UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Rotom Magnemite Evolution Get Together

During your travels and adventures around Fizzytopia and its zones, you came across a small poster taped up to a nearby wall or telephone pole. You go up to it and read it:

Wanted: Trainers of Magnemite
I wish to conduct a study on the evolution of Magnemite and
I need subjects to study. Any and all Magnemite are welcome,
provided they are able and willing to evolve. Please aid my studies,
there is only a small window of time to do this. If interested or
if you require more information, please contact Alex Morgan at:

If you don’t have a Magnemite, you just pass over the notice and continue on your way. However if you do indeed have one of the magnetic Pokémon, you decide to call the number listed on the poster. The phone rings a few times and then it is picked up and a male voice responds. “Hello?”

You state that you are looking for Alex Morgan about the notice that he had posted up and that you were interested in joining with your own Magnemite. “Great! Thanks for volunteering. We’re getting together at the Energo Quarry on Whale Island in a couple of days. Please come, this is an opportunity that only comes around once every 11 years. Oh, could I have your name and contact info as well as the name of your Magnemite?” You give them to him. “Thanks! See you there I guess.”

---

A couple of days later you arrive at the entrance to Energo Quarry. You see a short nerdy teenager flanked by a Magnemite of his own standing by the entrance. You asked him if he was there to meet up with Alex Morgan as well. A grin came to the trainer’s face. “I’m not here to meet him, I am him.” You raise an eyebrow, he was younger than you thought. You introduce yourself and your own Magnemite. “Welcome. This is my partner Theta.” He indicated the Magnmite hovering by his shoulder. He paused and pulled out a camera. “Do you mind if I take a few pictures? I need to document the before and after of the evolution.” You don’t see any problems in taking a few pictures, so you give the researcher the go ahead. He snapped a couple of pictures. “We need to tag it somehow. Give it a held item so we can tell the Magnemite apart when they come back out. My own is holding a Magnet.” You double check to see if your Magnemite was distinguishable from the others. Alex nods and speaks again. “We need to wait for everyone to show up. Until then, if you have any questions, go ahead and ask.”
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

As Joshua made his way through the centre of Fizzytopia, coffee in hand, towards his Shop of all Trades, ready to open it up for the morning, he realised a large poster had been placed upon his window. The culprit appeared to be speeding off down the street, several other posters in hand.

"HEY! PLACE THEM ON YOUR OWN SHOP!" Needless to say, he was... less than thrilled. Tearing the poster off his window, he happened to notice one word that caught his eye: Magnemite. As the owner of a Shiny Magnemite, his interest was now officially... piqued.

"Wanted: Trainers of Magnemite
I wish to conduct a study on the evolution of Magnemite and
I need subjects to study. Any and all Magnemite are welcome,
provided they are able and willing to evolve. Please aid my studies,
there is only a small window of time to do this. If interested or
if you require more information, please contact Alex Morgan at..."

A quick check of his Pokédex revealed that Voltron was currently at level 30, the requirement for any Magnemite to evolve. Perhaps this was worth a shot. He did seem ready, and if he could give this researcher a hand, there might be a reward in store. If nothing else, Voltron might gain a bit more confidence from it all. He smiled. Definitely ought to give this guy a call.

"Hi, I'm looking for an Alex Morgan? He put some poster on my shop this morning... Long story short, I'm interested in helping him out."

“Great! Thanks for volunteering. We’re getting together at the Energo Quarry on Whale Island in a couple of days. Please come, this is an opportunity that only comes around once every 11 years. Oh, could I have your name and contact info as well as the name of your Magnemite?” Eleven years? That sounded... Odd. Still, better strike while the iron was hot.

"Sure. The name's Joshua. You can reach me at..."

---

Several days later, Joshua had reached the Whale Island quarry, the green Magnemite floating beside him nervously. "Relax, Voltron. This will only make you stronger." He buzzed, not one hundred percent confident in evolving... But willing to help at any rate. A short boy, with his own Magnemite was standing at the entrance to the quarry. "Hey!" he called out, "You here looking for this Morgan guy as well?"

"I’m not here to meet him, I am him," Morgan said with a grin. Oh, well that was easy. Still, he looked like he was just a kid. This was an accomplished researcher? Hopefully not one of those insufferable prodigy types...

"Oh, well, that saves some effort. I'm Joshua, I believe I called you a few days ago. This little fellow is Voltron, my Magnemite." Voltron and Theta, Morgan's Magnemite buzzed around each other happily, as Morgan began to take a couple of pictures for his research. Joshua resisted striking a heroic pose.

“We need to tag it somehow. Give it a held item so we can tell the Magnemite apart when they come back out. My own is holding a Magnet.”

"Voltron is shiny, dude, I don't think I'll have any problem," he shrugged, "But if you insist..." Joshua stooped to rummage through his bag, pulling out a small, heart shaped disc. "Yeah, this Heart Scale should do, right?" He quickly equipped it to his companion and took a seat, as they waited for others to show up. "So... I don't suppose I'll earn a footnote in your papers, will I?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
Kelntin
Cascade Badge

There was a feeling that not many trainers would like to have, unless of course, that trainer is some kind of medium, psychic, hex girl or story teller. It was known that there is at least more than 1 trainer around these parts who does not fear the presence of ghosts or those from the other realm. But enough of that - today will not have the story being told about them. It probably involves those who have high affinity for mechanical contraptions, digital devices, or genderless pokemon. An event is to be held, proud to present and to celebrate, regional geekdom.

So there it was again, that feeling. That feeling that something was approaching the one who waited for others to come. If he should turn around, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. But isn't that how it usually turns out? What you don't see, can kill. Again, if one was to look around, there was nothing out of the ordinary. After all, this story will take place in the Energos quarry. It didn't matter if the area was populated, well-lit or not, it shouldn't be a scary place. Scattered around here were just tools left behind for anyone who works in the quarry.

The feeling that something was following returned again. Upon turning around, Alex Morgan saw a levitating knife. The knife was floating in the air while stalking him. Upon being spotted, the knife shook erratically before losing its willpower and dropping itself onto the floor. It seemed that Alex Morgan received a holographic phone call on his mobile device at that very moment which played, "Hey there, Rayzen here. I saw your ad. It seems that Armyknife, my magnemite, has already reached Energos Quarry. It was probably attracted to you via electromagnetism, naturally. I was busy back then, but now, I'm coming, just wait for me. I'll be there with the speed of light, well, close to that anyway."
Kelntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So coming Monday my Magnemite will be level 46 and learn Lock-On which is the one move I wanted it to know asap and holding me off on evolving it. Now that that goal is in sight, I was wondering how other Magnemite owners felt about continuing this event. Having a single moment in which all of them evolve together sounds like a fun way of RP'ing their evolution.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Lucas stood there with the folder in hand, glancing over it for the hundred-and-second time. He had forgotten all about the advert. Haven gone in and out of the cable club a few times, missing the evolution get together was almost impossible. Their notice boards were filled with offers from time to time and Lucas had spent most of his devotion to his other companions. So when the offer came by, he merely ripped it off and tucked it in his bag, forgetting about it completely in the process. It was only when Lucas had to take everything out of his bag to dry that he remembered about it.
A hundred-and-third glance. He was still unsure whether he should trust it or not. An offer to evolve your Magnemite? It sounded like a trap. Lucas looked away to stare at his comrades. Steropes’mane was only slightly doused by the water when she galloped into the pond, taking him with it. Kong was taking a time out for scaring her, courtesy of Faust freezing him in a shell of ice. Rags held onto wet Doom who had gleefully jumped in after his trainer, holding the stem of Hood in his mouth like it was some sort of fetching stick. But it was his Magnemite he was more interested in. Currently he was alternating between screeching and wailing, as a result of Blackbeard alternating between squawking and taunting.
Bah he thought to himself. Why bother thinking about it. A few moments later he dialed the number with a phone he happened to find in someone else’s backpack. He was given the opportunity to borrow it for a while by himself.
The phone rang for a few times before a voice appeared on the other side.
“Hello?”
…..

---

“Hello, are you the trainer Alex Morgan?” he asked the young man.
He wasn’t. The other trainer pointed to the one in the lab coat and told him he was the Alex Morgan.
“Him?” he said in disbelief. “He looks way to young for someone to understand the princip;les of evolution. I thought we were meeting a professor.”
“Oh well,” he said with a shrug and a smile, accepting the fact as if it was the most simple thing in the world. “Guess that means we’ll get along better.”
Lucas went up to introduce himself.
“Welcome. This is my partner Theta.” The young professor indicated the Magnmite hovering by his shoulder. He paused and pulled out a camera. “Do you mind if I take a few pictures? I need to document the before and after of the evolution.”
Lucas eyes widened at the sight of the camera. “NO! Wait!”
But it was too late. The power button was pushed. What quickly followed was a loud magnetic buzing as Lucas’ Magnemite shook mid-air before spinning wildly on his axis. Lucas clutched his ears in pain but the ordeal ended after ten seconds. A loud ‘kerchunk’was heard and the Magnemite stopped spinning. A black crossed replaced his usual pupil and his eye darkened like a flashlight being snuffed out. With a heavy ‘ploff’ the Magnemite landed in the dirt.
“Heh,” his trainer chuckled, removing his hands from his ears. “I think it’s safe to take a picture now.” In truth, this was one of the biggest problems his Magnemite had. Whenever an electronic device was too close, he’d wail a high-pitch jitter in place, sometimes going so far as to turn himself off, like he did now, to avoid the electromagnetic discomfort. Hopefully his evolution was going to be more stable than this.

The young scientist took his picture and explained how it would probably be best to give each of the Magnemite an item to distinguish them when they evolve. Lucas hadn’t thought about that but quickly searched his backpack for something.
He pulled out a small Twistedspoon which ripped out of his hand as it latched onto the magnetic body of his Magnemite. The ability Magnet Pull still seemed to work to a certain extent while he was turned off.

The remaining trainers introduced their Magnemites and their names; Theta, Voltron, Armyknife.
“So what’s your Magnemite’s name?” one of them asked.
“What? (Hint: Joke here is that my Magnemite’s name is Watt, short for Wattson.)

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out