UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 09-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #351
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Amity nodded as she finished her observations and fluttered away from the cooking supplies. 'Yup, you all look like fun people! Well, I shouldn't be holding you up anymore- see ya!' She then flew out of the room with a cheerful 'wheeee!'.

Ami nodded. "Right, so... ready when you are, little Miss!"

Nadie took a deep breath, his face reddening quite a bit. 'U-um, would you like... to have children?' As soon as the words were out there, he began to flutter abut in a flustered manner. 'I-itdoesn'thavetobenowatallandit'stotallyfineifyoudo n'tand...!'

~ ~ ~

Chroma kept petting Artemis' head for a few minutes before pulling her arm away and looking down at her with a smile. "Nobody here's going to attack you for no reason. Well, my sister's clauncher might, so I'd recommend staying away from the pool if you can help it!"

'You want to hold all pokemon under your varied offensive might, huh?' Elen asked, certain that having so many offensive moves would prove to be somewhat advantageous. 'Well, with my usual Ability, I don't think I really need so many moves myself- I plan on having a few high-powered moves that only make me more powerful when i use them whenever I can't out-trick my opponents!' He chuckled a bit. 'Of course, I can't quite do that yet- I only know once such move at the moment, after all!'

'Well, I'd gladly take a shy teammate over a rowdy one, any day!' Bell declared. 'Both have the potential to be lifesavers, so there's no need to worry about anything in hat regard!'

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #352
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Little miss bobbed and began to look around the kitchen for ingredients.
Frieghya looked surprised,Oh Nadie! Absolutely. the Espeon ran forward and licked the woobat on the nose.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓÒò furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #353
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh, sorry, let me help you with that!" Ami pointed Little Miss towards the wet ingredients while she gathered the flour and sugar.

'R-really?' Nadie asked in surprise- he hadn't expected such an immediate positive answer! 'I-I... That's great! Awesome, even! Oh, Freighya, thank you!' He kissed her on the head and flew a happy circle through the air.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #354
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii aand Lapis stood by while the ledyba went to work. Little miss worked quickly and tasted the batter every now and then.
Frieghya smiled and watched her mate happily.

Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #355
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Artemis immediately glanced around, a wild, combative look in her eye, at the mention of this belligerent Clauncher. "Wurmple! Wurmple wurm!" she announced, feeling ready to take on this Clauncher should it show itself.

"Yeah, Artemis, I would advise not picking fights like that," Keith said to his Wurmple. "You might be tough, but you still need training to become even tougher, y'know?"

"Wurmple Wurmple wurm," nodded the Shiny Wurmple, glancing around. As she spotted Elenchos, she crawled off towards him.

"Oh, for the love of... I didn't mean right now," Keith said, but Artemis didn't seem to hear him.

"Heheh, yup!" grinned Eon in response to Elenchos's question. "I don't wanna evolve- I wanna become stronger than any Eeveelution, just the way I am!" She listened to the rest of what Elenchos said, but before she could respond-

"Hey! You!" came a small voice. Eon's tail started to wag as she saw Artemis approaching. She faced the Inkay, striking a combative pose. "You. Me. Battle. Right now! What do you say?"

"Elen, if you don't want to battle her, I'll battle her instead," whispered Eon. "That's Artemis, she's a friend of mine."

Anion nodded in response, having nothing more to say on the matter at the moment. After a short pause, she spoke up again. "So, wanna go back, see if your Trainer's back yet?" she asked.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #356
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami watched closely and handed the ledyba ingredients when instructed. "Okay, i think I messed up there last time..."

'Oh, should we go tell our trainers?' Nadie asked as he slowed to a top. 'Oh, but what if one of them says no? What do we do then...?'

~ ~ ~

"...Well, she's certainly eager," Chroma quipped as Artemis crawled away. "You sure have a whole lot of battle-hungry pokemon on your team, to put it mildly!"

'Haha, leave it to someone with a lot of options to buck them all to the curb!' Elen exclaimed in response to Eon's declaration. 'I think I'm going to risk mine- others might be afraid of the idea, but I don't exactly have much to lo-' He jumped in surprise at Artemis' call and flipped upside down to see who it was. '...Sorry, I'll have to decline your challenge- I just finished one and don't feel like doing another one so quickly!'

'Yeah, let's do that,' Bell agreed, and led the way back into the main hall. 'Do you still have your memory?'

Old 09-12-2017, 08:39 PM   #357
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"I sure do," Keith nodded.

"Goes well wit deir battle-hungry Trainer," Meowth piped up. "I don't tink dis guy's eva turned down a battle challenge in his life."

Eon nodded as Elenchos stated that he'd take the risk of evolving despite how fearful others were at the idea of Malamar.

Artemis scoffed as Elenchos declined her challenge, but did not dwell on it so much, for Eon was more than ready to fight. "You and me, then, Eon?" asked the Shiny Wurmple.

"Aw, yeah!" grinned Eon as the pair of Shinies positioned themselves across from each other on the battlefield. "Ready when you are!"

And was the Wurmple ever ready! Artemis responded with a quick and well-aimed String Shot, but Eon quickly proved ready as well, unleashing a small Flamethrower to burn up the strands before they could reach her. However, it seemed as though Artemis had expected this, for as the Flamethrower relented, it became clear she had started crawling under the fire, and quickly charged into Eon, landing a Tackle attack! Eon was knocked back a bit by this, but quickly recovered. And then, with a blue glow coming over the top of her head, she charged right back at Artemis, sending the Wurmple flying with Zen Headbutt. Far from looking deterred, however, Artemis took aim and fired String Shot, this time at the ceiling, and did not relinquish her grip on the other end of the string. The momentum caused her to spin around like the world's weirdest ceiling fan, before she snapped the string, launching herself right back at Eon for another Tackle. This one sent Eon skidding across the battlefield, and as the Shiny Eevee hastened to get back up, Artemis followed up with a volley of Poison Sting. But Artemis was ready, countering with Seed Bomb. The attacks collided in midair, creating small explosions wherever a seed met a needle.

"Yep," grinned Anion, indicating the weird yet cool-looking puzzle piece Miapladicus had made for her.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:11 PM   #358
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"So you're imprinting very heavily on them?" Chroma shook her head. "I guess young pokemon are just extremely impressionable like that!"

Elen watched the sparkling pair go about their fighting, making mental notes. While Eon was definitely displaying a far wider variety of moves, Artemis was definitely showing more skill and adaptability with the few she had- that, if anything, was a true sign of mastery in his eyes. Of course, he wasn't the most seasoned of veterans, so maybe his point of view didn't matter much- the pair were still neck and neck so far, after all!

'Great! I don't think you'd want to forget abut that!'
He shut the door behind Anion just as the one across the hall opened, and Ami entered the other side while speaking softly to something in a towel in her arms. 'Well, that was quick.'

Old 09-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #359
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Guess so," Keith agreed. "Though I also seem to attract the not-so-young ones that also love to battle. Case in point, that Vespiquen of mine," he chuckled. "And Anion, for that matter." He watched Artemis and Eon spar as he talked. "They're pretty good, huh?" he grinned. "Artemis trains with Hermione a lot- that Weedle of mine taught her a lot about making the most of a limited selection of attacks."

Once the Seed Bomb/Poison Sting standoff came to an end, the Shiny combatants charged at each other, but this time, it was Eon's Tackle who won out- Eon having Adaptability, she was able to put even more extra force into her Normal moves than the average Normal-type could boast.

Artemis stood in place several feet away from her friend, breathing a little heavily. "Not bad," she said, sounding mildly impressed.

"Not bad yourself," grinned Eon. "You got stronger. And that Poison Sting is new, almost caught me off-guard. Would have, in fact, except you told me you were close to learning it."

"Yeah, and I don't recall ever seeing you use Seed Bomb," responded Artemis. "Nice counterattack. Ready for more?"

"Bring it, Arti," grinned Eon. She charged forward for another Tackle, but this time, instead of meeting it head-on, Artemis tried firing String Shot into her path. But the Eevee was able to jump over it each and every time. Artemis could have dodged it... but no. She already knew a well-timed String Shot to the ceiling, followed by reeling it in, would let her evade the attack with ease. But she was tough- she didn't have to evade attacks, she had to find a way to take them head-on! She had to improvise somehow...

Artemis curled herself up, and unleashed String Shot upon herself, encasing herself in thick layers of sticky string, hoping this would cushion the blow from the Tackle and help her withstand it. And sure enough, the Tackle did not send Artemis flying like the last one. She rolled backwards a bit, but not very far. And then, there was struggling from within the layers of String Shot- Artemis wasn't able to break free from her own String Shot! "...Arti?" said Eon, sounding concerned for her friend.

But then, the big wad of silk ceased movement. For several tense moments, all was silent and still. And then... and then the whole thing glowed brightly, a blue-white glow emanating from the silken wad. The shape didn't change much, as it was already in the basic shape it was looking to become. Keith grinned- Artemis, without even knowing it, had set the stage for her evolution, and as the glow faded, what had been a wad of silk with a helpless bug trapped within was now the solid neon green shell of a ! That said, Keith had no idea which way Artemis had just evolved- this was the first he was ever seeing of this line's middle stage in Shiny form, and he didn't know if a neon green shell meant a Shiny Silcoon or a Shiny...

"Cascoon, the Cocoon Pokémon, and an evolved form of Wurmple. A Bug-type," said Keith's Pokédex, answering the question he was pondering. "Cascoon makes its protective cocoon by wrapping its body entirely with a fine silk from its mouth, which hardens once it surrounds its body. Once it evolves again, it seeks vengeance against those who have wronged it in this transitional stage. This specimen is Shiny," it added unnecessarily.

"Beau-u-u-u..." Fatale murmured. If her mouth wasn't so long, narrow, and needle-like, she would have been beaming with pride at her daughter's evolution, said pride thoroughly overshadowing what little regret there was at the fact that she did not become a Silcoon like her mother did so many years ago- Artemis's father, after all, was just as much a part of her life as Fatale was.

"Oh, wow, you evolved!" grinned Eon. "How's it feel?"

"Weird. Different," replied Artemis. "I no longer feel nimble or agile, or even mobile... but I do feel sturdy."

"Well, we'll just see how sturdy!" Eon declared, charging in for another Tackle. Artemis responded with a bright gleam that came over her entire shell, the Harden attack making the shell tougher still. Eon rammed into Artemis, but barely knocked the Shiny Cascoon back at all.

"Not bad," remarked Artemis, her tone implying that she was smiling despite lacking a discernible mouth in this stage. "Now let's see how this works out!" And with that, she unfurled a pair of silk spikes from the surface of her shell, firing a Poison Sting from them directly at Eon, who once again went for the Seed Bomb as a counterattack, though this time some of the needles managed to make it past the seeds.

"Yeah, sure was," replied Anion. "What's she got there?" she added, indicating the towel in Amicae's arms- and more to the point, whatever was within said towel.

Code:
What? Wurmple is evolving!

...!!

Congratulations! Your Wurmple evolved into Cascoon!

*Artemis learned Harden!*
Old 09-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #360
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Little miss smiled reassuringly and showed ami her secret ingredient, a little bit of coconut.
Frieghya nuzzled the woobat My trainer would be thrilled to know, she's very accepting.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-14-2017, 10:54 PM   #361
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami blinked, having been caught by surprise. "...Coconut? I, uh, definitely wouldn't have thought of that!"

Nadie slowed to a stop and took a couple deep breaths. '...I-I don't think... mine would say no, either...' He gave a weak chuckle. 'What was I so worried about?'

~ ~ ~

"She's certainly proven to be a slippery one!" Chroma agreed... just before the wurmple tied herself up. "Uh, make that a sticky one?"

'That can't eb doog!'
Elen exclaimed, breaking his Role Play to rush ahead and try to help the tussed up Bug type... only to get a face full of brilliant energy. 'Kceh eht tahw?!' He blinked the spots from his eyes to find that the silken mass has turned green- and grown a pair of defiant-looking eyes! 'E-enif s'ehs sseug I...?' he uttered as he floated back towards the spectators' area, clearly still dazzled by the sudden evolution.

"That was certainly unexpected!" Chroma bluted out. "Who would've guessed that an evolution would happen in my place so soon after I moved in? And from one so new to life, at that!" She shook her head. "I guess it's true that Bug types grow fast when they want to, then!"

'I... don't actually know,'
Bell admitted, looking a bit curious. 'Probably a new teammate? Though they're probably quite young if Mother's carrying them like that...'

Old 09-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #362
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Kawaii smiled, "it makes the cookies have a unique texture and deepens the flavor."
Frieghya smiled So do you want to go tell them?

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #363
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Ah, okay," the girl acknowledged. "Well, you're the master here, so sprinkle away!"

Nadie took one last moment to calm his nerves and returned his mate's smile with a more confident one than he had before. 'Yeah, let's. It won't any good to wait, after all!'

Old 09-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #364
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

Little miss nodded and finished mixing the batter.
Frieghya grinned and ran into the kitchen.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-15-2017, 06:22 PM   #365
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Alright, give me a sec!" Ami rummaged through a cabinet, pulled out a pair of baking sheets, and laid them out flat. "There! Can't make cookies without those, right?"

'H-hey, wait up!'
Nadie cried out as he attempted to keep up with her. Thankfully, his not having to climb the stairs helped him get back to Freighya's side.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:42 PM   #366
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

The ledyba laid down a careful sphere of dough and began to make more, once she had half of the first tray complete she turned to ami and gestured as if to say that ami should try and finish. Then Little miss set the oven to preheat and set a timer.
Freighya wanderred towards the kitchen and waited for the trainer's to finish baking.

Hater of loss meme
Old 09-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #367
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Artemis's predicament did not go unnoticed by Chroma or Elenchos, though before the latter could do something to help, said help was rendered unnecessary by the Shiny Wurmple's evolution into Cascoon.

"Two evolutions," Keith reminded Chroma. "Apa evolved earlier, don't forget. But yeah, very true," he nodded. "Wurmple tend to evolve very young- Artemis's father was the same way. I can't speak for Fatale, though- I caught her in the Beautifly stage."

Meanwhile, the battle between Eon and Artemis had kept on going for a little longer, but now, Artemis was sufficiently tired out to call it quits, having experienced flinching for the first time (as she no longer had Shield Dust to stop Zen Headbutt's side effect). Eon was looking happy, though tired and poisoned, prompting Keith to produce a Pecha Berry to feed her.

"Well, what say we find out?" asked Anion.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #368
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Ami carefully watched Little Miss' work, so she had a good idea of how much dough to use in each ball when she was indicated to finish the job. "...And done!" She declared as she dropped the last little bit. She turned to Lapis with the bowl. "Care for a bit of what's left?"

Nadie sniffed the air as they waited for their chance to share the news. 'It actually smells good this time...' he muttered, his nervous tension easing up a little.

~ ~ ~

"Ah, right!" Chroma backpedaled. "I guess witnessing a shiny one for the first time messed with me a little?" She shrugged. "Water under the bridge now!"

Elen approached Eon as the battle wound down. 'Doog yllaer, yllaer er'uoy! Gnihton rof sevom esoht lla nrael t'ndid uoy sseug!'

'I say "yay"!' Bell scuttled his way over to Ami and waved. 'Welcome back!'

There was a sudden snapping sound, followed by a surprised yelp of pain as orange pincers materialized from beneath the towel and clamped onto the girl's hand. "Ack! Are you going to do this with every new face?!"

Old 09-16-2017, 06:37 PM   #369
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith nodded. "It was pretty cool, wasn't it?" he grinned. "And I gotta admit, I was wondering which way Artemis would evolve. Wouldn't have minded either way, though I admit I'm glad to see she became a Cascoon."

Eon blinked in confusion as Elenchos spoke- this being the first time the Shiny Eevee had heard the Inkay speaking like he normally did. "Uh... what language is that?" asked Eon. "Doog... what?" Artemis said nothing, merely Hardening her new shell at the approach of the unfamiliar Inkay.

Anion opened her mouth to greet Ami as well, but was stopped by a sudden snapping sound. She could see the source, too- a pair of orange pincers clamping onto Amicae's hand. "Yow! That looks painful," observed Anion. "What just happened here?"
Old 09-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #370
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Oh, because you already have Fatale, right?" Chroma asked. "I suppose it does add a bit more variety to your team, but I don't think having two purple beautifly could hurt much~!"

'Huh?' Elen blinked a couple times before realizing his error. 'Hoooo!' He gave a nervous chuckle and quickly Role Played his trainer again. 'Sorry about that, kinda panicked when Artemis got herself tied up...'

'It seems... that I was right,' Bell answered, his own worry and confusion slipping into his voice. 'Hey, what did you do that for?'

He only got a sort of incoherent clacking noise in response, prompting Ami to heave a sigh. "This is Edrick, a pokemon known as 'grubbin'. He seems to be a bit nervous around new people..."

Old 09-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #371
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

There's that," nodded Keith. "Though it's also got to do with Dustox being a Poison-type. I'll gladly work with basically any Pokémon that comes my way, but it's with Poison-types where I truly shine as a Trainer."

"Heh, it's fine," Eon replied. "Yeah, I get it, I freaked out when that happened, too- Arti and I have been friends since she was born."

"...Thanks for the concern," Artemis spoke up. Elenchos's backwards speech had weirded her out, but she was starting to relax now. "I was worried about myself, too, but as I was trying to build up enough strength to break free, this happened instead. I didn't realize I was so close to evolving."

Fatale landed next to her daughter at this point. "I evolved young as well," she said to the green Cacoon. "Only I became Silcoon- you'll be more like your father when you evolve again."

"Aww, so I won't be able to suck blood like you, Mom?" asked Artemis.

"I wouldn't say that," Fatale replied with a chuckle. "Maybe not exactly like me, but if you want it badly enough, you'll find a way. And your battling skills are improving quite well, young lady," she added. She turned to Eon. "You, Eon," she said. "You gave my little girl another good battle. I'm glad she has a friend like you."

"I'm glad to have a friend like her," smiled Eon. "Oh, miss Fatale, this is Elenchos," she added.

"An Inkay, hmm?" responded Fatale. "Yes... Dark and Psychic. Two types that are weak to Bug, aren't they?" she said with the merest hint of a sadistic chuckle. Artemis gave a giggle at this.

"Don't worry about her," Eon whispered to Elenchos. "She likes freaking others out, but she won't hurt you unless you give her a real reason to."

"Oh..." murmured Anion. "Well... Hi, there, Edrick!" she said to the bundle. "We're not gonna hurt ya, I promise!"
Old 09-16-2017, 08:10 PM   #372
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Dustox are Poison types?" Chroma asked, clearly a little surprised. "I expected them to be either Flying or Psychic, to be honest."

The comment about blood sucking did offput Elenchos a little, but he was quick to remind himself that his kind did kinda... start digesting their food before actually eating it in the wild. The whole proboscis thing was probably more efficient than that, right? 'If nothing else, human straws might be able to help out a little,' he quipped up, figuring that the cascoon would have ways to get blood to start flowing once she got past this limited stage.

He gave a slight bow as Eon formally introduced him to the proud mother. 'A pleasure to meet you, miss! Oh, and I'm Normal at the moment- it wouldn't be very smart of me to leave myself wide open, no?' He nodded at Eon's explanation- he had no desire to incur Fatale's anger even without the quadruple weakness to Bug.

'Y-y-you're nooot?' a shaky voice responded from the blanket, despite the pincers not moving at all.

The human girl managed a small smile throuugh the pain. "He's speaking now. That's progress!"

Old 09-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #373
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Either type would fit it pretty well," Keith agreed. "But yeah, no, Bug and Poison. To be fair, though, Elenchos looks like he should be a Water-type," he added, gesturing to the Inkay. "Lots of Pokémon can be surprising with their types."

"Oh, yeah, like what they use to drink stuff," said Artemis. "Maybe that'd help, yeah!"

Fatale looked mildly amused and slightly impressed as Elenchos stated that he was currently a Normal-type. "Indeed," she replied. "It's almost a shame I almost never got such cautious visitors back in Cadaver Forest. I say 'almost', of course- the hopelessly stupid ones were my food source for many years, after all," she added with a slightly sadistic tone to her voice.

"Yeah, we just wanna meet you, make friends," Anion replied. "My name's Anion, and this is Bell."
Old 09-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #374
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"To be fair, both Darks and Psychics thrive on such trickery," Chroma added. "Not that it explains stunfisk, though."

'You'd be having some difficulty with this crew, then!' Elen declared. 'Except for the Pumpkasaur, perhaps. I sometimes wonder if he's even trying to use his mind...' He coughed. 'Anyway, you still occasionally hunt, I take it, seeing as old habits die hard and all that?'

'...Friends?' The towel shifted so that Edrick could see them.

'Yeah, friends!'
Bell answered. 'Besides, we're going to be living together from now on, so please relax!'

Old 09-16-2017, 10:41 PM   #375
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yeah, you're right, it doesn't explain Stunfisk," Keith agreed. "I mean, my Stunfisk may be weak to water, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying a good swim."

"Oh, believe me, when it comes to me, the only things that die hard are old habits," Fatale replied with a sinister snicker. "Yes, indeed, I still hunt. Keith is kind enough to procure Miltank blood for me, which I appreciate, but sometimes... sometimes you just gotta hear those slowly weakening screams of live prey dying a slow and agonizing death," she said, her eyes gleaming passionately. "It adds to the flavor. It truly does. Plus, blood doesn't get any fresher than from live prey, now does it?"

"Yeah, friends," agreed Anion. "Though I'm just visiting, so you won't see me as often, but you'll still see me around, I'm sure."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases