UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 10-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #1
Connor
Flashbacker

Sunflora Slumbering Wilds Raid Battle 10: Gigantamax Garbodor!

Raid Boss Gigantamax Garbodor
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers

Zelphon, Shadow Dragapult: 600 HP
Leo, Raichu: 600 HP
Yuki, Espeon: 500 HP [Twisted Spoon]
MM, Stunfisk: 500 HP
Raves, Garchomp: 600 HP
grassyglide, Vivillon: 600 HP [Shadow Lance]
CCK, Mismagius: 400 HP
myahoo, Sableye: 600 HP

The only thing hanging thicker than the putrid stench permeating the clearing is the thickened gobs of sludgy garbage spilling from the body of the interloper. A dumb grin on his face, Garbodor considers the gathered Raiders with an obvious air of contempt, his dismissive shrug punctuated with a mocking roll of the eyes. It was clear that the animated trash held a rather low opinion of those sent to subdue him... though that overconfidence could spell his doom.

Dynamax initiative: CCK, Mismagius

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but up $500 may be collected for role played responses of equivalent words, per standard rules, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, 8th October to place your order.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #2
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Safeguard (0BP)
Old 10-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Infestation (20 BP)

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #5
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Nuzzle (20 BP)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #6
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The pickup truck pulled up to the Slumbering Wilds Pokémon Gym just as everyone else was getting there. And even if Keith hadn't known the way, it wasn't hard to find- there was, after all, a literal mountain of trash jutting up out of the Gym's Power Spot. Once the truck was parked, the Masters family climbed out of it, Keith staring in awe at the sight before him, mouth agape. Unmistakably a Garbodor, and unmistakably humongous. The main thing that seemed to set this apart from a typical Dynamax looked to be the various large toys jutting out of the body. A skyscraper made from plastic blocks that looked like it could still house several dozen office workers. A windup boat the size of the Banette's Revenge. A toy car that wouldn't have looked out of place on the road. A plush Clefairy. A toy airplane. Even a Substitute doll. "This is so cool!" Keith breathed. "How are you two holding up?" he added to Willa and Maribel. The Gigantamax Garbodor, however cool Keith thought it was, undeniably stunk. It didn't bother Keith, for reasons those who've even remotely heard of him should find obvious by this point, but he was hoping the smell wasn't overpowering his wife and daughter.

But Willa looked unfazed by the odor. "I was expecting it to smell worse, if I'm being honest," she admitted. "Perhaps spending so many years living in the same house as the likes of Bellatrix, Strychnine, Gemini, and Mustard have something to do with this."

"Heh, that's a fair point," Keith grinned. "It's like I always say, some Poison-types can make even more loyal partners than stuff like Growlithe, if you can just get past the smell. How about you, Maribel, sweetie?" he added to his daughter.

"I'm fine, Dad," smiled Maribel. "I grew up around your Poison-types my whole life, remember? It takes more than a bad smell to upset me," she grinned.

Keith smiled proudly. "That's my girl," he said. "Alright, then!" he added, plucking the Ground Ball off his belt, enlarging it with a click of the button, and launching it forward. "Rubeus, let's go!" he declared.

In a flash of light, the Ground Ball split open, and its remarkably flat occupant emerged. Flapping his white side fins as though they were wings of some sort, Rubeus flew forward. "Stun Stunfisk!" he declared as he came to a stop beside his allies, looking warily up at the literal mountain of garbage they had come together to combat.

"Alright, let's get right to it!" Keith declared, gesturing forward. "Rubeus, use Earth Power!"

"Stun!" Rubeus grunted, channeling immense energy into the ground below, intending it to erupt beneath Garbodor for great damage. He'd gone into this knowing his role was going to be more of a supporting one, but for right now, the best he could feasibly do was to simply start attacking, and see what he could do after Garbodor started to attack. He couldn't help but smile as he saw the Vivillon setting up Safeguard- that would undoubtedly prove invaluable in this fight.

OOC: Rubeus used Earth Power (90 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-06-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #7
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Swords Dance (0 BP) to start us off.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:55 PM   #8
myahoo
Soul Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:20 AM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Gross... Let's keep our distance from the gargantuan garbage for now and set us up a FUTURE SIGHT (120 BP)! (Boosted by Twisted Spoon)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #10
Connor
Flashbacker

★★★★★

Health Gauge: 94%
Raiders: Safeguard (4)

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Knuckle (95 BP)
Raves, Garchomp: 509 HP

Attack 2: Gunk Shot (120 BP)
myahoo, Sableye: 406 HP

Attack 3: Garbodor was fully paralysed!

Raid Challengers

Leo, Raichu: 600 HP
Raves, Garchomp: 509 HP
grassyglide, Vivillon: 600 HP [Shadow Lance]

The Raiders begin their offensive in earnest, Mismagius leading the way with a devilish grin. Skull encased in crackling blue energy, the Ghost lands a rousing Zen Headbutt, while Dragapult provides covering fire with a buzzing swarm of dark crimson bugs. These pepper the surface of Garbodor as Raichu coyly approaches, nuzzling gently but trickily discharging an immense static energy throughout the bloated figure of his target. Garbodor reels from paralysis - but the worst is yet to come, the very ground itself rebelling against his odious existence as Stunfisk causes tectonic energy to spill from below, a consuming pillar engulfing a large portion of Garbodor. Sableye rounds off the offence with another determined Zen Headbutt, while the others prepare for future rounds, strengthening both offence and defence. Garbodor promises swift retribution though, summoning a raging fist to strike with Max Knuckle, though Garchomp tanks the blow with aplomb. Not finished there, Garbodor hucks a humongous gob of sickly toxins at Sableye, the Gunk Shot promising devastation by a miracle landing on Sableye, his natural resistence serving him well. In another stroke of luck, the Raiders are offered a reprieve, Garbodor's paralysis preventing him from moving once more...

Dynamax initiative: Yuki, Espeon

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but up $500 may be collected for role played responses of equivalent words, per standard rules, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Friday, 8th October to place your order.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:50 PM   #11
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Slamming with a drill run (85 BP, high crit rate).
Old 10-07-2021, 05:05 PM   #12
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Hurricane (110BP, Shadow Lance boosts crit rate)
Old 10-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #13
Lil'twick
Insanity

Thunder (110 BP)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-07-2021, 05:40 PM   #14
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Let's give this garbage man a good show with GLITZY GLOW (90 BP)~ (Boosted by Twisted Spoon)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:47 PM   #15
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

And with all said and done, the battle got underway! Some were attacking outright, others were setting up for later. The Espeon was doing a bit of both, in fact, by way of a powerful Future Sight- wouldn't get anything done in the here and the now, but not too long down the road, Garbodor was gonna have to deal with that.

In the here and the now, however, Garbodor had begun to attack. A Max Knuckle to start with, right into the Garchomp, as its way of both attacking and setting up at the same time. As Max Moves go, it didn't hit the hardest. The ones that helped to power up the user's attacks rarely did hit that hard, which in this specific instance was something of a blessing, though whether it would remain a blessing remained to be seen... After that, a Gunk Shot, which mercifully targeted the Sableye, who resisted such things. And to top it all off, a third attack never came- the Raichu had opened with a Nuzzle attack, guaranteeing the Garbodor's paralysis, and that very status condition was rearing its ugly head here and now, preventing Garbodor from doing anything else for the time being. "Yes!" Keith grinned.

"Stunfisk fisk!" smiled Rubeus, the Stunfisk immensely pleased with what he and Keith had accomplished thus far in the fight.

"Most fortuitous," nodded Willa.

"Really good way to start, huh, Dad?" smiled Maribel.

"Couldn't have said it better myself, sweetie," Keith smiled back. At this, he glanced around at the others. Garbodor hadn't really... done much at this stage, had it? Not that he was complaining, not by any means, but it did mean that Rubeus's intended role as the group's healer wasn't coming into play just yet. And that was honestly OK, Keith reasoned. It allowed the Stunfisk to help chip away at the gargantuan Gigantamax Garbodor's health instead. Always a welcome thing in these raid battles. "You ready to show that thing a thing or two, Rubeus?" he called out.

"Stun Stunfiiiisk!" Rubeus responded affirmatively, with a confident grin.

Keith grinned back. "Then let's give them another taste of your Earth Power attack!" he commanded.

Willa, meanwhile, was eyeing the Garbodor, with a wary look in her eyes. "Hm," she murmured.

Maribel, after a few moments of smiling at her dad and his Stunfisk, looked up at her mother to see that look on her face. "What is it, Mom?" she asked.

"Nothing, it's just..." murmured Willa. "...that was a very good start, wasn't it? Garbodor succumbed to the paralysis quite easily... too easily, would you not say?"

"...Huh," murmured Maribel. "That did seem like a pretty light start..."

Willa nodded slowly. "And I don't anticipate that things will stay this easy," she stated grimly. "Rubeus's healing capabilities may very well come in handy in this raid battle. And sooner, rather than later, I would be willing to bet." Maribel found herself nodding in agreement as she turned back to the battle at hand, watching with a little bit of wariness herself.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-11-2021 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 10-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #16
myahoo
Soul Badge

Assurance (60 BP, x2 for prior damage)
Old 10-09-2021, 05:37 PM   #17
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Hex (boosted to 130 BP)

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 12:38 AM   #18
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
Old 10-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #19
Connor
Flashbacker

★★★★★

Health Gauge: 78%
Raiders: Safeguard (3), Light Screen (4)

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Max Knuckle (95 BP)
Leo, Raichu: 463 HP

Attack 2: Gunk Shot (120 BP)
grassyglide, Vivillon: 254

Attack 3: Giga Impact (150 BP)
Raves, Garchomp: 312 HP

Raid Challengers

Leo, Raichu: 463 HP
Raves, Garchomp: 312 HP
grassyglide, Vivillon: 254 HP [Shadow Lance]

The Raiders continue their assault, desperately trying to force the opponent into range of shields. While they mount a brutal offence, a number of scathing attacks like Drill Run and Hurricane smashing headlong into Garbodor, they don't quite manage to push the behemoth to desperation. A mocking grin upon his face, Garbodor retaliates with a Max Knuckle, before a Gunk Shot almost clips the wings of Vivillon. To make matters worse, paralysis fails to immobilise him this time, and he rounds proceedings off by hammering a Giga Impact into Garchomp.

Dynamax initiative: Raves, Garchomp

• You have until Tuesday, 12th October to place your order.

Last edited by Connor; 10-10-2021 at 12:15 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #20
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Zen Headbutt (80 BP)
Old 10-10-2021, 12:52 PM   #21
Lil'twick
Insanity

It trying to boost its attack is pretty cute. Let's show it how cute we can be with a Charm (0 BP)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 10-10-2021 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:03 PM   #22
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The fight was not going to be quick or easy by any stretch of the imagination. This they all knew from the start. It was a Gigantamax. These were never easy. But much as they knew this going into it, here was the incontrovertible evidence to back it up, and it was hard to swallow all the same. The gathered Trainers kept heaping on the damage, kept landing the powerful super effective attack moves, but the literal mountain of garbage hadn't even put up any shields yet. And finally, it was Garbodor's turn to start attacking again, a round it started off... in a remarkably similar fashion to how it did so last time.

"Another Max Knuckle?" murmured Willa, watching as the Raichu found itself on the receiving end of a giant fist. "I suppose it's a good thing it's not going for Max Ooze instead- Garbodor can learn a lot of special attacks."

Maribel, however, shook her head. "I don't think it can even use Max Ooze, Mom," she said. "It's a Gigantamax, after all."

"Right you are, sweetie," Keith nodded. "I don't know what its G-Max Move is, but whatever it is, it's gonna be taking the place of Max Ooze- G-Max Moves always match one of the Pokémon's types, and Garbodor is a pure Poison-type."

"...that's very true," conceded Willa quietly. "I... hadn't thought of that."

At this, Keith put an arm around his wife, knowing good and well by this point when she was in need of a bit of reassurance. "Don't sweat it, dear," he murmured reassuringly. "Honestly, for all we know, Garbodor's G-Max Move could be even more devastatingly good than Max Ooze, so it's for the best that we consider the possibility until we know for sure."

"Stun! Stunfisk stun!" Rubeus called out in agreement.

"Right. You're right," Willa nodded. "Although I'm hoping its G-Max Move has no bearing on its Special Attack or its opponents' Special Defense," she added. "As I said, Garbodor can learn a lot of special attacks, so if it lacks a good way to power them up, that can only bode well for us."

"Well said," Keith nodded. "In particular, I'm not fond of the notion of it having a way to power up a move like Sludge Wave. But yes- any way you slice it, I feel like we got a good fighting chance in this battle," he added. "And thus far, we all still seem to be faring pretty well..." he murmured, glancing around at all of their allies. "So Rubeus, hit it with another Earth Power attack!" he called out.

"Stuuuun... FIIIIIIISK!" Rubeus exclaimed, pouring even more energy into the ground below, forcing it to erupt with power beneath the Gigantamax Garbodor. Once again, there was no need for his healing techniques just yet... though there was no telling when this would change. But for now, if indeed the best course of action was to just keep attacking, then that's just what they would do.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-11-2021 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #23
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Hurricane (110BP, Shadow Lance boosts crit rate)
Old 10-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #24
myahoo
Soul Badge

Another Assurance (60 BP, x2 for prior damage)!
Old 10-10-2021, 04:01 PM   #25
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Likely at shields, it's time.

Continental Crush off Stone Edge (100 BP).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League