ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Your favorite pokemon of gen 7?

All of them..tbh.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
Psilo
Pokemon Trainer

I gotta say Char-Y. I made an awesome and versatile new set which really benefits the entire meta for versatileness.
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 115 HP / 252 Atk / 141 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Fire Punch
A brand new and innovative swords dance Char-Y set, which has never been used before with perfect comp ev's and earthquake, shadow claw, and stab fire punch. This set is brand new, game-changing, and meta replenishing. The versatile physical attacking set of this mon really catches people off-guard and contains the meta.
Psilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
I gotta say Char-Y. I made an awesome and versatile new set which really benefits the entire meta for versatileness.
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 115 HP / 252 Atk / 141 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Fire Punch
A brand new and innovative swords dance Char-Y set, which has never been used before with perfect comp ev's and earthquake, shadow claw, and stab fire punch. This set is brand new, game-changing, and meta replenishing. The versatile physical attacking set of this mon really catches people off-guard and contains the meta.
I might have to use this set myself soon. lmao

Last edited by ChampofPokemon; 10-25-2018 at 05:11 PM.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...Wut? Just... why would you do this?

Okay, first thing's first: while you're right that nobody's going to expect a Physical Megazard-Y, there's a perfectly valid reason for that: as respectable as a base 104 Attack stat is, it's a massive 55 base points lower than it's Special Attack. You're cutting out an entire voltorb from your offensive capabilities here! To make matters worse, your one STAB move is one with a measly 75 Base Power, on a pokemon that has access to Flare Blitz (which has 120 BP)! The only reason Fire Punch is actually even worth using over Earthquake in a neutral matchup is because of Drought, and that has an expiration date on it.

And really, what's the point of having Shadow Claw at all? It's a mediocre attack that does nothing to shore up the wholes in your offenses. Worried about Flash Fire chandelures? They're weak to Earthquake, which is significantly stronger. Afraid of some goofy Psychic Types? So long as Drought's active, Fire Punch is still going to do more damage! Don't you dare argue that you're going Crit. Fishing- this set doesn't have any of the other tools needed to make that actually reliable, nor Sniper to make the damage increase worthwhile since we're playing after Critical Hits got nerfed!

Oh, and those EV's are bothersome. You're one point too short to get another point in HP, and one point over what's needed to get a point in Speed. Is there any actual reason for for doing this? It's not like you have any healing you need to optimize by getting a specific HP score, after all! This just looks like nothing but a waste to me.

Oh, one last thing: by opting to use the Special Mega for a Physical Set, you have inadvertently kept OG charizard's crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, making this set suboptimal from a defensive standpoint as well. And at the low, low cost of your only Mega Slot on your team! Oh, what fun!

Don't get me wrong, this set can work just fine in-game. Just don't actually expect it to make massive splashes in Comp, like you're advertising!

Edit: *Looks at Thread Title again* ...Charizard's a Gen. 1 pokemon, and all the Mega Evolutions are Gen. 6. This is all sorts of bonkers!

My actually on-topic answer: araquanid.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"

Last edited by Median Dia; 10-25-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Aw, frick, I was gonna say Mimikyu but Araquanid's got me all kinds of confused...
both I spose

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #6
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

Gen 7 introduced quite a lot of Pokemon that I like, but my favorite has to be Turtonator.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:35 AM   #7
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

A lot of Gen 7 Pokémon appeal to me, so it's a tough call to make, but I'm thinking for me it's gotta be Naganadel.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON