts as soon as the attack is ordered, before the opposing monster is flipped... Got it.

What happens if it's a flip effect which removes either or both monsters from the field? Does the battle step end as soon as either monster is successfully removed from the matchup? And what about if it's a flip effect which summons another monster to the field- would that mean that the monster would summon a monster during the battle step? I guess it would just work like a standard chain with the monster being summoned, then if that triggered any effects those would be executed and blablabla the attack finally goes through if both combatants are still on the field and nothing that would end the damage step was played, finally ending the damage step?
Quote:
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #2472
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I definitely want most of the banlist cards unbanned now. Simply because, newer cards are being made to dodge monsters like Stardust Dragon, but all the old power cards are easy prey for my defenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post

What happens if it's a flip effect which removes either or both monsters from the field? Does the battle step end as soon as either monster is successfully removed from the matchup? And what about if it's a flip effect which summons another monster to the field- would that mean that the monster would summon a monster during the battle step? I guess it would just work like a standard chain with the monster being summoned, then if that triggered any effects those would be executed and blablabla the attack finally goes through if both combatants are still on the field and nothing that would end the damage step was played, finally ending the damage step?
There's a distinction between "flipped face up", "flip effect" and "flip summon". You have to manually flip summon a monster. A flip effect activates whenever the monster is flipped face up. "flipped face up" was introduced to bypass cards that prevent flip effects.

When a monster is removed from the field face down, it is never flipped face up on the field. Therefore, it never gets its effect regardless of where it goes, either grave or banish zone.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #2473
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That is one impressive enemy graveyard, Doppel. O_O
Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #2474
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Yeah, I want heavy storm back but for different reasons then Dopple >_>;

Played Talon today. Saw that Blackwings was tremendously boosted by the 3x whirlwind. Now we can make power plays that would not have been possible without it.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #2475
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
Yeah, I want heavy storm back but for different reasons then Dopple >_>;

Played Talon today. Saw that Blackwings was tremendously boosted by the 3x whirlwind. Now we can make power plays that would not have been possible without it.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Across five games the number of Black Whirlwinds you ever had out on the field at the same time was one ... and was usually zero. What you're saying is true, but I don't see why you bring it up in connection with the games we played.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment