UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #38476
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

The time to actually come up with them? We're kind of down a Stark and the others have been a little busy IRL, from what I've come to understand.

Come to think of it, I think both those lists are lacking the Tarot Cards. Were those not allowed to be stored or something?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Old 10-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #38477
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
I dont want to gripe, but this year we haven't really gotten that many unique items. Is there anything in particular that prompts unique items to pop up?
I wouldn't know. It's pretty much just based on whatever the mods decide they want to give out. Some items I think have only ever been given out once. I remember one year they gave out some sort of chocolate cake item that would give 1 level and teach that Pokémon Swift. It was, I believe, the one and only time they gave out that item, and it was before they implemented move compatibility restrictions, so as you can imagine, it wasn't easy for me to get ahold of one for Hermione.

And if memory serves, the Tarot Cards had expiration dates. I think I just skipped over items that always come with expiration dates. I could be wrong- I was a little tired last night when I was compiling that list, so I could've easily read something wrong.

(nicknames: Hermione=Weedle)
Old 10-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #38478
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

I just went and checked, and it would appear that the Tarot Cards didn't have expiration dates- the only stipulation on them was that you could choose one from each bunch. They were more potent than I remembered, though- I forgot that they allowed a pokemon to learn other moves as well as the one on the card itself!

Old 10-28-2016, 01:55 PM   #38479
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Oh, man, imagine if I had been able to get my Weedle before the tighter move compatibility restrictions came into play! Imagine all the moves I could've taught her.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #38480
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Metronome was an option- then she'd simultaneously know all and almost no attacks!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #38481
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Oh, man, imagine if I had been able to get my Weedle before the tighter move compatibility restrictions came into play! Imagine all the moves I could've taught her.
Your Weedle feels more authentic and fun this way
Old 10-28-2016, 02:10 PM   #38482
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...She's not supposed to 'authentic', though. The whole point is that she's better different than the other weedle!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #38483
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMana View Post
...She's not supposed to 'authentic', though. The whole point is that she's better different than the other weedle!
I mean in the sense that his Weedle stands out from the rest, but at the same time it didnt obtain a boat load of moves that would otherwise make it overpowered
Old 10-28-2016, 02:21 PM   #38484
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Metronome was an option- then she'd simultaneously know all and almost no attacks!
Oh, man, I would love to be able to teach her Metronome. I think there might've been an opportunity to at one point, if memory serves, but we were only allowed to pick one move item, and that was when I taught Soft-Boiled to my Stunfisk, so I can't say I regret that choice- any chance I get to teach Rubeus a healing move, I'm taking it.

Quote:
More or less, yeah. Hermione strives to become as strong as possible without having to evolve, to prove that Weedle are just as capable as any other Pokémon. I've yet to win a battle with her, but she puts up a pretty decent fight. She actually put up a very good fight against Okikumew's Staravia (then a Starly), and she didn't know half the moves then that she knows now. I actually would've entered her in the Summershine Cup, except a lot of the potential prizes wouldn't really do much of anything for her- her IQ's already maxed out, she has full Happiness Points, she has no Egg moves, her few MT moves were the first moves I ever taught her, and she can't learn any TMs.

Quote:
I mean in the sense that his Weedle stands out from the rest, but at the same time it didnt obtain a boat load of moves that would otherwise make it overpowered
Ah, but I would LOVE for Hermione to be overpowered. A ridiculously powerful Weedle that could kick major ass was something I've wanted in FB since I first joined up. But you do make a good point- Hermione definitely stands out as she is now.

(nicknames: Rubeus=Stunfisk; Hermione=Weedle)
Old 10-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #38485
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:

Ah, but I would LOVE for Hermione to be overpowered. A ridiculously powerful Weedle that could kick major ass was something I've wanted in FB since I first joined up. But you do make a good point- Hermione definitely stands out as she is now.
There is a difference between paying for the best, and then having your weedle be the best due to your years activity within fb.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #38486
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Don't you have Hebenon for that already? XD
Old 10-28-2016, 03:45 PM   #38487
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
Don't you have Hebenon for that already? XD
Heh, true. Hebenon's movepool should give you all an idea of just what kind of movepool Hermione might have had if I had gotten her earlier on in my FB career. Tri Attack, Fire Spin, Bullet Seed, Dark Void, Thunderbolt, Giga Impact, Torment, Taunt, Psywave, Encore...

(nicknames: Hebenon=Qwilfish; Hermione=Weedle)
Old 10-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #38488
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Good news, I was actually able to make it to the library before it closed, so Louise was able to get her birthday gifts after all! That should make things a tad less hectic back at camp for the next few days~!

Old 10-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #38489
Aposteriori
Banned

Who is usually in charged of spriting unique items?
Old 10-29-2016, 10:12 AM   #38490
Escalion

Arnold usually does those things I believe. I know he does for bases at least.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:07 AM   #38491
Arnold
Just call me sir

Quote:
Arnold usually does those things I believe. I know he does for bases at least.
and thats why they mostly look rubbish, because I do them *thumbs up*
Old 10-30-2016, 12:03 PM   #38492
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
I've always thought that they looked brilliant, but eh. :P

Edited my AC post with the quote in. So much to remember now holyfrickle. x_x Wanna apply to ref again but it's so overwhelming.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #38493
Escalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
I'm with Meetan, think you've been doign a great job on the sprites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
I've always thought that they looked brilliant, but eh. :P

Edited my AC post with the quote in. So much to remember now holyfrickle. x_x Wanna apply to ref again but it's so overwhelming.
If you mean TB ref, please do XD
With Marble sort of gone it's only Arc and me, and I'm not sure how much Arc even picks up. And someone need to pick up the battle Missingno. Master and I are having. Don't think I should do that myself at least :x

Edit: Yeah yeah, I'm working on my reffings, expect them this week
Old 10-30-2016, 02:16 PM   #38494
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:

With Marble sort of gone it's only Arc and me, and I'm not sure how much Arc even picks up. And someone need to pick up the battle Missingno. Master and I are having. Don't think I should do that myself at least :x

I submitted my application two days ago or so. I might not be MZ quality, but I have that in mind!
Old 10-30-2016, 02:43 PM   #38495
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:

I don't. I mean in a zone.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #38496
Escalion

Zone updaters we could use too I'm sure :x

Quote:
I submitted my application two days ago or so. I might not be MZ quality, but I have that in mind!
Cool, hope you'll pass the tests soon than
Old 10-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #38497
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Quote:

Arc currently picks up nothing, this would be because in her new job she is working 11-12 hours days (2-3 hours overtime every night). This leaves her 2-3 hours when she gets home to wash, eat, and get ready for the next day. My days off are spent food shopping, laundry, cleaning and sorting out problems at work since they can't leave me alone even then. I currently have no social life, work is pretty much eating up 75% of my day and life. I badly need some time off ... 8 weeks down only 4 more to go before my annual leave =/

I'm not off again till Thursday (my weekend on again too!) so it'll be then before I even look at your reply

*100*100*100*100*065*061*100*073*077*067*065*062*059*056*

*100*069**100*100*100*063*070*100*100*100*060*100*056**040*

*055**055**054**054**049**047**051**052**048**050**052**050*

*055**050**055**051**062**050**048**050**051**051**046**057*

*027**020**013**013**015**012**017**007**007**008**008**006*
Old 10-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #38498
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

As far as TBs go, I'm gone. I'm only around to finish 3 stories and my own Glade stuff.

Now, allow me to leave you all a quick reminder, and a request: FB is primarily a roleplaying game. As of late, it's been mostly an item-collecting and shopping game, and that's not what it should be about. This game needs - incomparably more so than timely Daycare Center confirmations - dedicated updaters who actually update, otherwise all creative writing amounts to fanfiction posts. And although we were thankfully given a place to do that too, the heart and soul of FB are the Zones.
So please, to anyone who might be interested in keeping this game running - get out there and apply to update! Creating stories and watching others play them is a ton of fun, I tell you from experience. And this game thrives on that kind of help from anyone willing to put in the effort. Give it a shot guys - it's worth it, and it's needed. Speaking for myself, if zones worked like they once did, maybe I wouldn't be moving on from FB today.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #38499
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
As far as TBs go, I'm gone. I'm only around to finish 3 stories and my own Glade stuff.

Now, allow me to leave you all a quick reminder, and a request: FB is primarily a roleplaying game. As of late, it's been mostly an item-collecting and shopping game, and that's not what it should be about. This game needs - incomparably more so than timely Daycare Center confirmations - dedicated updaters who actually update, otherwise all creative writing amounts to fanfiction posts. And although we were thankfully given a place to do that too, the heart and soul of FB are the Zones.
So please, to anyone who might be interested in keeping this game running - get out there and apply to update! Creating stories and watching others play them is a ton of fun, I tell you from experience. And this game thrives on that kind of help from anyone willing to put in the effort. Give it a shot guys - it's worth it, and it's needed. Speaking for myself, if zones worked like they once did, maybe I wouldn't be moving on from FB today.
I wholeheartedly agree. I actually love role playing and that includes updates, which is why I intend to apply either in anticipation of or once I can get my head around the basics of this again. It took me hours just to pluck up the courage to do a Pokespa post earlier, and I'm still convinced I probably fucked it up somehow. I know I did with my AC and Egg House posts. I heard from many people before rejoining that this place is lethargic and dead as a doornail, but because I have so much on I don't mind /too/ much and it gives me time to get my head round it.

Problem is the Arcane Realm being a requirement and only having one incredibly busy mod, and the other two mods being busy, and the mysterious case of other appointed mods having apparently vanished? There isn't enough power spread among the community, it seems, kind of like before? I suppose the place'll chug along and we'll do our best to carry it. Best of luck to you, though, Marble. You were always lovely to have around. Feel free to PM me for my Skype/Discord/Kik/whatevam8. <3
Old 10-30-2016, 04:08 PM   #38500
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

Problem is the Arcane Realm being a requirement and only having one incredibly busy mod, and the other two mods being busy, and the mysterious case of other appointed mods having apparently vanished? There isn't enough power spread among the community, it seems, kind of like before? I suppose the place'll chug along and we'll do our best to carry it. Best of luck to you, though, Marble. You were always lovely to have around. Feel free to PM me for my Skype/Discord/Kik/whatevam8. <3
Arcane Realm is no longer required
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out