UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Grovyle Intermediate Trainer Battle: Balmund vs. OkikuMew

Even in late Autumn the Stardust Fields sparkled from the minimal light behind the thick clouds. A light frost was in the air and made the grass even more majestic, glistening like crystals. It had been a while since a battle was held here but two trainers had chosen this arena this late November day. They both began to approach the arena talking animatedly to one another both excited about the upcoming battle when they spot the referee waiting under the Cherry Blossom Tree. Most of its leaves were painted red and gold and it wouldn't be too long before they fell to the ground. The referee approached the pair and smiled brightly.

"Hello to you both, doesn't the Stardust Fields looks glorious even in this cold weather" The referee said as the air sparkled with a light dusting of frost. "I hope you both are ready for a good battle, I know I am. Lets go over the rules."
Balmund vs. OkikuMew
Intermediate Trainer Battle (Pokemon from Lv’s 26-50 used only)
1 vs. 1
72 Hr DQ Period
Arena: Cloud Garden's Stardust Fields: Gently rolling fields spanning as far as the eye can see. This battlefield is a 50m x 50m section of the large grassy plain with one lone Cherry Blossom tree standing in the centre..
She allowed them time to prepare themselves whist retrieving a coin from her pocket. She assigned Balmund to Heads and OkikuMew to Tails and gave it a quick flip: "Heads".
Once she was sure they understood the rules she went through the order of play:
– I need PM’s from both of you including your Pokemon, their stats, any healing items being declared, and your attacks for the first round (I am happy with up to 3 being used per round)
- I will then ref the first round.
- Balmund will then order their attacks for the next round.
- OkikuMew then orders their attacks.
- I ref the round, and the next round attack orders switch and so on and so forth till we have a winner!
"So shine bright tonight, you and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky”
Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund
Really sorry for the delay. I actually did not notice the thread coming up when it did. o///o

Spoiler: show

Name: Kerrigan
Species: Mantlarva
Level: 26
Type: Bug / Ground
Nature: Brave
Ability: Compoundeyes
Held Item: Silver Powder
Level Up Moves: [--] Tackle, [--] String Shot, [04] Sand-attack, [08] Horn Attack, [13] Bite, [16] Scary Face, [20] Mud Bomb, [24] Iron Defense
Egg Moves: Leech Life, Mud Shot, Pursuit, Tail Glow
Tutored Moves: Earth Power
Tech Moves: Dark Pulse, Dig, Double Team, Hidden Power [Psychic], Rock Tomb, Swords Dance
Hidden Moves: None
Custom Moves: Blow Back

It was round 2 for the unique coccoon Pokémon. Last time she was at a real Trainer match, she had lost painfully against a mighty Piplup despite Kerrigan's best efforts. Wih her loss however, came forth evolution, triggered by an intense desire for strength. Kerrigan was definitely a quiet one, perhaps too quiet, but above all, ambitious and brave. Losing was not an option and Balmund could feel her determination.

The dragon tamer takes his place in the arena and greets his ever diligent referee before turning respectfully to his opponent. "Good Luck! I'm going all out here, so you'd better give it your best too!" He greeted her.

"Alright Kerrigan, let's do this! Start out with a Swords Dance, then go full on the offensive with a ramming Horn Attack followed up by your Leech Life!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew
Hello again! Ready for my second match, even though I haven't finished my first one yet ^^; X) If I miss anything, please mention it to me; I'm a bit tired right now and I tend to mess up at some things when I am -_-;

Pokémon Stats:
Species: Poochyena
Name: Max
Type: Dark
Level: 45
Ability: Quick Feet (Boosts speed with status problem)
Nature: Brave (+Atk/-Spd, Likes Spicy/Hates Sweet)
Pokeball:Pokéball
Held Item:Blackglasses
Obtained: Starter
Moves:Beauty: 0
IQ: 9
Contest Stats: 10/10/10/10/10
Birthday: September 1st
Evolution Chain: ;261; - Lv 18 -> ;262;

Declaring items:
x2 Potions [x]

Intro/Three Starting Moves
Okiku couldn't wait to get into the second battle she ever registered for and to see Max, her long-time best friend, managed a fight with a trainer. Sure, The two battled against other Pokémon and one trainer, but it was the Poochyena's first official one. Her excitement went over 9000 when she took her first steps into the beautiful area. She awed at the very lush and sparkling grass and the lone cherry tree, although it wasn't wearing the young adult's favourite pink hue on its leaves, it still displayed an impressive display or red and gold, reminding her of a Chinese new year's decorations.

"This is gonna be so awesome!" she squealed, in a whispered manner out of shyness.

After being placed in the trainer box, she politely saluted the referee with a nod, then waived her hand high to her opponent, a trainer slightly older than her named Balmund.

"Good luck out there!" she yelled out. "May the less sucky trainer wins!"

As soon as the referee gave the signal, Okiku plucked out a very used and scratched Pokéball, gave it a good luck kiss, and threw it on the field. In a flash of light, a Poochyena comes out of it and happily wagged his tail in anticipation of the battle.

"Time to show what you're got, Max!" she supported her starter. "You've been waiting for something like this for a while, so give it your all!" He barked loudly in response. "So go for it! Start by pumping up with a nice Howl, then Attack it with some Sand in his eyes, and finally show off your Flying Hidden Power!"
Okiku was excited for this battle with her starter Pokemon whilst her opponent was very determined just like his chosen Pokemon. They had both chosen the beautiful Stardust Fields to battle in and after listening to the rules they quickly made their way over to their trainer boxes. Okiku shyly smiled at the ref while Balmund gave her a respectful nod and both revealed their Pokemon this match-up. For Balmund it was his Mantlarva Kerrigan. Th last time she had battled she had lost against a strong little Piplup but it had made her stronger and she was ready to win this time. For Okiku it was her Poochyena Max who was stronger than he looked. They had battled together before but not against another trainer like this. Both Pokemon stared each other down and the referee raised her flag ... the battle was on!

Max sits back on his haunches and Howls to the sky feeling a boost in his attack power. The sound sent chills down the spines of the trainers giving them goose pimples, he certainly looked pumped now. Kerrigan had a similar idea and began to move back and forth moving her tail around her as she performed her Swords Dance boosting her own attack power, more so than her opponent. After her little performance she starts charging towards Max with her Horn elongating and growing white as she prepared to Attack him with it. The puppy had turned around and just as she approached he dug his heels in and kicked up some Sand in an Attack to try and blind his opponent. Kerrigan winces as the dirt gets in her eyes but it doesn't halt her momentum and she crashes into Max with her attack sending them both tumbling.

They both get back to their feet quickly and Kerrigan blinks against the sand in her eyes and moves to Leech the Life from Max but he dodges out of the way and she misses biting down on thin air. Max chuckles and summons orbs of flying energy around his body before sending it out towards Kerrigan who winces in pain at the super effective damage it deals.

Health: 81%
Energy: 87%

Health: 92%
Energy: 89%

Balmund to post followed by OkikuMew

Last edited by Arc_Angel; 11-29-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Balmund's eyes flicker as he takes a good look at his opponent. He had seen the Poochyena once some time ago while this match was first being arranged, and boy, had he grown much more ever since. Though still a pup in appearance, it was definitely one to be wary about. This should be... an interesting match.

Kerrigan seemed to have been slightly handicapped as sand got into her eyes, though Balmund was not too worried, knowing full that the complexities of her Compoundeyes could definitely offset the mild hindrance. All one had to do was to keep up to offensive. The Poochyena, quick and nimble as he was, would have a hard time dodging forever, and Balmund intented to make to make it even harder.

"Quick, cripple him with a String Shot! Proceed to trap him within a Rock Tomb before bursting him within it with your Earth Power!"

Last edited by Balmund; 11-27-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Removing sig
Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Okiku clenched her fist as the battle started. As much as she spent a lot of time training her starter, she didn't know much about his bug-typed opponent until now, and have a feeling it's going to be one tough battle, especially since the first round fell fairly on a draw, with nobody having the upper hand. The two however, especially Max for being very hard-headed, are not going to back down. The trainer quickly whipped up a strategy fit for Balmund's, hoping though her companion can pull it all off.

"Ok Max, try to counter Kerrigan's strings by biting them off and bite her in the process with your Fire Fangs, then show her how Assured you are of yourself even with all she have done to you so far, and how Scary your Face can get!"
Old 11-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 2

It had been a pretty even start to the match with both Pokemon taking damage and using up small amounts of energy doing so. Kerrigan had some bad luck with her miss even with her boosted accuracy but hopefully this time luck was on her side. Max was ready to go on the attack again. Kerrigan starts off by firing off a String Shot but she just misses, seriously this poor bug has really bad luck! Max capitalises on this miss by rushing in towards her and biting down hard with his Fire Fang making her scream in pain. Max lets go of the Mantlarva who was lucky not to have received a burn from the attack, well she had a little luck it would seem. He backs off wagging his tail preparing his net move but Kerrigan has other plans. Fuelled by frustration and anger and hits the ground setting up a Rock Tomb around the puppy and protecting herself.

The tomb itself had a few rocks in it but was mainly made of thick soil and grasses. Max looks about from within the tomb wondering what to do, he was still powering up his Assurance filling his mind with negative thoughts and feeling the dark aura surround him he charges at one of the walls bursting through. Kerrigan too had been preparing her own attack and pumps ground energy into the soil and the unsuspecting Ma gets blasted with the Earth Power sending him flying back skidding along the ground. Ma slowly gets back to his feet feeling a little shaky but he walks back over to Kerrigan and gives her his Scariest Face and she shudders, he looked angry and his fangs looked wicked big and sharp.

Health: 67%
Energy: 73%

Health: 77%
Energy: 72%

OkikuMew to post followed by Balmund
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

This time around, it seems the winds of the battle are turning to Okiku and Max's favour, as Kerrigan's String Shot ended up missing its target, and as far as Okiku can tell, Max did most of the damage. After rubbing her chin a few times, Okiku comes up with a probably risky strategy.

"Alright boy, try to throw some more Sand at her so there's less chances she hits you... then show some Swag to confuse her, and take that opportunity to quickly come to me so I can spray you with a Potion!"

OoC: Potion used is #2/4.

Last edited by OkikuMew; 11-29-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Added note of potion used.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
Balmund
'Munds of fun

OoC: Having consulted with Arc, and with Okiku's consent, I'm declaring this bottle of Fresh Water [1/5] and this Leppa Berry [1/1] as my healing items for use during the course of this match.

Missing twice in a row! Talk about unlucky. Max was certainly starting to gain the edge in all possible areas, both physical and psychological, but it wasn't too late to turn things around.

"Don't be scared of that pup! You're bigger, meaner and have faced much sharper fangs before!" Balmund encouraged her. "Swords Dance one more time before striking him down with a pair of Leech Life!"

If things went as planned, the spinning ritual should not only work as a defensive maneuver against Max's crippling tactics, but it should also help boost Kerrigan's morale by placing her in a more berserk state. From there, it was payback time. Try outhealing this!

::FB::WF::

Last edited by Balmund; 11-29-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 3

Max is happily wagging his tail with how well he was doing in this battle whilst Kerrigan was feeling chagrined at her run of bad luck. Max is hoping to keep up his success and digs his heels in kicking up Sand in an Attack directed at the Mantlarva and she winces as more of the foul substance enters her eyes, damn that dog! She begins to Dance like a sharpened Sword feeling the wonderful boost in her attack power that made her feel better.

Max begins to Swagger around Kerrigan boasting about his success and hoping to confuse Kerrigan but with her reduced vision the move isn't all too successful. She can see him moving but its blurred and the move fails. She's not quick enough to get to Max before he's called back by his trainer. She sprays him with a Potion healing some of his injuries. He gets back into the fray and Kerrigan strikes catching him this time with her Leech Life making him whine in pain. With her boosted attack the normally weak attack was super powerful and super effective!!

She wastes no time using her Leech Life again to siphon off even more health and making Max howl in agony. The puppy was not so confident now.

Health: 81%
Energy: 61%

Health: 72%
Energy: 63%

Last edited by Arc_Angel; 12-10-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Sorry, made a mistake with the percentages ... that's what I get for not reffing for a while =/
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Perfect! How quick can tides turn in a single round! This was what excited Balmund about Pokémon battles. The momentum had shifted in their favor now, and Balmund knew he needed to make the most of it, by keeping up with the pressure.

"Use Leech Life again, Kerrigan, and keep at it as aggresively as you can! If Max decides to break apart from you, use your String Shot to tie him in place.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Okiku's doubts about her risks of her strategy in the previous round were confirmed as it turned for the worst. She bit her lip as she watched her companion being in pain in such a short time.

"Put some sand into her eyes once more," she hoped almost aloud of lowing the Mantlarva's accuracy as much as possible to save her Poochyena. "If you get stuck into her strings or she misses an attack at you, bite down on either the strings or her with your Fire Fangs, but if she hits you, it's Payback time, every time!" She paused a little, thinking what she have just said. "...Well, every time after she hits you, that is," she precised what she meant.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 4

Both Balmund and Kerrigan had matching grins on their faces, this was it, they had turned the match around and it wouldn't take them long to finish their opponent off. They had been overdue a win for a while and even though she was half the level of her opponent (*cough* the reason for the edit ... I kinda forgot ^-^;; ) she was still fighting hard. Max was shaking off the pain of the attack, despite the Potion his health had fallen below its previous level. Okiku still had faith in her loyal starter, he could pull through this!

Kerrigan carries on with her assault using her Leech Life to drain even more health off the Poochyena, this was hoe she battled! Max shakes off the pain as best as he could and he digs his paws in the ground spraying her with more Sand Attack lowering her accuracy further, hopefully she would miss him now.

Being faster he manages throw Kerrigan off and pounces on her chomping down on her hard with his Fire Fang and this time is was Kerrigan who let out a pained sound. As Max backs off he can see that he left a burn on her shell with teeth marks in the centre, that was turning the tides once again. Kerrigan bears down and ignores the red hot poker in her side and even with her poor vision manages to get off another Leech Life feeling the relief of her health being restored.

Max whines in pain but begins to charge up dark energy around his form and leaps up before slamming back down crushing Kerrigan beneath him with his Payback dealing good damage due to the pain he had been suffering. Kerrigan holds on though and uses her last Leech Life feeling the drain of the repetitive use of the move but it was healing her.

Health: 56%
Energy: 49%
Burnt

Health: 18% -
Energy: 49%

Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Okiku lifted her hands up in the air, nervously flexing her fingers in a way she seemed to have wanted to pull her hair out, but holding herself not to. She was glad the opponent ended up with a burn, but she was more worried about the health of her pal.

"Max, quickly come back here so I can give you another potion!" she waved towards herself. "After that, keep attacking with your Fire Fangs!"

OoC: Potion used is #3/4 of the total of all my potions, 2/2 of the battle.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
Balmund
'Munds of fun

"Time for a break. Come over here for some Fresh Water, Kerrigan." Balmund instructed his Pokémon as his opponent did the same. He could almost hear the bells ringing in his head as if marking the end of a round at a boxing match.

Kerrigan had suffered a nasty burn from Max's attack, but she still looked to be considerably healthier than his opponent and at this point, and definitely looked like the more confident one, a fact which Balmund intended to capitalize upon on this round. "He's coming hard and aggressive this round, throw him off with your Double Team, then show him how terrifying your Scary Face truly is!" Hopefully, not only would the illusions help avoid those powerful attacks, they would also make his attempt at intimidation that much more effective. It was one thing to be stared down by a big, nasty bug. It was another to be stared down by many.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #14
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 5

Max is shaking on his leg from the pain of the super-effective bug attacks he's been subjected to. His trainer is obviously concerned for him and calls him back with a Potion ready to heal his more serious injuries. Max sighs as he instantly begins to feel better. Balmund noticing this does the same with Kerrigan giving her a nice cool refreshing Fresh Water to drink making her feel instantly better.

Max gets back into the battle and his teeth flame up and using his superior speed he chomps down on Kerrigan with his Fire Fang. Kerrigan shakes off the pain and begins to move back and forth leaving copies behind her and using her Double Team creates 2 copies leaving Max looking about in confusion. Max has to make the decision which Kerrigan to attack he takes a deep breath and leaps at one of the bugs biting through it with his Fire Fang and the copy is destroyed. Kerrigan grins and both of them fix Max with their Scary Face making him whine and back off his tail between his legs scared by the pair of them.

Health: 55%
Energy: 34%
Burnt 1 Copy Remains

Health: 43%
Energy: 39%
Fire Energy Depleted

Last edited by Arc_Angel; 12-15-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: You're right, his fire energy should be depleted now.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
Balmund
'Munds of fun

"Chase after him with your Pursuit, then nail it where it hurts with another pair of Leech Life!" Balmund immediately order after witnessing Max being successfully intimidated by the Mantlarva. They looked to be about even health-wise, but Kerrigan now looked the better one of them both psychologically, and if things went as planned this would spell victory for them.

(How's Max's Fire Energy btw? O.o)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Things finally got a bit evened out as Max's health went up and was able to bite him with her Fire Fangs. However, Kerrigan was able to be healed too, plus she made a few copies of herself with Double Team. And not to mention another slew of Leech Life ordered by Balmund...

"Don't be afraid of her," Okiku encouraged her Poochyena, "I know you can do better than that, and you can find the real one out of the copy, too! Sleuth her Odor to sniff her out of the open and make her fail at doing that trick on you again, then dodge whatever attack that comes after that, and finally blow her out of the way with your Flying Hidden Power!"

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-15-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Fixing grammar.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 6

Kerrigan is quick to move on the Pursuit of Ma who was too scared to move or dodge and she slams into him sending them both tumbling. They get back to their feet and Max shakes out of his stupor before sniffing the air to find the real Kerrigan. His Odor Sleuth is successful and Kerriganhe stares right at Kerrigan but it doesn't stop her latching onto him with another Leech Life. Max howls in pain and tries to shake the bug off but she's holding on tight. He ins unable to dodge her and so he goes on the attack using his Hidden Power (Flying) to knock Kerrigan off him sending her flying and landing with a thump.

Kerrigan rights herself and comes back for another Leech Life and Max trips over his own feet trying to dodge but Kerrigan's eyes water and she misses too, well that was lucky and unlucky all at the same time.

Health: 43%
Energy: 27%
Burnt 1 Copy Remains

Health: 25%
Energy: 31%
Fire Energy Depleted

Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Okiku's confidence of the battle's results went back down again Max no longer have the strength to use his fire fangs, while Kerrigan hit him again with a Pursuit and another infamous Leech Life. Thankfully, she missed on her second try to leech the dog's life, the pooch's trainer knew he still have a few tricks under his fur, and she have an idea how to get the bug off of him. She just hopes those tricks will be enough to pull out a recovery and finish the battle before he himself is finished...

"Max, run to the tree and Tackle Kerrigan against it so she'll be off your back! Then throw some more sand into her eyes, and finally, while she's blind, move her away from you by biting into her and throw her as far as you can!"
Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #19
Balmund
'Munds of fun

"This is it! Trade blows with a Tackle of your own. Yours will prove to be the strongest. Proceed to mess him up with a Mud Bomb to the face and finish off with your Earth Power!"
Old 01-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #20
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 7

Max glares at the bug stuck to his back and begins to run towards the tree with the intention of Tackling her off him but upon spotting this the Mantlarva lets go. Max comes to a skidding halt and both Pokemon charge towards one another meeting head first in brutal clash of Tackles. Max seems to have taken the harder hit due to Kerrigans greater attack power. Both get back to their feet their eyes meeting in narrowed gazes. Max turns around and fires a Sand Attack kicking the mud towards Kerrigan as she launches a tightly packed Mud Bomb back at him. The Bomb dissipates the sand and slams into Max making him howl in pain and falls to his feet.

Kerrigan feels drained from all her attacks but Max was barely able to get back on his feet, she could feel victory within her grasp. He manages to limp towards her and Bite down on her hard skin making her wince in pain. She tries to shake him off in a parody of earlier but he was holding on tight. She sighs with resignation and concentrates hard pumping ground energy into the Earth around her. She closes her eyes as she feels the Power explode beneath them sending them both flying away from each other and landing with a hard thud. Both trainers look on with concern, Kerrigan slowly begins to move and right herself panting hard and covered with scratches and teeth marks but she was okay, Max however had swirls in his eyes as the Earth Power finished him off.

"Max is unable to battle, Kerrigan is the winner!"

Health: 12%
Energy: 09%
Burnt 1 Copy Remains

Health: 00%
Energy: 19%

Congratulations to Balmund and Kerrigan. You've done it at last, I knew there was a win for you just around the corner. You had the luck of a type advantage and even with the level difference (and my adjusting the attack power of your Pokemon to compensate) you pulled it out of the hat, well done. Kerrigan will feel happier with a victory under her belt now.
For her victory Kerrigan receives this . She also receives two levels.

Commiserations to OkikuMew and Max, you both did really well and had a sound strategy, the one thing that made it difficult was all those Swords Dances pushing up Kerrigan's attack power and even then you made them work for the victory. This was a good battle I hope to see more from you soon. Max receives 1 XP for participating in the battle.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Okiku couldn't believe her eyes: her beloved Max got hit attack after attack after one last attack, while his own move was almost all for nothing, like a sword trying to kill water by hitting it. When she saw him knocked out, she screamed his name to wake him up, but he stayed down, his eyes twirling in circles, as she heard the referee yell his verdict, the trainer's lips started shaking and her eyes got watery. To keep face though, she bit her bottom lip, lowered her face and dried her upcoming tears with her arm. She ran towards her Poochyena and takes him into her arms.

"A-are you ok buddy?" she stuttered. Her dog Pokémon barely barked, trying his best to reassure his best friend despite his injuries. "Alright alright, don't force yourself too much," Okiku whispered, "You did very well out there. But now, get some rest; and I'll bring you to the Pokécenter as fast as I can."

She pulls out his Pokéball and called him back into it. As he got transferred, she let out a big sigh, trying to control her emotions. She lightly bowed at the referee as a thank you, then turned her attention to her two opponents.

"Congrats Balmund, both you and your Pokémon did well and won fair and square, although it was a close one. Perhaps another time we could do a rematch."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Commiserations to OkikuMew and Max, you both did really well and had a sound strategy, the one thing that made it difficult was all those Swords Dances pushing up Kerrigan's attack power and even then you made them work for the victory. This was a good battle I hope to see more from you soon. Max receives 1 XP for participating in the battle.
Claiming 1 XP for my Poochyena, Max.

Congrats Balmund, I thought for a second there I had a chance, but guess not XP On hindsight, I shouldn't have taken the risk of using Swagger... Maybe after some time training both of our Pokémon, we could make a rematch!

And thanks a bunch Arc for reffing the battle! ^^

Last edited by OkikuMew; 01-01-2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Adding Max's species on the XP claim in case...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #22
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Max glares at the bug stuck to his back and begins to run towards the tree with the intention of Tackling her off him but upon spotting this the Mantlarva lets go. Max comes to a skidding halt and both Pokemon charge towards one another meeting head first in brutal clash of Tackles. Max seems to have taken the harder hit due to Kerrigans greater attack power. Both get back to their feet their eyes meeting in narrowed gazes. Max turns around and fires a Sand Attack kicking the mud towards Kerrigan as she launches a tightly packed Mud Bomb back at him. The Bomb dissipates the sand and slams into Max making him howl in pain and falls to his feet.

Kerrigan feels drained from all her attacks but Max was barely able to get back on his feet, she could feel victory within her grasp. He manages to limp towards her and Bite down on her hard skin making her wince in pain. She tries to shake him off in a parody of earlier but he was holding on tight. She sighs with resignation and concentrates hard pumping ground energy into the Earth around her. She closes her eyes as she feels the Power explode beneath them sending them both flying away from each other and landing with a hard thud. Both trainers look on with concern, Kerrigan slowly begins to move and right herself panting hard and covered with scratches and teeth marks but she was okay, Max however had swirls in his eyes as the Earth Power finished him off.

"Max is unable to battle, Kerrigan is the winner!"

Health: 12%
Energy: 09%
Burnt 1 Copy Remains

Health: 00%
Energy: 19%

Congratulations to Balmund and Kerrigan. You've done it at last, I knew there was a win for you just around the corner. You had the luck of a type advantage and even with the level difference (and my adjusting the attack power of your Pokemon to compensate) you pulled it out of the hat, well done. Kerrigan will feel happier with a victory under her belt now.
For her victory Kerrigan receives this . She also receives two levels.

"Yes! Kerrigan, you did it!" Balmund rushed towards his Pokémon, clearly joyous and proud for her achievement. The Bug-type looked worned out after this encounter, bite markings and dents adorning the entirety of her battle armor, but she also looked happy and proud nonetheless. This fight would teach her an important lesson to further her development in her quest for power: underestimate no one, however small and weaker they may look. Kerrigan certainly was the larger of the two, and had the type advantage to boot, but Max's experience far surpassed her own, and made her work hard for her win. Kerrigan levels up from Lv.26 to 28!

Balmund turns to his rival, who seemed to be trying hard to control her emotions; a thing which he could understand very well - he was no stranger to defeat. She congratulates him for a well-earned victory. "Hah, that Max of yours is a total beast too! I can only imagine what he will do when he grows even more. We should totally have a rematch, keep it up!"

"Thanks for reffing once again Stacey!" He then waved to his ever diligent referee before recalling his Pokémon into the safety of his Cyber Ball and moving onwards to his next destination.

Last edited by Balmund; 01-06-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive