UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 05-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #7901
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Onani Master Kurosawa

Isn't this like Oregairu? Maybe I'm being a tad premature, but it seems to be similar subject matter, sans the harem trappings.

Anyway, it's nowhere near as troublesome of a read as I thought it would be. BPK says I will "hate this". We'll see!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:53 PM   #7902
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Goblin Slayer

I mentioned I caught up to the manga a bit back. But I need to talk about this again because I think this manga is the closest we're ever going to get to an Icewind Dale manga adaptation.

Despite having no close similarities to D&D, and mainly focusing on a single monster type, the manga most closely resembles the spirit of playing the IWD CRPG. IWD was a dungeon crawl versus Baldur's Gate's more wilderness/frontier approach, and GS consistently invading dungeons while managing resources like spells brings back that nostalgic feeling.

It helps that the current dungeon is a castle beneath a frozen mountain, similar to the Vale of Shadows in the first IWD game.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #7903
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I have the motivation to finish Masturbation Master either today or tomorrow.
There might be heartbreak, but it's notwhere near the dumpster fire of Domestic Girlfriend. Anime/manga was much more innocent when Molester and Masturbation were released.

Stuff's all crazy up now.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-02-2020, 06:35 PM   #7904
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Isekai Meikyuu de Harem

This is like Shield Hero, but far less edgy. There's no false accusation of rape or trying to twist slavery as some kind of moral good. The main guy in this actually bangs his hot female slave in Chapter 12, which fixes the biggest and most obnoxious problem with Shield Hero, that the cast and main character are unrelatable.
Slavery here is very heavily contextualized.
-this is a video game world created by Japanese authors
-this is how the world works and I'm powerless to change it
-if I don't buy this slave she'll possibly end up with a worse master than myself

What I find funny is the slave trader who pitched the slave to this guy basically said that brothels are an easy way to get STD's. Doesn't make sense in a magic world and the Ishuzoku Reviewers are pretty fine hitting up brothels every night, but it was a pitch.

With knowledge that the guy actually bangs the girl the cringey scenes where he tries to put the moves on her becomes a bit more bearable. A bit.

It's still chalk on a nailboard.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old Today, 05:37 PM   #7905
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Domestic Girlfriend

I'm dropping this. It's ULTIMATE CRINGE! This is 1000x worse than anything else I've seen except maybe School Days way back when. It's boring, the melodrama is dumb and the social awkwardness is as stiff as the Magura Cave paintings.

The basic premise: guy is in love with his unprofessional, hot teacher. He knows society can never approve of their relationship and it's one-sided, so he has a one-night stand with a high school girl.
The next day, his dad reveals he's marrying an older woman whose daughters are the teacher and the one-night stand.
So the story is a weird tug-of-war between the indecisive guy who can't stop obsessing over both the one-night stand and his teacher, but is restricted by law from pursing them.
There's nothing original and it's just incredibly embarrassing to behold. I feel stronger just getting through episode one.

SUCKS!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime