UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #151
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
That's a very interesting play approach. I've never heard of anyone doing that before. I can't say I like it personally but I see no problem with it. Different strokes for different folks. It's certainly one way to "shop around," as it were, with each of the remaining girls and then be able to decide whose path you think you're most excited to dock onto next. (Though how could you not be most excited to dock onto Hanako's!? *grumble grumble* [/best pony arguments] )
I've done it before. It's a good way to defuse tension, so if you're in a really emotional spot in a VN one can back-track to safer territory. Going back in the same route doesn't do any good if you know where the route is already headed.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #152
deoxys
Fog Badge

Maybe I should clarify it a bit... what I heard was (possible spoiler?)

Spoiler: show
Misha is the true star on Shizune's path, and her story unfolds dramatically (but I don't know how, although I can see her problem being that she isn't her own person, instead feeling like she's losing her identity and basically becoming Shizune...just my guess, based on some of the hints during the festival)

Also I did it because I didn't really want to have to replay the same first week over and over and over again in each story, so I skipped through all the dialogue (shame on me!) that wasn't new each time (Although Shizune's had the biggest difference for the first week out of anyone else). Now I'm at a part in each story where I can go through and play individually and the stories will be actually completely different from this point on (or so I suspect).

Last edited by deoxys; 05-04-2012 at 03:29 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #153
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Maybe I should clarify it a bit... what I heard was (possible spoiler?)

Misha is the true star on Shizune's path, and her story unfolds dramatically (but I don't know how, although I can see her problem being that she isn't her own person, instead feeling like she's losing her identity and basically becoming Shizune...just my guess, based on some of the hints during the festival)
Sure, I can respond to that. Yours to click or not click:

From what I've played (Acts 1, 2, 3, and part of 4), I would say that that's as true as it is untrue. I know that sounds like a terribly ambiguous answer ^^;, so let me put it to you explicitly:

Whose path is it? It's Shizune's, certainly. 80%+ of the time is all about her and no one else.
Who shows up most often? Shizune does. (See above.)
Whose drama is more memorable, Shizune's or Misha's? Oh Misha's, absolutely.
Which girl is better, Shizune or Misha? [insert differences of opinion here]

To put it simply, and this is a bit of a spoiler but whatever it's nothing too majorly explicit and you seem to be more lax about spoilers than I am anyway: there is no dedicated Misha path in this game and so the Shizune path is more accurately the Shizune+Misha shared path. For many players, Misha is the more interesting character. For all players, Misha is the pivot of the drama that takes place towards the end of Act 3. For most players, that drama probably outranks anything seen exclusively with Shizune either before or after. So that's what you're friend is probably trying to say to you.

Note what I said in my reply to you -- "I've never heard someone use that word to describe Shizune's path overall. (Maybe a specific scene at the very end of Act 3, sure, but the path overall ...!?)" -- and consider what I've just told you right now. See how the two line up? ^^; So yeah. If your friend told you "the path is riveting," I think you may be in for a rude surprise. I hope to be wrong! Don't let me ruin the path for you! ^^; Go, go, go! Enjoy it! Enjoy it to the max! ^^; But ... I'm just saying ... the path's track record is not very favorable either here on UPN or abroad. Yes, the stuff with Misha in Act 3 is big but ... well, I can't say more until you get there. Suffice to say, it will be interesting to learn if the friend who told you this happens to [stuff stuff stuff stuff]. That would certainly belie a bias that led him to favor this path over some of the others. ^^;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #154
deoxys
Fog Badge

I think I am really curious to see how that unfolds then, so that may be my next path, I'll start playing again tonight... also, it wasn't my friend, just something I saw a few people discussing spoiler-free online :P
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #155
deoxys
Fog Badge

Shizune Path is SO FUCKING BORING.

I'm sorry. This is just so uneventfully stupid. I'm at the end now, Misha was definitely depressing, although I haven't completely finished, so maybe something shocking happens, I dunno, but all I can say is:

No matter how good/bad the end may wind up being, the trip there was painfully terrible.

Oh, and Shizune is the worst person ever.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #156
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You're probably past where I am then. And yeah: now you see why I had to raise my eyebrows at "riveting!" ^_^; It's not a bad path per se -- I personally like it more than the Rin path even if objectively I feel it's the weakest of the four I've played -- but yeah, it doesn't really have the potential to grab you the way the other paths do. Would encourage you, if you haven't already, to go back and read all of our Shizune Path-related posts. I know that in one of mine I list off all the problems I had with the path. You should compare notes, see how we stack up.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:51 AM   #157
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'll go through and check a bit later, but I finished Shizune's path last night, both endings... just... terrible. I stand by what I said earlier, Shizune is just the worst type of person and I have no sympathy for her as heartless as that sounds. Terrible path, terrible story. Complete waste of time. Misha and Jigoro were barely a saving grace.

Rin's path and story far outclasses it. At least Rin actually had a serious problem and had a ton of development come out of it.

I'm going to do Lilly's path next, then Emi and last, Hanako.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #158
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just discovered weee's art blog today courtesy of a video of Nicol's that made me go a-googlin'. Was pleasantly surprised to discover that she apparently is a huge fan of Pokémon as evidenced by all of her Pokémon fanart sketches. Since she's also a beginning artist who only just started drawing a couple of years ago, since she seems to be a nice person by all accounts, and since she seems to love Pokémon, I figured it'd be appropriate for those of you who loved KS, who love to draw, and of course who love Pokémon to maybe consider:
  1. at least bookmarking her blog, and possibly even
  2. trying to become friends
You'd already have at least two things in common (three if you're a girl ) and who knows: you could learn a thing or two from each other.
Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Oh: and you can find the picture here or more precisely here and here.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #159
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Delta
Just got around to playing this, and I must say I am extremely impressed. I had a feeling it would be good, but I didn't think it would be this good. I don't feel like writing a huge long summary of the 'game' as a whole, so I will just give my impressions of the different story paths:

Hanako: This was the first path I played, and I got onto it semi-unintentionally. I was actually going for Rin, but I felt bad that Hanako was alone all the time, and my choices eventually pushed the weighting in her direction. Her story was excellently written, emotionally moving, and had an extremely satisfying good ending. I haven't seen the bad ending, nor do I intend to. In fact, I haven't seen any of the bad endings, thank goodness. The part where she has a panic attack absolutely broke my heart. I just wanted to reach into the screen and give her a gentle hug and say "there there". I live with a person who suffers from panic attacks and let me tell you, it can easily be as bad, and often, much, much worse than it looks in the story. Definitely my second favorite out of all the girls. The story itself is not particularly difficult to get onto or to finish. The most major choice, the one where you are on the phone with Lilly, was pretty obvious to me. I considered going with my gut for all of one planck time before coming to my senses and determining that following Lilly's considerably wise advice was the proper choice. It would be the proper choice in real life, too.

Also, Hanako is cute. During the scene where she finally shows Hisao the full extent of her scars, I thought to myself, "Wow, she is beautiful". And she was. I do not possess a fetish for disabled people, or scarred people, and especially not people with extreme social phobias. I'm not sure if I can find the right words to describe why I felt that she was. She just... was. The sex scene that followed was kind of awkward, but honestly, I think that was intentional. It didn't happen under the best emotional circumstances. At least her little smile at the end shows that she wasn't entirely unsatisfied with it.

--------

Rin: Let me say this: Rin. Is. Awesome. Full stop. Easily my favorite girl by far. Here are a very few examples of why:

The first is her attempt at guessing what your disability is. Her brazen declaration was pretty hilarious. Hisao is no fun though. If that had been me, I would have instantly and seamlessly assumed my best dead-serious-forlorn face and said something like "Yeah... you're right. Ever since that accident with the meat grinder, I just haven't been able to get it up... ;_;". What would follow would be a battle to see who asks "Wait, are you being serious?" first.

And now, for some quotes that exemplify her awesomeness:

"I think she is right. The butterfly is her accomplice. It scouted out our conversation and told her. There are people who can talk to horses, called horse whisperers. Lilly must be a butterfly whisperer.

Hahahahahahaha. I actually laughed out loud when I read that. And the way she says it with that sly look on her face look just tops it all off. It's almost like she knows she just cracked a bad one and everyone around her is going to face palm, but it's OK because she's satisfied with it and probably wouldn't even notice anyone else's disapproval, or would care at all even if she did.

"Have I told you how much I like the rain? It's like painting, it makes me feel connected. Everything looks so soft, like the outlines of things just disappear. I like this.

Hey, that's why I like the rain...

"Sky is the only thing that is perfect. I know it. You could say I'm an expert of sky if you wanted. And I am even if you didn't want to. A sky expert. It's always different, but it's always perfect also when it's different."

*SWOON* THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON WHY I LOVE SKY PHOTOGRAPHY SO MUCH. BY ALL THE GODS IN ALL THE PANTHEONS OF THE WORLD, WHY CAN'T THIS GIRL BE REAL???

Of course it isn't all fun and games. Rin's storyline is long, difficult, extremely stressful and even downright depressing at times. Rin is an incredibly complex character, often difficult to understand and certainly difficult to relate to for some people. The plot itself reflects this. There are a ton of multiple choice sections, some of them having 3-4 choices, and almost all of the possible answers are very ambiguous and provide little or no clues as to what they might affect.

I managed to get the good ending though, and boy it was worth it. I was so relieved, and felt the ending scene was so beautiful, I actually cried a little. And not even manly tears either, but free-flowing ones. And I am not ashamed.

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?

... ;_; ... ^_^

--------

Shizune: Unlike a lot of people, I didn't find her story particularly boring. Uneventful perhaps, but that isn't necessarily a flaw. I tend to think of her story as the "introductory story". It's easy to hook onto, easy to read with not too many emotional ups or downs, and only has one major decision that you'd have to be a complete idiot and/or masochist to choose wrongly.

As for Shizune herself. Hmm. At first I thought she was kind of a bitch. Her meanness to Lilly is totally uncalled for. I understand that family issues can be a source of antagonism sometimes, but doing something like making an extremely loud finger snap in a blind person's face is cruel and totally uncalled for. Taking advantage of someone's disability like that is just about as low as it gets. How would Shizune like it if, say, someone snuck up behind her and flicked her ear or slapped her on the back?

I am glad I played her story because it really shows you her more mellow and caring side. She can be mean, but she isn't a terrible person. We all have our flaws. Yes, she can be bitchy, but I don't feel that she is truly being malicious. Also, I think her competitive nature is totally cute. If I had been Hisao, I would have said "Fuck Risk, let's play Scrabble!" I dominate at Scrabble. Dominate. Shizune would not stand a chance.

--------

Emi: Wheeeew. Can you say "issues"? I mean, all of the girls have a few issues. But even the ones who are apparently the most messed up are in fact better off. Take Hanako for example. Crippling shyness. Social phobias. Panic attacks. But deep down there is a confident adult woman who more than anything just wants to take control of her own life and set things back on track. All she needed was a little helping hand, and with some trepidation, she was on her way. Slowly of course, but definitely on her way. Emi on the other hand had no issues trying to ignore her problems, and would even actively attempt to run away from them. Sometimes literally! And whenever anyone tried to help her, they were met with an impenetrable AT-field-like barrier of obfuscation, anger, and resentment. In the end, Hisao had to practically yell some sense into her.

That, and I am not particularly into happy-bubbly-type girls. Not counting the above flaws, she's otherwise nice, cute, and relatively inoffensive. But just not my type at all. Except for the sex. A girl who likes to get a little rowdy during sex and isn't afraid to try new and unfamiliar things is totally hot.

--------

Lilly. Lilly is awesome! Out of all of the girls, I think she is probably the most stable and has the fewest issues. She is also (in my opinion) easily the most gentle and loving. Almost every scene with her is pervaded with a sense of caring tenderness. Even the sex scenes are extremely tender and warm. I think that kind of behavior is simply a natural part of her personality, and it really shows in the story's writing. It gets extremely emotionally bumpy toward the end, and for a while I was certain that I had accidentally achieved the bad ending. Until I heard the music box. A small glimmer of hope. A small one. And then there she was. A little more hope? Maybe... wait! She's going to stay? Really? Not-so-manly tears time. The ending image of them walking back to the school is absolutely beautiful. I think Hisao and Lilly go well together. Her calming influence will probably drastically increase his lifespan.

Also, one thing I REALLY like about Lilly's storyline is how heavily Hanako features in it, and how you help her out of her rut while simultaneously getting together with Lilly. By the end, Hanako is already well on her way to becoming a much more confident and functional adult. It's almost like you're getting two happy endings for the price of one!

Something I thought was funny is that Hisao says Lilly is the tallest girl he's ever seen, and that she is even a few centimeters taller than he is. Lilly is only 5 feet, 7 inches tall. I find it somewhat amusing that that is what passes for tall in Japan, heh. My own mother is almost 5'10'', and I've seen a whole bunch of girls that are even taller than that in this town alone.

All in all, I enjoyed it very, very much. I am going to play Hanako and Rin's storylines to make sure I didn't miss anything, and then shelve it for a while. But I will definitely come back to it some time. Probably many times. Kind of like Chrono Trigger. I've beaten it literally dozens of times, but it's so good I can't help but replay it every 2 years or so. I feel the same way about Katawa Shojou. Phenomenal job, Four-Leaf!

Last edited by Lunar Delta; 06-14-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Lunar Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #160
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wow! What a welcome surprise!

Your Hanako paragraph reads ridiculously similarly to some of the things I wrote. I guess that's just a testimony to the solidness of the writing for that path, how the experience that players had with that path is ~universally shared owing to solid imagery and narrative.

Seems like UPN's starting to display something of a heavy bias for Rin.

Didn't read your Lilly paragraph since I've yet to play that path.

If you see anything else you'd like to comment on, by all means feel free to. Active threads go back approx. two pages but even stuff beyond that is fair game for a bump-reply.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #161
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

You should definitely start Lilly's path soon; it's awesome.

Also if you have some time, could you PM me or use AIM, or whatever? There is actually a part of Hanako's storyline that hit me really deeply, because it was eerily and uncannily similar to something that happened to me just days before I started the game, but I am not sure if I am comfortable posting about it publicly.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #162
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek View Post
There is actually a part of Hanako's storyline that hit me really deeply, because it was eerily and uncannily similar to something that happened to me just days before I started the game, but I am not sure if I am comfortable posting about it publicly.
This is part of the reason why I haven't posted about certain aspects of the game, though at this point I think they're things best not shared with anyone. Tried it with Hanako's, the result of not being to express my feelings articulately was frustrating.

In the end, let's just say that I refuse to talk about Rin's path. Period.

The rest were okay. I think overall I did enjoy Hanako's path the most. Rin's frustrated me, but in an entirely different way. Whether that's good or not I don't want to dwell on.

*hi-fives for liking Rin's character best though* A Rinner is you!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #163
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Just discovered weee's art blog today courtesy of a video of Nicol's that made me go a-googlin'. Was pleasantly surprised to discover that she apparently is a huge fan of Pokémon as evidenced by all of her Pokémon fanart sketches. Since she's also a beginning artist who only just started drawing a couple of years ago, since she seems to be a nice person by all accounts, and since she seems to love Pokémon, I figured it'd be appropriate for those of you who loved KS, who love to draw, and of course who love Pokémon to maybe consider:
  1. at least bookmarking her blog, and possibly even
  2. trying to become friends
You'd already have at least two things in common (three if you're a girl ) and who knows: you could learn a thing or two from each other.
Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Oh: and you can find the picture here or more precisely here and here.
So. The other day I caught my sister on weee's blog. Having never told her about them, I asked them "Wait, who's blog is that?"
My mind was blown way too far when she told me "1-Kilometer". My jaw actually dropped.

...After I explained to her who exactly 'weee' was, she forced me into giving her Katawa Shoujo immediately (Touhou too, but that's not important right now).
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #164
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Finally got back into this over the weekend, doing Lily's Path, Rin's Path, and watching my sister do Hanako's path.

First, I'd like to address the mild Shizune hate: imop, Shizune herself is a good character, her path is just... poorly written. There are many different angles they open up, and the fact that they pretty much pass them all over...
Not to mention that jerk-face is in the running for 'flatest character ever'. A little more background on the family would of been nice- okay, a lot more background. Especially for Shizune, for whom the background of her family is more important than the fact that they exist, unlike another character. Actually, as a whole, the problem with Shizune's path can, imop, be summed up in a single word: "Why?". There isn't enough explaination of why things happen.

Rin thoughts in the break
Okay, I'm honestly a little impressed with myself. I got through her path without a single bad end. I have to say the path was pretty well sculpted, essentially a 'final boss' path typically taken after you've done at least one other. In any case, the choices made me think like no other path befor, actually making me open up the Text History solely to try and figure out an answer for the question. Speaking of the questions, the answers were really cool- at first look, they look like the same thing, but careful consideration of the syntax of the terms shows the often important difference. But even the difference may not help if you didn't figure out what I did at the second choice- this path is all about moving forwards. You have to continuously adapt. I know what I'm trying to come across with here, but it's not working that well, because I'm tired as hell. ;_;
The story itself? It was kinda sad. I had no idea how they could make a good end out of it, but they did. It was nice, actually. That scene on the dandelion hill... Anyway, Rin also gets props for being the only character to use one of those full-screen text boxes to speak, and to use pretty much the whole thing. Also, she wins longest run-on sentence because of that, so.

And now, for Lily.
This was a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful path. Long, yes, but in a good way. Hanako's path, from what I saw, was wonderfully written, but a little short. Or maybe it only seemed short because I wanted it to be longer. Lily's, on the other hand, delivered a promise of excelence, and it fufilled it, continuing on EVEN AFTER THE CREDITS ROLLED. The choices were easy, a underlying theme of 'togetherness' making answering them rather, well, easy. For a romantic like me, this is the best route, heartwrenching, heartwarming, and overall a beautiful story. I have no complaints.

So, all that's left now is to do Hanako's path for myself and... Kenji's path. I'm hoping my sister will work up the courage to come in here and talk about her thoughts on Hanako'a route and Shizune's route so far, but I'm not banking on it.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #165
Maple Pichu
Pokemon Trainer

Shizune's route was a disappointment. Both Shizune and Misha are great characters, but I think the route itself was flat-out disappointing. Although Hisao learning sign language was really cute, and I found the interactions through sign nice. The fishing trip was probably the best part, at least for me. Although being raped soon after wasn't fun.

Hanako's, on the other hand.... Holy shit. Just holy shit. That thing is... Holy shit. It was very well done, and as the first one I did, it spoiled me rotten. You could see the interactions slowly building up to the outcome. It was well done, and wasn't dragged out (unlike Shizune's). Shizune's also only had one choice past part one, and that... Grrr. Not fun, not fun. Also, Misha needing you to "comfort her" when she liked Shizune seemed... I dunno. It annoyed me. Especially as I actually liked Misha better than Shizune.

Kenji's next, and then Lilly, I think. I don't really like Emi, although I will have to go down her route at some point. Rin may come before Lilly (because Lilly's is so loooong), but I dunno. Rin has a lot of choices, I believe, so that will be funner for me. I like choices. They're fun.

EDIT: Actually, I've known about Weee forever now. I found her on DA due to her Pokemon fanart and she's been like, my greatest idol since. (Well, one that isn't officially a mangaka.) One day, when I was looking at her blog, Kin was all "1-km is Weee?!" and I was all "Um...?" Then he told me about her being a part of Katawa Shoujo. And I played it. Like that. *Snaps fingers to prove her point* Unfortunately, I'm not friends with her, although I've been hoping to try for a while. >///<

EDIT 2: Okay. Day of despair. *Snorts* I fell. And died. Splat.
Kin convinced me to play down Emi's next, so here I am. She just got in her wheelchair. I like Emi now, more than before, I think. She is actually pretty cute, and I'm pleased to have begun going down the route, although I wasn't able to finish it because grah I need to study for exams and get enough sleep for exams, etc, etc, etc. Anyways, after Emi is finally Rin (Oh ma gaaaaaaaawd, I love Rin so much) and then Lilly to finish things up. Woah. It seems like I'm burning through this pretty quickly. Curious.

Ferriswheel|Checkmate|Chess|Dualrival|Conflict|Iss hu|Soulsilver|Heartsoul|Hoenn|Newrival|Rebel|Manga quest|Specialjewel|Chosen|Preciousmetal|Contest| Poke|Penguin|Ikari|Heartfulsoul|Special|Commoner| Haughty|Twinleaf|Fortune|Jet|Airplane(Influenced by the Almighty Kuno)|

If anyone else feels that way, let's be friends! ^_^

Kin is my brother.

I'm making a fanart thread... Please check it out!

Last edited by Maple Pichu; 06-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Maple Pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #166
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Should probably get off of my lazy butt and finish the Shizune route and then start up the Lily route. No promises, but Namek's daily lurkings of the site have finally pushed me to pick it back up sooner rather than what might've ended up being one year later.

Namek: \o/
Old 07-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #167
Lunar Delta
Cascade Badge

Old 07-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #168
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Should probably get off of my lazy butt and finish the Shizune route and then start up the Lily route. No promises, but Namek's daily lurkings of the site have finally pushed me to pick it back up sooner rather than what might've ended up being one year later.
It's been ten days and I haven't so much as lifted a finger.

I hear ya, Misha. I'm sorry. Will try to get on this soon. Just got distracted by other things.

I decided to do a Pixiv search for Katawa Shoujo stuff yesterday. Came up with less than 200 hits. And most of them were really crappy 8-year-old-kid DeviantArt crap too. Hopefully once the game comes out in Japanese this'll change. The game certainly deserves better. And I am really looking forward to some of my favorite artists, to any of my favorite artists, drawing up fanart of Hanako or any of the other girls.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #169
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
I downloaded this a month ago, though it's now deleted due to a virus. I don't really remember the contents of each path, but I completed all of them besides Emi.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #170
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
I downloaded this a month ago, though it's now deleted due to a virus. I don't really remember the contents of each path, but I completed all of them besides Emi.
... you mean you forget the nitty gritty details? Or you mean you don't remember any of what happened on any of the paths?
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #171
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
... you mean you forget the nitty gritty details? Or you mean you don't remember any of what happened on any of the paths?
I remember some of them, mostly Rin's path due to it being the last one I did. Though I've mostly forgotten Lilly's and Shizune's.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:30 PM   #172
TheDeitySlayer
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
I remember some of them, mostly Rin's path due to it being the last one I did. Though I've mostly forgotten Lilly's and Shizune's.
Rin's path obviusly messed up your head so badly that you forgot everything else. (I haven't completed it yet so I wouldn't know.)
Currently on the restaurant part on Lilly's path, having completed Emi and Shizune, planning on completing Hanako next. (And Rin some day if I'm bored enough.)
TheDeitySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #173
deoxys
Fog Badge

BORKED

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Old 09-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #174
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It's been over a month since my last broken promise. ;_; Will I pick Katawa Shoujo up tonight? Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnyes. Here we go. Going to close everything else and load 'er on up.

Namek: \o/

First things first, I'll need to figure out which of my two saves was the "Misha Choice A" experiment and which one was the "Misha Choice B" experiment since I saved both ways because I was trying to find out why my one picture from the end of that path wasn't showing up in my photo album. I'm not going to obsess over that right now since I'd rather focus on actually finishing the path. But I want to make sure I go with the choice I originally made. I may just load up before you even make the choice and re-make Choice A again.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #175
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Got in a couple hours last night. Took my time with the text -- partly because I find the path dull and poorly written ^^; , partly because I was trying to get back into the swing of things -- so I saved on the third-to-last event of Shizune's path meaning I've just that and two other events before I finish off her story. It looks like I've missed three events directly above that but I'm guessing they tie into bad or neutral endings. I don't think I'm on the bad end path given what my choice was with you-know-what nor do I think the bad path'd be the one they saved for the last three slots here. ^_^; But we'll see! We'll see.

Shizune path spoilers (near the end of Act 4):

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH! >_< Why don't you show up for me!?

Putting aside my inability to get the picture above to show up in my Gallery despite clearly seeing it in the game, I decided to push through with this path so I can make my way towards Lilly's, a path many have accredited with being the very best story Katawa Shoujo has to offer. I was surprised to discover last night that I actually made a bit more progress past this point than I'd originally remembered. I thought I had saved in the library with Yuuko but it looks like I ended up saving on the rooftop with Shizune, Hisao looking up at the sky contemplatively. But because I couldn't trust whether that file was a Comfort Misha file or a Reject Misha file, I decided to play it safe and go back to the big choice of this path and, once again like I did so many moons ago, reject Misha's advances. Pressed forward from there.

Ice cream soup buddies! ^-^

Hisao tries to figure out how he can get Shizune and Misha back on track in their relationship. He can't easily come up with an answer. Well, duh: this isn't exactly an easy problem to solve. When one person loves another and wants to take that love to the next level but the other person doesn't reciprocate their love in the same way, someone is bound to get hurt. Like Hisao says Shizune says, it'd be easier if Misha hated Shizune at this point since then the answer'd present itself rather handsomely. But no: Misha still loves Shizune and Shizune still wants to be friends with Misha but not lovers. I don't know that they found an answer in the end that satisfied both Hisao and Misha. And I don't know that even if they did it would have been an answer which would have satisfied me. I don't want to jump aboard the Let's Hate Shizune's Path bandwagon but I have to agree that of the four paths I've played Shizune's path displays the worst writing.

The subplot with Kenji comes to a close (?) with Shizune and Kenji finally meeting face-to-face. The scene didn't provide much closure though. After a lot of retorts at half his usual energy Kenji retreats to his bedroom without much of a fight; likewise, Shizune never even really gets started. I would have expected Kenji to explode on her. I would have expected Shizune to outmaneuver Kenji and for Kenji to credit it to her wily feminine ways. But it didn't really happen. Oh well.

Finally, we get to meet the new student council for a brief moment. This scene had several mini great things to it. First off, it was a great surprise to see new characters! And they're weee's artwork, too! I really love weee's artwork so it was beautiful to see these two girls. Made me wish we could've known more about 'em. ^^; Second, it was fun to see the girls doing to Hisao what Hisao did to Misha when he first arrived at Yamaku: in response to Shizune's words they addressed Hisao, her translator, rather than Shizune herself. But like I said, these were mini great things. They didn't make the scene stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the truly great scenes of the other paths.

Really, that's kind of been the poor Shizune path's problem this entire go: it's not bad, it's just dull / less exciting than the other paths. I feel bad for the Shizune path writer, really I do, since I feel like it's gotta be the most gnawing, depressing thing in the world to be part of a collaborative art project and to have everyone saying how much it moved them, how great it was, etc etc, but for your contributions to that art piece to time and again be the ones which people agree were the weakest links. Had Shizune's path been its own stand-alone North American visual novel story, I think it probably would have achieved a level of popularity similar with Narcissu. Instead, it was bundled along with Hanako's path, Emi's path, Rin's path, and Lilly's path. I think this really hurt the Shizune path and I really do feel sorry for its author. I hope he/she doesn't get too bummed out by the lackluster fan response to Shizune's path and I hope he/she continues to try and write.

Anyway, I saved last night right as the final (?) Shizune sex scene was getting started. It takes place in the student council room (of course ) if that helps you identify which one I'm talking about in case there are others which come after. So it looks like I've only got this event and then two more after it before I finish Shizune's path. I'll have to revisit it later if I want to try and get 100% completion.

Last edited by Talon87; 09-13-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime