UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #76
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Episode 9 and 10:

Spoiler: show
We take a shift from Aladdin and Magnostadt to Alibaba and the Leam Empire (which is essentially Magi's Roman Empire).

I'm surprised they spent a whole episode on the Garda fight, it seems like they are much more relaxed with the pacing this season, which I like. But I just don't how far the show will get into the Magnostadt arc before the season is over. If they end up rushing the last couple episodes to fit everything in, it will be disastrous and I'll be severely disappointed.

Now that Alibaba's initial training and self revelation stuff is done with, we should be back to Aladdin next week and hopefully they pull off what I'm hoping they'll pull off...
Old 12-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #77
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 10:

This one did feel a bit slow. Tbh it kinda makes me uncomfortable whenever they mention Cassim and build him up as having such a big impact, since he was easily the worst/cheesiest part of season one. =/

Toto falling for an Ali Baba trying to act cool by smoking and then setting his hair on fire was cute though.

P.S. Mamoru Miyano's voice as the soldier is quite distracting.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #78
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Oh Ka Koubun. You were a stupid-silly villain in the first season but this just made you adorable-stupid-silly.

Episode 12:

Aw yeah. Shit be going down now. Damn politics and power struggles.

Ewww @ the emperor's body.

A little disappointed the mother seems to actually be physically possessed/corrupted. It would be seriously something if she had been plotting to take over all along, even when smiling at her children.

Looks like next week we finally get to meet female Ali Baba...

Oh, and as for 11...

Damn Akira Ishida and his ambiguously gayfab voice.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #79
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

First Sheik shows up, now this.

Episode 13:

Looks like we've got our Dracoy Malfoy, ladies and gentlemen.

Titus's personality certainly wasn't what I was expecting. Wasn't sure I'd like him at first. ...Then this happened:

Oh Aladdin. XP Least I wasn't the only one who thought he was a girl. ^^; (Maybe she really is and is just self-conscious about it. =3=)

Titus's actions at the end certainly intrigue me as well.

Looking forward to next week!
Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #80
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Ohey kaisap.

Episode 14:

Aw, gonna miss the old OP. The new one's okay I guess. New ED is kinda pretty, though it suffers from the same problem as the first season's 2nd ED in that it sounds cool at first, but gets annoying when it hits the chorus. (Also lack of Hakupoo in both makes me sad.)

As for the episode itself, it was interesting to see Titus's change in personality. I get the feeling he's either been really sheltered his whole life or maybe he's some kind of artificial creation. The leaf imagery in the OP might be indicative of that...?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #81
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 15:

Hypocrisy ho!

So yeah, dramatic episode. Sympathy for the devil and whatnot. I thought the delivery was good, the voice acting was pretty well done. And damn that disgusting pig/monster imagery at the end. >.<
Old 01-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #82
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 16:

Another sad episode. At the end I kept thinking Marga was going to say she wanted to marry Titus. Not sure if that was implied or not, but either way d'aww. ;-;
Old 01-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #83
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 17:

Who knew this show could get so complex? o.o;

Poor Titus. So I was right about him being an artificial creation... All the more tragic when he has such human emotional responses. =/

While I still find it a little hard to swallow the Director's one-sidedness, when you accept what his character is supposed to represent - a dictator with good intent - it really feels like a realistic portrayal of how wars and genocides can happen. It's hard to fully sympathize with one side over the other (although I had a laugh when two of the three Leam generals were obviously ugly-looking and the Fanalis dude was a total bish voiced by Mamoru Miyano - guess who we're supposed to root for among them?). When Ali Baba showed up at the end with Team Leam I went "aw hell no D=". Looks like he and Aladdin might end up facing against each other, whether willfully or not; perhaps Morg will join Team Kou?

...I think it says something when I'm way more excited about this than HxH. *shot*
Old 02-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #84
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 18:

Whoo drama.

So now we've got the war of magic vs. technology... Seeing the different methods of fighting was cool. The magoi-sucking weapon was pretty scary. Good job breaking it, hero Aladdin.

I feel like Titus broke too easily at the end, but maybe it's just that I can't take Mamoru Miyano's voice seriously.

Waiting for Ali Baba to show up...
Old 02-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #85
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 19:

Yay more fighting! The sand and water + lightning tactics were pretty cool. Yikes at that guy's head being crushed.

Seems kinda weird Leam would just let Ali Baba tag along like that. Came out of nowhere too. Also where is Morg? =3=
Old 03-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #86
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 22:

>Titus's heroic sacrifice leaves a skeleton.

Jesus.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #87
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I haven't really had time to comment on the show in the past few weeks, but a couple things I want to say on the finale:

1) Needed more Morg.

2) Needed more Hakuryuu.

Fff why must this series keep taunting me with sneak peeks of things to come? What was with the whole scene of Aladdin going super-saiyan at the beginning of the season anyway? Is there going to be a third?

P.S. I also find it kind of funny/sad how Ali Baba offered Aladdin his hand and smiled like a dork when a woman was crying right next to him. Go bromance I guess.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #88
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
So overall reviews? I informally dropped Magi a while back but its lack of restraint toward killing cute girls (hahaha...) got me interested. Call it my weakness for the 'edgy'.

Akame ga Kill! is like that but oh-so-ever more extreme. I wonder how everyone will handle it?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #89
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
So overall reviews?
Answering this quickly since I was busy at the time and then forgot about it.

It was cute. The second season was definitely better than the first, getting more serious while remaining fun and lighthearted. Something brought to my attention recently is that I feel I've grown a bit tired of medieval fantasy stories, so the Arabian setting is also refreshing in that way, even if it did take a lot of liberties. I think mostly I just enjoy the characters, and would look forward to seeing more of them.

In other news, started watching the Sinbad spin-off OVA. It becomes greatly amusing when I realize it's mostly Itsuki and Kyon fighting with each other. *shot*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime