UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Dragonair MaiDragonite - The Maid Café

Situated along the roads of High Street in New Fizz City is the MaiDragonite, the most popular maid café in Fizzytopia. The bright pink exterior is enough to catch the eyes of any passerby, not to mention the adorable statues of Dragonite and Lopunny in maid outfits that stand outside the door. Upon entering the building, you are greeted by one of the many adorable maids or handsome butlers that wander the establishment. A huge plush Dragonite in a maid outfit sits on the counter, reminding patrons of their mascot. Many Lopunny and Gallade can also be seen in the same uniform, entertaining customers as they enjoy their Cinncinobuns and Clefairtea. The walls of the establishment are a soft pink, with small white hearts darted throughout the design, a few red posters with menu items as well as the names of today’s maids and butlers can be seen around the place.The tables themselves are a plain white, but with chairs shaped like hearts in bright shades of red and pink sitting at them.

The Maid Café is the perfect place to relax with your Pokemon while sipping on a beverage of your choice. Just be friendly, the maids and butlers can sometimes be a little clumsy in those outfits, and they are always willing to bend to your every beck and call. Not to mention, they are always looking for extra help.

Last edited by Naru; 01-17-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: **Sprite by Morningstar!!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:37 AM   #2
Meetan
Soul Badge

Alice Hope was, quite frankly, lazy. For all of the journeying around Fizzytopia that she did, and as much had been achieved in the past year, dragging her arse out of bed was something else. Of course, like everyone, there were things that could motivate her, and one of those things was money. When the Employment Bureau had opened its doors she had been the first one in there, and seeing a sign for a maid cafe had brought on some severe excitement. That was a dream come true, and for a budding idol, what a better job than that?

She had showed up nice and early for her shift at MaiDragonite, giving her time to get acquainted with the staff and how things work and change into her uniform. Hers was a motif of pink and white, the apron heart shaped and frilly like the bloomers beneath the puffy dress-skirt. Long white socks pulled over her pasty knees, little black dolly heels adding a few inches to the trainer's petite height. Her make up even matched: bright lipstick making her mouth pop, eyeshadow matched a soft pink to the garment.

“Master~! Welcome home!” The blonde greeted enthusiastically as another patron stepped through the doors, long ringlet pigtails swinging slightly with energised movements. If there was one thing Alice was confident in, it was that she both looked and sounded to be one of Fizzytopia's most adorable people. She damn suited this job. The man who had come in nodded a little bashfully, greeting in return. He probably wasn't a regular. “Oh, Master, may I take your coat?”
“Oh. Sure.” He began to shed his winter layers, which Alice took and promptly hung up before offering to lead him to his table. Given that it was such a popular establishment, most if not all bookings were made in advance, and so after finding his name it was easy to see where he was set. She gave him a few moments to look over the menu, offering her own recommendations (“The Heart-Melting Hot Chocolate is really good when it's so warm outside, you know?!”) before clearing a few tables and making her return. The hot chocolate, pulverising pancakes and a glass of Starline Water. Sounded good to her!

This was her first waitressing gig, honestly, and so Alice still asked for help as would be expected of a first day. The hot chocolate was the easiest bit, although making the cute heart on top was a bit difficult. She enjoyed messing with the whipped cream and delicately setting the tiny marshmallows on the side, bringing that out first with the water. “Here you go, Master. The Starline Water and Heart-Melting Hot Chocolate! I hope it's just as you like it!”
“It is, thank you.” The customer was still blushing. Why he'd come on his own was a mystery to her. What a masochist. She was here for it, though.
“While we finish preparing your pancakes, do you want me to cast a spell on it?”
“Ah, a spell?”
“It makes it extra yummy! Or so I've been told.” The maid giggled. God, if her parents or friends could see her now. Alice wasn't sure she'd feel shame, though.
“Oh, sure.”
Ever prepared, tucked into the bow at her back, Alice procured what looked to be a sparkly magic wand. “Moe moe moe kyu! A loving spell from me to you! Mwah~!” She finished the silly little display with a blow of a kiss and then clapped her hands, body swaying quickly with fake-joy. “Yay! It'll be more yummy now! Try it before it gets cold, quickly!”
“Ah, okay.” The man thanked her with a little dip of his head, picking up the mug carefully to take a sip. He hummed, nodding again and then gave thumbs up. “It's delicious, thank you.”
“Yay! Ahh, I'm so happy~~!”

And she was. This job was made for her.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:58 PM   #3
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
(OOC: Here and ready to work. Austin has a few tables open if they want him to serve them)

The teen was glad he didn't have to wear that stupid maid costume. Though, he was mad he had to cut off what little of his dyed hair he had left. It certainly had been a long time since he hat his natural dark brown, and he wasn't exactly use to it yet. He looked at himself in the mirror in the break room, making sure the makeup was alright. While he refused to remove the bandage on his face, management wanted him to look fair. It was not fun... to say the least... to have one of the maids having to do his face every day. This stuff itched! How did people wear this stuff all the time? He couldn't understand. Austin also stared at his big forehead, and remembered how much he hated it. They wanted him to look fancy and formal, so he had to do gel his hair and put it in whatever this fancy do was. He wasn't deemed "cute" enough to be the boyish butler, so they wanted him to act the part as the "cold, distant butler." At least they didn't make him wear glasses.

"Hey kid, your shift is up," he heard a deep voice. It was the other butler, an older gentleman to play the kind, fatherly type. He was a hit with the ladies and there was no wonder why. He was old and rugged, and a decent beard. Everything screamed "I'm here to help resolve your daddy issues, ma'am."

"Thanks," the teen responded, getting up and heading out to where the patrons were seated. While it was usually men who came, to see the supposedly cute girls dressed as maids, with the introduction of the butler portion of the staff, more traffic from females. Not that there was an odd man or lady who wanted a butler or maid instead. Austin didn't mind when he got guys, they seemed more reasonable and less creepy then the women. At least their flirtations felt more genuine, and if he liked his customer enough he might flirt back. Thankfully he hasn't had to deal with any old men yet. Just, not his type.

He looked at his tables, and saw that he only had one filled for now. At this point his and his co-workers schedule were known to the regulars, so he naturally had less. At least, less of what he didn't want to deal with. Making his way towards the table, it was a girl who looked around his age. She had her face buried in a doujinshi, that much was obvious. The fake cover she slipped on couldn't fool him. He let out a small cough, causing the lass to slam shut her book and look at him all flustered. She tried her hardest to keep her glasses from falling off, and her face was beet red.

"A cup of tea, my princess?" Austin asked, his voice distant. Though, it wasn't harsh, more of a sense of indifferance. He was there to serve, that was all.

"Y-Yes! Can I also have a uh..." she flipped through the menu. "A, uh, razz berry cheesecake, please?" She asked. Austin wrote down the order for the pasty before flipping his page. He didn't make eye contact with her, focusing solely on his notebook.

"For tea today, my princess, we have a Green, an Earl Grey, or a Chamomile."

"Oh, uh, Chamomile works..." she said, obviously looking at him in awe. He gave her an aloof gaze, and he could see her getting more flustered.

"I shall serve you that shortly. Anything else, my princess?"

"I'm good for now, thank you sir," she thanked him, watching him so she could continue reading her... manga.

"I live to serve, my princess. If you have need of me, I shall be there. I shall carry out your orders without fail," he gave a courteous bow, saying the shtick he was told to do, and then left to go to the kitchen. He placed the order note for the food staff, and then went to the tea kettles. Finding the Chamomile, he grabbed the tea pot and placed it on a small, ornate tray. he found a tea cup, and placed it next to the pot. Like all cutlery and other fine china at the cafe, the cup had a nice floral design, with mini Dratinis painted on.

He grabbed the slice of cheesecake, razz berry compote swirled into the tart cheese. A dollop of whipped cream, and a cut razz berry sat on top, at the end towards the crust. It was decently chilled, and he could tell it was firm. He placed the dessert next to the tea cup and kettle, and carried the tray back towards his customer.

Without speaking, he placed the tea dish and tea cup down first. Grabbing the kettle, he gentle poured the tea to fill the small cup. The liquid filled up the drink ware, almost to the brim. A lift waft of steam emerged from the tea, signalling it was hot. He then sat the small plate of cheesecake next to the tea cup, and laid out the cutlery next to that place. When he was done, he could see the girl looking at him in awe.

"Your food, my princess. I poured my heart into it to make sure it was made perfectly for royalty like you. Please, enjoy," he gave another bow, this time looking his customer in her eye while doing so. He gave a wink and a small smile before returning to his original position. He could tell that she was was satisfied, with the way she was adjusting herself and her red face. He then left to go clean off tables with a small wave. Another customer served.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-29-2018, 12:44 AM   #4
Meetan
Soul Badge

Part way through her shift, another staff member had joined the fray. He was younger than her by at least a year or two, which she had initially voiced to be a shame. Alice was in no way hiding that she could be as crazy about the whole concept as some of the other people out there, although she wasn't quite at doujinshi-delulu, at least. To her delight, when he arrived, it turned out that Austin was quite good looking, and he played his part quite well. Apparently that was out of disdain, though, and while Alice toned down her character whenever they interacted behind the scenes...

Well, she was enjoying admiring his from a distance. And his butt. And why did they make him shave off coloured hair for the job?! Wildly dyed hair was her jam! Life was suffering.

Alice continued to serve that customer among with the others, the monotony of regular waitressing broken up by the occasional picture (paid for and decorated, of course!) and act like a board game. What she was really looking forward to, though, was when the main lights of the establishment dimmed. Smaller ones around the cafe took over their job, including some different coloured lamps on tables shaped like Lopunny, Gallade and Dragonite. Alice moved onto the stage towards the front of the cafe, off to the side, and picked up a microphone.

“Good afternoon, my beloved princes and princesses! It's your favourite maid, the always Hopeful Alice! A little Delibird told me that you needed your spirits energised for the rest of your day, so I decided to come and sing a song for you! That's okay, right?!” The waitress took pause, lifting a hand to her ear and leaning forward a little to encourage the usual cheers and shouts that came with such an announcement. Some of the customers had fans and light sticks in their hands, those also designed around the mascots of MaiDragonite. Alice cheered, too, clapping her hands and lightly stomping her feet with delight. Utterly sickening.

“Yay! Then is everyone ready?” Another beat, “Okay, then! Three, two, music~~ Start!” What followed from the speakers was an opening familiar enough to the wota in the audience. Alice had picked a classic, and after the initial intro, it was obvious that Alice was used to this kind of thing. She was doing the fist bumps to the beat, encouraging the chants (that mostly came from the guys, of course), bouncing around and putting her all into it. To be fair, she was trying to make it as an idol of sorts, so it was only natural. When the song ended, Alice asked if they wanted one more, picking an equally upbeat song to finish off with. At the end, the maid both bowed and playfully curtsied; twin tails swinging with the motions. She beamed, genuinely touched at the response – a mixture of polite or enthusiastic, for the most part – before setting the switched off mic in its stand and taking leave of the stage. The cafe's main lights went back up, and although service hadn't actually stopped, the other staff were probably pleased for their sight to be properly restored.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

There's always that one customer...

Hands in pockets and feet firmly planted, Kijo pauses a few steps from the entryway of MaiDragonite to fully take in the spectacle. The bartender wasn't lying when he said that she wouldn't be able to miss the place - the bright pink facade stood out for miles, and the statues of Dragonite and Lopunny, captured in moments of perfect poise and elegance, practically demanded attention. Hearing a gentle "Excuse me," behind her which takes her out of her musings momentarily, she steps aside to allow a young man through with a soft grunt to acknowledge his presence. He nods in thanks, and makes his way in. The moment he steps inside, he is greeted with an adorably energetic, "Master~! Welcome home!"

Kijo raises an eyebrow. Master? The whole thing seemed overly indulgent - the kind of thing her associates would be drooling over, as the desire to be waited on and adored seemed a rather common personality trait among the criminal elite back home. A thought tickles in the back of her mind that maybe she was really no different, but she was in no mood to entertain that type of introspection. Besides, there were more pressing matters at hand. The Bar's espresso had been terrible, and the Nightclub's only barely passable. She'd put on a damn maid costume herself if it meant getting some good coffee, and this place came highly recommended...

Carefully letting Bia out of her Pokeball, the Stufful takes in her surroundings before immediately taking a spot in Kijo's shadow. The tall, stern-looking woman looks over her shoulder, now anticipating Bia's first response to being anywhere that required being in close proximity with others.

"You'll want decaf, won't you? No sugar?" Bia looks up at her trainer eagerly and wags her odd little tail, though she stubbornly remains behind her. Kijo pushes through the double doors with signficantly more force than necessary, her arms flung wide to further create the impression of a large frame. Her gravelly voice booms through the cafe, the tone amused, yet clearly commanding:

"All right, which one of you 'KA-WAI-EE' folks do I have to talk to in order to get some gods-damned 'KO-HI' around here?" Kijo utters every mispronounced syllable clearly and loudly, her eyes steadily observing just to see whose skin in the establishment would visibly crawl.

Stuf stuf, fuuuul! Stuf-fuuuuul! Bia chimes in with her sweet little squeaky voice, her adorable face and curious head-tilt hard to ignore, as her wide eyes survey the scene. Of course, to the Pokemon around her, the sweet little utterance translates roughly to Give me my coffee and then stay away from me, strange ones.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:21 PM   #6
Meetan
Soul Badge

For that one customer, there's still that one maid! <3

Kijo's entrance had been grand indeed, the type to draw the eyes of customers and both serving Pokemon and humans alike. There were some who laughed, and plenty who thought that this was as much a charade as the cafe's act was. Plenty weren't willing to risk finding out, but before some of the more confident seniors could risk taking Kijo on, Alice did. Better her than them. It was easier to fire a temp if the customer was sharp about shit like that.

"I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting, my princess! I just didn't want to offend your noses after being on stage!" Alice announced dramatically, her apology accompanied by a deep bow. She straightened up, curled pigtails swinging about her flushed face. Indeed, Alice now smelled faintly of deodorant and more obviously of differing, sensual hand lotions and perfume. She'd splashed water over herself, too, though that wasn't exactly visible at this point.

"Please let me take your things if need be and help you to your table! What kind of coffee would you like?" Alice asked. Her act very much matched Kijo's demanding character-- a dedicated and energetic maid seemingly ready to take her mistress' attitude if she could make her happy. "I'll work hard, so please let me know everything you both want!" When they got to the table - if they got there, anyway - Alice would hand over the menus and leave them be if they needed that, too. At least her shift wasn't going to be boring by the looks of things!
Old 01-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #7
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

KIJO, WARRIOR PRINCESS

After a few moments carefully sizing up the senior members of the staff, waiting for someone to either serve her or ask her to leave, an energetic maid with bouncy, blonde ringlets and an apparently bubbly personality responds to Kijo's dramatic entrance with an apology of equal measure, grandiloquent even in servitude. The scent of her perfumes teases Kijo's nostrils, mixing with her olfactory aura of cigar smoke and cologne stolen from an old flame. At first, the ex-Rocket wears a slightly confused expression on her face - why was this girl addressing her Stufful? She couldn't imagine Bia, despite her appearance, taking kindly to being called Princess -

It is in that moment she realizes - based on the maid's eye contact and posture - Kijo is the "princess" being addressed. The woman laughs in spite of herself. Her grin - though crooked with a grizzled bit of sarcasm - still seems genuine enough.

"No kingdom in this world wants me as their princess, love - I work with anarchies, not monarchies - but hey, if the shoe fits!" Kijo looks down at her women's US size 11 boots, lifting one of her feet and wiggling it a bit as if to further illustrate her point. "Dainty as a motherfucker."

At the offer to take her things and help her to her table, Kijo shakes her head. "Just point me in the right direction and I can handle the rest. I assure you, despite my sudden and unexpected appointment to royalty, I'm surprisingly low maintenance." She pauses, and remarks in a deadpan tone, "I only require ten drops of virgin blood in my coffee instead of the usual twelve."

Bia squeaks adorably in response to what her trainer is saying, looking up at Alice with big, excited eyes. Pokemon around her will understand the statement - Wow, is that really an option? Can I have that?

"All jokes aside -" She shoots a glance at her Stufful, unsure of what the Pokemon's utterances mean but getting the vague idea that she might not want to know, given how suddenly eager the Pokemon appeared - "I would like a shot of espresso, and Bia would like a cup of decaf coffee. Black, no sugar, no milk or creme for either of us." She smirks. "And, by the way... this may be a silly question, but this is my first time here, so you'll have to forgive me... I get that I've been crowned princess, but what would you like me to call you, dear lady?"If there's flirtation in Kijo's voice, it's ground under the gravel of a smoke-laden larynx and cut by a sarcasm-sharpened tongue - and yet, one could imagine it there, albeit mangled...
Old 01-30-2018, 11:10 PM   #8
Meetan
Soul Badge

Alice was relieved to find that the newest princess had a sense of humour, and a dry one to boot! That matched her own, usual wit perfectly, and the customer was clearly more manageable than she first appeared. The others had lost out on this one. She felt like Austin especially would have appreciated serving someone who wasn't constantly imagining him banging the other butlers, but snooze and lose!

"Well, I won't blow your cover, Princess." The blonde assured quietly with a little wink, escorting Kijo to her table. Some of the Pokemon around who were serving, posing and the like were giving the Stufful a mixture of looks and none were approving. What the heck was it saying? She wished Axel could be around to translate (Hermes couldn't be trusted, ever). "Okay! So a shot of espresso with a hint of virgin's blood, and Stufful-sized decaf black coffee! Coming right up!"

At the question, Alice hummed, beaming brightly. If this troublemaker was flirting, she could totally roll with that. "Oh, I'm Alice! But you're welcome to call me dear lady or 'my favourite' if your highness would prefer to!" As sweet as her grin was, it was clearly genuine. The others might have been suffering in here, but this maid sure wasn't.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #9
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
Alice was relieved to find that the newest princess had a sense of humour, and a dry one to boot! That matched her own, usual wit perfectly, and the customer was clearly more manageable than she first appeared. The others had lost out on this one. She felt like Austin especially would have appreciated serving someone who wasn't constantly imagining him banging the other butlers, but snooze and lose!

"Well, I won't blow your cover, Princess." The blonde assured quietly with a little wink, escorting Kijo to her table. Some of the Pokemon around who were serving, posing and the like were giving the Stufful a mixture of looks and none were approving. What the heck was it saying? She wished Axel could be around to translate (Hermes couldn't be trusted, ever). "Okay! So a shot of espresso with a hint of virgin's blood, and Stufful-sized decaf black coffee! Coming right up!"

At the question, Alice hummed, beaming brightly. If this troublemaker was flirting, she could totally roll with that. "Oh, I'm Alice! But you're welcome to call me dear lady or 'my favourite' if your highness would prefer to!" As sweet as her grin was, it was clearly genuine. The others might have been suffering in here, but this maid sure wasn't.
The maid was truly a paradox in Kijo's eyes; even while waiting on the brusque, intimidating ex-criminal hand and foot, she still managed to show a playful, yet brazen streak. Underneath the lace-and-frills exterior, this was no mere demure domestic. Kijo sits down rather unceremoniously, feet spread chair-width apart, chest and shoulders broadened, leaning forward. Even hunched over in the tiny cafe chair, there is the sense in her body of an animal poised and ready to strike at a moment's notice - an irrevocable instinct. She seems to give Alice's suggested titles a moment of thought, with a soft chuckle under her breath.

"My favourite, hm? You're a bold one, I'll give you that." Kijo's weathered grin is difficult to read. "We'll see," she remarks coldly - her arms cross, and her head lowers as she directs her attention to the menu laid out in front of her. She drums her fingers on the table in an idle rhythm, humming to herself as she reviews the offerings.

Bia jumps up on the cafe chair - despite cute appearances, the Stufful's movements betray her well-formed musculature, even at a relatively low level of training. Sitting stock-straight with eager eyes, the bearlike creature feels safe enough sitting at the table to now take a look at all the people gathered in the cafe. The persistent smile, despite being surrounded by others, is a clear sign of how eager the little Pokemon is at the prospect of delicious coffee. In fact - oh, look, there! COFFEE! DELICIOUS COFFEE! Bia practically jumps for joy, and runs toward the butler carrying the tray... to another table.

Kijo stands up and clears her throat loudly. Bia stops dead in her tracks, frozen like the Reaper himself tapped her on the shoulder. The butler, too, stops short right at the last second, the abrupt movement only costing him a few errant drops of coffee spilled on the saucer. Bia's eyes could practically bore holes in the butler's hand, such is her desire for the coffee it balances.

As Bia is ordered to return to her seat, her squeak is akin to a deflating balloon - a mournful cry for the coffee that may have been. Kijo shoots the Stufful a stern glance before turning her attention to the menu, ignoring the Pokemon's whines. Harsh, perhaps, but Kijo knew full well that her former Ursaring had to work hard at his training in order to break people; in contrast, this was a creature whose evolution has been known to unintentionally snap its trainer in half with an overeager hug, such was its innate strength. Matched with her impulsiveness...

A memory flashes through Kijo's mind of the nurse at the Celadon Pokemon Center, mere hours after Kijo's reunion with Bia, giving the Pokemon a much-needed checkup before the pair hopped on the next flight to get the hell out of Kanto.

"What a healthy Stufful! Such a happy girl, now that she's back with you!" Kijo had smiled in spite of herself at the nurse's assessment - and as the memory plays in her mind, she smiles a bit in the cafe, too. "Oooooh," the nurse had continued, "She's gonna be a big one when she evolves - I can tell!" The nurse had lifted one of Bia's paws - despite the Pokemon's adamant protestations - showing her trainer how large and dense it was. "She could very well clear 8 feet!"

Kijo shakes her head, willing herself out of the memory - and the thought of how Bia's little scene in the cafe might have played out if she had seven more feet to work with. She winced, as bones cracked in her mind. There was no way around it - that bear needed to learn discipline...
Old 02-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #10
Meetan
Soul Badge

Alice giggled at the label. Brazen indeed. Sure, this was kind of part of the job, but the fact was that she was like this normally, too. She hadn't always been this forward, but for her, faking it until she made it had boosted her esteem and ego and now Alice could project more than enough confidence for herself and the rest of the staff. It was a perfect cover, too, this mixture of devilish behaviour and 'innocence'. Kijo's suspicions were on the mark, after all. Nobody in here would have suspected Alice of robbing a casino, most would have been surprised at a glance to know that she had survived a haunted theme park and helped save the Cloud Garden. There was seriousness behind the sweetness.

"I'll leave you to think over your order. Just call on me or ring the bell when you're both ready, Princess!" She said, moving off to assist in clearing up some dirty tableware from other spots. Back in the kitchen, Alice had to ask for a bit of help with the drinks, but she managed to find a way to add her own charm. The shot of espresso she set on a little saucer, drawing a little jagged heart around where the glass sat with a strawberry sauce to represent the 'blood'. She even purposely, lightly, stained her fingers a bit from the bottle even if it was a tad sticky.

Alice reemerged in time to see the fallout from Bia's move. She had certainly overheard it. The Stufful had returned to her seat, thank goodness, but the butler looked a tad stunned. Hopefully Bia wasn't so much trouble they had to put her away, because she was basically a paying customer, too. "I'm so sorry to make you feel impatient, Princess. Here's your black coffee and the virgin blood espresso! Let me know if you want an incantation to make either extra yummy! And while I'm here, would either of you like anything else?"
Old 04-02-2018, 11:42 PM   #11
Meetan
Soul Badge

It had been a long and eventful day at the cafe, and the second one was no different. Alice adhered to the usual routine, coming in some hours after opening (she hated mornings, so the later shift was honestly better), operating more on the floor than behind the scenes. She preferred that, given that it meant not handling so many dirty dishes or hurting her hands on the freshly cleaned ones from the machine. Another live performance, and plenty of time off her feet playing games at tables or taking pause for pictures that she added her autograph and terrible artwork to.

On her brief break, Alice took the time to drink some water and feed herself and her Pokemon, having asked for an undecorated omelette ahead of time. She wasn't fond of ketchup, so no drawings for her unless she ordered a dessert to take home. The cafe was as busy as one could expect, and Alice's feet were hurting when the shift finally came to a close, the establishment quiet and peaceful in comparison to the hurricane of a day all of the staff had endured. The blonde aided in clearing the tables and wiping them down, making sure that all were properly set for the next day and that the back was tidy before returning her uniform.

“I'll definitely be back for another run sometime if I'm needed, so gimme a call and I'll come in if I'm free.” She offered, adding, “But I definitely want to experience this place as a customer, too. This is so up my street, even if knowing the staff behind the scenes does taint the fantasy a bit.” She'd just have to pick a shift with staff she didn't know so well and request one of them instead. For now, though, Alice's stint at MaiDragonite was over, but she was sure that the clientele would anticipate her glorious return.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:20 PM   #12
Lil'twick
Insanity

It had been years since people had accepted offers to work at a place like this. Well, the trainers of Fizzytopia were often out on lethal adventures in strange and mysterious zones. For the common folk still, MaiDragonite was a very niche spot meant to appeal to those who enjoyed that kind of culture. A mixture of Kalosian and Kantonian ideals, this was a place where girls dressed up in frilly Kalos maid costumes and boys dressed in long tailcoated butler suits. Where every man was called Master and every woman called Princess, it was a niche cultural spot that served breakfast foods and coffee, all with the appeal of having your own servant.

Deciding that he wanted to have some spice in his life, a young trainer on a whim decided to infiltrate that staff. With a cute, seafoam green ribbon tied around his neck, and his light green hair combed back and then gently positioned to give off the vibe of "a cute rich boy forced to become a butler". The staff didn't seem to blink when he showed up out of the blue one day, after all, he was an appeal that they hadn't had for years.

Besides, he was legally old enough to work. Being a trainer allowed him to bypass certain age restrictions, so even a 12-year-old would end up doing a job like this. Knowing he was of age, instead of acting down, also drew in a specific... unsavory crowd. And boy, was that the most entertaining part of all.

With a little hum, the bard danced his way across the cafe holding plates of food and tea kettles. Every step, a cutesy wink and tongue "mlem" at some costume, causing them to melt. Ah, such was the advantage of being so young. That even with him being shorter than the rest of the staff, he stuck out like a sore thumb. A much-needed sore thumb, as this place had become a lot livelier than it was in the past three or so years from its first opening.

And so, he danced around, waiting for any kind of interesting customer to come in. A lotus blossom, rising from the filth and muck of the common folk. He'd hunt down the unsavory people later, he had urges he needed to fulfill and had grown to miss washing the blood out of his clothes. For now, he needed a muse. Someone to allow him to keep drumming along, as much as he loved his team. People needed to interact with people, after all. And as much as he loved Staccato, his patience was growing thin with the Maractus interrupting practice. The baby, unfortunately, was tone-deaf, but he loved the grass-type as much as he would a normal one. But this was not the place. Here he was living to serve, purely to tickle his sense of humor and find some kind of musical calling. And with the bell ring of the door, it was a new customer to serve.

"Welcome in!"

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #13
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
It had been years since people had accepted offers to work at a place like this. Well, the trainers of Fizzytopia were often out on lethal adventures in strange and mysterious zones. For the common folk still, MaiDragonite was a very niche spot meant to appeal to those who enjoyed that kind of culture. A mixture of Kalosian and Kantonian ideals, this was a place where girls dressed up in frilly Kalos maid costumes and boys dressed in long tailcoated butler suits. Where every man was called Master and every woman called Princess, it was a niche cultural spot that served breakfast foods and coffee, all with the appeal of having your own servant.

Deciding that he wanted to have some spice in his life, a young trainer on a whim decided to infiltrate that staff. With a cute, seafoam green ribbon tied around his neck, and his light green hair combed back and then gently positioned to give off the vibe of "a cute rich boy forced to become a butler". The staff didn't seem to blink when he showed up out of the blue one day, after all, he was an appeal that they hadn't had for years.

Besides, he was legally old enough to work. Being a trainer allowed him to bypass certain age restrictions, so even a 12-year-old would end up doing a job like this. Knowing he was of age, instead of acting down, also drew in a specific... unsavory crowd. And boy, was that the most entertaining part of all.

With a little hum, the bard danced his way across the cafe holding plates of food and tea kettles. Every step, a cutesy wink and tongue "mlem" at some costume, causing them to melt. Ah, such was the advantage of being so young. That even with him being shorter than the rest of the staff, he stuck out like a sore thumb. A much-needed sore thumb, as this place had become a lot livelier than it was in the past three or so years from its first opening.

And so, he danced around, waiting for any kind of interesting customer to come in. A lotus blossom, rising from the filth and muck of the common folk. He'd hunt down the unsavory people later, he had urges he needed to fulfill and had grown to miss washing the blood out of his clothes. For now, he needed a muse. Someone to allow him to keep drumming along, as much as he loved his team. People needed to interact with people, after all. And as much as he loved Staccato, his patience was growing thin with the Maractus interrupting practice. The baby, unfortunately, was tone-deaf, but he loved the grass-type as much as he would a normal one. But this was not the place. Here he was living to serve, purely to tickle his sense of humor and find some kind of musical calling. And with the bell ring of the door, it was a new customer to serve.

"Welcome in!"

A boy a little bit younger than the green-haired server walks in meekly and looks around and greets him politely in return. This lad had serious bags under his eyes and a tint of grey in his otherwise dark brown hair. and his fashion sense was taking to a practical emo farmer and he smelled and looked clean with the exception of some seriously scuffed boots.

"Um, hello. Could you tell me where I am? I'm a bit turned around in this city."

Old 10-01-2021, 10:54 AM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

Basil cocked his head when he saw the young boy come in. Usually this place was for young adults and teenagers, not so,one younger than him. Though, it while a little confused, he was a customer. And well, customers must be served with the utmost care and respect.

"Hello Master! Welcome to MaiDragonite, where we will cater to your every whim~ If you'd like, I can get you a table and fulfill your wishes, what do you say?" Basil asked the farm boy. It was obvious he was tired, and needed some much needed rest and relaxation.

While he waited on the boy's answer, he quickly grabbed a menu with a cute swirl. It was a pretty simple menu: Omurice, Cookies, Cake, Parfaits, Trifles, and Cheesecake. Besides those food items, there was also a variety of Teas and Italian Sodas. It was meant to be a cool, hip place that almost anyone would be able to enjoy.

"So Master," he stated holding the menu against his chest. "How about it?"

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #15
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Basil cocked his head when he saw the young boy come in. Usually this place was for young adults and teenagers, not so,one younger than him. Though, it while a little confused, he was a customer. And well, customers must be served with the utmost care and respect.

"Hello Master! Welcome to MaiDragonite, where we will cater to your every whim~ If you'd like, I can get you a table and fulfill your wishes, what do you say?" Basil asked the farm boy. It was obvious he was tired, and needed some much needed rest and relaxation.

While he waited on the boy's answer, he quickly grabbed a menu with a cute swirl. It was a pretty simple menu: Omurice, Cookies, Cake, Parfaits, Trifles, and Cheesecake. Besides those food items, there was also a variety of Teas and Italian Sodas. It was meant to be a cool, hip place that almost anyone would be able to enjoy.

"So Master," he stated holding the menu against his chest. "How about it?"
Taking a moment to pause and think the young lad agreed to the offer as he had plenty of time and need a rest from wandering the streets. Upon being seated the lad leaves through the menu and decides on a more savory cheesecake paired with a black tea (think raspberry and chocolate with English breakfast tea) He also asks the tea be served with brown sugar and milk. It is after the lad leaves to get his order that he looks around and takes stock of where he is and the vague nature of the services that this place could offer and becomes quite flustered.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:08 PM   #16
Lil'twick
Insanity

Basil leads the farmer boy to his seat, which was nestled away from the hustle and bustle. Best not to overwhelm someone who was already way out of their element, after all. With quick strides of his pencil, the bard notates the kid's order. Chocolate Razzberry Cheesecake with a side of Galar Breakfast. With a simple nod, he waltzes away to start to get the order prepared.

Heading into the kitchen, he opened the fridge and took out a slice of chocolate cheesecake. Setting it onto a dainty, floral china plate, he looks for the berries. Taking a fresh razz berry, he plucks the leaves and places the berry on top of the mousse frosting. He then grabs some razz berry syrup from its container and squeezes it out in a drizzle before adding a little heart onto the plate.

He then sets the plate aside onto a tray, to let it set up more to room temperature. Best to cut through with a fork at that point. He then puts a small kettle that looked like a restored version of the one a Polteageist would inhabit. Careful detailing of Dragonairs were painted onto it, giving it a much more fitting aesthetic of the cafe. He then takes a small teacup, its handle shaped like a dratini, and begins to carry the tray over to the table.

As he places the tray onto the table, he then slides a silver card decorated with the titular Dragonite Maids. A license of mastership at MaiDragonite, with 5 dratini hearts on it. Every time they'd visit, the hearts would be stamped and the Master's tier (and privileges) would be upgraded.

"Now Master, chant with me as we make this tea as delicious for you!" he exclaims, grabbing a cup of brown sugar from the counter.

With a scoop in hand, the green-haired boy opens the kettle lid and starts to shake it in.

"Say it with me Master~ Mix Mix Mix Cutie Mix~ Mix Mix Mix Cutie Mix~ Let this tea be delicious for Master~" He says cutely while using a small spoon. He'd need to grab the milk soon, but this was all part of the process and appeal.

He looked at the boy with hopeful eyes, wanting him to join in on the fun.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #17
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Initially watching the server start the little routine Bobert studders for a second before joining quietly with a flustered face. He appreciated the quieter table but this whole situation was not what he expected.
After the tea ritual, he examines the card and meekly thanks the green-haired boy before awkwardly taking a small bite of what was a really solid cheesecake and giving a little smile that is seen more in the eyes than the face.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #18
Lil'twick
Insanity

Basil watched as his current 'master' awkwardly took a bite of the cheesecake. He looked a bit helpless, and pitiable here. The boy was very obviously out of his element here... though it was kind of cute. To see someone be a deerling in the headlights, overwhelmed by the degeneracy around them. That kind of satisfaction was more than enough for Basil.

"Alright Master~ Let me just put in your milk," the bard stated with a twirl and then went to grab the milk.

A small glass bottle of MooMoo Milk popped open and slowly poured into the kettle. Basil swirled it in until it was a light brown color, making sure there was a perfect ratio there. Once he was satisfied with it, he put the bottle down and looked at the boy next to him.

"Here is your tea," he said with a small smile. Grabbing the teapot, he poured it into a small cup with a tiny plate underneath.

"Drink up. If you need anything else Master, please let me know~" he told the boy, and then headed off to other parts of the cafe. After all, there were new potential customers that he needed to serve here.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-22-2021, 08:00 AM   #19
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Bobert continued to consume his cake and nurse his tea as he got more comfortable remembering that he has a map and pulls it out to look for where he was versus where he was trying to get to. The slight diversion ended up being just what he needed to calm himself more and think things through. As it turns out he was about a street away from his destination.
He placed the map back in his pack and pulled out his wallet and a business card after he was done with the snack calling on the waiter to settle his tab.
Old 02-06-2022, 01:10 PM   #20
Lil'twick
Insanity

Hearing 'his' name called, Basil made his way towards the table. By now, the Shuppet who was possessing his trainer's body was getting bored. He needed a change, a challenge. Serving customer's was more than idle chit-chat. Then again, he could just give the boy his body back. Nah, only if he could do something that could put up a solid fight.

Anywho, he approached the table and retrieved the appropriate items. Taking the tab, and a business card for some reason, he quickly rang it up on the registers. He then brought back the receipt to his customer and thanked the boy in the same saccharine line he always had to tell people. Quite fun, and more than a little drab. Oh well, it was what it was.

He was scheduled for a break anyways. Only two more hours after this, and he could find something more exciting to do. Perhaps go visit the new library with his trainer's beloved Staccato. As tone-deaf as the cactus was, he knew Basil loved the Unovan grass-types to bits. So, perhaps it would be nice to wake up from the Lullaby cast over him with his cactus at his side.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records