Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:09 AM   #27
Torkoal Stu
This

So I finally finished Season 3 this week (I know it's been out for ages) and I was grossly dissapointed D:

Spoiler: show
It honestly felt like for the first time they had no "endgame" in mind. It just plodded along with random things happening for no reason and then all the events in the last episode were just kind of there. Anyone get what I mean?

Piper somehow went from sympathetic, to love-to-hate, to just hate in the course of one season. I can't tell if we're supposed to dislike her now or not, but I do.

However on the positives we did get some good flashback sequences (particuarly enjoyed Flaka's episode). And the increased focus on the guards was quite nice. But what happened to the young female guard from Season 2? I must have missed something :/

And my wish of NO MORE LARRY was granted. Thank you.
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:55 AM   #28
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

RE: Stu's question: Fischer got fired by Caputo towards the end of Season 2 as I recall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:38 AM   #29
Torkoal Stu
This

Oh thank you SoS, I just googled it after I read your post and turns out it happened like mid-Season 2. I must have had a mega mind blank.

Oopsies~ :x
Old 06-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #30
Torkoal Stu
This

So anyone watched Series 4?

WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS FROM THROUGHOUT THE SEASON.

A definite return to form in my eyes this season. Although felt much darker on the whole but enough comedy and clever writing for it to pass.

I think making Piper and Alex spend the entire season apart bar the odd scene was a really good move, it definitely made me like them a lot more as I found them insufferable in the last season. Alex was a much better character, more fleshed and likeable. Piper is kind of a ruined character and majorly unlikeable in every single way, but I think that is just irreversible by this point? I felt like they also redeemed Red a lot this series and gave her a new sense of purpose.

Some good flashback episodes this season. I loved the one with Maritza, because it was a light comedic reprieve in quite a heavy season. Brook's also added some much needed something to her characfter who was more likeable this time round. I think her relationship with Poussey helped too though. Lolly also ended up being something I really enjoyed this season, she was much needed comic relief in almost every episode. I enjoyed the introduction of Alison, I look forward to seeing her more next series.

The return of Sophia felt like a bit of a non-event. There was so much build up there just for it to kind of amount to nothing. Similiar for the return of Nicky. Her first episode was very strpmg and reminded me how I missed the character, just for her not to do much the rest of the series. I think the biggest problem this series is there are a large amount of dead weight characters who they kind of now need to start being trimmed in places. Daya, Morello, Boo and so forth all have begun to feel pointless when the prison is now full of new dynamic characters to explore. But I guess they kind of work it on a rotational basis as there are characters who have been used heavily in S4 who will take a backseat in S5.

Now my major gripe is that I think the death in the last episode was a waste and purely for shock value. It has very little of the gravitas that it was meant to and I know it'll become a massive driving force for every event in S5 so I guess that will come in time. But considering it was one of the best characters in the show, it definitely felt cheap and crammed full of shock value to me.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #31
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

I heard about one of the major spoilers and I got so upset and mad I'm putting it off from watching it until later :[

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:30 AM   #32
RichardS
Pokemon Trainer

I'm fan of it
RichardS is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment