UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 01-22-2020, 04:35 AM   #76
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

There's more gold ingots in chests you haven't found yet. I'm pretty sure that rune only appears when the party is at full health. Marions Bloody Gloves gives +HP which puts her not at full health anymore.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:36 AM   #77
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Then for one last hint about an sc...

Spoiler: show
That mini rowboat has another place where you can use it, and it’s not in the overworld

As for the unholy emperor, I’ve found that it always spawned for me if my active team was at full health!

Edit: Kuno beat me to the punch lol

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:31 AM   #78
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Kuno, are you suuuuuuuuure the drops for the Unholy Emperor are working properly? I've run that boss 100 times, and found nothing, so I'm running it another 100 times and here are the drop percentages as of 60 runs:

0 Loot: 100%
Dark Shard: 67.9%
Unholy Blood: 16.7%
Impure Blood: 3.7%
Pr0n: 16.9%
Human Soul: 0%
???: 0%

I only see the Human Soul when peeking with Loki, but I think I had it drop once.

As-is, this is the least rewarding boss in the game. Most of the time, you get 0 Loot. At least Mighty Bird would reward with rare Wind Crystals!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #79
Lady Kuno

It's a 1% drop. I also increased the Dark Shard drop rate so it's guarenteed to drop a few. Pr0n should be 25%, Impure 5%, Unholy Blood 20%.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:07 PM   #80
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I was very disappointed there was no Red Gyarados superboss in the middle of the Witch's Lake.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #81
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I was very disappointed there was no Red Gyarados superboss in the middle of the Witch's Lake.
That's a good idea for a future hunt. XD

Old 01-26-2020, 01:02 AM   #82
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Currently in chapter 3. Reunited the group, next objective is to find the eighth member. A bunch of stuff has happened obviously, but I had to come in to comment first off:

>mfw when I just now discover the Fourth Wallmart

=O Neato~ I spent everything I had so far mostly on Misc stuff since they sound the most interesting (aside from the Pika Headband which I had to get for funsies XP), but will there actually be enough Wallbreaks in the game to collect all the rewards?

(I am quite loving all these little hidden Easter Eggs though. <3 Like just talking to a random person I had spoken to before after recruiting Hana learned me a new meme lol.)

Also spent a lot of loot on new armor to pimp out the entire party, so now I'm thinking of going around and finishing up old sidequests whilst scraping up enough cash to buy keys for Fictonia Tower - per deo's suggestion - before taking on Dark Magic. ^^;

On that note: Just beat the Sharknado. Was a tough fight, especially since I wanted to use some of my now weaker members for the experience as I try to even out everyone's levels. Ended up using Kuno, Muyo, Blastoise, and ME - the latter of which I had to swap in for MVP since her high HP could withstand the double hits and busting out Dragon Wrath for massive damage. =3=b

Some miscellaneous bugs/issues/weird things I noticed(?):

Does using the "Optimize" function always cost some HP/MP? Whenever I use it even if the person's gear doesn't change their health seems to drop slightly. =/ (Although repeated presses don't elicit the same effect.)

Was Emina Isle's Basement supposed to not have music the first time you visit?

When sailing the Raftasaurus to Misconsin, fishing doesn't seem to work? '~' Casting the line just causes the water to ripple once, then nothing. (I've tried traveling there twice so far, although the second time just now it was stormy and I encountered the Hunt target I was on so Idk if that affects it either.)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:20 AM   #83
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I think I found a bug: the torch in the Waste Shrine dungeon next to Torkoal Stu can be picked up, which then kills Stu since he freezes to death and he stops appearing everywhere else in the game. :V

Another bug seems to be one of Blastoise's skills that is supposed to heal him when the enemy is damaged, instead heals the enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post

Does using the "Optimize" function always cost some HP/MP? Whenever I use it even if the person's gear doesn't change their health seems to drop slightly. =/ (Although repeated presses don't elicit the same effect.)
I think that only has an effect when you swap to an item with a higher base HP or MP than what you're currently at, and your current maximum HP/MP does not auto adjust to it. So if you're at 100/100 HP and you switch to an item that gives base +20, you'll be at 100/120.

Here's where I am:

I discovered ABL but she looks to be the only secret character I can unlock, since I apparently locked out my way to recruit LBC and I don't have Ingots to select a character from Copygoo. I had a ton of Disney DVDs (pretty much every Renaissance film except Hunchback, Pocahontas, and Tarzan) so she has impressive skills out the gate.

I discovered the secret weather in the Veryberry Fields and was able to kill Magmortar. In the rain, there is a secret fairy who apparently spawns randomly in the grass, so I obtained all three gems to face the Fairy Queen.

The queen is easier than the Failed Experiment until she falls under half health, after which she obliterates the party with Earth x3 after using Manafont three times alongside Ultimate Combo. I don't know how to deal with this right now since even with max debuffs and max buffs, this kills from full health. It's like the Failed Experiment's Ice 3 All but much worse.

On the Unholy Emperor drop:

I finally got it, the Emperor's Scepter. I have mixed feelings toward it. For such a difficult drop to obtain, I think it the raw power it's worth it. But this particular item is a poor fit since it offers no defensive utility (no resistances or bulk boosts) nor does it passively regenerate HP or MP. None of the mages I have are glass cannons who would benefit from this kind of an item:

-Kuno needs the defensive boosts from an item like Crystal Staff to act as a magic wall
-Muyo doesn't have the pure offensive spells to benefit, except the one-use Prune

I've never used it with ABL, and I only just realized to load up ABL with DVD media, so perhaps she will be the appropriate glass cannon mage for it. We'll see.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-26-2020, 01:37 AM   #84
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Trying to hunt down Saturdays in the Witch Forest to complete a quest - I was sure I saw some before on my way to Handy's, but they're not showing up now. =| The appearance of certain days does seem dependent on what specific area of the map you're in, is that true?
Old 01-26-2020, 02:05 AM   #85
Lady Kuno

Quote:
but will there actually be enough Wallbreaks in the game to collect all the rewards?
Probably! I'm still adding stuff in that regard so *shrug*

Quote:

Was Emina Isle's Basement supposed to not have music the first time you visit?

When sailing the Raftasaurus to Misconsin, fishing doesn't seem to work? '~' Casting the line just causes the water to ripple once, then nothing. (I've tried traveling there twice so far, although the second time just now it was stormy and I encountered the Hunt target I was on so Idk if that affects it either.)
Optimize is weird. I never use it, personally. I kinda know what stats I want for people generally, and sometimes higher defense or HP isn't always the best (I like attack stuff for stlbk, etc). The Basement is weird, you're not the first to say that's a thing. I think I fixed it though. No idea about fishing, that stuff isn't done yet. >.>; But it should work.

Quote:
I think I found a bug: the torch in the Waste Shrine dungeon next to Torkoal Stu can be picked up, which then kills Stu since he freezes to death and he stops appearing everywhere else in the game. :V

Another bug seems to be one of Blastoise's skills that is supposed to heal him when the enemy is damaged, instead heals the enemy.
The torch thing is weird. I fixed it, though. I'm also pretty sure the Blast thing SHOWS it healing the enemy, but it actually heals him. It's a weird bug I cant fix that everyone comments on. ~_~

Quote:
I finally got it, the Emperor's Scepter. I have mixed feelings toward it. For such a difficult drop to obtain, I think it the raw power it's worth it. But this particular item is a poor fit since it offers no defensive utility (no resistances or bulk boosts) nor does it passively regenerate HP or MP. None of the mages I have are glass cannons who would benefit from this kind of an item:

-Kuno needs the defensive boosts from an item like Crystal Staff to act as a magic wall
-Muyo doesn't have the pure offensive spells to benefit, except the one-use Prune
That Muyo skill is a straight HP cut. Doesn't depend on his stats or the enemies stats. Also it's a powerful, powerful weapon but it isn't without it's drawbacks. That's why I made it so rare.

Quote:
Trying to hunt down Saturdays in the Witch Forest to complete a quest - I was sure I saw some before on my way to Handy's, but they're not showing up now. =| The appearance of certain days does seem dependent on what specific area of the map you're in, is that true?
Yep, each region has a "main" day as well as the day before/after it I think.

Also serious question time: Cloud Garden is ending being way larger than I imagined and my time is fleeting. I spent a lot of my time on the game this month just... fixing the shit out of random bugs and doing balance stuff. Do people either want:

A) Release what I have at the end of the month (lots of bug/balance stuff). You can unlock/visit CG but it's mostly barren.
or
B) Wait until Cloud Garden is done. No idea when that will be.

Old 01-26-2020, 02:52 AM   #86
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I mean, I'm at 72 hours and 2 weeks and I haven't even broke Chapter 4. There's been plenty for me to do already so I can wait. I don't know about the people who rushed...Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Also, I beat the Fairy Queen:

I have mixed feelings toward this boss as well! As said earlier, it's easier than the Dragon King and Failed Experiment, but I don't think it was supposed to be.

It's fairly normal up until it falls below half health, after which it uses Ultimate Combo, then Manafont. Manafont maxes Magic Attack (I believe), so using it three times with two-three All spells will wipe a party with max buffs. This is really cheesy, like the Earthquake attack of Orochi in Sengoku Rance (which does like a fixed 2,000 damage that is only reduced by raw defense and HP, i.e. high levels).

After this, the Fairy Queen can use spells without needing MP. Which is lame. The first part of the battle is getting it down to 0 MP, then trying to somehow survive the roid rage that is the stupid Ultimate Combo/Manafont crazy, then it gets unlimited MP.

Finally, it drops some big rewards but is only worth 5,000 XP, which is one fifth of the Dragon King.

I think in terms of tension, the Dragon King was the most exciting and rewarding boss in the whole game. There were clear patterns to how the Dragon King and Failed Experiment fought, which made their battles long but tactical.

Fairy Queen was like...luck based. The first part is easy, then you have to get lucky for 5 turns, after which you have to keep getting lucky as Marion and Kuno sponge the magic attacks while the Fairy Queen keeps debuffing anything she attacks physically.

I get the disclaimer that this isn't supposed to be the strongest boss in the game, but it's an overall more difficult fight than the other two superbosses for all the wrong reasons, i.e. needing to rely on RNG and not strategy to defeat. Even when Fairy Queen was down to her last shred of HP I was afraid it would use some random spell and go back to max HP, because it was so unpredictable.

As of this writing, the only Quest I have left is finding the sixth and final Poneglyph, which I don't know the location of. The five I know:

-UPN Pass
-Veryberry Fields
-End of the World
-Ficonia Tower
-UPN Park

Incidentally, the entire inscription the poneglyphs are spelling out is on a random monument in UPN Park. Which makes me wonder if UPN Park and Swamp Land were built on old civilizations/kingdoms, perhaps Hypenolopolis?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-26-2020, 03:27 AM   #87
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I don't mind waiting either, especially with the pace I'm going at lol.

>trying to finish up F Rank Hunts
>Cresselia heals 630 HP each turn
>Unhealing Hex doesn't work

OTL

Also what the heck does AK2 want? >.>;
Old 01-26-2020, 04:26 AM   #88
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Veryberry Fields help:

How do you summon Zapdos (?) there? I've tried everything I can think of, including spamming Muyo's Thunder on every opponent I can find.

One of the other hunts required use of a sellable item (Cat Ears) so I'm afraid I need the Pika Sword to trigger this one. The description suggests you need to be struck by lightning for Zapdos to appear, but none of the enemies in the rain can use electric attacks. The Guardian is Dark, the Water Bugs are Water, and Tranquility Pixies are Light.

Nevermind, I found it.

I think I found it before but forgot.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-26-2020 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:02 AM   #89
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Hoooooo boy.

The Pixie Queen has two sets of drops: the General Outfit and the Cheongasm. Both are the best equipment in the game (so far) outside of Stlbk's Wyrm gear, but battling the queen twice has bankrupted me.

The Cheongasm pretty much fixes all the complaints I had earlier about the Emperor Scepter, so Kuno using both of them is stupid powerful now.

Since I'm bankrupt, there's very little I can do now. I have some opportunity to grind up Arnold for his Dances, but there's no way to make money now efficiently. I burned 10-12K on those boss fights. Small wonder why I had to sell all the ingots I found earlier.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #90
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

>Fairy Queen
Well, she is one of the Rune Gods, which are supposed to be well beyond the power level of every other Rune in the game (a category that includes the Dragon King and the Failed Expirament). Expe tong her to function in a similar manner to those guys is a bit of a folly, truth be told. Still, this is quite the major accomplishment, so congratulations! Now you've got 5 more to go.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #91
Lady Kuno

One of my requirements to be a Rune God is to be rematchable. If you drop custom, unique stuff and are a one-time fight then you don't count (even if you are just as hard).

Old 01-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #92
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So I found ingots. Earlier I speculated that the Fragments have Chaos Crystals, and they do.

Unfortunately this also created a loop because Kuno's magic defense is so high, so the Fragments were able to Defrag endlessly, doing no damage to Kuno while Kuno couldn't do anything in response. The legendary Wobuffet/Leftovers stalemate.

Why do you need Chaos Crystals from the Fragments? If they're accessible at this point in the game why give the Butterfly of Death and Failed Experiment clusters only?

Either way, in a short period I have ABL, Daisy and Copythe on my team at Level 59 due to the high average level when I recruited them. There's almost nothing they can do though due to a shortage of equipment, and what equipment I have is second rate.

At face value, The Gatekeeper is a much more powerful boss than any of the others so far, so I will give it a shot once the party is fully upgraded.

What are the conditions for summoning the Fury Pixie? I've spawned it several times but I don't understand the mechanics. I thought killing a lot if fire monsters "infuriates" it, but thus far I haven't been successful to get it to spawn.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-26-2020, 05:21 PM   #93
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Realistically, you're not even supposed to be messing with the Chaos Crystal yet in the first place. The Arcane Lab and Emina Palace are Ch. 5-level dungeons that your specific shenanigans just so happen to have let you handle earlier than intended, and are consequently designed with access to Ch. 5's areas in mind. The Ch. 4 dungeons with enemies that can drop Chaos Shards really only do so to let you know that there is a use for Talon's 9th Crystal actually does have a use- hence why they're so rare in the first place.

The Fury Pixie does spawn from murdering Fire enemies, but only one specific mob. I think it was the Embers that spawn her, IIRC.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:19 PM   #94
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

There has to be another condition. I'm farming right around the area where the rune appears and have killed 11 Embers and 6 sets of Scorchies, and it hasn't appeared.

EDIT: It's 3 pairs of Scorchies in a row. If you kill anything else it resets the counter.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-26-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 06:25 PM   #95
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

It's not a condition, it's random chance- each kill has the potential to spawn her. That said, it seems I was wrong about the job you need to genocide for her- according to my source, it was Scorchies, not Embers. Sorry about that.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #96
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Why do you need Chaos Crystals from the Fragments?
That's not supposed to happen and might break stuff. Oops.

Old 01-27-2020, 04:05 AM   #97
Sneaze
Mrow?

Fury Pixie is just random amount of Scorchies. I've had it spawn after three or as many as twenty, and yes that's without killing anything else.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:57 AM   #98
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
That's not supposed to happen and might break stuff. Oops.
Oh. I liked it though. You'd never be able to progress further without getting Snatch, and you'd need to be powerful enough to survive Defrag without being so strong you get looped.

I defeated The Gatekeeper and (I believe?) cleared all the puzzles/obstacles in Emina Palace.

The dagger, Vajara, is like a weapon equivalent the Emperor Scepter. It fits Hanatori but I use Hanatori as a tank and rarely attack with her, so the dagger isn't that useful on her right now. Maybe another item will appear that will necessitate the high attack/speed value?

Is there a deeper secret than this one? There was of course the Green Dragon in Emina Fortress, but as strong as The Gatekeeper was it seemed like an ordinary (for this area) rune boss.

Aside from the missing doctor and the locked door in the laboratory, is there anything I'm missing now?

Like, is there a way to do more in that weird area in The End of the World, or enter the crack in the Eternal Hive to access heck below it? I'm still at 5/6 poneglyphs and I don't remember if I ever saw the sixth one.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #99
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

The sixth Gliph isn't available to you yet. The Eternal Nest and Beyond Bounds are both fully compostable for you, though the latter is quite the complicated piece of work. It does have a lot of good stuff on it for the effort involved, but most of it is Ch. 3-based while you've been getting Ch. 5 level gear lately.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:22 PM   #100
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I didn't realize that Beyond Bounds was explorable at this point. From what the wisps said, with the red gems called "sins" I thought they were related to one of the six rune bosses mentioned in Misconsin. I had always used Zubat Sprays to bypass the random monsters because I was max level and there was no reason to battle them.

I cleared the Eternal Nest a long time ago except for the mysterious "throbbing crack" in the bottom layer. This reminds me a lot of Diablo: Hellfire where overgrown insects made a nest above an ancient techno-crupt crypt that had heck bleeding through it, which is related to the rumour of a tenth boss sleeping in the nest. But I can't get the crack to open like I can the entryway into Beyond Bounds.

Also Kuno, I did a test run into Chapter 4 with the Emina Isle secret character and the game didn't break. Said character was simply not selectable during the tower defense sequence. But the scripting otherwise looked right. I'm guessing that this character replaces LBC, and I found a hint(?) that Torkoal Stu is recruitable as well, which gives the option to save at any point in the game.

AND, can we get like a juicer item that allows us to grind our own berries into juice? The fella who takes the berries in Misconsin has a bugged script where he will take the Aged Berry as a quest, the Timeless Berry as a quest, but will not take any further Timeless Berries and will simply loop through the Ancient Berry dialogue.

So basically,

Aged Berry quest
Ancient Berry quest
Timeless Berry quest

It went in this order, but then he doesn't recognize Aged, Ancient, or Timeless berries beyond the first required for the quest until going to Chapter 4, which then has him repeat the Ancient Berry quest completion prompt over and over. Aged and Timeless are still not recognized.

Unless there's a need for a Timeless Berry beyond this (I haven't found another shrine), simply giving us a juicer at the end of this dialogue tree would both clear out my inventory of excess berries and prevent the script looping like this.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc