UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 10-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Pikachu [DS] POKéMON Ranger Guardian Signs

Release: Mar. 6th (JP), Oct. 4th (US), Nov. 5th (EU)
Players: 1 - 4
Demo: Capture Mew! (currently available on Nintendo Channel)
Lefties: Dissed
Region: Oblivia
Villians: POKéMON Pinchers

Yay its here! The 3rd game in the Ranger series! Did anyone expect it to last this long? Who cares cause its back and so far better then ever!

This time around its not just running around looping POKéMON and breaking targets! Nope, now we also got action segments! In the games prologue you'll be dodging bullets and diving underwater and I'm sure there'll be many more actiony things ta come.

My sole issue with it so far was the diving sequence cause you're told ta turn the DS on its side to book mode. The problem is if you're left-handed like I am well... to bad for you! Cause there is no option to change it so deal with it -.-;

btw Ukulele Pichu is a cutie! I mean I know its just a regular Pichu with a ukulele but hey thats what accessorizing does! Makes cute things cuter when done right! On with the mission!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Wheres the love??

I wrapped up the story portion of the game at just over 16 hours an 28 quests cleared. Only broke my styler once and only once against one of the final bosses and an unlikely one at that x_x It sucked that after getting all hyped up there weren't any other action segments just diving/flying used around 3-4 times each. They were fun an not overused but I still woulda liked more variety.

Bad Stuffs: story was okay and kinda resembled the second PKMN movie. I didn't care for the villians except when they were being silly. The music was kinda blah even the battle themes which is bad cause good battle music is a necessity! Sign drawing was hard for me I'd mess up early ones and even more often later ones and the very last one almost made me give up!

Good Stuffs: battles are much less cheaper then in Shadows of Almia! Not quite cakewalk insta-S rank but alot more manageable in general. The interface is waaay improved from letting you use buttons on the title screen, to letting you hide your PKMN off-screen, to the much speedier post-battle stats. Letting ya have 7 PKMN + your partner right from the start was sweet to. Traveling the world is less painful since towns/dungeons are much smaller.

The gameplay and interface is a huge improvement over the previous game. Story and music may not so much. The graphics aren't noticably improved either. But gameplay is king and this game got it right. It stings not having any Chansey family representation however... ;_;
Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
EpicScizor
Pokemon Trainer

Would you recommend that I get this game?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Oh an I forgot to mention that unlike other DS PKMN games (not that I'd know anything about 'em >_>) in this one you can turn the game on and be in it within seconds if ya mashing on the A button. This wasn't possible in Ranger 2 or Dash cause they required you to use the touchscreen and the other games have huuuuge save files which require some pre-loading I guess... still its nice ta be able to jump right into a game with speed and ease.

Plus post-game I have found Happiny and Blissey! No sign of Chansey yet however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicScizor View Post
Would you recommend that I get this game?
Not if ya didn't like other Ranger games battle systems cause even with all the other upgrades to the game battling is what ya do most of. I happen to think its a fun battle system outside of a few annoying encounters. Its kind of a unique game so its hard to tell who'd like it or not. If ya can get it on the cheap its certainly worth it to try.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
EpicScizor
Pokemon Trainer

Ya, I liked the older Ranger games. They were fun. Besides, I checked out the website, I think I'm going to try and get it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON