UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Jaxel plays The Walking Dead

BORKED

The name + handle. Right age. Right ethnicity. Mentions fighting game tournaments. Very, very probably our Jaxel. So, given that, pull up a chair and enjoy seeing and listening to the creator of the Universal Pokémon Network share his thoughts on The Walking Dead.

The embedded video above is the last in the series*, but if you look on the right, you can see the other various parts of Jaxel's review. So search for Part 1 and start from there if you're interested to watch from beginning to end. But for everyone else who is just curious to see what Jaxel looks like, hear what Jaxel sounds like, and maybe hear his general thoughts on the Walking Dead franchise, the video above is a perfectly fine place to start.

* This means SPOILERS!

Last edited by Talon87; 12-30-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added red color and asterisk note.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Kinda creepy. I mean, he put it on Youtube so obviously he doesn't care who sees/hears him, but still... I wouldn't want videos of me floating around a pokemon board I no longer have any part in, a board that only has like 4-5 people I know on it.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
deoxys
Fog Badge

HOLD IT! This video has some major spoilers in it including for the endgame, so I highly recommend you do not watch this for his opinion on whether or not you should check it out.

Now, to respond to his video:

As someone who has seen now the first two seasons of the Walking Dead show and still doesn't care for it, I'm refreshed to hear that opinion from someone else. In fact, I think he pinpointed my problem with it perfectly not to mention I really just don't give a shit about any of the characters aside from Rick Grimes, the main hero, and his son.

>It's Telltale's best game, and it is an amazing one

Agreed.

>Chapter's 1-4 are slow and boring.

Disagree. I'll give him 1 and maybe 2, but 3, 4, and 5 are incredibly memorable and crazy. The beginning builds up the character development and story setting which becomes crucial towards how you interact with the game in the second half. I will say that there are some really unnecessarily long and boring point and click "puzzle" sequences which I can agree with if this is what he is referring to, but otherwise I think it was all necessary.

>Clementine is one of the best characters ever, in all of gaming

Absolutely 100% agreed. Clementine is an amazing character and possibly the most human character I've ever seen in a game, period.

>Tales of Symphonia was bad

WHAT.

>Walking Dead retail game can be buggy and nearly unplayable at times

This, I recommend downloading them if you can. Heed my warning.

He's continuing to harp on the first four chapters thinking it was bad and saying the last chapter is the only saving grace the game has that makes it so wonderfully amazing. I just can't agree with this. I loved the journey and adventure of the first four episodes and the characters and experiences.

>I saw what was going to happen, therefore it didn't elicit any sort of emotional response from me

Yeah I think most people did, but I don't see how that changes how powerful it was when it all culminated in the finale? It was bloody brilliant and one of the most moving experiences I've ever seen in a story.

>Music was fantastic and set the atmosphere perfectly

Yes. So, so good. SO good. Perfect soundtrack. You couldn't have asked for a more perfect soundtrack for the game.

>"I won't be playing the game again"

Well obviously, there's no reason to unless you want to see role a renegade or paragon character type who chooses different paths than you initially did. Once you've experienced it, you really don't need to again.

Anyway, if you want to know whether you should play this game or not, I would say yes, you very much should. It's definitely an experience quite like none other in gaming.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 12-30-2012 at 10:59 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Regarding spoilers, I told you it was the last in the series of a Let's Play series. Obviously there would be endgame spoilers. Obviously. But I guess I didn't make it clear enough. And I apologize if that's the case. Will make it even MORE obvious.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Kinda creepy. I mean, he put it on Youtube so obviously he doesn't care who sees/hears him, but still... I wouldn't want videos of me floating around a pokemon board I no longer have any part in, a board that only has like 4-5 people I know on it.
My first impression was like this, but my ultimate conclusion is that each individual would treat such differently.

For example, let's say someone from my high school class is kissing my picture in my yearbook right now. Would I be flattered?

-if it's a dude? probably not.
-if it's a girl? possibly.
-if it's a cute girl? yes, I'd be honoured
-if it's a cute, single girl? flattered? How about floored? Phone number?

So, while it's clear that Jaxel and UPN are as of 2012 little more than a historical connection, fans are fans. I doubt he'd be as discriminatory as I was in the hypothetical.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I honestly don't think he cares if we talk about his videos on here. I can ask him later, if you'd like. He still posts here rarely.

That being said, it's not like we're being insulting/critical about his videos. The chances of him viewing this thread and discussion in a negative light are extremely unlikely.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #7
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Not what I had envisioned. I always pictured him as a silver haired bishounen with glasses. At least I got one out of three.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games