UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #151
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

Lil'twick: You just wanted to chill out and go fishing, but life sucks and nothing comes free, and so you have to suffer in order to gain your reward. Wow, meta. The aggression on the line pulled you from your ponderings and nostalgia, and you were suddenly filled with determination. You had lost too often in life that this single moment felt greater than it probably was, that these casual career fishers had no idea how you felt, how your heart burned more intensely than Wisp's flames ever could. You pulled hard, your companion cheering you, and Yuke watched as you fell backwards onto your arse.

Something pink flew overhead, and it landed on the deck a little distance from you, the rod clattering. Your monsters' mouths fall open, the others turning the attention to see what had been trying to reel you in reverse. “Fucking hell, lad, no wonder it had it in for you.” One of the men said, cautiously getting to his feet. Twirling her tendrils, battering lashes above fearsome eyes, was a lady Frillish.

And if its strength was any indication, if the way it looked at you was any hint, it wanted your broken little soul.
A jellyfish that wanted his soul. Huh, would it poison him and drain his ego, until he was her puppet in this world? Wait, that wasn't a Frillish. Frillish dragged sailors of shipwrecks into the depths, drowning them and claiming their souls in the process. Austin scoffed. His soul already belonged to the lost, there was no need to pry it from his living corpse. Wisp would be at a disadvantage, and Yuke sadly couldn't fight off the threat with what he had. Yet, there was a trump card Austin held. It would've been stupid of him to not bring it considering he was going fishing. Grabbing a Pokeball from his belt, Austin tossed it up into the air.

"Parker!" He yelled as the Pokemon emerged from the Pokeball.

The Mareep looked around timidly, a bit unsure of the current situation. He looked at his trainer, and then saw the threat. The Mareep took a sigh of relief. It wasn't that damned Ninetales that always tormented him. The sheep was a docile soul, and didn't really like to fight. Yet, he still was a Pokemon, and the occasional battle didn't hurt. Wisp and Yuke started to let out cheers for their woolen friend, trying to boost his ego and confidence. Austin knew the Mareep worked the best with his Ninetales. even if the two weren't on the best of terms. Yet, Parker never really was able to have his own solo experience. This would be a good learning curve for the little sheep.

"Okay boy, let's start off by ensnaring that Frillish with a Thunder Wave! Let's see how she'd like paralysis. Then fry her with a Shock Wave. If you see an opening to get close, knock her down with as Wild Charge!" Austin ordered, thinking to take advantage of type advantages. Ghost she may be, the Frillish was still a water type! Besides, there was nothing more invigorating than the joy of battle.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #152
Meetan
Soul Badge

Emi: You were so wrapped up in trying to figure out what to do that you hadn’t noticed Remilia being called a spaz. Remi did, though, so she not only used confusion to try and push Shellder into the fire, but she did it out of resentment. It was a strong blast, too, and the boy gasped as his Pokemon finally did hit the flames. It wasn’t very effective, but it rolled itself out and onto its back from fright, and was also now suffering a burn. Remilia gained 1 level!

“Oh no, Shellder! You can do this, just spin yourself upwards, get it together Shell!” The boy cried, and he seemed genuinely concerned for his companion. The flailing Shellder spun, struggling to get itself off the ground, but it managed, doing some acrobatics to get itself the right way up, using its tongue to help. It practically took a whole turn just to sort itself out, and with all of this effort, it was clearly tired. “Don’t worry, we can still do this! Use water gun!”

In the background, Sophia was raising her brows, glancing to the team leader with a condescending expression. Neither of them seemed impressed with the boy’s performance, although the bigger guy was quite happy to watch him fail, at least. Whether or not you’d missed anything important remained to be seen, but Remilia was poised to win this fight so long as the boy didn’t have any aces up his sleeve. What do you do?

PikaGod: You realised that you had to go and find that Ducklett, leaving without so much as a word of gratitude to the two concerned men. Wow, rude. You’d think your job might have drilled at least pretence of manners into you. Still, letting your Pokemon know they’re awesome (the Bounsweet looked unconvinced), you follow the directions given until Speaker spots something ahead: some random healing items dropped in the sand, a small trail of wrappers, other miscellaneaous items like a deodorant can—it’s the trail from the bag that the Ducklett might have left; as well as edges of footprints, and the obvious trail of a dragged bag.

Enthused, the three of you decide to pursue it, taking note of the occasional blue feather that you spot along the way. You don’t need Whismur’s hearing to detect the grumblings of some irritated people crowded round what looked like a sunburnt corpse, mouth hanging dryly open as a small crowd looted them for all they were worth. Another was heading your direction, sort of, picking up the remains of the bag.

“Fucking Ducklett…” The woman complained, scowling as she packed the contents into her own backpack, which looked more expensive than she could afford. The Pokemon itself was nowhere to be found, but there were your culprits. Now, what do you do?[/color]

Sandaa: “Well, I may as well, I’m here!” Masao replied cheerily, obviously not burdened at all by your request. Before you both could talk further, there was a burst of light, and your newest companion made himself known. Unsurprisingly, it was a bit concerned about Feralgatr, but it looked as if the predator was gone, and so the Phanpy returned to its noisy, upbeat self. “Oh, well, sure! I definitely can’t say no now! Right this way!”

The trainer made a gesture to his Drifblim, whose response echoed spookily over the summer wind, and Masao led you both a bit more up the beach before finally delving past the tree line. “Just be careful going through here and let me know if you don’t think you’re dressed well for it. There’s a lot of hidden gems to be found in the Mints, more than we could get to in a day or two, but there’s a reason this place hasn’t ever been civilised. There are a lot of strong Pokemon here, and the terrain can get unpredictable and dangerous, especially when the weather is bad.”

There’s a beauty to be found in that, though. Unlike the beach you had come from, man had yet to spoil this place, and everything had flourished as a result. The sounds of Pokemon were audible all around you, birds singing from their nests and bugs buzzing and the like. Trunks would likely feel very at home in this place, especially if there were more earthy foundations to be discovered. If you had any questions or desires, now was the time to speak up, so long as you could keep up! What do you do?

Rotom10: Of all the places you had thought you might venture, Minnao Isles wasn’t on that list. You were a roamer, one with a turbulent life, and for that being able to just bask in the rays and play your tunes was a break that quite frankly the world owed you. Arietta, your Swablu, was getting some good rest from it, and the glorious sands were a fine alternative to a jail cell.

The area was a tourist trap, though, and even if you had set yourself a bit to the side, there were multiple eyes on your from where said crowds had settled themselves. Heck, a few people had you on record, which probably wasn’t the best for a potential fugitive, but that was that now. One of those eyes included a Pokemon, although you hadn’t noticed it yet, as it had waddled up a bit behind you, derpy expression irate.

Blam! There was a sudden, firey strike that singed blonde bangs and Arietta was flung from her sleepy roost with a shocked squawk. Fluffy wings flapped to gather herself, tidy feathers of azure and snow now awry with sand. Peering beyond the trunk and clump of grass, in the shade, was a rather peeved Lotad who clearly wasn’t fond of your musical choice (or maybe just presence in general, you arrogant little artsy… Thing!). It wants you off its territory, you damn kid, and if you won’t move your pretty little booty, it’ll move it for you. So, what’ll it be?

Lil’twick: Seeing the Frillish land on the wood, you internally had to laugh. Your soul was already forfeit, so pruning it from your animated corpse was likely to cause an ethereal, legal dispute – or maybe tear it in half. Fifty fifty was better than a hundred to zero, right? Focusing more on the battle at hand, you knew that Wisp might have trouble against a watery foe and that Yukie wasn’t really prepared for this sort of fight. Time for your trump card, then.

A third Pokemon on show for the sailors, who had their hands on their poles but their eyes on your prize and the contestants: a Mareep, who bleated as they arrived on the deck. This would be Parker’s first solo show, but you were confident that he had it in the bag, and all of the moves you called were advantageous against a more watery ghost. The little sphere on his tail flashed before consistently lighting up, wool sparking before waves of blue electricity aimed for the Frillish: only for the creature to elegantly twirl out of the way, allowing the sparks to catch along the bars before petering out. Welp. The shock wave was more accurate at least, the Frillish exerting a startled cry, fair smile turning upside down and brows creasing with displeasure.

Parker lowers his head, readying a charge, but the Pokemon prepared her own moves, too. As the ram made for her, its momentum was slowed by an absorb attack, and the blow itself curbed as Parker was struck by a night shade. Both were weak, and the absorb was especially weak next to the damage being done. Both Pokemon were up against the railing until Frillish phased through, swirling off into the middle of the field, prying some more health from the Mareep in the process. The battle appeared to be going in your favour, but appearances can be deceiving… What do you do next?
Old 11-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #153
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: “Well, I may as well, I’m here!” Masao replied cheerily, obviously not burdened at all by your request. Before you both could talk further, there was a burst of light, and your newest companion made himself known. Unsurprisingly, it was a bit concerned about Feralgatr, but it looked as if the predator was gone, and so the Phanpy returned to its noisy, upbeat self. “Oh, well, sure! I definitely can’t say no now! Right this way!”

The trainer made a gesture to his Drifblim, whose response echoed spookily over the summer wind, and Masao led you both a bit more up the beach before finally delving past the tree line. “Just be careful going through here and let me know if you don’t think you’re dressed well for it. There’s a lot of hidden gems to be found in the Mints, more than we could get to in a day or two, but there’s a reason this place hasn’t ever been civilised. There are a lot of strong Pokemon here, and the terrain can get unpredictable and dangerous, especially when the weather is bad.”

There’s a beauty to be found in that, though. Unlike the beach you had come from, man had yet to spoil this place, and everything had flourished as a result. The sounds of Pokemon were audible all around you, birds singing from their nests and bugs buzzing and the like. Trunks would likely feel very at home in this place, especially if there were more earthy foundations to be discovered. If you had any questions or desires, now was the time to speak up, so long as you could keep up! What do you do?
As Masao described the vast possibilities of unexplored places to visit on the island, Gary looked around in awe, trying to take the scenery all in. On one hand he loved exploring all things in and around the ocean, but the very notion of experiencing an entire ecosystem that was untouched by mankind was too much to pass up. Trunks appeared interested in the hike as well, eager to move off of the beach and onto more solid ground.

Upon mentioning his attire, Gary looked at himself up and down. He was still wearing a pair of swimming trunks along with a dry suit t-shirt and a short-sleeved hoodie, all stuff he was comfortable getting wet in. His clothes are good for keeping body warmth in while cold and keeping the body cool when hot, so he was satisfied with what he was wearing for the impending hike. “I think I’ll be fine,” he answered, “But there is one thing I need to grab from my pack.” The entire time they had been walking on the beach, Gary had been barefoot, so he pulled his backpack off one shoulder and swung it around in front of him and retrieved a pair of sneakers. He held the shoes in hand, opting to put them on after they left the sandy beach, because no one wants sand in their shoes.

As they continued to walk, Gary’s mind began to wander, thinking about the myriad of possibilities of things they could encounter on this island. The chirping of birds and buzzing of insects fueled his imagination as he listened to the sounds of the Pokemon in the environment. Masao had mentioned that there was likely rough terrain and strong Pokemon to be found on the island, but he knew that with Trunks and his other Pokemon, he would be ready for whatever was in store. Gary wasn’t really sure what to expect going forward, but he kept an open mind to whatever they encountered. “So, what kind of Pokemon can be found on this island? If it’s this far removed from civilization, I can imagine there’s going to be some unique species to the Minnao Isles.”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #154
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sandaa: Shoes were definitely a good place given the terrain, as one's feet would soon be shredded by the debris of stones, wood splinters, crunchier leaves and whatever else would plague your every step. Light clothing helped fend against the sweltering heat, although the tree canopy's shade did ease that a little compared to the more open beach. Trunks was happier for the change of scenery, too, and felt far safer inland, enjoying the scents that filled his keen nostrils and the familiar sounds of wildlife.

"You can find all sorts of Pokemon here. Fewer species of certain water types, since they tend to prefer the mainland because of the beach, lakes and valleys," Masao began, "But a lot of Pokemon will actually come this way to breed since they know the Pokemon won't disturb them, and there are less Pokemon like Koffing and Grimer this way that sometimes pop up there, but we do have poison types that prefer more foresty environments like bugs, Ekans and Seviper. Grass types and fairy types love it here." He added, "Honestly, I could go on forever. It's so difficult to get a full exploration of this place it's hard to know every single species here, especially with tourists who might release their Pokemon who then go on to breed, this kind of data changes all the--"

Bang! Trunks stopped dead in his tracks, trumpeting from shock. It was hard to know the exact distance that the noise came from, but the sound of what might have been a gunshot rang across the woodland; echoing from miles around. "Drifblim, are you alright?!" Masao shouted out, voice surprisingly loud, "... Drifblim? Drifblim!" He was obviously expecting some kind of signal or answer, if not for the ghost type to make its presence known to the three of you, and the guide's expression changed to something of worry. "Poachers can be a problem here, though. A lot of them get lost and learn their lesson, but they still cause some damage before they get caught and make these Pokemon even more wary or hostile of humans. I'm sorry, I know you came here for a pleasant tour but that's going to have to wait. Feel free to explore the coast or not go too far inland without me, alright? But it might be safer to go somewhere else for now and I'll make it up to you later."

What do you do?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #155
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: Shoes were definitely a good place given the terrain, as one's feet would soon be shredded by the debris of stones, wood splinters, crunchier leaves and whatever else would plague your every step. Light clothing helped fend against the sweltering heat, although the tree canopy's shade did ease that a little compared to the more open beach. Trunks was happier for the change of scenery, too, and felt far safer inland, enjoying the scents that filled his keen nostrils and the familiar sounds of wildlife.

"You can find all sorts of Pokemon here. Fewer species of certain water types, since they tend to prefer the mainland because of the beach, lakes and valleys," Masao began, "But a lot of Pokemon will actually come this way to breed since they know the Pokemon won't disturb them, and there are less Pokemon like Koffing and Grimer this way that sometimes pop up there, but we do have poison types that prefer more foresty environments like bugs, Ekans and Seviper. Grass types and fairy types love it here." He added, "Honestly, I could go on forever. It's so difficult to get a full exploration of this place it's hard to know every single species here, especially with tourists who might release their Pokemon who then go on to breed, this kind of data changes all the--"

Bang! Trunks stopped dead in his tracks, trumpeting from shock. It was hard to know the exact distance that the noise came from, but the sound of what might have been a gunshot rang across the woodland; echoing from miles around. "Drifblim, are you alright?!" Masao shouted out, voice surprisingly loud, "... Drifblim? Drifblim!" He was obviously expecting some kind of signal or answer, if not for the ghost type to make its presence known to the three of you, and the guide's expression changed to something of worry. "Poachers can be a problem here, though. A lot of them get lost and learn their lesson, but they still cause some damage before they get caught and make these Pokemon even more wary or hostile of humans. I'm sorry, I know you came here for a pleasant tour but that's going to have to wait. Feel free to explore the coast or not go too far inland without me, alright? But it might be safer to go somewhere else for now and I'll make it up to you later."

What do you do?
As they walked through the underbrush of the forest, Gary could feel the humid atmosphere all around them, as if it were almost tangible. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and listened closely as Masao described the variation of Pokemon species found on this small and isolated island compared to the larger civilized one. The Mints were also frequently used as a breeding ground for a number of species of Pokemon; likely migrating to the island so they could reproduce in peace without any disturbances from mankind.

As if on cue, a loud bang permeated the air as the trainers and Trunks stopped in their tracks. The Phanpy let out a startled trumpet from his trunk and Masao became a little frantic. Gary had a feeling he already knew what was going on, but upon Masao’s confirmation of the word “Poachers” he turned serious. His disposition shifted out of his laid back observatory manner and back into that of an outgoing Pokemon trainer, like he had on the beach with the Feraligatr. Masao apologized for cutting the exploration tour short but promised to make it up to Gary later, adding that he should hang back and not wander too far off.

“Is there anything we can do to help?” he asked, knowing that two Pokemon trainers is twice as good as one. Trunks nodded quickly eager to help as well, but his body language was contradicted by him closely hiding behind Gary’s leg. Gary would go with whatever Masao decided; respecting his authority on the island, so if Masao told him to stay out of it he would. If Masao didn’t need his help then he would probably just explore the coastline not too far away from here.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-14-2017, 07:49 PM   #156
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sandaa: Masao was indeed frantic. Unlike other incidents of this kind, with his Drifblim possibly caught in the fray, this felt a lot more urgent and personal than any other case he might have ever needed to deal with. The tour guide's mind was reeling, but your voice helped to pull him back and assess the situation (or what little was known of it) more pragmatically. He had to weigh the potential dangers you would be in versus how this could turn out if he went off alone.

“I normally wouldn't be so sure, but seeing how you handled the Feralgatr so well back on the mainland and even brought it here, I think-- I'd like you to come along.” He sighed, running a tan hand through bright hair, which was going to be drenched with sweat from nerves as well as the temperature at this rate, “You're welcome to go back as soon as you want out and I'll take you or have one of my Pokemon guide you back, understand? And if this gets out of hand I demand you leave. I won't have your blood on my hands along with whatever else could be hurt out there...”

Like Drifblim. Masao cleared his throat and turned his attention to the cowering Phanpy. The man could relate to the feeling, although seeing his now-partner's Pokemon like that didn't add much confidence to the decision he had made. “Do you think your Phanpy or another Pokemon could try and track the scent and sound of where the poachers might be? It could help us find them faster.”

It wasn't off to the sands with you yet. What do you do?
Old 11-16-2017, 04:03 AM   #157
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: Masao was indeed frantic. Unlike other incidents of this kind, with his Drifblim possibly caught in the fray, this felt a lot more urgent and personal than any other case he might have ever needed to deal with. The tour guide's mind was reeling, but your voice helped to pull him back and assess the situation (or what little was known of it) more pragmatically. He had to weigh the potential dangers you would be in versus how this could turn out if he went off alone.

“I normally wouldn't be so sure, but seeing how you handled the Feralgatr so well back on the mainland and even brought it here, I think-- I'd like you to come along.” He sighed, running a tan hand through bright hair, which was going to be drenched with sweat from nerves as well as the temperature at this rate, “You're welcome to go back as soon as you want out and I'll take you or have one of my Pokemon guide you back, understand? And if this gets out of hand I demand you leave. I won't have your blood on my hands along with whatever else could be hurt out there...”

Like Drifblim. Masao cleared his throat and turned his attention to the cowering Phanpy. The man could relate to the feeling, although seeing his now-partner's Pokemon like that didn't add much confidence to the decision he had made. “Do you think your Phanpy or another Pokemon could try and track the scent and sound of where the poachers might be? It could help us find them faster.”

It wasn't off to the sands with you yet. What do you do?
Gary smiled bashfully as Masao brought up his previous handling of the Feraligatr situation, citing it to request his help in their current predicament. His nerves seemed to have calmed down a bit, though he was still uneasy about what they were about to get themselves into. Gary never fancied himself a hero or anything of the sort, but thinking about what might happen if this man were to charge in by himself, he couldn’t allow that to happen to Masao. “Don’t worry, we’re here too! We’ve got numbers on our side, right Trunks?”

The cowering Phanpy looked up at his new trainer, and upon sensing his confidence calmed down a bit as well. Trunks stepped forward and nodded, giving another small trumpet from his trunk. Masao cleared his throat and asked if Gary had any ideas on how they could track the poachers, by sound or by scent. Gary grinned and crouched down, rubbing Trunks softly on the head. “Of course! This little guy right here is all ears and nose, so I don’t think that will be an issue.” Trunks smiled and nodded once again, waving his small namesake in the air.

“Okay Trunks, that’s the spirit!” Gary called out, standing back up. “Let’s use your trunk to Sleuth out any Odors and put those ears of yours to the test as well!” Trunks nodded and put his trunk to the ground, ready to pick up any scents while his ears perked up, acting like satellite dishes to detects sounds from all directions. Gary grinned and gave Masao a thumbs up, ready to follow his Phanpy and his guide.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 11-21-2017, 06:12 AM   #158
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sandaa: You didn't think of yourself as a hero, but not all heroes wore capes, and that aside, you simply couldn't let Masao get into trouble. In The Mints, if he ended up isolated and injured with no way to contact anyone, he might never be found. That was how the place seemed to be painted, anyway. On a more optimistic note, Trunks was all ears and nose, so you at least had a plan for tracking.

“Thank goodness. Alright,” The first phrase was breathed with some relief. Masao was clearly concerned for his Drifblim. “Lead the way, then, little guy,” He encouraged of the vocal elephant. Still clearly considering himself a guardian of sorts, he made sure to stay less than a full step behind Trunks and a bit in front of you, eyes peeled for any unexpected signs of trouble. The Phanpy's eyes were narrowed with strong focus, rustling footsteps stomping into the muck. This strength seemed to peter a bit as you all advanced, however.

His floppy ears were twitching actively, signs that the male had definitely detected something, but the Pokemon reeled a little in disgust as his snout took in some kind of foul scent. It was the gunpowder, not that your human noses could smell it so strongly, and perhaps whatever else these creeps were handling. In time, there was sound of the villains in question, and Masao froze and placed a hand on Trunks to do the same. The guide didn't want your movements to be overheard and notify the tracked to your presence, and he gestured for the pair of you to move to a spot that was concealed. He did the same with slowness, inching over to a thick tree trunk a tiny bit ahead where there might be a view of what was going on.

“-- Well, the ghost belongs to someone.” A woman's voice said plainly. Through the foliage, her figure was tall, hair tied into a practical top knot. She had some muscle and was dressed for the mission in light camouflage coverage, “Not that it matters. We'll find some kind of buyer anyway, and if we break the bond or breed with it we'll make even more money.”
“Yeah. Well, at least that explains what a Pokemon like that was doing around here. It's not like there are kids to snatch.” A light, but more masculine tone returned. He was slightly shorter than his partner, but looked just as tough. “I know the Mints are meant to house rare Pokemon, but even I thought that was random.”

Splayed out a little bit behind them was the Drifblim, form forced down onto the ground and contained in some kind of energy field. Masao's teeth were gritted, and he looked torn on what to do next. You both had equal number in humans, but there was no telling what kind of Pokemon or other gadgets they carried at this time. What would you do?
Old 11-23-2017, 04:21 PM   #159
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
EpicSquirtle: There were plenty of places to explore in the Fizzytopia region, but this one was perfect for the time of year and less treacherous for a trainer of your calibre. What you lacked in experience, though, you made up for with uniqueness: a talking Snover accompanied yourself and the cute little Sewaddle (or more accurately, a Snover who spoke in the common tongue). Benny probably wasn't enjoying this jaunt as much as you and the bug, though-- the valley's shady areas provided some respite, but heat wasn't exactly best for a winter tree.

The three of you lazily follow the map held in the branches of the dual-type, hoping to find something of intrigue. This was a special place for many trainers near your age and stage of adventuring, as the Blue Valley was the root of many lifelong friendships. It's an area, too, of some beauty and serenity, the type of place that one would remember fondly in their old age from momentous occasions and vacation days. Wait, scratch the serenity, some kid's crying. It is a resort island (ish) in summer (maybe), what did anyone expect?

“Help me! Someone help m-- give that back, that's mine!” Up ahead, the three of you overheard the desperate, panicked crying of a small girl. Something was up, obviously, but was it really worth ruining your good day for? Really?

As the trio continued their walk through the Blue Valley, Anna couldn't help but glance in Benny's direction.
It wasn't until now that she realized just how warm it was today. Though she herself didn't mind one bit, Anna couldn't help but feel concerned for her Snover.
Was the heat uncomfortable for the Ice type? Or had he not even noticed at all?

It wasn't like she could ask Benny either. Though she had only obtained the Snover rather recently, Anna had quickly learned that Benny almost never complained.
Even if the Snover was feeling rather uncomfortable, she knew he would almost certainly deny it.

''Sew? Sewaddle?'' Leif questioned, noticing that his trainer seemed rather distracted.

''Leif is asking if you're doing ok.'' Benny quickly translated, his focus now on Anna.

''I'm fine. I was just thinking about something.'' Anna replied.
''Anyway we should focus on the scenery, you never know when we might find something super cool.'' Anna added, more of a reminder to herself then Leif or Benny.

It was then that the sound of crying reached the trio, dashing any of their earlier plans.

''Someones in trouble! We've got to help them!'' Anna exclaimed, upon hearing the panicked cries.

''I agree.'' Benny replied, giving his trainer a small nod.

''Waddle....'' Leif murmured, sounding rather reluctant to help.

Opting to ignore the Sewaddle, Anna instead began to run towards the source of the noise. Benny began to follow as well, trying his best keep up with his trainer.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #160
Meetan
Soul Badge

EpicSquirtle: Your Pokemon noticed how distracted you were. Given all of their enhanced powers and senses, it wasn't really a surprise that most of them could detect a change in health or mood, but you denied that anything was wrong. How could you possibly heal Benny's own bad habits if you had one that was exactly the same? Doing as you said and not as you do, clearly, but there would need to be another time for that. Right now it was a heroic moment.

Benny was not the fastest of Pokemon, but he hurried after you, Leif incredibly unimpressed. He came here to have fun, and here you were, being a responsible and decent human being. What to do with you? Hurrying through the forest, it wasn't long before you found another human being. This one was tinier than you, lavender hair tied into pigtails, the twin splits messy and partially resting on a fancy pink sundress. She had a Teddiursa backpack partially opened and hanging off one tanned shoulder, and was currently in tears.

“Please help me, miss! That Pokemon-- there was a Pokemon, and it stole my food and some of my things!” She begged, face flush. If you looked ahead and upwards, there was something rustling the branches and making rather proud, smug and delighted calls. Well, this was one way to encounter a (hopefully) wild Pokemon. What do you do?
Old 11-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #161
EpicSquirtle

Quote:
EpicSquirtle: Your Pokemon noticed how distracted you were. Given all of their enhanced powers and senses, it wasn't really a surprise that most of them could detect a change in health or mood, but you denied that anything was wrong. How could you possibly heal Benny's own bad habits if you had one that was exactly the same? Doing as you said and not as you do, clearly, but there would need to be another time for that. Right now it was a heroic moment.

Benny was not the fastest of Pokemon, but he hurried after you, Leif incredibly unimpressed. He came here to have fun, and here you were, being a responsible and decent human being. What to do with you? Hurrying through the forest, it wasn't long before you found another human being. This one was tinier than you, lavender hair tied into pigtails, the twin splits messy and partially resting on a fancy pink sundress. She had a Teddiursa backpack partially opened and hanging off one tanned shoulder, and was currently in tears.

“Please help me, miss! That Pokemon-- there was a Pokemon, and it stole my food and some of my things!” She begged, face flush. If you looked ahead and upwards, there was something rustling the branches and making rather proud, smug and delighted calls. Well, this was one way to encounter a (hopefully) wild Pokemon. What do you do?
Racing through the forest, Anna was quick to find the source of the noise. A small girl
with lavender hair and messy pigtails, currently crying.

Anna gave the girl a concerned look, and was about to ask just what had happened, when the girl answered for her.

From what Anna could gather, a Pokémon had come along, snatching the crying girls food and other things.

''It's going to be ok. I'll get your stuff back.'' Anna said, trying her best to reassure the girl.

"Yes. Just leave it to us." Benny added.

"Sew..." Leif murmured.

Anna smiled. She wasn't so sure about Leif, but she was happy to hear that Benny was up for the task.

With their combined eyesight, it didn't take long before Benny pointed a branch up and infront of them.

Following where Benny was pointing, Anna's eyes widened slightly at the sight of rustling branches.
That wasn't all though. Whatever was causing the rustling, was also letting out what sounded like delighted...or even smug calls.

''Found you.'' Anna muttered.

Now the only problem was...how was she going to get up there? The young trainer certainly wasn't wearing appropriate clothing for tree climbing, and Benny wasn't exactly a great climber.
The only one that could potentially climb up there was Leif, and Anna had her doubts on how well the Sewaddle would fare up there.

Of course! If she couldn't get to the Pokémon, then Anna would just have to bring it to her!

A Razor Leaf should be enough to provoke it. The young trainer reasoned.

But just before Anna gave Benny the orders, she stopped, doubt starting to set in. What if the attack caused the Pokémon to take off with all the stuff? She needed a backup plan.

Racking her brain for answers, it wasn't long before Anna came up with what she thought to be the best course of action.

"Benny, I want you to use Razor Leaf on whatever Pokémon is in there." Anna ordered.

"Alright." The Snover nodded.

"As for you Leif." Anna added, addressing the Sewaddle on her shoulder.
''If whatever pops out of there tries to get away, I want you to try and stop it with String Shot."

"Sewaddle." Leif replied, giving his trainer a brief nod.

As Anna waited to see what would happen, she couldn't help but worry. She hoped she had made the right choice.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:49 AM   #162
Meetan
Soul Badge

EpicSquirtle: Spotting the girl, you gave her a concerned look and immediately went to comfort her. Both you and Benny assured the child that you would get her things back, which probably only served to make Leif feel less keen. After all, what if you put in effort only to fail? That'd be embarrassing and awkward, but here y'all were, in it for the long haul.

The Snover found your prey first, and you quickly took note of this foe's arrogance. There was a chance that it could flee or turn out to be more dangerous than anticipated and wreck you, but you were committed to the cause now and had to figure out how to get up to that height. Or better, down to you.

The girl moved back a little ways, stepping aside as she watched the ice type fling a set of leaves from its dark green branches. Whatever the creature was, it didn't seem to care for the attack all that much. The string shot, however, was another story. Against all odds of accuracy, Leif had managed to catch whatever the enemy was in his firm string. Determination filled Leif's eyes, the bug giving a tug, and then... Horror.

Whatever it was tugged back, harder, and Leif cried out as he left the safety of the ground to be pulled haphazardly through the trees. “Oh, no!” The girl cried out, terrified for its fate as Leif too sounded out in fear. It sounded like the bug hadn't gone too far, but whatever it was was now laughing and moving further away. What do you do?
Old 11-30-2017, 10:52 PM   #163
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: You didn't think of yourself as a hero, but not all heroes wore capes, and that aside, you simply couldn't let Masao get into trouble. In The Mints, if he ended up isolated and injured with no way to contact anyone, he might never be found. That was how the place seemed to be painted, anyway. On a more optimistic note, Trunks was all ears and nose, so you at least had a plan for tracking.

“Thank goodness. Alright,” The first phrase was breathed with some relief. Masao was clearly concerned for his Drifblim. “Lead the way, then, little guy,” He encouraged of the vocal elephant. Still clearly considering himself a guardian of sorts, he made sure to stay less than a full step behind Trunks and a bit in front of you, eyes peeled for any unexpected signs of trouble. The Phanpy's eyes were narrowed with strong focus, rustling footsteps stomping into the muck. This strength seemed to peter a bit as you all advanced, however.

His floppy ears were twitching actively, signs that the male had definitely detected something, but the Pokemon reeled a little in disgust as his snout took in some kind of foul scent. It was the gunpowder, not that your human noses could smell it so strongly, and perhaps whatever else these creeps were handling. In time, there was sound of the villains in question, and Masao froze and placed a hand on Trunks to do the same. The guide didn't want your movements to be overheard and notify the tracked to your presence, and he gestured for the pair of you to move to a spot that was concealed. He did the same with slowness, inching over to a thick tree trunk a tiny bit ahead where there might be a view of what was going on.

“-- Well, the ghost belongs to someone.” A woman's voice said plainly. Through the foliage, her figure was tall, hair tied into a practical top knot. She had some muscle and was dressed for the mission in light camouflage coverage, “Not that it matters. We'll find some kind of buyer anyway, and if we break the bond or breed with it we'll make even more money.”
“Yeah. Well, at least that explains what a Pokemon like that was doing around here. It's not like there are kids to snatch.” A light, but more masculine tone returned. He was slightly shorter than his partner, but looked just as tough. “I know the Mints are meant to house rare Pokemon, but even I thought that was random.”

Splayed out a little bit behind them was the Drifblim, form forced down onto the ground and contained in some kind of energy field. Masao's teeth were gritted, and he looked torn on what to do next. You both had equal number in humans, but there was no telling what kind of Pokemon or other gadgets they carried at this time. What would you do?
With Trunks’ super sleuthing senses, Gary and Masao followed the small elephant through the woods in search of the nearby poachers. As shown by the look of disgust on Trunks’ face, the Phanpy was able to pick up the foul smell of gunpowder, which allowed the two trainers to be able to creep up through the foliage unseen. As they spied on the unwelcome visitors from afar, Gary noticed Masao’s Drifblim had apparently been captured by the poachers.

As the leader of their group, a military-looking middle aged woman, spoke, she contemplated the price they could fetch for selling Masao’s Drifblim on the black market. Gary glanced over at Masao, seeing the visible frustration and anger over the state of his Pokemon. He gave Masao a reassuring pat on the shoulder, hoping to convey that his guide’s Pokemon wasn’t going to be taken anywhere if he had anything to say about it.

Turning his attention back to the Drifblim, he saw that it was tied down by some kind of energy field. If he were to free it, he would need to take out the energy source somehow first. He reached down and pulled out a Premier Ball- the one that contained his expert in stealth in Scurvy the Aipom. As the ball popped open, the Aipom appeared and started up at his trainer with a big energetic grin. “Okay Scurvy,” Gary began with a whisper, “I’ve got another mission for you. Use the canopy of the trees as cover to sneak up and scope out these poachers up ahead. Look to see if there’s anything we can use to shut down that Drifblim’s containment field and if you are able to snag anything useful like weapons or keys undetected, I know you’re an expert Thief. Got it?” Scurvy continued to grin and quickly nodded his head. He promptly saluted and whispered back, “Ai ai!”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 12-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #164
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:

Lil’twick: Seeing the Frillish land on the wood, you internally had to laugh. Your soul was already forfeit, so pruning it from your animated corpse was likely to cause an ethereal, legal dispute – or maybe tear it in half. Fifty fifty was better than a hundred to zero, right? Focusing more on the battle at hand, you knew that Wisp might have trouble against a watery foe and that Yukie wasn’t really prepared for this sort of fight. Time for your trump card, then.

A third Pokemon on show for the sailors, who had their hands on their poles but their eyes on your prize and the contestants: a Mareep, who bleated as they arrived on the deck. This would be Parker’s first solo show, but you were confident that he had it in the bag, and all of the moves you called were advantageous against a more watery ghost. The little sphere on his tail flashed before consistently lighting up, wool sparking before waves of blue electricity aimed for the Frillish: only for the creature to elegantly twirl out of the way, allowing the sparks to catch along the bars before petering out. Welp. The shock wave was more accurate at least, the Frillish exerting a startled cry, fair smile turning upside down and brows creasing with displeasure.

Parker lowers his head, readying a charge, but the Pokemon prepared her own moves, too. As the ram made for her, its momentum was slowed by an absorb attack, and the blow itself curbed as Parker was struck by a night shade. Both were weak, and the absorb was especially weak next to the damage being done. Both Pokemon were up against the railing until Frillish phased through, swirling off into the middle of the field, prying some more health from the Mareep in the process. The battle appeared to be going in your favour, but appearances can be deceiving… What do you do next?

Austin watched as the Frillish played a more defensive game, preferring to drain out Parker's health with Absorb and using Night Shade as a way to slow his physical advances. At this point, though, it seemed that he held the advantage. Though, he knew that wouldn't hold unless he pushed it. He had the type advantage, but Parker's level might be on par with the Frillish. If that was the case... this might be a more fair fight for the jellyfish than the teen originally realized. He had to act fast though, he was at a huge disadvantage in terms of the terrain.

"Okay Parker, let's keep up the assault! Lace the air around you with a Cotton Spore! If she wants to try and get close, she'll get significantly slowed doing so... Now then, let's continue using Shock Wave! If we're having to do a range battle, that's our best option... Then one last Shock Wave," Austin ordered, watching the sheep's breath as he gave his orders.

He looked back to see Wisp and Yuke starting to cheer for their friend. That would be a good morale boost for Parker, and due to his more docile nature a gentle push might be what he needs to fight at his full potential. Austin started to chew on his left thumbnail, trying to plan ahead based on what the wild Pokemon would do in response to his actions. That beautiful siren of the sea... using her looks and arms to drag sailors to their deaths. He knew what he'd call her, if he could prove his worth and catch her.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 12-09-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #165
EpicSquirtle

Quote:
EpicSquirtle: Spotting the girl, you gave her a concerned look and immediately went to comfort her. Both you and Benny assured the child that you would get her things back, which probably only served to make Leif feel less keen. After all, what if you put in effort only to fail? That'd be embarrassing and awkward, but here y'all were, in it for the long haul.

The Snover found your prey first, and you quickly took note of this foe's arrogance. There was a chance that it could flee or turn out to be more dangerous than anticipated and wreck you, but you were committed to the cause now and had to figure out how to get up to that height. Or better, down to you.

The girl moved back a little ways, stepping aside as she watched the ice type fling a set of leaves from its dark green branches. Whatever the creature was, it didn't seem to care for the attack all that much. The string shot, however, was another story. Against all odds of accuracy, Leif had managed to catch whatever the enemy was in his firm string. Determination filled Leif's eyes, the bug giving a tug, and then... Horror.

Whatever it was tugged back, harder, and Leif cried out as he left the safety of the ground to be pulled haphazardly through the trees. “Oh, no!” The girl cried out, terrified for its fate as Leif too sounded out in fear. It sounded like the bug hadn't gone too far, but whatever it was was now laughing and moving further away. What do you do?
Following his trainer's orders, Benny fired off several sharp leaves towards the enemy. But whatever lurked in the branches, seemed not to care for the assault.

Following in Benny's footsteps, Leif let out a small cry, before spewing a line of sticky silk at the hidden Pokemon.
Unlike Benny, Leif's attack seemed to be much more effective, and by some miracle, the Sewaddle had managed to latch onto the enemy!

"I think Leif's got something." Benny observed.

"Alright, way to go!" Anna exclaimed. "Now let's pull whatever it is to us!"

Leif didn't have to be told twice! With a look of determination, the sewing Pokemon gave the line a firm tug! But whatever was on the other end, pulled harder!

"Waddle!" Leif cried as he was pulled through the trees.

"Leif!" Anna called out, visibly worried for her partner's safety.

If things weren't already bad enough, whatever was in the branches appeared to be laughing, while also moving further away!

"Well that didn't go too well." Benny said, giving his trainer a concerned glance.

"Yeah..." Anna murmured, her attention clearly elsewhere.

"What do we purpose we do then?" The Snover questioned.

"Umm...we should find Leif first." The young trainer replied.

"Alright." Benny nodded.

"But while we do that, I've got another idea." Anna said, slipping her backpack of her back. After opening the bag a small bit, the young trainer
returned the pack to her back, before flashing her Snover a smile.

"If that thief likes stealing from peoples bags, then this should get it's attention." Anna explained.

"Smart thinking." The frost tree Pokemon replied.

"Mhmm. Now, if you spot our little friend, I want you to try a Powder Snow attack this time." Anna said.

Receiving a nod from the Snover, Anna slowly began to search for Leif, occasionally giving her backpack a small shake.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #166
Lil'twick
Insanity

Meetan:

The Lapras started to shrink back at first, uneasy with all of the attention it was getting. It seemed uneasy, most likely anticipating a negative response from your group. Being a Shiny Pokemon must be hard in the wild. The different colorization can be seen as an debilitating pigment mutation. While there was beauty within it, it must also be a flashing symbol for both predators and poachers a like. And this Lapras seemed all to use to that life. A life of running and hiding, not being able to even confide in its peers. Ostracized due to how dangerous standing out would be within the pack. This Lapras knew it all. So it made sense it would be a bit wary.

However, when Lorin started to comfort the Lapras, its mood started to brighten a bit. It seemed calmer, and started to listen to your words. It didn't seem to fully understand what you were saying, but you could tell it was thinking over what you were saying. You could see the Pokemon perk up when you said sweets, and it made a low hum in excitement. The Pokemon was most likely hungry, after all. It seemed that the Transport Pokemon hasn't been able to eat recently, so food might be the best option. After all, it was safer for now to stay isolated in this cove so predators didn't come looking for it.

"We need to get that harpoon out..." Lauren started to speak up. "Yet, it seems that the wound is still fresh. If we take it out too hastily, the Lapras might flee. Also, I'm worried that the harpoon actually helped stop blood loss. Meaning we need to seal the wound quickly after we take out the harpoon. The last thing we need is a predator to be attracted here by the scent of blood. However we remove the harpoon, be ready to act fast. I don't have a good feeling about this."

Your Lotad seemed to echo your companion's worries. He let otu a small, worried cry and hopped onto the Lapras's back. The larger Pokemon seemed to wince in pain at first, but didn't flee. Perhaps the presence of the Lotad was comforting to it, somehow. It then moved its neck towards you, with its mouth open. It seemed ready for you to help it, as long as you gave the Lapras food first. This would be tricky, and you started to feel something was watching you guys. Whatever it was, you knew you needed to act fast as soon as you got the harpoon out.

What do you do?

Ironthunder:

Besides your Shuppet, you and your team started to regret your actions against the Barboach. The poor fish seemed to only want to play with you, and wasn't expecting a large onslaught of grass-typed attacks. You started to wonder if you were softer on the little fish, maybe things would be different. However, this was the course of action you decided to take. Every trainer makes mistakes when they first start out, it's only natural. This one was overestimating the intentions of a wild Pokemon. After all, it was only a small Barboach. It wasn't like it was a Whiscash or anything.

Just then, you felt the ground starting to shake. You and your Pokemon quickly huddled together to try and make sure none of you fell over. Your could see something staring to surface in the water, and waited with baited breaths. The shaking soon stopped, and you soon saw what surfaced. It was the same Barboach as before. It looked horribly battered and bruised, and the look on its face was that of pure anger. Yet, such a small Pokemon couldn't have caused to shake as bad as it did. Just then, a large shadow jumped out of the water, and landed in front of the Barboach. It was a Whiscash, a very pissed off one. It seemed that the Barboach told its mother what happened to it, and boy was its mom pissed. The Whiscash stared directly at you, her gaze like daggers. It charged up an orb of water within its mouth, and launched a pulsating Water Pulse directly at you. You barely move out of the way in time. It seems you weren't getting off the hook that easily for your actions, and the only option was to fight back.

what do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 12-28-2017, 07:05 PM   #167
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Ironthunder:

Besides your Shuppet, you and your team started to regret your actions against the Barboach. The poor fish seemed to only want to play with you, and wasn't expecting a large onslaught of grass-typed attacks. You started to wonder if you were softer on the little fish, maybe things would be different. However, this was the course of action you decided to take. Every trainer makes mistakes when they first start out, it's only natural. This one was overestimating the intentions of a wild Pokemon. After all, it was only a small Barboach. It wasn't like it was a Whiscash or anything.

Just then, you felt the ground starting to shake. You and your Pokemon quickly huddled together to try and make sure none of you fell over. Your could see something staring to surface in the water, and waited with baited breaths. The shaking soon stopped, and you soon saw what surfaced. It was the same Barboach as before. It looked horribly battered and bruised, and the look on its face was that of pure anger. Yet, such a small Pokemon couldn't have caused to shake as bad as it did. Just then, a large shadow jumped out of the water, and landed in front of the Barboach. It was a Whiscash, a very pissed off one. It seemed that the Barboach told its mother what happened to it, and boy was its mom pissed. The Whiscash stared directly at you, her gaze like daggers. It charged up an orb of water within its mouth, and launched a pulsating Water Pulse directly at you. You barely move out of the way in time. It seems you weren't getting off the hook that easily for your actions, and the only option was to fight back.

what do you do?
This was not going very well for any of them. In her moment of brief respite, the Barboach had returned, this time with a family member. Likely mother. Whiscash was a big fucker, and strong too. The last thing she needed was for the catfish to screw everything up. What happened to the nice, pleasant lakeside picnic she'd come for?

Her squad on the other hand, was lamenting the lack of a picnic much less, and were instead readying themselves for round 2. Their Trainer was under attack, and they weren't going to sit there while she got battered. Hope led the onslaught, using her Telekinesis to lift the catfish from the water, checking to see if it spat up a magic coin or something else of value as she dragged it onto land. Legends said that catfish did that sometimes. Meanwhile, Kaitlyn and Anna were back in business. The vengeful assault on her Trainer had shocked Kaitlyn out of her misery, and now she was ready to protect her friends, the two Grass types summoning the Power of Nature so smite the fish while it was stricken in midair. Caeda, protective as ever, screeched with fury that anything had been insolent enough as to attack her Trainer, and dived in for the assault, blowing an Icy Wind at the Ground type before slamming into it with a Brave Bird, hopefully knocking it to shore, while the Grass types loosed another pair of Nature Powers at it, using the grassy verge underfoot to their advantage. Meanwhile, Calem flipped into action rather acrobatically due to his bunny suit, preparing to fire an Ice Beam at the miscreant, followed by another should things get hairy. Individually, they were great fighters. A cohesive unit? ...Not so much.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #168
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
[size=1
134: Considering you work in the Adoption Centre, and manage most if not all of it no less, the fact that you consider yourself a bird keeper and lack a bloody falconer's glove is tragic. If you think the narrator is going to let this go, you're dead wrong, but nevermind, there's something else to make fun of you over. Your Pokemon were practically playing charades, but their game was weaker than all circles of Hell, and it took three of them-- and most appropriately, a Houndoom – to convey /something/. You got the impression of smoke, which suggested something good, and off you went recklessly. Kai knew you were trouble the moment you rocked up.

The cawing continued, sounding like a Rowlet, but it had also changed. There was a second voice now, following you through the brush eerily. The foliage rustled and ruffled, and the the quadrupeds got the distinct impression that you were being hunted. Even Uhane was unsettled, because the Rowlet that it heard was not another Rowlet, but like an echo of itself-- if itself could twist the echoes into different words. Were these mysterious islands haunted? Was the smoke conjured by Litwick lines or Mismagius to lure you to your deaths? Uhane's claws dug into your shoulders, as if trying to press on an emergency brake. If you stopped to listen, between the other Rowlet, you heard another voice.

You heard yourself.

Please. Stop. No further. Hurt. Trouble. Death. People. No. Minnao. Dangerous.

Your and your Rowlet, but not you and your Rowlet, called out brokenly. The exact sentences were lost in the wind and the sounds of nature, the exact direction difficult to pin, but the meaning was easy enough to follow. Kai wasn't even surprised that you got yourself into such a precarious mess, but the question now was... Do you turn back, or do you use your last ten hours to laugh in the face of danger, and take more stress-related years off your Vaporeon's life?
[/size]

Well, that was unsettling.

Tate halted in the middle of the forest, listening to the eerie cries. It took a while for the trainer to recognize that it was, in fact, one's own voice echoing through the trees -- we all hear our own voices differently, after all -- but at some point it did in fact dawn on Tate.

Now, Tate did not have a strong constitution when it came to spooky stuff. Horror movies were a favored genre, sure, but that didn't mean they didn't freak the little wuss out. This was, in fact, an upsetting development. The thing is, though, when you're ostensibly alone on a jungle island, far away from help or civilization, getting freaked out is the antithesis to survival. Moreover, Tate could rationalize like a pro.

"It's... a Chatot," Tate decided, resolutely. "They live in the tropics. Yeah. Just some... silly birds..."

Kai looked unconvinced and unhappy, especially when Tate began walking again. Perhaps to establish a massive, muscular, sharp-toothed meat shield, Tate dropped back a bit and allowed Pouli to take the lead, which she did happily, sniffing at all the strange new smells and generally undeterred in her naivety. Uhane found herself mushed against her trainer's chest like a stuffed animal, which she neither appreciated nor fought, resigning herself to her fate in the death grip of Tate. Onward the four of them pressed, into the forest and towards the warning cries, Tate repeating a quiet mantra with each step.

It was just a Chatot.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 12-31-2017, 04:40 PM   #169
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sandaa: You patted Masao's shoulder to comfort him, hoping to ease his upset. He flinched, but it was only out of surprise. He had tunnel vision over his Drifblim and it had made him easily startled – although not noisily, to your relief. Trying to be quiet, you release Scurvy the Aipom, and the Ranger listens to your orders. He looks a bit impressed – and Trunks is intrigued by the sight of another teammate. The elephant watches the monkey's adorable salute, and sees it bounce away on many limbs up into the trees, soon out of sight despite his distinctly purple and cream fur.

All you can do then is wait and listen.

“... If we separate too far from each other, we could end up getting lost. And having flares is fine, but if we set one off we might attract attention from the mainland.” The man reasoned, his friend sighing in resignation.
“Yeah, you're right, but I can't be bothered to haul this thing everywhere. It's going to get caught on everything.” She complained miserably.
“Well, we'll load it up, and have one or two of our Pokemon follow a short distance behind. Or get one of them to pull it. Then we don't startle any prey, they can track, it's all simple. Just awkward terrain. And even if someone's out here, all that means if that if they show up... More for us.” Both of them broke into a sinister grin, minds racing at the thought of conflict and the profit they would make from it.
“Nobody to hear 'em scream out here.”
“Nobody.”

Masao felt a pit in his stomach, the man starting to shake with fear and rage. He was far more tempted to dive in than to run for himself, but before he could do either, Scurvy had returned. It held some kind of oval-shaped stone in its tail-hand as well as what looked like a knife and a plastic card set in its cheshire teeth. He looked rather proud of himself, but Masao was more worried Aipom might cut himself. The thief was eager for praise, but all the movement had caught the attention of the two poachers, who were peering in your general direction.

“Hm? What the fuck's that?”
“Shush. Looks like we've got something else~”

Think fast. Or die young.

-

Lil'twick: Although you knew you were winning, you made sure not to become overconfident. If you didn't push this advantage that you held it would surely be lost, especially against a Pokemon that killed and from a type that was known to have many tricks. Frillish still looked angry from being shocked, after all,and while cotton spore didn't seem to be necessary – she certainly wasn't risking getting closer yet – the upcoming attacks would only make her angrier.

And that was definitely the case. The shockwaves hit their mark, the ghostie looking significantly weaker already. The ghost was trembling with anger, eyes glowing from her rage, and she responded with a heavy amount of absorb. It did nothing to Parker in comparison to what Frillish had already suffered, but after those moves were delivered... She seemed to fade away.

The sailors all balked in bewilderment, looking around as if they might spot her. “Where did she go?” One of them asked. Another warned you to be careful. He didn't trust that she had fled.
“Look out! Behind you!” Following the sailor's words your Pokemon called out as well. Looming over you was the furious Frillish, veil-like tendrils reaching out for you. To paralyze you, to drag you to the depths, to shriek as she pried the pieces of your soul from your drenched corpse at the bottom of the sea.

What do you do?

-

EpicSquirtle: At first you were ecstatic that Leif seemed to have caught your target, but then things didn't go as planned. You lost the bug, and while that was a worry, to your credit you didn't lose your damn mind. Instead, you and your talkative Pokemon put your noggins together and came up with a rather sensible plan.

The Snover escorted you as you slowly tracked the sounds of a worried Sewaddle and the rustling of leaves high up in the trees. As you both went, you made a point to shake your open bag, trying to lure the thief back in the direction it had come from. It took a bit of time – or so it felt when worrying for your poor Pokemon – but the criminal came back with a vengeance. The rustling increased tenfold, coming closer, and Benny braced himself. All of a sudden, Leif came hurtling towards you, wiggling his little limbs in distress; and then behind it shot out a blur of colour. Benny responded as quickly as he could, shooting off a powder snow attack. It didn't fully catch the attacker, but it did enough to surprise and hurt it, forcing the Pokemon to divert its course from you to the wayside. When it landed on the ground, paws furiously trying to remove snow from leaflike fur, you see it for what it is: an energetic Pansage.

What do you do?

-

134: As much as you loved horror movies, and as often as you got yourself into bad situations, you hadn't been made much braver for them. As a result,hearing your own voices through the brush was more than just unnerving. It was damn terrifying. Your Pokemon were less than impressed with your bee-ess, and that especially went for the bird-turned-dolly in your arms. At the very least the hound was enjoying itself. There were plenty of things to smell, and if anything went wrong, Pouli could probably kill it with a good howling of hellfire.

Just silly birds. Just silly birds. You chanted this to yourself quietly as you advanced, trying not to make much noise as you followed the eerie warnings spoken by 'yourselves'. The calling grew louder and louder, your heart rate quickening and sweat seeming to increase as you took those very final steps... To find that you were right. Got 'em. Up in one of the trees you spotted a little bird, black-feathered head resembling a musical note; the rest of its plumage filled with colour. Its eyes seemed to be naturally beady, making it hard to tell if it was trolling you out of anger or genuinely trying to warn you of something.

The Pokemon cocked its head, pausing for a moment as it examined your quartet. Less than a minute later, quieter now, it carried on its echoes. “Go back. Dangerous. No. Bad. Minnao.” It repeated in no particular order, over and over. The smoke was closer now, close enough to be able to smell it. Kai and Pouli's ears were both twitching, Pouli seeming to be more eager to press on than Kai – who obviously sensed danger and was more cautious about it. There's something to the Chatot's warning, definitely, and this could be your last chance to turn back. What do you do?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:53 AM   #170
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Meetan:

The Lapras started to shrink back at first, uneasy with all of the attention it was getting. It seemed uneasy, most likely anticipating a negative response from your group. Being a Shiny Pokemon must be hard in the wild. The different colorization can be seen as an debilitating pigment mutation. While there was beauty within it, it must also be a flashing symbol for both predators and poachers a like. And this Lapras seemed all to use to that life. A life of running and hiding, not being able to even confide in its peers. Ostracized due to how dangerous standing out would be within the pack. This Lapras knew it all. So it made sense it would be a bit wary.

However, when Lorin started to comfort the Lapras, its mood started to brighten a bit. It seemed calmer, and started to listen to your words. It didn't seem to fully understand what you were saying, but you could tell it was thinking over what you were saying. You could see the Pokemon perk up when you said sweets, and it made a low hum in excitement. The Pokemon was most likely hungry, after all. It seemed that the Transport Pokemon hasn't been able to eat recently, so food might be the best option. After all, it was safer for now to stay isolated in this cove so predators didn't come looking for it.

"We need to get that harpoon out..." Lauren started to speak up. "Yet, it seems that the wound is still fresh. If we take it out too hastily, the Lapras might flee. Also, I'm worried that the harpoon actually helped stop blood loss. Meaning we need to seal the wound quickly after we take out the harpoon. The last thing we need is a predator to be attracted here by the scent of blood. However we remove the harpoon, be ready to act fast. I don't have a good feeling about this."

Your Lotad seemed to echo your companion's worries. He let otu a small, worried cry and hopped onto the Lapras's back. The larger Pokemon seemed to wince in pain at first, but didn't flee. Perhaps the presence of the Lotad was comforting to it, somehow. It then moved its neck towards you, with its mouth open. It seemed ready for you to help it, as long as you gave the Lapras food first. This would be tricky, and you started to feel something was watching you guys. Whatever it was, you knew you needed to act fast as soon as you got the harpoon out.

What do you do?
"Oh, nooo, please don't go!" Alice mumbled desperately as the Lapras began to shrink away. She was understandably relieved when the Pokemon seemed to respond to whatever Lorin was saying. Thank goodness for the little thing, he was always so jolly and friendly no wonder others seemed to be as brightened by him as she was. "-- Oh, wow, you're a foodie, too, huh? You're in for a treat. And I might get this bag lightened, too.

"-- Yeah, I know." The trainer added, more than aware of the urgency. That wound looked horrific, but Alice had the same worries as Lauren. If they pulled that thing out, the bleeding could end Lapras very quickly. "Do you have anything on you that we could use to patch it up until we can get to the Pokemon Centre? Oh gosh, Lorin, be careful!"

Alice cringed as the Lotad settled himself atop Lapras' shell. That tension released, replaced by admiration, as the Lapras drifted closer to food. Alrighty, then. "Okay, you're the boss. But I don't know what your tastes are." She crouched to rummage through her bag, now set on the ground, to offer some food. She tried a Chocolate Pokeblock and Passion Pokeblock first. "You can just grab and eat whatever you like, though..." She trailed off, blue eyes surveying the cavern. A bad feeling had overtaken the trainer, although it was hard to say what. Lorin seemed to be in agreement, not quite himself (that could possibly be put down to Lapras' predicament, though). "I have more Pokemon with me than just Lorin if predators show up. And I could catch then release it somewhere safe if it let me. But something about this place definitely doesn't feel right. D'you get what I mean...?" Maybe she was just paranoid.

Last edited by Meetan; 01-01-2018 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:59 AM   #171
Brave Saix
Boulder Badge

Quote:
ooc: WHAT UP FIZZBY?! IT'S ME, YA GIRL, ALICE ROCKIN UP TO YOUR ISLES WITH SOME UPDOOTS. The faster you reply to my crazy caboose, the faster your adventure will go (just ask MM about Whale Island), so buckle the fuzzle up and get your posties in people, it's adventure time!

Brave Saix: The tent is larger than one might think at first, although that might be down to the high ceiling and how the dim lighting casts its shadows just so around the structure. Within are more people dressed in blue, their expressions all serious as they murmur among themselves. The décor within hints to the religion being researched, ornaments in aquatic and complimenting colours set on mostly-wooden surfaces. You and Matthew get the impression that it's all handmade and some of it very old. Set aways from each other, standing out in their places, are Manaphy, Kyogre and Phione. They look like they were lovingly carved from precious stones.

All chatter ceases as you enter with Matthew, and eyes regard you with a mixture of bewilderment and disdain. Unwelcoming to outsiders indeed, one of the villagers – a tall, stern man in his twenties – speaks up without hesitation. “What is the meaning of this?! We don't have the time to risk researchers and tourists! They're all doing enough damage as it is!”
“Yes, yes.” The elder, stood, resting on a cane of his own, nods his head. His tone sounded dismissive, however. He was more interested in the conversation going on in front of him, one which he ended up roped into. Matthew looked afraid to be pulled into this dangerous mess whatever it was, even if your points were sound and likely meant that he wouldn't need to get too stuck in. “I do agree. Two people are better than one, especially in a situation like this. You could be the difference between life and death for this boy and your friend here-- who I'd prefer didn't call me ma'am, regardless of how beautifully I've aged.”
The remark drew a few faint smirks and smiles from the audience around the tent. The woman spoke next to back you up.
“Yes, yes. And struggle builds character! Besides, why should we allow a coward to research and risk ruin to our sacred grounds? Our rites and settlement demand respect, and if you are not willing to stand by your companions or morals in time of need, then why should we stand by you?”

More nodding and murmurs of agreement, and in unison it all appeared to break the straw in the Numel's back. Matthew caved. “I-- I suppose you're right. I would hate for anything to happen to you, or the boy, or this place...” The guide's tone is still wavering, and one wouldn't be wrong to question his resolution or reliability. “I'll go with you. If only to watch your back, or moral support, and all that. Maybe it would help me learn to battle to observe.” He added, although chances were at his age Matthew had observed enough battles to have at least an inkling of how to handle himself.

“Well, then. Now that that's settled. I am Hao'li, and I am the elder of Cordina Peak.” The pretty, grey-haired man introduced. His tone was serene and grounded, tranquil like the waters they worshipped and protected, “As it appears you have heard, a boy has been taken hostage in the cave systems by one of our shrines. We believe this to be the actions of a radical group that has formed in the area. One of the members has supposedly gone rogue and is acting out. Until now, innocent children weren't drawn into the conflict, but...” The elder trailed off with a sigh.

“We would like this matter dealt with before the group finds word of it, or it might escalate into extreme violence, with even greater trauma for the boy, environment and greater community.” Hao'li summarised, “How is up to you, if you feel you can handle it alone, but safety of the child is paramount and we won't hesitate to stop you if you cause greater risk. I do believe that's a fair way of going forward?”

Well, is it?

"It is. But first, could you tell me a bit more about this radical group?Motivations, goals, and what not." Sypher asked as he started to mill over his approach. He turned to Matthew. "I'm going to try and talk them down if I can. Get them to release the boy. While that's the preferable outcome I don't see it working out. So I'll at least try and keep them destracted. If there is a way to. Do you think you would be able to sneak around and grab the hostage while I do? Otherwise, we might have actually have to resort to force," he said shaking his head. "That's likely to ruin your research if the battle were to get out of hand.

Sypher's thoughts turned to his team: Jill, Julian, and Azula. Jill seemed like the only one cut out for any outcome. She could help Matthew skirt around if stealth were possible and could likely battle with out risking collateral damage if her sound based moves weren't used. Julian on the other hand might suffice in a fight if no attacks go errant. And Azula, there was no was he could use her here due to the rage fits she was undergoing.

"Jill it is." He released her from her ball hoping to bring her up to speed. Then he remembered. "Hao'li, do you have a map? 'Cause I have no clue where to go from here."
Old 01-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #172
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
134: As much as you loved horror movies, and as often as you got yourself into bad situations, you hadn't been made much braver for them. As a result,hearing your own voices through the brush was more than just unnerving. It was damn terrifying. Your Pokemon were less than impressed with your bee-ess, and that especially went for the bird-turned-dolly in your arms. At the very least the hound was enjoying itself. There were plenty of things to smell, and if anything went wrong, Pouli could probably kill it with a good howling of hellfire.

Just silly birds. Just silly birds. You chanted this to yourself quietly as you advanced, trying not to make much noise as you followed the eerie warnings spoken by 'yourselves'. The calling grew louder and louder, your heart rate quickening and sweat seeming to increase as you took those very final steps... To find that you were right. Got 'em. Up in one of the trees you spotted a little bird, black-feathered head resembling a musical note; the rest of its plumage filled with colour. Its eyes seemed to be naturally beady, making it hard to tell if it was trolling you out of anger or genuinely trying to warn you of something.

The Pokemon cocked its head, pausing for a moment as it examined your quartet. Less than a minute later, quieter now, it carried on its echoes. “Go back. Dangerous. No. Bad. Minnao.” It repeated in no particular order, over and over. The smoke was closer now, close enough to be able to smell it. Kai and Pouli's ears were both twitching, Pouli seeming to be more eager to press on than Kai – who obviously sensed danger and was more cautious about it. There's something to the Chatot's warning, definitely, and this could be your last chance to turn back. What do you do?

Tate was fucking thrilled to see the Chatot, for a myriad of reasons. First was the satisfaction of being right, which was always a good feeling, and even more spectacular when being right meant that there wasn't a spoopy ghost haunting them in a dense forest far away from civilization.

Second was the fact that it was a fucking Chatot. In the wild. You could find them in pet stores and such but to see one free and untamed was truly spectacular. Eagerly -- and clumsily -- Tate fished out a multicolored Pokédex, pointing it at the bird. The machine chirped as it registered the Pokémon, before reciting in a feminine, mechanical voice:

Chatot, the Music Note Pókemon. It can learn and speak human words. If they gather, they all learn the same saying.

"You're not kidding," Tate sighed, peering up at the bird as it called out its ominous phrases in a voice that wasn't its own. Though less creepy than ghosts, it was still unnerving. But cool. Also cool. How often does this sort of thing happen?!

"I should take a picture," Tate mused, fumbling with a slightly out-of-date model of PokéGear. Aiming the camera at the Chatot, the shutter clicked just as the acrid smell of smoke it Tate's nostrils. Distracted, at least for a moment, Tate turned both eyes upward to see the dark grey billow rolling out above all their heads.

"Right..." Tate recalled, breathlessly. "Smoke..."

Pouli, perhaps due to her affinity to fire, or just because of her innate curiousity, seemed keen to investigate. Kahakai, who actually had a sense of self preservation and relatively few inclinations towards altruism, would have rather ignored it. Tate, who was still holding Uhane in one arm, a bit like a sentient sack of Watmel berries at this point, was both woefully curious and also deeply concerned. A forest fire could be devastating, and well... They did have the means to help. Tate looked at Kai with an almost expectant expression that the Vaporeon resented.

They were moving onward.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 01-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #173
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa: You patted Masao's shoulder to comfort him, hoping to ease his upset. He flinched, but it was only out of surprise. He had tunnel vision over his Drifblim and it had made him easily startled – although not noisily, to your relief. Trying to be quiet, you release Scurvy the Aipom, and the Ranger listens to your orders. He looks a bit impressed – and Trunks is intrigued by the sight of another teammate. The elephant watches the monkey's adorable salute, and sees it bounce away on many limbs up into the trees, soon out of sight despite his distinctly purple and cream fur.

All you can do then is wait and listen.

“... If we separate too far from each other, we could end up getting lost. And having flares is fine, but if we set one off we might attract attention from the mainland.” The man reasoned, his friend sighing in resignation.
“Yeah, you're right, but I can't be bothered to haul this thing everywhere. It's going to get caught on everything.” She complained miserably.
“Well, we'll load it up, and have one or two of our Pokemon follow a short distance behind. Or get one of them to pull it. Then we don't startle any prey, they can track, it's all simple. Just awkward terrain. And even if someone's out here, all that means if that if they show up... More for us.” Both of them broke into a sinister grin, minds racing at the thought of conflict and the profit they would make from it.
“Nobody to hear 'em scream out here.”
“Nobody.”

Masao felt a pit in his stomach, the man starting to shake with fear and rage. He was far more tempted to dive in than to run for himself, but before he could do either, Scurvy had returned. It held some kind of oval-shaped stone in its tail-hand as well as what looked like a knife and a plastic card set in its cheshire teeth. He looked rather proud of himself, but Masao was more worried Aipom might cut himself. The thief was eager for praise, but all the movement had caught the attention of the two poachers, who were peering in your general direction.

“Hm? What the fuck's that?”
“Shush. Looks like we've got something else~”

Think fast. Or die young.
Gary was repulsed as he and Masao quietly waited for Scurvy to return and overheard the poachers’ conversation. They were proving themselves to be the scum on the Earth that they were as they plotted doing terrible things to unsuspecting wild Pokemon. Gary could feel the anger and concern coming from Masao over his Drifblim’s state, and he knew that they would have to act quickly and carefully in order to get it back.

There was a rustle in the trees as Scurvy returned from his recon mission with a few items in hand. He had managed to pilfer what appeared to be an oval shaped stone, a knife, and a plastic card. Noticing that his Aipom was clearly looking for praise, Gary smiled and pat him on the head. “Great job, Scurvy. You’re getting good at this… maybe almost too good.” The Aipom grinned brightly, but it would seem that their luck would have run out. The pair of poachers heard noise coming from their direction and were on their way to investigate. Gary had to think fast.

Slipping the card into Masao’s hands, he whispered, “Hopefully this will unlock your Drifblim. Sneak around the back and free it while I distract these poachers.” Gary wasn’t quite ready to send Trunks into battle against such dangerous opponents while the young Phanpy looked around nervously. “Scurvy, stay with Trunks behind me where it’s safe,” Gary ordered as he pulled out a Luxury Ball. “Let’s see if dropping a Torterra in on them will cause enough of a diversion.” Gary tossed the ball high into the air right in front of the poachers as it popped open to reveal a familiar Torterra. “Trap them with a Sand Tomb, Terra, and if they try anything funny, hit them with a Bullet Seed!”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #174
Lil'twick
Insanity

Meetan:

You asked Lauren first if she had anything to help out the wounded Lapras. At least, something to patch the wound enough until the both of you could get the Lapras to the Pokemon Center. The girl thought a bit, and started to rummage through her bag. Her face lightened up when she found what she was looking for.

"I have this water proof gauze and some medicinal tape for water-types. I can take the harpoon out and apply this if the Lapras would let me..." She told you. "Though it will stop the bleeding, I feel it'll only be a temporary fix. I don't want to move the Lapras at this point. I know! I'll go grab Nurse Joy once Lapras settles down. Though, you'll need to defend it. Are you okay with that?"

You nod, and Lauren starts to prep. Meanwhile, you look at the food in your hands. A Chocolate Pokeblock and a Passion Pokeblock. Both of them had sweet flavors, and you hoped that the Lapras would enjoy them. The shining plesiosaur sniffed them, and then happily ate them up. It chewed them with great enthusiasm. It then looked at you, happy for a treat it never had before. You had a feeling it would definitely enjoy some of the other leftover confectionery you had. Loren let out a happy cheer as the Lapras ate, and the Transport Pokemon looked safe.

It then swam over towards Lauren, baring the side with the harpoon. While it did eye her suspiciously, you could tell the Lapras knew the help the girl was offering was vital. She grabbed the harpoon and started to pull it out. The Lapras winced in pain, and let out a few cries until the spear was gone. Tossing the bloody spear aside, Lauren started to apply the gauze and medicinal tape to the Lapras. Your Lotad continued to act as a support for the Pokemon, and soon after the wound was all patched up. Though, you could tell that there was a heavy blood flow, from the gauze quickly turning red and the water around the water turning red. You hear something in the water, and a Sharpedo jumps out. It looked hungry, and you could tell from its gaze that it was what was watching you.

"Quick, Alice, dispatch it! I'll stay here for a bit to make sure the Lapras is okay before I go grab the nurse," Lauren shouted, and you knew she was right. Loren looked ready to defend his new friends, and patiently awaited orders.

What do you do?

Ironthunder:

Your Pokemon immediately jump to your defense after the Whiscash's warning shot. Hope the Shuppet immediately starts off by tossing the giant catfish up in the air with a Telekinesis. The Shuppet strains a bit, obviously not use to the weight of the fish, but manages to hold it a foot above the water. With the target locked out of mobility, your two grass-types start conjuring the power of nature. Channeling the grass underneath, the two fire off Energy Balls at the Whiscash. The Pokemon cries out in pain, but tries to endure. However, your squad continues their assault. Caeda tries to chill the fish with an Icy Wind, making the already immobile catfish even more slow and sluggish. She then slammed into the water and ground type with a Brave Bird, knocking the fish through the air a few feet over Orta Lake. Once again, the grass types release the power of nature while your Caterpie launches an Ice Beam, an attack of somewhat unnatural affinity for the small bug. At that point it's clear to see the Whiscash can't fight back, and Hope releases her hold. The Whiscash falls into the lake, clearly defeated. The Barboach weakly swims towards it crying. No kill like overkill, huh?

The two Pokemon slowly submerge, seeming to have given up on bothering you. Now it was finally time for a nice picnic at the lake, right? You couldn't help but think your Pokemon overreacted. This didn't feel like a victory, it felt hollow. Like a bully completely destroying an easy target. There was nothing to gain from this, and your Pokemon didn't even look terribly stronger. Though, it would make sense for the experience to be split between the five. Your Pokemon all start to gather around you, clear they don't want anyone to hurt you. It was sweet. Though, this moment of peace didn't last. You all felt another tremor, and saw the water shaking violently.

Emerging from the depths was not what your were expecting. It was the Barboach once more, this time obviously angry. It started to yell, but you couldn't figure out what the little fish was saying. Hadn't it learned its lesson by now? Then, a large shape emerged from the water. You could only watch in horror as a large, blue serpent stared you down. If looks could kill... well your body would be a pile of bones and blood. Blue whiskers twitched in hatred and rage, and the serpentine, almost draconic body started to twitch and writhe. It was obvious what that Pokemon was. Gyarados. Daddy was here, and daddy was pissed. You looked up at the sky, and was surprised to see the once clear skies turn dark and grey.

It soon started raining, and you realized at once what that Gyarados was doing. A rain dance. It soon concentrated it's hatred into its breath, and let out a stream of violent winds. It had the force of a hurricane, and with this new weather you knew it was gonna hit its mark. You quickly start to feel your body assaulted by the horrendous winds, and quickly try to grab the grassy ground so you don't fly away. The assault soon stops, and your body hurt. A lot. You hear a few soft thuds on the ground, and look to see your Petilil, Cottonee, and Caterpie knocked clean out. This was not a battle you could win. You quickly returned them, and looked at the Gyarados. It started to charge up a beam of pure energy in its maw. Hyper Beam. If that hit you... you were sure you'd be dead. You tried ot move your legs, but couldn't. Your body was locked down by fear. The serpent unleashed the attack, and you saw a flash. Caeda quickly appeared in front of you, and took the full brunt of the attack. The Skarmory gets knocked back into you, and the two of you tumble across the shore. Your Skarmory chirps, obviously extremely hurt but still kicking. How she survived, you didn't know. Hope appeared next to you, trying to look over you before looking at the Gyarados with murder in her eyes. This was a fight you couldn't win. You knew this, but you couldn't exactly run in your condition.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-11-2018, 03:58 PM   #175
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Ironthunder:

Your Pokemon immediately jump to your defense after the Whiscash's warning shot. Hope the Shuppet immediately starts off by tossing the giant catfish up in the air with a Telekinesis. The Shuppet strains a bit, obviously not use to the weight of the fish, but manages to hold it a foot above the water. With the target locked out of mobility, your two grass-types start conjuring the power of nature. Channeling the grass underneath, the two fire off Energy Balls at the Whiscash. The Pokemon cries out in pain, but tries to endure. However, your squad continues their assault. Caeda tries to chill the fish with an Icy Wind, making the already immobile catfish even more slow and sluggish. She then slammed into the water and ground type with a Brave Bird, knocking the fish through the air a few feet over Orta Lake. Once again, the grass types release the power of nature while your Caterpie launches an Ice Beam, an attack of somewhat unnatural affinity for the small bug. At that point it's clear to see the Whiscash can't fight back, and Hope releases her hold. The Whiscash falls into the lake, clearly defeated. The Barboach weakly swims towards it crying. No kill like overkill, huh?

The two Pokemon slowly submerge, seeming to have given up on bothering you. Now it was finally time for a nice picnic at the lake, right? You couldn't help but think your Pokemon overreacted. This didn't feel like a victory, it felt hollow. Like a bully completely destroying an easy target. There was nothing to gain from this, and your Pokemon didn't even look terribly stronger. Though, it would make sense for the experience to be split between the five. Your Pokemon all start to gather around you, clear they don't want anyone to hurt you. It was sweet. Though, this moment of peace didn't last. You all felt another tremor, and saw the water shaking violently.

Emerging from the depths was not what your were expecting. It was the Barboach once more, this time obviously angry. It started to yell, but you couldn't figure out what the little fish was saying. Hadn't it learned its lesson by now? Then, a large shape emerged from the water. You could only watch in horror as a large, blue serpent stared you down. If looks could kill... well your body would be a pile of bones and blood. Blue whiskers twitched in hatred and rage, and the serpentine, almost draconic body started to twitch and writhe. It was obvious what that Pokemon was. Gyarados. Daddy was here, and daddy was pissed. You looked up at the sky, and was surprised to see the once clear skies turn dark and grey.

It soon started raining, and you realized at once what that Gyarados was doing. A rain dance. It soon concentrated it's hatred into its breath, and let out a stream of violent winds. It had the force of a hurricane, and with this new weather you knew it was gonna hit its mark. You quickly start to feel your body assaulted by the horrendous winds, and quickly try to grab the grassy ground so you don't fly away. The assault soon stops, and your body hurt. A lot. You hear a few soft thuds on the ground, and look to see your Petilil, Cottonee, and Caterpie knocked clean out. This was not a battle you could win. You quickly returned them, and looked at the Gyarados. It started to charge up a beam of pure energy in its maw. Hyper Beam. If that hit you... you were sure you'd be dead. You tried ot move your legs, but couldn't. Your body was locked down by fear. The serpent unleashed the attack, and you saw a flash. Caeda quickly appeared in front of you, and took the full brunt of the attack. The Skarmory gets knocked back into you, and the two of you tumble across the shore. Your Skarmory chirps, obviously extremely hurt but still kicking. How she survived, you didn't know. Hope appeared next to you, trying to look over you before looking at the Gyarados with murder in her eyes. This was a fight you couldn't win. You knew this, but you couldn't exactly run in your condition.

What do you do?
Things went from bad to worse to even worse. Now a Gyarados, and it wiped half her team without batting an eye. Quickly returning Calem, Anna and Kaitlyn, Liawe turned to give orders, only to be staring a Hyper Beam in the face. Her life flashed before her eyes, followed by... Caeda? The Skarmory, loyal till the end, had blocked the devastating beam with her body, sending it tumbling into her and knocking the trainer into the ground. She saw her Skarmory stand barely next to her, as Hope floated over, both of them evidently concerned, then her vision flickered and faded, as unconsciousness took the girl under its deathly wing.

Hope saw her trainer collapse, and then her fiery gaze returned to the Gyarados who had so nearly killed her. Fury surged through the Ghost. Who dared attack her trainer directly, who dared to threaten the life of another mortal with such callous disregard? She cared not for herself any longer. She charged, going for the Gyarados, and if she could take the whole bastard family down with her she'd be satisfied in her second death.

Unable to contain her rage any longer, the furious Shuppet rushed to engage, firing off Shock Wave after Shock Wave into the great sea serpent's face. In case that wasn't enough, she went for another Shock Wave to try and send the beast to a watery grave, staying high and floating around the Gyarados' head, while Caeda tried to drag Liawe out of the way to prevent any further harm to the unconscious girl. The last thing any of them needed was their trainer dying on them while they were so detached from civilisation.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records