UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #1
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Clannad

I have just watched the first episode of Clannad. Now, I will go after my thoughts in a little bit. First will be a little introduction. As everyone who has paid any attention to my comments might know, I have been chewing at the bit for this to release. Now as for why. You see, after watching Kanon, I was completely taken aback at how great it was. I felt like I just watched the greatest thing ever. Hell, I was breathless. When they had the preview to Clannad at the end, I was like "Great! Another anime that will give me this feeling again." It was a very long wait for this to release. Hell, I even watched a title that would give a similar feeling to tie me over (I am referring to Sola), but that only added to the hunger.

Now, after watching Kanon 2006 4 times, watching Air two times and hitting Sola, it is finally here. In my thoughts, I will compare this to Kanon and Air. After jibber jabbering a bit, here are my thoughts.

Clannad 1- For a first episode....to be honest, I was kind of disappointed. It just felt so rushed. I'm sure that is how it goes in the game, but being so familiar with Nagisa the first episode? Despite all of that, it was a nice episode. Not masterpiece nice, but nice nonetheless. I just hope they pick it up. Honestly, Air's first episode was a little weak as well and look at how it turned out. I can already tell that the whole "I have a weak body." thing that Nagisa said is what will cause all of the problems.

NOTE: I am comparing this to Kanon for Christ's sake. I might be a little tougher on this than I normally would. I still thoroughly enjoyed the episode.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Re: Clannad

I really like the first episode of Air! The central plot concerning Yukito, Misuzu, and her mother is very strong.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #3
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I never said I didn't like the first episode of Air ^_^; (why do people assume these things so quickly?). I have watched the first episode of Air like 7 times. Remember, I am comparing to Kanon. Lemme clarify.

Kanon episode one- Very nice episode. It was very funny, set up the plot well, and very nicely paced.

Air episode one- Pretty good. Set up the plot just as well, and was a little funny.

Clannad episode one- =/. It felt rushed, the humor attempts were kind of pathetic (I only laughed at Nagisa's goofy family), and they made it so freaking predictable. However, it was very sweet, and you just have to love Nagisa. I will rewatch this (as in right now). Oh, and if you didn't get it.....I liked the first episode!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:12 AM   #4
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Well, I have just watched episode 2. Before I tell my thoughts, I have something to say. I take back the thing I said about it being predictable. I have no place to say it, since I don't even know what is even going to happen. Since Dopple said it had no supernatural parts to it, I assumed that something was going to happen to Nagisa because of her weak body. That wasn't right of me to just assume that and call it predictable. Now, I will forget about what he said, and make some other guess, because something else is popping in my head. It's like reading a slight description of Sola and calling it predictable ^_^; and the last thing Sola is, is predictable.

Anyway, here's my thoughts.

Clannad 2- Yet another sweet episode. From this, I believe that Nagisa is the ghost girl. Notice that the only one who makes contact with her is Tomoya. I am probably wrong because this apparently has nothing supernatural, but I will go ahead and make this false assumption. Now, compared to Kanon and Air, Tomoya seems to have more background story than Yuuichi or Yukito (I actually kind of relate to Tomoya). This also introduced two more girls, and they seem to be very charming characters. I haven't learned their names yet. Anyway, I look forward to the next episode, and I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Oh, and since I don't want to waste time to post in my suggestion box, I will say it here. I am loading the Inukami! Movie and a Sola OVA as we speak. I will spit my thoughts in my suggestion box when I watch them.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I watched the first episode then swiftly deleted it!

Awful, awful generic stuff. Hate the art to >_<!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

*sigh*

You haven't really even seen it's plot yet. How can you call it generic? It was like me calling it predictable when I have only seen the first episode. However, if the past holds true, then it will be a very bittersweet title that will leave me in tears. It probably won't get going in maybe three or four episodes. It took Kanon seven episodes, and Air's plot was slowly unraveling while Yukito was going through others' paths. I was a little over-critical, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, I love the art. It changes the original Key art style a little bit, but is still gorgeous. I can't see a reason to dislike it. I mean, if you hate great looking scenery and cute girls, that's a reason, but that's it.

I guess some people can't be pleased.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:28 AM   #7
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

I've got to agree with Lindsay to an extent.

Clannad just feels wrong - it's like Kanon v.2.1 and I can't get myself worked up over another Kanon title where everything appears contrived/placed. The new Yuuichi. The new Sayuri (Nagisa). Comic-relief bed-fellow.

This is probably because I'm not a "moe moe" type of guy, but even I've found myself going "awww" during some titles, like this week's Hayate (which was VERY sweet). Clannad doesn't give the same effect.

Art-wise, it's on-par with Kanon though I like Kanon's better. And I hate the fanservice in Clannad, it's disgusting. The music ain't that great either.

Worst part of the show, though, are the fans. @_@

"weeaboo" gets thrown around a lot, but no better word describes a lot of the fans I've been seeing. Talon, BBB and BPK are refined folks...these people are as crude as possible. Apparently, Clannad is the best visual novel ever because some Japanese feel it is, and because Japan > ELC (obviously) their opinion, magnified to reflect the entire visual novel consumer population, is right. Nagisa is the best lead ever and that blue-haired...guy is the best lead ever for being "kind of cool".

=/

Sigh...maybe I'm just disappointed with what I learned of Clannad a while back. The Japanese speaking English players have been caught with their pants down - the "there's no magic in Clannad" chime is a great white lie, somewhat. It's not called magic in Clannad, it's "dreams".

Laaaaaame. -_-

I was expecting Clannad to resolve itself like School Days without the train-wreck, but apparently Key isn't KEY without its magical plot devices.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #8
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Clannad just feels wrong - it's like Kanon v.2.1 and I can't get myself worked up over another Kanon title where everything appears contrived/placed. The new Yuuichi. The new Sayuri (Nagisa). Comic-relief bed-fellow.
Well, I can't argue with you there, because my base reason for watching this is just as something to give the same effect as Kanon. However, I don't see Nagisa and Tomoyo as "replacements" or "the new (insert name here)". Their story is a different case. I see Nagisa's story to be like Shiori's =/ except for a little deeper and maybe better. That's not uncommon though. Key does kind of add elements from one story to another quite often. From what I have seen, Tomoya's story hasn't been used in Key.

Quote:
This is probably because I'm not a "moe moe" type of guy, but even I've found myself going "awww" during some titles, like this week's Hayate (which was VERY sweet). Clannad doesn't give the same effect.

Art-wise, it's on-par with Kanon though I like Kanon's better. And I hate the fanservice in Clannad, it's disgusting. The music ain't that great either.
I guess that's one reason not to like it much. I kind of like "moe-moe". However, I find it more cute than arousing. I happen to fall for things like that very quickly (actually, that is probably why I am still watching Da Capo >.<). Now, I find Nagisa to be very sweet. I haven't went "awww" yet, but still....

Now, as for the fan-service thing....EH!?!?! Umm...where have you found fanservice in this? If I found it, I would've bitched about it like I did with Little Busters. I really don't like fanservice in my Key titles. I mean, there were like three scenes in Kanon (one was unnecessary, one shows how awesome Yuuichi is, and the other kind of shows another side to a character), but I was fine with them. I don't really recall any in Air other than maybe Kanna, but that actually made sense (watch Air to know what I am taking about).

As for the art. It is kind of disheartening. Air is the last title to get the actual Key art. Clannad isn't too far from it, but it still changed. Every title after Clannad kept straying away from the original art (I understand Planetarian because the character designer for it was different). Now, as I said earlier, I really like Clannad's art. However, it is just a step closer to the death of a great and unique art style ;_;.

As for everything else you said....I hate spoiling myself, and the fact that you named the things like "Magic is replaced by dreams." kind of ****ed up my predictions and thoughts. Congratulations >.< Anyway, I won't throw a judgment about all of that until I finish.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Well, I can't argue with you there, because my base reason for watching this is just as something to give the same effect as Kanon. However, I don't see Nagisa and Tomoyo as "replacements" or "the new (insert name here)". Their story is a different case. I see Nagisa's story to be like Shiori's =/ except for a little deeper and maybe better. That's not uncommon though. Key does kind of add elements from one story to another quite often. From what I have seen, Tomoya's story hasn't been used in Key.
Oops, I meant to say Shiori not Sayuri.

Blue haired kid is Tomoya, then? Well, no male protagonist in Key has had a tragic background before independent of his interactions with the girls, so that is a plus, but if you've seen The Sixth Sense (which was a borrowed story anyway) things should be far clearer.

Quote:
Now, as for the fan-service thing....EH!?!?! Umm...where have you found fanservice in this? If I found it, I would've bitched about it like I did with Little Busters. I really don't like fanservice in my Key titles. I mean, there were like three scenes in Kanon (one was unnecessary, one shows how awesome Yuuichi is, and the other kind of shows another side to a character), but I was fine with them. I don't really recall any in Air other than maybe Kanna, but that actually made sense (watch Air to know what I am taking about).
Bouncing breasts accompany bouncing basketballs.

Quote:
As for everything else you said....I hate spoiling myself, and the fact that you named the things like "Magic is replaced by dreams." kind of ****ed up my predictions and thoughts. Congratulations >.< Anyway, I won't throw a judgment about all of that until I finish.
Sorry about that. =/

I was seriously expecting a straight-forward drama for once, not one of the typical "my love transcends magic" idioms firmly established by Kanon.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Blue haired kid is Tomoya, then? Well, no male protagonist in Key has had a tragic background before independent of his interactions with the girls, so that is a plus, but if [sisze=1]you've seen The Sixth Sense (which was a borrowed story anyway)[/size] things should be far clearer.
No I have not =O. Sry, but I would've preferred John Trovolta in a dress to Bruce Willis . (TRANSLATION: Has no idea what the connection is)

Quote:
Bouncing breasts accompany bouncing basketballs.
Ohhhhhh. I usually don't pay attention to things like that unless they are forced on me ^_^;.

Quote:
I was seriously expecting a straight-forward drama for once, not one of the typical "my love transcends magic" idioms firmly established by Kanon.
Well, after reading two chapters of the manga, I was too. There wasn't anything even hinting toward magic. However, after seeing about that ghost girl, I kind of re-did my thoughts. After that, I started thinking that Nagisa was the ghost girl and she was already dead (which I hope isn't so). I mean, it did seem like it. I mean, Tomoya was the only one who made contact with her, and she DID talk about never being noticed.

Anyway, the "magic" thing isn't bad. If they use it well, then it gets a thumbs up from me.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm not so sure.

While I agree, it doesn't matter if the plot-device has been used before so long as it's used well, but according to certain folks the "lack of magic" was a selling point of Clannad, implying that, "one of the biggest innovations of this novel over Kanon is there's no magic".

See what I mean? Plus, we're not even discounting the "magic of plot-devices".

Off-topic, I wonder who won in SaiMoe today...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

As I said earlier. I don't care. All that matters if I enjoy watching/playing (when it's translated) it. If other people don't like it because it has some unexpected magic, and are unable to enjoy it for only that, then I feel sorry for them for being so shallow.

Now, if the lack of magic was really a selling point, then it is kind of bull-crap for the people who wanted something normal, but it shouldn't affect their overall opinion if it is actually a good visual novel. Actually, ONE has the "magic" plot element as well.

The one disappointment I know of in Clannad does really piss me off. You see, tons of people were disappointed that Clannad only came in an all-ages version. Actually, so many people were disappointed in it that Key made a sequel that was an adult game called "Tomoyo After". I heard Tomoyo After wasn't that good either =/. I really don't get it. Sure, it's good to get off on something, but there's a time and place for everything, and adult content really never should of been included in Key's titles. I mean, they are so freaking innocent >.<

Oh, and Nanoha (or whatever her name is) won =O
Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #13
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Well, I posted here, so you know that I have watched episode three. Anyway, here's my thoughts for this episode.

Clannad 3- Overall, it was a pretty good episode. Of course, since my favorite is Nagisa, then I might end up enjoying this more than someone who likes someone else best. So far, this has been a sweet, and somewhat amusing show. I do have one gripe and that is how they over-animate the Sunohara beatings. Sry, but seeing a guy flying in the sky after someone beats the crap out of him is not amusing. I'll reserve my other thoughts until the story unravels a little more (This anime is still in the character development stage, and will most likely stay there for a few more episodes.)

Well, that's that. Well, I can already tell that the next episode will be annoying =/ (doesn't like Sunohara. He is like a violent and rude Kitagawa).
Old 10-26-2007, 02:52 PM   #14
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

If you have guessed, I have just watched an episode. Alright, there are things that are almost ruining my enjoyment of this.

One: The people who say this is terrible and nitpick at it because of annoying people saying it's great (I nitpick as well, but I will gladly admit that I like this.).

Two: The annoying people who say it's a masterpiece when the plot hasn't even started (it has a gross rating of over 9 at ANN already! Sry, but the first four episodes have been character development and alright humor. That doesn't classify as a masterpiece anime.) and say it's better than Kanon.

Now, I will review my thoughts with these annoyances out of my mind.

Clannad 4- It was pretty funny. I mean, there's not much more to say. This isn't something I would go around raving "This is a masterpiece!" about, but I enjoyed it. It also seems that they ripped a page out of Kanon to stick to one of the girl's story. I will let anyone actually bothering to watch this find out for them self.

Well, that's about it. I hate having this attitude when watching this. I really do. I was so excited when the first episode came out. Oh well. I guess the masses are meant to piss you off.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #15
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
One: The people who say this is terrible and nitpick at it because of annoying people saying it's great (I nitpick as well, but I will gladly admit that I like this.).

The same thing happened with Haruhi by early June 2006. You just need to ignore them. They're jealous of all the attention the show is getting and/or they don't want to belong to the same group as the annoying people who laud the show so they feel obliged to hate the series.

Quote:
Two: The annoying people who say it's a masterpiece when the plot hasn't even started (it has a gross rating of over 9 at ANN already! Sry, but the first four episodes have been character development and alright humor. That doesn't classify as a masterpiece anime.) and say it's better than Kanon.

Again, the same thing happened with Haruhi. (By the time episode 3 aired, the show already had well over 100 ratings with nearly all of them as 10's and 9's.) Again, ignore them: their broken votes will be matched by all the ANNers who hate Clannad and will vote it as 1-5, and then the real votes with real backing will begin to show up by the time the show wraps up.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #16
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
The same thing happened with Haruhi by early June 2006. You just need to ignore them. They're jealous of all the attention the show is getting and/or they don't want to belong to the same group as the annoying people who laud the show so they feel obliged to hate the series.
I could ignore the idiots who say it's great when they can't even tell easily, but the people who insult this and nitpick at it are a little difficult, since they are pretty close. *points at Doppleganger and LIndz* This is basically what I see in their comments.

"This is terrible! Sure, I don't know the plot, but I will go ahead and dub it generic and awful! Oh, and I hate the beautiful and cute art!"

"This is supposed to have no magic! I hate this now! Oh, and this show is a fucking fanservice fest with its .05 seconds of fanservice in the OP!"

Alright, bitching aside, here's my thoughts of episode 5.

Clannad 5- Yet again, a pretty good episode. I'm surprised at how quickly it is actually moving though. Well, I did expect the plot to move at episode five or six, so maybe not. Also, Fuuko is just so X3. Anyway, I look forward to finishing this. I wonder how good Fuuko's path is anyway?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #17
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
While your analysis rings true, I find myself agreeing with the naysayers from way-back-when in regard to Haruhi's impact. It was an interesting show, to say the least, but the massive hype (which most of them found offensive) brought along a lot of haters to compliment the lovers. Not unlike Evangelion, I might add.

Quote:
Again, the same thing happened with Haruhi. (By the time episode 3 aired, the show already had well over 100 ratings with nearly all of them as 10's and 9's.) Again, ignore them: their broken votes will be matched by all the ANNers who hate Clannad and will vote it as 1-5, and then the real votes with real backing will begin to show up by the time the show wraps up.
Clannad was getting many master-piece ratings on ANN a month before even the first trailer. A loop-hole in the voting system allowed people to edit the air-date for the series, which triggered the voting (that is to say, one cannot vote for a series that hasn't aired, but if the air date were to be changed, which happened, the option for voting opens up).

Suffice to say, there are a lot of people who are hailing Clannad simply because it's Key, Kyoto Animation and is "highly regarded by the Japanese". I said this at AnimeSuki and got a lot of bad feedback from Clannad folk (literally, one guy read that and mass PM'ed a bunch of people in his sub-forum to "de-fame" me because I was "extremely insulting" to anime devotees).

I hate folk like that, they sour any good thing's enjoyability.

Quote:
I could ignore the idiots who say it's great when they can't even tell easily, but the people who insult this and nitpick at it are a little difficult, since they are pretty close. *points at Doppleganger and LIndz* This is basically what I see in their comments.
Sorry. I'm getting influenced by these folk a bit, but for the most part my ideas are my own; I'm comparing Clannad to Kanon and I find it relatively weak. Heck, I'd call it weak compared with Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.

Quote:
"This is terrible! Sure, I don't know the plot, but I will go ahead and dub it generic and awful! Oh, and I hate the beautiful and cute art!"
I won't get into this completely, it delves into a corner of my philosophy that I'm at swords-length with anyone who has a love for something. Maybe another time, now is not the place for such talk.

Suffice to say, I don't find Clannad's art to be cute. I like the male designs, but I dislike the female "bug" eyes. I found myself more comfortable with them in Kanon, though Makoto's eyes always un-nerved me to some extent.

Quote:
"This is supposed to have no magic! I hate this now! Oh, and this show is a fucking fanservice fest with its .05 seconds of fanservice in the OP!"
On the latter, that's a bit of an exaggeration, though I do find the fanservice a turn-off. ^^;

On the former, yes, I'm very irritated on the super-natural elements to the show despite being pitched as "not-magic". Not to mention it's going to approach Higurashi in terms of confusing the heck out of people.

Quote:
Clannad 5- Yet again, a pretty good episode. I'm surprised at how quickly it is actually moving though. Well, I did expect the plot to move at episode five or six, so maybe not. Also, Fuuko is just so X3. Anyway, I look forward to finishing this. I wonder how good Fuuko's path is anyway?
Haven't watched it yet, but saw a picture.

Is Fuuko the Yuki-looking girl? Is it true her personality is like a ^-1 to Yuki?

That would be awesome.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 AM   #18
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Clannad was getting many master-piece ratings on ANN a month before even the first trailer. A loop-hole in the voting system allowed people to edit the air-date for the series, which triggered the voting (that is to say, one cannot vote for a series that hasn't aired, but if the air date were to be changed, which happened, the option for voting opens up).

Suffice to say, there are a lot of people who are hailing Clannad simply because it's Key, Kyoto Animation and is "highly regarded by the Japanese". I said this at AnimeSuki and got a lot of bad feedback from Clannad folk (literally, one guy read that and mass PM'ed a bunch of people in his sub-forum to "de-fame" me because I was "extremely insulting" to anime devotees).

I hate folk like that, they sour any good thing's enjoyability.
Yea, I saw that, and a REALLY bad taste hit my mouth. Clannad is number three in ANN's overall top 10 >=O. I was extremely excited over Clannad too, but I would actually watch it before making final judgments.

Second paragraph............oh. I would almost hate a title if people did that to me as well. Alright. I apologize for the things I said.

Quote:
Sorry. I'm getting influenced by these folk a bit, but for the most part my ideas are my own; I'm comparing Clannad to Kanon and I find it relatively weak. Heck, I'd call it weak compared with Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.
Yea, compared to Kanon, it is weak, but it's still not bad. Actually, I don't think I will ever find a title that will live up to Kanon (ONE is maybe the closest, but still not there). I don't know if Suigin remembers this or not, but I was thanking him from the bottom of my heart for making the Kanon topic and indirectly introducing me to it. Oh, and that was when I was at episode 5 ^_^;. However, I wouldn't say it's weak compared to Otome. I actually find this to be a little better.

Quote:
Haven't watched it yet, but saw a picture.

Is Fuuko the Yuki-looking girl? Is it true her personality is like a ^-1 to Yuki?

That would be awesome.
Yuki-looking girl? I'll assume that you are talking about Tomoyo (the girl who beats the crap out of Sunohara, right?). Also, what is "Is it her true personality is like a ^-1 to Yuki?" supposed to mean @_@? I think Tomoyo's path will be one of the last, or colliding with Nagisa's, since she is like the most popular character in Clannad.

Anyway, Fuko (I misspelled her name ^_^; ) is the really small girl, who is always carving stars. I am kind of disappointed with Fuko's story though, because it is ripped right from Kanon. I wouldn't normally mind, but Air did almost the same thing with the same story from Kanon. Well, Air took a different aspect of that story, but still. I mean, that particular story is beyond excellent in every aspect, but clipping from it in two titles in a row is a little......

Also, speaking of taking from other stories, the whole "other world" thing where it shows a little girl who looks like a young Nagisa is kind of taken from ONE ^_^.

Well, out of all the disappointments, there is some really redeeming things to this. I like the RPG effects they add. I love the one they did when Tomoya tricked Fuko in episode 5 XD. Also, it is good to see the main heroine taking an active role in the stories. Actually, she is doing more than Tomoya =O
Old 11-06-2007, 03:14 AM   #19
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Who is the girl with short purple hair and glasses with upper rims that simply disappear?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 AM   #20
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Oh, I don't really know yet. It hasn't really hit her path yet, so I haven't memorized her name. I have only JUST remembered Fuko's and Sunoharah's names, and I already knew Tomoyo's, Tomoya's, and Nagisa's names because I read two chapters of the manga.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 PM   #21
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Who is the girl with short purple hair and glasses with upper rims that simply disappear?
Umm....I did not answer that right ^_^;. I thought you were referring to Kotomi (I know she doesn't have glasses, but I'm not sure why I thought you were referring to her). Anyway, the girl with the missing upper rims is apparently a student who talked with Fuko during the entrance ceremony. I don't think there's anything more to her (oh, and they were both first years at that time).

Also, I did not respond to two of your comments (the post was really big and I wanted to wait until my weekly Clannad update to respond to them)

Quote:
Suffice to say, I don't find Clannad's art to be cute. I like the male designs, but I dislike the female "bug" eyes. I found myself more comfortable with them in Kanon, though Makoto's eyes always un-nerved me to some extent.
Well, I will not argue with you. In another anime, someone thought the girls looked adorable, but I just thought they looked weird. However, I will say that I really like the big eyes. I mean, eyes the size of Sumomomo Momomo creep me out, but my favorite character art styles are Kanon/Air and Da Capo/Sola, so I happen to find your so called "buggy eyes" adorable =O

Quote:
On the former, yes, I'm very irritated on the super-natural elements to the show despite being pitched as "not-magic". Not to mention it's going to approach Higurashi in terms of confusing the heck out of people.
Same as last, I have lost all will to even try to counter. Your opinion will not change no matter what I say, so it's pointless. Anyway, it is NOT confusing. What little is supposed to be understood at this point, I understand perfectly, and I'm a freaking moron ^_^;.

Anyway, off to my weekly Clannad review.

Clannad 6- This was yet another good episode. I still find the RPG things to be really amusing. However, spaced out Fuko is a little annoying. Well, whatever. It seems that Fuko's path is about one or two episodes from coming to a close. Lets hope for a nice close. I hope for a tear-jerker, god damnit >=O.

EDIT: Her-jerker? I'm going to change that now ^_^;
Old 11-10-2007, 02:05 AM   #22
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I disagree in that you feel nothing will change my view on Clannad, I'll still judge the title as fairly as I can when it finishes up. Issues is...I'm rather bored with it. Not enough originality or thought-provocation to keep me entertained week per week, minus the fan hype.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 11-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #23
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

It's Friday, so you know that the new episode of Clannad has released. Before that, I will correct a mistake I made about this. I said that the art of Clannad was different from the original, but I was wrong. I have no idea why the hell I said that, but the art for the Clannad visual novel is actually the traditional Key style, just updated. I knew that, but I am not exactly sure why I said that. I know that the Clannad anime art is changed a little bit, so that might be where I got confused. It doesn't mean anything, but making a mistake for something like this bothers the hell out of me. Anyway, off to the episode.

Clannad 7- It was alright. I just don't like how this tries too hard to be funny. I understand that they want a mood that will appeal to more people than Kanon and Air, but some of the humor just seems forced. I don't know if it's Kyoto or Key's doing, but I will find out when Clannad is translated. Anyway, it seems that Fuko's story is a big mix of Key stories when you look at it. I don't know how long Fuko's path will go, but it has been pretty good so far. Lets hope for a worthy ending.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #24
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Clannad 8- This episode was really good. The humor attempts were great, and it was so heartbreaking. I would say that this is the best episode of Clannad so far. Anyway, it seems like the next episode is the last episode of Fuko's arc, so this is one episode faster than Kanon (the first arc ended at episode ten.) I also love Nagisa's family. Lets hope for more episodes like this.

I hope to milk all of the infidels of their golden milk. I will make awesome gravy with their sweet nectar =D

Translation: I hope every episode is this good or better. I don't care what anyone says, this episode was good.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #25
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Clannad 9- ;_; Lame insert song at the end aside, this was a very sweet and touching episode. This is the kind of episode I expect from Clannad. Sure, someone is probably pissed at the whole route since it is supernatural, but that doesn't take away the fact that it was a great episode. Sure, it phails compared to Makoto's arc, but I kind of expected that.

Well, next week is the start of Kotomi's path. She seems like a very interesting character. I look forward to next week ^o^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime