UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones

Old 03-07-2024, 07:03 PM   #51
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The event was well underway at this point, with more people and Pokémon arriving. A group even larger than the family the Masterses had brought along had brought with them had made their way into the park, albeit without their Trainer, and this gathering was quickly noticed by Keith's Appletun, who trundled over to greet them. "Hey! Hi! Heya!" she grinned. "Name's Amy, I'm here with my family, my Trainer, and my Trainer's family," she chuckled. "My man Flapple over there, and our little girls Hydrapple. And yeah, before any of you ask, I'm the only one with a nickname," she added nonchalantly. "Keith's the only one in the household who does nicknames. Well, him and his sister, anyway, but Willa and Maribel don't do nicknames, is more my point. Anyways, before I get rambling on again, what's y'all's names?" she added.

Meanwhile, another person had wandered into the park. "...Are you sure this will be OK?" he asked one of the bugs on his shoulder.

Indisputably, came the telepathic reply from the Blipbug. After all, there will undoubtedly be many Flapple in attendance, and Grav Apple is their signature move. What better opportunity to observe the natural user of said move in action, the better to master the move myself?

Eddie Starmie shook his head. "I'm not talking about that," he said. "I mean more the social aspect of this. I was not issued an invitation, as I neither own nor aspire to own an Applin or any of the Applinlutions."

Is that even an actual term people use for those?

"If it isn't, I won't rest until it is," Eddie retorted.

"Weedle, Weedle Weedle, Weedle Weedle Weedle," chimed in the Weedle on Eddie's other shoulder.

There, you see? Hermione's just pointed out that the Masterses are in attendance. Keith Masters is your best friend, and his daughter is dating your sister, Radar stated matter-of-factly. If anyone were to object to your presence, there is no doubt they would vouch for you.

"That much is true, but I wouldn't want to get them in trouble-" began Eddie.

Oh, for- Edward, will you just get in there and party already?! exploded Radar. Deoxys above, quit worrying about the minor, insignificant details, and LIVE a little!

"You're only saying that so you can get in there as well," Eddie smirked.

And yet the point I'm making to you remains valid, came the Blipbug's swift retort.

"...All right," Eddie relented. "At any rate, this should be a good opportunity for Elle to relax after that flight over here," he added, taking a Poké Ball off his belt and tossing it, sending out his Kangaskhan. "Elle, Lowercase, this is technically an event for Trainers who own an Applin or Applinlution, or else strive to do so someday, but Radar persuaded me to attend so that he can observe the Flapple and get more adept at using Grav Apple. He- now, where did he go?" he frowned, noticing the Blipbug was no longer on his shoulder.

"Kangas!" piped up Lowercase, the baby Kangaskhan in her mother's pouch, pointing off in the distance. Eddie turned to look, and saw Radar crawling off towards a group of Applinlutions that had seemingly arrived on their own.

"...Indeed. Thank you, Lowercase," Eddie said, which elicited a happy squeal of laughter from the baby, and in turn, an approving smile from Elle. "Hm? Hermione?" he added, noting that his Weedle had noticed something.

"Weedle," Hermione murmured thoughtfully. She had noticed Calem and Bertha, and was eyeing them curiously. She jumped down off Eddie's shoulder and crawled over to them. Eddie and Elle exchanged looks, shrugged, and made to follow, with Elle swimming a few feet in midair, and coming in for a gentle landing alongside her Trainer as he approached Liawe.

"Ah, hello," Eddie greeted Liawe. "I'm Edward Starmie, head of the Starmie Cryptopokology Research Laboratory in Sludge Wave Coast. But, ah, call me Eddie, I much prefer that," he added sheepishly. "This is Hermione, my Weedle; Elle, my Kangaskhan; and Lowercase, Elle's little girl."

"Weeeedle," Hermione chimed in with a polite nod.

"Kangas," smiled Elle.

"Skhan! Skhaaan!" cooed Lowercase eagerly.

"I... don't actually have an Applin or any of the Applinlutions- I only attended this because my Blipbug, who is... right over there," Eddie added, indicating where the Larva Pokémon had gone, "expressed interest in observing Flapple. See, ever since the Lunar New Year celebrations, Radar had learned Grav Apple, and has been quite keen on mastering the move. So, um, what's your name?" he asked.

Hermione, meanwhile, had approached Calem and Bertha. "Hello," she said. "Who are you? My name is Hermione, as my Trainer just mentioned."
Old 03-09-2024, 05:31 PM   #52
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Liawe started at the voice behind her, turning to a slightly more astonishing sight than someone talking to her: A floating Kangaskhan. Blinking a couple times to make sure it wasn't an illusion, she watched the floating creature land, before turning back to the Trainer who had addressed her, who was introducing himself as Eddie, a researcher in... cryptopolka? She'd probably missed a term. As he introduced his team, she looked around for hers, as they had a tendency to wander a bit, though thankfully Bertha had noticed that Liawe had stopped to talk and was wandering back to her Trainer's side. Calem was still sat on her back, eating an apple he'd filched from somewhere with gusto, his bunny ears wiggling in the wind as he chewed through the unfortunate fruit. "N-nice to meet you, Eddie," Liawe said, her focus returning to her conversation partner for the time being, "I'm Liawe, former Gym Leader of the Zephyr Valley Gym and currently residing there in a monitoring capacity, in case things start acting up again. These two are Bertha the Appletun and Calem the Caterpie, my reliab- where the frack did you get that from, Calem?" The introduction turned into an exclamation as she turned to see her Caterpie eating an apple still, having demolished most of the flesh and was now chewing through the core with undaunted gusto. Bertha shrugged, gesturing backwards at a stand with a basket of apples set on the floor next to it. Thankfully, the sign indicated that the apples were free for attendees, but Liawe doubted Calem had read the signs and had simply helped himself. "Thank the gods for that, they were freebies... Anyway, sorry for that introduction, they have a habit of wandering when you aren't carrying them. Anyway, you said you were a researcher? What're you looking into at the moment?"

Typical Liawe, to push the conversation away from herself. Calem rolled his eyes, before continuing to tuck into his well-deserved snack. And yes, he had read the sign saying the apples were free, he wasn't some baseborn thief. ...Though she did have a few in her retinue. Bertha, meanwhile, was a little more interested in the Weedle that had introduced herself as Hermione. "Hello, I'm Bertha. And this one", she gestured upwards, indicating the feasting Caterpie on her back, "is Calem. Who should really stop eating and introduce himself to our visitors!" Sighing, Calem finished chewing on the last dregs of his apple, before hopping off Bertha's back, his bunny suit granting him enough height to frontflip as he landed on the ground before the Weedle. Showboating as usual. "Greetings, fair madam. I am Calem, Caterpie of renown and resident powerhouse, at thine service. Would you care for an apple this fine day? They truly are a remarkable delicacy, as I can attest."
Old 03-10-2024, 05:19 PM   #53
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Liawe turned around at the sound of Eddie's voice, and Eddie could see immediately where her gaze had been drawn to- the freaking flying Kangaskhan. "...ah, you've noticed that Elle can fly," Eddie nodded. "That's simply a matter of teaching them the move Fly before they evolve." Liawe then introduced herself, mentioning her former status as a Gym Leader. "Ah,you used to be a Gym Leader," Eddie nodded. "I'm afraid I wouldn't have seen you in that capacity, I never did take on any of the raid battles taking place in Zephyr Valley myself. As far as things acting up again, I get the feeling that might not be so much of a concern anymore. At my lab I have alerts set up so that I am informed at once of any unusual Power Spot activity throughout Fizzytopia, and it's been dead silent ever since that last Gigantamax Venusaur at the old Wishing Well. And yes, I test it regularly just to make sure it's still operational," he added, with the air of forestalling an obvious question.

Liawe then went to introduce her Pokémon, stopping abruptly to demand to know where her Caterpie had gotten an apple from, only to see that it was a freebie. She apologized for that, obviously relieved it wasn't outright theft. "Oh, believe me, I know the feeling," Eddie nodded. "My Alakazam has a similar bad habit of grabbing food from wherever he can, regardless of who it was intended for." He nodded as Liawe asked about what he was looking into. "Ah, yes- as I mentioned earlier, my field of study is cryptopokology- Pokémon and phenomena that seemingly defy known laws of physics, commonly believed to be glitches in reality. Elle here is a good example- if my earlier remark about her learning Fly before evolving was bewildering to you at all, it would not surprise me. Typically, Kangaskhan are born as that same species and simply grow into their adult state, but if young Kangaskhan grow up around a Pokémon called Missingno., the Missingno.'s strange powers have an influence on the impressionable joeys, and upon reaching adolescence, they become this." As he said this, he pressed a few buttons on his Pokédex, then turned it around to show Liawe. The screen registered a picture of an L-shaped creature whose white body was covered in black, purple, and orange pixel-like patterns.

"'M- Normal Form- the Glitched Joey Pokémon. A Bird and Normal-type," droned the device. "A transitional stage between the infant and adult stages of Kangaskhan, the result of a Missingno.'s influence on the impressionable young. Evolution can be achieved with minimal battling experience."

"'M are capable of flight, even learning the move Sky Attack," Eddie continued, putting away his Pokédex. "But manually teaching them Fly is necessary for them to retain this capability upon evolution. But, as for your actual question, what I'm looking into right now, the answer to that is a generally deadly and mercifully rare phenomenon known as ZZAZZ. An unknowable entity which, when approached, produces a Poké Ball from which emerges the Charizard Form of 'M, which is visually identical to a Charizard, but its cry sounds more like that of the legendary Zapdos. The afflicted person's body begins to glitch up visually and perpetually, and most of their Pokémon turn into Bulbasaur, retaining some of their old moves, while also learning Explosion. And... their name, their recollection of it, anyone's recollection of it, even any written accounts of it... overwritten largely by the letter Z. By and large, the phenomenon is fatal," Eddie said gravely. "But there are rare instances of survivors, one of whom is in fact my little sister. Another one, who had since passed on of natural causes, was my girlfriend's grandfather. What I'm looking into right now, is to see if the original names of ZZAZZ victims or survivors have any common threads that might lead to the discovery of how they might have survived the phenomenon. Obviously, this isn't typically possible, but my girlfriend's uncle is Bruno of the Kanto and Johto Elite Four. Bruno Elia... Jr.," he grinned. "Meaning that his father, ZZUZZ Elia Sr., had to have been originally named Bruno himself. Since then, I've been looking into old records to find out the names of ZZAZZ victims and survivors, as well as their immediate family, for any manner of clues. There is still much about ZZAZZ that is unknown even to us who study cryptopokology, so if I can figure out any sort of common thread between the few survivors in recorded history, this could be a huge breakthrough!" he breathed. "And-"

"Kangas," interrupted Elle, gently but firmly, placing a hand on Eddie's shoulder, cutting his monologue mercifully short.

"...right. Right," Eddie nodded. "Ahem. Sorry, sorry about that, Liawe," he added, taking a moment to calm down somewhat, adjusting his glasses sheepishly. "I tend to get very talkative when on the subject of my research. Thank you, Elle."

"Skhaaan, kangas," smiled Elle in response, while Lowercase cooed and giggled.

"...thanks to you too, Lowercase," Eddie added with a smile. Then, he turned back to Liawe. "But yes, that's the gist of what I'm looking into these days," he said. "Though something else I've been focused on recently had to do with the Dynamax phenomenon. My friend and I went up into the Starlight Frontier space station, and said friend managed to catch an Eternatus, saving the space station in the process. Eternatus being the Pokémon responsible for Dynamax as a whole, so that's naturally been a very big help to me. I've long theorized Dynamax to have its roots in cryptopokological phenomena, and thus far my research is telling me I was on the right track from the start.

Meanwhile, Hermione watched Calem's impressive jump, and nodded as he stuck the landing. "Pleased to meet you both," she responded. "I would very much like an apple, thank you," she agreed. "Resident powerhouse, hm?" she added to Calem. "I did get the impression just from looking that you are indeed stronger than the average Caterpie. I myself made the decision long ago to push my limits, and see how strong I could get without ever evolving. Would I be correct in assuming that you likewise do not wish to evolve? Or are you merely putting it off? My son initially only wished to evolve as far as Kakuna, but later on changed his mind, and he is now a powerful and happy Beedrill." As she spoke, she used Psychic to take hold of an apple and float it over to her. Once she'd finished asking Calem her questions, she let loose a series of precisely-aimed Psycho Cuts to cut the apple into slices, then began munching on one of the slices. "...Oh, goodness, this is a remarkably good apple," she murmured between mouthfuls.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:28 PM   #54
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Oh, well. The Devil makes us sin. But we like it when we're spinning in his grip.

Jaycee sneers at the serene, natural scenery before him. Apples. Hmph. Weren't those fruits associated with Autumn harvests? Jaycee had memories of Labor Day pick-your-own family outings, with his twin, plucking ripe fruits off the trees in September with big baskets, in the last bit of Summer's strength, the fading embrace of warmth that was the beginning of Autumn in Unova. Why someone would associate apples with the New Year and the dawning of Spring was beyond him. Complete madness...

Then again, wasn't Jaycee the mad one? The one who transcended time, place, and narrative?

Bogie the Spritzee didn't give a fruity frackin' frock about any of Jaycee's ponderings. The smell of apples enticed him, and the scent of honey enraptured him. If one were to think with nose alone in this space, it would be nothing but happy thoughts, and Bogie was full of them, flitting into the festival with unbridled happiness. It was true that they were not apple people, but Bogie had enough desire for the both of them to participate. After all, would Jaycee say no to an Applin, in any time of year? Of course not. They were adorable.

Jaycee sighs heavily, resigning himself to an apple harvest in March. There were more ridiculous things his brain accepted, after all. He was not terribly familiar with the Applin as a species, or their evolutions, but if the cost of his participation was gaining more knowledge, then he would gladly pay, even if he lost Paradise in the process.

"What is this, Eden?" Jaycee asks to no one in particular with a sarcastic smirk. "Where's the Serpent, then? Now that's who I'd like to talk to..."
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:53 PM   #55
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jirachi I hide my insecurities using laughter as a weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
With winter giving way to spring, the weather was getting more pleasant, easier to enjoy without wearing extra layers, and better suited for hosting outdoor events. Case in point, the Fizzytopian Parks and Wildlife Reserve was hosting an event in celebration of the Year of the Applin. The more proper Lunar New Year festivities might have ended, but a year was a year was a year. Who was gonna turn down a good excuse to celebrate, anyway?

Certainly not the Masterses! Sure enough, Keith, Willa, and Maribel Masters all made their way into the park, with Meowth and Meowstic following not far behind, paw in paw. "Woooow!" breathed Maribel, taking in the apple-themed decorations. "They went all-out for this!"

"Indeed," Willa concurred.

"Yeah, this is gonna be a cool day," Keith grinned. "But yeah, let's send 'em on out before we go any further in, hmm?"

"Dat sounds like a plan ta me-owth," Meowth purred.

"Mrrrrowstic," Meowstic concurred with a small and careful nod.

Keith nodded, and threw an Ultra Ball. "Amy, let's go!" he called out.

Willa threw her own Ultra Ball. "Flapple!" she declared.

Maribel, meanwhile, threw her own Poké Ball "Come out- Hydrapple!" she exclaimed.

The trio of Applinlutions materialized at once. Amy, Keith's Appletun, immediately nuzzled Willa's Flapple affectionately, while Maribel's Hydrapple's syrpents peered out of the large apple to look around.

"Alright, Amy, on our best behavior today, OK?" Keith said. "No eating food that isn't given to you, OK?"

"Tun tuuuun!" Amy responded cheerily.

"And Flapple, no battling someone without getting their say-so first," Willa said firmly.

"Flaaaaapple," yawned Flapple.

Maribel, meanwhile, had caught sight of Noel. "...isn't that the guy from the Colosseum challenge that day?" she murmured. "And he has a Hydrapple, too! Hydrapple, come on, let's go say hi!"

"Draaaapple!" screeched the commander syrpent. She then proceeded to screech commands at the other syrpents. Several of them screeched back insolently, but after a few seconds, the commander got the rest of them in gear, and they began to move the syrup apple forward as a team. Maribel nodded approvingly, and walked alongside.

"Hi!" Maribel smiled as she approached Noel. "It's... Noel, right? I remember you from Sludge Wave Colosseum, I'm Maribel Masters, we battled in the first round. You have a Hydrapple too, huh? That's so cool! Mine's the daughter of my mom's Flapple and my dad's Appletun, and due to a few weird coincidences she evolved all the way to Hydrapple within minutes of hatching."

"Draaaap," the commander syrpent added sheepishly. Maribel chuckled and proceeded to pet the syrpent. This got the other syrpents to poke their heads out, all of them screeching for attention.

"Alright, be patient," Maribel said firmly as she petted each syrpent in turn, other hand at the ready should any of the syrpents begin squabbling over who should get pet next. "So, how'd you get your Hydrapple?" she asked Noel.

Keith and Willa smiled as they watched their daughter go to make a new friend (hopefully, at least), then looked around for something else to do, or someone else to meet. Either or.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Jaycee sneers at the serene, natural scenery before him. Apples. Hmph. Weren't those fruits associated with Autumn harvests? Jaycee had memories of Labor Day pick-your-own family outings, with his twin, plucking ripe fruits off the trees in September with big baskets, in the last bit of Summer's strength, the fading embrace of warmth that was the beginning of Autumn in Unova. Why someone would associate apples with the New Year and the dawning of Spring was beyond him. Complete madness...

Then again, wasn't Jaycee the mad one? The one who transcended time, place, and narrative?

Bogie the Spritzee didn't give a fruity frackin' frock about any of Jaycee's ponderings. The smell of apples enticed him, and the scent of honey enraptured him. If one were to think with nose alone in this space, it would be nothing but happy thoughts, and Bogie was full of them, flitting into the festival with unbridled happiness. It was true that they were not apple people, but Bogie had enough desire for the both of them to participate. After all, would Jaycee say no to an Applin, in any time of year? Of course not. They were adorable.

Jaycee sighs heavily, resigning himself to an apple harvest in March. There were more ridiculous things his brain accepted, after all. He was not terribly familiar with the Applin as a species, or their evolutions, but if the cost of his participation was gaining more knowledge, then he would gladly pay, even if he lost Paradise in the process.

"What is this, Eden?" Jaycee asks to no one in particular with a sarcastic smirk. "Where's the Serpent, then? Now that's who I'd like to talk to..."

Noel watched as a little girl approached him. Yes, this most certainly would be quite fun. If he wanted to be a goddamn babysitter, he'd not be here. No, he was here to get himself some shiny, nice prize. The Applin were just excuses. Though, this could be seen as a belated Valentine's event. Applin were, after all, a symbol of love in Galar.

"Oh, that was just a fluke," Noel shrugs off Maribel as she makes herself comfortable at his blanket. His no people zone blanket. Wonderful. He'd preferred to have been anti-social, if at all possible.

"As for Hydrus here... He was a gift. In a sense. One of my friends, she's really into Eastern Horoscopes and Astrology. Year of the Dragon, yadda yadda. So, she sent us all Applin. I, somehow, got the one who had fully evolved by the time it arrived," he rolls his eyes nonchalantly.

However, before he can further make conversation, Hydrus nudges him. The large Hydrapple seemed to have spotted someone of interest. So much so, that all seven heads were peering out and looking at them. Odd. Almost nothing could get all seven of those idiots' attention.

"What? Can't you see it- Ow, rude, fine fine I'm getting up!" Noel audible shouts, causing most of the park to hear him. The main head had lightly bit his arm, and the others were trying to lift him up.

With his Hydrapple wingman now literally pushing him forward, Noel awkwardly waved at Maribel. Voyager sits there, looking at the girl, and waves her off. THe Clefairy then gets up, and trails behind Noel. The sandy brown-haired man soon finds himself hearing quite the interesting thing.

"Where's the Serpent, then? Now that's who I'd like to talk to..."

He blinked and felt a sense of familiarity. This man... he looked so familiar. He felt so familiar. Yet, this only turned a pit in his stomach. Why did he feel familiar? Why did he look familiar? It was someone he never had met before, right?

"Well, I got eight. Seven behind me, and well, hehe," Noel replies to him, his voice more flirtatious and sugary than one would expect.

"Now, look at you. You're a sight for sore eyes now. But, hmm, I don't know why, but you remind me of someone new I met recently. A girl, plain as they could be. But you, my good sir, seem to be anything but," Noel continues looking at the man, and extending his hand.

"This whole thing is foppish anyway. Year of the Appln. Ha. My name is Noel, yours?"

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:28 PM   #56
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I know who I am, but who are you?

- tnepres eht s'erehW

Where, indeed. Seven behind the man that approached him, and, of course, the eighth. Would he acknowledge the ninth? In due time. Just enough Circles of Hell for each one, Jaycee thinks with a devilish grin. Giving into temptation at an Apple Festival seemed like exactly the kind of irony he found delectable. If you're going to be trapped in the narrative, why not let it weave a little bit of intrigue?

"I have that kind of face," he remarks nonchalantly in response to Noel's admission of recognition, though the name Noel - leoN - rang deep in his understanding of the Text. Oh, there was a familiarity here, no doubt, but acknowledging such would immediately alert the Fairy King and Poison Lord both. No, better to keep one's name to oneself.

The plain girl. He knew who Noel meant, but kept his reaction bland, uninteresting, like the girl herself. If what Noel wanted was an admission, he would not give it. Oh, he knew who he looked like, and he could read between the lines, better than anyone here, and it was going to take more than that. "Nice to meet you, Noel. The name's Jaycee, and this here is Bogie, my Spritzee. We heard about the Applin Festival and decided to check it out. Bogie here just loves nice scents, and apples do appeal to his senses."

(Spritzee's response cannot be translated here due to constraints on language, content and [REDACTED])

"Wow, Spritzee! That sure is insightful," Jaycee chuckles. "So, tell me, Noel. What are the attractions, here? Just chattin' it up? Or is there, like... Apple-bobbing? Candy apples? Apple-themed attractions? How limited is the imagination of this little festival, I wonder..."

Jaycee takes a step forward, looking carefully, asking his next question in a tone that is equally flippant and dark. "What, exactly, are the parameters you wish to set?"
Old 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM   #57
Lil'twick
Insanity

Jirachi The warning signs can feel like they're butterflies

Noel noticed the man approach closer. Perhaps a tad bit too close for most. And as he did so, he introduced himself. Yet, as he did so, he gave Noel the same gaze as she did when they first met. His words were being crafted, no, sculpted carefully. To give off the feeling that he was nonchalant. That there was nothing wrong with this man. But all of the warning signs were twinkling away into stardust - into butterflies. It was enrapturing, in a way, how this man was testing him so immediately. Not to mention the Spritzee's seemingly indecipherable response. He could feel Hydrus give another push. Well, time to fall for this. Hook. Line. Sinker.

"Not sure, honestly. This whole... fair, yeah, let's call it a fair, was all about Applin. Themed decoration. Official league workers, interns most likely, there to hand out pamphlets. Let the public interact with this year's mascot Pokemon. Oh, how to be turned into a mascot. But, I digress. There's a candy apple stand over yonder. Bobbing? That could be nice... to watch," Noel started to go off, his body seemingly lighter than air. He chuckled towards the end, before dropping into a whisper.

"But for me. Fuck around and find out, Jaycee. After all, I think we're both men with nothing to lose. Already have a ticket straight to hell in here." Noel points a singular finger to his chest. Above his left breast. Yet, his words wore more airy. Breathier now. As if to hint it was more than just his still-beating heart.

"But odd. Usually, the name would be Jayce. Or... you're sounding out your initials. Well, as they say in Kalos: C'est la vie. I'm not here to pry. I'm here to get to know you. I think my Hydrapple would be quite adamant on it, in fact," Noel looked over his shoulder at Hydrus, who turned around and started to chat with Voyager.

"Still. I get being here for just your Pokemon. I told myself I'd get to know some people. But I rather just sit and watch the sky. Watch the stars... Though I'm sure something such as that wouldn't match the bombastic excitement you seem to be craving," Noel then looks at him, staring intently into his eyes. The same icy, cold gaze that he gave Jane that day. To see how he would react. Would he crack? Would he stay, whimsical and wonderful as he was? Noel didn't know. He, for once, didn't want to. This may be a mistake. It most assuredly was. But what was life without making just a few?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Lil'twick; 03-12-2024 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:56 PM   #58
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Well, this was most interesting. Calem apparently had a rival. And apparently one with a much more extensive moveset than his somewhat-restrictive cannoneer loadout. "Yeah, that... about sums it up. I just enjoy being a Caterpie too much to consider evolving, and I've never really liked the thought of having wings anyway. Much more fun being able to crawl everywhere, you know?"

"I quite agree", said Bertha, waddling over to plonk herself down next to the caterpillar and weevil. "I too had the option to evolve into a flying creature, but thankfully Liawe and I both agreed that flight didn't really... suit me, you know? Also, grab me an apple please Calem, there's a dear.".

Rolling his eyes, the Caterpie obeyed, String Shotting a pair of apples and swinging them over, depositing one before Bertha before, clearly in an attempt to show off, he flung his upwards, roasting it in a Flamethrower before catching it and beginning to chow down on his toasty treat. Exasperated, Bertha rolled her eyes, before tucking into her raw apple with gusto. Clearly evolution had dulled neither taste nor appetite. "My, these apples are quite delectable! Perhaps I should have Liawe take some back with us..."

"And maybe a standing order!" added Calem cheerfully.

Meanwhile, completely unaware of her companions' fruited scheming, Liawe was busy navigating her own worst nightmare: a conversation. Thankfully, he seemed to be one who'd do most of the talking himself, and Liawe was content to let him ramble on about glitches and abnormal Pokémon. Anything so that she didn't need to talk. Unfortunately, it seemed as if the floating Kangaskhan had different plans, nudging the man out of his monologue and reminding him that of the unfortunate truth (for Liawe, at least) that a conversation generally requires two people speaking, not just one. A somewhat-uncomfortable silence followed as Liawe desperately cast about internally to find something to talk about, before deciding ultimately to fall back on the festival theming for an easy out. "So... You're here because your Blipbug is trying to get some moves to work, right? Do you... like apples?" She cringed inwardly as the question came out with how awkward it sounded, but she'd had to say something... She wished Sheut was here to deal with the conversations for her. Alas, the Baltoy had little interest in fruit, preferring instead to throw it at people, and so she must make do without.
Old 03-24-2024, 08:39 AM   #59
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Maribel listened as Noel played off his victory in the Colosseum as a fluke. "I don't know if I'd call it completely a fluke," Maribel persisted. "It's true I had a lot on my mind at the time, but I still know a skilled Trainer when I see one in action." She chuckled at the story about Hydrus having already been fully evolved when Noel got him. "So we both started with them as Hydrapple right out of the gate, huh?" she smiled. "I- what the-" she murmured, for at that moment, Hydrus seemed to be trying to push Noel in a certain direction, to the point where all seven syrpents were coordinating their efforts. Maribel was suitably surprised at this show of teamwork, and she could already hear the central syrpent of her own Hydrapple screeching at the other six.

"Pay attention, you syruplogged layabouts!" the syrpent was screeching. "You see that? That right there? That is how it's done! Look at that teamwork, that coordinated effort! It's like watching a Barbaracle in action!"

"Ehh, go suck a Smoliv," yawned one of the syrpents in lazy insolence.

The central syrpent gave a sigh, at which point Maribel scratched behind the apple on her head. "Don't worry about it, Hydrapple," Maribel smiled. "We'll get there someday. Meanwhile, it seems Hydrus really wanted Noel to talk to that guy over there for some reason," she added, looking over to where Noel and Jaycee were having their conversation. "...Oh, well. Let's go get some apples to eat, and then find someone else to talk to," she said.

"Hydraaap!" agreed the central syrpent, who then began screeching at the other six to help get the whole unit moving. Maribel could hear the lazy grumblings of the other syrpents as they grudgingly helped move the apple along.

~~~~~

Hermione nodded in agreement. "I've never really ruled out the wings myself, it was always more of an experiment on my part," she replied. "Or at least, it started out as one. Even when I was younger I had such a curious mind, and I knew that Weedle such as myself were generally perceived as weak. So I wanted to see how strong a Weedle could actually become. Before I was Eddie's Pokémon, I belonged to one Keith Masters, who is exceptional with Poison-types. He was all for helping me with my experiment, and found various ways to teach me new moves, even during times when the laws governing TM usage were much more strict. Making the decision to leave his team was not an easy one- even to this day I regard him very highly- but working with Eddie in his laboratory has proven to be the exact challenge my mind has craved. But yes- after some time, it became less of an experiment and more just... my way of life," she admitted. "The idea of me evolving just doesn't feel right anymore."

She watched as Calem fetched a few apples via String Shot, but then decided to show off by flinging his own apple upwards and roasting it in midair via Flamethrower. "Impressive," Hermione nodded. "And that smells delicious," she added, noting how the roasted apple smelled to her acute nose. "In fact..." she trailed off, looking at her own uncooked apple slices. After a moment's consideration, she flicked her tail in their direction, creating a small Twister that began to lift them up. Then, she slammed her tail into the ground, and the Twister dispersed, replaced at once with a pillar of flame- a small-scale Fire Pledge that roasted the apple slices in a flash. As the pillar dissipated, the apple slices fell, only for Hermione to catch them in midair through use of Telekinesis, and pull them back over to her.. She took a bite out of one. "...oh, yes, that was a good idea," she murmured, before continuing to eat it. "Oh, yes, where are my manners- Bertha, would you like one of us to cook your apple as well, or do you prefer them uncooked?" she asked the Appletun.

Liawe, meanwhile, never exactly the social type, was fine to let Eddie ramble on, and wasn't too thrilled when the time came for her to participate in the conversation. She hesitantly asked if Eddie liked apples, cringing inwardly at how awkward it came out, but Eddie did not call attention to this whatsoever. He had had his own moments of awkwardness when it came to conversation in the past, and knew better than to judge others for the same. "I like them well enough," he said. "I wouldn't call them a favorite of mine, but I'm not adverse to eating them when the opportunity presents itself. I mean, I don't even aspire to own an Applin or any of the Applinlutions myself. They're good Pokémon, of course, just not ones that I have particular interest in training myself," he added with a courteous nod to Bertha. As he did so, he couldn't help but notice Calem's use of Flamethrower. "Your Caterpie is quite remarkable," he noted. "My Weedle in fact knows a few moves that- OK, no, a metric ton of moves that her kind don't usually learn," he corrected himself sheepishly. "Is his goal something along the lines of getting as strong as possible without evolving, by chance? I ask because my Weedle is very much in that same boat, and- well now she's just showing off," he chuckled, having seen the Twister and Fire Pledge combo Hermione pulled off to cook her apple slices.
Old 03-24-2024, 07:03 PM   #60
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I believe it was a sin, to do you in the way I did you in.

As Noel describes the fair and its features, Jaycee looks around, taking careful stock of the scenery. Details were beginning to fill in slowly with his explanation. Nameless, faceless league interns populating the landscape. Candy apple stands, bobbing for apples, and other fairgoers and Pokémon, who seemed to be socializing around them. Aside from Noel, no one else had acknowledged Jaycee, and quite honestly, it made things easier, especially when he struggled to tell one person from another, one Pokémon from the next.

Jaycee nods knowingly at Noel's comment about having a Ticket to Hell, and he taps his temple with his finger. "Mine's stored right up here," he says with a bit of a laugh, but it comes out hard, humorless. If Jaycee is then taken aback by Noel's perceptive analysis of his name, he doesn't show it. "Hah. You believe those are my initials, do you? Well, don't confuse me with a certain savior, if that's what you're thinking. That would just be tacky, wouldn't it?" Jaycee smirks. Noel's intense gaze - that starless night, that darkness - pierces Jaycee's, but unlike Jane, it inspires little reaction in the woman's twin. Instead, he merely chuckles.

"Here to socialize? Huh. Fancy that. I told you, though... I'm here because Bogie likes the smells. Me? I have no desire to be here at all. I would rather be home, but y'know... Home isn't safe. Not that here is really that much better, honestly, but there are... Things we should talk about, real quick, before I get too entrenched in the play-pretend you've got going here."

Jaycee extends his hand to Noel, and in that moment, Noel's mind is brought immediately back to his fateful loss to Jane. The pose, the expression, it matches perfectly. Too perfectly. What Noel had seen in that moment, it echoed here... But why? What was so important about this instance in time?

"Noel... You have to believe me. I -"

A delicate, feminine hand glitches into being for the briefest of moments, and takes the hand that Jaycee offers before Noel can so much as respond. With a powerful yank, Jaycee tumbles forward, but rather than fall into Noel as his trajectory would imply, the hand - and Jaycee - vanish into thin air. Bogie looks around for a moment, confused, before the little pink fae is snatched out of thin air, too.

Aside from the eerie silence in place of where the man and his Spritzee once stood, one would think that nothing was amiss. Yet, like a star ever so slightly out of place that whispered softly of terrifying levels of chaos, that this singular moment happened - and was not allowed to fully realized - whispered of something far worse to come.

((E̵͉͔͍͋̍̉͒͗̃́̃́́̿̿͘X̸̨̢͉̲͙̗̥̦̥͖͓̣̟̝͖̑́̋̓̈́̿̈́͋͗̚͝I̸ ̡̡̱͈̼̫̞̝̙̯͔̞̘̇̍͋̂̆͗͐̚̚͜͝ͅT̴̙̮̘̙̽̾̃̏ ̵̧̛̛̮̺͇̝̼̞́̉͛̇͐͗͝-̶̺͕̻́̓́͌̆͋ ̸͈̤͖͈̰̬̮̠̳͖̼͑̆̅͌͜͠J̶̨̮̯̙̝͆̈͛̽͂̎̕Ḁ̷̺̞̑͑̾̉̋̀́͠Y̵͆̆̈́ ̨͉̞̼͔̱̻̟̟̗̹̮̘̙̪̣́̌͆̂ͅC̵̨͖͓̞̩͈̺͓̍̈͛̊͑̈́̌͋̀͛̈́̒͌̀̆͜͜͠ ̨̯̘̜͓Ȇ̶̙̗̩̞͈̜̞̖͠Ë̶̢̗̤̰̺͕̟̺̮̙̤̘̣́̃̂̈́̃͂̀̉̑̓̔̋͐̎̕͝͝) )
Old 03-24-2024, 09:08 PM   #61
Lil'twick
Insanity

With a strange daylight caught in our eyes

Noel watched in abject horror at the event unfolding before him. While the analysis was correct, it didn't matter. He watched as a hand materialized out of nothing, and yanked Jaycee forward. Yanked him into the ether. He could hear those ill-fated words as Jaycee flew forward and felt a shiver. His entire body was screaming at him to run.

"Warning."

Before him, where Jaycee stood, and Elgyem soon floated. Her chains rattling menacingly. He looked back to see Hydrus and Voyager staring in bewilderment. He could feel a few people staring at Jaycee's sudden disappearance. So, he looked at the Elgyem.

"The stars, they scream. What lies sleeping is starting to wake. Noel, we must take action!" the Elgyem shouts into his mind, her voice desperate.

"Fine... Andromeda, what do you foresee?" Noel questions the Pokemon.

"The Hatchery will be destroyed. There is no way to prevent it. Go forth and find the Gemini. I- I can't reveal more, otherwise you will be compromised," the Elgyem states.

Noel shakes his head and sighs. He didn't even want to be here in the first place. This, at the very least, gave him enough of an excuse to leave. Even so, he knew something was wrong. Very, very wrong. He just wanted to give Jaycee a piece of his mind, and maybe a bit more. Yet now, it was leading to something even worse.

He paused, unaware of what he wanted to do next. Where to go next. Find the Gemini? Most assuredly she did not refer to his Tandemaus. They were just named after the constellation. He sighed, looking at the azure sky above. He felt a... familiarity there. And then he could recall it. The promise was that he'd meet her again. That strange woman from the hospital. Odd. Yet, it started to tear his head apart in pain.

"We're leaving," he tells his team, clutching his head. He then recalls his Pokemon. So much for socializing and getting to know people.

"I have too many damn people to find," Noel grits his teeth, and sends out a Pokemon. A Togekiss appears and lets out a cry of jubilee.

"Caelus, to the skies," he orders the Togekiss.

He then gets on top of the Togekiss, and soon finds himself airborne. He covers his mouth with his scarf, and he looks out on the horizon. He didn't know where to go. There were too many people to find. His brother, the twins, and his old friends from the hospital. How in the hell did he end up entangled in this entire mess?

Angelic feathers started to fall onto the apple festival as Noel took flight. Jaycee's haunted plea still rang in his head. He believed that Jaycee was trying to help Jane. That's what he believed. Yet, he needed to find the man. If he didn't, he felt something absolutely terrible would end up happening. Little did he know how his own fate would end up converging with others.

"Per ardua ad astra..."

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones