UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 10-25-2021, 08:22 PM   #1
Heather
Naga's Voice

Tyranitar Climber's Canyon: Catharine Park's Secret Base

Climber's Canyon

In Central Fizzytopia lies a large, craggy canyon. Carved out over the millennia from what used to be a tall mountain, the canyon itself stretches for quite some distance, and many spurs branch off from the original path. The terrain is mostly rocky, with very few trees and plants able to sustain themselves in the coarse soil of the area.

After a lively hike into the canyon's depths, one will hear the rushing of a waterfall. Those curious about the sound will be led down one of the canyon's many spurs, and into an open space far different from the rest of the canyon's scenery. The narrow spur opens up into a cliff basin of sorts. The whole space is covered with healthy, green grass and dotted with a few small trees. At the far end of the space, a small waterfall indeed rushes down from the top of the surrounding cliffs, all the water coming to rest in a small pond. The water itself is remarkably clean and clear. Of course, standing in front of that lake is a modest two-story home. This is the home of Catharine Park, and it's not hard to see why.

The rock walls surrounding the area are perfect for climbing, and the Orre native can often be found hanging on them, climbing to the top, enjoying the views, and rappelling back down a few times a day. Still, the young woman knows her hospitality well, and is ready to play host at a moment's notice.

Base Locations

OUTSIDE:

Canyon Clearing: The grassy field surrounding Catharine's home is an open space in which Trainers may allow their Pokémon to run and play freely...for the most part. Given the enclosing cliffs, larger Pokémon might find the area a little small. Amidst the grass, a rectangle is clipped shorter than the rest, marking the bounds of an arena for training battles, and Catharine will always welcome a companion on the cliffs.

Replica Relic: Behind the house, near the small lake at the back, stands a replica of Agate Village's Relic Stone. This is another place Catharine is liable to be found. When she had first encountered Clarisse, lost in the woods, it had been Celebi who had helped her find her way again, and given her her gift of speaking with Pokemon, though she usually avoids mentioning the origin of that particular gift, as doing so usually invites trouble. Still, Catharine often offers her gratitude to the Time Travel Pokemon here, and while it hasn't yet made a personal appearance at the replica, the vitality of the greenery in the clearing is almost certainly its doing, in Catharine's eyes.

Relic Lake: Fed by the waterfall at the back of the clearing, this small lake of crystal clear water is overlooked by the Replica Relic, hence the name. The lake is a wonderful place for smaller aquatic Pokemon to relax, and a spot of swimming on a hot day is certainly a welcome reprieve after the long hike to get here.

INSIDE:

Foyer: The relatively small entryway into Catharine's home sets the atmosphere right off the bat. The somewhat rustic feel of the wood decor elicits a warm, cozy, and welcoming air. However, visitors are asked to remove their shoes.

Home Gym: Located just to the left of the Foyer, this small room is fitted with basic exercise equipment. Catharine mostly saves the room for a rainy day, preferring to go outside when the weather permits, but climbing can't be her entire exercise regimen. It's the one room on this floor to eschew wood flooring, in favor of softer carpet, just in case anything heavy falls.

Dining Room: Connecting to the Kitchen and located just to the right of the Foyer, Catharine uses this room for large gatherings...at least in theory. Even on the occasions her parents can visit, the kitchen table usually suffices.

Living Room: Located straight back from the Foyer, the Living Room's rustic wood aesthetic makes it a wonderful place to relax. With a few large couches, a rustic wooden table, and a mini-fridge stocked with drinks, the Living Room is the prime place in the house to entertain guests. In addition, a TV with a few video game consoles, both new and old, hangs over the mantle of a large stone fireplace. On cold days and nights, it's not uncommon for blankets to be brought out as the hearth roars, bathing the room in a warm glow. Off to the right of the hearth is a door leading to the Mudroom at the back.

The Kitchen: Just behind the Dining Room and off to the right of the Living Room, the Kitchen is where the cooking happens. Given that Catharine is on something of a budget for now, the ingredient selection isn't the biggest, but Catharine knows how to whip up a decent meal regardless, and Clarisse has a nose for the best ingredients.

Mudroom: A simple room at the back of the house, for those coming in and out from the lake. A stock of towels is kept for those needing to dry off.

Guest Bedroom: Up the stairs and towards the front of the house, the Guest Bedroom's large window overlooks the clearing and the battle arena out front, the queen-size bed adorned with soft white bedding. The wooden decor remains a mainstay, but the flooring of the bedroom is a lovely soft white carpet. A full bathroom is off to the side.

Catharine's Room: The master suite of the house is almost a mirror image to the guest room across the hall, but it has quite a few more personal touches. The bed is king-sized and decked in lavender covers, matching the carpet, with a large reading pillow propped up against the headboard. In one corner sits a beanbag chair, accompanied by a large hoard of plushies. Along the walls, shelves play host to a number of small houseplants, as opposed to books. And, of course, the large window looks over the Relic Replica and the lake beyond it, the gentle sounds of the rushing waterfall creating soothing white noise. The bathroom is likewise more personalized. Of course, guests should stay out of this room unless given permission to enter.

The Base is open to visitors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:44 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Gaaah, for fuck's sake, of all the fucking Tauros shit..."

"Marac, Maractus."

Thus was the exchange from the human and Pokémon making their way through Climber's Canyon. The human was one Gavin Golurkson, Pyrite Town-native Pokémon Trainer and Shiny hunter. And it was this last distinction that brought him to where he was today. He was decked out in his usual attire, complete with the Shiny Charm he always wore around his neck, and the Poké Radar that could always be seen clipped to his belt, ready to go at a moment's notice. He wore no hat atop his spiky blond hair, though at times he admitted considering a cowboy hat like that which his best friend always wore.

"I need a Flying-type is what I need," Gavin stated as he trekked through the canyon. "Like, just for giving chase in this sort of situation. Fucking Shiny Flygon- the very kind of Pokémon what that got me into Shiny hunting in the first place!- shows its face to me, friggin' flies away, I can't keep up, and now it could be anywhere." He threw his hands in the air in sheer irritation. "Man. Damn it. I tell you, Miror- failing that Trevenant stung, especially since I'd already caught the thing, and then friggin' Torterra comes outta nowhere, and is all, 'oh, no, it can't be caught'- like, OK, I get if it's gotta stay and protect the forest, but even still... But yeah- much as that stung, this...!" he trailed off, shaking his head. "A damn Flygon... After what got me into the whole deal in the first place, a Shiny Flygon. Fuck. I should've gone for the Quick Ball when I had the chance... Shit, that would've been sweet," he sighed.

"Ractus," nodded Miror in agreement. The Grass-type proved, as ever, a calming presence to offset the hotheaded Gavin. And as though to drive the point home, Miror reached for Gavin's backpack, pulling two wedges of Duking brand Poké Snacks from within. He started munching on one himself, and handed the other to Gavin, who chuckled as he accepted it and began eating.

"Heh... so, where the fuck we ended up, anyways?" Gavin asked idly between bites, looking around. "Ain't never seen this place before. Damn if it don't make me think of home somewhat, though," he added. "All this rocky terrain, not a lot of vegetation, sound of a waterfa- of a waterfall, the fuck?" he murmured as it registered to him that he was indeed hearing a waterfall. "Well, shit," he murmured, his voice registering a tone of mild surprise. 'OK, that don't so much remind me of home, unless we're talking Agate Village, anyways... We might as well see what's what, eh, Miror?" he asked. "If nothing else, waterfall means water, and I'm thinking we could both go for some before much longer, yeah?"

"Marrrrractus!" trilled Miror in response. And so, onward they proceeded, down one of the canyon's spurs, knowing not what awaited them ahead, but at the very least, hoping it was good.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:18 AM   #3
Heather
Naga's Voice

Catharine was, perhaps predictably, out climbing when it happened. She could feel the hairs on the back of her neck prick up in anticipation, and she ducked her head and curled up as something flew by overhead at great speed, muttering something, though all Catharine was able to catch were the words "ridiculously persistent." Once the air had settled, Catharine hastily resumed her climb, hoping to see what it was that had flown past. As Catharine reached the top and pulled herself over the ledge and looked up, she saw its retreating shadow some distance away, headed for the horizon, and definitely too far gone for her P★DA to identify-but not her eyes. Going by the shape of the wings, that was unmistakably a Flygon, given that Druddigon weren't in the business of flying, let alone flying at speed.

It was a few minutes later, as Catharine was rappelling back down the cliff, that she heard frustration-laden cursing echoing off the canyon walls. However, it wasn't the cursing that really got her attention (Though Isabelle was promptly withdrawn after the first discernible F-bomb), but rather the voice's mention of a Shiny Flygon. It wasn't hard for Catharine to put two and two together that this frustrated voice was probably what had been pursuing the Flygon that had flown past her earlier. After all, Shiny Pokémon did tend to bring out the ultimate persistence in some people, seeing as many thought of seeing a Shiny Pokémon as a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.

Still, that Flygon had not sounded happy with being so hotly pursued before, and she could hear that voice turning down the path leading to her house. She silently resolved to not give any clues as to where the Flygon went, not only to save the Pokémon the stress, but to keep this mysterious pursuer from being reckless enough to keep chasing on foot something that had probably flown a full mile away by now, over at least one cliff. Instead, Catharine focused on recoiling her ropes and putting away her other gear. Chasing a Flygon on foot through this place had to be tiring, after all, so the least she could do was offer her hospitality to the weary traveler.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #4
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
This was a trip, for sure. A place that was a sanctuary amongst cliffs and caverns, as well as the rumors of its ties to Orre. It was said the original shadow Pokemon were created there by forcibly corrupting and closing hearts. Though, the homunculus knew full well that was not the case. So far, three of those outer entities wished to control him. For what reason, he knew not, but one was strongest in particular. While the most recent, and hasn't fully integrated with its vessel just yet. The winds were the strongest, and chased away both the seas and the blaze.

The man gripped the ghost ball tightly. Not yet... Not yet... He wouldn't allow it just yet. Not when he had so much else left undone. So much to uncover. Even if these memories weren't his... This clouded amnesia was not his own. He still needed to press forwards, and not lose himself. For what he's recovered so far... Has been scant at best. Loose moments, sure, but maybe a sentence or second at most. Almost nothing truly groundbreaking, but perhaps these influences were preventing him from fulfilling this forced task.

Yet, they were the very reason he was here. Flying on his Dragonite's back, he felt the sky's call. To zip and soar, the wind running behind his back as he clutched his beanie for dear life. Besides, his Dragonite was a cuddly fellow, ad more than happy to give his trainer what he needed. Though, there was another guest who came with him today.

And, as if on cue, he felt the slipstream rush through him. Bolting through the sky was a yellow blur, shimmering as radiant as a comet. The self proclaimed, greedy king of the skies himself. Fafnir. The Shiny Dragapult did not dilvuge his origins, but made his presence known. And volatile as well, coercing both the Dragonite as well as his Sandaconda in being the leader of this small brood.

"But he seems to be charmed by the fossil's dreams..." Ethan trailed off, thinking of the Dracozolt he had revived recently. Purple and gray, yet another shiny for his collection. And yet another Dragon he brought with him.

This canyonous, cavernous regions were ancestral homes of dragons. It only made sense that hed come here with his brood. Leaving Lucas to take care of thing back home, and sneaking off before Leo could find out what was going on. The Alolan was becoming more... possessive and dependant on him. It was odd, seeing the indepent guy devolve into this.

But, the one Pokemon he could never escape was his Litwick. Nestled firmly between him and his Dragonite, the waxy ghost was not at all pleased with the current situation. Stick between a dragon and another dragon. This was just great, wasn't it. At least the orange one was a lot friendlier than the yellow one.

Ethan shook his head, hearing a string of colorful language. If someone thought they could outcurse him, he was dead wrong.

"Fafnir, we're landing!" Ethan shouted, the Dragapult stopping in its tracks.

Seeing a group of trainers on the canyon path, he had Spencer slowly descend. The Dragonite was careful to traverse the jagged rocks, for his larger size wasn't exactly an advantage here. And while he was clumsy, he looked all the more apologetic as they landed.

The Shiny Dragapult, however, had no such difficulties. Turning ethereal, the bomber jet landed with full force. Powerful winds blew through the canons as the Dragapult touched down, coiling around his trainer. A show of strength, and power.

Cold, unnatural piercing yellow eyes examined the group in front of him. He then gave a small wave and a cocky grin. Litwick floating near him, trying to look apologetic already for the mess that was about to happen.

"Need any help there?"

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 11-09-2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: grammar
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #5
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gavin was altogether none too thrilled about how his day had gone thus far. Failing a Shiny was always a sore point for a Shiny hunter, but for it to be the very species that inspired one to specialize in Shiny Pokémon to begin with, that was a special level of oof right there, and that wasn't even factoring in the physical exertion the chase had entailed, which was felt all the more thanks to the disappointment of knowing that said chase had been all for naught.

With all of that in mind, a place to rest was exactly what Gavin and his Maractus needed at this point. And fortunately, the sound of the waterfall was leading them in the right direction. Once the spur opened up, Gavin and Miror stopped short. "...Whoa!" breathed the Shiny hunter.

"Maraac!" Miror agreed, likewise in awe.

And why wouldn't they be in awe? This was friggin' beautiful! A far cry from the barren, rocky wasteland this canyon had proven to be so far, they were in a somewhat enclosed space lush with green grass, and even sporting a couple of small trees. And in the back, Gavin could see a small pond, being fed by the very waterfall he had heard earlier. The whole thing looked like a little slice of Agate Village, and this comparison, coupled with the natural beauty of the place, brought a genuine smile to Gavin's face.

He took a few steps forward, but before he could get too far in, another Trainer touched down on the back of his Dragonite, the Dragon/Flying-type looking apologetic for any clumsiness entailed in his descent. And then came the Dragapult- quite the opposite, the sentient stealth bomber made full use of his ghostly capabilities, landing at full force before coiling around the Trainer who had rode in on the Dragonite. "The fuck-" Gavin exclaimed before the ensuing winds died down. "Damn, dude," he remarked. "Hell of an entrance." He sounded somewhere between annoyed and impressed at this point, and as he spoke, he took out his P*DA, slid it open, and went into the Strategy Memo.

"Dragonite, the Dragon Pokémon. The evolved form of Dragonair. Type: Dragon and Flying," droned the device. "Said to constantly fly over the sea and rescue drowning people. Intelligence is on par with humans."

"Good shit," Gavin remarked, now turning his P*DA on the Dragapult.

"Dragapult, the Stealth Pokémon. The evolved form of Drakloak. Type: Dragon and Ghost," droned the device. "Launches Dreepy from its horns at Mach speeds. The Dreepy do not mind this."

"And wait a friggin' second," Gavin added, now removing the Poké Radar from his belt and sliding it open. As he pressed the button to activate it, a number of dots appeared on the screen, each one correlating with the position of a Pokémon in the vicinity. Most were green, but the one that corresponded with Dragapult was a bright gold. "Friggin' knew it," Gavin chuckled, putting away his Poké Radar and P*DA. "Shiny Dragapult, huh? That's some good shit right there. I was just after a Shiny Flygon myself, but it got away," he grumbled, rolling his eyes. "Exactly why I bought the damn Quick Balls, too... Ah, well," he shook his head. "So, uh. Help, huh? I mean, if this is your place here, then yeah, sure, wouldn't mind taking a load off for a while. Or did you just stumble upon this place, too? Name's Gavin, by the way. Gavin Golurkson."
Old 10-26-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
Heather
Naga's Voice

As Gavin became visible at the clearing's opening, Catharine tensed. Not because the new visitor was in any way off putting, but because that same, tingling anticipation from before had just returned, even more intensely than before. Catharine ducked, coil of rope clenched in one hand, as something landed very forcefully in the clearing, buffeting those present with a sharp gust. As Catharine looked up once again, her heart stilled for a moment. Out of the blue, another strange Trainer had landed, on the back of a fully-grown Dragonite, no less. And the other, yellow-horned creature accompanying them...Catharine could feel it's authoritarian air pressing down on her, an unspoken threat that told Catharine in no uncertain terms that she would show the proper respect. She was certainly not prepared to defy such a powerful Pokémon.

Still, as Catharine dusted herself off and slowly approached the group, she overheard the conversation between the two Trainers, who didn't seem to know each other, and cut in as Gavin mentioned the idea of taking a load off.

"That would be me you're looking for, actually. Catharine Park, at your service." Catharine said, clipping her rope coil to her hip. "I heard you cursing up a storm a while ago, so I figure you're pretty tired. I heard you say you were Gavin Golurkson, but as for you," Catharine said, turning to face the Dragonite rider, "I don't think I got your name yet."

As she was saying this, a small Yamper ran quickly to her side, having smelled the new arrivals. And promptly ran past her, rocketing over to the Maractus at Gavin's side instead.

"Hi! I'm Gigabyte! Let's be friends!" the Yamper barked, pawing the ground excitedly.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #7
Lil'twick
Insanity

"Ethan," the man replied curtly to both of them. He wasn't fond of discussing who he fully was, or his past. Just that he was aiming for the best, and would show off his power in any way that he could.

"To follow up on what she stated, I'm just here to be here. Canyons like this are a good place to train dragon-types, and well my brood needs some more training," he stated, pointing to both his Dragonite and Dragapult.

"These two are here to observe, mostly. Maybe kick some ass if need be, but most likely each other's," the trainer continued, causing Fafnir to look more than pleased. Spencer shyed away, not really being a Pokemon wishing for intensive training.

Instead, he took out a Space Ball and tossed it up into the air. Purple and gray landed with shimmering stars, its tail gargantuan compared to its small, bird-like torso and head. THe Pokemon looked around, and seemed more than content with what was here. The Shiny Dracozolt then looked at its trainer with a curious gaze.

"This here is Vortigern, the newest member of the brood. Catherine, wasn't it? Do you have a place here that I could train him up?" Ethan asked, curious intent hiding an undertone of maliciousness. They would crush any who would appose them.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 11-09-2021, 09:53 PM   #8
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

No sooner had Gavin finished speaking did the actual owner of the place show up, as if on cue. She introduced herself as Catharine Park, though then remarked about having overheard Gavin's swearing. "Oh, you heard a little of that, huh?" Gavin chuckled. "Eheheh, yeah, sorry about that, and yeah, kinda worn at the moment," he nodded. "Found a friggin' Shiny Flygon little while back, must have chased it for miles because my dumb ass didn't immediately go for the Quick Ball, and, well," he sighed. "Could be anywhere by now."

Miror watched as the Yamper raced over, shooting right past his Trainer and approaching the Maractus. Introducing himself as Gigabyte, he immediately suggested that they be friends. "Sounds good to me, Gigabyte," nodded the Maractus. "Name's Miror. This guy here's my Trainer, Gavin," he added, indicating the Shiny hunter he was accompanying. "Looks like a nice place here," the Maractus commented, glancing around. "

Ethan, as the other Trainer introduced himself as, was quite curt in aforementioned introduction. He explained that these sorts of canyons were good places to train Dragon-types, and he had some Dragon-types he wanted to train. Not so much the Dragonite and Shiny Dragapult, however- instead, he produced a Space Ball and tossed it, sending out something that got Gavin's eyes widening. He'd never seen this Pokémon before, but the swirling sparkles accompanying its appearance told the whole story. Moreover, he felt as though he had seen at least half of this thing before, albeit in a different color- damn if this thing's ass wasn't the spitting image of Maribel's Dracovish's entire lower body! "The fuck...?" Gavin remarked, turning his P*DA on the off-color frankenfossil.

"Dracozolt, the Fossil Pokémon. Type: Electric and Dragon," droned the device. "Unbeatable in ancient times thanks to its powerful lower body. Went extinct after depleting its own plant-based food sources."

"...I don't friggin' buy that," Gavin said flatly. "This is one of them Pokémon created by that Cara Liss, yeah? Friend of mine's her cousin. And my best friend's daughter, she's got another one of these things herself, though hers has the tail end of this thing with a fish head on the tail. But yeah- They're clearly two different fossils slapped together and thrown in a restoration machine, and they're friggin' awesome," he chuckled. "Vortigern, huh? Cool, cool." He made a conscious effort to friggin' stop talking around this point, for Ethan was asking Catherine if there was anywhere he could train, and while Gavin found himself wanting to maybe get in on this, he was still, after all, quite worn out from chasing a Shiny Flygon across the Fizzytopian desert, and needed to relax first and foremost. No sense wearing himself out to the point of exhaustion when he really didn't need to, after all, so while Ethan asked his question, Gavin glanced around again, taking in his frankly beautiful surroundings, and grinning as he noticed his faithful starter already in the process of making a new friend. He turned his P*DA on the excitable puppy.

"Yamper, the Puppy Pokémon. Type: Electric," droned the device. "A popular herding dog in the Galar region. Generates electricity from the base of its tail as it runs."

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-12-2021 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:03 AM   #9
Heather
Naga's Voice

Catherine nodded as Ethan introduced himself, though she shuddered at the Dragapult's expression. It seemed more and more that this was not merely a noble creature intent on being shown respect. No, this was a dragon fully aware of its superiority to Catherine and anything she could muster against it, and reveling in the power of its station. And as Gavin confirmed for her what she had suspected about his situation, she pointedly made no further comment after the man remarked that the Flygon could be anywhere.

Nor would she have cause to make such a comment, for the third Pokemon Ethan brought out really put her on her back foot, being unlike anything she'd ever seen. Most of the creature's body was clearly of a draconic nature, with large, tough looking claws on its feet, dangerously sharp spines along its tail, and gleaming black and grey scales that proudly proclaimed the specimen as a Shiny variant...but all that abruptly ended, as if the front half of the dragon had been cleaved off, and the front of a small gray avianoid creature had been tacked on in its place. Indeed, as Gavin expressed his disbelief of what his P★DA was telling him about the so-called Dracozolt, Catharine had to agree with the man's assessment of this being two random fossil halves smashed together, especially considering he mentioned an acquaintance of his who owned a markedly similar creature, just with a fish head involved. Catharine had to wonder if the "Cara Liss" behind the creation of these Pokemon had any sense of what they were doing at the time. She also wanted to see the missing half of each piece.

Still, Ethan requested a place to train the apparently newer Pokemon, and she could tell that he wasn't going to take no for an answer-no matter how woefully unprepared she felt to be such an "intense opponent" to a dragon, even one as strange as this, Catharine felt she had no choice but to accept the strange Trainer's challenge, or be swept aside.

"The 'arena,' I suppose you'd call it, is that way." she said, pointing to the rectangle of shorter grass not far behind the pair. "Will it just be, ah, Vortigern, or do you have another? Or maybe you'd be willing to partner up with Gavin, if he's up for it? I'm just more partial to Double Battles, as it were, but I can swing a Singles match if you insist." Catharine asked, struggling for a second as to how to speak the Dracozolt's name.

Gigabyte, for his part, didn't even notice Gavin scanning him.

"Nice to meet you, Miror! It is nice here! There's enough space to run around all day if you wanted to! What's it like where you live?" Gigabyte asked, before being interrupted by a quick whistle from Catharine.

"Stay close, Gigabyte! Just in case I need you, alright? Bring your new friend!" she said, beckoning him to the arena with a warm smile.

"Oh, oh, Catharine's gonna battle! Come on, let's go watch!" Gigabyte told Miror excitedly, before making his way over to the edge of the arena, looking back to see if the Maractus would follow.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2022, 01:46 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Insanity

He listened to the other two converse, not really caring. Some whackjob from another region creating chimera-fossils. HE wasn't interested in that in the slightest. Vortigern was there, and well that was that. The fact he was of a different hue than the parts used to make him showed the dragon was special. Though, there was one thing that piqued his interest.

Double... battle? That was, different. Yet, if he needed to, so be it. He had brought most of his dragons along for a reason. And so, there was one other hatchling that definitely needed some training. So, pulling out her Pokeball, the man sent out the other dragon.

"Kur, let's go," he stated as a Bagon hit the ground.

The blue hatchling looked around in awe, being obviously dwarfed by the rest of the dragons. Yet, there was spunk in her, and she was more than dealing to fight. Dragon and Dragon. One large, and the other small. One dreaming of the skies, and one dreaming of something much darker.

He then returned Spencer and Fafnir to their Pokeballs. No need to send in the titans for a training match. He followed Catherine to the arena and took his side. His shiny Dracazolt positioned himself to his left, and his Bagon positioned herself to his right. There, he sat waiting, Litwick floating by him.

"These are my contenders. Two on two. Now, let's fight!" he shouted, waiting for Catherine to sent out her chosen Pokemon. This would be interesting.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #11
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The appearance of the Shiny Dracozolt had thrown all involved for a loop, but Catherine was quick to regain composure, indicating an area where a battle could take place. Gavin perked up somewhat at the mention of Catherine preferring double battles, to say nothing of the notion of getting to team up with this guy and his freaking awesome Shiny Pokémon. Now that sounded like a good time! Gavin inhaled with every intention of voicing his approval of that particular suggestion, but before he could say anything, Ethan sent out his Bagon, of a decidedly more usual coloration, and headed off to the arena, making it as clear as a Yanma's wing that the pair of Dragon-types were what he would use in battle, further highlighting the point by withdrawing his Dragonite and Dragapult- clearly this was to be more about the newer members of his team than the more experienced ones. "...I mean, I wouldn't have minded teaming up for this," Gavin piped up. "Pretty partial to double battles myself." That said, he stayed off to the sidelines for now. Much as he'd have liked getting in on the action himself, watching a good double battle was certainly a good time in its own right. A good chunk of his childhood was spent in the stands at Pyrite Colosseum, cheering with the crowds, watching good old-fashioned two-on-two Pokémon fights. Childhood memories that eventually spurred him to bring Sludge Wave Colosseum into being, bringing a little bit of Orre culture into the Fizzytopia region. Hell, maybe after this battle he could request another battle himself, if either of them would be up for more.

Meanwhile, the Maractus was invited to come over with Gigabyte and watch the battle unfold, and Miror saw no reason to refuse, having started to follow before the his new friend had even looked back to see whether he was doing so. As he went along, making his usual maracas-esque noises as he hopped, the Maractus answered the Yamper's earlier question. "It's pretty nice where I live," Miror responded. "Lots of room- we live in this town by the sea, Sludge Wave Coast, big clearing in the center of town. Gavin's best friend has a Rapidash and Scolipede that love to race each other there, and believe me, they need plenty of room," he chuckled. "I get to watch a lot of cool double battles back home, too," he added, observing the battle that was about to begin. "Gavin runs a Colosseum in town, and it draws in Trainers from all over the region. You get to see a lot of battles like this around here?" he asked Gigabyte. As he talked, he sneaked a glance at Gavin, turning back to Gigabyte once he was satisfied that his Trainer was OK with just watching for the time being- for indeed, Miror knew Gavin, and knew him well, and a single glance was all the Cactus Pokémon needed to be reassured on that point and set at ease.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:25 PM   #12
Heather
Naga's Voice

Catharine studied the two Dragon-Types before her intently. A Bagon, as well as this Dracozolt creature, was it? Her thoughts were momentarily interrupted by the crashing wave of relief that came over her as the larger, more imposing Dragons, especially that Dragapult, were withdrawn into their Balls. At once, the on-edge feeling that had been hanging over her dissipated, leaving her to consider her choice of contenders in peace.

While this would no doubt be a marvelous opportunity for Fortuna, I'd feel a little bit bad about pitting younger Dragons against a Fairy when they're the one's I'm volunteering to help train, to help learn...it seems mean-spirited, almost. But I'm not about to give them a cakewalk, either! Catharine thought to herself.

"Alright then." Catharine said finally. As she plucked two particular Poke Balls from their clips, she took a deep breath, letting the sound of the nearby waterfall soothe her remaining nerves, before calling on her contenders of choice, both Poke Balls thrown at once with a practiced ease.

"Laura! You too, Earthquake!" Catharine called, as her Farfetch'd, still without its Leek, and Larvitar materialized on the field.

"We're fightin'?" Laura asked, the small bird fluffing her feathers.

"We're training." Catharine replied. "Both of you, don't go overboard, alright?" she prompted.

"Understood!" Laura replied eagerly, with as much of a salute as a bird could muster.

"Wouldn't want to...too much work..." Earthquake said, stifling a yawn. Though, half-asleep as the Rock Skin Pokémon might have seemed to be, he was still fully alert and ready. Most might have called him lazy at first tack, but after a few weeks with him, Catharine had simply realized that the Larvitar made nary a move without some kind of purpose.

"Alright then. Laura, let's make a good First Impression with Dracozolt over there. Earthquake, give the Bagon a Tackle to start off with. Let's get a feel for what these two are capable of..." Catharine ordered. All at once, Laura sprang into action, flying herself headlong into Vortigern at speed, as a dull yellow-green energy preceded her. Earthquake, meanwhile, began moving towards Kur in order to Tackle him.

From the sidelines, Gigabyte barked excitedly as the battle began in earnest, before returning his full attention to his conversation.

"Sludge Wave Coast sounds fun! Maybe I can race that Rapidash and Scolipede once I evolve!" the Yamper said. Though, at the mention of Sludge Wave Colosseum, he definitely got excited. "A colosseum? Catharine loves those! She's always watching colosseum tournaments on TV from someplace called Pyrite! She said she went in person a lot when she was younger. She also watches super close whenever this guy in a blue coat battles there. His Pokémon are super strong!" Gigabyte explained happily. "Especially his Tyranitar! Earthquake thinks I don't notice how much he stares at that Tyranitar. I think he's a little jealous that it's all grown up already. I always hear him muttering about wanting to be big." the Yamper added in a softer voice, not wanting to distract the current combatant with such wanton gossiping.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2022, 06:29 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Given the choice, Gavin was absolutely more willing to jump into the fray himself than just be a spectator, but on the other hand, there was certainly something to be said for watching a good Pokémon fight unfold, especially if it was a double battle. And, hell, he was effectively a spectator for every single battle that unfolded in Sludge Wave Colosseum. Well, OK, spectator, commentator, referee, same difference. In any case, he contented himself with sitting back and watch. Catharine had thrown her Poké Balls simultaneously with an ease that told the Shiny hunter that this was far from her first double battle. And from said balls emerged a Normal Form Farfetch'd, albeit minus the leek, and a Larvitar. The Farfetch'd looked eager to get in on the action, while the Larvitar looked significantly less enthusiastic. Not unwilling to battle, but certainly not eager to just jump right in.

"Hm," Gavin remarked, watching Catharine's Pokémon spring into action. It was too soon to say how good the battle would end up being, but he felt like he'd soon figure it out one way or another. In any case, First Impression, that was always a hell of an opening move. He also tried to drive it into his mind that Earthquake was not the command being given, it was the Larvitar's nickname. He could not imagine naming any of his Pokémon after an attack, Arceus only knows how confusing that had the potential to get! Especially if Earthquake ever actually learned his namesake move down the road.

Gigabite got excited at the mention of Sludge Wave Colosseum, stating that Catharine loved Colosseums. Miror was intrigued by this, for he knew that Colosseum challenges were not very well known outside of the Orre region, and his eyes widened at the mention of Pyrite. "Pyrite?" he repeated. "Gavin's from Pyrite, he grew up there! He told me how he went to Pyrite Colosseum all the time when he was younger, and that's what inspired him to run a Colosseum when he came out to Fizzytopia- Colosseum challenges aren't a big thing outside of Orre, and he really wants to change that." He listened, nodding as Gigabite described a Trainer in a blue coat who would battle in Pyrite Colosseum. "Yeah, I've watched some of those Colosseum challenges on TV with Gavin as well, I've seen the guy you're talking about. His Tyranitar's super strong, though Gavin tends to take more notice of the teamwork between his Plusle and Feraligatr. Rain Dance, Surf, Thunder, Helping Hand, they got a lot of ways to help each other out." He spared a glance at the battle, at the Larvitar the conversation ended up touching upon in particular. "I'm sure he'll get there sooner or later," stated Miror. "Everyone's gotta start somewhere. I mean, I guess that's easy for me to say, we Maractus don't evolve at all," he chuckled. "But yeah, going back to what you said earlier, Sludge Wave Coast really is a nice town," he smiled. "Would love to see you and your Trainer come visit sometime, Gigabite."
Old 04-24-2022, 12:59 PM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

You build me up, you break me down, you got that sound yeah you got me.

Ethan watched as Catherine gave her orders. First Impression, an increased priority Bug-type move that could only be used the first round a Pokemon was out... Yes, that was definitely the stronger of the two already. Especially with the Larivatar just starting off with tackling Kur. He knew that the Bagon could take the hit, and oh would the counterattack be completely devastating.

"We also have a move that gets its full effects when used on the first turn the Pokemon is out! Vorty, please give your own greeting and gore that bird with your Bolt Beak!" Ethan ordered.

The Shiny Dracozolt complied willingly, charging his small beak with the power of electricity. While the Farfetch'd was definitely faster, and the first impression left a nasty mark, it was nothing the ancient dragon couldn't handle. The oddly proportioned, gigantic fossil kicked its powerful hindlegs to peck the Farfetch'd with its Bolt Beak.

"Nice to meet you too~ Now, shall we dance?" the Dracozolt spoke to the Kantonian bird with a cocky coo.

Meanwhile, Kur braced herself as the Larvitar came barreling toward her. She looked at her trainer, ready for her orders. She knew exactly what the plan was, but needed to confirm it. After all, she had more than enough of an advantage over this little creature. Sure, it might change when both of them were older and she had her wings... But for now.

"Kur, drown it and send it straight to the underworld! Hydro Pump!" the homunculus commanded, and the dragonling complied.

Creating a powerful torrent within her mouth, the Bagon blasted the poor Larvitar at point-blank with a powerful water move. At this range, it was nearly impossible to dodge out of the way in time, especially since it was still their turn. While she knew not of the Larvitar's fate, the Bagon was more than prepared for the next turn going forwards.

"Your move Catherine," Ethan stated calmly. "Just remember, best not leave yourself open to powerful counter-attacks. Even if this is just training... it's an important tactic to know. I'll have them hold back after this, both of them need to learn restraint, just wanted to prove a point is all." He continued on, giving his Bagon a nod, offering his advice to the trainer who called this place home.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-24-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2022, 02:55 PM   #15
Heather
Naga's Voice

The battle began in earnest, but went sour just as quickly. After all, just as Laura had finished giving Vortigern her best First Impression, the Dracozolt had retaliated with a super effective Bolt Beak. While her P★DA helpfully informed her that Laura's ability to strike first had weakened the riposting move, Laura's feathers were still quite visibly ruffled from the counterattack, and there were no guarantees that future uses of that same attack wouldn't come out faster. On the other hand, just before Earthquake could do anything to Kur, the small Bagon had let loose a devastating Hydro Pump at point blank! The Larvitar found himself blasted clear across the field by the forceful jet of water, essentially back to where he had started, with nothing accomplished. However slowly, the Rock Skin Pokémon got back to his feet, but there was a new look in his eyes.

"Worthy...opponents." the Larvitar muttered solemnly as he resumed a ready stance.

"I'll say! Those two aren't messing around!" the Farfetch'd said, schooling the last of her feathers back into place.

As Ethan gave his advice, indicating that he would take it easy now that his point was made, Catharine simply shook her head.

"No need to hold back. Now that I have your measure, I know just how hard I need to push if either of your pair are to grow from this experience." she replied calmly. "You two, are you ready to continue?" she asked her Pokemon.

"'Course I am!" Laura replied eagerly. "A little 'leccy won't put me out that fast! Let's dance!" she added defiantly.

"...Ready." Earthquake replied quietly.

"Then let's give them as good as we got! Laura, show that Bagon what it means to Fly, and Earthquake, lay into Vortigern with your Drill Run!" Catharine ordered.

At once, Laura was airborne, rising high into the air, before she began to dive towards Kur at top speed. A reminder of her ultimate vision, to drive her to go beyond. Meanwhile, on the ground, Earthquake's horn began to glow a dull brown, before somewhat elongating and taking on the appearance of a drill, which began to spin. All at once, the Larvitar charged at Vortigern at full tilt, faster than before, leveling his horn as he ran.

Gigabyte, for his part, listened intently as Miror told him about his own Trainer's favorite Doubles combinations to watch. "Helping Hand sounds like fun! Though Catharine picks up on a few other things, too. She told me back when she was younger, when she actually lived by the colloseum, the first time she saw Electric Terrain get used in a battle, she read all she could about the Terrain effects for a month straight! I think it's one of her favorite things. She actually taught me how to make Electric Terrain! And Fortuna can make Misty! She's still looking for good Pokémon for Grassy and Psychic Terrain, though. I think she would have taught Isabelle to make Psychic Terrain if her Ability wasn't Levitate." he explained quickly. "Though, she's still definitely strong without it. She's still young, but her Psychic attacks are tough!" he added.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2022, 07:27 PM   #16
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The battle got underway, and Gavin watched, astonished, as Ethan's Pokémon started very strong! Kur's Hydro Pump was packed with power, and quite frankly, Gavin felt it was a true testament to Earthquake's strength that this wasn't a one-hit KO! And Bolt Beak, he didn't know what the hell that move even was. But considering Maribel's Dracovish with that insane Fishious Rend move, he supposed Bolt Beak might be an Electric-type version of that, a move that gained great power when the user moved before the opponent (though Ethan seemed to be under the impression it merely gained more power if used as the Pokémon's first move of the battle for some reason). In any case, the fact that said move was coming in right after its target had launched into a First Impression, that meant the move wasn't at its full power. Even still, though, Gavin was impressed- there was a lot of power going into this training battle from both sides. Indeed, Catharine's response to Ethan's promise to go easier now that he'd made his point about not leaving one's self open to powerful counterattacks, was to shake her head and insist they keep going like this, the better to get Ethan's Dragon-types to grow from the experience. Although still slightly offended at having been effectively pushed to the side in all this, Gavin honestly wasn't all that upset at the moment, because damn if this battle wasn't getting good! It almost felt as though he was watching a Round 1 battle in a Colosseum challenge play out, rather than a mere training battle.

Gigabyte, meanwhile, explained to Miror about the various terrain moves, that Catharine seemed to love making use of those in battle. "Oh, those are cool," grinned the Maractus. "I know Grassy Terrain, myself, though I don't think any of my teammates have any of the other terrains... well, OK, actually, Dudley, Wes, and Sherles all know this move, Guardian Terrain, it's this weird fifth type of terrain discovered in this region. Near as I can tell, he's still trying to work out ways to use it to the fullest in battle. Another move he wants me to learn at some point, though, is Grass Pledge," the Maractus added. "There's three moves, Grass Pledge, Fire Pledge, and Water Pledge, and if two different ones are used at the same time by teammates in a double battle, they combine and make these weird effects happen. Like, Fire Pledge and Grassy Pledge make this field of fire that surrounds the enemy side and just damages them gradually unless they're Fire-types," the Maractus explained. "I've seen Dudley and Wes combine Fire Pledge and Water Pledge respectively to make this weird rainbow that lets their attacks have their side effects happen more often, too. And I've seen all sorts of other combinations get pulled off when I sit in the stands in Sludge Wave Colosseum." Then, one particular part of what Gigabyte had just said caught up with the Maractus. "Wait, lived by the Colosseum- you mean your Trainer's from Pyrite Town too, just like Gavin?" he asked. "Whoa, that's cool!"
Old 06-09-2022, 02:23 PM   #17
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick These battlescars

Ethan scoffed at what was said to him. Don't hold back? Well, if that was something she so sorely wished for, then he would comply. He looked at the two dragons with him, as well as the orders that were given. Fly meant nothing to him this round, the Farfetch'd wasn't a threat at this point. Yet, the Larvitar was a problem. A problem that was easily drowned out and sent to a hollow grave.

"Fine by me! Kur, same as last time! Vortigern, turn your attention to the Larvitar and give it a nice Dragon Pulse to the face!" he ordered.

The trainer watched as the Drill Run connected with Vortigern, the dragon yowling at the super effective attack. Yet, even so, he was standing. They were, after all, only level one Pokemon. A solid super effective hit or two would end them. Yet, he was holding on, if barely.

Yet, that was the end of its line... it should be if it was around the same level. He watched as the Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse washed over the Larvitar. Whatever happened after the attacks were done, well, he hoped it would be a knockout. Taking two hard-hitting quadruple weak attacks on top of a Dragon Pulse would be more than enough.

He then saw the Farfetch'd start its descent... Well, Fly took two rounds normally. Kur would be in for a hard hit once the next round kicked in, but for now, it was a simple inevitability. Of course, if this was even of a playing field as he thought.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-08-2022, 12:17 AM   #18
Heather
Naga's Voice

Catharine grit her teeth at Ethan's scoff. Was she truly so lacking as a challenge to them? Unfortunately, Earthquake's fate was a point in their favor if so. While the Larvitar had managed to land Drill Run, and Vortigern seemed to be on their last legs, or at least so Catharine hoped, the combination of a second Hydro Pump and a Dragon Pulse delivered at such close range, was plain to see-Earthquake was sent sprawling back to Catharine's side of the field, and made no move to get up-he was out for the count, and Catharine returned him, her brow set in grim determination. Sure, winning wasn't so much the objective as posing enough challenge for Ethan's Pokémon to grow, but she'd be damned if she let herself be swept aside. Laura, for her part, was more than a little incensed by the new development, and plowed into Kur with her Fly attack, skidding to a quick landing as she took stock of the situation.

"It's up to you, Laura, so watch it! A good Throat Chop should keep its Bolt Beak off of you!" Catharine ordered. While Bolt Beak wasn't the sort of move that Throat Chop normally disabled, Catharine could hardly ignore how Vortigern's neck was something of a weak point, what with the bulk of his, well, bulk, being in his draconian half. Laura gave a quick nod before she was off like a shot, a Defiant determination burning in her eyes as she took to the air, before quickly diving, hoping to shake any attacks aimed at her in the air, and flying low to the ground before moving to deliver a brutal chopping attack to Vortigern's throat.

Over on the sidelines, Mirir was discussing various other combination strategies with Gigabyte, who was listening with rapt attention. "Those Pledge attacks sound cool! I wonder what an Electric Pledge would be like!" he said, stubby tail wagging in clear excitement at the concept. However, once Miror caught on to where Catharinevwas from, and pointed out that Gavin was from there too, Gigabyte perked up. "Yeah! She did say she didn't get out all that much, usually just to watch the Collosseum challenges. But she met Clarisse when she was on a trip near Agate Village! She had gotten lost in the forest, but Clarisse helped her get back to her camp. She built a monument out back like the one in Agate Village, to help her remember." he explained, turning to face in the direction of the waterfall.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2022, 04:12 PM   #19
Lil'twick
Insanity

Litwick We will fight 'til we see the sunlight

Ethan watched as the round played out, his expression was unchanging. Just as he expected, they could overpower their opponent and ensure they came out victorious. One down, one to go... hopefully. Despite his actions, doubles were not his forte. This was Catherine's home field, and her Farfetch'd was definitely something he was wary of.

His point was proven as the Kantonian duck flew through their air with defiant determination. Taking her leek, she went for Vorty's throat, the Shiny Dracozolt gawking before falling to the ground. The circles from its eyes were all it took to know the Pokemon was knocked out. Not as much stamina yet, but that could be worked on. Trained up, and made sure that they could last longer in battle.

"Good job," he stated as he returned the Galarian fossil before looking at his opponent.

"You as well," he curtly told her.

"Now, let's see how far we can go in this training session Kur! Bolster up with an Iron Defense!" he ordered the Bagon, who nodded in response.

The Bagon then crossed her arms, channeling steel-typed energy through her from head to toe. An iron shield dropped down in front of her before a blue aura washed over her. With a sharply risen defense, she should be able to take more of a beating from her foe.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-07-2022, 07:31 PM   #20
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Gavin continued to watch the training battle unfold with interest, though winced as the Larvitar was knocked out in insultingly short order. Then again, a Rock and Ground-type taking more than one Hydro Pump was impressive in and of itself, so between that and the Dragon Pulse, the Larvitar getting knocked out did not come as a surprise. This left Catharine with just her Farfetch'd, which was at something of a type disadvantage of her own, what with that Dracozolt to consider. However, the command for Throat Chop turned out to be the right move, as Vortigern was knocked right out by the move. It was down to Farfetch'd vs. Bagon now.

"Electric Pledge, huh?" considered Miror. "That'd be pretty cool. I feel like something like that might set up Electric Terrain, honestly." He then listened as Gigabyte explained that Catharine met Clarisse on a trip near Agate Village, that she had helped her return to her camp when Catharine was lost in the forest. "Oh, that monument I gotta see, that sounds cool. I saw the real thing, actually- Gavin took me to see it before we struck out for Fizzytopia," the Maractus replied. "The Relic Stone, he called it. Always meant something special to the people of Agate, but once they learned its power could be used to purify Shadow Pokémon, it became even more special and precious to them." The Maractus looked back up at his Trainer for a moment, then turned his attention back to the Yamper. "Gavin's real big on keeping Orre culture alive," he stated. "I told you already about Sludge Wave Colosseum, that was Gav's big way of bringing some Orre culture into Fizzytopia. But he also managed to arrange some kind of deal between the big Department Stores in this region and this guy Duking back in Pyrite Town, and now Duking-brand Poké Snacks can be bought right here in Fizzytopia. And lemme tell you, Gigabite, those things are delicious. Hell, it was because of them I was able to meet Gavin in the first place. Wanna hear the story?" the Maractus asked.

"Oh- and the other thing Gavin does, all his nicknames for us tie into Orre's history in some way. Me, I'm named after this famous dancing dude, Miror B., a former criminal who gave up his life of crime because he was far more interested in wowing everyone with his dance moves. And we Maractus are all about incorporating song and dance into our battle style whenever we can, so once I learned the history there, I couldn't deny the name fit like a glove," grinned the Maractus. "But yeah- he's named us after towns- there's the Shiny Dustox, Agate, and the Shiny Metagross, Phenac- he's named us after people- aside from me, there's the Shiny Thievul, Gonzap, and then there's the Ambipom and Shiny Dunsparce, Wes and Rui respectively, and, oh, yeah, the Shiny Abomasnow, Battlus. And man, does he ever like to battle us," he chuckled though stopped there to await an answer to his earlier question.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases